WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2006 PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Nov 14, 2005
8.3

1. JamesC.
    Jan 26, 2006
    this is the best wrestling game ever made it has the more realism to the real thing thats why i gave it the 10 rating coz its just the best.
  2. JevanieM.
    Jul 10, 2007
    I gave it a 10 because this game is very addicting.some people may not like this game because it's a complecated game and they may not know what to do in some of the matches but non of them is impossible.the general mode is awesome because you could feel like a real general manager by putting people together in matches.and you also get stars in general manager mode.
  3. KieranJ.
    Dec 4, 2005
    I think SD vs. RAW 2006 is the best game that has ever been brought to PS2...
  4. Jan 14, 2013
    the second best wwe gaem it is very fun great roster, season mode, good graphics for ps2 great game modes introduced buried alive and your characters finally talk it is a good game the best SVR game of all time
  5. EdT.
    Jan 25, 2006
    Every couple of years we get a wrestling title that's so fun that you wanna keep it as part of your collection rather than trade it after a year. Smackdown vs. Raw 06 is the most fun since Smackdown:"here comes the pain".
  6. SumDood
    Nov 21, 2005
    This game is pretty freeakin sweet man i love the story line alot. Only improvemnts needed are a more realistic storyline. I mean Triple H aint tha nice!
  7. L.Smith
    Dec 12, 2005
    this game is cool but the limitations on music 4 create a playa bites.
  8. RenishH.
    Dec 10, 2005
    This game is so good! I started playing it so much the day I bought it. They could've improved the roster a bit and the storyline is really really awesome. I wish they put in a few more cool match types whent the next Smackdown series is out. This game beats WWE Smackdown vs. Raw and beats all other wrestling games. PS2 Rules!
  9. Mar 30, 2014
    This is so far the best WWE game I have ever played. The graphics were great, the controls were good, there are so many different kinds of matches and options and in this game if you are playing as a male super star you don't get f**king disqualified for hitting a diva during a match unlike some of the other WWE games these days (eg WWE 2010 and 2011) . This is the best WWE game to meThis is so far the best WWE game I have ever played. The graphics were great, the controls were good, there are so many different kinds of matches and options and in this game if you are playing as a male super star you don't get f**king disqualified for hitting a diva during a match unlike some of the other WWE games these days (eg WWE 2010 and 2011) . This is the best WWE game to me so far because I haven't played WWE 2K14 yet. Expand
  10. JohnC.
    Nov 5, 2007
    not bad at all. the 2nd best WWE game for the ps2 next to here comes the pain. the new GM mode is just so cool. and with the spinning belt and every thing alse it is just that good. this is what a wwe should be. and you can actually go for the tag team titles unlike in SvsRaw. so yea that is way cool the champ is here!
  11. TonyB.
    Jan 30, 2006
    this is a good wrestling title, still not as good as the n64 wrestling games but good. I havent been watching wrestling for a while so i had no idea who the majority of the wrestler were which sucked the only other draw back about this game is for some reason i could not tip the ladder over during ladder matches is there a possible way or what.
  12. AnonymousMC
    Feb 25, 2006
    it is a good game over all, the creation mode i hard to get the right numbers because it moves to quick.
    The season mode got a bit boring after a while.
    GM mode is great. the new matches are great the best is the buried alive match.graphics is excellent and the new create a entrance is excellent
  13. ChrisM.
    Sep 1, 2006
    Overall I think they did fairly well on this game. One major flaw i saw was in the fight clean/dirty feature. It's a good concept, but doesn't always work. For example, a clean(fan favorite) superstar loses momentum for doing things such as removing a turnbuckle pad or using a weapon. But what about fan favorites such as Sabu or Rob Van Dam who are hardcore wrestlers who Overall I think they did fairly well on this game. One major flaw i saw was in the fight clean/dirty feature. It's a good concept, but doesn't always work. For example, a clean(fan favorite) superstar loses momentum for doing things such as removing a turnbuckle pad or using a weapon. But what about fan favorites such as Sabu or Rob Van Dam who are hardcore wrestlers who constantly use weapons? Expand
  14. Apr 24, 2011
    Pros: Excellent graphics and controls; stellar single player and multi-player mode; variety of superstars and matches. Cons: Quirky online play with no voice chat; some of the matches are dull.
  15. Jul 29, 2011
    My first and probably the only one I really enjoyed so far, maybe the reason I didn't liked the (repetition, man how many are ) other WWe S vs R games was because it was the same and lack of new ideas. Sometimes good stuff don't last to much
  16. Oct 26, 2013
    This is the WWE game that finally fells like your actually playing a WWE game. The superstar roster seems to be very balanced, but I hate some of the ways you have to unlock superstar legends.
  17. puffy
    Nov 18, 2005
    smack down vs raw 2006 the newest smackdown for playstation......... for starters the staina system is very nerve racking just be lucky u can turn it off......then the computer ai... normal wth stanma on can be imposslbe espically if they knock u to the ground .... even with stamina off its hard enuff.....the challages .... they seem pretty tuff when u look at them ...like undertaker vssmack down vs raw 2006 the newest smackdown for playstation......... for starters the staina system is very nerve racking just be lucky u can turn it off......then the computer ai... normal wth stanma on can be imposslbe espically if they knock u to the ground .... even with stamina off its hard enuff.....the challages .... they seem pretty tuff when u look at them ...like undertaker vs kane in a buried alive match ..... seems impossble dont it ..but its not ...... all u have to do is use the other controller n finsh the challage ......if u have a multiy tap uj can complete almost any challage......then there is the undertaker ..... great wwe star... known for his tombstone...... but ..... gl with it .....u can pull it off .......... but u get more rope breaks than pins form a tomb stone ...sometimes u will be also be grabing at ur oppniet u will grab to the left n evnen to the right ...computer tag partner can be of no help either ..... he will stand there.... elimation chamber.......... lets just say they rushed it ..... worst camram angle of all... u get more then 3 or 4 people in the match n u got a real mess on ur hands .. u cant tell were u at at sometimes....the chamber n all blocks the view ...i would stay away from that match at cost but u have to at lest go thru it once cause of a challage u have to pull off to unlock somethin in the game .....turn around system is kind of a lil ruff as well ..the grahics well they are good but in my opiion i like last years charecters a lll better ....last years game was more colorful.....this game does offer a lot of options .. but options dont make a perfect wrestling game...then there is gm mode ... very nice to finace a show n have ur own stars n make ur own fueds ..... but in all honesty.... how long do u plan on playin ?...sure u can use two players but i would not adivise it ... if u really want to sit a long long i mean long time if u l make it two players... gm mode is not bad it is a great start on things to come ......smack down vs raw 2006 throws alot on the table its a attempt to throw relizmin in a game .... but in my opion relizim is just no nothin that needs to be done here........there is good points to the game .. comatating is nice.......i pretty funny to liston to king n ross agrue or even taz n cole....( that is just gas jr.. well king i did have some oklhoma barcuce.....).season mode is funny eugane with a cruch actin like a machine gun... i rolled on the floor laughin my but off he is really funny .eugane makes the season mode worh ur while....im glad i wen thru season .....if u do anything lest go thru season mode ...but that stll dont make a game a ten nine or even a 8....after u read this i say ur thinkin one of the followin things ... here is someone that hasnt played it .... i own the game got it the 15th when it came out and yes played it everday tryint o give ita chance.....u all be sayin well her some fanboy who just needs to go back playin his x box or gamecube....i dont have xbox ... i do have a game cube ... but i am a wrestling fan n i do like ps2 games as well as gamecube games....and far as fan boy.... to me that kind of sounds like someone is tryin to be jeff foxworthy tellin red neck jokes...if u like xbox better than ps2 u might be a fanboy.....i guess some will even call me every cuss word that they can leaglly put here....go head feel free .. i will be back to check to see what other reviews have to say on this game ...rember this my opion u may think diffent but none the less. im nto gointo put no reviewer down ........n others may even say hes lieing...go head try some of the stuff i tell you .. yes u may have better ludck out of the undertaker pullin off tombstones.... but that still dont make noone a lier....but as far as recomondin the game ..... i can say yes n no... if u ur a hardcore fan go for it ... weither i say no anit goin to change ur mind .....the game beats last years in all catacgoys execpt ....charcters .... n yes that is my opiton u may think diffenrt.. i coud be wrong very . but im not goint o dispit no ones word...if i could give this a score i give it a 7 or 7.4 good attempt at what is yet to come ... have fun gamers ill be back to see wht u have said about my reives n others that have hit the review board ....... Collapse
  18. JodyD.
    Nov 23, 2005
    Game play is great but you get the same storyline over and over. Unless I'm doing something wrong it starts over every year not drawing on what happened last season like the first Raw vs Smackdown did.
  19. IsaacW.
    Jan 10, 2006
    the game is good, dont get me wrong, but i was so pissed off when i found out that the STORYLINE REPEATS ITSELF! its so stupid, you can only be WWE champ for like 10 seconds. its so freakin lame. you cant even add your own created superstars to your WWE RAW or Smackdown GM roster. the whole general manager thing sucks too. you pretty much set up matches and get douched. anyway, the game the game is good, dont get me wrong, but i was so pissed off when i found out that the STORYLINE REPEATS ITSELF! its so stupid, you can only be WWE champ for like 10 seconds. its so freakin lame. you cant even add your own created superstars to your WWE RAW or Smackdown GM roster. the whole general manager thing sucks too. you pretty much set up matches and get douched. anyway, the game play is crap compared to that of the earlier smackdown games, however the intros are cooler, the sound is better, the camera cuts are better, the pyro is more believable, and the real life momentum system is amazing. anyway, im out, im gonna play this game some more, and beat the GM thing. oh and one more thing, you can unlock the ECW arena! totally cool! Expand
    Feb 6, 2006
    The story mode keeps repeating itself and you cant even defend the title its really retarded. However the graphics and real life stamina is really good. This was a really good game dont get me wrong. But peace out.
  21. JonnyT.
    Dec 11, 2006
    Great graphics, tons of matches & moves. but seriously, after playing day of reckoning 2 on the gamecube, i found that the gameplay in this just isnt nearly as good. reversals are too hard (or maybe thats just me), you always fall off the friggin cell!, and in general i find the whole game is way too focused on presentation over real in-game delivery. but thats just me.
  22. May 13, 2016
    Pros:
    Cool roster, GM mode is pretty cool, fast gameplay and the graphics, music and intros were high quality for ps2 gen.

Cons:
    The collision detection is awful, not have a difficulty curve and the combat system is a step back compared to older games.
  23. smokinskull
    Mar 10, 2006
    u want to know why i give this game a 2 because it sux the storyline bites like dirty balls they cant make a good story line if there life was depended on it i know coz ive got all the wwe games and say sux but there was some good bits to them and what is the go with the clothes why have girl clothes in with the guys what guy wants a bra come on thq and yukes get your head out of your assu want to know why i give this game a 2 because it sux the storyline bites like dirty balls they cant make a good story line if there life was depended on it i know coz ive got all the wwe games and say sux but there was some good bits to them and what is the go with the clothes why have girl clothes in with the guys what guy wants a bra come on thq and yukes get your head out of your ass and do i good storyline line i bet i could make a much better storyline line then u best storyline in the world do u guy play your shit games your just make shit coz thats all u can do they all sux i know your making me and i bet a lot of ppl hate wwe games now i love to play them but dude the sux storyline i could pee on so make a better storyline like its that fast u get the belt that fast and its over u cant even go on with the belt so look at the stuff u guys make. and plz fix it or ive make my own wwe game and play it on my own coz i know my storyline could kick all your storyline stuff out the door its up to u so remember dont have to all ways go off the stuff on tv make up a new storyline for lads and chicks that would like to sit the 40 or 50 or 60 hours of game play in a storyline that would be good and make it harder plz to get the belt so do that for the next game so the next game well be the best storyline ok dont muck it up thx and dont say its going to be the best storyline ever when its not i hate it when they do that thx and thq plz read this and fix it thx Expand
  24. JohnDick
    Dec 4, 2005
    I don't understand some ratings...
    WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2006 gets an average of 81 while NGC's WWE Day of Reckoning 2 gets 76.
    Well, now compare which is really better. Compare Reckoning's graphics with this one. I don't understand why PS2 games always get higher rating for worse games. Maybe you tell that the ratings are set depending the system's power. But
    I don't understand some ratings...
    I don't understand why PS2 games always get higher rating for worse games. Maybe you tell that the ratings are set depending the system's power. But in this way NGC will always get worse ratings for better games, so PS2 will always sell more...

#33 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005
#6 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2005

While I'll be the first to admit that the series could still work on its list of recurring problems, there's no other wrestling game since "No Mercy" that offers this much replay, value, or depth.
    Hardcore wrestling fans will find the deepest reservoir of variety ever available, and may even forgive the feeble fighting system long enough to enjoy some theatrics.
  3. Those who bought last year's game might find themselves disappointed by the lack of genuine innovation and new thrills. It's still a truly amazing game, but one that's in need of a freshening up and a different slant before they chuck out next year's version. [PSW]