4.7

1. Flagmo-TTeamMoFF
    Oct 10, 2008
    Baja has got some willpower to listing to the Drivers, on how to develop this Game, That's what they have stated in one of the trailers, That sounds amazing, because it's not every day, that a game company have the will to listing to the ordiens, but they are hard to find, so if nobody can speak to them, then listing is easy ;) The Game has big issues on the graphical side, Baja has got some willpower to listing to the Drivers, on how to develop this Game, That's what they have stated in one of the trailers, That sounds amazing, because it's not every day, that a game company have the will to listing to the ordiens, but they are hard to find, so if nobody can speak to them, then listing is easy ;) The Game has big issues on the graphical side, I've never seen vegitations grow that fast, and Tarmac roads being created about 40 meters infront of you, while you drive on them, and further more, is this a FPS Kill kind of Race Game, the crossings over traffic is close to murder, and can't be realistic, it is ruin the idea of reality in my way of getting in to this game, I need to feel it, and get lifted when I spend time on Driving, because I have spend about 6 hours of Racing, 3 tracks at the time, and I really had a ball, I was even laughing some times of exitement, but again why kill the joy with sad coded landscapes, when that is one of the brilliants with this Title. The game has some, and it's the most important some! and it's a Offroad Race Simulator, they only need to focus on the Sim Racing Community, and let Motorstorm and pure and what ever other Race titles are all about, do there thing.. We need a update quick for the PS3 version ( I use PS3) First priority must be the graphical side, then Gameplay and more ideas, like Free settings for controls, I use a Logitech Driving Force GT, which is the latest logitech Wheel, It should be supported by this Game already, but i don't think they have been giving it some thought's, which is a very wrong thing, the new wheel has some Major improvements from all other Logitech Wheels. Well !! I see Big potential with this Game, but it isn't there yet, and I will gladly discuss it, because I have been waiting for this, since the first pip. Expand
  2. TimothyB.
    Sep 28, 2008
    If you start in beginner class, with the VW buggies, as you work your way to the others you will really appreciate the sense of speed and control you get from all the classes. 4x4 class is difficult, as these vehicles arent meant for constant race conditions, the class after 4x4 is the open wheel class, which as the game will tell you, is the first real high performance you will try to If you start in beginner class, with the VW buggies, as you work your way to the others you will really appreciate the sense of speed and control you get from all the classes. 4x4 class is difficult, as these vehicles arent meant for constant race conditions, the class after 4x4 is the open wheel class, which as the game will tell you, is the first real high performance you will try to master. From 1st person view, the speed sensation and higher level of stability kinda makes you feel like your in an f1 racer until you hit that whoop followed by a sloped turn causing you to adjust evry control available from the clutch to the e-brake to the thrttle control........Top Gear meets GT.....VERY well done! Collapse
  3. Feb 23, 2013
    First of all, this game has some really good physics. When you're driving down a straight, you hear the shock absorbers soaking up the bumps. You're really at the edge of control, even on straights. Many reviewers complain about this game being "too hard", but no, it isn't. This isn't a game where you're supposed to nail a race on your first try. You're supposed to learn the differentFirst of all, this game has some really good physics. When you're driving down a straight, you hear the shock absorbers soaking up the bumps. You're really at the edge of control, even on straights. Many reviewers complain about this game being "too hard", but no, it isn't. This isn't a game where you're supposed to nail a race on your first try. You're supposed to learn the different environments and know the courses. You should learn what speed you need to make that jump, and what line you should take through that corner.

The sponsorship feature of this game is also a neat thing, although not as good as the one in Racedriver: GRID, it still cuts it.

However, there are a few problems with this game. First off, the visuals are somewhat mediocre, and the FPS in the garage is very low, and also gave me a headache the first time I played. The FPS is quite good while actually driving though, so it isn't a massive problem.

The AI in this game is, in some areas, pretty good, but in others, pretty bad. It does feel like they're driving the same vehicle as you, and I couldn't tell if they were definitely faster/slower than you. They don't seem to be aware of each others presence, and often trade paint in the corners. One thing I do like about the AI, is that if you come up behind a slower vehicle in for example a rally event, you can use your horn, and they will most likely pull to the side and let you pass.

While this game has many weak areas, the overall experience for me was very good. This game is vastly impressive by such a small development team. In my opinion, a 8/10 is well deserved for this game.

TIP: I found driving in 3rd person nearly impossible, and really boring. Try driving in "Hood View", it really helped me a lot.

1. Every vehicle slides around every turn with an alarming lack of control. [Nov 2008, p.79]
    You are almost always riding the finest line between screaming along somewhat stably and totally losing it, and in that sense, Baja succeeds tremendously. Those kinds of stakes may not appeal to everyone, however, and the majority of people who tend to like finishing races may not need all of the incredible realism that an intense sim like Baja has to offer.
    At times, it’s an edge-of your seat experience that gives you a sense of accomplishment for sliding across the finish line in one piece. Other times, it’s a confounding mix of erratic handling, insane difficulty and drab repetition.