9.0

1. JackieS.
    Oct 4, 2006
    Love at first sight. This game is great and the story line is awsome! The characters new looks are great and the battle system was perfect. Best game ever!
  2. J.A.
    Oct 9, 2006
    The most brilliant story of all time.
  3. AlbertC.
    Oct 6, 2006
    After playing the downer that was Episode II, Xenosaga III has surpassed even the most optimistic of my expectations. The final installment is one of the best RPGs, EVER. The story has finally come to fruition. The storyline unfurls like a sci-fi epic with mind-blowing twists and bends; Anyone who has ever played Xenogears, the brilliance of Tetsuya Takahashi finally shines. And Xenosaga After playing the downer that was Episode II, Xenosaga III has surpassed even the most optimistic of my expectations. The final installment is one of the best RPGs, EVER. The story has finally come to fruition. The storyline unfurls like a sci-fi epic with mind-blowing twists and bends; Anyone who has ever played Xenogears, the brilliance of Tetsuya Takahashi finally shines. And Xenosaga tops Xenogears in the way of cut scenes, which evokes feelings from all over the spectrum to the viewer. Fear, sadness, anger, love. Need I say more? This game is a masterpiece. Expand
  4. EmmanuelT.
    Sep 22, 2006
    One of the best storylines ever! Here's hoping to see the gang once again. Finally, the database feature helps you understand the story even further, this game wants you to immerse yourself in the development of the series, it does what rarely any game out there does is to give a surprising story.
  5. DanA.
    Sep 8, 2006
    I don't see how anyone could rate this under an 8. If you say gameplay, doesn't every game have "gameplay" flaws? One of the best storylines ever.
  6. BarnabasS.
    Jan 11, 2007
    The best RPG that I have ever played, and that includes every Final Fantasy. Pilot giant mechanical robots and take them into battle. Uncover an epic plot that is filled with physics, philosoply, literature, and psychologicy themes.
  7. IraM.
    Oct 23, 2006
    The best story of any game I have played, that includes just about every Final Fantasy. The mech graphics and fighting are beyond anything I've ever seen in video games. The best interpertation of the Christion religon, science and philosophy by a video game ever! Ranks up there with 2001: A Space Odyssey! Only complaint is too much to read in one game. Kos-Mos is my favorite video The best story of any game I have played, that includes just about every Final Fantasy. The mech graphics and fighting are beyond anything I've ever seen in video games. The best interpertation of the Christion religon, science and philosophy by a video game ever! Ranks up there with 2001: A Space Odyssey! Only complaint is too much to read in one game. Kos-Mos is my favorite video game character, ever! Erde Kaiser Sigma! Collapse
  8. AnsonG.
    Oct 7, 2006
    Finaly, Xenosaga 3, has come to the end, this what we waiting for. This might take awhile, so you probably wanna eat lunch. Overall, there really isnt anything wrong with this game. The story is excellent, and the battles are much easier. Plus, load times have been reduced substabtially. If u re an RPG buff who thinks story is main reason to play a game, then sure buy this one. Trust me, Finaly, Xenosaga 3, has come to the end, this what we waiting for. This might take awhile, so you probably wanna eat lunch. Overall, there really isnt anything wrong with this game. The story is excellent, and the battles are much easier. Plus, load times have been reduced substabtially. If u re an RPG buff who thinks story is main reason to play a game, then sure buy this one. Trust me, you be glad you did. Expand
  9. MoboTobo
    Sep 3, 2006
    This game is fraggin good.
  10. AkeemGumbs
    Jul 17, 2009
    The movie scenes,characters and battle system of xenosaga three are a lot more realistic than those of episode one and two.Even though this game does not support surround sound like xenosaga epsode two the audio department of this game is still great,sometimes stereo is better because audio that is recorded in surround sound can sound really artificial ayway.Anyone who knows xenosaa canThe movie scenes,characters and battle system of xenosaga three are a lot more realistic than those of episode one and two.Even though this game does not support surround sound like xenosaga epsode two the audio department of this game is still great,sometimes stereo is better because audio that is recorded in surround sound can sound really artificial ayway.Anyone who knows xenosaa can tell that the audio has changed because voices of the characters sounds live and raw, wich is very good for a change anyway.The graphics of the game are dull and there are a lot of people that despise dull graphics but I think that dull graphics are great because they often create a nice realistic atmosphere that makes a game feel like it's taking place in the very present or the past also I really like to see the way the speed of the camera and the motion of the characters slowain parts of a movie sequence because I think it adds tension and drama.Three other excellent games that Ireco that have great dull graphics are Chaos Legion and KillZone and Resident Evil 4.One of the most exciting and unique things about the xenosaga series is that you can look foward to seeing different character models with each new game because appearence of the characters change with each game, not because the characters have aged but for other reasons.There is one special thing that xenosaga episode three has that should have been in the other xenosaga games is the swimsuit mode because it allows you to watch movie scenes with the characters in there swimsuits but for some reason not all of the movie scenes in xenosaga 3 can be viewed in swimsuit mode,I guess it would have made the movie less serious or something.My favorite movie scenes in xenosaga are blue testament,white testament,KOSMOS verses Black Testament,any movie with Luis Virgil becaus ehe is my favorite character in the game because he's passionate and i don't think that he is a bad guy since he was able to brek free from being a testament and the only real reasons why he became a testament was because he wanted to be able to visit that old church on miltia and to gain power to prevent death.I also love Luis Virgil and all of the movie scenes that he appear in becaus they are very dramatic.The best thing about the xenosaga series is thst the story is very dee, interesting ,and shocking and anyone who has played the game in order from episode one through three will definitely say the same thing.There is no doubt that anyone who has completed episode one and two will be stunned when every secret and mystery is unraveled in episode three.The one thing that I can't seem to under stand is why do some of the characters have to travel back to the earth in the end,will shion and the gang make it back to earth or will there descendants finish the mission and find earth in the end,Chaos and Nephilim told the group that the key to saving humanity lies on earth,what I want to know is what is it and how will it be used to save the universe,Even in the end new mysteries arose and remained unraveled.If there is any one outher who has has the awnswer to any of these questions please let me know when you write you're review or else there has just got to be a xenosaga four on the way,(crying)they just can't leave the story end this way.The only thing that dissapointed me about the game at first was the battle system because on the back of the case of xenosaga three said that the best aspect of the previous battles systems from episode one were combined to form a new battle system ,If namco had really done this Xenosaga episode three would have had a better battle system in my opinion because I belive that the best aspect of xenosaga episode one were the special atacks wich are better than the those of episode three and the best aspect of episode three as the break system wich was also better than those of episode three.I think that namco should have given xenosaga episode 3 the battle system of episode 2 combined episode ones style of special attack,but doing this would have probably made the battle system of xenosaga episode three boring because the same old tactics would have to be used in a new game and the battle system most likely would not be as realistic as it is but it would probably be cooler.However the ability to summon all four Erde Kaisers including the new Erde Kasier Sgma my most favorite summon in the world at will and use new Ether and Tech attacks along with the new Counter and Revenge abilities gave xenosaaga episode three more than boost that it needed to have an descent battle systemThe E.S battle system of xenosaga episode 3 is way more better than those of episod one and two though ,I must say that Namco really outdid themselves with the E.S battle system of xenosaga episode because the other E.S battle system from the two previos games weren't good,luckily they made up for it with the character battle system.In episode one I never really wanted to use anA.G.W.S,lucky for me they were optional but in episode two sadly it is manatory that you pilot an E.S to progress in the game in Episode three you piloting an E.S is also mandatory to progress in the game but the difference between the three episode is that will be sorry in episode three you will ge glad that you are using an E.S because their battle system is extremely cool.Xenosaga is most definitely one of the besrt RPG games in the world andit is far more better than any final fantasy game that Square Enix has ever made but for some reason it still score lower than Some Final Fantasy and other Sqare Enix games on this site.I bet that if xenosaga was actually named Final Fantasy and had a subtitle it and if it wre made by sqare Enix it would have probably been more famous and it would have scored higher even though it is still the same gameIn the end with every thing being written said and done all i can say is that I feel more at peace now that I have defended this underated game.All I have to say now is that TURN BASED GAMES RULE !and I hope and prey that there will be a xenosaga four someday, hopeully that too will be turn based and Thanks to every one at Namco for making all xenosaga games exist and keep up the good work. All of these xenosaga games just deserve a friggin emmy. Expand
  11. WilliamR.
    Nov 21, 2006
    This is the best game in the world! Anyone who's anyone should buy this game. The story is deep, and the battle style is awesome!
  12. Jan 20, 2012
    The most emotionally captivating game I've ever played - never cried before in a video game, not even close. But this game........yeah............glad I was alone. hahaha. Just an overall fun game and it tied up all loose ends well. Man, was sad when this was over - Xenosaga is such a great story ride.
  13. Aug 22, 2011
    Wow, what a great conclusion to the trilogy. I found the first two games somewhat disappointing but it seems the abrupt end to the planned six game saga was for the best. The story and characters finally come out at full force... everything is finally revealed and you will be in for many surprises! The confusing events from the previous games will come to fruition and you will see aWow, what a great conclusion to the trilogy. I found the first two games somewhat disappointing but it seems the abrupt end to the planned six game saga was for the best. The story and characters finally come out at full force... everything is finally revealed and you will be in for many surprises! The confusing events from the previous games will come to fruition and you will see a fantastic closure to the series (and the datebase is back and better than ever!). Gameplay has been vastly improved and no longer feels tedious. The combat system is very fun and streamlines the cumbersome aspects from the previous games and provides a steady level of challenge. This is the best looking game in the series and the music and voice acting are all fantastic. Unfortunately, after finishing, you'll get the feeling that because the series was shortened to half of what was originally planned, they've had to make a lot of cuts and adjustments. But still, the game was a worthy finale and one of the best PS2 RPGs. Expand
  14. Feb 25, 2015
    Amazing finish to a fantastic series. The story beats every other video game in scope and depth except for Xenogears. The only game I've cried while playing.
  15. Mar 22, 2015
    This is right under Xenosaga 1 as the second best in the series, the improved battle style was a very fun part of the game and it drastically improved upon the battle style of Xenosaga 2.

1. Considering that Namco Bandai Games and Monolith Soft originally intended Xenosaga to be a six-part story, this third and final episode manages to efficiently cap the vast majority of unanswered questions and plotlines from the first and second games.
  2. While these days many RPGs are attempting to change the old-school formula and divorce themselves from traditional RPG lineage, XS EP3 stays true to the formula but through fantastic dungeons, two great and very different battle systems, and a fast-paced 30 hour adventure that’s lacking in filler (so you basically get the same story that’d be in a 60-70 hour normal RPG with random filler plots), it creates a game that’s every bit as fresh as the best non-traditional RPGs. [JPN Import]
  3. Xenosaga Episode III has many more successes than failures. But taken in context with the trilogy as a whole, Episode III is the worthy conclusion to an epic that I hadn't dared hope it could be. [Sept. 2006, p.90]