7.0

1. Dec 13, 2011
    This game has a good idea: A game that is designed for Co-op play. The first game was rather ok but lacked in gameplay and fun. This one works a little better in all sides. Playing alone this is boring, co-op is OK and online has a few decent modes. The big thing here is that there are better co-op games there. But this one is a decent co-op shooter game. Just make sure your partner really knows how to play shooters, it's not the easiest game to learn. Collapse
  2. Aug 25, 2010
    The thing about Army of Two: The 40th Day is that it is reliant too much on the original game. That is to say that it relies way too much on the co-op feature and because of this throws everything else out of the window. The story isn't the best and could have been so much more considering that it is an extension of the original. The visuals are inconsistent as sometimes they are really good and other times can become dull and poor. If you are itching for a co-op game to play with a friend then this is a good choice (As there are not many "serious" co-op games out there) but be warned that this game carries a lot of negatives that can ruin your experience by becoming frustrating. Expand
  3. Dec 21, 2010
    An unimpressive sequel to a decent-ish game. Mere five hours worth of shooting people under the pretense of one of the shoddiest stories in a long time. Plays OK and is probably a lot more fun on genuine co-op but as a single player experience, a forgettable one night rental at best.
  4. Jan 24, 2012
    Army of two 40th day
    I played the original army of two game and i liked it like 6 out of 10 stars so i thought i would give this game a try and i got really disappointed. This is a pure linear game ( like the first one) but this game looked worse graphic wise, and the enemy AI was a little retarded and the game in general was just repetative and boring. The only decent thing was the weapon
    upgrade system with a good variety of upgradeable and stuff to add to your weapon. The story is not bad but it is not good either, you don`t really get interested in it. The voice acting is mediocre and the overall game play is mediocre. Expand
  5. Sep 18, 2011
    this is hands down the best game out there if you want to play with a friend or you have a sibling that you fight with about who gets to play. ill start off by saying that you must play this game with someone else or you wont enjoy it as much because your partner in single player is pretty stupid. this game has so much replay value since it also has online mode as well my only problem with the online is that you cant play split screen on that as well. the story doesnt really pull you in and the characters you meet are forgettable but it has good graphics amazing sounds and enough people to shoot at that you will play it over and over again as well you can invite a friend through playstation network and you can play the campaign and online with them. if you have a sibling or a friend to play this with then this game is a must have especially since the price has dropped down to below 20$ Expand
  6. Mar 27, 2013
    Army of Two: The 40th Day has the exact elements of a popcorn action flick. The story is almost no where to be found, unless you listen to the radio messages. There are also unnecessary choices throughout the campaign that feel out of place. Salem and Rios still give there corny one liners that are amusing from time to time. The presentation is cool using some sort of camera system that ties into the campaign. The graphics are good, they will not blow you away. The gameplay is still as good as the original and needs to be played with a human partner instead of AI. The aggro meter returns and really make Army of Two unique, as the 3rd person shooting is not all that unique. The multiplayer is not that standout, except for one mode, Co-op deathmatch. Which puts Army of Two's spin on the deathmatch game mode. So Army of Two plays well, but when it comes to story it's all about the action. Expand
  7. Apr 23, 2013
    A shadow of the former game. This Army of two is a short buggy uninspired game that just basks in a giant sun of mediocority. The story makes no sense at all. Your AI partner is a complete moron. there are bugs and glitches a plenty. The game just gets repetitive real fast. It feels like a rush job to cash in on the fame of the first one and infact thats what i would say it is.
  8. Feb 2, 2011
    the game story is interesting. it didn't treally build off of the 2nd one. so it's not a sequal to the first. this game is very fun. the combat system and the AI are superb. it is short but that makes it more replayable. this game is a treasure for shooter fans. if you liked the first one you should love this addition. although even on the easy levels you are still challenged and medium and hard a almost impossible. great game. Expand
  9. Dec 17, 2013
    About the same as the first one. Not much has changed. The 3rd game should improve some more though.
    What really bothers me in games these days is that when you play campaign you never know when a game is saved or not. And I hate to play things over and over again. This is a comment not just on this game but on a lot off recent games.
  10. May 5, 2012
    It took me a long time to realize, but this game is better than average. In fact, I think it can compete with any of the Gears of War games. There is great gameplay, with quite a bit of strategy required.
  11. Feb 28, 2013
    Just did a play through on a very used copy. Totally enjoyable. I am a third-person fan and this is fun, only downside is short length. Characters are awesome, great weapons, totally enjoyed it. No super frustrating points and great saves. Just fun!
  12. Jul 2, 2012
    Personally I like play Army of Two with my brother, its much better than play with computer, and that's why I rate it that high. I have only play it once with the computer as my partner, it was OK, but with a friend, its much better.
  13. May 12, 2013
    The game has generic gameplay, and a generic story. But you're not here to play it for those thing's you here because of the co-op. If you try playing alone "you're gonna have a bad time." So if you don't have a good social life you shouldn't bother because the AI that is you're partner is down right retarded.
    One of annoying things is that you can't do drop in drop out co-op. you have to
    make different files, and while this sounds like a nit pick. I can be boring when you're far into the story while "playing with yourself," and then someone wants to play so you have to replay the story. Expand
  14. Nov 10, 2013
    Let me start out by saying I really loved the first Army of Two, like really loved it. This game however was a bit disappointing. First of a sequel doesn't usually look worse than the first game. They went the wrong way going for a comic book style look. It just didn't feel the same as the first one. There were some good aspects though like really good gun customizing and hostage rescues, but the overall game was still bad. I mean the villian was so stupid; he had 0 motive for what he was doing and no backstory. There was also no climatic battle at the end. You just fought through a battle that was just like the battles you fought through the whole entire game. I originally started playing with my brother, but one day when I asked if he wanted to play he told me the game was trash. So I had to grind my way through the rest of the game playing just by myself in this awful game. Expand
  15. Jun 21, 2014
    Jut fished this lovely game. I in general love action third person games like gears of war. This game has a lot of positive vibe in it self. A lot of pure action, where your partner and you cooperate to eradicate the enemies ( by the way , I don't know who those enemies are , only that there are a lot of them and that they wore red. I think there are five or six types of enemies. Cooperation with your partner is actually very functional, and i like how the aggro system function. I played alone, but my AI companion was smart i can say.
    About the story, i know nothing,(some guys in red attacks Shanghai and two of us are trying to extract our selves and during the course we killed all invading force:).
    But what matters to me regarding this game is very fluid action, functional cooperation with partner ( off course weapon modification system is great). Level designs can vary but all in all i found sometimes atmosphere very enjoyable and immersing.
    Graphics are very good and very fluid.
    This game is not excellent it lacks personality , maybe a little short, but it was very fun an enjoyable experience.
  16. Jul 9, 2014
    Army of two is a pretty basic 3rd person shooter with no real innovative feature, BUT it can be a lot of fun if you are playing with a friend and looking to kill some time. The best parts about the game are the weapon customization and the sections where you and your partner take different paths. Overall a simple but fun game to enjoy with a "bro"
  17. Aug 12, 2014
    Army of Two 40th Day
    Game-play:Not very different than the first game but very mediocre
    Story:Really bad story and very short about 4 to 5 hours
    Graphics:Their is no change from the first game very average
    Notes:The weapons and their attachments are great i really like them also the masks are good too.Level design is poor.The game is much better with a partner.
  18. Dec 13, 2011

1. It's not the most progressive or technically impressive game on PS3, but the morality system, weapon customisation and online co-op elevate it, and it's one of the best cover-to-cover shooters on PS3. [Jan 2010, p.68]
    A disaster movie in a game package, Army of Two: The 40th Day capitalizes on its co-op play to deliver an awesome action experience that's incredibly fun to play. Co-op moments feel more natural.
  3. EA Montreal delivers a rich, over-the-top buddy experience that provides intelligent choices and a tough but fun Die Hard-like vibe that helps lighten the game's dark, gritty atmosphere. [Feb 2010, p.80]