5.8

1. Oct 29, 2013
    To all those saying this game is rehashed or the same as BF3... Let's see:
    Levolution: THis basically getting a map switch mid-level, and YOU do it! or don't, that's up to the players, every map is almost two maps and it looks immense.
    To all those saying this game is rehashed or the same as BF3... Let's see:
    Interactivity: Raise vehicle barriers, trap opponents in lifts and trains, destruction is overwhelming. EVERYTHING can get messed up and it is so much fun!
    Commander mode.. Play on the commute on your tablet? Hell yeah. You can even speak into your tabvet mic and people hear you in-game :D amazing!!
    64 vs 64..... no more need to be said here...
    Different classes and specialization trees: these are not minor tweaks, but sweeping changes
    I can go on and on but I am nearly off the train from my lunch break.
    Wake up haters, this is SO so much more than a reskinned BF3, this is a genuine evolvement and until you can show me a better FPS I am firmly in the 10 camp here.
    COD fans must be terrified, and it shows with these bogus, baseless reviews from people that clearly haven't even played BF4 yet.
    DICE FTW, take a bow guys.
  2. Dec 4, 2013
    Bugs and glitches in the game are terrible! Instead, corrections, additions do! DICE, serezdnyh forward amendments in the game. When the game is to play well, you can already put the estimates above.
  3. Nov 23, 2014
    (Review is online based)
    (Review is online based)
    Now that a lot of time has passed, this game is actually very playable. Most of the bugs have been fixed, and most glitches only happen while the match is barely starting. Other than loading bugs, there shouldn't be any major glitches getting in the way of the online experience. I think most people only hate on the game because of the bugs, rather than the gameplay. There have been many enjoyable moments in BF4 online, such as parachuting from the building of Siege of Shanghai to get to a bomb on Obliteration, or rigging a PWC with C4, and driving it into a DV-15 watercraft. The customization in the game has a very good variety of guns, paints, and camouflage. Switching from CoD to Battlefield, I can say my online experience has been a lot more pleasant. This is coming from someone who has bought every single CoD from 2007-2013. I would recommend Battlefield 4 to anyone looking for an FPS game.
    Downsides: When you switch classes, it sometimes takes a while to load your class, which can be very annoying when you spawn in on a gunfight. Rubber banding seems to be a big issue if your connection isn't good. The amount of people who have blue tooth headsets could be higher, and the map loading time can be frustrating sometimes. Graphics on pilots seem a bit funny. If these were on PS4, Xbox One, or PC, I would give it a 9.
  4. Oct 29, 2013
    Looks like the COD fan base is already hitting this. But I will say this much about this game. There is more change from BF3 to BF4 than there ever was in the past generation Of COD. You couldn't ask for a better game. One that requires Team Work, and not Run and gun.

Weapons this go around are spot on. Along with accurate audio and visuals you come to expect from BF 4 and then some. So far the campaign Is Steps ahead of last years and enough action to keep your heart beating rapidly. The multiplayer maps are huge Desert huge.. not the small sandbox COD likes to put you in. There is something here for everyone. Tanks, Jets, Helos, Dune buggies.. list can go on. You cant beat buying in on the current gen and upgrade to next gen and move stats with you. This has Polish, It Has content, and it has guns... well until the Prez tries to take our digital guns away. If you liked BF3 this is a no brainer. Buy BF4!... If you was on the fence about coming over to the land of Battlefield now would be a great place to start.
  5. Oct 29, 2013
    I was really psyched about this game. I had seen the trailers countless of times, played the demo and enjoyed, both. So, when it came out, I bought it immediately just to learn that it disappoints.

Don't get me wrong. It's a good game, maybe it might seem like an awesome game to you gamers who couldn't just keep up with the technology upgrades, but going from all the attention it attracted, I expected something bigger.

The campaign is decent. The story is better than the one we had to go through in Battlefield 3, but that really isn't much. Compared to it's predecessor, in terms of graphics, there is a slight improvement. The voice acting is very good, and the multiplayer is good, but not really something major. We'll get to that later. We'll first review the single player campaign.

As I said, the single player story is good. I expected a more refined experience, but it was good nonetheless. The characters were really well-developed, and there were some really heart-wrenching moments there. Starting from the well-doing Irish, to the obeying rookie Pac, each of the characters had one or two traits that made them unique, even those who had a relatively small role in the game. However, some of the effects were just too bad for a triple A game like Battlefield. In a mission right around the beginning of the game, there were a few what appeared to be dolphins jumping out of the water. But the effects were so bad, they looked like they were flying while shaking their booties mid-air. There were also some really weird bugs, with one particular enemy not dying after receiving two shots in the head.

The multiplayer was also good, however it didn't just provide the same atmosphere I thought it would. The scale of the map is to be praised. The map's huge, and when it reached the maximum of players, it gave you that feeling that you're in a real battlefield. It even allowed for squad co-operation, which was good. But, the Levitation thing didn't offer that much excitement. Apparently, in the Shanghai map, you could only destroy the skyscraper. As awesome as that was, I expected more major stuff to be destroyed there and offer me more excitement. And there was something wrong with the framerate. I had played the demo before, and I had noticed that the framerate was a letdown, however I thought that they would fix it. They did, but they didn't try hard. The framerate is still not good enough.

Overall, I really suggest that you buy this, if you are fan or if you are a newcomer to first person shooters. I assume that if you are a fan, you'll buy this anyway, but still..
  6. Oct 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Really great game! For those who are complaining that it's the same as bf3, then wait for next gen. versions, or just get a high-end gaming PC and play on ULTRA MEGA HIGH SUPER SETTINGS. Then you'll take back what you said. Of course, bf4 on ps3 will be limited, games are getting more and more demanding. QQ more and sell the game, we don't need you on the battlefield! :D Expand
  7. Nov 7, 2013
    Battlefield 3 being 3 my favourite game of all time before Battlefield 4 this will be a little bit biased but I found this game to an amazing piece of dice's work and so long as you don't go looking for any bugs you k
    will not find many and an all round masterclass of a game beating Call of Duty Ghosts by such a long way.
  8. Oct 29, 2013
    a great game. the multiplayer is fun and require a good amount of teamwork or strategy to be good at. the modes are nice, although i kind of dislike obliteration. it's sort of like sabotage from call of duty, but on battlefield's bigger maps it's not very fun. the only bad part of this game is the single player. it's short and boring. but this is battlefield. battlefield games, with thea great game. the multiplayer is fun and require a good amount of teamwork or strategy to be good at. the modes are nice, although i kind of dislike obliteration. it's sort of like sabotage from call of duty, but on battlefield's bigger maps it's not very fun. the only bad part of this game is the single player. it's short and boring. but this is battlefield. battlefield games, with the exception of bad company 1 and 2, are based around multiplayer. i don't know why they even bothered putting in a single player though. it would've saved them time and money if they focused on the multiplayer itself. aside from this there are a few small glitches, but nothing major or game-breaking. Expand
  9. Oct 30, 2013
    We're finally starting to see the age of the current console generation. Couldn't help but think how dated this game looks at this point. Still, it's a good time and I'll sink a ton of hours into it. Sure, it seems very familiar, but the excitement is still there. Can't wait to see it on PS4. PS: The flood zone stage is very annoying.
  10. Nov 2, 2013
    Battlefield 4 once again proves why We all love the battlefield games. Each time we get a better and more explosive gaming experience. This time around dice gave us a phenomenal gaming experience like none other. The core game is incredible the graphics is phenomenal the gameplay is addictive and explosive right from the start you get drawn into this incredible game. Battlefield 4 is aBattlefield 4 once again proves why We all love the battlefield games. Each time we get a better and more explosive gaming experience. This time around dice gave us a phenomenal gaming experience like none other. The core game is incredible the graphics is phenomenal the gameplay is addictive and explosive right from the start you get drawn into this incredible game. Battlefield 4 is a massive step up from battlefield 3 and has to be my favorite one thus far. Dice has done what COD can never achieve. If your a true fan of battle games I highly recommended this for you. All the negative reviews are either from people who have not played the game or is a COD fan. My friend battlefield 4 is a masterpiece. Expand
  11. Nov 1, 2013
    oh my god the menu is so bad frick frick frick FRICK but everything else is so cool, like battlepacks feel like christmas, pistol attachments are new. the hit detection is not as good as bf3 but levolution is rad as heck
  12. Nov 1, 2013
    Bigger and better, Battlefield 4 evolves what we saw in Battlefield 3. An experience any fan of the series should try. Cod is for kids, battlefield is for the men.
  13. Oct 30, 2013
    horrible campaign ,but the multiplayer worth every penny. But i will recomend it more for PS4 and PC.
    Infinity Ward you can go suck the dick of DICE!!
  14. Nov 1, 2013
    Got this game simply because I couldn't wait until the next-gen consoles are available. I've been enjoying BF series since BFBC 2 and have fallen in love with these games. Even on aging hardware, BFBC2 and then BF3 blew me away and consistently did so for the duration of my many hundreds of hours playing them. And BF4, even on aging hardware, has not disappointed. It's a riot! There areGot this game simply because I couldn't wait until the next-gen consoles are available. I've been enjoying BF series since BFBC 2 and have fallen in love with these games. Even on aging hardware, BFBC2 and then BF3 blew me away and consistently did so for the duration of my many hundreds of hours playing them. And BF4, even on aging hardware, has not disappointed. It's a riot! There are maps which reveal the system's age more than others.....conquest maps really spread the graphic rendering capacity thin. But, even so, the gun handling...the exquisite audio...the destruction...the epic feel of it all gelling smoothly together more than makes up for any graphical shortcomings. As it's been said a billion times before...."it's the gameplay that matters". That being said, nobody does FPS multiplayer gameplay like DICE and Battlefield. PS3 version easily gets a 9...and, from what I've seen, next gen and PC versions clear a 10 without breaking a sweat :D Expand
  15. Nov 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The most complete multiplayer FPS game out there. Audio, graphics, level design and levolution is just top class. 64-players epic battles with jets, boats and.. never mind. Goodbye family and friends, see you in the summer. Expand
  16. Nov 2, 2013
    If you gave this game a 0-3 then slap yourself across the face. are you serous? Basically your reasoning behind it is that you didn't like the campaign and there were some visual problems on multiplayer. You don't give a multiplayer-based game a zero-3 for campaign, that's stupid and you should slap your self in the face again. If you gave it a low score for the visuals then you fail toIf you gave this game a 0-3 then slap yourself across the face. are you serous? Basically your reasoning behind it is that you didn't like the campaign and there were some visual problems on multiplayer. You don't give a multiplayer-based game a zero-3 for campaign, that's stupid and you should slap your self in the face again. If you gave it a low score for the visuals then you fail to understand how advanced this game is, our 8 year old ps3/360 hardware can't handle this game. DICE had the misfortune of making this game on current gen when it's CLEARLY a next gen game.

They've added A LOT of features and cool gameplay methods that left me so satisfied. If you play the game right then you would notice the difference between this Battlefield and the previous installment. If you gave it a low score from the gameplay aspect then you probably went into each match guns-a-blazing, which is not how you play. This is a tactical and strategic game and you simply can't bring your COD methods into it or you will fail.

I understand if you knock off a few points for the mediocre campaign and a few online glitches, but try to get it through your thick skulls that this is a next generation game. These problems won't occur on the right hardware. I can't WAIT to pick this up on PS4 where there will be 64 times more fun!
  17. Nov 3, 2013
    Another masterpiece by DICE (the multiplayer that is)... can't wait for the PS4 version to bring the game's full potential to the fore... on PS4 it's going to be a 10/10 for me

Hope we can see this type of brilliance with Star Wars Battlefront (going to be game of the century with DICE's involvement
  18. Nov 5, 2013
    Really good shooter, but Battlefield 4 didn't make a lot of progress. Just better graphics, better war and better destructions. But, i still can say, that Battlefield remains as best first person shooter
  19. Nov 7, 2013
    I played the game on PC but no doubt on consoles it is a setback for the graphics but it still plays very well and the multiplayer is really fun campaign is short but it is a nice addition but the multiplayer is excellent and if you are look to upgrade it to the ps4 definitely do so it is worth it
  20. Nov 5, 2013
    Best BF game by far. Unlike COD you're seeing this outstanding shift away from the old mold into something completely (well not completely, but mostly) new. Graphics are outstanding, gameplay is otherworldly. Weapons and special features are mindblowing. Just generally a great game, and pretty damn original especially for an EA game.
  21. Nov 19, 2013
    I felt that this game deserves much better praise than what it has been given from the user reviews. Battlefield 4 is in no way a rehash of 3, it is in fact a definite improvement. For being the original "levolution" creator (Not Infinity Ward), DICE has been able to dynamically change the field in which you play. The player progression has gotten a total overhaul, with weapon usageI felt that this game deserves much better praise than what it has been given from the user reviews. Battlefield 4 is in no way a rehash of 3, it is in fact a definite improvement. For being the original "levolution" creator (Not Infinity Ward), DICE has been able to dynamically change the field in which you play. The player progression has gotten a total overhaul, with weapon usage unlocking newer weapons. This allows player to stick with what they like, while gaining that progression, and only trying out new weapons if they want to.

No one can expect the game to run flawlessly within the first month of release. And as multiplayer games become more and more complex, they WILL have those issues. DICE does a great job on staying on top of the problems that arise. They practically fixed their DDoS attack in less than 24 hours, and they continuously pay attention to what is going on within the community and correcting missed mistakes, no matter how many there may be.

I'm giving BF4 a 10 because they have proven, even if not to everyone, but at least to me, that they know what it takes to make a great FPS. CoD should not be the basis for what an FPS needs to look like. That's old news. That idea needs to evolve. And DICE may not accomplish it with BF4, but this clearly shows that they are on the right track.
  22. Nov 9, 2013
    OK first off, I was a COD fanboy and NEVER played BF before. Have bought all COD games since COD4. I even bought Ghosts a few days ago, but returned it cause its the same crap. I thought Id give this a try..

I must say I'm impressed. Can graphics be better? Sure but they probably are on the PC and will be when I upgrade to PS4. I love that you can have 20 or more players in a game. Actually feels like a war cause so much is going on. The sounds of the guns is good and I really like the "twing" as bullets ricochet of the ground etc. There's something really satisfying about being able to use a heavy machine gun to destroy a will and kill the guy behind it. I've heard people say that this game is slower and COD is fast paced. Really, being a COD fan, playing domination with 19 other guys is far more frantic that any COD game I've played. There are people and bullets flying everywhere and the physics of the guns is much better. They can actually kill you. Unlike COD where you empty a clip at a guy from 100m and yet he still manages to charge you with a knife and kill you.

Is it a rehash? Dont know as I never played BF before. For a newcomer, this game, although not perfect, is a very nice and refreshing change from the plate of crap I kept buying in COD.
  23. Nov 12, 2013
    I love this game. The graphics, destruction, dynamic gameplay, etc. in this game are spectacular. However, it doesn't go unnoticed that DICE hasn't greatly improved much. Yes, you can collapse roads now and there are big set pieces in each map, but these are guilty pleasures and not great improvements to the game. Regardless, this game is one of the best this year, besides GTA V perhaps.
  24. Dec 5, 2013
    Battlefield 4 represents the best fps games can offer nearing the end of 2013. The game has kept almost all the good things from its predecessors and added several new ones. The best thing about BF4 for me personally is the restored balance between capabilities of vehicles and foot soldiers which was sorely missing from Battlefield 3. Thankfully an adequately equipped soldier is a goodBattlefield 4 represents the best fps games can offer nearing the end of 2013. The game has kept almost all the good things from its predecessors and added several new ones. The best thing about BF4 for me personally is the restored balance between capabilities of vehicles and foot soldiers which was sorely missing from Battlefield 3. Thankfully an adequately equipped soldier is a good match for any in game vehicle. Helicopters and tanks are very capable and dangerous but with some care they can be blown up even by a barely leveled up infantryman which is how it should be in a game. Contrary to some reviewers I find even zero level equipment both for soldiers and vehicles deadly enough which is also a good step away from BF3.

Then there is the levolution of course. Not all maps are created equal, but on most maps the effect of triggering the levolution event is both visually spectacular and can significantly alter the flow of the battle. Apart from levolution buildings and terrain in BF4 maps is definitely more destructible than in BF3. Some maps can be leveled completely, some only partially but any cover can be damaged or even removed completely by gunfire and explosives.

The only real problem I have with Battlefield 4 is that Dice and Electronic Arts have released a work in progress. Even a month after the release on PS3 there still are interface bugs, network hiccups and not so rare slowdowns and complete freezes during multiplayer matches. The game could a perfect fps experience and it will be, but judging from the current progress we will have to wait till March 2014 for that.
  25. Nov 15, 2013
    Somehow it just didnt have the impact that BF3 had when it launched with big maps etc. Graphics on PS3 were a little bit...MOHW and end game of BF3....probably not the same people who put the original BF3 together. Still an awesome game and even more so now captures the essence of team play then its predecessor. I cant wait to see the PS4 version.
  26. Nov 1, 2013
    One of the best shooters of this generation. The campaign is short but sweet and the multiplayer is probably the most fun I have had playing a shooter on the Playstation 3.
  27. Nov 9, 2013
    Superb game after dice fixes some bugs balance issues this will be 10/10 game

Great infantry play great vehicles weapon vehicle camos bring variety.
  28. Nov 4, 2013
    Damn I guess a bunch of 12 year old cod fans found out how to create a metacritic account. Sure the singleplayer is short and not the greatest but seriously a 4. Now on to the review. Gameplay is easier than in bf3 but the customization for the weapons isnt the best. And at times the graphics show the age of the ps3. And my playstation has frozen SIX times in 2 days and before that my ps3Damn I guess a bunch of 12 year old cod fans found out how to create a metacritic account. Sure the singleplayer is short and not the greatest but seriously a 4. Now on to the review. Gameplay is easier than in bf3 but the customization for the weapons isnt the best. And at times the graphics show the age of the ps3. And my playstation has frozen SIX times in 2 days and before that my ps3 has only frozen twice. The maps are really good. And levolution is a huge new addition except for on the railway map. And if you have a squad that works with you the game is a hell of a lot of fun. Expand
  29. Nov 6, 2013
    BF4 is the game we've all been waiting for and until Titanfall drops in the spring, this is the premiere FPS to enjoy with friends and pwning noobs on. The campaign is enjoyable and a good prelude to the centerpiece of the game which is the team based multiplayer. Have fun tearing it up and doing it BIG! See you in game!
  30. Nov 2, 2013
    Battlefield 4 is a much improved shooter than its predecessor. With a new scope on tactical warfare that develops within each match creating a real life war feeling throughout. The menu system is pretty stupid but it manages to get the job done. Its time for a lobby system too, it's 2013 guys! Battlefield 3 managed to give player the feeling of destruction choas and bf4 increases thisBattlefield 4 is a much improved shooter than its predecessor. With a new scope on tactical warfare that develops within each match creating a real life war feeling throughout. The menu system is pretty stupid but it manages to get the job done. Its time for a lobby system too, it's 2013 guys! Battlefield 3 managed to give player the feeling of destruction choas and bf4 increases this chaos level by 3. Destruction is massive and can be used tactically. Battlefield fans will enjoy this game for a while Expand
  31. Nov 2, 2013
    Great multiplayer. But seriously wtf is up with the campaign. Its locked my ps3 up twice and it will not save. I've restarted it 3 effin times now. EA. ..l.. to you.
  32. Nov 12, 2013
    After playing it a lot on past two weeks:
    THE VERY GOOD: I like the perk systems, the customization of soldier and weapons. I like the way they improved cooperation between a team and squad, which is the nº1 reason i like bf series. You get more points for assist, tagging vehicles, you can "talk" to your team members through a menu etc
    THE GOOD: great graphics, great new maps. it
    After playing it a lot on past two weeks:

THE GOOD: great graphics, great new maps. it feels like bf3.5. It is better than bf3, but not a huge leap forward, but i like the fact that it's a "new" bf game and I wasn't expecting much more since I believe the programers are already taking the ps3 to it's limit. If we are expecting drastic improvements on graphics, get a PS4. Air vehicles are more balanced in terms of ground atack. Besides being a more underpowered, the AA missiles are much faster. The jets also fly faster (some users say otherwise, but I have the opposite feeling and I flew A LOT on bf3), Also, Air to Ground missiles of jets have to be locked until they hit target, you can't fire and forget and switch to guns to finish off a tank, which was the way I got huge jets scores on bf3. In Bf3 was that you could base rape a team with a heli. I could get 20/0 kd ratios with jets... Little bird vulcano canon could destroy tanks, now you need an upgrade etc.

THE BAD: some conquest maps are clearly designed for twice as many players (PS4) and they lack action. The navigation on the menus is very bad and confusing at first. I hope I can get used to it but it doesn't seem a good idea that you have to use a lot of controls and buttons to navigate menus to costumize your weapons etc. VERY confusing and you have to do this during the game.

THE TERRIBLE: Bugs. It froze my ps3 a dozen times at the end of the games in the middle of my cheering for my epic score (which btw is lost forever). It erased my campaign progress two times and I gave up on trying to play it until a patch is released. The jets can only fly in a ridiculous map strip, making them much less fun. It is almost impossible to have a decent dogfight. Combat jets are useless. I was never shot down and I also couldn't shoot down other players. Helis can fly on a larger area so I'm guessing they might solve this with a patch.
  33. Nov 4, 2013
    The game is so much goddamn fun. It's so fluid, and has phenomenal graphics. The learning curve is very high, but once you get around that, you have tons of fun.
  34. Nov 5, 2013
    Best FPS experience I've ever played and definitely the most realistic. The graphics are stunning for a 6 year old hard drive and graphics card. I love this game. BF4 beats COD Ghosts any day.
  35. Nov 7, 2013
    Although Origin is still a chore and what I REALLY wanted was something like Battlefield 2142, dems da breaks.

Been on a total bender playing recently. I left BF3 to collect dust a while ago and was totally pumped that this game reignited my inner killer. Call of Duty was always kinda meh to me and I think most people would agree that EA has the formula down for leading this genre.

My install was a little annoying, mainly because it was a little buggy and i don't have patience for that when I want to play so...bad. In about 20 hours of gameplay I have crashed to desktop twice. Well whaaa. I got over it and continue to enjoy the game.

Lots of harsh feedback from folks reminds me of the Diablo 3 debacle. Long story short, they made the game too different and predictably arouse a salty and modest population of people who feel wronged, and indignant. It's just the exact opposite here. Same population size, same bitterness, different gripe. One thing you can count on is that this type of QQ'ing will invariably occur whenever a company does something awesome initially, and tries to do something awesome again in the future. It's a long fall from the top of the food chain.

Lets talk about similarities between BF3 and BF4. Do they exist? Uh huh. Is it tangible to truly believe that there is so little variation between the two that BF4 has failed as a result of this? Only if you're blind.

Personally, I could justify paying the games retail price even if it WAS the EXACT same game with new maps but that's just me.

My advice, do yourself a favor and if you're kinda having a hard time accepting the fact that your awesome powerhouse computer is actually a 5 year old POS that wasn't even top-end during its heyday. Stay away from the game. It will only...hurt you more.

I have an Alienware M17x; a great rig but if a computer is two years old, that's like 60 in human years. I ain't gonna lie and say that there isn't some magical $#(T in the graphics settings I would dream to set on Ultra, but I can't. So I sign, maybe get a little misty eyed, play the game, and feel a lot better.
  36. Nov 8, 2013
    Where do I begin? This game is great... it has it's flaws but then again what game doesn't?

It feels "fresh" definitely different from bf3, so it'll take some time to get used to it. It's a faster paced game than bf3, and also it feels like you have less health in this game compared to bf3. There's definitely more of a focus on teamwork which is great, that being said, not everyone

There's definitely more of a focus on teamwork which is great, that being said, not everyone is used to this teamwork mindset so it can be frustrating when you're on a bad squad. It also doesn't help that they removed the ability to squad up from the main menu (the biggest con in my book), still though it isn't that hard to join your friend's game. When you do get a good squad however you can really dominate, and when you have two teams with good squads going head to head the gameplay gets really intense and exciting.

It seems more realistic. If you shoot your gun and still have 15 bullets in the clip but decide to reload so you don't run out of bullets in your next firefight you lose those 15 bullets that were in the clip.

There are lots of people are complaining about hit detection, and I've only found that to be true about one class of guns LMGs(At least the first few, later guns are pretty good). I feel therer's more of a focus on picking your shots as opposed to spray and praying. If you have enough skill to shoot short bursts at a time, you'll kill your enemy. If you want to just aim in direction of an enemy and hold R1 trying to get a kill, thanks for giving me 100 points.

The classes have stayed the same (Assault, Engineer, Support, Recon) but every class has different options now.

Assault now has to earn their defibulator and charge it, yes I said CHARGE IT... It also has limited uses and you don't have as much time to revive teammates (which works hand in hand with gameplay centered more on teamwork, no more running across the whole map and reviving someone. Stay close to your medic.) If you don't charge your defib they only spawn with 20% health but you can charge it up to 100% if you have the time.

Engineer Not too much has changed in this class outside of the fact that vehicles are easier to destroy so overall this class becomes stronger due to that fact (it’s not impossible to take out aircraft that have a million flares, now they have to wait to use flares again).

Support This is where you'll see a lot of your 0-5 ratings coming from whiners. Support is NOWHERE as CHEAP as they were in bf3. Suppression has been lessened in this game (Thank god), so now support can't shoot 100+ rounds at you and have your bullets disappear like they did in bf3 so they'll CRY about that (at least it felt like your bullets disappeared cus you could barely hit anything while under suppression). As I said before you have to pick your shots now and not just hold down R1 and destroy everything which I think requires no amount of skill, they'll cry about that. The new reloading technology will also put a toll on those that want to reload while they still have 60 bullets in their weapon, that's 60 less bullets for you. Support doesn't start off with C4 and recon does *cue more crying*. All that being said, support is still a good class it's just not as noob friendly and actually requires some, dare I say it, skill *GASP*!

Recon It feels great to play recon now, and the new additions to this class actually makes possible to play other game modes. This was my favorite class in bf3 and because of it I consequently hated conquest. In bf3 recon is pretty much insignificant in conquest because of one thing VEHICLES (Unless you were just camping on a mountain somewhere doing long distance sniping, which sucked). Recon could not do anything to defend themselves from tanks, helicopters, jeeps, pretty much any vehicle so I hated conquest. Bf4 recon can actually have an impact in the game because now we have C4 already unlocked from the get go, now I can play all game modes and conquest has actually become my favorite mode. Side note, the bullet drop has changed and definitely takes some time to get used to.

All classes now use carbines, DMRs (Semi auto sniper rifles), and shotguns. Carbines are great for those who pick their shots. DMRs are annoying but then again I've always felt like semi auto snipers take no skill (just my personal opinion though). Shotguns are sort of overpowered, they definitely pack a punch and make the same noise a sniper rifle does when it's suppressing you.

All in all this is a great game and definitely worth the money, also you can upgrade to next gen systems for only $10 which I plan on doing.

The only major con is no squading up from the main menu anymore. Why you do that DICE? For a game so focused on teamwork this step backwards makes no sense.

Final note: I feel (or hope) that bf4 was made for future gens and just ported to current gen. So when people complain that the maps are too big remember next gen systems will be 32 vs 32.
    "Change is inevitable; Growth is optional"
  37. Nov 13, 2013
    The game is good, but they were a bit hasty to release the game with still alot of unfixed bugs even after the Beta. Ok, the story is great but it's nothing i've seen before. It's a shooter so you don't have time to be sentimental about the characters. But it's great graphics, real cool action. It's not like an big DLC pack to BF3, it got alot of new items and system changes and interfaceThe game is good, but they were a bit hasty to release the game with still alot of unfixed bugs even after the Beta. Ok, the story is great but it's nothing i've seen before. It's a shooter so you don't have time to be sentimental about the characters. But it's great graphics, real cool action. It's not like an big DLC pack to BF3, it got alot of new items and system changes and interface bla,bla,bla.

Why are you not buying it right now?
    Are you unsure if it's worth the money?
    OfCourse! It's a superawesome shooter game that's much much better than BF3. There are so much new stuff to check out. But i recommend you to wait until it's patched, otherwise you wont get the full excperience!
  38. Nov 16, 2013
    This game is way under rated. IF you are new to battlefield then you would give this game a 10/10 but if you are a battlefield veteran, this game isnt bad its actually great but you wont feel the same with bad company 2 or battlefield 3 in this. This game is a lot better than battlefield 3 or bad company but its not much better to recieve that 10/10
  39. Nov 16, 2013
    To all those comparing CoD with BF please STOP IT, You're ruining the gaming community, we are gamers we need to have respect to other franchises,we are not kids,if you don't like CoD or BF it's ok, but have some respect, don't kick your door saying"OW THAT GAME IT'S GARBAGE", The 2 games are great, but to don't need this they are very distinct games, one it's different than the other,To all those comparing CoD with BF please STOP IT, You're ruining the gaming community, we are gamers we need to have respect to other franchises,we are not kids,if you don't like CoD or BF it's ok, but have some respect, don't kick your door saying"OW THAT GAME IT'S GARBAGE", The 2 games are great, but to don't need this they are very distinct games, one it's different than the other, Well let's talk about the game, The campaign it's OK, Could be alot better, but i like it, still Bad Company 2 have the best campaign, The Multiplayer it's JUST AWESOME, i love flying jets, and driving tanks, the gameplay it's SO GOOD, maps are great, levolution makes it better, graphics are amazing, game modes are OK, but the best thing is play battlefield 4 with a bunch of friends, it's ALOT OF FUN!, Finishing here with my final verdict 8/10 GREAT GAME!, and please stop with CoD and BF fights ok?, Can't we be like Sony and Microsoft? That microsoft just twitted "Congrats on your launch Sony", we need to have that kind of respect thank you. Expand
  40. Nov 18, 2013
    Battlefield 4 is big step forward (ignoring the launch issues), the game is way more balanced now, levolution adds a great level of interaction to the every map. This game looks beautiful. The campaign is not the best I've played (it has a good base but its very rushy); but again, Battlefield is all about the multiplayer.
  41. Nov 30, 2013
    this game is awesome i love the levolution. este guego es asombroso adoro el levolution lo unico que esta un poco flojo es la campañaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaa aaaaaaa aaaaa aaa aaa a aaa aaa a aaaa a
  42. Dec 4, 2013
    Battlefield 4 is the newest game in the Battlefield franchise and this game is pretty decent. If you are a veteran player, this game to me feels like what Battlefield 3 should have been. The multiplayer maps are once again huge and all have very interesting "levolutions" which change the map. These changes can be collapsing a skyscraper, flooding a city or blowing a hole in a dam. HoweverBattlefield 4 is the newest game in the Battlefield franchise and this game is pretty decent. If you are a veteran player, this game to me feels like what Battlefield 3 should have been. The multiplayer maps are once again huge and all have very interesting "levolutions" which change the map. These changes can be collapsing a skyscraper, flooding a city or blowing a hole in a dam. However similar to Battlefield 3, there is not enough destructible environments, which for me is a huge selling point for the Battlefield games. The multiplayer and the game does have quite a few glitches, and I have froze on multiple occasions, luckily Dice and EA have been introducing patches to fix these problems. The campaign is relatively short, however the characters and story is much more interesting then BF3's as well.

In short, the game is very fun and you will sink many hours into the multiplayer. The game is a little glitchy but by the time Christmas rolls around, most should be fixed. The single player campaign is fun and actually has a decent story and interesting characters. However the main selling point of the game is of course the online multiplayer, which is one of the best online FPS shooters to date.
  43. Feb 4, 2014
    All the people who keep saying Oh the netcode it Sucks well if u have bf4 start it up and do the update it wil be way better they fixed the game with a big patch there are still some issues with the game but very annoying things have been fixed for me atleast no killtrades or 1 shot kills with pistol they really did a good job so for all u hater plz give them a other chance its really good now
  44. May 21, 2014
    this game is a suberb title in the battlefield francise and rightfully so every thing was improved but the sh*t launch and servers are big problems first lets get the singleplayer campain out of the way as the last games staory to put it bluntly was SH****T but thankfully ea have listened to us and have poured more effort into it the story is your simple trying to prevent world war 3 andthis game is a suberb title in the battlefield francise and rightfully so every thing was improved but the sh*t launch and servers are big problems first lets get the singleplayer campain out of the way as the last games staory to put it bluntly was SH****T but thankfully ea have listened to us and have poured more effort into it the story is your simple trying to prevent world war 3 and the charecters well tets just say at least i remember their names the graphics as always is amazing but be honest with yourself you buy this game for the multiplayer and this is both an amzing experience and a struggle with the **** realese this game needs to be over hauled and the amount of times the official servers have crashed my console is unforgiveble but to its fairness if you can get into a server with no problems or having to wait in ques then this game is awsome playing this game only is a spectacle with 64 players on pc and next gen and 24 players on current gen it trumps call of duty in battle sizes and then theirs the massive maps which can require vehicles but normally you can spawn on a squad mate commander mode from bad company 2 is back and adds a rts feel to the game but the fact you have to be level 10 is not fair a new feature is battlepacks which give you weopon camos attachments and xp boosts you unlock them via ranking up but you could get an attachment for a gun you are far from unlocking also leveloutions are a new feature taking map destruction to a hole new level being able to knock down a building is amazing and is far better than call of dutys simple destruction this game is amazing but needs to be straitend out even upgrading the servers could do and not just maintenece the game is a must buy but just wait a bit before you buy it to give ea and dice some time to fix the servers i hope to see a new battlefield game soon if its like this with out the problems so i will see you guys latrer Expand
  45. Apr 7, 2014
    I love the Battlefield franchise. I only started playing at Battlefield 3, but loved the game from the beginning. Battlefield 4, on the other hand, I have mixed feelings about. The game is fun and stays true to it's roots, mostly. Some of the cons I saw in this game were Battlepacks, which make unlocking camos, attachments, xp boosts, etc a lot harder. Don't even get me started on EAI love the Battlefield franchise. I only started playing at Battlefield 3, but loved the game from the beginning. Battlefield 4, on the other hand, I have mixed feelings about. The game is fun and stays true to it's roots, mostly. Some of the cons I saw in this game were Battlepacks, which make unlocking camos, attachments, xp boosts, etc a lot harder. Don't even get me started on EA Online. To put it in short, it doesn't work. The game itself is amazing. With stellar graphics, 64 player online on PC and next-gen consoles, the list goes on and on. The on thing that brought my score down was the launch. When the game first launched, it was so broken. The game lagged, kicked you out of matches, and rubber-banding was everywhere. It was just not worth the $60 price tag at launch. Since then, it has gotten much better with a lot less lag and barely any rubber-banding. It does still kick you out of matches often which is a major annoyance. Overall, Battlefield 4 is a great title, with a few kinks. Expand
  46. Aug 12, 2014
    This game looks and feels amazing on the current generation consoles, and it's serious, breathtaking multiplayer works great along side a stellar, thoroughly engaging campaign. It's a much more impressive game then "Call of Duty: Ghosts", which debuted a month after BF4. The scale of sheer destruction and freedom that the Multiplayer aspects of the game provide is unprecedented, and aThis game looks and feels amazing on the current generation consoles, and it's serious, breathtaking multiplayer works great along side a stellar, thoroughly engaging campaign. It's a much more impressive game then "Call of Duty: Ghosts", which debuted a month after BF4. The scale of sheer destruction and freedom that the Multiplayer aspects of the game provide is unprecedented, and a whole lot of fun. Get this game, not "Ghosts". The graphics, story-line, and multiplayer beat the tar out of the latest installment in a stagnant franchise. Expand
  47. Jan 1, 2015
    It's been a year since BF4 came out and I finally got hands on it. This is due to the many glitches that were plaguing the game, especially multiplayer. And in the midst of all this, EA was releasing DLC after DLC for the game. How can you do that and not fix the fundamentals. Is it any wonder why I didn't buy the game on release? But it really paid off, because after a year, I not onlyIt's been a year since BF4 came out and I finally got hands on it. This is due to the many glitches that were plaguing the game, especially multiplayer. And in the midst of all this, EA was releasing DLC after DLC for the game. How can you do that and not fix the fundamentals. Is it any wonder why I didn't buy the game on release? But it really paid off, because after a year, I not only got a fixed game, but I got the Premium Edition. So for all who are laughing at me because I'm late to the party, I spent half of what many of you spent for the full game and all DLC. Joke is on you.

But on to the game. First the campaign. Playing BF for the campaign is like going to an amusement park just for the popcorn; it's not the main feature. At the same time however, BF is about being a frontline soldier, and here, you're a special ops member. It doesn't fit. I finished this game on hard and never played it again. Now to the online. Yes, it's almost like BF3 (yet better), but they really did some work. First the Levolution. It's where the environment changes and it feels like a new map. Sometimes it's player-triggered and sometimes it's the weather. Some command posts (usually B) are on structures and can be destroyed. What I didn't like however are the battlepacks. Sometimes they can unlock attachments way too early. I know there are items you can only unlock with packs but many are the same as the default attachments. They look different, but acts the same. Like for example, the default red-dot sight you unlock by XP is Russian-made; the Chinese red-dot can only be unlocked with a battlepack but it's possible to get it before its Russian counterpart, removing the need to unlock the default red dot. See what I mean?

In the end though, the game is fun. If you like BF3, then you'll LOVE this.
  48. Mar 23, 2014
    I would give this game a 9 if it wasn't crashing my ps3 most of the time i'm playing. When it's working well, it's a really addictive multiplayer game that you will want to keep playing one last game after another.
  49. Dec 25, 2013
    I know this game have very short singe player and you can't play with your friend in same ps3 but there is perfect multiplayer !!And its britty same with bf3 but some changis is like new maps,new vechiles,guns...Its pritty cool but not best
  50. Jan 4, 2014
    The game has fantastic multiplayer, but the bugs can be unbearable. Campaign just embarrasses it's self because it is point based, and you never really connect to it when it's like that. All this is shrouded over the splendid multiplayer. Being able to make buildings crumble, make a ship crash into a building, explode IED's, create craters, Destroy Levees to flood a map, just puts power inThe game has fantastic multiplayer, but the bugs can be unbearable. Campaign just embarrasses it's self because it is point based, and you never really connect to it when it's like that. All this is shrouded over the splendid multiplayer. Being able to make buildings crumble, make a ship crash into a building, explode IED's, create craters, Destroy Levees to flood a map, just puts power in to a player's hands, and makes them feel important. Expand
  51. Aug 31, 2016
    On PC this game is relay Crap , but on PS 3 is a great experience only with minor graphic glitchis and sound problem wen the map load for the first time otherwise epic multiplayer FPS.
  52. Jun 10, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Battlefield 4 is much better than Battlefield 3, and it has been a major improvement, like the Levolution, guns look a bit better, character animations are awesome and the most realistic I've seen. Combine this with a very good gameplay which is partially connected to the multiplayer you get an AWESOME game. But, there are a few things which have annoyed me: if you kill someone in Singleplayer with a sniper rifle closer than 2m their guns fly off 20m into the sky... I mean it's funny but come on, are sniper rifles so overpowered?! And also the "failed" checkpoint system. Why am I saying failed? Because it saves the game when I have an enemy gun pointed from behind to my head and I have about 5 health points? Or maybe when I fall off a cliff or I fall off a dam and it saves the game when I am at the bottom and I have to restart the mission? It's a great game overall and it's worth buying it but it has a lot of these minor flaws that just distract you. Expand
  53. Sep 27, 2014
    No es Battlefield 3, pero la experiencia sigue siendo muy buena. Pero eso si, en PS3 hay muchos aspectos descuidados (lo peor las congelaciones). Si arreglaran eso junto con algún que otro fallo en el multijugador sería una experiencia mas redonda. No se porqué quitaron el modo coop. pero da igual, el online lo compensa. La campaña está bastante bien, aunque han reducido demasiado laNo es Battlefield 3, pero la experiencia sigue siendo muy buena. Pero eso si, en PS3 hay muchos aspectos descuidados (lo peor las congelaciones). Si arreglaran eso junto con algún que otro fallo en el multijugador sería una experiencia mas redonda. No se porqué quitaron el modo coop. pero da igual, el online lo compensa. La campaña está bastante bien, aunque han reducido demasiado la dificultad. Expand
  54. Dec 29, 2014
    this is one of the few games which I was addicted too , It had stunning visuals , Epic levolution and most impotently it had one of the best gameplay I ever witnessed . The story on the other hand wasn't that good but it was still better then CoD's storyline , with the CoD cliche voice acting and its terrible plot , while BF4 on the other hand tries to at least not be a terrible clichéthis is one of the few games which I was addicted too , It had stunning visuals , Epic levolution and most impotently it had one of the best gameplay I ever witnessed . The story on the other hand wasn't that good but it was still better then CoD's storyline , with the CoD cliche voice acting and its terrible plot , while BF4 on the other hand tries to at least not be a terrible cliché like CoD . Anyway I give it a NINE because of the storyline but overall its an epic and exciting Fps game ! Expand

1. Nov 12, 2013
    To blow COD out of the water, they will need a more polished game than this. Perhaps the next-generation will provide it.
  2. Nov 11, 2013
    So there you have it, the current-gen version of Battlefield 4. To be honest, it’s not a huge leap forward over Battlefield 3. It looks slightly better but performs slightly worse.
  3. Nov 8, 2013
    The really unfortunate thing with this Premium nonsense is that the greater body of players are made to feel like they're travelling in economy class, so that the core fans can be milked. I'm not anti-DLC, but the way Battlefield Premium constantly thrusts at you just feels grubby. It's not a nice way to treat paying customers, and it's a pity to see it besmirch such a great game.