BioShock Infinite PlayStation 3

8.5

1. Apr 16, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite puts you in the shoes of Booker Dewitt, the first of the main two protagonists found in Bioshock Infinite, the other being Elizabeth.
    "Bring us the girl and wipe away the debt" This is a quote that you will hear numerous times throughout the story, and really thrusts the underlying story into its course of action as you rock through the world of Columbia, the floating city in the sky where this game takes place.
    Your start off at a lighthouse, dropped off on a boat by a man and a woman It is not the same lighthouse from the original Bioshock, but a completely different one altogether, with only have a vague idea of where you’re heading.
    You must retrieve and save a girl named Elizabeth, who is trapped inside an enormous statue. But Elizabeth is no ordinary character. Elizabeth has powers like no other, opening tears in the world are her ‘thing’. She has been created so well and realistically that you want to care for her. You want to save her. She will frequently throw you ammo, salts, health and money throughout the entire campaign, also making for a very generous but not overloading attribute. She doesn’t throw you too much, and it’s very evenly spread out as well.
    Your character, Booker Dewitt is a totally different kind of person to Elizabeth. He is on this journey which is almost outcast, and you can tell instantly that he doesn’t fit into the flying city in the sky. Something about the world and its inhabitants, its surroundings feels different than any other game. One reason is because the game is riddled with political racism towards black people and Irish people (like me), and they are known as the Vox Populi. The story from here is an extravagant one. It takes you away with its indulgent story and really tries to mess with your mental capacity.
    The graphics in Bioshock Infinite are second to only some, e.g. Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, but are superbly done nevertheless and are perfect for what this game wishes to tell. The skies are a great cerulean blue, the city is bright and welcoming, while the slums are dark and unforgiving.
    Bioshock Infinite boasts amazing controls and gameplay mechanics. The addition of vigors, the original Bioshock’s plasmids, is a welcome one. There is solid fun to be had out of using Bucking Bronco or Return to Sender which makes you just feel like a badass. The weapons also found in Infinite are wonderful to use and really have a ‘Uumph’ behind each of them. The AI in Bioshock Infinite is some of the best in the industry, being very smart and strategic in all situations.
    Bioshock Infinite’s engaging story, followed by its’ immense graphics alongside some of today’s most solid gameplay and controls makes this an easy contender for game of the year.
  2. Apr 14, 2013
    This is my first BioShock game, and I thought it was amazing. Even my girlfiend who sometimes will watch me play games to help out with puzzles commented that "this is the best video game I've ever seen!" The city of Columbia was well realized and I enjoyed the social commentary throughout the game's setting. I played Tomb Raider after this, and my girlfriend said "none of theseThis is my first BioShock game, and I thought it was amazing. Even my girlfiend who sometimes will watch me play games to help out with puzzles commented that "this is the best video game I've ever seen!" The city of Columbia was well realized and I enjoyed the social commentary throughout the game's setting. I played Tomb Raider after this, and my girlfriend said "none of these characters are nearly as interesting as Elizabeth." I truly am not a fan of FPS at all, but the Easy setting let me enjoy the action and story without being too stressed out. Definitely a game I will replay given the chance, and I also look forward to playing the original BioShock. Expand
  3. Apr 6, 2013
    Ill keep this short and sweet: Awesome game. Can't wait to play it again. Believe the hype. GOTY candidate for sure. Super fun shooter with a gripping story and beautiful graphics. If you love video games get this!
  4. Jun 2, 2013
    In a word...Amazing! The game is a little short (which is why I had to deduct a point), but overall I was very satisfied. The game play is great, but the story is what I came for and it did not disappoint. I do not want to give any spoilers, but it was an amazing experience and I highly recommend the game to anyone that likes to play games!!
  5. Mar 26, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece! They managed to do EVERYTHING Right! I got a good 16 hours out of this game, If your thinking about buying this game, DO IT, You wont regret it!
  6. Apr 16, 2013
    Good game, but too short. While the game looks good, it isn't much of an improvement over Bioshock. I did like the combat mechanics. Way too many weapons and "vigors" that you don't have much time to invest in or use. I think it's pretty obvious that these were added for a multilayer mode that didn't happen. I think the plotting was uneven and didn't seem to have much logic to it.
  7. Mar 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A great game with sterling cinematic writing, it's a deserved edition to your collection. I wasn't a fan of the previous 2 Bioshock games but this one has taken the game to (literally) another level. I was unsure at first as the gameplay is almost identical to Dishonored and other similar games, but as soon as I was given the skyhook it blew me away. Great game. Expand
  8. Jun 4, 2013
    First off, I have to say that the ending *SPOILERS* was great and the way it worked by rear-ending itself killing the loop of DeWitt turning into Comstock was brilliant, but I think the gameplay shone through more for me than just the ending.

The Skyrail system was AWESOME, the vigors/gear were a welcome addition (especially the gear, go the 70% Electric Melee 3 x Melee reach FTW!!) Melee was an integral part of my combat rotation, and it felt so clean and natural it's hard to put into words how good it felt raining death from above, charging, melee then shotgunning (very Mass Effect Vanguard-esque).

Overall I give it a 9.5 out of 10 would have got a full 10/10 if it was a tad' longer.. but 10 hours is pretty good none-the-less.

Pretty Good!
  9. Jul 20, 2013
    "Bioshock Infinite has such an amazing story and a great way of telling it, you'll be a hook till you hit with a unsuspecting plot at the middle and end. Now only if the gameplay was that amazing as the story."
  10. Jun 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Doesn't use the vast opportunity of alternate dimensions to it's fullest. Core story is very shallow, despite seeming very intricate at first. Combat is non existent and Elizabeth is a very bad side character that seems to be there just to throw coins to you through walls. Expand
  11. Jun 17, 2013
    good game
    A good game but during the attachment in their tracks same mistakes !
    Repeat many in the murder or duplicate the style of play
    Boring sometimes
    Fees are very good
    Very beautiful colors
    The story related to blasphemy and acute
  12. Apr 9, 2013
    There aren't enough words or review that can tell you how good this game is, but if some word is close to describe it is masterpiece, easily, one of the best games out there right now, is one of those games that always amaze you and you never want to finish it because every fragment of the game is awsome.
    The ability to make you feel the plot, the identified you feel with Booker is
    The ability to make you feel the plot, the identified you feel with Booker is something that no other game had transmited me before.
    The music, artistical design, the environments fit perfectly to the situation.
    I'm not gonna say that the gameplay mechanichs are amazing because maybe are a bit simple, but they are fun as hell and the made their goal because I haven't experience myself that tedious moment in other games of here are enemies", they probably should change the vigors and weapon enhancements to make them more fluid, I didn't change my vigors because I had the maxed and same with the weapons, that isn't bad either, but in some places I felt that I wanted to use other weapon or vigor and I realise that was a bad idea because they weren't leveled, but, as I say, the combat is very fun despite being a bit simple.
    The A.I (Elizabeth) is the best partneryou can find in an game,she reacts to the environment, she interacts with it, she speaks you acordingly to the situation, simply amazing.
    Congratulations to Ken Levin and his team, I can count with my fingers the games that I think they deserve a 10/10 and this is one of them.
  13. Mar 28, 2013
    Great graphics and interesting storyline. Combat is still second rate in my opinion, but the splendour of the environment will more than compensate for it. Disappointing though, to see, in the first few minutes, a large sign over one of the shops with a spelling error. (Confectionary) Sort of detracts from the professionalism of the game somewhat. Nevertheless, you won't be disappointedGreat graphics and interesting storyline. Combat is still second rate in my opinion, but the splendour of the environment will more than compensate for it. Disappointing though, to see, in the first few minutes, a large sign over one of the shops with a spelling error. (Confectionary) Sort of detracts from the professionalism of the game somewhat. Nevertheless, you won't be disappointed with this one. Expand
  14. Mar 28, 2013
    This is a great game, and Columbia is beautiful. It has a really solid story and excellent gameplay, but I have to admit I enjoyed Rapture much more. The Original 'Bioshock' is better. 'Infinite' feels almost to open world-ish at times for a Bioshock game that It feels like I have to spend just as much time looting as I do shooting just to prevent from running out of ammo and vigor, andThis is a great game, and Columbia is beautiful. It has a really solid story and excellent gameplay, but I have to admit I enjoyed Rapture much more. The Original 'Bioshock' is better. 'Infinite' feels almost to open world-ish at times for a Bioshock game that It feels like I have to spend just as much time looting as I do shooting just to prevent from running out of ammo and vigor, and while it has a good story, it's got nothing on the original. Expand
  15. Mar 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Gameplay 10/10 It plays great, people who are worried about the partner AI being annoying worry yourselves not Elizabeth is no (insert resident evil AI partner/escort here) she actually helps you (throws you ammo, money, health-packs, salts.) and will "teleport" close to you (but behind you or off to the side so it doesn't break immersion) if you get too far ahead of her. The "vigors" (plasmids) and guns feel great although I found I was using the pistols mostly (possibly just my preference I find I like pistols in most games for some reason)

Graphics 9/10 mostly amazing, there's alot of bloom at times and I had to turn down my brightness just to be able to see enemies that were in the same direction as the sun. (I wont give you alot of details here because frankly I don't know about graphics, if it looks nice it looks nice right?) Audio 8/10 the sound effects are amazing, the guns (especially the pistol) make big boom! The music is eerie when it needs to be and really adds to the atmosphere. only complaints I have are that the combat is really loud at times, which is both good and bad and is easily remedied by turning down the SFX volume (or just doing what I did and turning down my speakers when it gets loud so's not to piss off the neighbors :P) and sometimes the dialogue is too quiet. Story 4/10 "Bioshock: Fringe Division! Don't get me wrong the atmosphere is great and the story is great for the most part but in the end it left me not able make balls or brains out of what the flying actually happened, it's like a bastardized version of Fringe, except fringe made sense, this doesn't, I get the feeling they were trying to be too philosophical with the ending except the writers are definitely not philosophers. World-building 10/10 Bioshock Infinite creates an amazing world taking hint from post revolutionary war and civil war themes and issues. Characters 7/10 The game's characters for the most part are amazing you'll fall in love with Elizabeth and want to rip Comstock's dick out of his eye-sockets, however near the beginning of the game Elizabeth does a few things that didn't sit right with me, for example the first time you kill a room full of bad guys she runs away, but as soon as you catch up with her again she's all happy to be friends again, with only a couple of lines of dialogue explanation on why you had to go postal on all those human beings.
  16. Mar 30, 2013
    It begins much like the previous BioShock games, just you against the world trying to achieve a single goal, but during the rescue of Elizabeth a relationship is formed with her character that makes the ending such a surprising, poignant and emotional moment. My only negative, and quite a large one at that, would be that it was too quick to finish, even though I chose Hard mode from theIt begins much like the previous BioShock games, just you against the world trying to achieve a single goal, but during the rescue of Elizabeth a relationship is formed with her character that makes the ending such a surprising, poignant and emotional moment. My only negative, and quite a large one at that, would be that it was too quick to finish, even though I chose Hard mode from the beginning. 18 hours according to Steam, although that was over the Easter weekend so I had plenty of game time available. Yes, I could now play it in 1999 mode for it to be more difficult but, unlike the previous BioShock, this is a fixed story line and I have no wish to revisit Columbia and my relationship with Elizabeth, knowing how it will end. Expand
  17. Mar 31, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Disappointed is the word I would use to describe my feeling about this game. While the game is visual beautiful, it lacks from the previous games in the franchise. To bad they did not get this game right. Not only is it the shortest of the three, it has a annoying story to follow. I found the purpose of traps with every vigor somewhat useless as majority of the environments are large in comparison to the first 2 bioshock. The story and ending was confusing at times, and I to finished the game feeling ripped off. Glad I payed for a short game with a little enjoyment in the game play. The time line seems to be short so the bond between Elizabeth and Booker is forgettable. I hate that you can carry only two guns. I looked forward to another one in the series, but this game wasn't as good, and like I said I was left feeling disappointed. Expand
  18. Apr 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Yes, this game has an incredibly high Critic rating and those are given to it not only for it's graphics, engine, artificial intelligence, interesting weaponry and powers, cleverly created atmosphere and setting.
    This game is one of the first multi-million dollar productions, which is created against racism with a very powerful story. With regards to being a first-person shooter, it is not the best. It doesn't add too much to the genre and the graphics have better rivals like ES V Skyrim, Crysis 3, Tomb Raider, etc. However, the story flows like a river, the gore and violence is balanced, the achievements are making the player go for more, while there are not tons of things to explore, it is still a very big setting and as all Bioshock games, it is unique and eerily enchanting. I can not say that Bioshock Infinite can technically be the GOTY, but it definitely is a bold and attractive way of giving a game some "character" and making the player "feel it". I think it has to be in your collection.
  19. Apr 8, 2013
    Yes i will agree with anyone who will say this is a very good game, cause frankly it is, but there are some down sides, i feel for a game that took so long to make it should be allot longer than 8 hours, yes it may be 8 hours of great game play but it is too short for the price tag of £40 considering no multi-player has been added.I also thing the powers in this game are very pointless andYes i will agree with anyone who will say this is a very good game, cause frankly it is, but there are some down sides, i feel for a game that took so long to make it should be allot longer than 8 hours, yes it may be 8 hours of great game play but it is too short for the price tag of £40 considering no multi-player has been added.I also thing the powers in this game are very pointless and do not make any sense in the games settings, also why do only your character use them considering they are heavily advertised around new Columbia. But on the good side it does have good game play and possibly the best ending in a game I have ever seen, Elizabeth is also a very good character and the fact that the story is centred around her works very well. Due to al of this i believe it deserves an 8, I also believe it only got a 10 from alot of people was due to it being a Bioshock game. Expand
  20. Apr 12, 2013
    this game is amazing from start to finish great gameplay amazing story good combat good variety of enemies one of the best games I've ever played irrational games does it again
  21. Apr 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. BioShock Infinite is great game tho its much as the others. This is much of copy from 2. Lets get to talking about the game goods and the bad. What i liked about BioShock Infinite was story. It was very interesting and compelling. It was very mature and it speaks to the player on personal and emotional way like walking dead.
    When you you get into the lighthouse and lift off i was wow this is cool and when you got up to the clouds i was wow this is awesome! Graphics were so amazing that its very big plus.
    First when you start using vigor's and weapons it was cool. Also good thing was you get the different weapons and vigor's pretty fast. When i had played this half a day i got bit bored. Too much fighting. I feel that i didn't had enough of resting. You know what i mean? A break when i want to see animations etc. I would have seen more of that
    After all this is very good game and i hope that other game creators would create games like this. Emotional games that personally affects the player. Making him sad and happy.
  22. May 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It was a pretty fun adventure but I do feel a bit sad for the Dewitt fellow with the suicide and all.But then again could always just switch dimensions and see him in action again.I also never found out why Comstock is raciest after his or should I say Booker's origin.If you see me say I said hello. Expand
  23. Jun 5, 2013
    I was scared that all the hype would build my expectations up to the point where the game couldn't meet them, but it didn't. This game was fantastic. The last hour or so of the game throws alot at you at once, and for alot of people it will be hard to understand. If you do manage to grasp the concepts, however, you might want to lay a pillow out on the floor for when your jaw hits it.
  24. Jun 12, 2013
    It is obvious a GoTY contender and most people who hate it are mainly just hipster jumping on the bandwagon because all they play are indie games.
  25. May 3, 2013
    It might be a little early to say but this might just be my game of the year, maybe even my game of the decade. It really is that good. It does exactly what a sequel should do, it expands upon what the previous game or games have offered and creates an experience that feels totally new, yet delightfully familiar. Once again Irrational Games has created a world that will suck you in. TheIt might be a little early to say but this might just be my game of the year, maybe even my game of the decade. It really is that good. It does exactly what a sequel should do, it expands upon what the previous game or games have offered and creates an experience that feels totally new, yet delightfully familiar. Once again Irrational Games has created a world that will suck you in. The narrative and setting both are near perfect and couldn't have been done better. You'll want to explore every nook and cranny of Columbia, and the game rewards you for doing so. Whether it's a voxophone recording or a power up exploring the local bar or store is always worth your time. The gameplay is fantastic, the excellent combination of gunplay and Vigors (aka Plasmids) makes for an extremely fun experience. I can't talk about this game without giving praise to the Elizabeth AI. From the moment I knew she would be with me I was worried that this game was going to turn out to be one long and irritating escort mission. Thankfully I couldn't have been more wrong, throughout the entire game I never once had to make sure Elizabeth was safe during a firefight. She's able to take care of herself and even helps you out during combat by giving you health and ammo when you're low. She also is able to "tears" which give you access to things like cover or turrets. I was glad that she was by my side when I was playing this game. BioShock Infinite is a rare kind of game, it hooks you right from the beginning and makes the FPS genre feel fresh again, and does it without multiplayer of any form. It makes you feel and is absolutely an essential purchase. Mix in the fact that the PS3 version of BioShock Infinite comes with a free downloadable copy of the original BioShock already installed on the disc and you have no reason not to go and pick this game up right now. That is unless you just hate having fun. Expand
  26. Jul 24, 2013
    Just have to pull the user score up. This game becomes fantastic, especially once you get to the ending. It may sound strange, but the ending make the game over all from well done, to "something we'll talk about in 10 years".
  27. Mar 11, 2014
    I beat this game awhile ago, I recently just tried getting some more trophies for it...
    One thing I always hated about the other Bio shock games is, die had no consequence as you would start 2 seconds from where you died in a vita chamber... This was is similar, however if you die in this one you lose money, which is essential to upgrading your stuff and other things.. I really liked that much more than the vita chambers. The graphics are nice, the sound is good. Now the story to this game was ok, for me it was very much too predictable, I knew what would happen before it happened, including the "twist" at the end. The game has a lot of hard work put into it, it was not done by a lazy team that is for sure, considering a lot of devs nowadays are cash grabs...However the gameplay itself, was nice at first but it became really boring. Sure swinging on skyhooks and jumping off and murdering people is cool and all, but it just gets boring...rather quickly... I also beat this game on the hardest difficulty and I will add that the hardest difficulty should of been normal mode.. The hardest difficulty option was not difficult at all, anyone could do it...Now at first I was worried the elizebeth would be annoying, but turns out you are happy to have her with yu, she will give you items when you are low and she doesn't get in the way , the did this right as I have seen many other games fail in AI co op.. I give the game an 8.
  28. Mar 26, 2015
    I was not really a fan of Bioshock before but I liked BioShock Infinite, I think that the addition of Elizabeth really makes the game more interesting. Also I liked the graphics and the environment. The story is great but a little confusing, they could have made it easier to follow.
  29. Jan 13, 2014
    The setting is amazing and rarely used, the combat is solid with the powers as an ideal addition but the heartpiece of Infinite is its story. Its complex and gets you emotionally.
  30. Nov 9, 2013
    Attention to details is unsurpassed in this game. Graphics are rich and beautiful. This game deserves 10 out of 10 in every category. I highly recommend this game.1
  31. Jun 16, 2013
    This game is amazing visually, the graphics and scenery of the city were wonderful. The story was quite interesting. I was hoping for more free roam to explore the city and ride the skylines however. Overall, a brilliant game.
  32. May 13, 2013
    First of all this is by no means a "Bioshock", this has nothing to do (but the game title) with previous Bioshock games. No little sisters, no big daddys, no rapture, etc. It has its fair similitudes but thats it.

Aside from that, I must say this game blowed me away the first hour of play (then I got used to its awesome ambient, graphics, sounds and freakingly great soundtrack).

Really good story, lots of action, the enemies and Elizabeth feel smart, plus the interaction of Elizabeth and the surrounding areas its something I have never seen before in a game, its just so damn good.

This game feels unique in terms of in game art, story and music. I do recommend this game, but not to anyone. This game its art and its worth every penny.

The downside, the game is really short, offers no consequences to your actions therefore, no multiple endings. Getting the missing trophies/achievements dictate its replay value since it offers nothing more for a 2nd or a 3rd playthrough.
  33. Nov 21, 2013
    I was hesitant on picking this game up at first. The game is a bit cartoonish, but for some reason it's super-violent. Very strange combination. But the story is fantastic and the characters play off of each other well. The game is very different from the original Bioshock, but it still feels like a Bioshock game.
  34. Sep 4, 2014
    Graphics: 9.5 Gameplay: 9.5 Fun: 10 Controls: 10 Ease to Learn: 9
    Story:10
    Length: 8.5
    Re-play: 8
    Audio: 10
    Bugs/Glitches: some but not noticeable most times
  35. Mar 10, 2014
    This was my first Bioshock game ever, so I cannot comment how good it is compared to the original... It's fine game, don't get me wrong and I've loved the world in a first hour or so, however - it's not that special. And it get's a bit repetitive after a while. You run, you'll notice tears, you know there is going to be a fight (with the same repetitive enemies over and over again)...This was my first Bioshock game ever, so I cannot comment how good it is compared to the original... It's fine game, don't get me wrong and I've loved the world in a first hour or so, however - it's not that special. And it get's a bit repetitive after a while. You run, you'll notice tears, you know there is going to be a fight (with the same repetitive enemies over and over again)...

Story is good, atmosfere is briliant - but I don't think it deserves 1010.
  36. Jan 31, 2014
    You might want to read explanations after playing the game. It left me barely grasping the connections, only partly satisfied by getting the main 'reveal', but wikis have helped me see the whole genius of the plot and concept. Never before this game have I played a game with such intricate logic, combined with such a deeply philosophical understanding of existence. Just take everyone'sYou might want to read explanations after playing the game. It left me barely grasping the connections, only partly satisfied by getting the main 'reveal', but wikis have helped me see the whole genius of the plot and concept. Never before this game have I played a game with such intricate logic, combined with such a deeply philosophical understanding of existence. Just take everyone's word for it, but be aware that you may not be smart enough to figure out the intricacies and see the full value on your own. The gameplay is solid BTW, fun fast-paced shooting, and interesting audio collectibles strewn throughout the virtual marvel that is Columbia. If it wasn't for the story, I wouldn't consider a second play-through. But man, it's now when it makes sense that I want to discover the game. One downside is that Elizabeth is mostly not used actively in the gameplay. That had more potential. Expand
  37. Sep 1, 2013
    it's Perfect in quite a few ways, amazing characters, flawless visuals, great gameplay, great story & a beautiful world. i didn't play the first game, nor the second, played Infinite simply because a friend told me too, & i was blown away. the story & difficulty curves are prefect. yes the story is a bit complicated but that adds to the whole experience
  38. Jul 27, 2013
    I always thought that Metal Gear Solid 4 was the greatest game ever made for the PS3, a game that was perfection from beginning to end...then I played Bioshock Infinite...and now I am seriously forced to consider which game is better. Bioshock Infinite is an absolute masterpiece, a game without any flaws whatsoever!!! The gameplay is exciting, the characters are ones you actually want toI always thought that Metal Gear Solid 4 was the greatest game ever made for the PS3, a game that was perfection from beginning to end...then I played Bioshock Infinite...and now I am seriously forced to consider which game is better. Bioshock Infinite is an absolute masterpiece, a game without any flaws whatsoever!!! The gameplay is exciting, the characters are ones you actually want to root for, the city of Columbia is amazing, and everything ends in perhaps the GREATEST ENDING THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN IN A GAME!!!! I cannot stress enough how great this game is!! It is truly an innovative experience! Expand
  39. Oct 2, 2014
    A great FPS with a unique personality and awesome ideas. Different from Bioshock, ¿better?, I think that it is different, less dark. But the journey for Columbia is full of surprises and the possibility of travel with Elisabeth and the history is a very good point.
  40. May 15, 2013
    This game was hyped up a lot both by the game industry and the internet. I was told that this game was similar to Bioshock 1, but the whole time I kept waiting for a bigger variety of enemies. Sadly, most of the enemies are just standard humans, combined with the Patriots and similar automatons and the rare Handyman. Other than that, the humans enemies are utterly boring. As previouslyThis game was hyped up a lot both by the game industry and the internet. I was told that this game was similar to Bioshock 1, but the whole time I kept waiting for a bigger variety of enemies. Sadly, most of the enemies are just standard humans, combined with the Patriots and similar automatons and the rare Handyman. Other than that, the humans enemies are utterly boring. As previously mentioned you do not need most of the vigors, and some even have very similar effects, which makes them seem like an afterthought. You will primarily use possession spoiler since most of the enemies are either groups of humans or automatons. However, the game is visually stunning and the story is one of the deepest I have come across in awhile, dealing with issues not normally tackled in the game industry; America's racist past, the morality of pre-WW2 capitalist society, the illusion of choice, and concepts of time and dimension. It can be a very heady game, and the ending is actually quite satisfying. There are several "wow" moments in the gameplay which makes up for the boring enemies and somewhat dumb AI, but it takes awhile and for the most part you are just in a early 20th century city. Also I found that this game immediately looked, felt, and played exactly like Dishonored, to the point where some of the first levels look like they could have been ripped directly, and the looting looks almost identical as well with food and other small power ups scattered all around on top of objects or tucked into corners. Some of the powers also seem ripped straight from Dishonored. This is not such a bad thing, as Dishonored is a great game and this does it one up with better visuals and story, but still if you played both you will notice an almost identical setting and a less stealth more FPS oriented gameplay. The game is not very hard either, I beat it in about 5 days, and since there is no multiplayer or online co-op I do not feel motivated to try and beat it again on hard or buy the season pass. I am giving this game an 8, but if you are not interested in a riveting story, great visuals, atmosphere, and only care about gameplay, then you should consider it more a 6.5 or 7 as at its core it is mostly just a loot-and-shoot FPS with powers. The weapons are also somewhat generic and mostly WW1 era weapons like pistols, carbines, machine guns, repeaters, shotguns, and so on with occasional futuristic variations like the heater or hand cannon. Like the vigors however, a lot of these weapons seem exactly the same and tacked on as an after though. The 2 gun system was OK with me, and seemed to work with the set and setting, as it makes you manage your ammo by dropping a stronger gun with little ammo for a found gun with full ammo, but my major gripe is that when you drop a gun in order to pick up a new one, you lose it after going to another room. This means if you are, for example, using a more powerful carbine against a horde of enemies and use up most of your ammo, and switch to an enemy dropped machine gun, you can not go back and pick up your carbine if you find an ammo cache or vending machine around a corner. Even worse, if you accidentally pick up a found weapon and put it back down, it is gone when you come back with more ammo. This does not add to the gameplay and seems like lazy programming.

However this game gets major bonus points for dealing with tough issues and providing one of the best stories I have seen in years. Showing the gilded era in all its negative light made it very powerful, and it is overall a very mature and heady game that plays as much like a movie or graphic novel as it does an FPS. I feel like this game could have done a lot more, however, definitely in gameplay, weapons, powers. and enemy development, and to some degree with using the setting better. Also I would have liked more done with the different tears you enter, as they are the source of much of the stunning visuals. The programmers dropped an opportunity to really let loose, and reading about the issues with the dev team, it seems like they just left a lot of things out after they had the story in place. I really wish you killed more baddies than WW1 era soldiers, cops, private security, and automaton robots. However the final battle on the air ship was really cool, and the zeppelin battles have the graphics you would expect from cutscenes as part of the gameplay.

Altogether, this is simply an average FPS-with-powers-loot-and-shoot with a story that goes above and beyond anything else in a long time. If you like atmospheric games with great writing and character development I actually felt emotionally connected to Elizabeth, something rare in games then pick it up used. However if you are looking for a game with deep gameplay, lots of different enemies, varied guns, powers, and power ups, then you may want to pass on this.
  41. Dec 8, 2013
    Loved it! A very unique FPS, the journey through Bioshock Infinte was epic there's a lot of action and i mean a lot! The graphics are very good though there are some strange blured textures i've encountered on both Ps3 and 360. The sound and the music is excellent the gameplay is fast and perfect. The story... ahh well the story is Bioshock Infinte's biggest strength and weakness or flawLoved it! A very unique FPS, the journey through Bioshock Infinte was epic there's a lot of action and i mean a lot! The graphics are very good though there are some strange blured textures i've encountered on both Ps3 and 360. The sound and the music is excellent the gameplay is fast and perfect. The story... ahh well the story is Bioshock Infinte's biggest strength and weakness or flaw whatever, while it's very engaging and it grabs you from the very beggining later on it gets very strange and hard to follow all that parallel universe crap got me so confused. in other words it's a mindf**k! Other than that the game is amazing and the campaign is very long for a fps definitelly a must buy! 9.6/10 Expand
  42. Aug 8, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a game that will stick to you long after you finish it. Irrational games has made a game that will never be forgotten. I believe that the goal of developers should not be to create a game to play, but a game worth experiencing. And that is exactly what Bioshock Infinite is. An experience.

FULL REVIEW AT: http://hapticzone.wordpress.com/
  43. May 27, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is great, but it's not perfect.

The gameplay is not always as tight as in other Triple A games, nor are the ideas expressed always as challenging or original as in many Indie games. But, rarely are challenging ideas brought up in a Triple A game they were in Bioshock, and they are again in Bioshock Infinite. This game has points of pure greatness that transcend
    Bioshock Infinite is great, but it's not perfect.

This game has points of pure greatness that transcend the overall goodness of the game; and if for no other reason, purchase and play this game so that you can experience a game which challenges your perception of morality, reality and the conventions of modern game design.

Rarely do games of this size present such introspection as to the medium, and criticisms of social norms.

Buy this game... would you kindly...
  44. Jun 8, 2013
    I thought it was overhyped. It was a good game but not great. You barely knew you were in the sky because many levels took place indoors or, if you were outdoors, didn't add to the game play. I thought the enemies got a little repetitive too. Other than these flaws, it was a good FPS. Bioshock was still better.
  45. Feb 9, 2014
    Another piece of art game for BioShock. Lovely story and enjoyable game play just like BioShock 1.
    I have no takes on the game except for the auto save points that I wished to be more frequent and after each fight.
    The story has an interesting twist. New elements added to it that made it that interesting. I loved the Sky-line ride and fights. I finished the game and now replaying it on
    I loved the Sky-line ride and fights.
    I finished the game and now replaying it on 1999 mode to get the platinum. Totally recommended if you don't have it. And it's great that you don't have to play any previous BioShock games. It's totally new set.
    But if you wish to just play BioShock 1. Skip 2 as it has nothing to add.
    Any case you need to play this one if you are FPS gameplay fan.
  46. Jul 6, 2013
    Loved the first two Bioshock games so when I purchased Infinite I had high expectations, and I was not let down. This game is a masterpiece, from the gameplay to the visual presentation to just plain bad assness.
  47. Jun 22, 2013
    This is a great game and a truly worthy successor to Bioshock 1. Great story, awesome world and the characters suck you into the game. The sound sticks out the most and really immerses you into your gameplay. The graphics are pretty good but doesn't compare to pc at all. This game is worth the money you pay for it.
  48. Aug 7, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite it's not just a great game. Most of all is a great story adapted with perfection to gaming. The characters are memorable and Elizabeth takes the prize of the most charismatic and the best AI sidekick of all time. The setting is to say the least epic. A city in the sky at the turn of the 19th century? Not even George Lucas would have thought of this (Or did he?). TheBioshock Infinite it's not just a great game. Most of all is a great story adapted with perfection to gaming. The characters are memorable and Elizabeth takes the prize of the most charismatic and the best AI sidekick of all time. The setting is to say the least epic. A city in the sky at the turn of the 19th century? Not even George Lucas would have thought of this (Or did he?). The gameplay is not innovative and i think that the tears could have had more to it than simple refills but these are minor problems since the story is so powerful that you just want to keep playing to see how it unfolds. Infinite shows that the Bioshock universe can also be one made of light without losing his identity. Expand
  49. Mar 28, 2013
    Go buy this game.
    I don't think you understand me here Go buy this game now Here's why I say this 1st off, Anything I say about this game could or would spoil the experience for anybody who hasn't played it. Secondly, The only thing I can say without ruining or potentially making the experience less powerful is that "This game is amazing" So, you should just go buy the game, play
    Go buy this game.
    I don't think you understand me here
    Go buy this game now
    Here's why I say this
    So, you should just go buy the game, play it, and love the heck out of it. Unless you are completely against violence or FPS games in general, you owe it to yourself to play this game.
    Once you have, then I wont need to tell you why you should play or buy it, cause you know exactly why: Quality
  50. Dec 22, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is a masterpiece in storytelling and one of the best games I have had the pleasure of playing. At its core lies a first-person shooter that plays out very well, with a great range of weapons, as well as "Vigors", which provide the player with special attacks and powers to combat enemies. Graphics are incredible, the somewhat cartoon-like art style and bright colour schemeBioShock Infinite is a masterpiece in storytelling and one of the best games I have had the pleasure of playing. At its core lies a first-person shooter that plays out very well, with a great range of weapons, as well as "Vigors", which provide the player with special attacks and powers to combat enemies. Graphics are incredible, the somewhat cartoon-like art style and bright colour scheme breathing life into the game's setting of Columbia a city floating among the clouds and giving it a distinct vibe that perfectly reflects the themes of the game. What most impressed me about this game, however, was its masterful storytelling and wonderful characters. I was hooked right from the get-go, and the way in which the characters had been orchestrated and the story that unfolded before me felt intense, enjoyable and, mostly, believable. The game's two protagonists, Booker DeWitt and Elizabeth, are exceptionally well done and work terrifically well together. I invested a lot in these two characters and was determined to see their story right to the end, and when it did end, oh boy. What a finale! I won't spoil it, but I can say I won't be forgetting it any time soon. Seriously, though, this is a game I would recommend to just about anyone, even if it does have a few flaws (but then, everything does). BioShock Infinite is not the most perfect game, but it comes damn close. Expand
  51. Mar 23, 2014
    While i tough the first Bioshock was strongly overrated and i hated the second one, i must say that this one is really impressing. The graphics are spectacular and the story is great.
  52. May 2, 2013
    Though it won't sell 20 million copies like GTA or COD, this game is the closest and FPS has come to perfection since Resistance 3. One of the only THREE first person shooters I loved! GOTY contender for sure, up there with the likes of Tomb Raider and The Last Of Us.
  53. Jul 7, 2013
    As I played through the entire game I noticed that Ken Levine just did it again, created a masterpiece with the similar formula to the first Bioshock, yet in many aspects outbreaking and mindblowing.As you begin the story and dives further into the experience the easier it gets to get amazed, even if confusing at some times, all the mix created by the story is one of the best in the wholeAs I played through the entire game I noticed that Ken Levine just did it again, created a masterpiece with the similar formula to the first Bioshock, yet in many aspects outbreaking and mindblowing.As you begin the story and dives further into the experience the easier it gets to get amazed, even if confusing at some times, all the mix created by the story is one of the best in the whole history of video games.

As expected, the gameplay flows brilliantly, with a lot of creativity, especially with the Skyhook and vigors, and the addition of a special character, Elizabeth, that unlikely many other games with side characters within gameplay, doesn't bring you any problems, in fact, it is so improving in it's gameplay, that in many times you'll actually miss her when she's not around.

Observing this masterpiece in all aspects, with a highlight to the story, and with the DLCs coming it can only get more exciting from now on, that it will be really hard to beat such an outstanding plot, even for Ken Levine himself.
  54. Jun 26, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a masterpiece. It is a beautiful game with a great story that is going to draw you in and leave you thinking about the ending for a long time. Sometimes, it didn't even feel like a game rather a work of art. It is a perfect game and god bless you Ken Levine for your masterful storytelling, creativeness and imagination.
  55. Jun 20, 2013
    It took me nearly 3 months but I finally completed the 1999 mode after god knows how many deaths, and I still want to play it again. If your a gamer; especially for you Bioshock fans, stop reading this, and go get this game for your library. Doesn't matter how you get it, just go and get it. If your still not convinced, than let me break it down for you. Without spoilers, the story is notIt took me nearly 3 months but I finally completed the 1999 mode after god knows how many deaths, and I still want to play it again. If your a gamer; especially for you Bioshock fans, stop reading this, and go get this game for your library. Doesn't matter how you get it, just go and get it. If your still not convinced, than let me break it down for you. Without spoilers, the story is not cliched nor predictable, starting out as a damsel in distress rescue mission set between the late 1800s to early 1900s in a civilization in the sky called Columbia, but ends with the fall of Columbia, the discovery of self-identity and destiny, reuniting with a forgotten loved one, and parallel universe hopping. With themes of nature vs nurture, racism, religious satire, racial and social factions, steam punk, and time traveling. Nothing regarding the conflicts in this story is easily interpreted nor predicted, proving that everything has two sides to them, just like a coin. Interesting character back stories and Columbia history For graphics, the colors and the lighting and level and character designs are awesome. The atmosphere that the environment gives off can be either colorful, breathe taking, thrilling, majestic to dark, cold and suspenseful. The combat is fun and exhilarating because it forces you to think on your feet and plan ahead/create strategies instead of going in guns blazing or spray and pray. Your companion is actually helpful and not a chore. You don't need to babysit/look after/worry about the companion. She won't get in your way when fighting; she throws you ammo, money, health and salt(vigor/mana) potions; unlock certain locks; track and point out pick ups; and she CREATE/SPAWN health and salt pick ups, weapon and ammo pick ups, covers, distractions, ledges and hooks to jump off of, and robotic turrets/flying security drones/Mini-gun wielding George Washington robots to fight for you. (+)RPG elements like different clothes with different effects, weapon & power upgrades, and permanent health/shield/power increases. (-)Not only will the game feel short compared to the first two Bioshock games but the ending is not as fulfilling as the first Bioshock ending. (-)Rise and dip in difficulty on specific stages/levels (-)Multiple head-shots needed to kill enemies on harder difficulties (especially on 1999 mode) (-)Specific weapons, powers and clothing become useless once you create the combination of weapons, powers and clothing you find most efficient & effective. (-)You lose money if you die; I'll let you decide how that's a bad thing. Expand
  56. Mar 29, 2013
    It's good, really good, but I can't get away from the feeling that the original bioshock was longer, more atmospheric, had a clearer and more coherent story and was overall a better game. I'd most definitely recommend it but, well, I'm sorry to say that after a 2 year wait I was expecting.... More.....
  57. May 1, 2013
    This game is all about the story. The gameplay is straight forward and addicting, but as you all have probably read the vigor selection could have been more diverse. Brevity is not an issue but I've seen complaints about it? Either way the ending is a mind f*ck and the game is fun. Definitely on that season pass tip.
  58. Apr 9, 2013
    9.5/10
    9.5/10
    A masterpiece of a game. The story is gripping. Just like in the first Bioshock, upon replaying the game, your perspective will be very altered. On top of that, Elizabeth is just a very well-designed character with an impressive AI. She assists during combat and does a ton of casual things like inspecting objects when you're idle. The combat is simple, yet sophisticated. Trigger happy people will simply fire away, but the keen player will decide upon the best weapons, vigors, and tears to use, and will keep a lookout for environmental hazards and scattered, powerful weapons to use. The setting is stunning. Columbia is a far more interesting place than Rapture in terms of aesthetics and dystopian themes. Rapture was just full of Adam addicts. Here you get racism, poverty, oppression, and civil war. But optional objectives detract from the experience with predictable rewards. Sure, upgrades to your shield, health, and salt capacity are useful, but the gear (buff-granting equipment) is so disappointing in effects that you won't really bother with them. Pure exploration, though, is a joy. You'll be scouring every location to unearth background-providing Voxophones and currency to upgrade your guns and vigors. All in all, get this game. You won't regret it.
  59. Apr 15, 2013
    Possibly the game of the year if you ask me. This is just so much fun and it is an amazing adventure. Elizabeth is the most helpful partner I have ever seen in a video game in a while, she gets you money, ammo, health, salts and never gets in your way, she doesn't die either so you won't get pissed off at the game more. The air rail transportation is so cool and its really fun ti travel soPossibly the game of the year if you ask me. This is just so much fun and it is an amazing adventure. Elizabeth is the most helpful partner I have ever seen in a video game in a while, she gets you money, ammo, health, salts and never gets in your way, she doesn't die either so you won't get pissed off at the game more. The air rail transportation is so cool and its really fun ti travel so fast in the air. The plot is so awesome and the ending is so good, it will definitely keep you thinking for a day or tow. BioShock Infinite was a good turn on the series because usually these type of spinoffs never really work out, but this one did so well. Expand
  60. Jun 24, 2013
    This game is one of favorite games of 2013.I loved every minute of it from the gameplay to the combat to the story,It was amazing! The story pulls you right in,and you actually car for Elizabeth.She is also not annoying. She does extremely helpful things such as giving you ammo,salts,and health. This game is truly great and deserves it glory
  61. Apr 24, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is an amazing game! Period! The graphics are absolutely stunning, the story is great and will keep you guessing and thinking all the way to the end! Also Booker and Elizabeth are two of the best most well realized characters that i've seen since John Marston Red Dead Redemption and Cole Phelps L.A. Noire You need to go get this if you haven't already! its one of theBioshock Infinite is an amazing game! Period! The graphics are absolutely stunning, the story is great and will keep you guessing and thinking all the way to the end! Also Booker and Elizabeth are two of the best most well realized characters that i've seen since John Marston Red Dead Redemption and Cole Phelps L.A. Noire You need to go get this if you haven't already! its one of the best games you're gonna play this year! Expand
  62. Apr 25, 2013
    I was never really a fan of Bioshock, I played the first game for a few minutes and played through half of the 2nd game at a friend's house, but after seeing all the glowing reviews, I decided to get it a few days after release date. And I loved almost everything about this game. The gameplay was great, story was great, environmental graphics are great, facial animations look a littleI was never really a fan of Bioshock, I played the first game for a few minutes and played through half of the 2nd game at a friend's house, but after seeing all the glowing reviews, I decided to get it a few days after release date. And I loved almost everything about this game. The gameplay was great, story was great, environmental graphics are great, facial animations look a little cartoonish, but still look good. It's a lot easier than the other Bioshock games, and great for newcomers since it only has minor references to previous games (a sort of big one in the end but I won't spoil it). Expand
  63. Mar 28, 2013
    This game is amazing. The plot had me intrigued from the start and never lost my attention. Game play is excellent, it took me some time to get really good on the skylines but once I had it down it was a thrill to zip around Columbia. Another great thing about this game is that Elizabeth never gets in your way during combat which is something I was worried about, but Irrational Games madeThis game is amazing. The plot had me intrigued from the start and never lost my attention. Game play is excellent, it took me some time to get really good on the skylines but once I had it down it was a thrill to zip around Columbia. Another great thing about this game is that Elizabeth never gets in your way during combat which is something I was worried about, but Irrational Games made it so she only helps you and never causes you trouble when the action picks up. If you enjoy video games I would say this is one to not be missed. Expand
  64. Apr 15, 2013
    This game is nothing but a Masterpiece! I just couldn't stop playing it till I finally finished it. And when that happened, my chin was on the floor, the emotion, the portraits,... everything spoke to me like no other game before.

BioShock 1 was magnificent, but Infinite takes the whole game experience to another level. It's gaming in its most pure form: ART.
  65. Mar 26, 2013
    Work made by devs is excellent.
    Gameplay,level design,graphics,etc..
    The universe around Bioshock is unique.
    Even i only played 3 or 4 hours, it looks like of a master 2013 game
  66. Mar 27, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is the type of game that, as one would expect from the likes of Irrational Games, leaves the player to think long after the credits roll. When I finished playing, my thoughts were along the lines of 'What just happened?', 'Does that mean...?' and 'Is it really over?'. Well, for the latter, I recommend that you stick around during and after the credits.

From a gameplay

From a gameplay perspective, the game is sound. If you have played the original BioShock, you'll feel right at home with the new powers named Vigors, which are basically the Plasmids you're used to, albeit slightly different. The shooting feels fluid and accurate it's not as unrealistic as Call of Duty nor does it have the insane recoil that the Battlefield series possesses. There is the introduction of Tears, which allow you to use the abilities of a sophisticated and helpful AI named Elizabeth, who is critical to the story and never once gets in the players way. She can bring many things into the world around you, aiding in combat and/or navigation, such as cover, first aid kits, turrets etc. Throughout the game, you are given choices, but none of these effect the ending, which leads me to the story...

Compared to the first (And second) BioShock, choices in the game feel rather insignificant. They don't dramatically alter the world. However, unlike most games, the linear narrative suits the story the game is telling very well, and would destroy the idea that the player character, Booker DeWitt, is his own individual. Booker is neither a good nor bad person, and you won't always like who he is or what he's done, but players will find themselves caring for him by the end of the game. Elizabeth, Booker's companion, is a young woman who is very much like your typical princess locked in a tower...or so you first think. She is someone that you, as a player, want to protect, but such a thing is never required in combat. She is never a hindrance, only offering useful help throughout the game. I won't spoil any of the story for you, but it's nothing short of brilliant. Sometimes, you'll be completely puzzled. Others, you'll understand until a new element is introduced. But by the end, I understood everything completely, and even found myself emotionally touched. The presentation of the game is fantastic. I often found myself dazzled by just how beautiful this game is. The city is a wonder to behold. It's inhabitants look and act like they should. The environments are usually excellent. It seems that Irrational spent a long time polishing this fantastic experience, as I never once encountered a glitch while playing. The detail is astounding, in most cases. However, low texture does appear in the strangest of places. There was a point in the game that I had just jumped from a Skyline (Which are great fun!) and was ready to face a horde of enemies. What I wasn't prepared for was a giant, blurry...'thing' in front of me! It turns out that it was some sort of blimp device, but I would have never guessed had I not taken a few (Okay, I ran at least a mile) steps back to get a better look. Without a shred of doubt, BioShock Infinite is an early contender for earning many Game of the Year Awards. When I started playing the game, I was worried as to whether it would live up to the hype and the name of BioShock, but I can honestly say that it does just that. In many ways, this game is far superior than even the original. So, without further ado, would you kindly do yourself a favour and buy this game?
  67. Mar 29, 2013
    Completely amazing game. The story is great and Elizabeth is the most relatable video game character I've ever come across. She's not just another NPC that you drag around, she's a person who you get to know. She helps you out in battle, she talks to you, she relates with you. Elizabeth makes this game.

The only (minor) qualm I have with this game is the saving system. You can only load your most recent checkpoint, and there's no clear indication of when that was. You can't quicksave or quickload, and you can't save previous saves. This prevents you from going back to re-do an area differently or to make a different decision without outright playing the game again.

All in all, an amazing experience.
  68. Mar 29, 2013
    This is a very interesting game. Essentially, the game play is really nothing new. Its a straightforward shooter. You can only have two guns at any one time, and the powers that you get are not overly imaginative. If it weren't for the story, the game would just be a solid shooter. It is the story that really sets this game apart however. The ending sent me reeling, and I was hookedThis is a very interesting game. Essentially, the game play is really nothing new. Its a straightforward shooter. You can only have two guns at any one time, and the powers that you get are not overly imaginative. If it weren't for the story, the game would just be a solid shooter. It is the story that really sets this game apart however. The ending sent me reeling, and I was hooked throughout the entire ride. The game makes you invested in finding and listening to the collectibles, to extract as much as you can from the story. I won't spoil anything, but it really gets you thinking. Its quite a ride.

I don't think that the game is perfect like others have suggested, they definitely could have made the game play more innovative, but its good at what it does.

Make no mistake, the game is good based on its own game play merits, but the narrative takes the game to a whole new level. Something very unique in Bioshock Infinite.
  69. Mar 30, 2013
    I just was not that all impressed, to me it seemed like all the highlights of the game shown in trailers were really the only highlights of the game. It was fun but is not a game I could play over because the extra things to do in the game were very monotonous. I know some people love it but it just didn't do it for me, however Crysis 3 did
  70. Oct 7, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite does not break the same ground that System Shock and Bioshock 1 did, but does streamline and refine most the gameplay mechanics. Shooting and Powers are much better this time around falling more in line with modern shooters. The negative is lack of diverse enemy types and poor AI. The setting, story, and wonderfully voiced characters are a much bigger part of theBioshock Infinite does not break the same ground that System Shock and Bioshock 1 did, but does streamline and refine most the gameplay mechanics. Shooting and Powers are much better this time around falling more in line with modern shooters. The negative is lack of diverse enemy types and poor AI. The setting, story, and wonderfully voiced characters are a much bigger part of the experience and by the end you'll genuinely feel for the characters. Without spoiling anything, the ending is one of the better ones in gaming in recent memory. This game is worth your time! Very excited about the next Ken Levine game. Expand
  71. Mar 31, 2013
    Is it a game? Is it an art? Bioshock Infinite is right in the centre. One of the most charming visions of utopia. Realistic graphics and very good locations will make you want to stop killing and start exploring every corner- what is rewarded in goods like perks, cash and... side quests. Also AI is doing fine. Elizabeth uses surrounding her items like books, tables, benches to perform anIs it a game? Is it an art? Bioshock Infinite is right in the centre. One of the most charming visions of utopia. Realistic graphics and very good locations will make you want to stop killing and start exploring every corner- what is rewarded in goods like perks, cash and... side quests. Also AI is doing fine. Elizabeth uses surrounding her items like books, tables, benches to perform an adequate action. She stops to read a book/journal or to sit on a bench. Game mechanism is nothing new. It is the same we remember from previous Bioshocks, but it is not a problem at all- game is very entertaining. Sound effects could be better, but are not bad. Graphics 10/10
    Sound 7/10
    Entertainment 9/10
    Ambiance 10/10
    Storyline 8/10

Overall: 8,8/10
  72. Apr 1, 2013
    Wow! This is a fantastic game that improves the gameplay aspect of the first (controls especially). Colombia is every bit as interesting as Rapture and begs to explored. More open spaces and vertical gameplay allow new approaches to combat unique for Bioshock. The story and graphics are equal to the first game, so it's a matter of individual preference. The really stand-out is your AIWow! This is a fantastic game that improves the gameplay aspect of the first (controls especially). Colombia is every bit as interesting as Rapture and begs to explored. More open spaces and vertical gameplay allow new approaches to combat unique for Bioshock. The story and graphics are equal to the first game, so it's a matter of individual preference. The really stand-out is your AI buddy Elizabeth. You'll want to help Liz escape and she doesn't whine to the point of annoying or interfere with your play.

The bad which keeps this game from a perfect 10 is AI of average foot soldiers. Sometime, you'll be able to escape rushing enemies by moving into a new room. They will not chase you past certain points and just turn around and walk back. Their lack of smarts is compensated by numbers, so think zombies.

The PS3 version comes with Bioshock 1 (12GB) so its two great games for the price of one, but I would recommend playing on a high-end PC. I can't comment on the Move aspect. It is not quite the RPG experience like Borderlands or Mass Effect 3. Trust me though, you'll enjoy this game!
  73. Apr 1, 2013
    It has the same problems that have hindered past installments of the Bioshock franchise, at some point you're just too powerful. The addition of Elizabeth constantly bailing you out of jams makes planning and restraint irrelevant. You can tear through the enemy set pieces knowing there's no way they can really stop you and if they do you can squash them on a second wind type go round. ThatIt has the same problems that have hindered past installments of the Bioshock franchise, at some point you're just too powerful. The addition of Elizabeth constantly bailing you out of jams makes planning and restraint irrelevant. You can tear through the enemy set pieces knowing there's no way they can really stop you and if they do you can squash them on a second wind type go round. That having been said the ending is just amazing. This will be the high water mark of gaming story-telling for years to come. Ken Levine and the writers at Irrational Games should be applauded (they will) for another stellar script. If the last few levels didn't have the feeling of a tedious grind this would be a perfect game. Buy it, borrow it, do what you have to do but PLAY THIS GAME there is nothing like it, and there won't be anything like it for a long time. Expand
  74. Apr 21, 2013
    One of the best games of this generation, and a true sequel to the original BioShock. An original story with amazing quality on nearly every area.....
  75. May 2, 2013
    Bioshock:Infinite is an awesome game with Eye popping graphics awesome gameplay and as well as a absolutely excellent story, they also have a helpful A.I companion for once unlike some other games i've played Like Resident Evil 5 where companion is a pain in the ass, Bioshock is one of the best games of 2013 by far i can't wait until Bioshock 4
  76. Apr 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bioshock infinite is simply outstanding from the jaw dropping beginning to the jaw dropping end. I personally didn't think the irrational team to make a game that was anywhere near as good as the original.
    Wow was I in for a treat. I just loved the way it drew you in from the beginning and set up the world. Bioshock was a walk through hell in it's opening moments where Columbia is a walk through heaven.
    That is until you make your way to the raffle and see the prize on offer. That moment is genuinely shocking and it's all credit to the irrational team that they never sugarcoated this moment as this is what sets up the game and it's when the action starts in earnest.
  77. Apr 6, 2013
    just a flawless game amazing story excellent graphics and amazing gameplay i dont have anything else to say its that amazing :D when i first saw the trailer my mind was blown due to awesomeness this might be the 2013 GOTY unless if The Last Of Us impresses me or if Yakuza 5 come out worldwide this year
  78. Apr 7, 2013
    At first Bioshock Infinite seems like Bioshock with a new coat of paint, and for the most part that is correct, the game plays very similar with similar ideas and weapons and characters, this time your plasmids are called vigors,there is a city and there is a man that leads it with radical ideas. The real excitement comes at the end when everything gets explained the rapture/columbiaAt first Bioshock Infinite seems like Bioshock with a new coat of paint, and for the most part that is correct, the game plays very similar with similar ideas and weapons and characters, this time your plasmids are called vigors,there is a city and there is a man that leads it with radical ideas. The real excitement comes at the end when everything gets explained the rapture/columbia connection, the elizabeth/booker connection, and the connection between booker/comstock/elizabeth. If it seems like the game is dragging on and you just want to give up keep hanging in there and finish it, it is totally worth it. Expand
  79. Apr 8, 2013
    There are no spoilers in this review. If you enjoy games with fun gameplay along with a great soundtrack, great graphics, and an outstanding story, then this is a must play. I just completed the game and I'm going to start playing it again in a higher difficulty. I would suggest to those experienced FPS gamers to play this in the hard difficulty setting. I would also recommend to peopleThere are no spoilers in this review. If you enjoy games with fun gameplay along with a great soundtrack, great graphics, and an outstanding story, then this is a must play. I just completed the game and I'm going to start playing it again in a higher difficulty. I would suggest to those experienced FPS gamers to play this in the hard difficulty setting. I would also recommend to people who haven't played the first bioshock to play it before playing infinite. I would imagine that experienced gamers would complete this in 8 hours; however, to fully enjoy this game I would recommend exploring the city as much as possible (it took me about 20 hours to complete this game). In my opinion this game has a great replay value because of two main reasons: the gameplay and the story. There are several different ways of eliminating enemies and also, a second playthrough would help you understand/appreciate the story.

I consider this game to be one of my top favorite games of all time (right next to the Metal Gear Solid series).
  80. Apr 8, 2013
    This game was quite enjoyable. Graphics, music*, gameplay, etc.; all were amazing. My only issues with the game: no user-save feature, only auto-save. I'm not a big believer in having to get to a spot to save, especially as an adult-gamer with life going on. And the "book marks" save about 1,000 different times throughout the game. A little bit too much data action. And music-wise, someThis game was quite enjoyable. Graphics, music*, gameplay, etc.; all were amazing. My only issues with the game: no user-save feature, only auto-save. I'm not a big believer in having to get to a spot to save, especially as an adult-gamer with life going on. And the "book marks" save about 1,000 different times throughout the game. A little bit too much data action. And music-wise, some areas could use a bit more diverse music, not a big gripe. I'd like to give this game a 9.9 overall. Definitely worth anyone's time and money. Expand
  81. Apr 11, 2013
    Definitely was worth the wait. Bioshock Infinite is a beautifully crafted video game with breathtaking visuals and massive scope. It also has an engaging story that will keep you intrigued till the end of the game. With well written dialogue, the banter between the main characters are believable and fun. Varied gameplay elements and different in gaming mechanics makes this a joy to playDefinitely was worth the wait. Bioshock Infinite is a beautifully crafted video game with breathtaking visuals and massive scope. It also has an engaging story that will keep you intrigued till the end of the game. With well written dialogue, the banter between the main characters are believable and fun. Varied gameplay elements and different in gaming mechanics makes this a joy to play from start to finish. Definitively a GOTY contender. Expand
  82. Apr 11, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a beautiful game. With a complex story and wonderful graphics, it keeps you guessing at what comes next. This is a great example of where the video game industry should be going.
  83. Apr 14, 2013
    This game was amazing! Every moment of it was fantastic. In some parts it felt like a Bioshock game, but in other parts it didn't, but it worked! The game had an amazing story, that felt tight with fantastic gameplay. Elizabeth was a great companion, when you needed her she would help. It came in handy in battles when she threw health, salts (powers) and ammo. She never got in the way andThis game was amazing! Every moment of it was fantastic. In some parts it felt like a Bioshock game, but in other parts it didn't, but it worked! The game had an amazing story, that felt tight with fantastic gameplay. Elizabeth was a great companion, when you needed her she would help. It came in handy in battles when she threw health, salts (powers) and ammo. She never got in the way and had an amazing personality. Its really easy to get into to the characters and become attached to them. It is by far the best game I've played so far Expand
  84. Apr 13, 2013
    While it isn't exactly the spearhead its predecessor was way back in 2007, Bioshock: Infinite does right by the Bioshock brandname. The art direction is still there, the delicately crafted musical score is there, the combat is responsive and much improved. I still very much prefer the original Bioshock, and wish Infinite had more scares and RPG elements like its predecessor; but evenWhile it isn't exactly the spearhead its predecessor was way back in 2007, Bioshock: Infinite does right by the Bioshock brandname. The art direction is still there, the delicately crafted musical score is there, the combat is responsive and much improved. I still very much prefer the original Bioshock, and wish Infinite had more scares and RPG elements like its predecessor; but even having said that, this game holds up against unreasonable hype and expectations. Buy this game. Ken Levine and the folks at Irrational are doing right by gamers and we need to do right by them. The only thing that sucks about Bioshock: Infinite is its release means we will have to wait another five years to play another game of this ilk. Expand
  85. Apr 13, 2013
    Never has a game so fully encapsulated my thoughts. The relationship you build with Elizabeth, the concepts behind Columbia and the story line are just incredible. The gameplay is very solid, but you almost want to ignore the FPS aspect just to follow the story. Easily one of the best games I have ever played. (If not the best.)
  86. Apr 14, 2013
    bioshock infinite review

bioshock infinite review

the game begins extremely strong beautiful environment which is extremely intriguing. you realise your in a vast environment extremely racist and political tones are presented to you throughout the game which is consistently in your face however it ties in with the story gameplay is flawless however the environment is extremely linear which is a shame because the city is so huge. so if you hit a save point make sure you scoped out the environment as much as you can."VIGORS" which are plasmids for bioshock 2" are good fun to play around with however the functionality of them limit you to primarily use the weapons you find in game. story wise. hands down the best story in the history of gaming if not cinema. if they made a movie it would be my favourite movie. 4 years in production winning 85 awards voted world best shooter. credit was given when it was due. Elisabeth helps you throughout the game and in no way shape or form does it feel like a huge escort mission" .
    you can travel using the "sky lines" which basically feels like your on a roller-coaster where tey have also intergrated combat which blends in so well that it is revolutionises the first person shooter" feel"
    the music is amazing the story is amazing gameplay is amazing.

87. Jun 2, 2013
    It's a very solid title, with great visuals and sound (I loved the Skyhook!) However, I can't help but be slightly cynical. The game seems progressive at first but sinks into a rehash of the original Bioshock games as a linear shooter. How great this would have been as a free-roaming game, perhaps some puzzles, and some kind of NPC social element. Also, not to mention I spent a lot of timeIt's a very solid title, with great visuals and sound (I loved the Skyhook!) However, I can't help but be slightly cynical. The game seems progressive at first but sinks into a rehash of the original Bioshock games as a linear shooter. How great this would have been as a free-roaming game, perhaps some puzzles, and some kind of NPC social element. Also, not to mention I spent a lot of time digging through trashcans and dresser drawers for food & cash. Still a great game with a VERY intriguing and original story. I'm anxious to see what the DLC season pass has to offer. Expand
  88. Apr 15, 2013
    To start this off, I have to say that this game has really impressed me. It's one of the best games in my opinion and one of my top ten video games. Although not as impressive as the e3 demos (to be expected), it still shines in many aspects. For starters, I played the first Bioshock 1 and found myself really enjoying it, especially when first entering Rapture. The same can be said forTo start this off, I have to say that this game has really impressed me. It's one of the best games in my opinion and one of my top ten video games. Although not as impressive as the e3 demos (to be expected), it still shines in many aspects. For starters, I played the first Bioshock 1 and found myself really enjoying it, especially when first entering Rapture. The same can be said for Columbia. From the moment the game begins, it sucks you right in and doesn't let go till you've explored every aspect of the game. The story is almost flawless keeping you guessing most of the times. There are plenty of twists that will have you shocked. Many moments in this just completely leaves with your mouth hanging in surprise (in a good way). The graphics are very good and polished (which is surprising considering how old the ps3 is). Combat is can range from very fast paced to very slow paced. But that's okay because combing vigors (essentially plasmids from Bioshock) can be very satisfying. That's not to say that the game is a masterpiece, though very close to it, there are still some parts that remain questionable. A lack of bosses really had me disappointed and a few glitches were present in my play-through. These were generally annoying, but forgivable. I hope that a later DLC can handle bosses a little better. I also found handymen and Boys Of Silence to be a bit scarce and disappointing. The ending, however, will leave you shocked and amazed. Once you play through once, you'll want to play through again because everything makes a lot more sense and you are way more immersed. It's sort of like the movie Inception where you had to watch it many times to really enjoy it. My final word are..... go out and buy it! Expand
  89. Apr 18, 2013
    The game is really good. I've been thinking about it several days after completion, and I've been showing it to friends for the pleasure to share. The main reason is it's a game, but it's also virtual tourism and storytelling mixed together.
    The fact that you need to figure out many things about story by finding clues scattered around increases the sense of interactive storytelling, and the misteries and themes on display here is so vast and diverse that your brain will be overheated in the process of munching in all the informations.
    Also, the shifts in the plot and the narrative ellipses are a quite bold and refreshing way to keep things going in a videogame.
    All these different levels of involvement contribute to create a very deep engagement.
  90. Apr 24, 2013
    Where do i even begin? i have never been so excited for a game to be released before. when i heard the announcement for bioshock infinite. i got pretty excited; however i was skeptical about how they were going to change from being trapped in an underwater city, to roaming a city in the sky. But leave it to irratonal games to surprise me. Bioshock infinite fully lives up to my expectationsWhere do i even begin? i have never been so excited for a game to be released before. when i heard the announcement for bioshock infinite. i got pretty excited; however i was skeptical about how they were going to change from being trapped in an underwater city, to roaming a city in the sky. But leave it to irratonal games to surprise me. Bioshock infinite fully lives up to my expectations and then some.

the story behind bioshock infinite is you play as booker dewitt, and he has to find a girl to repay a debt, as you progress you find more of the backstory behind this dept and what booker has to pay to wipe it away. and then of course there's how beautiful the game looks. from the astounding first appearance of columbia; to suddenly being in the midst of a civil war in the sky. this is a real sight to behold.

now there are many characters in this game, and all of them has a really interesting backstory, booker is the character you spend the game continually discovering. his story is explained as you play the game: and the reason isn't amnesia for once. he chose to forget but certain events reveal them to the gamer and to the other main character: elizabeth. she is a really interesting character, and she is like booker, her story is cleverly and purposely hidden from the player. and the reveal behind her real personality and backstory leads to one of the most shocking endings to a video game.

the gameplay behind infinite is...functional, it follows the same bioshock 2 formula, guns and plasmids, however in this game there are some welcomed as well as unwelcomed changes; such as plasmids are now vigors, and there's no more adam, money rules this world. when not using vigors, you will hold your weapon like in bioshock 1, unfortunately you can only carry 2 weapons at a time, so you have to be careful on your choices. also you can no longer carry health/salt items. instead to make up for this you are given gear and a regenerating shield. so it's unfortunate, but it's a forgettable change as you go on because now i go into my next part

it is much easier then either of the previous bioshocks. ammo is $8. and that's for every weapon. plus ammo is everywhere as well as is health and salt items, so don't expect to run out of health or salt over a prolonged period. and then we have the best part of the game: skyline fights. by far the best new system in bioshock. you get to use a magnetized hook to ride along skylines as you shoot enemies. and even better, you can use the hook as a melee weapon.

overall the game offers many new features in it's gameplay and offers an intriguing plot with many shocking moments. and if you'll excuse me i have to go beat it again.
  91. Apr 25, 2013
    OK, so I’ve held off on writing this review for a while because I really wanted to digest this game, read other reviews, and see outside opinions.

So I want to preface this by saying I’m a male in my late 20s who’s been gaming for roughly 20 years. Some of my favorite games include Fallout 3, inFamous, Super Mario Galaxy, Dishonored, Batman Arkham City and Asylum, Portal 1 and 2, Borderlands 2, and of course the original Bioshock and System Shock 2. I’m currently playing Tomb Raider and have enjoyed it thus far. I play a lot of FPSs, like CoD, BF, Far Cry, and Crysis, but don’t have a distinct favorite genre.

All that said, for me personally, Bioshock Infinite ranks as one of the top 3 games I have currently ever played with Earthbound and MGS 4 (I know MGS 3 is awesome, but going back to an HD Shadow Moses did it for me).

I implore readers to check out other reviews from reviewers that gave Bioshock Infinite a poor score; we have someone who gave Alan Wake and Halo 3 a 0, someone who gave Borderlands 2 a 3, Dishonored a 6, but yet gave Hawken and Street Fighter X Tekken a 7, and another user who gave Uncharted 2 a 1. I could go on, but you get the point. Absolutely these reviewers are entitled to their opinion, but when it becomes apparent that their opinions are there to either weigh down other reviewer scores, or for sheer shock value, well that should tell you something.

I have to laugh when someone complains that Rapture was “scarier,” Columbia isn’t Rapture. I have to laugh when someone compares the Song Bird to a Big Daddy, the Song Bird isn’t a Big Daddy. I have to laugh when someone complains that footage they were shown from development gameplay 2-3 years ago at conventions weren’t in the game, be glad they gave you something you haven’t seen before. I have to laugh when someone complains that they don’t have a choice in the game, this is Irrational Games’ story, they want it told this way. How you want to interpret it, and its ending, that is where you have a choice. In general I have to laugh at other reviews comparing this to the original Bioshock, and complaining about differences. Please know, Bioshock Infinite is NOT synonymous with Bioshock 3. There is no Bioshock 3. If Ken Levine had his way, there wouldn’t have been a Bioshock 2. Yes, it has the same word “Bioshock” in the title, but aside from that, it is a completely different game, and if you can’t accept that, then you should stick with the perfectly awesome original. Stop trying to find a reason to complain. There are things to complain about in this game, those aren’t it.

Bioshock Infinite, for me, was as close to a perfect game as I’ve encountered. The characters were dynamic, and I found myself disappointed with actions that I’d disagree with, and excited when they found success. The voice actors fit incredibly well with the characters. The setting was absolutely gorgeous and interesting, I found myself exploring every nook and cranny. The combat just felt right, every weapon felt “good” to fire, along with the vigors. Elizabeth’s AI might be the most well done video game AI we’ve yet to see. Most importantly, the story was phenomenal. As a huge Fringe fan, I will fully admit my biased here, but I feel confident saying there are plenty that would agree it’s one of the most well told stories in video games.

Is this game perfect? No. There are issues with texture popping, and textures being incredibly grainy, especially on the PS3, and the fact that there was in-game loading while in the same environment (1-3 seconds), simply isn’t acceptable in this day and age.

All that considered, if you weight this game up against what’s been published in the past 5-10 years on console, this is undoubtedly one of the best. The time and effort that the folks at Irrational Games put into Bioshock Infinite is incredibly apparent, and I thank them for their obvious hard work.
  92. Apr 25, 2013
    As games become more and more popular its getting difficult to find a game that feels original, Bioshock Infinite is a truly beautiful game which sets the bar for story driven games. Not only has this been one of the most satisfying games to complete but you'll find your self replaying the game to learn more about Colombia and its racist residents. Admittedly the only reason I have givenAs games become more and more popular its getting difficult to find a game that feels original, Bioshock Infinite is a truly beautiful game which sets the bar for story driven games. Not only has this been one of the most satisfying games to complete but you'll find your self replaying the game to learn more about Colombia and its racist residents. Admittedly the only reason I have given this game a 9 and not a 10 is because its missing one element of game play which the first Bioshock nailed which is unnerving atmosphere, although Infinite has its moments I found id happily run around corners and pick up items without the fear of being attacked. The original made me nervous to run through a room, id plan how to take out enemy's to preserve ammo which just felt nonexistent in Bioshock Infinite. Over all this is an incredible game and even with its complex story line will manage to keep you intrigued. Expand
  93. Apr 25, 2013
    Its a great game no doubt but i think it needs something new, the trama is good, the enviorement is awesome but alll the other stuff are the same they only made like a combinacion of Bioshcok 1 and 2, but like i say still a great game
  94. Apr 26, 2013
    THIS GAME IS A MUST GET NOW..

THIS GAME IS A MUST GET NOW..

Simply put, the game is gorgeous. And a VERY warm welcome to Bioshock series as I was getting tired of the plain underwater theme. Bioshock's combat is also something to mention, Although Bioshock infinite only offers around 4-5 types of guns for you to use, and around 4 Vigors (or spells) Bioshock managed to create engaging, Fun, and sometimes difficult combat! Bioshock Infinite has created some amazing moments and just WOW moments for me & I think it will do the same for you!

If it means something I've also fell in love with Elizabeth.. Yea, I have it bad.
  95. Apr 26, 2013
    I think this game will have the title of not only the game of the year, but perhaps the game of the decade. So she is beautiful and is special. This new level of gaming, but unfortunately these games are not as revolutionary. This is a jump up, and this is possible only Ken Levine. We look forward to the following projects and DLC
  96. Apr 26, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite, what hasn't been said? this game is superb, beautiful visuals,the colors are crisp and the art direction is truly the best ive seen in a while. this game has a interesting story, it starts quite simply, but takes a a dark turn about 20 minutes in and the game has such great flow. combat is rather interesting and the addition of the the new sky rail system keeps it fromBioshock Infinite, what hasn't been said? this game is superb, beautiful visuals,the colors are crisp and the art direction is truly the best ive seen in a while. this game has a interesting story, it starts quite simply, but takes a a dark turn about 20 minutes in and the game has such great flow. combat is rather interesting and the addition of the the new sky rail system keeps it from going stale. It is so familiar yet so different from the previous installments, this is a mature shooter and a experience you would not want to miss, i tip my hats to irrational for pulling this game off. its a must buy Expand
  97. Apr 28, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is one of those games that everybody should play. Bioshock Inifinite does just about everything right to its remarkable to story to its intense and fun gameplay. The story of Bioshock Inifite is spectacular. It is excellently paced, and has tons of things to do. Although the story is pretty set and "linear" there are tons of different things to go about and do inBioshock Infinite is one of those games that everybody should play. Bioshock Inifinite does just about everything right to its remarkable to story to its intense and fun gameplay. The story of Bioshock Inifite is spectacular. It is excellently paced, and has tons of things to do. Although the story is pretty set and "linear" there are tons of different things to go about and do in Columbia which makes each playthrough of the story unique and differnt. There is so much depth to the story that it cant just be playthroughed once. From the voxiphones to the sight seeing there are plenty of things that make you come back to Columbia. Elizabeth your partner through the story makes the story fun and interesting. She also tends to often helps you out in battle. Trust me the story in Bioshock Infinite is incredible and does not disappoint. The long awaited Bioshock Infinite does not disappoint and excels in every way. Deferentially worthy of the Bioshock name and worthy of your purchase. Expand
  98. Apr 30, 2013
    Bioshock 1 is one of my favorite game ever, i never thought that bioshock infinite would be better cuz i really didn't like bioshock 2. But Bioshock Infinite is a MASTERPIECE, you can't leave the countroller, it's almost perfection. Really one or the best game ive ever played!
  99. May 1, 2013
    There's not much I can say that hasn't been said by many others, but this is absolutely my game of the year. Although I liked the previous BioShocks well enough, I had a lot more fun with Infinite. I've played it 11 times so far. I haven't replayed a game this much in many years.
  100. Jun 19, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite, for all intents and purposes is a game that delivers. Elizabeth is a lovable companion, and surprisingly for once, it doesn’t feel like an escort mission. Rather a companion that helps you out when you most need it. The setting and graphics are nothing short of breathtaking. Everywhere you look there is something interesting to look at; it makes you slow down and take aBioshock Infinite, for all intents and purposes is a game that delivers. Elizabeth is a lovable companion, and surprisingly for once, it doesn’t feel like an escort mission. Rather a companion that helps you out when you most need it. The setting and graphics are nothing short of breathtaking. Everywhere you look there is something interesting to look at; it makes you slow down and take a good look before progressing. There is also no feeling of repetitiveness, the game offers quite a bit level design and variety.
    Game flaws would include the fact that you can only carry two weapons at a time, but other than that, there’s really nothing more that can be thought of.
    Bioshock Infinite is a game that will immerse you to the very end. This is a game that instantly hooks you into its world the moment you hit start, and doesn’t let you go until days after you finally get over that ending. It’s that good.

1. May 27, 2013
    In an infinite universe, anything can happen, but in Infinite's, the specifics are what get you.
  2. Apr 23, 2013
    One of those rare games that speaks to the player on a personal, emotional level with a thought-provoking, mature storyline set in one of the most amazing worlds conceived in a game. Plus, it's a wonderful FPS with deep, tactical combat. Essential. [Issue#230, p.66]
  3. Multiple dimensions and a clever scenario with a surprise around every corner make it difficult for us to explain our enthusiasm without spoiling the story. Only the extended ghost chase (literally) halfway through the game drags on a bit too long. [April 2013, p.74]