2.9

1. Jun 21, 2012
    I gave Amy a score of 6. Fairly sure most people aren't interested given the critical reception but if my opinion is being sought by a survival horror gaming fan then I'm happy to give it;
    + Nice overall visuals and atmosphere
    + Nice overall visuals and atmosphere
    + Sparse but good soundtrack, there's some sombre stuff similar to Silent Hill and some nerve-wrenching drum pieces that let you know you need to run as fast as you can
    + Good character models (comparable to Siren) and some nice animations (also uses Siren engine I believe)
    + Fun puzzles, forcing you to be aware of your environment
    + Good relationship between the two characters
    + Unique use of psychic powers and contamination for different situations
    + Refreshingly challenging (One hit kills from certain enemies, inventory resets per chapter)
    0 The combat is pretty bare bones, a certain degree of jank but it does the job fine - there are
    some unique animations mixed in there for different kills (The 0 means I don't like or dislike it)
    0 The voice acting is neither good nor bad, it does the job
    - The save/checkpoint system is brutal, most people will be put off by this. I took it as a challenge!
    - You need to turn the gamma setting to maximum to be able to see anything, and even then it's dark
    - Camera is perfectly fine for the most part, can play up a little in tight spaces
    - There is a mixture of comic book style cutscenes and normal cutscenes, the former leaves a little to be desired
    - The framerate is a mess, there is screen tearing
    - The ending falls directly into a sequel of which there will probably never be, which is a shame

Basically I think it's got some nice ideas, and I found the puzzles and gameplay compelling despite all of the performance problems
    I recommend it to survival horror fans who can deal with the horrendous framerate
    The painfully low scores are a disservice to the challenge the game does provide (which is all but gone this generation) Fans of old school survival horror will find something from Amy, it's obscured by it's flaws, but it does more right than it does wrong, for me, and that makes the game worth playing - especially for the bargain price you can grab it at!
  2. Nov 29, 2012
    I bought it on PSN for 1 euro and something. It was totally worth it, the story is short and lack on animation but at least it was scary and had challenging puzzles. Not a masterpiece but sure had fun playing it.
  3. Jun 10, 2013
    I believe alot of these reviews must have been given BEFORE the patch for this game. I never played the game pre-patch, but when I installed and started it, it got the patch, and I can honestly say, this game is NOT worthy of the extremely negative and terrible reviews, UNLESS they were pre-patch reviews and the game really was messed up before the patch...

I dont really like this genre

I dont really like this genre of game very much, but the game was $1.99 on PSN so I gave it a shot...Overall pretty nice looking game, feels fine, its a little scary(!!!), and the sound/music is pretty good.

If I was a fan of the genre I would probably go up to 7 on this game, altho its very short!(10 hours or so)
  4. Mar 13, 2012
    This title is far from good. Its terrible. I have always played Horror games and seen many terrible games, and guess what? This is the worst game ive ever played and the worst money spent. First off, right off the bat the opening train scene is lagging. Then, animations are VERY amateur and mediocre. Also, the subtitles. Turning subtitles on is a must for some players who cant evenThis title is far from good. Its terrible. I have always played Horror games and seen many terrible games, and guess what? This is the worst game ive ever played and the worst money spent. First off, right off the bat the opening train scene is lagging. Then, animations are VERY amateur and mediocre. Also, the subtitles. Turning subtitles on is a must for some players who cant even understand what these horrible poorly done voice work is saying, however, the subtitles are not even right. Such as in subtitles, names are not spelled right, or some random name entirely. Example: "Mary, Lets call Regina". Neither of those names are even in this title. Next, Combat is broken completely. Hitting an enemy will be a 40/100% chance of working, due to faulty animations and broken configuration files. Save game points are terrible. Most chapters are about 1 hour long, and you die one time during it, YOUR STARTING THAT WHOLE CHAPTER OVER. 1 HOUR OF GAMEPLAY LOST! Some other issues is the game has HORRIBLE AI. Amy wont respond or come to you at times. Monsters sometimes just stand there like there mental. Then, here comes more! Theres a few areas in the game that have Mines. When this is bad. Because it takes alot of health away from you, and you need one of Amys powers for it, however a largely known bug causes that power to completely be removed from the power menu, making it impossible sometimes to use powers. The replay value of this title is TERRIBLE, and you dont even want to play anymore after 10 minutes of this poorly done BROKEN game. The controls are broken, clunky and very uncomfortable, so bad its unplayable for more then 1 hour before becoming disabled in your hands. The voice acting is poorly done, and is terrible. The graphics and visuals are better ON A EARLY ps2 game then this crap. So my final score? Graphics: 1/10, Sound: 3/10, Gameplay: 1/10, Replay value: 0/10. I do NOTTTTTT recommend you buy this game at all, in fact, i suggest you shoot your self in the face before you do. Like several other reviews said, $10 on your console of choice, can get you Hydrophobia, a fantastic survival horror game on a ship, you for $10 on PSN, you can get PRIMAL another fantastic horror title. So i suggest you go to your service... AND KEEP PRESSING THE FOWARD BUTTON, whatever you land on, no matter the price, im 100% sure its better then... AMY. Final notes: I WILL CONSIDER CHANGING MY SCORE IF THE DEVELOPERS FIX THE TITLE IN UPDATES. UNTIL THEN, IM GONNA WARN EVERYONE ON EVERY GAME FORUM I EVER GO TO, TO NOT BUY THIS GAME. VECTORCELL DOES NOT DESERVE THAT MONEY THEY GOT FROM PEOPLE WHO WERE SUCKERED INTO BUYING THIS GAME, AND THEY SHOULD BY LAW BE REQUIRED TO REFUND EVERYONE SINCE THIS GAME IS NOT WORKING RIGHT. SONY AND MICROSOFT, DO SOMETHING NOW! TAKE IT OFF THE STORE! Collapse

1. Games Master UK
    Apr 3, 2012
    Sadly, the gameplay is drab and badly paced, with lots of fetch quests and a few uninspiring puzzles. [May 2012, p.89]
  2. Play UK
    Mar 4, 2012
    The stealth sections are quite possibly the worst designed section of any game that we've ever seen. [Issue#215, p.85]
  3. PSM3 Magazine UK
    Feb 14, 2012
    Amy has all the survival horror elements, but the execution is so poor that the result is a poisonous chimera. [March 2012, p.113]