6.1

1. Nov 17, 2010
    Against the major ratings I'd highly recommend this game to any Hack'n'Slay-Fan. Graphics are simply beautiful and almost art-like, Samuel L. Jackson's Syncro is awesome and the strange story with all its sarcastic humor is brilliant. The combo-system is complex as well as the difficulty is very high, just the right thing to not get bored after 20 minutes. Worst things are theAgainst the major ratings I'd highly recommend this game to any Hack'n'Slay-Fan. Graphics are simply beautiful and almost art-like, Samuel L. Jackson's Syncro is awesome and the strange story with all its sarcastic humor is brilliant. The combo-system is complex as well as the difficulty is very high, just the right thing to not get bored after 20 minutes. Worst things are the non-adjustable camera-setting as well as there's no online mode, but I guess that's all. For every Fan of samurai-games as well as mature humor give it a try and rent it. I bought it and had lots of laughs and hours of slashing-fun. I just cannot understand the overall-critics and I'm playing Rated-M-games for about 10 years now Expand

Falling through the air while brawling with Afro Droid while rocking out to some fat beats is an amazing experience, but when you couple that with a piss-poor camera, terrible platforming sections, and cheap/mentally challenged bosses, the end product suffers.
    Far from perfect but still an incredibly entertaining play, Afro Samurai captures all of the style and substance from the hit TV show with amazingly innovative combat and absolutely stunning visuals.
  3. It’s really too bad that Afro Samurai is bogged down by nagging annoyances, because the core game is actually decent, if not spectacular. If it had a healthy dose of polish it would be a solid rental (but not full-price purchase).