6.9

1. Jun 30, 2015
    A new main character and a new setting was exactly what AC games needed. Ezio had run his course and it was time to make a change. Along with the new main character Ubisoft completely changed the gameplay. But this was a good thing since the historical setting also changed.

I honestly can't understand the hate for this game. The new gameplay mechanics are great and the story is actually good once more. And the game is long enough again. A lot of variety goes to the gameplay, there are the typical city areas familiar from the previous games and there is the Frontier: a big forest area where you can go about your business. Where in the city you can climb and run on rooftops, in the Frontier you can climb and run on trees. The climbing mechanics are really smooth. Though some players might prefer the old slower climbing mechanics from AC II and Brotherhood.

The present day stuff is an improvement from AC Revelations, but it's still a bit lacking.

(I played this game when it came out, I'm just now writing the review)
  2. May 8, 2015
    People need to stop whining about this game. Maybe it doesn't have the best controls or the least bugs or the most memorable characters, but dashing through the snow evokes such a great and adventurous feeling. There are a lot of things wrong with this game, but little things like the drumming when you're approaching the redcoat soldiers are done so perfectly it's criminal. It also hadPeople need to stop whining about this game. Maybe it doesn't have the best controls or the least bugs or the most memorable characters, but dashing through the snow evokes such a great and adventurous feeling. There are a lot of things wrong with this game, but little things like the drumming when you're approaching the redcoat soldiers are done so perfectly it's criminal. It also had much more interesting side missions than it's predecessors through the form of homestead missions that I can tell will create so much nostalgia a few years from now. Also, online is awesome! Expand
  3. Feb 9, 2015
    When you first start off playing Assassin's Creed 3 you have to go through a few hours of linear, story-driven gameplay that acts as the tutorial. Outside of the sterile and lifeless protagonist you are forced to start off with it's not that bad. However it's not long until you begin to crave the sense of freedom the series is known for. Once the game finally opens up I found it turnedWhen you first start off playing Assassin's Creed 3 you have to go through a few hours of linear, story-driven gameplay that acts as the tutorial. Outside of the sterile and lifeless protagonist you are forced to start off with it's not that bad. However it's not long until you begin to crave the sense of freedom the series is known for. Once the game finally opens up I found it turned into one of the best experiences I've had with this series.

The first thing I noticed was just how gorgeous the game is. Outside of some rare moments (mostly during some cutscenes) where bland textures and awkward animations make things look dated it's one of the best looking games I've ever played on PS3. It all helps add to world that feels alive.

The story is excellent. The fantastic historical setting let's us participate with some of the most memorable events of the American Revolution. The characters are brought to life by fantastic performances and fleshed out motivations. The modern day story gets kind of lost in sci-fi mumbo jumbo at times and lost my interest long ago. But those who've stick with it should love the conclusion to the story that started so long ago, even if they might not like the actual ending.

Tons of new additions, subtle improvements, and grand scale make this the most ambitious AC I've played yet. Ships battles are a blast and tons of new side-quests help you feel connected to the world in new ways. I wasn't a fan of liberating sections of cities being tied to obscure objectives not mentioned on the map, but overall that's a minor complaint. The modern day sections finally let Desmond see some action and gives gamers a taste of how an AC game set in the modern-day would be like.

Multiplayer adds a few new features and game modes. The experience makes it harder to pick out who the real people among the AI are provided they aren't being totally obvious. This may make it harder to get kills, but once you get used to it things feels the same. If anything the extra added effort you'll have to put into finding your targets make it more like being an actual assassin.

AC3 improves and expands upon what came before in the series. It tries new things with series and succeeds because of it. However even with the new features it is still an Assassin's Creed game and feels like it. It's both fresh and familiar.
  4. Jan 18, 2015
    I loved this game same with ezio's games.It changes many things from faster climbing to easier but better and more challenging battle.Also it is the first ac game which introduce naval battle.Connor and the story were pretty cool but many hate it.
  5. Dec 21, 2014
    Ac3 is a great game but has some performance issues on ps3 like framerate, but overall this game has so many new mechanics to a formula getting way to old like revelations. The whole forest climbing worried me at first but it works SO WELL!!! it is so fluent. They have added in ranged weapons which are pretty basic and all work the same way and personally I thought the bow was prettyAc3 is a great game but has some performance issues on ps3 like framerate, but overall this game has so many new mechanics to a formula getting way to old like revelations. The whole forest climbing worried me at first but it works SO WELL!!! it is so fluent. They have added in ranged weapons which are pretty basic and all work the same way and personally I thought the bow was pretty disappointing as I expected it to be completely silent but it attracts as much attention as a flintlock pistol. The game overalls story is pretty assassins creed like but some of the characters feel unique unfortunately the main character Rattonhake:ton/ Connor has a very annoying generic robot American voice which kinda sucked, and his character felt like some badass incapable of talking to someone like a normal person like Ezio. The time period this game is set in is very unique having tribal things mixed in with old time british stuff with ships and muskets, and it works fine. You also have a homestead and you can craft pretty cool stuff. I think this game is great for any fan of the series. Expand
  6. Nov 25, 2014
    This Assassins Creed game is different than the others, this set in the America's independence, and make a revolution of the genre, it have one of the best history's i have ever seen in a video game, the game play is very cool and the mechanic its very surprisingly good.
  7. Oct 19, 2014
    Pursue your enemies through 1775 America in an ever-changing environment. From the legendary battlefields of Lexington and Concord and the bustling streets of Boston and New York, to the snow-covered Appalachian wilderness, you’ll wage war in a stunningly mutable environment. Whether you’re tracking your quarry’s blood trail through fresh snow, or taking advantage of driving winds andPursue your enemies through 1775 America in an ever-changing environment. From the legendary battlefields of Lexington and Concord and the bustling streets of Boston and New York, to the snow-covered Appalachian wilderness, you’ll wage war in a stunningly mutable environment. Whether you’re tracking your quarry’s blood trail through fresh snow, or taking advantage of driving winds and thick fog to hide your attack, liberty is on the line, so unleash your killing power in Assassin's Creed 3. Expand
  8. Sep 20, 2014
    llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
  9. Sep 12, 2014
    I liked the first one at the time, very disappointed with the second one while it remains the favorite of a lot of fans, did not expect too much with Assassin's creed III and I was extremely surprised. The game is less repetitive, exploring woods and going at sea feels great, the story is excellent, I loved it.
  10. Aug 13, 2014
    Assassin's Creed III
    Game-play:It has been improved with more fluid combat and better climbing but there are some glitches that are really annoying,the counter mechanic is very well made and makes the game fun but it also makes the game very easy,the best part of the game is the ship battles which are well made and really fun
    Story:A good story that it will take you 11 to 12 hours but
    Assassin's Creed III
    Story:A good story that it will take you 11 to 12 hours but the characters in the game are boring even Connor the only interesting character in the game is Haytham,but the story out side the animus is better than ever
    Graphics:At last we have an improvement at graphics which they are really good
    Notes:The game has a lot of weapons like bow and tomahawk which is fun to play,i like that the game has 2 cities and a big forest it was really fun to play there,most of the side missions are well made and fun,i recommend getting this game worth full price but it is still far from the AC2
  11. Jun 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Here it is- the reason that we play Assassin's Creed. The grand end to Desmond's arc and the most advanced entry since II. The Ezio trilogy is finished, after two great, if uninnovative spin offs. Revelations began to show cracks in the once pristine formula of AC, but now that formula has been renewed for more entries from the most popular historic action game in our industry. I just want to add one more thing before I get into the meat of the review- screw you haters. Those who give this game 0s and 1s. Sure, it's buggy, but so is the critically acclaimed Skyrim and I had more problems with that than this (stupid crashes). Lack of innovation? What do you call advanced combat, parkour, crafting, economy... This list goes on. Now that I've ranted, let's talk.

Once again, the story is remarkable. It kicks off with Desmond, who gets a nice slice of content in this game. I was actually looking forward to the present day sections this time around and even if numerous glitches arise throughout his four main adventures, I still loved his greater focus on stealth and the story is nowhere near as confusing as it was in Revelations (first person puzzles are absent thank god!). Over in the Animus, the real action kicks off with Haytham Kenway. The main gameplay mechanics are experienced through him and while his section feels like a 3 hour tutorial, the story telling is remarkable and builds up to a killer final act that ends in a killer twist. Fast forward a few years and we're with Rahok- no I'm not even gonna try pronouncing his name. It's pronounced Rah-ha-doo-n-a-gay-doo and he is the main protagonist. We stick with him for the rest of the game, but the first three hours are spent playing as him in his youth. He later changes his name to the more pronouncable Connor Kenway and embarks on an epic quest to free America and bring justice. So no redemption or revenge themes, but something completely different. NIce! He is a little bland and one dimensional, but this change is welcome after three games with Ezio. The ending on both sides is suitable. Connor has a little bit more resolution to his conclusion, while Desmond leaves us with more questions... but at least they are new!

Gameplay wise, this takes plenty of leaps forward. Stealth is back, with new hiding places, the ability to take cover and plenty of cool takedowns. Combat is more offensive, with attacking placed over defending. Dual Takedowns are spectacular and brutal. Parkour is a whole lot more advanced, with vaulting, crawling and tree climbing introduced to great effect. The brotherhood mechanics are highly refined with multiple useful objects and a highly advanced crafting and trading system will confuse you at first, before making you realise how great this game is. A dynamic weather system, hunting and more variation in environments are three things that help this game to stand out and the graphics are amazing with the Anvil Next Engine. The new Homestead is full of distractions and will suck you in for hours.

Along with the main campaign, there are plenty of collectibles and side missions, with naval gameplay a new feature that will amaze you. It's deep and advanced, the water is lifelike and while you only take to the wheel in missions, there is a sense of freedom to be had. And the action is remarkable! In fact, this is probably the most explosive Assassin's Creed, with plenty of set pieces and great moments. Multiplayer returns as well, with new coop and customisation features that make it a bit more of an attractive feature. It is only natural for assassins to team up...

In the end the game does have plenty of bugs and not even three years of work can cover these. But I didn't have too many problems and the pros far outweighed the cons. This is a brilliant game and one of my favourite games of all time. It also helps that it is the perfect jumping on point for people new to the series, with the new character and recap being great for new fans. If you have any intention of buying ACIII, don't wait- get it immediately!
  12. May 11, 2014
    es un juego muy bueno sin duda los que digan que es malo se equivocan es bueno destaca en todo pero no tanto como los otros assassins creed y se retoma lo mejor que caracterizo la saga aparte de la historia
  13. Dec 22, 2013
    While Assassin's Creed III has great combat, a visually stunning world, and a lot to do, the game has some huge, fatal flaws that detract from the enjoyment. Slow pacing, bad story, and an overwhelming amount of content hold Assassin's Creed III back from the greatness the previous entries achieved.
  14. Dec 17, 2013
    To put things in perspective, the only other AC game I have played is the first one. It had flaws, but it was a gorgeous game and it had some good ideas. AC3 is my first AC online experience and I must say that it might be the most fun I've ever had online. The focus on stealth makes for gameplay that is always intense, and getting that sneaky kill after being very patient is veryTo put things in perspective, the only other AC game I have played is the first one. It had flaws, but it was a gorgeous game and it had some good ideas. AC3 is my first AC online experience and I must say that it might be the most fun I've ever had online. The focus on stealth makes for gameplay that is always intense, and getting that sneaky kill after being very patient is very rewarding. I enjoyed the campaign as well (though admittedly I didn't quite finish it). My main complaints with the game are the sometimes inconsistent climbing, the perhaps under-developed sailing sequences, and a few glitches here and there which don't really detract from the gaming experience. Expand
  15. Nov 19, 2013
    The game itself is addicting for it's multiplayer and it's campaign, this game much resembles more on killing sprees actually, and the campaign became a large good bloody effort. But overall, the game is much more on killing then stealth where Connor has more abilities and tools to assassinate.
  16. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Updated new engine which looks absolutely wonderful. Environments, whether change, character models, character movement, are all superb. Although this is the second time they changed the character models, Desmond and the gang look different than in previous games. Nothing really to complain about, they still looked like an upgrade. 10.

Sound: The games theme fits with

Sound: The games theme fits with the time it takes place in (during the American Revolution), and the voice acting is good. 10.

Gameplay: The gameplay has also changed, but it is still somewhat similar but in a good way. No longer do you have to hold x while sprinting. Anyway, the game mechanics now allow for a larger sandbox feel. You can now climb around in trees, hunt animals, and various extras that turn Assassins Creed 3 into the new Skyrim. The combat system is a lot more challenging and feels a lot better than in previous games. Counter takes timing, and stronger foes won't go down just with a counter, you may have to tap x to break their defense first. Still, the combat is still simple once you're used to it. Missions now are a variety, and no longer repetitive. Also, the game adds naval battles, which is really stunning, and they mix it in very well, never making it feel like a chore. 10.

Story: The story unravels quite well, and isn't as predictable. The game still features the main storyline with Desmond, and adds a new animus storyline featuring a Native American named Connor. The games ending is strong, but still in a way that can leave more in the franchise to dish out. Still, it was a superb game from start to finish. Well actually the first 3 or 4 acts were slow, but give the game time, and when it starts it continues to be entertaining. 10.

Lasting Appeal: Buy the game, lasts about 10-12 hours only the story missions, plus theres a bunch of side stories (came with the PS3 version), and extras to collect. 10.

Overall Score: 10 out of 10.
  17. Nov 11, 2013
    Fantastic game. Great voice acting, story, gameplay mechanics, immersion, graphics. Everything is top notch. People giving this a negative review/score have no idea what they are talking about. Somebody thought it was cool to start a "AC3 hate bandwagon" and a lot of people decided to jump on. Most of the negatives scores actually have completely wrong information and/or nitpicks thatFantastic game. Great voice acting, story, gameplay mechanics, immersion, graphics. Everything is top notch. People giving this a negative review/score have no idea what they are talking about. Somebody thought it was cool to start a "AC3 hate bandwagon" and a lot of people decided to jump on. Most of the negatives scores actually have completely wrong information and/or nitpicks that don't hamper the game. People also seem to hate the new protagonist called Connor, for some inexplicable reason. They are obviously stuck in the past with love for Ezio (protagonist from the last THREE games, may I add) that they cant fathom a new hero having a different personality and morals, values, passions. They simply don't understand him. Some people have also been complaining about glitches, even though I only encountered a couple small ones (I.e. floating weapon) throughout the whole game (keep in mind no game is perfect and these are miniscule). All in all, the game left me wanting more of Connor even after I completed the game (which took me 20 hours or so including side missions and collectibles). Expand
  18. Oct 27, 2013
    I got this game on release day and for me it is the best game in the series. Sure for some people, me included the ending is just plain stupid and Ubisoft is forgetting about the assassin part in the name but this is not a bad game at all. The story is good and has a good portrayal of that time, the environment looks amazing and offers the player new things to do and explore. In allI got this game on release day and for me it is the best game in the series. Sure for some people, me included the ending is just plain stupid and Ubisoft is forgetting about the assassin part in the name but this is not a bad game at all. The story is good and has a good portrayal of that time, the environment looks amazing and offers the player new things to do and explore. In all another good assassins creed game much needed after the disaster of revelations> if you want to see a bad assassins creed game, just look at revelations. Expand
  19. Oct 26, 2013
    Assassin's Creed III doesn't exceed all my expectations, but it's a no-brainer that it is a deep experience. It's distinctly a visual marvel with the excellent design and beautiful environments, making the exploration a joy and immersive. It improves on combat; taking down enemies with a long variety of weapons, especially with the sweet tomahawk. it's rewarding. And it makes for a goodAssassin's Creed III doesn't exceed all my expectations, but it's a no-brainer that it is a deep experience. It's distinctly a visual marvel with the excellent design and beautiful environments, making the exploration a joy and immersive. It improves on combat; taking down enemies with a long variety of weapons, especially with the sweet tomahawk. it's rewarding. And it makes for a good challenge of using strategy to defeat heavy enemies.
    Parkour feels realistic with the countless of animations added to the character's movements and wandering around trees is an unique pleasure. And, I heard a lot of people saying that climbing was degraded, but that's not the case, because it's fluid and fun.
    Also, adding to the experience is the addicting multiplayer. It's unique, upgraded and a powerful addition to the game, raising up the score. Manhunt is the new mode that requires teamwork instead of selfishness.
    However, the flaws lower the score dramatically. Disappointingly, the stealth mechanics aren't up to par, because of the frustrating enemy AI detecting the player immediately. It's a shame, because rather than feeling like an assassin, you just feel like nothing special.
    Technical issues are almost everywhere in this game, considering how huge this game is. It constantly looses it's great imerrsivness values because of that.
    Focusing on story, I feel that the ending wasn't a nice conclusion and that Connor is a bore to listen to. But, fortunately, the story is well-written and decent.
    What I find average is the naval battles. While cinematic and epic, I don't find them enjoyable enough. But, if they improve the controls of it, make it more challenging and if they add exploration, I would be more than satisfied.
    Assassin's Creed III is a flawed, but deep experience that dares to put many different elements in one game. While no way revolutionary, it's great. (Final Score: 8.40)
  20. Oct 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've been playing the Assassin's Creed games from the beginning and I'd have to say this one is probably my favorite. I've loved the whole idea behind the AC series and I've really enjoyed the story line. It probably helps that I'm somewhat of a history fan, so being able to virtually walk around New England during the Revolutionary war time is pretty freaking sweet. Also, being a ship captain is one of the most fun parts of the game as well. I'm one of those gamers that will stop and read all of the info pop-ups that appear when you're near a historical site in the game. I guess I'm just nerdy like that. Expand
  21. Sep 28, 2013
    "Assassin's Creed III" en mi opinión el mejor de la franquicia; es porque ésta vez todo es totalmente mejorado: los gráficos, la historia, las ciudades, los personajes son más interesantes y demás. Sería un juego perfecto, pero solo le resté un punto por su final, si bien no es malo, es de todas maneras muy insatisfactorio.
  22. Aug 21, 2013
    AC III truly speaking in the beginning I was disappointed with the game and I didn't want to play but as I spent time and completed the story it became interesting and interesting. UBI Soft has change a lot of things that made the game a new game and difficult as well. some of the new concepts are very difficult like convoy trade etc. I admit the game has some glitches but it is AC weAC III truly speaking in the beginning I was disappointed with the game and I didn't want to play but as I spent time and completed the story it became interesting and interesting. UBI Soft has change a lot of things that made the game a new game and difficult as well. some of the new concepts are very difficult like convoy trade etc. I admit the game has some glitches but it is AC we should ignore little thing behind this big game. I Love AC all versions and AC II as well. The one who like the game in the same conventional manner, they couldn't like this version but as you see the game era is 1700 to 1799 so time time change and the weapons has change. You cannot use all conventional weapons in this era. You have to consider the time as well. I suggest you all to play a bit and spend some time with it and I'm sure you'll definitely like it. Expand
  23. Aug 10, 2013
    Assassin's Creed 3! I am a big fan of the AC series, but this...I was blown and surprised for the FIFTH time! Ubisoft did another great game and this time it was their master piece.

In AC3 you play as Connor, an entirely new assassin. He is born in a Native American village where you start off as a kid. You learn how to track, hide, hunt, climb and many more. After being threatened by Charls Lee, you swear that you will find him and kill him.
    The game does a great job of introducing you to the characters. You quickly get attached to Connor as you play trough the story. Your heart will constantly be going crazy while exploring or just watching the cutscenes.

The controls of the game are very nice and smooth. You can quickly switch between targets in a fight which make combat that much dynamic and brutal. The new tree climbing is simply one of the best things in the game. You will find yourself jumping from tree to tree, hang people with your rope dart and fight many enemies while at the same time avoiding being shot. The dynamic fights will make you want to love this game even more! The way animations work is stunning.
    2-3 enemies at a time can attack you at the same time and you will often find your self doing really bada*s moves to counter them in cool ways that feel so natural. You can quickly switch from enemy to enemy with flick of an analog stick. You can counter one enemy while fighting another and the coolest part is that you can quickly change to the weapon you want kill the target with that weapon when you counter them.
    While combat is great and fun, climbing is improved SO MUCH that you will never want to see a horse in your entire time playing, except maybe when chasing people. It feels so natural that you feel like you can do this even in real life. Climbing trees and rocks will change your AC gaming experience so much that you wouldn't ever want to move away from this game.

The game also has ships in it. That's right...SHIPS! The way they've made their new engine work is very good. The water, wind, battles all those things are incredibly well done. It feels realistic and you can really feel like a sailor. The physics in the game are great. Being able to command and improve your own ship is an aspect of the game the polishes it.

Besides some glitches here and there with the lipsynching, posters sinking into the walls (these have happened only once in the 30 hours I've played) and somewhat boring side missions although they can be really fun at times, the game is just beautiful. Parkour, assassination, hunting, board games, well done cutscenes, different languages, great voice acting, great graphics, amazing story line, likeable characters, trading, sailing, fort infiltrating and many more.

My final score is 9/10 just because of those side missions. They had to work a little bit more on those. In previous games the side missions were very fun and a good way to have nice laugh, but here you will find yourself carrying some sick people to a doctor, defending farmers or simply beating up some bullies. There are of course things to collect which makes you explore even more the big world of AC3. But please somebody beat up the idiot that thought of putting in such a bad picklocking mechanic.

This is by far the best Assassin's Creed game yet. Let's hope Ubisoft can keep that up.
  24. Jul 23, 2013
    Of course we are all entitled to our opinions, but a score less than 8 is a complete joke, It is hate, whether it be towards AC for being succesful with yearly releases like they hate COD for or they are anti America and simply hate the game for its American setting and pro American story.
    The game is a blast to play and extremely beautiful.
    Easily one of the greatest of this gaming
    The game is a blast to play and extremely beautiful.
    Easily one of the greatest of this gaming generation and in my honest opinion, the best.
    A must have.
  25. Jul 10, 2013
    It is visually striking and there is always something to do. I am a total huntress in life, and that is probably why I spend at least one hour hunting. I find that the historical value of it is mostly high school textbook, only with the assassin imbedded. If you plan on playing the game to compare it to its predecessors, then do plan on being disappointed. It has a completely differentIt is visually striking and there is always something to do. I am a total huntress in life, and that is probably why I spend at least one hour hunting. I find that the historical value of it is mostly high school textbook, only with the assassin imbedded. If you plan on playing the game to compare it to its predecessors, then do plan on being disappointed. It has a completely different take than the other previous Assassin's Creed games. Which for most people I have noticed disappoints them. Expand
  26. Jun 19, 2013
    This game came so close to being better than number 2 for me. It they just decided to not care about people who didn't play the others (sorry about that) the game could have been perfect. Some game-play decisions in the story could have been better, mainly sequence 5,7,8. Some minor decisions like capacity got me mad but besides that I enjoyed this game, to all you bashing it, screw off,This game came so close to being better than number 2 for me. It they just decided to not care about people who didn't play the others (sorry about that) the game could have been perfect. Some game-play decisions in the story could have been better, mainly sequence 5,7,8. Some minor decisions like capacity got me mad but besides that I enjoyed this game, to all you bashing it, screw off, don't buy it, its funny how this was one of the most selling game of 2012. Expand
  27. Jun 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. AC3 is a nice game to learn the hisory and be a part of the revolution. But killing a major character like Desmond Miles is a BS. The gameplay is a little different but better than the previous games. The multiplayer feels a little different than Revelations.
    I give AC3 a deserved 9/10
  28. Jun 14, 2013
    The story mode obiovusly isn't the focal point of this game. The naval missions are horrid and some of the full synchronization objectives makes you wanna shoot yourself in the face. And I didn't feel myself bonding as much w/ Connor as I did w/ Ezio. However, the combat is the best in the series, and free-roaming and open world aspect is amazing. Colonial America is breathtaking, the bestThe story mode obiovusly isn't the focal point of this game. The naval missions are horrid and some of the full synchronization objectives makes you wanna shoot yourself in the face. And I didn't feel myself bonding as much w/ Connor as I did w/ Ezio. However, the combat is the best in the series, and free-roaming and open world aspect is amazing. Colonial America is breathtaking, the best map being the frontier w/ plenty to explore. Expand
  29. May 18, 2013
    Assassin's Creed III.
    Note: I have decided to include 2 new segments to this review, because there are some things that I can't consider good, or bad.
    Good Points: + The Period of time, the American Revolution is a great time to explore how an assassin and templar brotherhood could have installed there. Haytham Kenway, he's an excellent character and just impossible not to like. The
    Assassin's Creed III.
    Good Points:
    + The Period of time, the American Revolution is a great time to explore how an assassin and templar brotherhood could have installed there. Haytham Kenway, he's an excellent character and just impossible not to like. The comeback of more than 1 city (although you had Capadoccia in Revelations, you practically played all in Constantinople) and the different characteristics of each individual place. The Frontier and the addition of animals and hunting is amazing. The Seasons, now you can have snow and is just beautiful. Climbing trees, it is very useful when you have to scape from something or you just don't want to go on the snow (or whatever reason you find). The Length of both, the story and all side quest, which gave a lot of fun hours. Naval Battles, all (even those who rated this game with a 0) know that this is a TRULY good point. The vast inventory (including heavy, small, normal weapons and also a lot of range weapons). The American Assassin Brotherhood; This time they gave importance to how you meet them and why they decided to join the Brotherhood, giving each Assassin a different background. The Present Day gets really fun on this one, by giving you missions to retrieve power sources. Soundtrack, I always say it's amazing, but I have no word for this one IT'S BRILLIANT. (sorry for that). The Forts, it's really fun to liberate them and take away all Red Coats. Noah Watts and Adrian Hough, they make and incredible voice acting giving it emotion and a really interesting atmosphere. Benedict Arnold missions are just OK and we're lucky that they're free because I wouldn't recommend them if you had to pay for it. The Assassin Suit, is definitely the best Assassin outfit so far. The outstanding graphics, this is visually the best AC game so far. The AnvilNext Engine, it makes the game more realistic and powerful than before (it is also a bad point, check why)
    Bad Points:
    - The Game truly starts at Sequence 8 (considering you unlock New York, the final location, in this sequence), which is a shame, because you don't get full liberty until half of the game. Sequence 1, memory 3 is way to long, there was no necessity of making the ship travel so long. The pacing of the story is very slow and you'll probably get bored in some part of the story. Making board games as part of 100% synchronization, it's awful! Nobody wants board games obligatory. The game is "in parts" you have to buy 1 DLC (Hidden Secrets) to have the full game. Horse Riding, is horrible and in the frontier worst; Red Dead Redemption succeeded to make and incredible horse riding, why can't this game?. One of the most bugged games I have seen, why couldn't they delay the game to make it without any bugs or glitches or leave it with just a few?. The AnvilNext Engine, it was overwhelming for the game in some moments, like now there's a lot of people in the city, but they disappear mysteriously while they're walking (I mean, what?). Stealth, it is totally gone, you kill a guard and the whole city knows it. There's no background music while you're not currently in a mission, and you're just playing for fun, and it helps getting you bored.
    (+ New Segment) Middle Points:
    Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor), I can't say if he is either a good or bad point, because he is so complex and it is up to you to tell if he is a good or bad character. But before, I most tell you something: Ratonhnhaké:ton had the worst imaginable life and I can't say much more without spoiling you anything; before you judge him you most know that people who get that trauma turn to be really bad people. HomeStead Crafting and sending caravans, I don't know if you're going to like it, but for me it was an easier and most interactive way of winning money and trading things than previous Assassin's Creed Games. The Ending, I can't explain how is it a middle point without spoiling, just know that there's a 50 that you like it and 50 you don't. Synchronization ranks; now is more than 1 synchronization objective, so it's sometimes frustrating and sometimes a nice challenge. Simplified Gameplay, now the game has simplified the buttons and for expert AC gamers is boring at times, though if you're a newcomer you'll probably have a great time.
    (+ New Segment) Personal opinion:
    I think this game was awesome, but had flaws like Ratonhnhaké:ton smiling 3 or 4 times in the game, or the game being so slow. The Ending was very shocking for me and I didn't know how to deal with it. Gameplay mechanics we're simplified and that I didn't like.
    Final Score:
    Assassin's Creed III is the biggest, ambitious and inmersive AC game, telling an interesting story and adding some cool things. However, the game didn't fully completed it's ideas and somethings we're changed way too much. The Graphics, design, story are beautiful.
    Average Score: 8.2
  30. May 1, 2013
    AC3 is the best Assassin's Creed game yet, at least that's what I would be saying if the story was better. That is the main thing that was wrong with this game. The gameplay is much better with lots more variety and I love the naval side missions but the story and pacing are the let down here. I find Connor alot less interesting than Ezio and the game tells a good story in the univers ofAC3 is the best Assassin's Creed game yet, at least that's what I would be saying if the story was better. That is the main thing that was wrong with this game. The gameplay is much better with lots more variety and I love the naval side missions but the story and pacing are the let down here. I find Connor alot less interesting than Ezio and the game tells a good story in the univers of AC but Connor as a character just isn't as good. The pacing is also an issue, you don't actually get to play as connor with his full abilities until sequence 6 which is a shame. Multiplayer has improved again with wolfpack mode being very fun if you get good teamates. This game is good but has a lot of potential Expand
  31. Jan 1, 2013
    This is one of the games which i've been looking forward to for like the entire year. AC 3 came back to what made AC 2 as good as it was, the major storyline was very refreshing since it was not set in Italy but the entire indian thing did not exacly work for my. The main protagonist Connor lacks most of the epicness which Ezio had in the previous parts of AC. Where I think people mightThis is one of the games which i've been looking forward to for like the entire year. AC 3 came back to what made AC 2 as good as it was, the major storyline was very refreshing since it was not set in Italy but the entire indian thing did not exacly work for my. The main protagonist Connor lacks most of the epicness which Ezio had in the previous parts of AC. Where I think people might want to be Ezio, they probably were annoyed by certain things Connor does. But there were also a lot of stronger points in AC 3. I liked the graphics and the environment pretty much and the brand new animals in the game. Than there is mister Kenway who made the start of the game rather confusing for me because I expected to play Connor. It ended up that Haytham Kenway was like the character i'd wanted to play in stead of Connor, he makes the player doubt the assassins and he shows what the templars are. Even though the game wasn't as good as i expected it would be, it still was a pretty decent game. I might recommend to most of my friends who'd like AC but the epicness is mostly putten away by Connor. Collapse

1. Mar 6, 2013
    The Assassin’s Creed formula of fighting and parkour is starting to get old, even with the ability to climb trees now. Maybe it’s the repetitiveness of the series, or maybe it’s just less interesting to toss crates of tea into the harbour than to hunt and kill corrupt bishops.
  2. Dec 3, 2012
    This review is getting long-winded so let's wrap it up. Assassin's Creed III is the biggest and most ambitious Assassin's Creed title yet, but a few missteps leaves it short of being the series' best. In spite of my excessive nitpicking, Assassin's Creed III is great game and a must-have for any Assassin's fan.
  3. Nov 26, 2012
    A great continuation of the Assassin's Creed series because of the strong visuals, gameplay and story. Though it must be said that the story gets somewhat boring towards the end, which leaves a sour taste.