Assassin's Creed PlayStation 3

7.3

1. AndrewL
    Oct 24, 2009
    It's funny how this game works. There's no doubt it is tedious, but no game is as much fun in bursts. You can play, love it, and stop. Then in a month you will pick it up again and play, love it, and stop. It's weird how the game does this, but I think our attention spans as humans don't last as long as they should. Running away from guards is so much fun, awesome It's funny how this game works. There's no doubt it is tedious, but no game is as much fun in bursts. You can play, love it, and stop. Then in a month you will pick it up again and play, love it, and stop. It's weird how the game does this, but I think our attention spans as humans don't last as long as they should. Running away from guards is so much fun, awesome music plays behind you as you bolt up walls and try to get away from them. It's a must have title and I'm glad its a release title with the PS3 Slim, that way newcomers to the PS3 can get a taste of what next gen games should be. A few years after its release and it still stands above most titles, both graphics and gameplay wise. Expand
  2. assanssinscreed
    Nov 24, 2007
    Brilliant animation, enormous cities, not enough sneakiness, too much talking! Stealth action at its best! Buy It!
  3. Nick
    Nov 26, 2007
    Chris is right. most reviews have to race through the game anfd i also take it one step at a time. If u play it slowly you will definately love this game.
  4. Jul 18, 2012
    What a Tremendous game! From the high flying acrobats to the Medieval charm this is one hell of a game! This Franchise has caught my eye and I am hooked! All I can say is wow, what a way to start of a series with a bang!
  5. Aug 17, 2012
    ASSASSIN'S CREED simply take you in the history. I liked the game play because one can feel himself as part of history and I really like the way how they portrait ancient civilization. Best Game if you love history and video games both :)
  6. Nov 13, 2012
    absolutely great game, no doubts. i pity the poor haters among us...
  7. Apr 3, 2013
    Assassin's Creed Good Points: The introduction of parkour (or free running)Assassin's Creed Good Points: The introduction of parkour (or free running) to videogames, and being able to interact with the environment. Combat, a bit frustrating for those who don't have agility with the controls. The idea of the animus, and struggle of Templars and Assassins for thousands of years. The hidden blade. The transformation of the main character, Altaïr. The mysterious atmosphere. Well constructed story. Massive cities, and the fluid, realistic people. Very nice graphics for the moment. Soundtrack. Bad Points: Very long cinematics, can get the player very, very, bored. The limited inventory. Not being able to enter the city with the horse. Present day was boring, you had to walk and go to sleep, to then get back to the animus. Getting chased by guards, for only touching them. Final Score: Assassin's Creed is a fun game, with a lot of nice ideas, but ideas that were not fully completed. It posses a story and background story very interesting, and the gameplay was nice but it could be really frustrating at times. Average Score: 8.2 Expand
  8. jimb
    Oct 27, 2009
    An absolute marvel of a game. Should've been Game of the Year!
  9. Anonymous
    Jan 2, 2008
    Besides the jumbled up storyline its open world environment was breathtaking and gameplay is respectable going around jumping and climbing using some of ubisofts great prince of persia mechanics but there is still more room for the future sequel and prequel we will hopefully see.
  10. BobW.
    Jan 7, 2008
    A mavelous game. Beautiful, huge settings, and an excellent story line.
  11. SteamZ.
    Jan 7, 2008
    Great Game, would be better if I can skip through sence.
  12. JH
    Jan 1, 2008
    Another great game to come out from '07, engaging story and a graphical marvel. The game play may be repetitive but this is truly a sandbox game.
  13. DavidH.
    Jan 14, 2008
    Fantastic game with great story, immersive and varied combat, gourgerous graphics, if a little repetative.
  14. MarkP.
    Jan 26, 2008
    This is a great game. These negative reviews on here don't do it justice. May be repetitive but the graphics and movement options are awesome. Climb, ride, jump, I am addicted. This game rocks!!
  15. PeterV.
    Jan 30, 2008
    The gameplay is solid and the story is engaging and interesting. There is a myriad of ways to tackle each mission making for a decent replay factor. The only hang up is that the game ocassionaly locks up. other than that its a great game and i can't wait for the second installment
  16. StevenC.
    Jan 3, 2008
    Environments are huge, game play is fun though previous comments about the repetitiveness is justified. I found the graphics to be quite good. Solid game overall.
  17. JamieS.
    Feb 12, 2008
    Really good game, and so far my fav. for the PS3. Great graphics, interesting storyline with a fantastic combat system. Which other game has such a varied way of killing someone? 3 blades and your fists. Each with various different kill shots. I never once got bored of the assassination missions and a person mentioned the fact that you COULD do stealth or you could just butcher everyone. Really good game, and so far my fav. for the PS3. Great graphics, interesting storyline with a fantastic combat system. Which other game has such a varied way of killing someone? 3 blades and your fists. Each with various different kill shots. I never once got bored of the assassination missions and a person mentioned the fact that you COULD do stealth or you could just butcher everyone. Well I chose the former for every assassination and maybe that is why you didnt enjoy the game... you are an assassin, not the terminator. Come in from the roof, kill your target and leave with out being seen... brilliant. Expand
  18. SamR.
    Feb 16, 2008
    It is an incredibly realistic game. The climbing is brilliant and it is great to just run across the roof tops. The fighting is very well done especially the counter attacks
  19. BryanS.
    Mar 8, 2008
    Unique story, great animations, and fun gameplay = Great game! Missions can get repetitive, but it doesn't make the game suffer that much, since you aren't forced to complete all of them if you choose not to.
  20. Jared
    Jul 16, 2008
    Come on people give it good reviews so it gets a non-repetitive sequel with splitscreen co-op. Anyway I thought this game was fun the 1st time around but not the 2nd time because the reason i didn't stop playing the 1st time was because I liked the story. The graphics are excellent and you should buy if you like story-driven games. seriously ubi put splitscreen co-op in the sequel. Come on people give it good reviews so it gets a non-repetitive sequel with splitscreen co-op. Anyway I thought this game was fun the 1st time around but not the 2nd time because the reason i didn't stop playing the 1st time was because I liked the story. The graphics are excellent and you should buy if you like story-driven games. seriously ubi put splitscreen co-op in the sequel. It would be intense. Expand
  21. Stuart
    Aug 10, 2008
    Good gameplay, great controls. Gets a little repetitive. Skimming the roof tops while evading guards after a hit is when the game shines.
  22. BobtheBuilder
    Sep 30, 2008
    Not much you could really ask for, the game is repetitive but hey, why complain when your repeating brilliance. graphics are awesome and the fighting scenes are also amazing - a must have for fans of prince of Persia and ps3 owners alike.
  23. JeremyL.
    Nov 14, 2007
    Unbelievably original. Like GTA with brains and stealth. The environment is a "see it to believe it" type of thing.
  24. CarlosG.
    Nov 15, 2007
    The controls in this game are very smooth, from accessing horses to fighting to climbing and shuffling around. very pleased indeed! not so stilted like hitman and thief. also, a very good story to go with the game! 10 out of 10 from me!!
  25. BethB.
    Nov 15, 2007
    Tremendous gameplay value here, the fight mode is spectacular, the music is breathtaking, the controls and movements of Altair as he jumps from rooftop and climbs walls... This game is by far the best game available for the XBOX 360, hands down.
  26. MichaelO.
    Nov 19, 2007
    Excellent. I really enjoyed this game: the storyline is fun, the action is enticing, the fights are brilliant, and after you are done with it...you can still play and have fun.
  27. Chris
    Nov 19, 2007
    I love this game and i struggled to see why so many of the critics failed to agree with me and i think iv finally figured it out. Most reviewers have only one or two days to review a game, and one of the biggest apparent flaws with the game is that its a bit repetitive, but this is coming from people who have raced through the game to finish the story so they can meet the deadline for I love this game and i struggled to see why so many of the critics failed to agree with me and i think iv finally figured it out. Most reviewers have only one or two days to review a game, and one of the biggest apparent flaws with the game is that its a bit repetitive, but this is coming from people who have raced through the game to finish the story so they can meet the deadline for their review, and alot of good games get repetitive if you play them non-stop. Whereas me, i play my games for about an hour and a half then i go and do something else so this game has not as yet felt repetitive because when i put the disc in i look forward to workin towards the assassination. So, the bottom line is, i your a hardcore gamer who must finish his game as quickly as possible, give this title a rent or a miss, however if like most people, you stop gaming... you know... to sleep and stuff, little things like that, then this shud definately be on the top of your list. Expand
  28. TravB.
    Nov 25, 2007
    It is totally awesome. thought it is better on the ps3 than the xbox 360, xbox just does quite bad with this quality. i do own both systems. assassins creed is a must have.
  29. JoshuaB.
    Nov 30, 2007
    Great game innovotive and original.
  30. MeganF.
    Dec 19, 2007
    Solid running-on-rooftops, very decent combat system, but... the game is very, very easy, giving you no real reason to USE said combat system to its fullest extent, etc. Very enjoyable if you like sandbox games and can ignore general ease of gameplay, not so good if you go into this expecting Hitman, or something particularly challenging. Think Prince of Persia in a sandbox world, with Solid running-on-rooftops, very decent combat system, but... the game is very, very easy, giving you no real reason to USE said combat system to its fullest extent, etc. Very enjoyable if you like sandbox games and can ignore general ease of gameplay, not so good if you go into this expecting Hitman, or something particularly challenging. Think Prince of Persia in a sandbox world, with the difficulty cranked down a few notches. Expand

1. Its stunning visual style, high concept story, and wildly open level design are like nothing else, even if too much repetition begins to frustrate in the later hours. It’s a game people will still be talking about five years from now.
  2. With its riveting story, beautiful visuals and surprisingly lifelike world, Assassin's Creed is an incredibly deep, enjoyable game that kept us addicted from beginning to bizarre end.
    It attempts a lot of ambitious things and it almost succeeds at every one. But it's apparent that these grandiose ideas may have been a little too much to master the first go-round. But hey, at least the groundwork is laid for a killer sequel -- right, Ubisoft?