5.7

1. Oct 29, 2013
    To all those saying this game is rehashed or the same as BF3... Let's see:
    Levolution: THis basically getting a map switch mid-level, and YOU do it! or don't, that's up to the players, every map is almost two maps and it looks immense.
    Interactivity: Raise vehicle barriers, trap opponents in lifts and trains, destruction is overwhelming. EVERYTHING can get messed up and it is so much
    fun!
    Commander mode.. Play on the commute on your tablet? Hell yeah. You can even speak into your tabvet mic and people hear you in-game :D amazing!!
    64 vs 64..... no more need to be said here...
    Different classes and specialization trees: these are not minor tweaks, but sweeping changes
    I can go on and on but I am nearly off the train from my lunch break.
    Wake up haters, this is SO so much more than a reskinned BF3, this is a genuine evolvement and until you can show me a better FPS I am firmly in the 10 camp here.
    COD fans must be terrified, and it shows with these bogus, baseless reviews from people that clearly haven't even played BF4 yet.
    DICE FTW, take a bow guys.
  2. Oct 29, 2013
    Looks like the COD fan base is already hitting this. But I will say this much about this game. There is more change from BF3 to BF4 than there ever was in the past generation Of COD. You couldn't ask for a better game. One that requires Team Work, and not Run and gun.

Weapons this go around are spot on. Along with accurate audio and visuals you come to expect from BF 4 and then some.
    So far the campaign Is Steps ahead of last years and enough action to keep your heart beating rapidly. The multiplayer maps are huge Desert huge.. not the small sandbox COD likes to put you in. There is something here for everyone. Tanks, Jets, Helos, Dune buggies.. list can go on. You cant beat buying in on the current gen and upgrade to next gen and move stats with you. This has Polish, It Has content, and it has guns... well until the Prez tries to take our digital guns away. If you liked BF3 this is a no brainer. Buy BF4!... If you was on the fence about coming over to the land of Battlefield now would be a great place to start. Expand
  3. Oct 29, 2013
    a great game. the multiplayer is fun and require a good amount of teamwork or strategy to be good at. the modes are nice, although i kind of dislike obliteration. it's sort of like sabotage from call of duty, but on battlefield's bigger maps it's not very fun. the only bad part of this game is the single player. it's short and boring. but this is battlefield. battlefield games, with the exception of bad company 1 and 2, are based around multiplayer. i don't know why they even bothered putting in a single player though. it would've saved them time and money if they focused on the multiplayer itself. aside from this there are a few small glitches, but nothing major or game-breaking. Expand
  4. Oct 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Really great game! For those who are complaining that it's the same as bf3, then wait for next gen. versions, or just get a high-end gaming PC and play on ULTRA MEGA HIGH SUPER SETTINGS. Then you'll take back what you said. Of course, bf4 on ps3 will be limited, games are getting more and more demanding. QQ more and sell the game, we don't need you on the battlefield! :D Expand
  5. Oct 30, 2013
    horrible campaign ,but the multiplayer worth every penny. But i will recomend it more for PS4 and PC.
    Infinity Ward you can go suck the dick of DICE!!
  6. Nov 1, 2013
    oh my god the menu is so bad frick frick frick FRICK but everything else is so cool, like battlepacks feel like christmas, pistol attachments are new. the hit detection is not as good as bf3 but levolution is rad as heck
  7. Nov 2, 2013
    Battlefield 4 once again proves why We all love the battlefield games. Each time we get a better and more explosive gaming experience. This time around dice gave us a phenomenal gaming experience like none other. The core game is incredible the graphics is phenomenal the gameplay is addictive and explosive right from the start you get drawn into this incredible game. Battlefield 4 is a massive step up from battlefield 3 and has to be my favorite one thus far. Dice has done what COD can never achieve. If your a true fan of battle games I highly recommended this for you. All the negative reviews are either from people who have not played the game or is a COD fan. My friend battlefield 4 is a masterpiece. Expand
  8. Nov 1, 2013
    Bigger and better, Battlefield 4 evolves what we saw in Battlefield 3. An experience any fan of the series should try. Cod is for kids, battlefield is for the men.
  9. Nov 7, 2013
    Battlefield 3 being 3 my favourite game of all time before Battlefield 4 this will be a little bit biased but I found this game to an amazing piece of dice's work and so long as you don't go looking for any bugs you k
    will not find many and an all round masterclass of a game beating Call of Duty Ghosts by such a long way.
  10. Nov 1, 2013
    Got this game simply because I couldn't wait until the next-gen consoles are available. I've been enjoying BF series since BFBC 2 and have fallen in love with these games. Even on aging hardware, BFBC2 and then BF3 blew me away and consistently did so for the duration of my many hundreds of hours playing them. And BF4, even on aging hardware, has not disappointed. It's a riot! There are maps which reveal the system's age more than others.....conquest maps really spread the graphic rendering capacity thin. But, even so, the gun handling...the exquisite audio...the destruction...the epic feel of it all gelling smoothly together more than makes up for any graphical shortcomings. As it's been said a billion times before...."it's the gameplay that matters". That being said, nobody does FPS multiplayer gameplay like DICE and Battlefield. PS3 version easily gets a 9...and, from what I've seen, next gen and PC versions clear a 10 without breaking a sweat :D Expand
  11. Nov 2, 2013
    If you gave this game a 0-3 then slap yourself across the face. are you serous? Basically your reasoning behind it is that you didn't like the campaign and there were some visual problems on multiplayer. You don't give a multiplayer-based game a zero-3 for campaign, that's stupid and you should slap your self in the face again. If you gave it a low score for the visuals then you fail to understand how advanced this game is, our 8 year old ps3/360 hardware can't handle this game. DICE had the misfortune of making this game on current gen when it's CLEARLY a next gen game.

They've added A LOT of features and cool gameplay methods that left me so satisfied. If you play the game right then you would notice the difference between this Battlefield and the previous installment. If you gave it a low score from the gameplay aspect then you probably went into each match guns-a-blazing, which is not how you play. This is a tactical and strategic game and you simply can't bring your COD methods into it or you will fail.

I understand if you knock off a few points for the mediocre campaign and a few online glitches, but try to get it through your thick skulls that this is a next generation game. These problems won't occur on the right hardware. I can't WAIT to pick this up on PS4 where there will be 64 times more fun!
  12. Nov 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The most complete multiplayer FPS game out there. Audio, graphics, level design and levolution is just top class. 64-players epic battles with jets, boats and.. never mind. Goodbye family and friends, see you in the summer. Expand
  13. Nov 5, 2013
    Best BF game by far. Unlike COD you're seeing this outstanding shift away from the old mold into something completely (well not completely, but mostly) new. Graphics are outstanding, gameplay is otherworldly. Weapons and special features are mindblowing. Just generally a great game, and pretty damn original especially for an EA game.
  14. Nov 3, 2013
    Another masterpiece by DICE (the multiplayer that is)... can't wait for the PS4 version to bring the game's full potential to the fore... on PS4 it's going to be a 10/10 for me

Hope we can see this type of brilliance with Star Wars Battlefront (going to be game of the century with DICE's involvement
  15. Nov 7, 2013
    I played the game on PC but no doubt on consoles it is a setback for the graphics but it still plays very well and the multiplayer is really fun campaign is short but it is a nice addition but the multiplayer is excellent and if you are look to upgrade it to the ps4 definitely do so it is worth it
  16. Nov 19, 2013
    I felt that this game deserves much better praise than what it has been given from the user reviews. Battlefield 4 is in no way a rehash of 3, it is in fact a definite improvement. For being the original "levolution" creator (Not Infinity Ward), DICE has been able to dynamically change the field in which you play. The player progression has gotten a total overhaul, with weapon usage unlocking newer weapons. This allows player to stick with what they like, while gaining that progression, and only trying out new weapons if they want to.

No one can expect the game to run flawlessly within the first month of release. And as multiplayer games become more and more complex, they WILL have those issues. DICE does a great job on staying on top of the problems that arise. They practically fixed their DDoS attack in less than 24 hours, and they continuously pay attention to what is going on within the community and correcting missed mistakes, no matter how many there may be.

I'm giving BF4 a 10 because they have proven, even if not to everyone, but at least to me, that they know what it takes to make a great FPS. CoD should not be the basis for what an FPS needs to look like. That's old news. That idea needs to evolve. And DICE may not accomplish it with BF4, but this clearly shows that they are on the right track.
  17. Nov 15, 2013
    Somehow it just didnt have the impact that BF3 had when it launched with big maps etc. Graphics on PS3 were a little bit...MOHW and end game of BF3....probably not the same people who put the original BF3 together. Still an awesome game and even more so now captures the essence of team play then its predecessor. I cant wait to see the PS4 version.
  18. Nov 1, 2013
    One of the best shooters of this generation. The campaign is short but sweet and the multiplayer is probably the most fun I have had playing a shooter on the Playstation 3.
  19. Nov 9, 2013
    Superb game after dice fixes some bugs balance issues this will be 10/10 game

Great infantry play great vehicles weapon vehicle camos bring variety.
  20. Nov 4, 2013
    Damn I guess a bunch of 12 year old cod fans found out how to create a metacritic account. Sure the singleplayer is short and not the greatest but seriously a 4. Now on to the review. Gameplay is easier than in bf3 but the customization for the weapons isnt the best. And at times the graphics show the age of the ps3. And my playstation has frozen SIX times in 2 days and before that my ps3 has only frozen twice. The maps are really good. And levolution is a huge new addition except for on the railway map. And if you have a squad that works with you the game is a hell of a lot of fun. Expand
  21. Nov 6, 2013
    BF4 is the game we've all been waiting for and until Titanfall drops in the spring, this is the premiere FPS to enjoy with friends and pwning noobs on. The campaign is enjoyable and a good prelude to the centerpiece of the game which is the team based multiplayer. Have fun tearing it up and doing it BIG! See you in game!
  22. Nov 2, 2013
    Battlefield 4 is a much improved shooter than its predecessor. With a new scope on tactical warfare that develops within each match creating a real life war feeling throughout. The menu system is pretty stupid but it manages to get the job done. Its time for a lobby system too, it's 2013 guys! Battlefield 3 managed to give player the feeling of destruction choas and bf4 increases this chaos level by 3. Destruction is massive and can be used tactically. Battlefield fans will enjoy this game for a while Expand
  23. Nov 2, 2013
    Great multiplayer. But seriously wtf is up with the campaign. Its locked my ps3 up twice and it will not save. I've restarted it 3 effin times now. EA. ..l.. to you.
  24. Nov 5, 2013
    Best FPS experience I've ever played and definitely the most realistic. The graphics are stunning for a 6 year old hard drive and graphics card. I love this game. BF4 beats COD Ghosts any day.
  25. Nov 7, 2013
    Although Origin is still a chore and what I REALLY wanted was something like Battlefield 2142, dems da breaks.

Been on a total bender playing recently. I left BF3 to collect dust a while ago and was totally pumped that this game reignited my inner killer. Call of Duty was always kinda meh to me and I think most people would agree that EA has the formula down for leading this genre.

My install was a little annoying, mainly because it was a little buggy and i don't have patience for that when I want to play so...bad. In about 20 hours of gameplay I have crashed to desktop twice. Well whaaa. I got over it and continue to enjoy the game.

Lots of harsh feedback from folks reminds me of the Diablo 3 debacle. Long story short, they made the game too different and predictably arouse a salty and modest population of people who feel wronged, and indignant. It's just the exact opposite here. Same population size, same bitterness, different gripe. One thing you can count on is that this type of QQ'ing will invariably occur whenever a company does something awesome initially, and tries to do something awesome again in the future. It's a long fall from the top of the food chain.

Lets talk about similarities between BF3 and BF4. Do they exist? Uh huh. Is it tangible to truly believe that there is so little variation between the two that BF4 has failed as a result of this? Only if you're blind.

Personally, I could justify paying the games retail price even if it WAS the EXACT same game with new maps but that's just me.

My advice, do yourself a favor and if you're kinda having a hard time accepting the fact that your awesome powerhouse computer is actually a 5 year old POS that wasn't even top-end during its heyday. Stay away from the game. It will only...hurt you more.

I have an Alienware M17x; a great rig but if a computer is two years old, that's like 60 in human years. I ain't gonna lie and say that there isn't some magical $#(T in the graphics settings I would dream to set on Ultra, but I can't. So I sign, maybe get a little misty eyed, play the game, and feel a lot better.
  26. Nov 8, 2013
    Where do I begin? This game is great... it has it's flaws but then again what game doesn't?

It feels "fresh" definitely different from bf3, so it'll take some time to get used to it. It's a faster paced game than bf3, and also it feels like you have less health in this game compared to bf3.

There's definitely more of a focus on teamwork which is great, that being said, not everyone
    is used to this teamwork mindset so it can be frustrating when you're on a bad squad. It also doesn't help that they removed the ability to squad up from the main menu (the biggest con in my book), still though it isn't that hard to join your friend's game. When you do get a good squad however you can really dominate, and when you have two teams with good squads going head to head the gameplay gets really intense and exciting.

It seems more realistic. If you shoot your gun and still have 15 bullets in the clip but decide to reload so you don't run out of bullets in your next firefight you lose those 15 bullets that were in the clip.

There are lots of people are complaining about hit detection, and I've only found that to be true about one class of guns LMGs(At least the first few, later guns are pretty good). I feel therer's more of a focus on picking your shots as opposed to spray and praying. If you have enough skill to shoot short bursts at a time, you'll kill your enemy. If you want to just aim in direction of an enemy and hold R1 trying to get a kill, thanks for giving me 100 points.

The classes have stayed the same (Assault, Engineer, Support, Recon) but every class has different options now.

Assault now has to earn their defibulator and charge it, yes I said CHARGE IT... It also has limited uses and you don't have as much time to revive teammates (which works hand in hand with gameplay centered more on teamwork, no more running across the whole map and reviving someone. Stay close to your medic.) If you don't charge your defib they only spawn with 20% health but you can charge it up to 100% if you have the time.

Engineer Not too much has changed in this class outside of the fact that vehicles are easier to destroy so overall this class becomes stronger due to that fact (it’s not impossible to take out aircraft that have a million flares, now they have to wait to use flares again).

Support This is where you'll see a lot of your 0-5 ratings coming from whiners. Support is NOWHERE as CHEAP as they were in bf3. Suppression has been lessened in this game (Thank god), so now support can't shoot 100+ rounds at you and have your bullets disappear like they did in bf3 so they'll CRY about that (at least it felt like your bullets disappeared cus you could barely hit anything while under suppression). As I said before you have to pick your shots now and not just hold down R1 and destroy everything which I think requires no amount of skill, they'll cry about that. The new reloading technology will also put a toll on those that want to reload while they still have 60 bullets in their weapon, that's 60 less bullets for you. Support doesn't start off with C4 and recon does *cue more crying*. All that being said, support is still a good class it's just not as noob friendly and actually requires some, dare I say it, skill *GASP*!

Recon It feels great to play recon now, and the new additions to this class actually makes possible to play other game modes. This was my favorite class in bf3 and because of it I consequently hated conquest. In bf3 recon is pretty much insignificant in conquest because of one thing VEHICLES (Unless you were just camping on a mountain somewhere doing long distance sniping, which sucked). Recon could not do anything to defend themselves from tanks, helicopters, jeeps, pretty much any vehicle so I hated conquest. Bf4 recon can actually have an impact in the game because now we have C4 already unlocked from the get go, now I can play all game modes and conquest has actually become my favorite mode. Side note, the bullet drop has changed and definitely takes some time to get used to.

All classes now use carbines, DMRs (Semi auto sniper rifles), and shotguns. Carbines are great for those who pick their shots. DMRs are annoying but then again I've always felt like semi auto snipers take no skill (just my personal opinion though). Shotguns are sort of overpowered, they definitely pack a punch and make the same noise a sniper rifle does when it's suppressing you.

All in all this is a great game and definitely worth the money, also you can upgrade to next gen systems for only $10 which I plan on doing.

The only major con is no squading up from the main menu anymore. Why you do that DICE? For a game so focused on teamwork this step backwards makes no sense.

Final note: I feel (or hope) that bf4 was made for future gens and just ported to current gen. So when people complain that the maps are too big remember next gen systems will be 32 vs 32.
    "Change is inevitable; Growth is optional"
  27. Nov 13, 2013
    The game is good, but they were a bit hasty to release the game with still alot of unfixed bugs even after the Beta. Ok, the story is great but it's nothing i've seen before. It's a shooter so you don't have time to be sentimental about the characters. But it's great graphics, real cool action. It's not like an big DLC pack to BF3, it got alot of new items and system changes and interface bla,bla,bla.

Why are you not buying it right now?
    Are you unsure if it's worth the money?
    OfCourse! It's a superawesome shooter game that's much much better than BF3. There are so much new stuff to check out. But i recommend you to wait until it's patched, otherwise you wont get the full excperience!
  28. Nov 16, 2013
    This game is way under rated. IF you are new to battlefield then you would give this game a 10/10 but if you are a battlefield veteran, this game isnt bad its actually great but you wont feel the same with bad company 2 or battlefield 3 in this. This game is a lot better than battlefield 3 or bad company but its not much better to recieve that 10/10
  29. Nov 18, 2013
    Battlefield 4 is big step forward (ignoring the launch issues), the game is way more balanced now, levolution adds a great level of interaction to the every map. This game looks beautiful. The campaign is not the best I've played (it has a good base but its very rushy); but again, Battlefield is all about the multiplayer.
  30. Nov 30, 2013
    this game is awesome i love the levolution. este guego es asombroso adoro el levolution lo unico que esta un poco flojo es la campañaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaa aaaaaaa aaaaa aaa aaa a aaa aaa a aaaa a
  31. Feb 4, 2014
    All the people who keep saying Oh the netcode it Sucks well if u have bf4 start it up and do the update it wil be way better they fixed the game with a big patch there are still some issues with the game but very annoying things have been fixed for me atleast no killtrades or 1 shot kills with pistol they really did a good job so for all u hater plz give them a other chance its really good now

1. Nov 12, 2013
    To blow COD out of the water, they will need a more polished game than this. Perhaps the next-generation will provide it.
  2. Nov 11, 2013
    So there you have it, the current-gen version of Battlefield 4. To be honest, it’s not a huge leap forward over Battlefield 3. It looks slightly better but performs slightly worse.
  3. Nov 8, 2013
    The really unfortunate thing with this Premium nonsense is that the greater body of players are made to feel like they're travelling in economy class, so that the core fans can be milked. I'm not anti-DLC, but the way Battlefield Premium constantly thrusts at you just feels grubby. It's not a nice way to treat paying customers, and it's a pity to see it besmirch such a great game.