8.4

1. Mar 26, 2013
    Alright so time for a reality check concerning this franchise. I've been tracking for many years now how the shock series wich started with one of my alltime favourite games 'system shock' has slowly slipped down into a pit of "mass market appeal". With every new installment a few layers of complexity and freedom wich set the games apart from their contemporaries have been methodically shaved off and as we arrive at the fifth game there just isn't all that much left. Let me give you a few examples: The hacking wich used to consist of various minigames and even forays into cyberspace now just consist of collecting lockpicks that are jammed into certain locations by the press of a button. The weapons at your disposal used to be numerous and could be modded with various firing modes and ammo types to fit your needs is now reduced to five versions of a standard gun with a negative correlation between damage and firing frequency, and a rocket launcher/grenade launcher. Items, grenades, stimpacks, boosters and implants are completely removed and there is no inventory at all nor is there a map screen. The only puzzle solving (if you can even call it that) consists of finding a books that are linked to a certain areas and then letting an npc solve it for you, no I'm not joking. I could go on but I think you get the picture. Bottom line is the story is still good, the graphics are awesome, gameplay has taken a short step over a tall cliff. If I were to plot this franchise as a regression line I'd predict that the sixth game will have completely lost that incredible mix of gameplay and story wich elevated the early games into my personal alltime favourites. The Shock franchise has lost its soul in pursuit of the mass market segment and it saddens me greatly. Collapse
  2. Mar 27, 2013
    Pretty pictures, no substance, which is what you can say about 99 percent of the games released these days. And the game is over in 20 hours???? This thing should sell for $20 for such little content.
  3. Mar 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Remember, dear gamers, that one demo from 2 years ago in which Booker faced that one weird politician guy who asked a certain Charles to attack with a certain murder of crows?... Well we don't see either of them. Or even that location. And thus I introduce you to my review of Bioshock Infinite, or as I now call it:

Artsy FPS: Unfulfilled.

The game opens up as a mystery wrapped in an enigma, coated in religion, social commentaries of the early 20th century, racism, steampunk and, best of all, the promise of facing the iconic Songbird in battle.

To quote some gangster or other: forget about it. Ultimately, the game is a take on the 'Infinity of universes' theory. Sci-fi. And that theme takes up the second half of the game and never lets go. So indeed, forget about all those other themes to which we mere mortals might have made somewhat of a connection with our mere human experiences and let's dive in the utter of an incoherent story those lovable over at Irrationnal are still jerking off to. As a game, it's been dumbed down from any previous Bioshock. No more hacking, no noticeable choice system, linear level design and a two-weapons-only system makes this feel more like your average war shooter than anything. The characters you meet have little to no impact on you as a gamer, which might have been fixed if the game bothered showing them more than once, and not killing them off when they are first seen!

Oh, and Songbird? The presumed Big Daddy of Infinite? He is seen only three times. Then killed off in a cutscene. Lovely. He is so underdevelopped, he could have been any fat jailer riding a glider, for all I cared!

In short, I lost my faith in the videogame market. If Irrationnal can up that badly... woof.

You, as a gamer, will feel that such little is influenced by you over the course of that lengthy playthrough. Nothing is fleshed out enough! The racism; gone. AMERICA!!!; gone. Promises were laid out by Levine, by those demos, by those trailers; all of which were ultimately misleading, even erronous. The key word is interchangeable. If the punchline to all that build-up was Multiple Realities, well congratulations, Irrationnal, you are now 'there', as in 'Been there...' As for me, I would rather go crawling back to Sofia Lamb.

The Rued.
  4. Jun 14, 2013
    The most overrated game of the year, with a ridiculous setting, a badly-narrated plot that made no sense at any point, and that left the player wondering what's happening throughout the game. And the game itself was just an average, straight forward shooter that wasn't even much fun. It was a bore to get through it, and I only endured it because I wanted to see what the ending was all about. Honestly, the game is not worth the time invested, and I don't know why all the critics are raving about it. Expand
  5. Mar 28, 2013
    Disappointment. I feel cheated. This goes down as the most over-hyped over-rated game in history. As someone who played the first two games and loved the experience, I feel incredibly let down by this release. I'm sorry for the fan-boys that claim this is the GOTY, they require mental evaluation. Uninspiring gameplay, washed out visuals and DLC content absolutely ruin this game. I'm reselling it before everyone else comes to their senses. Expand
  6. Mar 29, 2013
    This is a perfect case of nostalgia taking over a sound judgment; I'm seeing alot of 10's where that kind of score should be given to a perfect game with no faults whatsoever. The game is good, I admit that. It has one of the most amazing visuals this gen and the story, while not on par with the previous shock games, is still good enough to immerse any gamer. The gameplay, however, is so frustrating. I'm not sure whether i'm just that good or the combat is effing easy. I was playing on Hard mode but enemies rarely pose a challenge; It was supposed to be a Souls-kind of difficulty on higher modes but the devs apparently catered to the casuals. The gameplay was also dumbed down. I still vividly remember my first encounter with a Big Daddy; it really sent shivers down my spine. It was such a juggernaut that first time encounters will be really difficult. Infinite poses no intimidating enemies. It felt like I'm just shooting down generic AI just to advance the story. I was about to give this game a 6/10 but seeing so many 10's, I have to give it a 4 to level the score. Expand
  7. May 27, 2013
    What's missing was plasma. I really missed that, that was the main thing I loved about Bioshock. I loved the Electro-Bolt, Cyclone Trap Enrage Hypnotize Big Daddy Incinerate!, Insect Swarm Security Bullseye, Sonic Boom Target Dummy, Telekinesis Winter Blast. Last of all Soundtrack was perfect. Bioshock Infinite didn't had any of that. Guns were horrible as well.
  8. Apr 5, 2013
    Scratch beneath the surface of Bioshock Infinite's glossy veneer and your'll find a mind numbing shooter completely and utterly devoid of any innovation or depths. Let's get straight down to business here, this game is not fun to play. Game-play consists of irritatingly stupid enemies running at you, you shoot them, then loot their corpses, repeat for 20 hours. Combat is barely competent. With no cover mechanic, impossible to see enemies will attack from all angles. Increasing the difficulty only increases the level of frustration. There is no tightly woven gaming mechanic to master here you just have to grind through the best you can. The story and characters are obnoxiously shoved in your face constantly, but with no way of affecting events they only serve to annoy further. The only area Infinite scores marks in is the presentation and concept. Columbia could have been a great setting for a better game. But Infinite is just irrelevant. Expand
  9. Aug 4, 2013
    Game of the year? For what?
    The gaming experience is nothing special and the biggest complaint for this game is it creating an average fun experience until you get to the end of the game where the waves upon waves of enemies are ridiculous, etc. How they make the first 38 levels fine and then all of a sudden bump it to ridiculous lengths is beyond me. And this is on hard, not even the
    hardest level. Soooooooooooooooo dumb. The game is fun; nothing special. Game of the year is hands down The Last Of Us; good game, but definitely overrated as well. Expand
  10. Jun 5, 2013
    Se isso que se passa por bons jogos hoje em dia, então meu coração sangra por esta geração. Este jogo foi uma tarefa ao fim, ea única coisa que tornou suportável era a história e os atores de voz. Eu não vou nem comparar este jogo para o primeiro, porque novo e merece ser avaliado em seu mérito real. Mas tudo Brincadeiras parte, este jogo não pode segurar uma vela para os dois primeiros. Gamep

estava chato
    Não há nenhum elemento servil. Isso delegada este jogo em um jogo de tiro sub-par lá. O que sorrateiramente pode ser feito desajeitado e sempre prova menos confiável no final. A AI inimigo tão esperto, ele vai ser capaz de derrubar você dentro de um segundo, independentemente de onde você está ou se pode ser visto. uma corrida típica e atirador de pistola com alguns poderes especiais que eu mal utilizados. O jogo fácil, mesmo no Hard. Eu estava esperando que isso permita-me sentir como se eu estava lutando por minha vida, ou arrecadar materiais, mas este jogo dá-lhe Saúde na proliferação. Eu nunca tive necessidade, e isso não faz o jogo parecer real. Era barato. O jogo dá-lhe tudo em uma bandeja de prata. Eu rapidamente desligou todos os itens do HUD que lhe dá o caminho mais fácil, mas eu ainda achei o jogo fazendo isso. A parte que mais me decepcionante foi o nível de maquiagem. Enquanto belo (em um grau), o jogo está usando todos os atalhos clássicos. Bad polígono contagem, terrível mapeamento de textura sério, o motor Unreal mais velho do que a Deus, podemos colocá-lo para a cama agora? Obrigado. os níveis são basicamente como o jogo FEAR abetos. Atire alguns caras, viagem para a próxima fase, matar alguns caras, pequeno monólogo de Elizabeth, lavagem, enxágüe, repita. uma fórmula que não permite muita exploração. Sobre todo bom encontro no jogo roteirizado e isso chato. Onde estavam as lutas contra chefes? Eu nunca tive nenhum problema até que ele veio para os trabalhadores manuais, e, em seguida, se você sabe o truque, eles são fáceis demais. Os bandidos não me fez odiá-los. Eles não eram vilão. Pensei em Booker como mais um vilão do que eles. Vou dar o crédito jogo onde devido. Ele fez ma
  11. Jul 31, 2013
    The hype kill me with Bioshock Infinite, I keep thinking about what I'm agree with Meristation analysis. All the time I kept thinking about "what could have been" So many things that came out in 2011 NOT LEAVE trailers.

For example Elizabeth trying to cure a horse and suddenly I remember doing a tear to help I figured I would get electric horses and real horses they would do some
    empathy with Elizabeth, but no cigar out electrical horses.

Well, neither helps give Elizabeth beyond ammunition, items or open tears out there. In one of the trailers I remember her into a sort of ball made of objects and water, and then Booker's electrified and thus the throwing. I remember that in fact it toward a kind of storm. None of that happens. In that scene I think it came out well and was one helluva Handy Man. None of that happens at the end.

Another thing I did not like is that in the trailers of 2011 showed us a much more vivid Elizabeth, talking more, interacting more with expressions for each situation that made her look more realistic. In the final game has passed that I can be frightened by X situation, the Songbird or I know, and right next second have the face expressionless as a doll. In the trailers when startled by Songbird remained scared and then he was passing the shock naturally as you speak. Here it happens all at once, a second is scared and the next like a doll expressionless. It is pretty seedy and the script is quite noticeable, quite contrary to what they showed in the trailers.

I remember that we saw in the trailers also played with a head like a puppet and was coming down to see different things. The behavior is similar in the final game (without the puppet scene) but quite far from what one imagined with what is shown. In fact sometimes approaching objects and is watching them, or tells you that there is no such object, but it plays with nothing, gets nothing. I also hoped there would be more dialogue. Dialogue with Elizabeth is bad, but I expected much, much more.

All this was perfectly possible, there was no technical impediments or anything. What I think is that they did not want to spend more time putting more Scripts Scripts put more dialogue or the character to do more things. Because that is what is most required time. Perhaps the intention was to put all that Irrational at first, but a matter of time left him out and in the end we left with a half-Elizabeth.

At the end I am left with the feeling that it's a mediocre game, artistically not impressed me, but neither is a "God" of games as many people have seen you preach or like myself thought it was coming along all the trailers they were going to launch.

Bioshock Infinite is mediocre, no NOTHING brings neither in terms of narrative, nor in terms of gameplay, everything has been done before and BEST.

I'm a big fan of bioshock 1 for me is the masterpiece. On 3 disappointed me for many reasons, one who has completed Hype crushing the AI ​​as I find Elizabeth is just kidding, it's nothing we have not seen before, gives ammunition! that breakthrough. To me it is an empty and dull game, with secondary characters and personality lacking animation, AI talk about Elizabeth, as you will have given it to her for all the other characters are without power, you see the population static and made of porcelain, in the same position all the time, no life, walk into a bar and shoot and no one moves, an AI shameful recently credible around you. All highly mechanized, automated, directed, did not feel at any time the sensations of BioShock 1 a moment if only in the moment you return to Rapture.

But the trailer for 2011 has killed the end game, because that was pure interactive show which nothing remains in the final game. In my judgment, that is to trick players.
  12. Dec 25, 2013
    I have finished the first bioshock and the second. i found the first game to be a great concept that was realised immaculately. There was very little to fault and i played it through several times on different platforms. The second bioshock gave me the novelty of playing as a an all powerful big daddy, and although at times you felt a bit over powered it was still a great game. I have been waiting for 3 or 4 years for infinite, excited about what the dev team would come up with this time round, expecting greatness. Well i have to say I'm glad i didn't buy the game straight away and decided to wait till it was cheaper because this game is awful.

To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement, this cookie cutter, glossy shooter is no better than a retarded cousin of bioshock one. Excuse me if that sounds politically incorrect. I can relate the disappointment infinite has brought to the appointment i felt playing Fable 2, after having played fable 1 many times over growing up thinking fable 2 could only make the franchise better; how wrong i was.

Anyway, whats specifically wrong with bioshock infinite is the confused storyline, and the terrible gameplay. The AI is stupid enough to leave you sighing at every battle, there's rarely a challenge, the guns are boring and combat feels clunky. This game is literally grinding through boring uninspired battles, and things start to get repetitive all too quickly. I stopped half way through my first play through as i could actually feel my life being wasted by dumbed down game play. I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone and i want my money back.
  13. Jan 14, 2014
    I played this game as part of the Instant Game Collection available for free to Playstation Plus members.

Boring. Painfully dull. Takes forever to pick up speed and when it does, there's not much there. I feel like this game has been done before, only better. I don't understand this game's appeal or its universal critical acclaim. Even for free, I can't endure another moment.
    Sorry, I don't get it. I'll give a couple of points because it looks great, but that's all that's there for me. Expand
  14. Feb 23, 2014
    Hopefully the studio is closing and they'll never make another crappy COD clone ruining a franchise like this. From the original and excellent System Shock 1 and 2 and the very good Bioshock 1 then it was all downhill until this awful piece of software combining a very confusing story without any purpose with a Call of Duty play style. Avoid.
  15. Mar 17, 2014
    The story in the game is confusing and half-baked, there is no chemistry in the characterisations, and the gameplay - that is, the shooting - is not fun at all, and is a slog to get through points A and B of the story. It has some nice art direction, but it also represents a lot of what is wrong with AAA titles.
  16. May 5, 2013
    When I first started playing Bioshock Infinite, I felt like it was the greatest game ever like I did with the first Bioshock. Then I realized that this isn't the first Bioshock. Don't get me wrong, this game is still really fun and has a good story like the first, but it just didn't give me that same feeling that I got from the first game. The gameplay is radically different from the first game, and not in a good way. The first game was nearly perfect as a mix of FPS, RPG, and survival horror, this is just a straight up FPS. Even though it's a straight up FPS, it's still a really fun game to play. I liked using all of the different weapons and seeing what I could do with them and it helps make the game not be repetitive. Vigors and Elizabeth's ability to open tears also make the game not repetitive. I do have an issue with the vigors though, there just aren't enough of them. In the first Bioshock I loved all of the different plasmids that I could get, but there just aren't very many vigors in Bioshock Infinite. I loved Elizabeth's ability to open tears, it made combat a little better because she can bring many different things into battle. She can bring in things like weapons, turrets, patriots(giant robotic George Washington with a big gun), mosquitos(floating turrets), cover, and puddles(so you can shock people standing in it). Opening tears is great because it varies combat a lot. My main issue with gameplay is that it's a bit too easy, if you run out of ammo, Elizabeth will just give you more. It's the same thing with salts(vigors). The game was made a lot easier because Elizabeth can just give you a lot of things that you could use without you actually trying to find it. Almost every time that my health got low, Elizabeth gave me a health pack, which honestly, made the game too easy. The only really difficult part of the game is the handyman fights. I hated how they got rid of most of the RPG and survival horror elements. I would like to say that I thought that the story was just okay, not great. It really didn't get interesting until it was nearing the end, the rest just felt like filler to make the game longer. Which is weird because the game really isn't that long, it took me about eight hours to finish it. My biggest issue with the game overall is the ending, I'm not going to spoil anything but it doesn't make sense and it doesn't answer any questions. Most people who played the game say that it has a phenomenal ending, but I really don't see it. Instead of tying up all of the loose ends like an ending to a story is supposed to do it just brought up more questions. I wasn't satisfied with the ending one little bit. In conclusion, Bioshock Infinite is a good, fun game that has issues and is radically different from the first game but in a negative way. My score would actually be a lot lower but the game is still really, really fun and I played it from beginning to end in a couple days. It's not the best game ever, and it's definitely not as good as the first Bioshock, which was one of the greatest games of this generation and of all time. This game is kind of hard to recommend because it's just too short and it lacks replay value and the story is just not that great. Expand
  17. Jun 26, 2014
    A very generic FPS with a poor story, bland characters, terribly anti-climactic ending, and no replay value. Not only does the shooter gameplay offer nothing new, almost everything about this game feels hijacked from Dishonored which came out a year prior, whether it be the art style, the music and certain sound effects like the sirens, to the way the enemies move, it really feels like a copy and paste job; more than I have ever experienced from any other video game. Fun for a single playthough but that's it. Expand
  18. Apr 2, 2013
    OK enough of the 10 out of 10 scores as they are not very relevant.
    I will not go into my personal issues with this game as I will be here all day so just PROS and CONS -

PROS:
    The game does look very nice, in fact too candy looking nice, like stepping into a 3D world made by WILLY WONKA which would be lovely for a game based on this type of adventure, but this is a shooter and a not
    very realistic one more of a dreamy sweet one!

The vocal talent and sound effects are very good.
    The 3D models are also very well done.
    The textures can be a mixed bag though and spoil some great moments.
    The story starts well but gets confused with itself in the end.
    The Elizabeth character works well but agin to sugary for my taste.

CONS:
    The hype of this game was never going to be realised and it will be in bargain bins within 6 months.
    The shooting is bad, the aiming is rubbish and clunky and the weaponry is not very inventive at all coming from original BIOSHOCK creators.
    This is a treacle covered BIOSHOCK 1 where the creators have reused mechanics under a different setting.
    This is NOT a step forward or a better game than BIOSHOCK 1.
    The main character is not very indearing and movable, try this very early on your on a floating barge try jumping up onto some crates and then jump to teh skyrail above.......You cannot do it! but after a few minutes you can leap what seems to be 20 feet into the air to a skyhook without any problem!
    The mechanics just are not consistant to the world and the map you are in.
    Also what is with all the loading...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz do you wish to leave this area????? consoles got over this years ago with streaming data for new levels etc.
    If you wish to see a really good game in action, plays very well and enjoy the atmosphere then spend your money on TOMB RAIDER or if you must play this type of game hunt out teh original which is far far better.

SUMMARY:
    Like the remake of Charlie and the chocolate factory, this is sugar coated but lacks the brilliance of the original it was based on.
  19. Jul 29, 2013
    Most disappointing game of the year

Gameplay: The game involves you shooting a lot of people while using powers (vigors) to dispatch of them. This may seem like fun but enemy AI has got to be some of the worst I have ever seen, if they're not busy running towards you they're either running in circles around an object or they're standing on one spot making them easy targets, this seemed
    like it would make the game easy but every enemy is a massive bullet sponge and will force you to scavenge during the battle while someone charges behind you with a shotgun. Almost every weapon is useless and you will find yourself keeping the same two weapons for the whole game since they are the strongest out of all weapons. The same goes for vigors here (Bucking Bronco itself is all that's really needed to win). All of the exploration from previous Bioshock games are missing here and this game becomes mostly a corridor shooter, the only exploration involved is the use of lock-picks to open doors for more items but these don't really keep anything special. There is gear that can be found and added onto your character and can change your abilities such as making your melee strikes stronger but you'll hardly be worrying about these apart from when you find your first one. The sky-hook system isn't that good either; while the controls are good when riding it there is hardly any use for them, every combat section can be beaten without them since death isn't much of a penalty in the game apart from losing money. Also the game sometimes doesn't realize that you want to ride them even when you're right underneath them looking up so then you're left jumping up and down like an idiot. Elizabeth's AI is helpful as she will help find stuff throughout the game from ammo to salts (for vigors) to health packs and money, she will never get harmed during combat which is a good thing as it keeps the game from becoming an escort mission were you'd be panicking about the enemies banzai rushing her as well as you. Elizabeth can also make tears at certain points in the game which will help you during combat, these tears in reality make more weapons show up and even machines that will help you by shooting at the enemies and distract them. Combat is typical shooter overall but can get dull and repetitive especially in one chapter that requires you to fight the same boss battle three times in a row.

Story: The story starts off very well and can be intriguing. However there is plenty of things wrong with it. I understand that the game is set in a time period where racism was accepted in the world however this subject matter isn't executed in a good way, it is seen in a complete good/bad manner with no middle ground at all and this becomes very noticeable by the middle act of the game. Even worse though without giving this arc in the story a proper resolution it is instead forgotten about for another story which involves Elizabeth's tears. This is when the story starts to fall apart because not only is there no sense of society falling apart there is now a story which soon becomes full of plot holes and cliche's which hardly makes any sense. Every character in this game is either unlikable, moronic or underdeveloped, Booker DeWitt isn't a character I enjoyed playing in fact I started to despise him more and more as the story progressed. Comstock is a contender for the lamest villain of all time and Songbird is hardly in the game at all. The only character that I did care for was Elizabeth which is a shame because it is her reality tears that cause most of the stories problems and with all of the plot-holes present it's hard to like her when you don't even know what the hell is going on. There are a couple of twins who show up and while they seem peculiar and funny at first I did just want to shoot them by the end of the game.

Graphics: The graphics are the best thing about the game, there is a crazy amount of detail to every location in the game with only a couple of dull corridors. Every character has a great amount of detail and emotion in all of their actions and the effects from the vigors look cool when they are used which is awesome.

Bioshock Infinite isn't the greatest the game of all time sadly which is a shame. Part of my disappointment comes from how different the product has became during the whole development. If you have watched any demos or trailers for the past 2 years and can't wait to use features or play moments that were shown in them. Then you will be just as disappointed as I am, virtually nothing from these demos happen and I feel rather cheated at the fact these never showed up in the final game especially when these demos claimed to be actual gameplay. For every good point about this game has there is always a dozen problems holding it back. If you are new to Bioshock I would greatly suggest you take a visit to Rapture in the first two games rather than join Columbia no matter how nice it looks up there.
  20. Aug 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was a huge fan of the first Bioshock game. Its story and setting were compelling, truly alive and stood out as something fresh and interesting, which more than made up for its uninspired gameplay mechanics. During my stay in rapture I felt right. I was an ordinary man, lost and out of his element, forced to survive in a beautiful and terrible, alien world. Every audio-log I found, every room, every character added another piece to the incredible mystery that was rapture and the games big reveal was not only in-keeping with the world, but surprising enough to genuinely impress me. Bioshock Infinite had none of these things. There was no facet of this game which could hold a candle to its predecessor.
    (THIS WAY BE SPOILERS!)
    Not only did the audio-logs (one of my favorite features in Bioshock) fail to add to the story, they failed to provide any information at all. The supporting cast was almost non-existent. From Jeremiah Fink to Daisy Fitzroy, none grew or changed as the story progressed, even Booker/Comstock had no goals beyond violence in order to control Elizabeth. Speaking of the only character you ever learned anything about, Elizabeth played a pathetically subservient role in both the story and gameplay, constantly requiring Booker's help to survive and even his permission to open locks or tares (the only things she can do). The story's climax and resolution failed to add anything to the story or develop any of the characters AND managed to retcon itself and the entirety of the rest of the game up to and including the only thing it managed to do even partially well. Which brings me to my high-point in the game: Colombia. While it lacked the mystique and life of Rapture it was, nonetheless, breathtaking. There have been few games that have created such a visual spectacle. Yet just like its inhabitants, it was empty. In spite of the fact that it was supposed to be a city of thousands, brimming with life, it felt far more dead than a the ruined and blasted Rapture ever did. Neutral npcs would stand still and repeat the same tasks for hours with no reaction to Booker's presence and would suddenly vanish without a trace once combat began. As the game progressed the world became increasingly empty and repetitive. While some levels like the Hall of Heroes mixed things up, the game never really changed in tone or appearance. Then comes the gameplay. Combat has been my low-point for every Bioshock game, but considering 2K had FIVE YEARS to improve upon it there is simply no excuse. The fact that it has degenerated is just a nail in the coffin. Unlike plasmids, vigors were almost entirely useless with the only Possession ever serving a practical use. The AI was dense and could be easily outwitted with tactics as simple as circle-kiting and wall-banging, even hard and "1999 mode" only served to slow the game down. One nice addition were the sky-lines which managed to add a little bit of novelty and speed to the combat. Yet the game also managed to add absolutely nothing to the franchise in terms of player decisions or consequence of action, something which it lauded itself on upon launch. My final, and perhaps greatest, complaint comes from the game's lack of immersion and interesting lore, there was simply no universe in which Colombia existed. Every enemy only exists as a different thing to shoot at, none of the advanced goons have any real reason to be in Colombia (with the exception of perhaps the patriot) and are never fully explained within the universe. Elizabeth's powers grow and shrink, expand and contract only as the game requires and the gameplay and plot potential of her tares goes completely ignored. Overall this game is one of the worst I have ever played and a stain upon the honor of one of my favorite franchises. I truly hope 2K and its affiliates aren't blinded by all the praise this game has managed to acquire as it could very well lead to the stagnation and death of a great franchise.
  21. Sep 24, 2013
    Combat overkill ruined the story and any fun in exploring the world. Watch a few youtube playthroughs and you'll get the gist of what I'm saying as you hear the let's players noticably sigh as they enter yet another area/shooting gallery filled with goons and realise that ALL of them must be killed. When it comes to gameplay mechanics, subtlety is not this game's forte.

Shame because
    the world and story seemed quite interesting.

Very over-hyped, overpraised and technically and mechanically lagging well behind many of today's AAA games.
  22. Aug 11, 2014
    This game is completely overrated. Its not bad game - we can find thousands of FPS which are not as good as this game. Unfortunately this is Bioshock franchise so we have to use special optics to measure this one.
    If you are *Shock fan - preapare yourself for disappointment. There is no strategy, there is no hacking, there is no puzzles, you can carry only two weapons which are generally
    equal - pistol have almost the same power as machine gun so there is no need for tactics. Vending machines offers all necessary items in low prices - you don't have to think to much about money;)
    I will write nothing about the graphics as its just simply ok. But climate .... Its just so f***ng sweet.... geeez. There is no moment when you feel like rat in a maze, there is no fear, no sense of danger. In rest of *Shock series you were alone in the world full of beasts - here you simply dont care. This is just another FPS- nothing new, with world set up in the skies. Ive been so bored that I could not stand one hour with this game - have to take it one hour day by day ;) I bought it for about 15$ in bargain bin - and i think its worth 10$ - just for acceptable graphics and Bioshock nice name on front cover ;)
    Ant this game shows that "professional critics" are pay by game corporations - I could not find so called "review" with score about 60% - I do not believe that all of them liked Infinitie
  23. Jan 15, 2014
    Second one is better ! All i'm saying Second one is better ! All i'm saying Second one is better ! All i'm saying Second one is better ! All i'm saying Second one is better ! All i'm saying
  24. Mar 26, 2013

1. May 27, 2013
    In an infinite universe, anything can happen, but in Infinite's, the specifics are what get you.
  2. Apr 23, 2013
    One of those rare games that speaks to the player on a personal, emotional level with a thought-provoking, mature storyline set in one of the most amazing worlds conceived in a game. Plus, it's a wonderful FPS with deep, tactical combat. Essential. [Issue#230, p.66]
  3. Multiple dimensions and a clever scenario with a surprise around every corner make it difficult for us to explain our enthusiasm without spoiling the story. Only the extended ghost chase (literally) halfway through the game drags on a bit too long. [April 2013, p.74]