7.4

1. Sep 23, 2014
    A step completely away from the original games and even though I never played them, probably a wrong move. A very basic and forgettable 3D action game.
  2. Aug 3, 2014
    O jogo é bastante divertido, tem uma jogabilidade dinâmica e fluida, seus gráficos eram bonitos para a época em que foi lançado, a história é mediana e sua dificuldade está no ponto certo. Bionic Comanddo é um game muito divertido e com a duração certa do modo campanha, é um game muito bom, porém pouco conhecido.
  3. Dec 7, 2012
    What a weird game! it's very frustrating, and THE DAMN ARM! I would change it for a baseball bat any day! Well... I think that it was a very good project but it ended up in a very poor execution from the developers, the controls are NOT easy to master it takes a while, also at first it gives you the impression of an open world game but it's not, the maps of the game are very limited, theWhat a weird game! it's very frustrating, and THE DAMN ARM! I would change it for a baseball bat any day! Well... I think that it was a very good project but it ended up in a very poor execution from the developers, the controls are NOT easy to master it takes a while, also at first it gives you the impression of an open world game but it's not, the maps of the game are very limited, the graphics are not so good and the A.I. it's very bad too. It's hard to aim while you are running or hanging. You can go on with your gaming life no need to try this really. Expand
  4. Feb 5, 2012
    Cuando me hice del juego pense, en que demonios gaste mi dinero, posteriormente aplique la de niño con nada mas que hacer y dedique mi tiempo libre en tratar de disfrutarlo, que la verdad me costo trabajo, ya que las graficas y los escenarios son bastante simples y repetitivos, y lograr pasar un nivel es una prueba entre pericia y paciencia, en eso radica que me interese elCuando me hice del juego pense, en que demonios gaste mi dinero, posteriormente aplique la de niño con nada mas que hacer y dedique mi tiempo libre en tratar de disfrutarlo, que la verdad me costo trabajo, ya que las graficas y los escenarios son bastante simples y repetitivos, y lograr pasar un nivel es una prueba entre pericia y paciencia, en eso radica que me interese el juego hasta acabarlo, en decir, esta bien dificil pero cuando lo acabe lo vendere enseguida, hahaha, lo unico que puedo rescatar es el final, no pense que terminara de esa forma, solo por el final le puedo dar esta calificacion, todo lo demas es muy plano Expand
  5. Feb 5, 2012
    Good game but honestly, it needs more checkpoints. I won't even criticize the gameplay, because maybe that takes getting used to for most people, but starting again from the beginning is just plain annoying and frustrating. I have enjoyed it, but not sure I would recommend buying over renting it.
  6. Jan 19, 2012
    To make it short, the story is rather uninteresting, the characters, too. The rest is great! The controls work perfectly, I absolutely loved swinging around the environments both during exploration and combat, it's extremely fun and satisfying. The beginning felt a bit slow and tedious, mostly because the first area isn't very intersting, but once that's behind you, the game becomes muchTo make it short, the story is rather uninteresting, the characters, too. The rest is great! The controls work perfectly, I absolutely loved swinging around the environments both during exploration and combat, it's extremely fun and satisfying. The beginning felt a bit slow and tedious, mostly because the first area isn't very intersting, but once that's behind you, the game becomes much better. The graphics are very pretty and the later areas are very well done. Did I mention how fun it is to swing around in them? They're also vast and extendend. One thing I particularly loved was the music in this game. To describe the gameplay ââ Expand
  7. Jan 13, 2012
    Some of the most fun multiplayer battles I have ever had in any game. ANY GAME! The single player is a bit constricted but still a lot of fun and the score is one of the best I've heard since the NES-days.
  8. Feb 9, 2011
    The gameplay is pretty good, I found myself swinging wildly out of control sometimes because it's impossible to predict what the physics will deem the force of your jump or fall. Combat is also a mixed bag, and gets repetitive. On the bright side the graphics were pretty good, the multiplayer was decent (but not great). The story was just pathetic, and the ending was abrupt and awkward. IThe gameplay is pretty good, I found myself swinging wildly out of control sometimes because it's impossible to predict what the physics will deem the force of your jump or fall. Combat is also a mixed bag, and gets repetitive. On the bright side the graphics were pretty good, the multiplayer was decent (but not great). The story was just pathetic, and the ending was abrupt and awkward. I wish this game had an open world, rather than giving you the illusion of one than telling you to go in a straight line or get insta-killed by invisible barriers. Bionic Commando had the start of an awesome game, but falls short in to many areas to be recommended. And now that the developer is bankrupt we will never get to see a potentially great sequel... Expand
  9. Feb 7, 2011
    This game is great and did not deserve poor sales. I think the "official" critics got this one wrong. GRIN did a very good job here and I'm glad some of the staff went on to form Fatshark and have now put out Bionic Commando Rearmed 2.

Bionic Commando for the PS3 is a lot of fun, especially finding all the secrets. It takes a while to get used to the game, but it is worth learning how to swing around the levels - awesome. It's the kind of game I know I will play again.
  10. Aug 18, 2010
    Despite what the reviews say, Bionic Commando is one of the most fun games to be released this generation. GRIN's final game is also they're most entertaining and Bionic Commando soars higher than most other sequels can dream of. Despite it's short length, it will keep you hooked throughout and end right when you think "I've had my fill of this".
  11. HeikkiRepo
    Jan 21, 2010
    Not bad at all! In fact, it is very addictive and cool looking sci-fi adventure that has unique game mechanics and great atmosphere. Game deals good amount of sudden deaths, but it wasn't game breaker for me. Positives rule out the negatives. If you see this game sold out cheap, get it!
  12. RienyeN.
    Jan 18, 2010
    Capcom missed the mark on this game. It can be incredibly frustrating and quite cool at the same time. The save points are way to far between each other. It takes forever to figure out how to deal with any bosses as you waste all your ammo trying to blast your way through only to realise that your weapons have no effect (and thats when there's any ammo around to use on the boss!!!). Capcom missed the mark on this game. It can be incredibly frustrating and quite cool at the same time. The save points are way to far between each other. It takes forever to figure out how to deal with any bosses as you waste all your ammo trying to blast your way through only to realise that your weapons have no effect (and thats when there's any ammo around to use on the boss!!!). Bosses also have attacks that cant be dodged..its just infuriating. Even the controls take long to master. And when the grunts do come along, they can be finished off in a matter of seconds depending on what weapon you use. The game will keep you coming back if only in the hope that it gets better along the way but it just fails to live up your expectations. I wouldnt say dont play it, but there's better stuff out there than this. Play Ratchet & Clank: Crack In Time or Resistance 2 instead Expand
  13. BigJoe
    Oct 6, 2009
    I had brought Bionic Commando Rearmed and had liked that game alot. I then heard a sequel was to be released. When it was, all my friends said "don't get it, all the critics gave it poor reviews". I was still determined to. When I did get, I was glad I did. Don't listen to the critics anymore, because they obviously don't know what makes a good game these days. The gameplay I had brought Bionic Commando Rearmed and had liked that game alot. I then heard a sequel was to be released. When it was, all my friends said "don't get it, all the critics gave it poor reviews". I was still determined to. When I did get, I was glad I did. Don't listen to the critics anymore, because they obviously don't know what makes a good game these days. The gameplay is awesome and adrenaline filled. The soundtrack is amazing. The graphics are some of the best I've seen. One of it's flaws is the radiation barrier because you get killed like 3 seconds later when your inside it. All in all, this game is probably the most overated game of 2009. It deserves 9 out of 10. Expand
  14. TylerH
    Jun 30, 2009
    Im very torn on this game. One minute, I like it, the next I hate it. Controls take a while to get used to, some customization with them would have been nice. Only form of save points are when you finish a level. Go through an entire area, make a mistake, start all over! Fantastic waste of time! Graphics are nice here and there, but begin to look dull rather quickly, with everything Im very torn on this game. One minute, I like it, the next I hate it. Controls take a while to get used to, some customization with them would have been nice. Only form of save points are when you finish a level. Go through an entire area, make a mistake, start all over! Fantastic waste of time! Graphics are nice here and there, but begin to look dull rather quickly, with everything blending together (aside from the advertizing sticking blatently out in the open as the only things with color). Combat is more or less enjoyable, the sounds of the guns are whimpy. Yet another Capcom game that could have been so much more, its restrained by so many faults that your hard pressed to find the fun in it all. I've gained almost zero satisfaction from getting farther in the game/killing enemies/whatever. My advice would be to rent, as I have, saving a rather nice amount of money. Expand
  15. DanleroiXX
    Jun 10, 2009
    A gameplay bankrupt for videogame frustrating and a boring. Graphically it expire, the control of the personage is very bad. Bionic Command is one of the most large errors than Capcom, the much worse one than Dino Crisis 3. Sin because it could come outside large videogame like its those. Unfortunately if a video game is not giocabile it is not a video game.
  16. MackM.
    Jun 9, 2009
    Best most addicting game I played this year so far besides Street Fighter IV...once the superb single player is done you can play infinitely online against fellow grapplers in one of the best online competitive modes ever. There's really nothing else like it and if you give it some time will be able to swing thru the air at blazing speeds while sniping someone else who is doing the Best most addicting game I played this year so far besides Street Fighter IV...once the superb single player is done you can play infinitely online against fellow grapplers in one of the best online competitive modes ever. There's really nothing else like it and if you give it some time will be able to swing thru the air at blazing speeds while sniping someone else who is doing the same. Gaming bliss! Expand
  17. MasonicInc
    May 27, 2009
    A refreshing game that tries something new and gets a beating for from journalists that clearly don't know how to play a game. This is a game for gamers and not just some mainstream product in a long series of uninteresting games.
  18. AnthonyR.
    May 21, 2009
    amazing graphical detail. A lot of potential with many of the stage areas but is hindered by the age old invisible barriers or "radiation zones" as the game suggests. there is a steep learning curve but once mastered can make for some really exhilarating gameplay but can also cause must frustration. weapons in the game could use a more "beefed up" feel to them.
  19. MaxC
    May 21, 2009
    Ignore all the critics that scored this below 80. Hell, I'd even go as far to say ignore any that scored it below 90. This game is absolutely fantastic. That's all I can say. Just buy it. I cannot stress this enough.

1. If the level design did a better job of integrating exploration, platforming, and environmental puzzles, it could have overcome its deficiencies on the combat front. As it is now, Bionic Commando is only worth a rent or bargain bin purchase.
    Do not believe the negative hype. I cannot recommend Bionic Commando enough.
  3. There are some great moments, but they're few and far between. [July 2009, p.80]