8.5

1. Mar 31, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a Bioshock game, period. I know it looks different and may seem different, but a lot of the things from Bioshock are in Bioshock Infinite. While Infinite has its own look and everything, which makes it feel new and fresh, this is a Shock game through and through, so you have a mix of the familiar with something entirely new. The combat is very similar to the firstBioshock Infinite is a Bioshock game, period. I know it looks different and may seem different, but a lot of the things from Bioshock are in Bioshock Infinite. While Infinite has its own look and everything, which makes it feel new and fresh, this is a Shock game through and through, so you have a mix of the familiar with something entirely new. The combat is very similar to the first game, but guns have more of a kick this time around. Plasmids also make a comeback in the form of Vigors, which allow for a lot of variation and experimentation in combat. There's also the inclusion of sky-lines, which make some fights really exciting and frantic. I'd say the combat scenarios are an improvement from the first Bioshock. You'll also be looting the environment and corpses for money, food, salt (for Vigors), etc.

Bioshock's art direction is simply stunning. It takes a very talented art team to pull off something like Infinite, and the team at Irrational was definitely up to the task. The amount of detail in each and every environment is staggering. You'll definitely understand why this game was such an undertaking and took so many years to create when you see it in action. Then you have Elizabeth, which is one of the most realized characters in all of gaming. Elizabeth's animations and interactions are one of Infinite's many highlights.

But Bioshock Infinite is ultimately all about the narrative, which it delivers on from beginning to end. This game's story is hands down one of the best in the business, even going as far as surpassing the original Bioshock. While Bioshock was a masterpiece, its ending left a little something to be desired. But this isn't the case with Bioshock Infinite. This game has an ending that'll blow you away.
  2. Mar 26, 2013
    It's so different to the first Bioshock, yet so similar at the same time. It does everything right, great story, amazing graphics and combat, and if anybody's having second thoughts about buying it because they're worried about Elizabeth being annoying, that's not an issue at all. She adds so much to an already fantastic game. Just buy it already!
  3. Apr 9, 2013
    The game looks great and you can tell they put a lot into it but something was lacking. The atmosphere is great at the beginning as well as the introduction of Elizabeth. I wanted to explore everything and found myself stopping to play the games on the boardwalk. Hearing the conversations going on in the city is a boon as well.

as for the gameplay...Vigors seem as though they are added

as for the gameplay...Vigors seem as though they are added only because it is a Bioshock game and really don't seem to fit in the Columbia world. Shooting seemed pretty much standard fare. The skyrail seemed fun at first but a couple of times became confusing even throttling the thing. Perhaps that's realistic but still very frustrating.

I remember looking for every recording in Bioshock just to find the history of all the characters but with Infinite I skipped the search because after a while it just became too tedious. The overall storyline was interesting only because it had one twist I did not see coming....the first one you can see a mile away...as to who Elizabeth really is but to who Dewitt is....shocker(at least for me). I did love the brother/sister duo (best humor in the game) but the rest of the plot just seemed uneven. The bosses you fight are really pretty unimpressive to the ones found in Bioshock...they actually seemed generic in comparison...and that includes their history.

Honestly, I found that the thrill had worn off halfway through the game and I found myself pushing speedily through it just so I could finish it before I lost all interest.
  4. Mar 26, 2013
    This game basically fixes all the problems the last two Bioshock games had for me. Primarily the clunky combat system has been improved to the point I look forward to fighting enemies. Also while the game is quite linear (more so than maybe the other Bioshock games) I think its a good thing. I never felt overwhelmed or lost in this game. The interaction with Elizabeth is great (theyThis game basically fixes all the problems the last two Bioshock games had for me. Primarily the clunky combat system has been improved to the point I look forward to fighting enemies. Also while the game is quite linear (more so than maybe the other Bioshock games) I think its a good thing. I never felt overwhelmed or lost in this game. The interaction with Elizabeth is great (they did a great job with this difficult task) and adds a bit more depth to the story and action sequences. The graphics are gorgeous, but its not because of it requiring super high tech video cards, its because the art design and lightning are so good. The music and sounds are really well done. The storyline is done really well with great characterisation and pacing.

I don't like how the game saves as you have to reach certain points for it to save otherwise if you have to leave while playing you have to backtrack a bit. Overall an amazing game that deserves a perfect score!
  5. Mar 26, 2013
    Already a contender for GOTY. Gorgeous and unbelievable are understatements. Not only is this game the best in the series, i might put it as one of the best games this decade.
  6. Mar 26, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a true contender for Game of the Year. From the gorgeous graphics and the addictive game play and the smooth controls makes this one of the best video games of all time in my books if you have never played Bioshock I strongly recommend you go and buy it once you play the first few minutes of Bioshock you will be hooked on these amazing games.
  7. Mar 26, 2013
    Alright so time for a reality check concerning this franchise. I've been tracking for many years now how the shock series wich started with one of my alltime favourite games 'system shock' has slowly slipped down into a pit of "mass market appeal". With every new installment a few layers of complexity and freedom wich set the games apart from their contemporaries have been methodicallyAlright so time for a reality check concerning this franchise. I've been tracking for many years now how the shock series wich started with one of my alltime favourite games 'system shock' has slowly slipped down into a pit of "mass market appeal". With every new installment a few layers of complexity and freedom wich set the games apart from their contemporaries have been methodically shaved off and as we arrive at the fifth game there just isn't all that much left. Let me give you a few examples: The hacking wich used to consist of various minigames and even forays into cyberspace now just consist of collecting lockpicks that are jammed into certain locations by the press of a button. The weapons at your disposal used to be numerous and could be modded with various firing modes and ammo types to fit your needs is now reduced to five versions of a standard gun with a negative correlation between damage and firing frequency, and a rocket launcher/grenade launcher. Items, grenades, stimpacks, boosters and implants are completely removed and there is no inventory at all nor is there a map screen. The only puzzle solving (if you can even call it that) consists of finding a books that are linked to a certain areas and then letting an npc solve it for you, no I'm not joking. I could go on but I think you get the picture. Bottom line is the story is still good, the graphics are awesome, gameplay has taken a short step over a tall cliff. If I were to plot this franchise as a regression line I'd predict that the sixth game will have completely lost that incredible mix of gameplay and story wich elevated the early games into my personal alltime favourites. The Shock franchise has lost its soul in pursuit of the mass market segment and it saddens me greatly. Expand
  8. Apr 5, 2013
    Combat is solid and the skylines make for a great amount of fun. The animations, voice acting and sound might be the best overall we have ever seen in a game before. The story is sound and interesting. Must buy.
  9. Apr 19, 2013
    This game is what every sequel should aspire to be; it never tries to be the original, or to recreate the things the original does well, but makes it's own way, while still preserving the original's spirit.

This is a game not to be missed.
  10. Mar 27, 2013
    Amazing game. Level of detail is outstanding. The gameplay, story, characters and the setting are all fantastic. Go out and buy it you won't be disappointed.
  11. Mar 27, 2013
    A game that has been in development for a long time now has finally come out and it has 100% been worth the wait and a breath of fresh air to the first person shooter market. When all hope was lost for the first person shooter market with bad and boring games like Call of Duty and Sniper Ghost warrior, games that are being milked and milked to the point they are now bone dry, what BioshockA game that has been in development for a long time now has finally come out and it has 100% been worth the wait and a breath of fresh air to the first person shooter market. When all hope was lost for the first person shooter market with bad and boring games like Call of Duty and Sniper Ghost warrior, games that are being milked and milked to the point they are now bone dry, what Bioshock Infinite does is so imaginative with story telling and setting that all over first person games have a lot to live up to. When you first start in the world of the new Bioshock game you instantly feel a sense of journey and mystery this feeling carry's its way through into the floating city of Columbia were you are immersed into beauty and rich atmosphere its a city were you right a home with. The scale of this game is fantastic, from the open aired streets to small enclosed corridors of houses and some great Hollywood moments to put it up there with the greatest of games. The story is very deep to put it mildly its a little like the fairy tale rapunzel, get the girl fight the beast and get out, obviously things are not as simple as that but I will say at some point in the story the actual story hits you like a tone of bricks and continues to get more amazing, surprising and shocking but I wont tell you anymore. Columbia is a living and breathing world a world which you could defiantly believe to be true and the story brings it to life with small detailed things in the world; like flight paths. The girl Elizabeth as a AI character is the best I have seen as she interacts with the entire world she gives you ammo, health and vigors she also opens up tears in the world were she brings in things from another world to Columbia like cover and men to help you. Elizabeth also comments on things in the world and draws you to over paths like letters and books and yes when you go into the mens toilets she will wait outside for you. She is the most realist I have seen in a video game. There are a few down points but nothing that should put you off .One is half way through the game and it just slowly gets boring because your just shooting but it swiftly puts all that behind its self. Another is the gun combat it feels a little poor compared to the rest of the game's good quality's. And the last is nothing to do after you have beaten the game obviously you can replay it on a harder difficulty and collect everything but you can do that quickly I was hoping that there would be some sort of online feature but I would prefer just an amazing campaign which we got. Im sure they will bring out DLC The campaign is a good length I finished it in ten hours and that is also collecting everything and having a nose into every corner of the game. Over good points I should mention is superb voice acting by both leading roles and great script writing. Visuals are good there not incredible like Uncharted 3 and Battlefield but it is just perfect for the game. In conclusion this game is quality and it is very rare that people have so much care and perfection for their games the people in Irrational games have this passion and it is great to see. I give this game a 9.8/10 what a masterpiece. Expand
  12. Mar 27, 2013
    Do not listen to any of the low reviews of Bioshock Infinite. Its one of the greatest games of all time just like the first one. The graphics on the xbox and playstation of course aren't as good as the pc, but it really doesn't take away from the experience at all. The game is a refreshing blast to a stale market of fps shooters. If you are tired of playing mindless copy and paste gamesDo not listen to any of the low reviews of Bioshock Infinite. Its one of the greatest games of all time just like the first one. The graphics on the xbox and playstation of course aren't as good as the pc, but it really doesn't take away from the experience at all. The game is a refreshing blast to a stale market of fps shooters. If you are tired of playing mindless copy and paste games such as call of duty I highly recommend picking up Bioshock Infinite, but if you are one who can't sit through a single player game and have a constant itch to play online with the masses I recommend you run far far away from this game. Expand
  13. Mar 28, 2013
    Well structured game that proves to the community that 2K Games really proves to be a company that takes time to create games with enough polish and a well-structured story. 10/10
  14. Mar 28, 2013
    As a fan if the original instalments in the BioShock franchise, I was excited to see where Infinite would go and what it would do to give players a fresh and exciting experience. And after getting my hands on it and playing it through I can honestly say that BioShock: Infinite does everything right.

The game is a joy to play, everything from roaming around the stunning streets of the flying city Colombia to riding the skylines with the useful and deadly skyhook, it all works seamlessly. The game has some of the best graphics I have seen in a very long while, and the way that Colombia has been painstakingly built from the ground up is jaw dropping. We as the players, are offered a city to explore unlike any I have seen before in any game, let alone a BioShock title. Where Infinite really shines though, is the story, which has to be one of the most moving 12 15hrs I have ever experienced in a game. Booker and Elizabeth's struggle to escape the doomed city is one that has many twists, turns and flat out shocks that I did not see coming. Moments throughout the game were tear wrenching and only made for a more compelling experience. To avoid spoilers I am simply going to say, if you want to play a genre and perhaps a generation defining game, look no further. BioShock Infinite is a flawless masterpiece, which despite it's many delays, has been well worth the wait.
  15. Mar 29, 2013
    This was a brilliant masterpiece of a game! Definitely made it into my top ten favorite video games of all time. I seriously do not understand how somebody could hate this game (and I am sure all the people who wrote bad reviews are the classic stick up your butt hate the world kids). Finally, something to break free from the mediocrity that has become gaming. I am torn because I lovedThis was a brilliant masterpiece of a game! Definitely made it into my top ten favorite video games of all time. I seriously do not understand how somebody could hate this game (and I am sure all the people who wrote bad reviews are the classic stick up your butt hate the world kids). Finally, something to break free from the mediocrity that has become gaming. I am torn because I loved BioShock 1 but I almost like Infinite more. The story is so complex and so awesome that I couldn't even believe it. It inspired me to create a metacritic account just to show support for the game in some way. The fighting and the world of Columbia is so awesome, strategizing how to fight using tears as well as skylines (and obviously your weapons and vigors), its incredibly fun. The developers and creators put a ton of time into creating this game and it shows, the attention to detail is ridiculous, you could spend hours just walking around and looking at the world of Columbia. It is absolutely gorgeous and usually I don't even care about voice acting in games but it literally was so good that I actually noticed it. Addictive gameplay and awesome fighting system. If you haven't played it and like the other two games, do yourself a favor and buy it or rent it at the very least! Expand
  16. Mar 30, 2013
    okay to start. Whoever thinks this game is bad, they should put their controller down, hang a noose from the ceiling, and hang themselves. clearly you guys are haters and have no idea what you're talking about. The people who probably think this game is bad, still think sports games are "games"; they are simulators. this game will go down in video game history.the graphics, story andokay to start. Whoever thinks this game is bad, they should put their controller down, hang a noose from the ceiling, and hang themselves. clearly you guys are haters and have no idea what you're talking about. The people who probably think this game is bad, still think sports games are "games"; they are simulators. this game will go down in video game history.the graphics, story and gameplay are all spot on and have no flaws. I'll be the first 1 to say that's the second Bioshock sucked, but this is truly an amazing game that all should have the pleasure to enjoy. Expand
  17. Apr 1, 2013
    Full immersion which pulls you in and drains you of your emotions and excitement, all at the same time. Single player storytelling with NPC's has moved on with this game and that is what makes this game so special to me. It is a FPS though at heart, yet it has never pretended to be otherwise, that is why it has Bioshock in the title to tell you that. Well worth the wait. Thank you soFull immersion which pulls you in and drains you of your emotions and excitement, all at the same time. Single player storytelling with NPC's has moved on with this game and that is what makes this game so special to me. It is a FPS though at heart, yet it has never pretended to be otherwise, that is why it has Bioshock in the title to tell you that. Well worth the wait. Thank you so much for this gaming experience. Expand
  18. Apr 9, 2013
    Infinite plays around with many different concepts and themes as far reaching as Religion and Science. Yet it's these kinds of hard hitting issues that define Bioshock. The denizens of the squalid underwater utopia and this supposed haven in the sky, encases the protagonists in worlds that are disposed of egalitarianism. Bioshock Infinite is a remarkably presented game, with great ideasInfinite plays around with many different concepts and themes as far reaching as Religion and Science. Yet it's these kinds of hard hitting issues that define Bioshock. The denizens of the squalid underwater utopia and this supposed haven in the sky, encases the protagonists in worlds that are disposed of egalitarianism. Bioshock Infinite is a remarkably presented game, with great ideas and an ambiguous yet sentimental ending. The combat has you dicing between weapons and vigors, (a consumable alternative to plasmids) which have multiple varients such as Undertow- which is a short spray of liquid which can primarily fling targets away from you. The secondary usages of these vigors are usually trap based, and are meant to take out multiple hostiles at once. Enemy types are a little unimpressive, with face painted vox populi figures and big-daddy-like suited mercenaries taking most screen time. Encounters with the hulking Handymen and the Boy of Silence are miniscule, though there are quite a few fireman battles. Each of these are an ample test of your abilities to wield the vigors and plasmids, and are great enemies for experimentation. Your lifebar is much longer now, so you won't constantly be returning to chambers each time you die, and Elizabeth is great at gifting items that she finds, whilst staying out of sight of the enemy. Though it is a little odd that she gifts you so many coins. It's also a shame that there is no backtracking for collectibles, but the story and characters anchor the experience, which is the right approach. In the end Infinite completely delivers on the immersion and the care which lifts Bioshock above generic shooter status. Expand
  19. Apr 30, 2013
    i loved the first bioshock and this one, although realllly different, is still just as on par in terms of plot, gameplay, soundtrack etc. some of the voice acting can be annoying but that's just because i'm bipolar and everything is annoying when i'm manic. (anyway). anyway.
  20. Apr 30, 2013
    This is a great game. The greatness comes from gameplay, story, environment controls, polish, but not nessiceraly from graphics. But for true gamers we all know that graphics is not all to a game look at the sentence before, there are 6 or 7 things that contribute to greatness and this game by Irrational Games has it all.
  21. May 2, 2013
    Everything done right, hopefully it continues. My vote for GOTY. Beautifully takes an already amazing and well established series and brings it to another level. Answers lots of questions, raises more, but doesn't leave you feeling cheated like most games of the type do. Worth every cent. The escort mechanic is amazing, you're not just dragging around this useless sack to keep alive. OneEverything done right, hopefully it continues. My vote for GOTY. Beautifully takes an already amazing and well established series and brings it to another level. Answers lots of questions, raises more, but doesn't leave you feeling cheated like most games of the type do. Worth every cent. The escort mechanic is amazing, you're not just dragging around this useless sack to keep alive. One of the best I've ever played, Expand
  22. Jun 19, 2013
    This game is one of the most original I've ever played and the series is already in my "Top 10 video games series". It's hard to explain this game by words. It has so much emotions, great story, great characters (specially Elisabeth). Playing in that background was amazing and the enemies where challenging and strong and you needed a lot of variety of attacks to pass it on hard. TheThis game is one of the most original I've ever played and the series is already in my "Top 10 video games series". It's hard to explain this game by words. It has so much emotions, great story, great characters (specially Elisabeth). Playing in that background was amazing and the enemies where challenging and strong and you needed a lot of variety of attacks to pass it on hard. The plasmids aren't that useful that they where in the previous games but surely are useful and will save you a lot. This third game is the one you need more strategy because it doesn't have save points and you lose money when you die, money that you need to buy upgrades. Apart for the excellent gameplay you have a beautiful story and one of the most difficult to understand at the end but with a bit of attention you will get it. So what i meant to say was: this game is beautiful, has great characters, brilliant gameplay, great improvement for the series, good enemies and great music. This and the first Bioshock are tied in my favorites of the series.
    And by the way, the Songbrid was so brilliant and looked so good!
  23. Mar 30, 2013
    Bioshock infinite is amazing. The level of detail in this game is beyond the words of a reviewer, and the story is perfect for the time we live in. This is one of the best games I have ever played
  24. May 23, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is THE best FPS shooter since Goldeneye 007 and Perfect Dark on the N64. Not only does this instalment of the Bioshock franchise feel like an old school styled game but it also has that same feeling that I've been missing dearly since I last played those games.

The Halo games lacked the sensational feeling of the two great shooters on the N64. In fact, most games lately have deviated in terrible ways. FPSs have become Call of Duty knock offs, even though call of Duty ripped everything in the franchise from pre-existing franchises also. Bioshock Infinite has finally come out at a time where video games in general have been disappointing lately, especially in light of big-name titles, like Halo 4 from last year.

Bioshock Infinite is just a wildly good time with your console. You'll be sleeping in late because of how good the game is. I was a victim of staying up for hours playing this masterpiece to death. It's a game that's more than a franchise game: it's art. The environment of the game is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen, and we all know how pixels can make potentially beautiful things turn ugly. Thankfully, this is not the case here.

I can't recommend this game highly enough. If you're just going to get ONE game this year, THIS IS THE GAME TO TAKE HOME!

I give Bioshock Infinite 5/5 stars. One of my new all-time favourite video games.
  25. Apr 11, 2013
    Well considering the everything everyone has already ran over here with their smug giant ass in head Winnebagos, I will just go ahead and say it. I agree with thems alls! I will say that the original Bioshock kicked the living poop out of me for some time, an I always felt starved for ammo and on the edge. Here it is not the case, which for a fraidy cat is really nice. I like feelingWell considering the everything everyone has already ran over here with their smug giant ass in head Winnebagos, I will just go ahead and say it. I agree with thems alls! I will say that the original Bioshock kicked the living poop out of me for some time, an I always felt starved for ammo and on the edge. Here it is not the case, which for a fraidy cat is really nice. I like feeling challenged but comfortable enough that I know I can get ammo when I need it if I have the Jing. Beautiful beyond words is the world that you are thrust into, I was in awe from the first moment. Tried showing it to my Fiance who is religious, did not go over well... D: Imagine that. But the Symbolism inherent to works like these is thick and the iconography is just glorious. People will always complain about this or that not being what they had hoped, not enough, or too much. But the reality is, Irrational really did us a service with this one. I would have liked to see more interaction with Songbird early on, maybe a decent battle, or something physical. I was pleased with how the character was used. Elizabeth was fantastic and I found myself emotionally interested in her more than I expected to. As a parent you inherently feel more for how Children play in power scenarios. Some levels really seemed like the team went "OK we have all these ambitions, and only 80% funding and time in which to execute them" and it does feel a bit constricted. But it's great really, the weapons have gotten much more exciting than the first bioshock, and that for me was a major point of improvement that was noticeable. I ran with the Sniper rifle and Carbine as I love ranged engagements. I upgraded shock jockey and that ended up being very useful. I took one point off for an ending that I felt could have offered more in which to do with a scenario it was afforded through the complex story. Enjoy! Expand
  26. Aug 23, 2013
    A story that keeps you hooked till the jaw-droppingly deep ending, gameplay that's so deliciously violent and graphics that don't always look great, but it's sure fun to look at. I'm serious. That ending will leave you in deep thought for days.
  27. Apr 14, 2013
    This game is worth the hype do yourself a favor and at least rent it, you won't be disappointed, this is a true work of art. Plenty of throwbacks to the original Bioshock which is easily one of the best games of all time.
  28. Apr 25, 2013
    Ok, I give this one 9 out of 10. But is it worth all thy hype and praise? Well, 90% of it, hence my score. This is one of the best games I have played recently and a haunting story that got me hook from the first to the last minute. But, is it the best Bioshock of all? Not it's not. "Would you kindly?" still wanders my thoughts and I don't think Infinite will linger for that long. BioshockOk, I give this one 9 out of 10. But is it worth all thy hype and praise? Well, 90% of it, hence my score. This is one of the best games I have played recently and a haunting story that got me hook from the first to the last minute. But, is it the best Bioshock of all? Not it's not. "Would you kindly?" still wanders my thoughts and I don't think Infinite will linger for that long. Bioshock 1 still is the best game. BI is gorgeous, with a different tone and atmosphere than previous entries. Fist of all, the confinement is gone traded for an endless sky with no boundaries. The setting is different, as well, where a 'Dark Disney' feeling substitutes the steampunk-utopia of Rapture. Nevertheless, this game CANNOT be missed. The Bioshock pedigree is there, filled with its interesting characters and (not always) predictable plot twists. The game plays beautifully too, making this one an almost perfect package where plot and action are very well intertwined. One of the best releases of 2013, for sure. Expand
  29. Mar 31, 2013
    In the first "BioShock", the main protagonist (like many FPS protagonists) was a blank slate. Nameless, voiceless, and effectively inconsequential. He was still important, sure, but his importance was owed mostly to his actions and origin rather than his personality or motivations. He was meant to be an empty vessel, and in a way, he could have been anybody. The real star was the city ofIn the first "BioShock", the main protagonist (like many FPS protagonists) was a blank slate. Nameless, voiceless, and effectively inconsequential. He was still important, sure, but his importance was owed mostly to his actions and origin rather than his personality or motivations. He was meant to be an empty vessel, and in a way, he could have been anybody. The real star was the city of Rapture and the philosophy and history within it. In "BioShock Infinite", however, it feels as though the roles have been reversed. While the flying city of Columbia is interesting and rich, by the end of the story, you realize that it really could have been any city with any philosophy and the story wouldn't have been very different. The real stars this time around are the central characters of Booker DeWitt and Elizabeth. While it does feel a waste that such an interesting setting is only explored peripherally, the focus on character in this game gives it its edge and its story is a puzzle but it doesn't sacrifice engagement in order to keep the player guessing. One of the best games ever. Expand
  30. Jun 4, 2013
    I don't think much needs to be said about this game. It is amazing, the guns are exciting, the powers are new and innovative, the storyline has a gripping hold on you as you're thrown around the room being twisted from all the plot devices. You have a beautiful companion who aids you in your adventures. Even the enemies are fun. Buy this game, it is fantastic, you won't have wasted yourI don't think much needs to be said about this game. It is amazing, the guns are exciting, the powers are new and innovative, the storyline has a gripping hold on you as you're thrown around the room being twisted from all the plot devices. You have a beautiful companion who aids you in your adventures. Even the enemies are fun. Buy this game, it is fantastic, you won't have wasted your money, it's one of the few games that's actually worth the £40.

I can't help thinking Bioshock 1 was better though. still deserves a strong 10 nonetheless

1. May 27, 2013
    In an infinite universe, anything can happen, but in Infinite's, the specifics are what get you.
  2. Apr 23, 2013
    One of those rare games that speaks to the player on a personal, emotional level with a thought-provoking, mature storyline set in one of the most amazing worlds conceived in a game. Plus, it's a wonderful FPS with deep, tactical combat. Essential. [Issue#230, p.66]
  3. Multiple dimensions and a clever scenario with a surprise around every corner make it difficult for us to explain our enthusiasm without spoiling the story. Only the extended ghost chase (literally) halfway through the game drags on a bit too long. [April 2013, p.74]