7.7

1. DavidB
    Jan 12, 2010
    Braid has novel concepts. That, however, is it's only gimmik, and it's not an amazeing one. The story is interesting, but not very engageing. There is zero replay value. It doesn't last as long as it's price tag would lead you to believe. It's mostly sold off as being an artistic, vibrant piece, but the PS3 has titles like Flower, Linger in Shadows and Pixeljunk Braid has novel concepts. That, however, is it's only gimmik, and it's not an amazeing one. The story is interesting, but not very engageing. There is zero replay value. It doesn't last as long as it's price tag would lead you to believe. It's mostly sold off as being an artistic, vibrant piece, but the PS3 has titles like Flower, Linger in Shadows and Pixeljunk Eden, all for the same, or cheaper, cost. If it had come out on the PSN a year ago, it'd be great, but there's other, better sources for artistic games now. Expand
  2. May 25, 2012
    Extremely hard and obtuse puzzles from a very early stage. Well designed game but just oversteps the fine line between challenging and irrirating for me.
  3. Oct 17, 2013
    Nice game, original concept but it's too short, you will finish the whole game in 3-4 hours or less if you are really good. The few extra are almost impossible and boring to find. The graphic is a bit outdated, the music is pretty good though.
    Overall it's not a masterpiece but a funny, really really short game.

Graphic: 5
    Sound: 8
    Playability: 7
    Longevity:3
    Worth: 4
  4. Aug 9, 2016
    I tried this game for half an hour or so today. It's a bit slow, the art style is good, and decent usage of puzzles. It seems like it tries hard to mix platform and puzzle. Maybe someone mentioned this in their reviews, but I looked through a lot of reviews, and I'm surprised no one mentioned the fact that the monsters and even level design is just an altered version of old Mario games.I tried this game for half an hour or so today. It's a bit slow, the art style is good, and decent usage of puzzles. It seems like it tries hard to mix platform and puzzle. Maybe someone mentioned this in their reviews, but I looked through a lot of reviews, and I'm surprised no one mentioned the fact that the monsters and even level design is just an altered version of old Mario games. That is probably one of the biggest reasons this game gets such a higher score than it actually deserves, since Mario games are really popular. There's a lot of nostalgia in this game due to that fact and the 2D platform style of it all.

There's certainly many better platform/puzzle games out there you could be playing before this one though.
  5. Jul 12, 2013
    Very poetic puzzles game, calm, beatiful...

If you like hard puzzle game, you will just love this one! In my case, I burn my brain trying to finish it...and I still didn't end it! I didn't use to play this kind of game so maybe I didn't get all the mecanism!
  6. Nov 13, 2012
    To review this game, I had to read other user reviews done on this site. And to be honest, I realized something: every person who gave this game a negative or even mixed review is just not getting the concept of the game or too simple to solve it's puzzles. But let me talk about the game itself. The graphics are real simple yet so beautiful. It really is a soothing game to look at. As forTo review this game, I had to read other user reviews done on this site. And to be honest, I realized something: every person who gave this game a negative or even mixed review is just not getting the concept of the game or too simple to solve it's puzzles. But let me talk about the game itself. The graphics are real simple yet so beautiful. It really is a soothing game to look at. As for the music, it makes me feel lost in the game. Famous developers now a days don't concentrate on music and forget that music is part of the whole experience (Not all though, Music in Skyrim is awesome). The music in Braid just makes me feel like I'm in a different plain all together. Honestly, even if the gameplay was crap I'd still give it a 9 just because of the music (sorry for the exaggeration). But, fortunately, the gameplay is anything BUT crap. I found some people referring to it as a Super Mario clone. That is just WRONG. Some other people say that the game lacks fun. Have fun playing Call Of Duty because this game is not for simpletons like you. I had immense fun playing this game and challenging my brain. And I will be honest. THIS GAME IS HARD. I found myself pounding my head and screaming at the screen at some points of the game where the puzzles get so crazy. But did that ever make me quit? Never. I didn't quit any Point and Click adventure in my life so I am not quiting this. The gameplay is mostly platforming and jumping on enemies. Then it introduces Time Manipulation in a brilliant way. And every world has a theme to it, like one world is all about rewinding time, the other is about stopping and forwarding...etc. The game is beautiful to say the least. As for the story, it feels more or less like a poem. It was MEANT to be misleading and hard to get. Although I still don't fully grasp the story, It still is an interesting one. But If I wanted to rate a story I would review a Point And Click adventure not Braid. Did Limbo have an amazing story? Exactly. I gave this game a 10 because it deserves it. And it is not over-rated at all. This game deserves the support of everyone and to rate it lower than a 9 is saying that you are a Call Of Duty fan. Which means: Don't rate our games you gamer wanna-bes. Collapse

1. A moving story, serene visuals, and brilliant puzzles make Braid an adventure that you absolutely should experience.
    Despite the short length and somewhat limited replay value, Braid's artistic vision and intelligent design is more than enough reason to download the game right away. Jonathan Blow's notoriety in the indie landscape is well deserved.
  3. Braid is a great game that will force you to flex your mental muscle; in a way, it’s similar to something like echochrome, simply because you have to “bend” your mind into a certain shape before you can fully comprehend the skewed setting and premise.