7.8

1. Nov 18, 2010
    A couple of years ago i bought psychonauts, a game made by Tim Shafer, and loved it. It was original, fun and unique. since Brutal legend was made by the same guy, i simply had to buy it. I was somewhat disappointed. the game isn't bad by all means, but it's just not that good either. the humor is really good and the characters are interesting but the story is short and the gameplay gets boring quickly. the worst thing is that the game changes its own genre in the middle of the game, from a action adventure game to an rts. some gamers loved it but i did not. the rts elements are fairly basic so the game doesnt excel at anything. it tries to be some games mixed up but in my opinion doesnt succeed in doing so. it's a great tribute to metal and if you are a huge huge fan of metal you will love the game but if you are looking for a deep, unique and fun experience ,like usually found in Tim Shafer games, you might be disappointed. for me fun was really lacking in this game. Collapse
  2. Oct 19, 2010
    Jack Black can't save this game. I found it mostly annoying both from a conceptual and gameplay standpoint. There was some cool graphics. Basic hack n slash with some extras. The music was metal, good or bad. Clearly overhyped.
  3. Mar 13, 2012
    This game is the most awesome game EVER! The soundtrack is perfect, but it would be a lot better if ther was any led zeppelin song. As a piece of art, this game is a 10, but, technically it's not very good. There a **** bug issue.
  4. Dec 11, 2010
    It encapsulates the feeling and imagery of Heavy Metal with some lord of the ring aspects. It's just a shame the world is huge abut there isn't much to do.
  5. Oct 24, 2011
    when i first saw this game in stores i just skipped right over it because i thought it was some knock off of guitar hero or something but after i was informed otherwise i decided to pick it up and i couldnt believe what i was playing. this game is no guitar hero game it is an action game mixed in with real time strategy. now i know that real time strategy games usually turn people right off but this game is different because not only are you in control of your army but you can fight along side them as well and doing this is easy since the controls are nice and its easy to remember. this game's story is also mind blowing the actual story is great and kept me interested with amazing actors that you can tell are so into the game that it is more than a paycheque for them. the graphics arent the best around but they still do a good job of presenting the game and the game turns this into charm and makes the graphics feel right and normal. all of this in one package is a good game already but throw in the fact that the music is simply orgasmic i love heavy metal and these are all amzing and original songs not songs that the big names ripped off. all in all this game is amazing and should be experianced by everyone Expand
  6. Dec 17, 2013
    Fun at first. Humor is good but gameplay isn't as smooth. But get's really really repetitive. A lot off things I don't understand (what in the blue hell is a "mosh pitt"?). The tower defense is not very fun after a long while. But the worst thing: the later levels are very difficult and I was stuck on it for a long time.
    What kept me going was: the humor off it all and the beautiful
    detailed world created here. Expand
  7. Jul 8, 2012
    I bought the game because I thought I had too little 'Hack and Slash' games in the house, and really loved the Metal genre back then. It's an 'enjoyable' game, but that's it. The story is horrible if you think about it (mostly because it doesn't make any sense, though that fits with the game overall). Graphics are good in harmony, but not up to date for a 2009 game. This game is based on sounds and music, but some of the sound effects have the bitrate equivalent to the heartbeat of a passed away elephant. It's noticeable they tried to make a 'fun' game but the humor in it is only funny if you're 13 years old or under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Expand
  8. Nov 18, 2010

Brutal Legend is a tour de force that wraps up humor, music, and clever gameplay into one highly polished package. You haven't played a game quite like this before and won't want to miss it.
    Charming and clever in equal portions, Brütal Legend is a classic example of cohesive game design...In an age of ever-increasing monotony and creative stagnation, a game like Brütal Legend is brash, proud, subversive and triumphant - and it deserves to succeed. Get on board, crank it up and make it so. Two horns up.
  3. There are very, very few games which truly make me sit back and go “wow”. Among the slew of games that I’ve reviewed this year, there are only a couple that I really enjoyed playing, and continue to do so. Brutal Legend is one such game – even though I aced my Public Speaking and English Literature classes, words only slur together when I try to describe this game. Truth be told, I only heard about the game in the last month or so, but after spending a good amount of time with it, I was transformed from a mere gamer into a rocking, die-hard fan.