8.2

1. Aug 13, 2014
    This is an amazing game that's an improvement on every aspect over its predecessor (except the framerate which is the only real problem). The plot is much easier to follow, the missions are more fun and they've actually improved the graphics, particularly the lightning during dusk, sunset and night. The music is actually audible here and it's amazing. Free DLC is pretty short but fun, and multiplayer is great (there are some server problems though). This beats AC 1 and 2 by a long margin and it's a must buy. Expand
  2. Aug 12, 2014
    A second excellent entry in the series, showing that Ubisoft have nailed the formula. The main new ingredient for the single player is the introduction of assassin friends who can aid you and be sent on tasks. There's also the introduction of multiplayer, which while enjoyable, was never a requirement. May have served better as a meaty DLC for AC 2, but you can't deny the beauty of Rome.
  3. Jun 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 9.5 (rounded up to 10).

While it did feel like franchise milking when everybody heard about Brotherhood, there is no doubt that it is a polished, enjoyable, innovative product like its two predecessors. The story is once again the most important part of the experience, as it catches on straight after the second game. Ezio has just been contacted by the mysterious god from the First Civilisation and is bewildered by the events at play. After a rollicking first level and a cool title sequence, we are flung into Brotherhood. The next few adventures are stock standard tutorial, but after an intimate scene between Ezio and Caterina Sforza, things heat up, with a massive set piece that is unlike anything in AC history. Ezio's uncle Mario is killed and his family becomes dangerously close to death. The story is just as personal as it was in II and the new villain Cesare is a real dick. He embraces incest and is a real spoilt brat- in other words the perfect Renaissance villain and someone who wouldn't be out of place in an episode of Game of Thrones. Poor old Rodrigo doesn't get much screen time though, as his son is intent on taking all the glory.

This Assassin's Creed embraces spectacle with open arms, unlike it's brothers. Every mission feels unique and the assassinations are brilliant. Even the side missions are great, with well paced, challenging tomb exploration, entertaining tasks for the more evolved factions and brilliant heist set pieces where you must recover a machine for Da Vinci- these range from tanks to cannons and each one is awesome.

As would be guessed, the game is once again large (if not as big as the last one) and the open world is one of the most detailed in gaming. Even if it isn't massive, it feels alive and that is the main thing. With better free running, fast travel and horses, you can get around however you like. Combat is a lot better, even if it is now very easy du to the killstreaks and the new weapons are overpowered if good fun to play around with. The present day sections return, but rarely interrupt your game. The ending is also amazing, with a cliffhanger that leaves you breathless.

This entry has a large innovation int he form of competitive multiplayer. The modes are good fun and I had some great times with Wanted. The mode also has its own Abstergo focused story and this is intriguing, if slightly minimal in its uses. Overall, multiplayer is fun, but it feels slightly tacked on and doesn't really fit the tone of the game.

Brotherhood is a remarkable ride from the breathless beginning, to the deadly ending and i had a great time. Just don't expect too much out of multiplayer and get ready for a smaller open world and you'll hav a good time with the game.
  4. May 15, 2014
    A great continuation of AC:II, now set in a single level, rather than the typical smaller, multiple levels as the series has had up until now. Though, this single level - Rome is huge, and well designed, with a great sense of traditional, historical Italy.
    A much appreciated new feature of being able to ride horses within the town, means the travel is far more enjoyable than previous
    games, as while free-running across rooftops is great fun, after many many hours, being able to just ride the horse between two distant points is far more efficient and enjoyable.
    This is even more appreciated when you realise that, for reasons unknown, time limits have been added to many of the levels. In order to reach 100% synchronisation with the different missions, you must complete them within a few short minutes, and while this isn't too challenging, many levels involve a tomb-raider style climb and jump around various abandoned buildings, and if you fall, you will probably die.
    Another 'new feature' is Shop Quests, and 'items'. Personally I found these to be a nuisance and a 'cluttering' of the game. Instead of just getting money from chests, you will now also get random items, from minerals, to various fabrics. These are mostly useless, except for being able to complete a few shop quests.. which give you weapon and armor type unlocks, and honestly I found completely unnecessary for the rest of the game. There are far better to unlock with various side missions.
    This is still a fantastic game, and despite being a 'minor version' game release, is extremely large and feels like major game, with lots of plot development and character development.
  5. Jan 4, 2014
    10 OUT OF 10. For me, it's the best of the franchise, improved gameplay of the old AC titles, good ambientation, good characters, good history, and the Assassin outfit of this game is awesome.10.
  6. Nov 19, 2013
    Es idéntico a la segunda entrega, pero mas repetitivo, mas lento en la trama, es un gran juego, pero aun así...deja mucho que desear...muy mejorable, un titulo que no le gana en nada el 2..algo muy malo...ya que se supone que debería ser mejor, eso si, una trama excepcional, mundo sandbox, excelente jugabilidad y gráficos, pero como dije, muy mejorable, ojala lo hubieran pulido mucho mas y hubieran innovado mas el juego. Expand
  7. Nov 19, 2013
    Ubisoft's great move on making like an expansion pack of a story into a large new engine and a new experience of a stealth action fighting game. Although they share large influence in AC2, they modify it with the 2010's engine, but the story itself requires like an Assassin's Creed 2 game, where it is a direct sequel, but they can addict the fans of assassin's creed by this game. This game defines the meaning of assassin. Expand
  8. Nov 15, 2013
    My favorite AC game, at least as of right now. I don't have much experience with the series, I've only played the first two, but this is the first one to truly impress me. It manages to bypass the flaws of its predecessors and creates one of the best open world experiences I've had in a long time. I wouldn't recommend mistaking this for AC 2.5, all of the new changes make it so much more than that. It might not have a 3 at the end of its title, but this is a game that you do not want to pass up, especially if you are a fan of the series.

Once again you step into the shoes of Ezio Auditore. Playing as Ezio is a much different experience than in AC 2. For one thing it's clear that he is older and more mature. As someone who didn't enjoy Ezio in AC 2 I have to say I'm impressed with how much they managed to change him and make him more likable. He no longer seems like an arrogant kid to me anymore. The story as a whole is just fantastic, whether you're playing as Ezio in the past or Desmond in the future. Despicable villains, mystery, and awesome moments make this my favorite AC plot yet. I can't even begin to describe how good this game looks. Ubisoft must have really taken their time to craft this gorgeous world.

Gameplay takes some noticeable strides forward, that make this game feel like an evolution on the work that has come before it. With an insane amount of side-content, multiplayer, and a excellent main quest, this game can keep you busy for a LONG time. The campaign is filled with awesome set-pieces and story reveals, but the best part of the game is just getting off of the beaten path and making you're own adventure. Completing numerous side-quests, rebuilding Rome, or just causing trouble for the guards there's always something to do when you're not focusing on the story missions. Liberating and rebuilding the city you are playing in is a fantastic new addition. As you begin to remove enemy presence in some areas you can begin to open up shops and rebuild things like broken waterways. Doing this grants you a steady flow of cash and really makes it feel like this is a living and breathing city that you are in control of. My favorite new addition is the ability to manage you're own assassin's guild. By recruiting around the city you can send your very own recruits on assassination missions or have them help you out in combat. Watching your recruits taking out a target that you told them to is a wonderful and beautiful sight to behold.

In another first for the series multiplayer makes an appearance and it is fantastic. Hunting down another player while being hunted makes for one super intense game of cat-and-mouse. It is unbelievably satisfying to pull off a kill on another player. To do so you are going to have to rely on a mix of stealth and cunning. Acting like the AI characters roaming to get close is helpful and it's great to see your hard work pay off. I fell a little frustrated that most players don't even bother using stealth, but rather would just run around the map with no regards to stealth, but it's no a deal breaker. This is still a fun and unique multiplayer game that I have no doubt you will find yourself coming back to again and again.

AC: Brotherhood is a fantastic game and one you should really consider getting. It has got some some issues like artificial barriers that block off portions of the map until later in the story, and the platforming and stealth can be a little iffy at times, but they aren't that annoying when compared to how much fun you can have with this title. If you've been following the series up to this point I would be shocked to find out that you didn't like this. If you're new to the series than this is a pretty good jumping on point. I recommend you start from the beginning to understand the whole story behind the games, but it is better to be late to the party than never show up at all. This is my favorite AC so far.
  9. Nov 14, 2013
    This felt like an expansion to Assassins Creed II but it was still almost nearly perfect for my playstation 3 and I gave this game a 9.8 out of 10, it was still amazing.
  10. Sep 28, 2013
    Ezio vuelve en "Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood" para luchar otra vez más con la orden templaria, en mi opinión la franquicia se mantiene gracias a que Ubisoft ya tiene bien claros nuestros gustos. Además, hablando del juego, es todavía mejor que la segunda entrega. Assassin's Creed se está luciendo mucho últimamente.
  11. Aug 21, 2013
    this game was overall the best one so far, everything about this game was just absolutely mindblowing, the story was the best part about this game and gameplay ect was also really great
  12. Jul 30, 2013
    This game is amazing it takes everything we love about assassins creed and pulls it out and makes it even more amazing and yes we have realised bugs but not any that takes you out of this masterpiece of an experience with an amazing rival the story really pushes through and the graphics in this game are amazing and my oh my Rome is one hell of a city with branching rooftops that glimer against the dawning sun as your assassin runs and jumps Ezio the main charcter is better than ever he is still charsmatic but now he has a more straight and understanble purpose.....To take back Rome from the Borgias The Gameplay is heavly fixed but still has its touches you can now upgrade towns get all new kinds of weapons and the replay value is shocking. Weapon animatons have been inproved remarkably and so does the entire gameplay of fighting Now since Desmond is always in the AC games we need to touch on his Partition in this time round its not get into seat and play you have to go find batteries for the animus go through the sewers and such and as well see things from the past And let me tell you AC like their cliff hangers and Brotherhood is no exeption Finally Ezio can use his assains to aid him they can use axes knifes crossbows and guns you also need to manage and send them on to missions across the world to win back assassin land but also level them up to unlock weapons and such This game is amazing and a must buy Expand
  13. Jun 19, 2013
    It may have not been the best story wise, but to me it was my favorite to play up until AC3 The combat has finally been establish and not instead of reworking they can move forward. i love all the additions they added to the game. But sadly I wasn't as captivated with the story like I was in 2. The world of Rome is amazing but the story lacked a little.
  14. May 1, 2013
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood takes what AC2 did well and makes it even better. The story isn't better than 2 but on par with it but the better gameplay more than makes up for it adding a crossbow for stealth and assassin recruits for backup in a fight as well as chaining kills together in combat. There is no better feeling than putting a chain of 20 enemies together in a single combo. The graphics are as good as ever and mission replay with better armour and weapons is awesome and adds replay value. A great game! Expand
  15. Mar 24, 2013
    This game did not disappoint, I got my money's worth. Packed with tons of content and a surprisingly lengthy campaign, Brotherhood will please fans of Assassin's Creed II. My only complaint with the PS3 version is the noticeable screen tearing, frame rate issues, and pop-up. At this point, the game is showing its age, but it's excusable on the grounds that it's just so much fun to play. Highly recommended. Expand
  16. Feb 15, 2013
    By far the best Assassin's Creed out there. I recommend this game to those who like shooters and 1st person player games. Thank you Ubisoft for this beautiful piece of Assassin's creed. This game had 3 very simple, overlook-able flaws, and the 1st thing was finding things on your map. In this game, you sadly cannot fast-travel, which made it hard to be running across Rome on your horse for 5 minutes trying to repair it. That brings me to the second flaw, rebuilding it and it becomes annoying to find i later found when I was 98% from rebuilding all of Rome, it took me 3 days to find the last bank to repair. Then there's some missions, which were hard to do if you aren't good with mind puzzles, accuracy or speed. I loved Ezio, and all the graphics in this game. It had remarkably great graphics, and it is so fun to call out your assassins. You get to bond so much with Ezio. Unlike Assassin's Creed III with Conner, you don't bond much or get to understand what Conner lives for unless you are planning on hitting the books again. not fun. Here, you can understand what Ezio fights for, and what he lives for. Going in and out through the Animus is fun. When you hit the end though, you cannot exit the Animus, and if you get the game (Which I highly recommend) you will understand. This game's price has dropped, and you should come pick up this game now, and I know this game is staying with me and my Ps3 for a loooooooooooooonnnggg time! Expand
  17. Aug 21, 2012
    A superb game, and a worthy continuation of the story of Assassin's Creed, but a step down from AC2. It is still a fantastic game, and it should not be missed by anyone.
  18. Jun 15, 2012
    One of the most impressive gaming experiences out there! Beautifully crafted with gorgeous environments, a strong script and a stand-out story only scrapes the surface of how amazing this game is. The new features include the chance to train your own assassins, a larger weapon wheel and an innovative multiplayer experience. Every part of this game is masterful and is a title that will keep you plating for days. Expand
  19. May 9, 2012
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is also epic as AC2, but It's not better. Anyway, Rome is fantastic in the game, the combat is extreme, characters are truly great and graphics are great. But, I didn't like the ending, and It's easy. (9.5)
  20. Apr 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is amazing. The visuals are just plain awesome. The story is detailed and is great. Ezio as a master assassin trying to take down the pope is very cool. It really was a great edition to the saga. I liked everything about this game. Ubisoft did an amazing job on Brotherhood. Expand
  21. Apr 9, 2012
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood finally brings together all the elements of the first two games and perfects them. It does have a few faults, such as the story missions still being too linear and forcing you down ultra-scripted routes (which was my biggest complaint with AC2). But these are balanced out by the freedom given in the Borgia tower assassinations and the Templar agent missions. In fact, most of the non-essential side missions are more fun than the main variants. There is a ton of variety in ACB and you'll always be distracted by something new to do or some new nook to explore. Basically speaking, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is an excellent game that fully capitalizes on the franchise potential. Expand
  22. Apr 2, 2012
    This is a great game! Im still playing the game on ps3, very happy with gamplay and the story line. New Assassins Creed 3 coming soon, Will definitely buy it. :) :)
  23. Mar 23, 2012
    Truly, this game is a masterpiece. It builds on everything that was great about Assassin's Creed II and makes it the ultimate experience for the series to date (Keep in mind I review this AFTER Revelations has been released).

This is a game that will keep you occupied for countless hours. This story is well thought out and delivered with great cut scenes, the introduction of recruiting
    and training assssins is a great touch and the wealth of side missions makes the game not only hard to put down, but will have you coming back for more long after the main story has completed.

For anyone into action/adventure/stealth games I highly recommend this title. At a bargain £15 now you really can't go wrong!

Review 9/10.

Follow me on twitter for more reviews and media updates. @VizualDze
  24. Mar 18, 2012
    Filled with plenty of variety, excellent combat, a huge city to explore, and some solid multiplayer, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is a great addition to a fantastic franchise. However, the game lacks the emotion, sense of discovery, and awe that made Assassin's Creed II such a jaw dropper.
  25. Mar 7, 2012
    It is clear that a lot of time went into lovingly crafting the beautiful world of middle-ages Rome. This game is amazing and at a bargain price too. The only reason it does not get a 10 is because it is a little too easy. The soundtrack by Jesper Kyd is one of the best I have ever heard. I bought it separately off Itunes. The graphics are amazing and the new multiplayer aspect is brilliant.
  26. Feb 20, 2012
    Assassins Creed: Brotherhood is one the BEST GAMES THIS GEN!!! its a really great and fun game. Also its a MASSIVE improvement over Assassins Creed 2 , You MUST but this game if you have a PS3 or Xbox 360
  27. Feb 20, 2012
    Assassins Creed: Brotherhood is one the BEST GAMES THIS GEN!!! the only reason some people hate it is becasue they think it didnt improve over Assassins creed II, but they are obviously WRONG! its a really great and fun game. You MUST by it if you have a PS3 or Xbox 360
  28. Jan 26, 2012
    This game is just simply amazing from start to finish! I will agree that it is pretty much assassins creed 2. Lets be honest who didn't love assassins creed 2. I love never loved a series more than this one. The plot twists are just amazing it. It has that drive that wants you to play more!
  29. Dec 29, 2011
    Awesome graphics, awesome gameplay, awesome story... everything is just so freaking good. The game is still fresh, not repetitive, fun as hell. It's almost perfect, but it's kind of unfair to give it a 10/10 if it's not very innovative. I mean, the game is almost perfect, fresh, but it's not very different from the second one. I'd give it a 9,5 if I could.
  30. Dec 27, 2011
    I really liked Assassin's Creed:Brotherhood.It was fun and it was more free than any Assassin's Creed game,Like for example you can do more with horses and have a small team of assassins.The collectables are easier to find due to only the town of Rome.This is a good thing because in Assassin's Creed 2 there was about five towns which meant long travel and less to find in each town and with the aid of maps that the player must purchase to obtain,the player can now replay a mission that he/she chooses.The story is more interesting but shorter and is more like Assassin's Creed 2.5 than 3.This I didn't like.The game is a little harder which is a good thing because previous games were too easy.It's harder because the AI are more intellegent and the mission require more from the player i.e. a stealth mission needs the player the player to be utterly invisible.The single player feels more independant which makes the player feel more awseome at anything they do.Some items such as some pieces of armour and weapons to be constructed by the blacksmith but to do this the player has to have the right materiels which need to be found by the player.It is worth it because once the finished product is recieved it is a very good weapon,armour etc.But the horses can't gallop at will there has to be a moment when you need the horse then it will give you the option to gallop.

The multiplayer is amazing I have never played anything like it.It's new and as far as I know nobody but Ubisoft have done it.It can be annoying sometimes but most of the it is AWESOME!

This game is a must buy.This is also something that doesn't count for my review score I purchased the codex edition but all the in game extras are sold in complete package with something else in the playstation store I was not too happy about but it's nothing that holds me back.

1. Jul 8, 2011
    Recommended to fans of the franchise and also to newcomers. While the single player campaign is entertaining and offers a lot of content, the multiplayer mode is only average. It's a nice goodie, nothing more. The atmosphere, the localization and the videos are pretty well done, which let the player forget time and play hours.
  2. Feb 25, 2011
    Assasssin's Creed: Brotherhood has great atmosphere, beautiful visuals, and overall excellent craftsmanship… Just don't expect anything new beyond the multiplayer.
  3. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is a more than a worthy addition to the series canon. The similar setting of renaissance Italy will trick folks into assuming this is a half-arsed expansion, but honestly, this feels like Assassin's Creed 2.99. Don't be fooled by Brotherhood's cunningly familiar disguise. Mark it as a fresh target, pounce and take it down. [January 2011 p66]