8.7

1. Oct 3, 2010
    I was a Xenogears fan and I was eagerly awaiting this game but it inevitably was doomed to let me down. It is not a Xenogears game only but for a few references.
  2. Dec 30, 2010
    i loved xenogears it is still my favorite RPG of all time . so when i heard it was getting a prequel i couldnt wait to get my hands on it . much like xenogears this game is heavily story driven and there is alot of cut sceanes which i love if its got a story that grabs me and intresting charicters . i loved KOS-MOS a kick ass female android who could bust **** up . but kinda like FF8 it has the same problems the combat system just isnt as fun mainly because the mech combat just plain sucks . the game is also very challanging and not that i mind that but it gets to the point where its very frustrating . the final boss is one of the hardest boss fights ive ever fought ina RPG i fought that basterd for almost a hout and still couldnt beat him. but some of the voice acting is some of the best ive seen. crispen freemen who does albedo really stands out . i mean wow he made that guy look like a freekin insane madman that i believed 100%. its not exactly the awsome sequel i was hoping this to be but it didnt dissapoint in the story area one freekin bit. and thats the most important part to me for any RPG. Expand
  3. Jan 20, 2012
    One of the most mature storylines every crafted for a video game - wonderful gaming experience. I will say that some battles can last a bit longer than enjoyable necessary, but still, small distraction from a great game. Just don't play if you hate cut scenes.
  4. Aug 18, 2011
    I was excited for this game, seeing as how many of the people involved with Xenogears were behind this. But this game ends up a bit too convoluted. I didn't mind the long cutscenes but the story is a nonstop series of inconsistent tidbits, characters and details which do not make any sense until the final few hours of the game- and even then, you'll constantly find yourself referring to the database to figure out what's what. The characters, even the lead, never develop beyond their initial personalities. Visually, the game is very good (especially the FMVs) and the music is great, though not Mitsuda's best. The gameplay is fairly tradition with towns to explore, secrets to find, dungeons to conquer, and bosses to beat. The battle system and character development systems are very complicated and contains so many different aspects that you will spend a vast majority of your time in trail in error to find what characters and attacks work against what enemies. The game is also incredibly inconsistent in terms of difficulty. Above all, the entire game just feels slow and tedious: the long and boring dungeons, the overly simplistic but tiresome puzzles and nearly every single battle just seems to drag on. Ultimately though, if you do make it to the end, you will see that it's only the beginning of a huge saga and it will pique your interest. Expand
  5. Jul 25, 2012
    Some of the cutscenes can be long, but its not like other games dont have long cutscenes as well. This is a great game to start what is a fantastic trilogy of games. The story is good, battle system unique, just a solid game from top to bottom. In my opinion nothing like Xenogears if any of you think this is a sequel, I hated Xenogears but loved this game and the 2 that followed.
  6. Oct 29, 2013
    It is a story-based RPG with great game play and an innovative system. If you are looking for a rewarding game, you've found it, sometimes the scenes go on for a while, but that is what most RPG fans dig. This game isn't for the impatient and those who lack imagination, this is truly a gem and it's easy to find a copy.

The narrative of Xenosaga dwarfs all of its other elements, which are under-developed in comparison.
  2. Xenosaga has that extra special something that has been missing from RPGs for the last couple of years, an enthralling, profound story that leaves you truly wanting more.
  3. The brilliant story is enhanced by a beautiful score from Mitsuda and cinematic sequences which are stunning, to say the least.