8.2

1. Nov 16, 2010
    it's an exemplary title and one that smacks of a developer at the peak of its game. From every piece of cover and set-piece thrown in fiendishly to catch you unaware, to the expertly crafted multiplayer maps and top quality cut scenes, it is clear that a innumerable amount of dedication and painstaking precision has been squeezed out of the team to help make this the PS3's crowning moment. 10
  2. Feb 1, 2011
    Each new title of the Assassin's Creed saga continues to amaze me. The breathtaking graphics and overall complexity of the game is stunning beyond belief. The deep plot and the new and brilliant multi-player game-play is outstanding and is the best I have ever seen. The thousands of man-hours on this amazing title has been more than worthwhile. In my opinion it is the best game on theEach new title of the Assassin's Creed saga continues to amaze me. The breathtaking graphics and overall complexity of the game is stunning beyond belief. The deep plot and the new and brilliant multi-player game-play is outstanding and is the best I have ever seen. The thousands of man-hours on this amazing title has been more than worthwhile. In my opinion it is the best game on the market and a must get title. Expand
  3. Sep 29, 2011
    After playing most of the single player campaign and spending some time on the multiplayer, I can safely say that Assassin's creed brotherhood is one of my favourite games this generation. Despite what many people say, I think the game is a huge improvement over the second installment. Perhaps most of the gameplay mechanics stayed afoot, but really there isn't one thing that the gameAfter playing most of the single player campaign and spending some time on the multiplayer, I can safely say that Assassin's creed brotherhood is one of my favourite games this generation. Despite what many people say, I think the game is a huge improvement over the second installment. Perhaps most of the gameplay mechanics stayed afoot, but really there isn't one thing that the game didn't improve. The graphics are simply better, mainly in the cutscenes, and the enviorment looks more vibrant. I think the best improvement was the fact that you now have one big city to explore, rather then 6 or 7 cities that look the same, and does not require many loading times and needless traveling. besides that, the story is more elegant and much more focused. I liked the fact that Ezio doesn't kill as much as he did in the second game. It seems there are more politics and interesting plot twists that the second game just lacked, and Ezio thinks abit more before he takes out the dagger(or gun, for that matter). Desmond's story is also more interesting, and while you don't see him most of the game, he seems to be more involved then last time. So after playing the amazing, brilliant, fun and improved singleplayer I started playing the multiplayer. To sum it up: It's preety damn good. It could use refinments though, because there are some balancing issues with the gameplay, but otherwise it's really engaging and really fun. I think it's a fantastic game that triumphs the first two games easily. With more things to do, a better focused story and better overall quality, AC:B is the assassin's creed game that AC:2 simply never was, for me. utterly Brilliant. Expand
  4. Nov 25, 2010
    Well one would to describe Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood; PERFECTED. Everything that AC2 had that wasn't perfect is now fixed, the only thing that I can say that is not perfect is the controls. Now don't get me wrong the controls in Brother aren't bad but some of the time they can make you jump or move somewhere you don't want to move or jump to . The big new feature is the online mode,Well one would to describe Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood; PERFECTED. Everything that AC2 had that wasn't perfect is now fixed, the only thing that I can say that is not perfect is the controls. Now don't get me wrong the controls in Brother aren't bad but some of the time they can make you jump or move somewhere you don't want to move or jump to . The big new feature is the online mode, and I must say that is a TON of fun to play. It can get really intense at some moments and is a lot of fun with some friends.

All a round Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is a excellent game and in my opinion is a possible candidate for Game of the Year.
  5. Nov 28, 2010
    Fabulous. The Guild mechanic is awesome and easy. The combat is greatly improved and, well, the climbing is just the same. The story line is also amazing and really gripping and side quests are much cooler. Buy it. If you don't, you haven't lived.
  6. Nov 28, 2010
    At first site the game seems like only a Expansion , The first few minutes seems as if it is still Assassins Creed 2 . Upon the game getting deeper into the story you see that there is more to it ,it may seem like the same game but it is well worth every second of it this is by far my favorite game this year. From all the new weapons and story line new faces old faces the game is just AWESOME.
  7. Nov 29, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a great game, to me even better then AC:2. However this time there is put more focus on the characterization which means you will learn more about characters, but less effort on the story which also means you will not know anything that you already know before. Game play is good like before but adding new features makes even better. The multiplier is something new and fresh but sometimes frustrating. And yes you need this game to complete your AC collection! Expand
  8. Dec 19, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Once again, ezio and co returns with the new game Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, this time around ezio is trying to take down the borgia once and for all, recently the pope's son: Cesare Borgia, is trying to conquer italy, after returning from the vault, ezio travels back to monterriggioni with his uncle mario, then after doing a few things, *Transition* Modern Day Assassin Desmond and Lucy,Shaun and Rebecca are travelling to the villa to hide from Abstergo... The Modern Day Templars, after stopping at the front, the group needs to find a good place to set up the animus, after going through uncharted like caves and hallucinations, you find the sanctuary from the 2nd game, after setting up, you go find electricity around the villa, then after some cut scenes, then you go back to the animus, after ezio in the bath with caterina sforza, you get attacked, after battling your way through the various places, you then go to rome, the gameplay here still has the traditional Assassin's Creed, climb,assassinate etc, the content of this game is just massive, even though you don't get that great felling changing city, but the game makes up by adding side missions where you go around italy, where you help leonardo da vinci destroy his inventions, Repairing the villa was appreciated, but this time you repair an entire city! how about that, but at the start money is scarce and by the end you have a lot of money and excess things, that just makes more things to collect, from 10 feathers to 101 borgia flags and 6 things to collect for the best armor, the secret locations are easier but the 100% synchronization adds more challenge, this goes for the same with missions, another great thing is the Assassin Apprentice, you get your own guild, send them on missions, and send them out to kill guards or messengers or pickpocketers, the character was slightly disapointing because mostly the same and reused sounds, but other than that this game is amazing, i do have one criticism, the multiplayer is hard to get in matchmaking, theres either no one, half people who'll quit or its just my connection

Graphics: 8.5
    Sound: 9.0
    Gameplay: 9.0
    Lasting Appeal: 9.0
  9. Dec 25, 2010
    This game definitely surprised me. The Campaign is still great. The multiplayer is definitely unique. It never got repetitive or even dull. I found myself getting immersed in playing an assasin and blending in with the crowd. While running across rooftops and hunting down enemy assasins it was a totally unique gaming experience. I say screw Black Ops. ACB all the way!
  10. Feb 1, 2011
    A brilliant game, to it's core. The missions, the stunning graphics, the storyline... all fantastic. Not to mention the astonishing amount of history that's infused into the game. As a person who's viewed Rome extensively, the game gets its landmarks surprisingly close to the real thing. This is a landmark in gaming history and it should be treated as such, no question.
  11. Jan 15, 2011
    this game is perfect in all aspects, the art, the music, the awesome history, the gameplay. everyone should play all 3 AC games ;)

by the way, i'm not a noob teenager who know nothing about good game, i have played game since 1991, so, i know what game is good for old school gamer like me.
  12. Jan 18, 2011
    one word : Breathtaking although that word is not enough to even eign describing it. it's an exemplary title and one that smacks of a developer at the peak of its game. From every piece of cover and set-piece thrown in fiendishly to catch you unaware, to the expertly crafted multiplayer maps and top quality cut scenes, it is clear that a innumerable amount of dedication and painstakingone word : Breathtaking although that word is not enough to even eign describing it. it's an exemplary title and one that smacks of a developer at the peak of its game. From every piece of cover and set-piece thrown in fiendishly to catch you unaware, to the expertly crafted multiplayer maps and top quality cut scenes, it is clear that a innumerable amount of dedication and painstaking precision has been squeezed out of the team to help make this the PS3's crowning moment. Expand
  13. Jan 25, 2011
    This next instalment builds on the AC2, which in itself was a great game. The implementation of training a 'brotherhood' of assassins is a very beneficial addition to the game. The new multiplayer feature is surprisingly fun to play, which includes different modes and perks as you level up giving the game that extra longevity boost which lacked from its predecessors. Overall a top game inThis next instalment builds on the AC2, which in itself was a great game. The implementation of training a 'brotherhood' of assassins is a very beneficial addition to the game. The new multiplayer feature is surprisingly fun to play, which includes different modes and perks as you level up giving the game that extra longevity boost which lacked from its predecessors. Overall a top game in all aspects. Expand
  14. Nov 8, 2011
    Excellent game, feels like a fluid journey from start to finish, the graphics are beautiful, the scope is immense and the character's feel real just like in all assassins creed games, the multiplayer takes a while but once you,ve got it its epic. Definitely a a must by!
  15. May 5, 2013
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Good Points:
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Good Points:
    +The Campaign is a little bit shorter, but it doesn't lose it's quality. The opening sequence is marvellous. For those who get bored, cut-scenes can now be passed. Horse riding inside the city. Combat has been facilitated, but not very much, so expert AC gamers won't bother. The Bank and rebuilding Rome, makes winning money much easier than before. The Crossbow is now available. The Animus program training is fun and will improve your stealth, combat and free running in the actual game. Graphics slightly improved, but improved in the end. Voice Acting excellent. Beautiful Soundtrack. Addition of optional objectives to synchronize the mission to a 100%, which for expert AC players, will be a ton of fun to do. Assassin recruitment. It really makes you feel like, like on the tittle says, you're in an actual Assassin Brotherhood. Present Day starts to get fun, while in this game, you have to do missions that require tracking things or free run through places. Multiplayer. It is very fun challenging yourself to be the greatest assassin, really helps the game maintain itself. The Ending. This ending is done perfectly and will be leaving you anxious to play the next in the franchise, to know what happens.
    Bad Points:
    Although Horse Riding is now available inside the city, it is not very well adapted to city obstacles, and sometimes, is frustrating. There is only 1 city, and after creating games which contained 4 or 5 cities, Rome feels small. You can't spur or gallop, and sometimes running, feels faster than the horse at "full speed". It feels like AC II remodelled, and not like a brand new game. There is almost no addition of secondary characters, just the old ones like Mario, Machiavelli, The Fox, and so on.
    Final Score:
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is a nice addition to the Assassin's Creed Franchise, but it feels like a second AC 2. The Story is still strong but it feels like they're running out of material for Ezio. Average Score: 8.8
  16. Nov 16, 2010
    Well got ACB and have to say,im impressed well done Ubisoft... The story is the best yet in the series (well up until where i am) the multiplayer is huge and keeps you hooked for many hours.. Ezio is expressed like never before,so is the multiplayer.. for the new side which is as everyone knows is the multiplayer- it just keeps you guessing and one wrong move will have you lying on theWell got ACB and have to say,im impressed well done Ubisoft... The story is the best yet in the series (well up until where i am) the multiplayer is huge and keeps you hooked for many hours.. Ezio is expressed like never before,so is the multiplayer.. for the new side which is as everyone knows is the multiplayer- it just keeps you guessing and one wrong move will have you lying on the floor dead.. The game is the best yet and can't yet for the next,Ubisoft really surprised me and hopefully the critic's!! I GIVE IT A 10/10!!!!!! Expand
  17. Mac
    Nov 16, 2010
    You have to get this game ! It's simply amazing ! Everything is improved and there is lots of new features ! A must have ! I definitely enjoyed everything about this game so far. It's just perfect !
  18. Nov 24, 2010
    I can't praise this game enough it's the closest I've seen a game get to art. It's a beautiful masterpiece and it's had me hooked since I bought it. Can safely say you will not regret investing in ACB can't wait for what ubisoft do next.
  19. Nov 16, 2010
    This game is my game of the year, along with CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS. I don't know if anyone ever could make a series this awesome ever. Any one who even likes assassin's creed just a little better do them selves a favor and pick this game up now!!!!
  20. Nov 17, 2010
    best game ever made buy this right now if u like any of the last 2 games made well actually buy it because it is the best graphics i have seen and there is so much stuff to do just in the story mode which will take u so long to do and plus their is online so buy noW!!!!
  21. Nov 25, 2010
    The game is definitely worth its standalone price tag, however I have to agree with some other reviews on its recycled content that is from AC2, but the story is good enough to cover that up. I would also give it a higher score if it was for xbox or PC, but again any game that is not designed with PS3 in mind will often be full of bugs that needs quite a long time to iron out. TheThe game is definitely worth its standalone price tag, however I have to agree with some other reviews on its recycled content that is from AC2, but the story is good enough to cover that up. I would also give it a higher score if it was for xbox or PC, but again any game that is not designed with PS3 in mind will often be full of bugs that needs quite a long time to iron out. The multiplayer is innovative and addicting, but unfortunately its interface is left much to be desired, making it hard to use any other features except the "Play Now" button..

Overall
    Pros: Good story, great multiplayer, same gameplay we all know and love
    Cons: Recycled engine and AI, buggy system, Interface would be touched up to smooth things out
  22. Feb 24, 2011
    I don't know where to begin with this one. Let me pre-face my next sentence by stating that I have played alot of "Infamous" on my PS3. Making the transition to Brotherhood, sucked. The controls feel unresponsive and sluggish. I can never quite get Ezio to do what I want him to do and this made the game extremely frustrating for me. I don't understand how games like Infamous and evenI don't know where to begin with this one. Let me pre-face my next sentence by stating that I have played alot of "Infamous" on my PS3. Making the transition to Brotherhood, sucked. The controls feel unresponsive and sluggish. I can never quite get Ezio to do what I want him to do and this made the game extremely frustrating for me. I don't understand how games like Infamous and even Uncharted, hell, throw in some Prince of Persia, and how these games get the "Parkour" aspect of these games right, but it just seems off on AC: Brotherhood. I'm disappointed. Not only is this not really a true sequel, It just does more of the same. I found the hidden memory segments of the game to be to hard to figure out. Who knew that the number 48 was a chemical compostion of 'something" and I was supposed to know that, the mineral is what is found on Mt. Washington in N.H. which would lead me to the answer, and still make me have to solve one of those Da Vinci code like puzzles, and then send me to a round 2 of it, just for a fuzzy video clip of nothing. Ummmmmmm. Hmmmmmmmm. You really need to be a symbologist solve some of these riddles. This game was an utter disappointment to me. I know alot of work went into it, and I can appreciate that. All I can say is, anyone who didn't like the first two games, then stay away. Anyone that enjoyed the first two games and thinks this game is going to be the best and take you to the promisland, then you will be dissapointed, because all game is, is a very long expansion.pack to part 2. P.S. the multiplayer is tacked on and makes it almost impossible for any newbies to succeed. An instant turn off to anyone picking this game up late, and also becoming a problem with multiplayer games in general. Expand
  23. Nov 17, 2010
    This is Brotherhood, not 3 so if it feels like more of 2 or 2.5 well i think that is exactly what Ubisoft intended. It is more of Ezio and it definitely continues the overall story with Desmond and Abstergo but only gets a bit more out there. Some people have been worrying about the overall mystery getting a bit more complicated in this one but i feel that since it's not a true sequel thatThis is Brotherhood, not 3 so if it feels like more of 2 or 2.5 well i think that is exactly what Ubisoft intended. It is more of Ezio and it definitely continues the overall story with Desmond and Abstergo but only gets a bit more out there. Some people have been worrying about the overall mystery getting a bit more complicated in this one but i feel that since it's not a true sequel that we should just sit and contemplate what will happen in the inevitable Assassin's Creed 3. This installment is great and it's not just 2 in a new city. The battle system has grown with improved options and is all the great things from the past game plus a bunch more fun. Also the missions and side missions aren't the same from 2, some exact duplicates but many new things to try and explore. Also the story missions are just bigger and better with i felt like much more diversity. Also at first Rome i thought wouldn't be as impressive as when i was playing through 2 but in the end it was by far greater! When people say it is huge, they mean this city is freaking HUGE! Also the city improvement system is great! and far more involved and satisfying than simply upgrading the villa. Knocking out the bad guys, burning down their towers and then building up the run down area with beggars into a bustling market place with fine women running around is not only noticeable you can remember doing that and being glad you did. then going to the shop to upgrade your armor and feel like you are just that much closer to greatness. The whole overall experience is deep and fun. more of what 2 brought us but that is by no means a bad thing. but with it's own unique feel and options when playing. Brother improves this series and keeps it as one of the top franchises of the times! if i had to pick one bad thing about this game is the same pop in textures that have been seen in the previous games, but with such big cities is not a game killer at all. and it is less noticeable when you are in tight corridor areas or on tight streets. the plus of it too is when the textures pop in they are simply gorgeous. also i wanted to note that the character models seem much improved in this game, much more detailed and less noticeable polygonal shapes. also look cleaner with nice self shadowing that looks almost real, or at least almost Hollywood! oh and this is all before you dive headfirst into the brand new multiplayer! the multiplayer experience is not only a breath of fresh air but executed in great detail. the tense situations of finding who you have to kill and hiding from your killer is awesome. my only minor complaint is as perks and upgrades unlock it does give higher level assassin's a clear advantage over new ones. but it doesn't completely make the game weighted in their favor they just have more options then newer people do. but overall i never felt annoyed or completely overpowered i just felt compelled to get more kills and level up to get that ability of whatever they just did. example early in multilplayer i got smoke bombed and i wondered how to do that, but then a couple of levels later i unlocked it and said, oh that's how! so overall minor minor nit pick over a truly fresh and fun experience. I think i will go play some more now, so if you want to catch up in the story and catch up with my levels on multiplayer go get this game now, definitely a must have for any fan of the series. new comers, i would recommend getting at least the 2nd first just so in single player you aren't totally lost. but i definitely give this game a 10/10 Expand
  24. Nov 22, 2010
    This game is one of the most entertaining games this year! sure its a "Part 2" of AC2. but that's why its not called AC3. It keeps what made AC2 great and added a few fresh ideas. There is always so much to do and explore. The story is great and and missions can be done numerous ways. Graphics and sound is amazing. And ROME.... WOW... the architecture and detail is incredible. This is a Must Buy!!
  25. Nov 19, 2010
    This is one of those game that I am only giving a "10" rating for because there is no option here to give it an "11". Absolutely Amazing. Ive beaten the entire game and am working on unlocking everything else. I have played the multi-player as well, but the story mode is so good I have been tryin to milk every ounce of play out of that before I get involved any more in the online play.This is one of those game that I am only giving a "10" rating for because there is no option here to give it an "11". Absolutely Amazing. Ive beaten the entire game and am working on unlocking everything else. I have played the multi-player as well, but the story mode is so good I have been tryin to milk every ounce of play out of that before I get involved any more in the online play. If ever there was a reason or Ubisoft to exist, it is this. Expand
  26. Nov 18, 2010
    Assassins creed brotherhood is amazing. The story isnt quite as good as last time but its still one the best stories around. The side missions are improved, the lairs are far better than the tombs which were still good. the multiplayer is fun and its also pretty unique
  27. Jan 18, 2011
    I was a disappointed with AC Brotherhood. The story is very lacking compared to AC2 and there were a ton of game play problems. The controls were no where as tight as the were in the second game and the camera seemed to have a mind of its own during the most inopportune times. I was really disappointed that the developers only took a year to make this game. It really showed in the overallI was a disappointed with AC Brotherhood. The story is very lacking compared to AC2 and there were a ton of game play problems. The controls were no where as tight as the were in the second game and the camera seemed to have a mind of its own during the most inopportune times. I was really disappointed that the developers only took a year to make this game. It really showed in the overall quality of the game. Sure it looked great, but with a poorly written story that had a stupid ending and issues with the game play and camera. I would not recommend this game to anyone until the price dropped under fifteen dollars. The developers put out a game to make money and didn't put in the extra effort to give gamers their money's worth. Reminds me of the major screw-job that IW did to gamers with MW2. Expand
  28. Nov 22, 2010
    This version of the series is the greatest release, yet again Ubisoft has delivered a excellent product. It got a lot of variety and has a-lot of new game-play. The variety in the game with the training mode, the ability to buy stores and have your own little business. The new achievement system for each mission where you can get 100% synchronization in certain conditions also brings aThis version of the series is the greatest release, yet again Ubisoft has delivered a excellent product. It got a lot of variety and has a-lot of new game-play. The variety in the game with the training mode, the ability to buy stores and have your own little business. The new achievement system for each mission where you can get 100% synchronization in certain conditions also brings a great challenge to the game. Game-play is as great as always, even now the developers have added more functionality to control your assassin the fun factor is greatly improved.
    All the extra new features, variety and game-play of this game has boosted it to be one of the best games Iwe ever played!
  29. Nov 17, 2010
    This is clearly the best Assassin's Creed of the series. It's a step up in every way. Fans out there HAVE to play this one. Parachutes and new gadgets are included and the Desmond story side is much more explored. Nothing is true, everything is permitted! It definitely deserves a 10.0. What are you waiting for, go get the game already.
  30. Nov 17, 2010
    This game is simply AMAZING. It is the BEST game in the series, one of the best open world games EVER, and it is definitely in my top 5 for 2010, and it is easily one of the best games of this generation, do yourself a favor GO BUY THIS GAME! Trust me, its worth it. Whenever someone says that games are not art, just show them this game and prove them wrong, this game is THE definition ofThis game is simply AMAZING. It is the BEST game in the series, one of the best open world games EVER, and it is definitely in my top 5 for 2010, and it is easily one of the best games of this generation, do yourself a favor GO BUY THIS GAME! Trust me, its worth it. Whenever someone says that games are not art, just show them this game and prove them wrong, this game is THE definition of art,period. The story is very,very good, immersive, and engaging, the graphics are MIND BLOWING for a game with such a huge world, and you will NOT want to put your controller down until you beat it. The single player story is over 20 hours long and there are a TON of side missions to keep you busy, and once you're done with the story, there is also a multiplayer mode, which fits PERFECTLY into the AC universe and makes total sense, and it is very FUN, easily the best third person online action game that I've ever played, it is THAT good. plus there are a ton of maps, modes, and characters that every time that you start a new match it will feel very different! YOU MUST BUY THIS NOW!! Expand
  31. Nov 25, 2010

Overall
    Pros: Good story, great multiplayer, same gameplay we all know and love

1. Jul 8, 2011
    Recommended to fans of the franchise and also to newcomers. While the single player campaign is entertaining and offers a lot of content, the multiplayer mode is only average. It's a nice goodie, nothing more. The atmosphere, the localization and the videos are pretty well done, which let the player forget time and play hours.
  2. Feb 25, 2011
    Assasssin's Creed: Brotherhood has great atmosphere, beautiful visuals, and overall excellent craftsmanship… Just don't expect anything new beyond the multiplayer.
  3. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is a more than a worthy addition to the series canon. The similar setting of renaissance Italy will trick folks into assuming this is a half-arsed expansion, but honestly, this feels like Assassin's Creed 2.99. Don't be fooled by Brotherhood's cunningly familiar disguise. Mark it as a fresh target, pounce and take it down. [January 2011 p66]