7.5

1. Mar 22, 2015
    After the excellent Assassin's Creed II and the promising Brotherhood, Revelations becomes a bit of a confusing mess. It follows three protagonists (with one of them needing to be gone by now) with random flashbacks only adding to the pandemonium. The gameplay is still solid but can become a bit bland at times. There are a few improvements regarding weapons but other than that, RevelationsAfter the excellent Assassin's Creed II and the promising Brotherhood, Revelations becomes a bit of a confusing mess. It follows three protagonists (with one of them needing to be gone by now) with random flashbacks only adding to the pandemonium. The gameplay is still solid but can become a bit bland at times. There are a few improvements regarding weapons but other than that, Revelations is a step back from Brotherhood which itself was a step back from II. Expand
  2. May 11, 2013
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations Good Points:
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations Good Points:
    A wiser and beautiful new side of the great Ezio Auditore. HookBlade, it can be useful at times to escape quickly or scape with the zip in the rooftops. SoundTrack just can't get bad in this series and Jesper Kyd retires the franchise (for now) in an excellent way. Yusuf Tazim, just...him. The map looks like Google Earth and it's really helpful for you to know where, exactly, are. We get to see what happened to Altaïr after the events of Assassin's Creed. The opening sequence, it's just incredible. The Places in the game, Capadoccia and Constantinople, are done with a lot of detail. Desmond's side, in this game we REALLY get to now him, and you begin to understand him. Synchronization to a 100% keeps being a challenge, and you'll have ton of fun accomplishing it. Voice acting doesn't get bad in this game, and fortunately, Roger Craig Smith was able to evolve into the older Ezio and make him feel, aged. The Sense of the Eagle, it's really cool and it helps for a few challenges.

Bad Points: Crafting Bombs, it feels totally unnecessary and a pain in the a**. Den Defence (tower defence) is horrible and really frustrating, you are all the time wondering when it's going to end. Gameplay it's the same in every aspect, to Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and it doesn't feel fresh. Horse Riding is taken away, although it was not very comfortable in Brotherhood, it did help you get faster to somewhere, now you have to run through all Constantinople. It's Length, it is very short and not every bit of it is very fun. There's no "villain", like Cesare in Brotherhood or Rodrigo in Assassin's Creed II, so you don't feel like you know where you're heading next. It doesn't feel much like there were any major "revelations" in this game, except from Desmond's side. There are no more than 3 outfits, and although it is a minor bad point, it's just too few.
    Final Score:
    Assassin's Creed Revelations is and Okay game and doesn't really change from it's predecessor. It is very short and I wouldn't really recommend it, although, if you're a fan of the series and you want to now what happens buy it.
    Average Score: 7.8
    For More Assassin's Creed Reviews go to: http://www.metacritic.com/user/UserScore
  3. Dec 9, 2011
    I'm not giving this game a "6" because it's not good. It's very good, actually. Thing is, we are done with this franchise, unfortunately. The first one was good, AC2 was phenomenal and Brotherhood was incredible. But I really don't see much space to keep doing the same things over and over and over again - with little changes here and there. Like the boring as hell "castle defense" thing.I'm not giving this game a "6" because it's not good. It's very good, actually. Thing is, we are done with this franchise, unfortunately. The first one was good, AC2 was phenomenal and Brotherhood was incredible. But I really don't see much space to keep doing the same things over and over and over again - with little changes here and there. Like the boring as hell "castle defense" thing. Seriously, I think it's tame to take the franchise to another level (like an RPG or a strategy game). But there's no more space to keep it on the "open world" business. I think Revelations is a gorgeous game, with great content and personality, but it's tiresome to jump of viewpoints, pickpocket, jump up and down, buy and upgrade stuff and keep going with an over the top story. And what's up with the clunky-as-hell controls? This is the ONE thing they could have improved. But, NO. We still have to face absurd situations where Ezio feels like a war-tank instead of a stealthy assassin. Sometimes we need to MANEUVER Ezio, not move him, which most of the time means frustrating deaths and memory restarts. I love this franchise, with all my heart, but Ubisoft should now the perfect time to stop - and that was Brotherhood. No need for Revelations (although it' a great game) and REALLY no need of another Assassin's Creed. It's sad, I know, to even think that. But at least for me it's the plain truth. Expand
  4. Dec 14, 2011
    I just beat AC: Revelations and this game is just ok. Definitely not the worst game to have come out this year. However, this is by far the worst of all the AC games. It just felt like it was lacking that special something that made the first 3 really enjoyable. Maybe it was the extremely sloppy story or maybe it was just that I felt that Iâ
  5. Hef
    Nov 15, 2011
    Everyone here is giving this game 10's even though they point out notable flaws in the game. Since reviews are subjective this isn't normally a bad thing, but when you're text review can't even back up a score, then it becomes a problem. For the love of all that is holy take those 10 reviews with a grain of salt.

This is an Assassin's Creed game. If you didn't like it before, you won't

This is an Assassin's Creed game. If you didn't like it before, you won't like it now. You are still basically holding forward the hole time and sometimes pressing the attack and run buttons. It is exactly like brotherhood except you get a hook that allows for faster climbing and there's a new shallow bomb making mechanic. I honestly never found them to be especially useful. The money one was novel because I loved throwing money on the ground in the old games and watching people desperately race to try and pick it up.

The big new thing is territory control. Like in GTA San Andreas but not as good. Like the last game, there are towers you have to take and guards you have to kill to take over parts of the map. But in this game they can take those towers back. When your areas are under assault, you're forcing into a boring tower defence mini-game.

Also I'm not going to get very spoily, but there are some really clunky first person sequences where you have to place blocks in order to progress. The controls for these parts are really bad and the whole thing is really out of place.

The brotherhood stuff is a little more fleshed out and it my favourite part of the game, aside from running around and stabbing dudes. It's a little more involved by which your gaining influence in areas that you send assassins to. This increases things like cash flow and is a pretty fun mini-game in itself.

The multiplayer hasn't seen many changes, and again, if you were really into the last games multiplayer, you'll still enjoy this one. But will it still be fresh and novel the second time around? I guess that's for you to decide.

You know if you'll like this game already. Do you like Assassin's Creed? Are you here for the "story". Well if you haven't gotten bored with running, stalking and stabbing and want another single player experience, go for it. Don't get this game for the multiplayer, because it doesn't last long and, while a unique experience, doesn't provide much beyond that.

I really hope they take their time with AC3 and don't rush it out next year. Of course they probably will and there'll be more marginal changes. Vote with your wallets and rent this.
  6. Nov 20, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Probably the most unnecessary sequel of the year, this game feels like it only exists because, well, there had to be another AC game this year.

The story's rather uninteresting and cliché with every (!) plot "twist" predictable. The main aspect of it is Ezio's search for ... well, Altair's ... uh ... so, Ezio wants to learn more about Altair and what happened back then. But the missions you play as Altair disappoint. Not too many as the game is rather short anyways and they're ripped out, very short moments of his life. The "substory" told in them is totally pointless and neither contributes it anything to the big picture nor is it in itself of interest.

Without going into too much detail, the same could be said about Desmond's story this time, as there is practically none for him this time and the overarching plot about the ancients takes a rest as well for the most part. In fact, all you get is a cutscene at the ending that tells you what you already know: the ancients' race was wiped out from the planet and they want Desmond to do something. And by something, I mean "something". Literally. They're not saying what they want AGAIN.

Instead, Desmond's past is being examinated. Well, a few short "missions" where he narrates with few sentences what his life was like. It's probably meant to surprise the players, but feels more like they make the previous games lie to them and the sacrificing of continuity doesn't even achieve anything of interest.

What's left of the story is a conflict in Constantinople Ezio's getting involved in as the Templars are messing around there, too. Basically, another struggle for power. Well, at least most of the characters involved are likeable, even the bad guys. None of them get explored too much, though, and as for Ezio, his trip basically results in realizing all of this isn't his business - something he has been told two games ago already and makes you wonder why they stuck to him for two sequels. Oh, and if you want to know how his story ends, you'll have to buy and watch the short movie of the PSN ...

Short story short: the plot starts nowhere, goes nowhere and has little to no remarkable highlights.

What can be said about the gameplay? It's mostly Brotherhood all over again with a few additions which isn't a bad thing per se. But it is beyond me how they can deliver pretty much the same game without working on any of the shortcomings and issues the prequel had.

The game has been simplified even further and will only get you mad at the controler when it either fails to properly let you know what is expected of you, it introduces you to the bugs and glitches or when the over-automatized controls once again think they know better what you want to do than yourself.

Also, ever since the first game, the actual "assassin" aspect has been toned down game by game, probably because for whatever reason, the ubisofts fear stealthy games that require patience and too much thinking might not be popular enough.

The Revelations experience is broken into several "metagames". You have the have the Open World or Sandbox aspect including collectibles which is pretty good as usual, though again, the world lacks content to explore and this time, the city or map is rather small and looks boring. Not even any countryside around it. Now I realize they had to keep it somewhat close to the real thing, but still, if there was no possibility to make this better, why choose this city to begin with?

Then the missions themselves, well, aside from some nice ideas at the beginning and the end the AC standard. There's little to no challenge, you must never think about what to do or how to approach a situation as there's almost no freedom or option. Even the 100% synchronization requirements are a joke and you'll be doing most of them without even trying as they mostly are what you're doing anyways.

Combat both in and out of missions is as simple as ever and you can hardly die. In fact, I wanted to restart one mission and wanted Ezio to get killed, but it didn't happen. Amazed I watched for minutes how Ezio took hit after hit while standing completely still. He was regenerating health faster than the enemies attacked.

There's some more, but I must come to an end soon, so let's rush the rest of this review.

The graphics are outstanding. The music which used to be my favourite aspect of the series was, sadly, some forgettable pulp with a bit of local colour.

The multiplayer is another aspect that makes you wonder why this game was needed. Sure, there are some additions and changes, but nothing that couldn't have been sold as an update DLC for Brotherhood. I won't judge on it as I'm not much into MP, but I like it for at least being different, even if I'm not perfectly happy with everything.

Overall, for a game called "Revelations", this one reveals surprisingly little. There's fun to be had, but that's about it, a mostly forgettable experience.
  7. Mar 3, 2012
    This game does very well in some aspects. As many faults as there are with the game, Assassin's Creed: Revelations trumps those follies with fun, action-filled gameplay. The graphics are a little bit more improved, not that there was much to improve on. Ezio himself looks great, as expected of the Assassin's Creed team over at Ubisoft since all of the models in this game are fantastic. TheThis game does very well in some aspects. As many faults as there are with the game, Assassin's Creed: Revelations trumps those follies with fun, action-filled gameplay. The graphics are a little bit more improved, not that there was much to improve on. Ezio himself looks great, as expected of the Assassin's Creed team over at Ubisoft since all of the models in this game are fantastic. The story is just as it was in the previous games; get this, kill him, destroy Templars, etc. If you could sit down for one whole session, you'd finish the game in 8 hours. I wish that Ubisoft would stop pumping out Assassin's Creed every year and take a year off to think of something new because this game, of course, feels repetitive; it's more of the same. Sure, they added new devices, grenades, hook-blade, etc. but in the long run, it's just not as much impact. Every time a new Assassin's Creed game is announced or shown at E3, a unanimous sigh is heard from the audience because, like I said, it's just more of the same. However, that is not to say that this is a bad game. Overall, this game is better than Brotherhood, a good end to Ezio and Altair's storyline. 7/10. Expand
  8. Dec 11, 2011
    Assassin's Creed 2 in my opinion has to be one of the greatest games I have ever played just for the sheer fact that it was very engaging because of the story. Instead of trying to make a near perfect game even more perfect by taking time to re imagine and re think, Ubisoft decided to try and milk the franchise that is the heart of the company and so decided on yearly releases to try andAssassin's Creed 2 in my opinion has to be one of the greatest games I have ever played just for the sheer fact that it was very engaging because of the story. Instead of trying to make a near perfect game even more perfect by taking time to re imagine and re think, Ubisoft decided to try and milk the franchise that is the heart of the company and so decided on yearly releases to try and compete with "Cod". This game shows why yearly releases arent as good as games that take 2-3 years to make. Brotherhood was okay but this seems to take it one step into the wrong direction. It felt un needed and it dissappointed me AND for that reason I reward it a 7. Expand
  9. Mar 5, 2012
    This, for me, was a disappointing game. I found the whole thing rather repetitive and long winded. Creating a trilogy of Ezio was a good idea but they left him no backing in a storyline, therefore it became boring. It has not enveloped me like other assassins creed games and I'm sure you could easily not but this game and go straight into AC3.
  10. Dec 10, 2011
    I'm fairy dissapointed in this game. For one its pretty short. Especially by AC standards.. Seriously what is up with this year.. Uncharted, MW3 and this game were all short. Big let down.....

Anyways before I get off point this game definently plays better than the rest of the AC series but the story just wasnt that interesting to me. By the end of the game I started getting into the characters but it was over in a chapter. And for me the conversations between Desmond and the modern day assassins is surley missed. By me atleast. It kepts a consistent update on the progress of the game in a more interesting way than this game did by far. But as I said thats just me. Graphics: Not amazing. It looks the same to me. That was until I played brotherhood and I did notice some differences but nothing drastic.

Overall, Good story, great gameplay and a deep soundtrack that works well as always in this series. Whatever Ubisoft does for the next game better have some drastic changes. Otherwise it's gonna end up being panned by followers of the series as MW3 was.
  11. Dec 6, 2011
    I played all assassins creed game but this game really disappoints me.After i finished brotherhood which amazed me lot i was expecting much more from this game.I completely agree with ibash comment that "Probably the most unnecessary sequel of the year, this game feels like it only exists because, well, there had to be another AC game this year".

The game is very similar to Assasins creed

The game is very similar to Assasins creed 1.I was really enjoying in completing all viewpoints in past assassins creed game bcoz once u reach at top at time of examining viewpoint there was a great background music but in this game no music is there during examining viewpoint.I really believe in background music as it plays an important part in success of game and it happens with heavy rain.
  12. Nov 20, 2011
    The problem with Assassin's Creed games is that the fans are divided about the game-play. Some of them would like to see a bundle of new changes that they believe will ultimately make the game better, whilst another group simply want a few minor additions and clean ups but for the game-play to remain primarily the same. In my opinion, more additions and clean ups could have beenThe problem with Assassin's Creed games is that the fans are divided about the game-play. Some of them would like to see a bundle of new changes that they believe will ultimately make the game better, whilst another group simply want a few minor additions and clean ups but for the game-play to remain primarily the same. In my opinion, more additions and clean ups could have been implemented into the game, such as the annoying moments when Ezio seems to leap off in another direction to the one I actually wanted him to go in to be sorted, but I do not want a full revamp each time. This game remained a little too similar to the previous titles in combat and movement, and so those would be my negatives. My one and only other negative would be the story, as there aren't many obvious 'revelations' in the story, as none of my important questions were answers, and all that does remain in the repetitive storyline are a few weak explanations about some of the character's pasts. However, I have to say that Ubisoft have done fantastic work on Constantinople, and have made a new vibrant and beautiful city to observe and explore, which feels more alive than the previous games. On the whole, I would say that AC Revelations is a decent entry into an amazing franchise, but the story is too confusing and not interesting enough to attract any fans outside of the already established fan base. Expand
  13. Nov 18, 2011
    I'm a little disappointed, but overall, still enjoyed the game. I dont regret buying it, but I'm not sure it will remain on my shelf long. I'd like a little more new ideas next time!
  14. Nov 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is one hell of a big game. I think it will take months to fully enjoy its amazing game world filled with interaction, elements of endless fun. However, everything except amazing map is a little bit of same. Gameplay wise, it is just a bit of the same from AC2. Graphics is probably same, let alone maybe even worse. Story? Story is solid. Nothing exceptionally amazing, but will keep you watching your monitor for some time. It is easy to tell they are hitting up the top of what they can achieve with this series. They can just now continue to release products like this, which is for me, very very sad. Expand
  15. Nov 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A game like Revelations needs a Beginning, middle and end.. After a fantastic start to this highly anticipated game..it is easy to get immediately drawn into the interesting prospects of Constantinople, but this is where it goes wrong, this city is not nearly as beautiful and appealing as Rome. Apparently throwing in ziplines on several rooftops to use the newly equipped hookblade is enough to deem this an improvement. Sadly no. I myself was looking forward to this game after an excellent trailer, but after the gripping opening hour within Masyaf, I found myself plloughing through the story extremely quickly merely just to progress the Altair and Desmond saga, altairs story clearly holds this game together but I was disappointed in Ezios progression, very little was there for him to actually be a part of and this saddened me as he was arguably the most favorable character of the series and it was only through watching the 'Embers' short that we realise the fate of our hooded hero, in the game he seems to be thrusted into a severely premature ending. There was no build or momentum and i felt robbed for completing a relatively mediocre story. The redeeming qualities of this game is the beginning few sequences which keep us in a forward motion..the graphics are as good if not better than they've ever been and it was good to relive Altair again..but as an avid Assassin fan..I'm glad I finished the stories of two unforgettable heroes, but sorely disappointed at the lifelessness of Constaninople and the anti-climax of such a revering story. Expand
  16. Apr 6, 2012
    Overall, not a bad experience, but its a step back from AC2 and ACB. The main problem for me is that the story is very poorly paced. The first sequence was very good, but then the game just went nowhere in the next 3 sequences. Also, Constantinople just doesn't have the the same beauty or atmosphere that Rome, Florence, Venice, or even the Holy Land in AC1 had. So it really doesn't makeOverall, not a bad experience, but its a step back from AC2 and ACB. The main problem for me is that the story is very poorly paced. The first sequence was very good, but then the game just went nowhere in the next 3 sequences. Also, Constantinople just doesn't have the the same beauty or atmosphere that Rome, Florence, Venice, or even the Holy Land in AC1 had. So it really doesn't make me want to go back. And finally, most of the missions feel very sloppy and untested compared to those in previous games. I really hope this game was just a blip, and that AC3 will be as glorious as AC2. Expand
  17. Jan 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In total, the game is okay... But i am not too sure of whether the story was good enough to actually be recognized as one of the Assassins Creed 2 sequels, i mean, it was an okay game, but it had only introduced bombs and a hook blade, makes climbing and stealth easier and all but it is not what i'd consider worth the prestigious title. Also the story line is no way near as captivating nor as thrilling as the others, i'm not sure if it is because Ezio has lost his charm or just with his age or poor story writing. The game i was looking most forward to the whole year. Expand
  18. Jan 23, 2012
    Bought the game last week and just finished it today. Its a good game, worth playing if you care about the series as a whole but you have to have the patience of a true Assassin's Creed fan. I find that after having played the 3 previous games, this feels like just another side game. Nothing different from Brotherhood-which as hardly a game in itself, more like Assassin's Creed 2.5. AtBought the game last week and just finished it today. Its a good game, worth playing if you care about the series as a whole but you have to have the patience of a true Assassin's Creed fan. I find that after having played the 3 previous games, this feels like just another side game. Nothing different from Brotherhood-which as hardly a game in itself, more like Assassin's Creed 2.5. At least they took the effort to rap up the stories of both Ezio and Altair, which I liked.
    I think they acknowledged its repetitive nature by trying to change it up a bit by making some (very minor) changes.
    Despite the fact they did obviously take a lot of effort with this game, and it does look have beautiful (graphics-wise), I did not connect to it the same way I connected to the first two games. Playing an older Ezio is not appealing, but at least it satisfied my curiosity as did seeing Altair again.
    Yes they do deserve credit for it every game they make but I feel this is hardly a true achievement at all. The only thing that keeps me from not bothering to get the next one is the fact that I am a fan of this series. I am very disappointed.
  19. Apr 4, 2012
    Just Dissapointing when u compare it with AC2 .Gameplay and mp is okay .all that's new is a hookblade?it was clearly released too early .graphics are good and other than that it is just an average game .You can just laugh when You compare it to games like skyrim or akhram city
  20. Apr 22, 2012
    The launch of an AC every year is to create fear in fans of the series because the series is beginning to show wear and lack of originality in narrative and game mechanics.
    Unfortunately this fear is well founded. AC Revelations further reduces the difficulty of the game-tornan so that it becomes less challenging ridiculous, especially by the addition pump.
    The narrative returns to the
    The narrative returns to the skin of Altair colocarnos during short sections, thus bringing an end both for the story of Altair and Ezio, leaving only conclude the story of Desmond (to be completed in AC III). Nevertheless the scenes with the Altair know little and are quite weak.
    Another downside turns out to be the match engine dated, continue despite the fighting fluid and visceral.
    AC Revelations (in contrast to CA-II) is the low point of the series, acabamdo by retreating to a 6, which despite being a median score shows the fall in the quality of AC.
  21. Jun 19, 2012
    Ubisoft dosent usually let me down but this time it did. New ideas are not always good ideas and this is proven by the new tower defense mode which becomes boring and lame. The story line is not interesting at all and the fighting style is still the same. This is what happens when they start making yearly games.
  22. Jul 7, 2012
    The game didn't really appeal to me, it lacks the charm I felt with it's predecessors. The story was barely interesting and it wasn't really gripping at any point. All I was carrying about was getting back to the library with the keys, it completely overshadowed Constantinople. The new gear and weapons seemed kind of hollow. I wasn't to crazy about the Hookblade, it makes traveling muchThe game didn't really appeal to me, it lacks the charm I felt with it's predecessors. The story was barely interesting and it wasn't really gripping at any point. All I was carrying about was getting back to the library with the keys, it completely overshadowed Constantinople. The new gear and weapons seemed kind of hollow. I wasn't to crazy about the Hookblade, it makes traveling much easier, and somehow it works in combat and can pierce your enemy without having a sharp and pointy end. Crafting bombs quickly became boring. Throwing them felt all wrong. Some of the cinematics were cheap and poorly made. The sections were boring and some unnecessary. The game itself needs more variation, it's boring to run into the same people when you take a walk around a corner or get stopped by the same beggar around Constantinople. When you are recruiting more assassins Ezio keeps repeating the same line over and over again. I am worried for the future Assassin's Creed games, because of the short amount of time Ubisoft has to develop them. The online surpasses the campaign which is a shame, what I'm interested in is the storytelling and the war that is going on between the assassins and the templars. I cherrish the numerous online modes. But it has an awful life consuming matchmaking. It's like they are focusing on the multiplayer. Expand
  23. Nov 23, 2012
    A good gameplay, even though there is not much good improvement outside of the bomb crafting. The graphics also begins to need a revamp. The story also felt like chronicles to Ezio's story more than a sequel. The big thing about this AC is the multiplayer, in fact: more game types, and less glitches than the Brotherhood version. In the end, buy it for the multiplayer, rent it for the singleplayer.
  24. Nov 20, 2011
    An excellent game that is the most complete Assassin's Creed yet, though not a big leap forward compared to Assassin's Creed 2 when it came out. The story concludes and there are some interesting twists here and there, but it is time for Ubisoft to reinvent themselves. Even though I enjoyed this game, quality over quantity will ensure much better games onwards.
  25. Nov 23, 2011
    I love the Assassins Creed series. Brotherhood was a surprise favorite of mine but AC2 still ranks as one of my all time favorite games. Revelations had alot to live up to, almost the entire original development team is gone from the last games and this would end the saga for Altair and Ezio. Sadly, it does not do what Brotherhood did, feel fresh. Brotherhood came in, having lowI love the Assassins Creed series. Brotherhood was a surprise favorite of mine but AC2 still ranks as one of my all time favorite games. Revelations had alot to live up to, almost the entire original development team is gone from the last games and this would end the saga for Altair and Ezio. Sadly, it does not do what Brotherhood did, feel fresh. Brotherhood came in, having low expectations, but gave me the city of Rome, which was beautiful, a story that was good but not too over the top, and a new multiplayer then i couldn't put down till i had mastered it. Revelations feels like Brotherhood with a new polish and a few tweaks, but not much after that. The graphics department is amazing, but sadly the rushed feeling is there. Cutscenes can have problems, such as sound lag and sometimes the sound would cut out altogether. The new hookblade though is a accepted addition, which i was hesitent at first, it made sense. Constantinople wasn't as "close to the ground" as Rome was historically, so they needed a way to get you up faster. Beyond the hookblade though, u wont be using the other new gadgets as much as they say you would. Bombs are cool, but not necessary. The story in this is excellent, Ezio is as much of a badass as an old man then he was in his younger years. The characters are more likable and memorable, but in all it almost feels like it is the same thing as Brotherhood. You are still looking for new assassins to join the cause and you need to take down the Templar Order. What sets it apart though, and ultimately more fun, is the inclusion of Altair. It is also worth mentioning that Assassins Creed 1 is included in the Ps3 version for free, but only if you have the space on your hardware to hold it and if you really want to, this does not come with trophies and is a totally different game than its younger siblings. Anyway, Altair's story is continued and you find out what happend after the events of the first game with improved combat and new voice that fits the timeframe then the American one did in 07. Finally there is Desonds story, which as before is not as fun as his ancestors but this time comes with a twist. He is stuck in the Animus and needs to conclude his ancestors stories before he can get out. Finding collectibles in the main story that act like feathers and flags did in past games unlock new first-person sections that are ok at best, not amazing but a nice break of pace. The final part to this game is the muliplayer, which while still fun, isnt the same feeling. For some unknown reason they decided to take some of the old maps from Brotherhood and cut them in half for new modes, which while the modes are cool, i would have liked to see how stealthy you can get in a larger map. The new chracaters are fun to play as, but it needs a patch to fix them always doing the same kill, walking up and stabbing them in the chest. All characters do it and its as much eye candy and badass as a unique kill. All in all this game is a good deal for a PS3 owner, you get in essence 3 games, the main one, assassins creed 1, and its multiplayer, which has a storyline all of its own. Sadly, this isnt as fresh as Brotherhood was, and feels like if Ubisoft had given themselves more time on it than just a year this could have been a much better game. Expand
  26. Jan 9, 2015
    Before moving on to a new protagonist in AC3 we were give "Revelations" as a way to conclude the chapters of Ezio and the criminally under-appreciated Altair. It's a fun experience, but rather than taking any risks with the series or adding anything new the developers decided to give us more of the same. Combine that with the admittedly weak story and you have a game that feels like fillerBefore moving on to a new protagonist in AC3 we were give "Revelations" as a way to conclude the chapters of Ezio and the criminally under-appreciated Altair. It's a fun experience, but rather than taking any risks with the series or adding anything new the developers decided to give us more of the same. Combine that with the admittedly weak story and you have a game that feels like filler meant to hold you over, rather than the next big game in the series.

While the writing is overall solid Ezio's part really didn't need to be told. It's a rather uninteresting chapter, and the only thing it actually serve to do for the universe is let people know who he settled down with. Honestly it could have just focused on Altair as his story elements are actually interesting, although sadly brief. They also serve to move the fiction ahead, as well as show some real character moments. Something Ezio's does not.

The modern day part of the series suffers from the same thing as far as writing goes. It opens gamers up to a little more of who Desmond is as a person, but that's about it. It's a filler story just like Ezio's. However they make up for that by including some interesting gameplay for the modern day sections. Some interesting first-person levels that rely on light puzzles and navigation obstacles. It's the first time this series has done anything interesting gameplay-wise with the modern day tale. However the need to track down collectables in the assassin chapters in order to access these levels may turn some off. I personally found them worth it.

As far as the core gameplay as an assassins goes it's almost entirely the same experience as Brotherhood. The only real new additions are a "hook blade" that enhances platforming ability and a pseudo-tower defense mini-game. Nothing else really new here. Same goes for the multiplayer.

This lack of change means that it's still guaranteed to be a fun experience for those who enjoyed the last entry, but it also means that there's nothing all that exciting going on here. I didn't do any of the side-content because I had already done it all before. This lack of change means that this feels more like an expansion pack to Brotherhood, rather than another full-fledged entry in the series.

In conclusion this is very much a filler chapter in the series. There is no innovation here and the majority of the plot elements feel throwaway. However that does not mean it's a bad game. Quite the opposite really. The core gameplay that makes the series so enjoyable for so many is still in place, so it's always a fun experience. One that any AC fan should play. Just don't expect anything you haven't seen before.

My total score for the game is a 7.5/10.
  27. Mar 16, 2012
    big fan of the assassins creed series and this game was okay, but its definitely the worst one there has been. i did enjoy completing it but i feel the storyline was a bit random and wasnt really needed. I feel ubisoft are just padding out this series to make as much money as they can...
  28. Jan 27, 2012
    Another year, another Assassin's Creed installment! However, Ubisoft have to start treading carefully because they are in danger of ruining what is an awesome franchise by churning out a game every year. I picked this game up at Christmas and I'll be honest I was left wondering what the point of buying the game was? AC2 was an amazing game, period! Brotherhood added a multiplayer/onlineAnother year, another Assassin's Creed installment! However, Ubisoft have to start treading carefully because they are in danger of ruining what is an awesome franchise by churning out a game every year. I picked this game up at Christmas and I'll be honest I was left wondering what the point of buying the game was? AC2 was an amazing game, period! Brotherhood added a multiplayer/online mode, the question is what did AC:R bring? Closure, well supposedly. The story picks up from the shock end of Brotherhood. Sadly, from there it doesn't really do anything different from it's predecessor's. The map for instance seems really small compared to the previous outings which ultimately means less area's to explore. And the same can be said of the length of the game which for AC is genuinely short and tragic. You used to be able to expect an engrossing and immersive story but they fall tragically short with this installment. It's as if they have totally forgot about Ezio. Altair was a good character but to put more focus on him, I was surprised and a little disappointed. You'd think that by bringing Ezio's and Altair's stories to a close they would leave you a lot to explore but that's not the case. Gameplay is familiar but too repetitive, there is nothing new or inventive introduced which is a darn shame because it becomes predictable. The cinematic cut scenes if anything just frustrate you at times. They used to be important and play a huge part and interesting however now they are there just to try and add adrenaline to encourage you to carry on, they no longer seem to hold major importance. The ending isn't what I expected and I was left under-impressed to say the least but what it does leave is an opportunity to change everything and re=boot the series because it's what it is desperately lacking, it needs a new focus, new characters and new ideas to return itself to past glory. In conclusion if your new to AC you'll love this but if you have followed the series from the start you will be left feeling short-changed because its the same old predictable things and very much a familiar feeling, it's like watching a repeat of your favorite show except this time round you've noticed something you didn't before. Ubisoft have to learn from their mistakes if the AC franchise is to get back to it's best! Expand
  29. Dec 13, 2012
    Let me start by saying that I am a fan of this franchise. Obisoft has done some great things in developing the series since the first iteration, which I think most can agree was disappointing. The greatest part of these games are historical details that are included. Exploring the great ancient cities and seeing the large sites and sounds was what I played for. Sometimes just wanderingLet me start by saying that I am a fan of this franchise. Obisoft has done some great things in developing the series since the first iteration, which I think most can agree was disappointing. The greatest part of these games are historical details that are included. Exploring the great ancient cities and seeing the large sites and sounds was what I played for. Sometimes just wandering the streets until I found another "tourist attraction" to learn about. This game has brought that but the lustre has gone.
    THE BAD BAD: They have introduced a system where you must defend your clan bases from the Templars attract. This amounts to a simple, and yet frustrating, tower defence mini game. THIS IS THE WORST PART OF THE GAME. The only other negative I have found is the lack of good change this game provides. This game feels too similar to the past versions for it to stand out.
    Please don't do what COD is doing with there annual releases. Spend some time creating something worth buying. I will forever wait for the reviews before buying another AC game.
  30. Jul 24, 2012
    Well when I got the game I had high hopes. Then when I played the game those hopes faded. The game is beutiful and has a pretty good story. Although the characters in the game seem a little dull. A big down side to the game is that there wasn't much introduced that was new. Sure the Assassins Creed saga is innovative but it hasn't changed much. This game didn't really have much that couldWell when I got the game I had high hopes. Then when I played the game those hopes faded. The game is beutiful and has a pretty good story. Although the characters in the game seem a little dull. A big down side to the game is that there wasn't much introduced that was new. Sure the Assassins Creed saga is innovative but it hasn't changed much. This game didn't really have much that could draw me back to playing. The story was good but wasn't exciting and deep. The gameplay got repetitive once I played it for a while. There just wasn't anything interesting going on in the game. It took me literally a month to finish the game because I wasn't very interested in it after a while of playing. I don't know what I is with this Assassins Creed but it's lacking. I'll give it a 7/10 but I would prefer playing the first and second games before considering to buy this one. Expand
  31. May 22, 2012
    Oh how I wish the Assassins Creed games had just decided to create a story in the specific time period in which Ezio and Altair were based, as opposed to these Desmond shenanigans. But let bygones be bygones. This game is fun, but doesn't bring much new features to the table (besides the crossbow and hookshot, though these aren't enough to blow your mind). The game has some impressive setOh how I wish the Assassins Creed games had just decided to create a story in the specific time period in which Ezio and Altair were based, as opposed to these Desmond shenanigans. But let bygones be bygones. This game is fun, but doesn't bring much new features to the table (besides the crossbow and hookshot, though these aren't enough to blow your mind). The game has some impressive set pieces that are entertaining to play, and the city of Constantinople and the characters throughout are pretty well realized. I am looking forward to the new iteration, Assassins Creed 3, with its new game engine and Wilderness features. This is exactly what the series needs to feel fresh, if not revolutionary Expand
  32. Nov 20, 2011
    I really wanted to love this game. I had a lot of anticipation for it after greatly enjoying Brotherhood, but it kind of disappointed me. A lot of the things I loved from it's predecessor was either taken out and/or changed for the worse. For example, the map feels smaller and more cramped. I completed all of the synchronization points within about 2 hours. There are no open fieldI really wanted to love this game. I had a lot of anticipation for it after greatly enjoying Brotherhood, but it kind of disappointed me. A lot of the things I loved from it's predecessor was either taken out and/or changed for the worse. For example, the map feels smaller and more cramped. I completed all of the synchronization points within about 2 hours. There are no open field whatsoever, and they completely took out the ability to ride horses. The gameplay is basically exactly the same as Brotherhood (the hookblade adds nothing, and frankly bombs don't change the way you play much.) Now on to the good things: The story is complex and intriguing, the cut-scenes have reached new cinematic heights, character models and buildings graphics are looking better than ever, and tons new is added to the multiplayer. Overall I give it a buy, but to an Assassin's Creed fan like me it may disappoint you. One last note - I don't think they should be releasing a title every year. Look at Skyward Sword and Skyrim, there predecessors were released five years ago, and those are two of the best games I have ever played. Expand
  33. May 15, 2014
    This is the last of the Ezio series of games, and strangely not set in Italy. Ezio has decided to travel to Turkey, with a very different aesthetic and a lot of minor changes to the game-play.
    For one, the horse-in-town feature of Rome has now been dropped in favour of a 'hook-blade' which allows you to traverse the rooftops quickly in various different ways. I personally didn't enjoy this as much as previous ways of exploring games, and found the speed-climb mechanic to a bit unpredictable and frustrating at times. However, it's manageable and doesn't break the game, so changes the pace enough to be new. There are still tunnels - ala Brotherhood - for internal fast-travel but found the game was so close-knit that long distance wasn't necessary until going for the 'extra collectables'.
    I found myself missing the Glyphs, and Puzzles which were ditched for Polo Symbols side -missions, which weren't challenging or particularly rewarding.
    The over-arching narrative of the Animus is basically an after-though for most of this game. With interaction with Subject 16 which gives very little in terms of plot development, and over-hearing the 'outside world' which gives even less plot development.

The ending more than makes up for the downfalls of the game. and while I found the main story of the Saladin and co a little uninteresting, the story of Sofia and the new Turkish 'brotherhood' kept my interest.

The addon features of this game is vast and cluttering of the game. Instead of shop quests we now have bomb making, which is interesting, but barely needed, aside from a single mission there is no need for these bombs at all, and with the continued methods of distracting guards, there is no real need for bombs as distraction techniques. However, I found myself using them just for the sake of it, and definitely prefer this to Shop Quests, but would prefer neither.

Then you have Assassin Defence, which is just a Tower Defence mini-game, which would've worked better as an Android/iOS game than a mini-game, as again, aside from the force game mission introducing it, I never saw it again. The only way to trigger it is to keep your Templar Status at max for a long period of time, but this makes the rest of the game unnecessarily harder, and then just serves to distract as you're left running around defending the dens. Similarly the Assassin Recruits being sent to to capture and defend various cities around the world is a weak and under-developed feature of the game, and aside from 'levelling up' Assassin Recruits, it just serves as another poor mini-game, which can't even be completed 100% without being forced into the weak multiplayer world.

Templar Tombs are basically dropped from this game, and Ezio's charm is watered-down a lot in this game. But again, the ending makes up for the short-comings and is still definitely worth playing.
  34. Jan 10, 2013
    Though not quite as compelling as the previous Ezio adventures, "Assassin's Creed: Revelations" is still a fun entry into the series and a fitting, poigniant end to the Ezio trilogy.

The game adds few new gameplay features to the series, but it's ok. This is clearly a game made for the die-hard fans of the series (of which, I am one) and the die-hards will find a lot to love here.
  35. Feb 4, 2013
    If assassins creed brotherhood was AC 2.5 then this is AC 2.75. The jump between this game and brotherhood is minuscule and many of the new ideas introduced are unnecessary or annoying. First off the reason I give this game a 7 and not a 5 or 6 is that assassins creed 2's gameplay holds up very well and is still very fun. I also like the hookblade even if it just makes free-running moreIf assassins creed brotherhood was AC 2.5 then this is AC 2.75. The jump between this game and brotherhood is minuscule and many of the new ideas introduced are unnecessary or annoying. First off the reason I give this game a 7 and not a 5 or 6 is that assassins creed 2's gameplay holds up very well and is still very fun. I also like the hookblade even if it just makes free-running more fun. The multiplayer is improved slightly but it has less of a jump between brotherhood and this game than most call of duty's do. The main problems come in the fact the game goes through periods of amazing action set pieces such as chasing a chariot or escaping burning ships and boring missions where you simply follow someone around for a while and fight a couple of enemies. This made the game drag on and bore me at many points. The story also while tying up altair's story from the original game, ezio's feels unfinished and to see the true finale you have to watch a short film sold separately. Also the tower defense portion of the game while being extremely unnecessary did not annoy me as I only had to do it once for the tutorial so I don't think its as much of a problem as most reviewers make it out to be. Desmond's sections however are boring and out of place portal style puzzles that have no place in an assassins creed game. Expand
  36. Feb 19, 2013
    I must say I was expecting more in Ezio's last chapter in Assassin's Creed but I was satisfied playing the story, a few new features that Ubisoft tries to present as improvements prove to be little more than annoyances that made the game less entertaining
  37. May 1, 2013
    Revelations is a good game and a few gameplay changes have been made for the better such as the hookblade. In addition the combat is refined and the Janassary guards offer a good challenge. The problem is the story which just isn't as engaging as previous games and constantinople is a good open world but doesn't feel as good as Rome in Brotherhood. The Multiplayer is better than before butRevelations is a good game and a few gameplay changes have been made for the better such as the hookblade. In addition the combat is refined and the Janassary guards offer a good challenge. The problem is the story which just isn't as engaging as previous games and constantinople is a good open world but doesn't feel as good as Rome in Brotherhood. The Multiplayer is better than before but single player is the main distraction of the game and its good but just not to Brotherhood's level Expand
  38. Sep 21, 2013
    I'm a big fan of the AC series but this one was a let down for me. It was a good ending to the story of Ezio, but the problem was that the game felt too much like Brotherhood so there wasn't really anything new to offer. Same goes with multiplayer, recycled maps from Brotherhood and no different game modes. Regardless of this, I still enjoyed the game and it's storyline, as I lovedI'm a big fan of the AC series but this one was a let down for me. It was a good ending to the story of Ezio, but the problem was that the game felt too much like Brotherhood so there wasn't really anything new to offer. Same goes with multiplayer, recycled maps from Brotherhood and no different game modes. Regardless of this, I still enjoyed the game and it's storyline, as I loved Brotherhood, but it was unfortunate that nearly no gameplay elements were changed. Expand
  39. Nov 8, 2014
    Unfortunately Revelations doesn't live up. It was definitely rushed to meet some sort of deadline, either that or they deliberately made it short and empty to build up hype for AC III. Because the game *is* short, while all previous installments where at least 20 hours long I barely spent hours on it. The first big problem with Revelations is the severe lack of actual assasinations - IUnfortunately Revelations doesn't live up. It was definitely rushed to meet some sort of deadline, either that or they deliberately made it short and empty to build up hype for AC III. Because the game *is* short, while all previous installments where at least 20 hours long I barely spent hours on it. The first big problem with Revelations is the severe lack of actual assasinations - I don't think you actually get to assassinate more than four people. While this was also the case in the ACII and Brotherhood, at least there you had the "Assassination contract" sub-quests which were interesting and gave you something to do outside the main storyline. They are no assassination sub-quests in Revelation. The level design isn't perfect either - in at least two occasions I found it easier to die in the middle of a mission because the game respawned me at a convenient location and/or guards were missing. The "Den defence" tasks are okay I suppose but they kind of feel like a chore.

Another big problem: the game looks positively weird on the PS3. You'll notice it immediately -it looks like some weird kind of fog at first but it turns out, buildings and roads actually reflect the sky. Literally. There's no other way to describe it. It's like the city is a lake, and you can see the clouds and the color of the sky in it. It looks like a giant mirror and the result is super weird. There are audio bugs as well - sometimes the sound stops for a second. The game even crashed on me twice and I lost good progress - this is unacceptable for a console AAA title.
    Overall this game is a disappointment and the worst of the series so far. That's not to say it's a bad one. If you've played the previous AC titles you kind of have to play it, and you can find it pretty cheap these days.
  40. Aug 12, 2014
    A rather needless entry in the series, served mainly as filler in order to get their game-every-year quota out. The new mechanic of tower defence is an unnecessary side quest, and the "out of the animus" sections as Desmond serve very little purpose bar scraps of information on his past.
  41. Aug 12, 2014
    Assassin's Creed : Revelations
    Game-play:The same as the previous 2 games
    Story:An average story but in the end the game conclude very good a very good ending for the protagonists Ezio and Altair.It takes about 8 to 9 hours Graphics:It haven't been improved from AC2 Notes:The hookblade is awesome,the same mistake as brotherhood only one city but this time the city is well made and fun
    Assassin's Creed : Revelations
    Game-play:The same as the previous 2 games
    Graphics:It haven't been improved from AC2
    Notes:The hookblade is awesome,the same mistake as brotherhood only one city but this time the city is well made and fun to explore,better than AC brotherhood,i recommend to buy it when the price drops
  42. Oct 13, 2014
    After having experienced the wonders of AC II and Brotherhood, my expectations were high. However, Ubisoft wanted to evade the challenge factor of it's ancestors and also Tower Defense.
    6/10 - Ben Hazelden
  43. Jan 15, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Being the forth instalment of the series, Assassins creed:Revelations brings some beautiful elements to the table, but leaves a bitter taste at the end.

First of the graphics have been improved over Brotherhood. Also the story seams more engaging than Brotherhood. Some neat elements have been reintroduced like capturing territory, training assassins and sending them on missions across the Mediterranean sea. Two combat related element has been introduced: the hook blade and granade construction. One mechanic does seem to cause some matter of discontent across players......the den defence system..

The story takes Ezio on his last journey. Storytelling is great for the most part, but some missions tend to feel forced and some dialogues aren't as good as in some of ACR predecessors. The ending seamed rushed, but well explained.

The combat more or less stayed the same....Easy.
  44. Jun 30, 2015
    After AC II and Brotherhood Ubisoft definitely underachieved with this game. The story isn't really interesting anymore. Ezio is charming as ever, but the story isn't. And once again the game is quite short. Also the game's present day is getting weirder and weirder.

Disappointment after AC II and Brotherhood

(I played this when it came out, I'm just now writing the review)

1. Jan 19, 2012
    Assassin's Creed Revelations will satisfy those who are looking for more of the same but if you're expecting some major innovations, prepare to be disappointed. Revelations isn't a bad game, but the experience no longer feels fresh.
  2. The story is so meandering. [Jan 2012, p.76]
  3. Jan 3, 2012
    In the end, Revelations mostly feels like a step backwards that was probably rushed to market just to satisfy the need for a yearly installment.