7.6

1. Feb 22, 2011
    I am having mixed feeling about this game. It seems like a great idea but in my opinion it lacks game play and gets old very fast. i would recommend this game to someone who is just looking for pure fun. This just was not a game for me.
  2. Mar 1, 2011
    ill start off with the negitive on this game. first off this game is pretty damn buggy and glitched up both online and off. in the story mode the biggest 2 ive had issues with is one the ammo . when you go and in resupply your ammo and upgrade ive had the issue in almost the entire second half of the game where all my ammo would be reset to 0 and my power shots so id have to buy them all over again . another one is when starting a new chapter my guns wouldnt fire and grey's arms and gun would be all goofy on the screen . also ive had a few times of getting stuck into the floor and having to restart my game . obvously theese things can and will most likely be patch some time this year but still playing half the game stuck in that ammo glitch sours my experiance with this game . also online the special kills are very glitched and will not register. that out of the way the rest of this game is very fun . the special kills are great and alot of fun to pull off . the wepons are pretty cool and the story is actaully pretty decent . very suprising Epic manage to tell a story decently looking at Gears of war which was a very intresting concept for a story but told extremely half assed . the game has some amazing cinematics the enviroments are nice and change up very smoothly never making me feel bored of what i was looking at . the games about 7-8 hours long which is pretty typical for FPS games . the online horde mode style game mode is ok but im already gettin bored of it after just a few days of playing it . i cant play the full online since i only rented it and you have to enter a stupid code to play it and since i wanted to rent it to test the online mode to see if it was any good before i did . i will not be buying it . its worth atleast a rental but i would not really recoment buying it till theres a price drop and its been patched and with epic that patching process will most likely be slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. Expand
  3. Feb 23, 2011
    Bulletstorm is a rather average quality title with a couple gimmicks. No co-op campaign kills the replay value, and skillshots aren
  4. Feb 22, 2011
    This game was slightly disappointing. The graphics are really nice, but the story and multiplayer didn't wow me at all. Sorry Epic Games. you guys disappointed me the hell out.
  5. Mar 25, 2011
    This game is good not great.It will give you some laughs but thats about it.The game lacks a good story and multiplayer.Single player is okay but not anything amazing here.Dispite great graphics this game never takes itself serously.Storyline is pretty much horrible.Only a few characters are likeable which means not alot.Overall game lacks good multiplayer a solid story or likeable chracters.Also tends to get really repetative. If you want to play you might as well save your money and rent it. Expand
  6. Apr 8, 2011
    Not a bad little game, fairly far from perfect, but not at all bad, or unenjoyable. The biggest problems here are: 1) The novelty of creatively killing enemies eventually wears off and reveals itself to be the clever gimmick we always suspected it was. Most people's reviews, and enjoyment of this game, will likely be directly related to how long it takes for this process to happen. 2) The humour is really poor. At times feeling as if the authors lacked a sense of one! It's as if they were so desperate to be considered funny that they succumbed to forcefully cramming the word "dick" into as many conversations as possible, and contrary to what most contemporary comedic films would have you believe, this DOES NOT neccesarily equal funny dialogue. There's quite a sophisticated craft to selling a quality dick joke... and this game has maybe (MAYBE) 1 or 2 instances where it even comes close to that level. Overall, however, I genuinely enjoyed this game for several hours... right up until the repitition tired me out. Still, enjoying 5-6 of the games 8 hours is worthy of at least a rental, if not an outright purchase. Expand
  7. Feb 22, 2011
    Mechanics, interface, weapon variety and the score challenge / kill with skill element make this a definite buy for anyone who fancies themselves as a bit tasty on FPS's. For the more casual gamer, the joy they'll take from this will also be one to remember. If there's one thing I could add to the game? I'd steal autolog direct from NFSHP. Great overhaul of the FPS genre; this new IP will run and run. Expand
  8. Feb 22, 2011
    I've been checking out BulletStorm and have been pretty pumped for its release since I saw it covered in a GameInformer back in mid-2010. What dragged me in to being interested in it so much was the unique style of the game, the many things you could do, and of course, the fact that it was by Epic Games (those who made the Gears of War and Unreal Tournament franchise, for those who don't know). Did the game meet up to its expectations from me and earn a spot as a game that was actually worth the wait? Find out by reading on in my review!

The Good:
    + Graphics: Sure this game may not offer the best in graphic design but the game is still incredible to look at, especially when viewing the scenery, which this game does quite well. Usually in first-person shooters that keep the player on track like this there is at least one time in the game where you feel as if you've been in a new area before, though you're an hour or so further in the game. The feeling of being in the same place twice ceases to exist in Bulletstorm due to the differences in structures, lighting, and even characters that are seen throughout the game.

+ Sound: Besides the controversial sweary-merries that are heard almost every other second by perfect selections of voice actors (in my opinion), there are also many more great sounds and effects to take in while playing Bulletstorm. From the metal battle background music and gruesome screams of your enemies to the sound of the weapons you use.

+ Gameplay: This is a big hitter for me, especially for the fact that this game pulls off many first timers right from the start that will remain unsaid due to spoilers. All I can say is killing with skill is a lot more fun and challenging than it sounds, and there are many new game elements included with that that make Bulletstorm stick out from other games with a much higher fun-factor. The story mode is a decent length and the online mode, though rather hard to do without using cooperation, is fun if you find the right people.

+ Difficulty: This one is a tough one to rank either good or bad for the fact that the game isn't really all that difficult, there's just a need for skill when it comes to consuming ammo for the fact that being low on ammo will be the reason you die the most in this game. Killing with Skill can be a challenge though, seeing as how there are so many ways to kill and such little time to do them thanks to 'skillshots' that can only be done in certain areas that may only be in the game once or twice and are easy to miss. + Replay Value: On par with the difficulty of this game is it's replay value, which in my opinion is quite high do to the amount of things you can do. With all the skillshots there are to see and multiplayer mode that is just screaming to be conquered by a good team, there are more than just a few 'extras' to go for when considering to visit the world of Bulletstorm once you beat it.

The Bad:
    +Sound: Though the game managed to be hilarious at times, there is such a thing as going TOO far, and Bulletstorm did that in a way to where it almost got annoying. Notice, I did say Almost, and that's for the fact that the game managed to throw in some emotional and serious parts to the game that cut back on the humor just a bit.

Other than that, Bulletstorm was definitely worth the wait and is a great game, especially for those of you who are looking for something new. If you are one of those people or you're just looking for a good game this is a buy and the game scores a 9.0/10 from me. For more of my reviews, look me up on Youtube.com. GameInformer.com, IGN.com, and Gamespot.com or just follow me on twitter /thatSTERLINkid.
  9. Feb 22, 2011
    Great and innovative over the top first person shooter. Very good visuals and a LOT of fun with killing enemies. Its just fun fun fun and more fun : )
    The multiplayer mode is good too, but not very big.
  10. Feb 23, 2011
    Clearly the best Unreal based game on the PS3. The amount of crazy action and particles and explosions is just amazing! I played the game on both PS3 and 360 and the PS3 controller is actually a bit better - a little bit more precise - so the PS3 version is my preferred platform to play the game on. Most fun game I have played in a long, long time.
  11. Feb 22, 2011
    This game breaks the boundaries in shooters area. It seemed that nothing new can come up. Well, Bulletstorm can. It is a mix of innovative ideas and the best thing of the past, which have almost been forgotten. Today again they bring us joy.
    After a day of playing I was amazed! I'm not finished yet but so far the campaign is great.
    Echo mode rocks!
  12. Feb 22, 2011
    This is the best First Person Shooter game I have ever played. Everything about it is great. The developers really put a lot of work into it...You can tell. I am so glad I bought this game. I am already in high hopes for a sequel.
  13. Feb 23, 2011
    It's hard for a fresh breeze in FPS nowadays, but Bulletstorm is definitely this kind of breeze. Astonishing graphics, interesting story and more and more absorbing climat, that's the game most important features. I prefer to spend 12h playing Bulletstorm than to play another World War game or a columbian forest adventure...
  14. Mar 20, 2011
    I purchased Bulletstorm on preorder from a gamestop, with high expectations. The previews of the game seemed like they were amazing and I was promised fast paced FPS action combined with a unique "skillshot" system to enhance my experience.

The reality of the game was far from wonderful. While the graphics were good (the environments in particular were very well done), I found myself
    simply not having much fun. The problem comes from the foundation of the game itself. Despite having wonderfully visualized environments the levels are really more like roller-coaster rides, following a narrow and singular track without any option to deviate.

Even this I could have put aside in my mind and still enjoyed the game. However, the core aspect of the game revolved around the much-touted "skillshot" system. While this sounded great on paper it quickly became tedious and boring. Killing your enemies wasn't enough, you had to kill them in new and creative ways. Sounds good, right up to the point where you look at the list of things you're required to do in order to get these skillshots. Some of them are absurdly difficult and attempting to get them is not only slow but frustrating and boring. A fast paced action shooter quickly devolves into grinding for skillshots.

Top this off with corny dialog peppered with forced, over-the-top profanity (most of which is asinine rather than funny) and zero character depth, and you've got a game that's not worth putting in the console.
  15. Apr 28, 2011
    I got this game without knowing much about it. I saw it in the store, liked its cover and decided to give it a chance. I must say I never, ever do this (I actually do a thorough research about the games I want to buy). What a surprise!! It's amazing how much fun this game is. In a way it is more of the same but I mean this in the best way possible. It's campy, intense and filled with great action, awsome gameplay and breathtaking landscapes. I don't recall stoping to play a FPS just to check the scenery. I did this with Bulletstorm thousand of times. Beautiful, beautiful game. Must have for ay fan of the genre. Expand
  16. Aug 29, 2011
    Dull, guns feel weak, extremely linear, ineffective and clunky upgrade system, poor writing and witless dialogue. I'm pretty amazed by the high praise this has received. Avoid this one.
  17. Jun 5, 2011
    Despite the multitude of jocular references to mostly male genitalia, this one glued me to the screen. The action was fast-paced, the story was OK, the gameplay was fantastic. I recently have had enough of games which have only one, maximum two ways of killing a boss, and if you don't manage to do that, again from the previous checkpoint. Bulletstorm also has checkpoints, but i never found them frustrating, mostly because it always represented the chance of getting more points. Highly recommendable. Expand
  18. Mar 20, 2011
    Well what can be said about Bullet storm except that it was a little over hyped since I did get bored with it before I even finished the game (which I didn't)I could not continue this Game because I felt like I was playing a game that focused to much on Harsh language and pointless Gore instead of game play.Now bullet storm wasn't a bad game at all I just think it could of been better.
  19. Feb 28, 2011
    One of the most fun FPS I've played since the first bioshock. I absolutely enjoyed the creativity and added RPG elements of this game something more developers should take note of when making fps-type games. I'm not a huge fan of the cheesy dialogue, mainly taking note when Grayson and Ishi are on the elevator during the 3rd chapter.. Everything else about the game is just amazing. Visuals are nice, detailed and vivid, character models maybe not so much. In conclusion bulletstorm is probably one of the more unique and notable fps games in recent times, I would definitely like to see more shooters with this much interactivity. Collapse
  20. Feb 25, 2011
    This game is a poor substitute for masculinity for nerds and a bad game. The graphics are vivid, textures deep, but don't make up for the lack of fun gunplay. Way too many cutscenes and times when you can't control your player. In the first levels you are given a machine gun to hit far away, standing targets who are under cover. Mostly it is a corridor game. There is no mystery to action objects which pop up with control graphics during battle. Enemy's without body armor take multiple shots and are very unrealistic and annoying to kill. With an automatic you should be able to run up to a group and take everyone out but you can't. They remind me of Black, but more zombie like. This game doesn't make sense, it steals from Psi-Ops again which is a better game, and the FPS gunplay mechanics aren't there. Lots of better games out there, skip this. I'm sure people will forget about this game in a month. Its been out 3 days and its not even trending on IGN anymore. Oh well. Play Black, Timesplitters, Lost Planet or regular Unreal Tournament if you want a good FPS. Expand
  21. Mar 23, 2012
    Bulletstorm is a very fun, but unessential game. It has solid game-play, with the whole kill-with-skill thing not being nearly as intrusive as one might think. The game is well crafted and has great pacing. There are also some really impressive bosses, including a giant plant boss that seems to have escaped directly out of a Metroid game! The foul-mouthed humor is bound to rub some people the wrong way, but I found it amusing enough. Yet... it isn't nearly as funny or as controversial as it thinks it is. In the end, when all distractions such as grotesque laughs or snicker inducing cusses have been dispensed with, Bulletstorm still stands tall because it has it's core game-play wired tight... And nothing takes precedence over that. Expand
  22. Feb 26, 2011
    This unique entry into the FPS genre is one you should check out the demo first... I loved the demo and eagerly waited for the game to game out. The wait was worth it and it holds plenty of action, many brutal weapons, and very interesting ways to kill off all the enemies. The story works well and the character acting and the cut scenes are very well done. There is a ton of blood,gore, and plenty of cursing,but the odd thing is the cursing brings out more of the characters mood and feelings. One more thing, the multi player I thought was pretty good, but needs more maps and gameplay modes. I like it but many wont care for the multi player since the single player is what every ones looking for. Overall get the demo and if you like it you should probably pick up the full game that I think is well worth the $60 Expand
  23. May 18, 2011
    As a mature gamer (37) I was put off this because of the dialogue and the skillshot part of it. My God what a mistake. Yes its linear, but the level designs are excellent and the skillshot is amazing. It can be switched off in the options so you dont have to have numbers all over the screen (although they dont spoil the gameplay when on). The dialogue is superbly written and has a depth and sense of humour that just do not exist in fps games of late. Its the first game I have finished (which isnt that short really) and immediately restarted. Unfortunately the PSN isnt fully functional so I cant get onto the multiplayer which I am itching to do. Its a great ride and a lot more suttle, clever and enjoyable than first meets the eye. Expand
  24. Feb 24, 2011
    this game is nowhere near a 10 or a 100. its an 8 at best. i am gtoing to give you a 100% honest review. i really really enjoy this game. it is a great game. however it his some glaring issues. this game gets old quick. the skill shots get very very repetitive, and i understand that there was only so many they could do, but i believe they could have done alot more then they did. the campaign is alot of fun but the unforgivable mistake was that thers no campaign co op. (COME ON GEARS 2 HAS IT AND BULLETSTORM DOESNT? thats BS!) the echoes mode is kind of fun but theres no co op there either. and then the actually co op mode, isnt very good. its a minor distraction, its like tacked on multiplayer (which this game doesnt have multiplayer) the levels are to small and restricting, you have to play with friends, cause random people wont help with anything. EPIC wanted to make something new and they did ok, rent this game cause its a great 10hr distraction good, fun campaign, and the rest was just ok. and while your playing this game think how great this could have been with co op campaign and multiplayer. this could have been something truly epic with multiplayer. think about it, skill shotting your friends online! blasting there junk off and kickin there heads in?!? strapping an enemy with a chain explosive and throwing him into his teamates and blowing them all up. this could have been the game that made people forget about kill to death ratios. but instead it has a cool totally enjoyable campaign that you CANT share with friends. its still an 8 though. trust me rent and dream of what it could have been. Expand
  25. Mar 26, 2011
    I bought this game expecting the worse being that the game was all hype because of the Gears 3 beta... But once i started playing the campaign i got deep into it and the multiplayer is fun as hell. Great game
  26. Mar 14, 2011
    All in all I had a lot of fun with this game. Although the campaign was short, I've grown accustomed to this lately as almost every shooter nowadays is going the Call of Duty route, I had a blast the entire time. I didn't mindlessly run from point A to point B as I do in other shooters, pulling the left trigger to aim, the right to shoot, lather, rinse, repeat ( I'm looking at you CoD, you no-skill-required shooting gallery). I found myself devilishly plotting my enemies gruesome demise, rarely looking up skill-shots in the database, I'd imagine the visions of destruction in my head, and most of the time I could make it so. There is a lot of variety in the way you kill foes, but I could see where some people would find this tiresome. Huge set-piece battles break up the tedium and are often as funny as exciting. Graphics are great but wind up looking like most other Unreal games, huge hulking wrestler types wearing insane body armor destroying anything that moves as well as most of the landscape, which looks amazing. Dialogue is humorous but can be abrasive to some audiences, most actually, there is probably more profanity in one level of this game than all the Robocop films combined. Soundtrack is a mix of cinematic fare and heavy-metal, this game was clearly intended for a male audience. On the negative side of things, there is no co-op campaign which would fit perfectly here. The story is seriously lacking, it is really just an excuse to keep the game moving forward. Echoes mode is fun, but is really just the campaign without cutscenes and you are scored on a leaderboard. Also there is no new-game + mode. It would have been nice to take your fully upgraded arsenal back through another playthrough. This isn't a perfect game but it is fun, and I think it is a good jumping-off point for a future sequel. Once fine-tuned this could be a great franchise. Expand
  27. Feb 23, 2011
    i'm only on chapter 2, so the 10 rating is based on what i've played so far. however, what i have played of the game is awesome. very intense, very fast paced, and tons of fun. skillshots are fun, and finding new ones is exciting. the graphics are very very good, quite colorful and some of the views are amazing. the massive setpieces are really cool too. i bought this and KZ3 last night, had originally planned on picking up KZ3 but decided to get this too as i saw potential in the demo. all in all, i've played this for about 3 hours and i've played KZ3 for about 20 minutes. that's not to say KZ3 is bad, it's a really sweet game in it's own right, but it seems a little stale compared to bulletstorm. if anyone is debating which to get, i say get both, play this for the campaign and play killzone 3 for the multiplayer. Expand
  28. Mar 1, 2011
    This had a pretty fun campaign, but it kinda got old, boring and rather repetitive after a while. While it still has some replay value in the campaign, the multiplayer seemed pretty pointless and boring. It does not have any of your standard deathmatch, CTF or anything like that. Those who are just looking for a fun shooter, blowing crap up and mild competitiveness may like this game
  29. Ltq
    Feb 23, 2011
    Bulletstorm has its place in FPS history. It added something fresh into the genre. It has an interesting story. After playing that game for a while I got used to the kick and slide and I bet it's going to be hard playing another fps without those key features!
  30. Feb 24, 2011
    Mixture of some Prince of Persia's (2008) level designs, prince's humor and his sliding mechanic with Gears of War's levels, strong language of Marcus Fenix and Scorpion's harpoon electrified by Cole MacGrath. What is that ? - Funny-Bloody-Bulletstorm!
  31. Feb 25, 2011
    Bulletstorm is a fresh, innovative and foremost fun experience. I enjoyed the skill shots game-play, plot with excellent dialogue as well some crazy as over the top moments like the Dino Robot part. Bulletstorm has some of the craziest weapons I've even seen in games. The game looks amazing - UE at it's best! Having finished the campaign I am currently having a lot of fun playing Echoes mode - tons of replayability! Expand
  32. Feb 24, 2011
    Pure Gaming Goodness! That is what BulletStorm is. Original and refreshing and a joy to play. BulletStorm is a Gamers Game...bottom line. If you can not find pleasure in this game yo may want to look for a new hobby. If you wish to hate on it, it is only because you are a FanNerd and a delusional one at that.
  33. Feb 26, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I pre ordered the game for PS3, and I thought it was great. I finished it, on the hard setting in twelve hours or so. I don't know how, or why anyone, could or would, possibly want do it in six.... So much killing, so little time. It's is sort of mix of Quake II meets Duke Nukem meets Uncharted. My only regret is that I should have spent more time with the leash. So I could have gotten more weapons maxed out sooner. If you like playing John Wayne, the bad guys will "eat your lunch" and (in the words of Popeye the sailor man ) you will get "muderlized" all the time. I loved their parody of C.O.D. (Duty Calls). Maybe C.O.D will add the leash next time. It was awesome, handing out leather goods to the baddies, a belt in the mouth (the leash) and a boot in the... I think you get the idea. And the sound they make when they get impaled, is off the hook. The language,isn't any worse that in the high school lunch line. So get a life will ya, let your hair down, get your panties out of a wad, and have some fun. I sure did. Expand
  34. Feb 28, 2011
    Bulletstorm is everything you want in a shooter and more. Great graphics, amazing set-pieces, and adrenaline fueled action. Instead of the standard aiming for the head like the majority of first-person shooters, the skillshot system is great for rewarding you with how inventive you can be with slaughtering the oncoming hordes. Nothing is more satisfying than seeing you setup a kill involving the deaths of 5+ enemies at once and seeing your entire screen explode with points which is used as currency for buying ammo and unlocking weapons and upgrades. I played the game on HARD which had the perfect balance of difficulty so that I could focus on killing things creatively just as equally as I had to focus on my own survival. The game has a great story, and the characters who at first may seem loud, crass and two dimensional, slowly flesh out into surprisingly deep and likable characters. Bulletstorm is a lot more intelligent than it may appear to be, and at the end when the credits started rolling I was left wanting more. Expand
  35. Feb 28, 2011
    Awesome, mind-blowing game! I was really surprised how different and fresh is this game. Don't listen to the negative review. It's a fresh breeze in FPS genre and definitely worth playing.
  36. Mar 11, 2011
    This game is simply fantastic. Really good graphics, nice sounds and music, but the most important aspect in Bullestorm is gameplay. It's incredible. Pacing is outstanding, skillshots are awesome and finally game is really fun. Must have for all FPS fans :)
  37. Mar 1, 2011
    This game is different than CoD, MoH, BF, blah blah blah. Not better, nor worse. Just different. Good graphics, good music and good gameplay - but it's hard to hit the market today without such a basis. Bulletstorm also provides a fantastic game. First of all, a solid dose of humor. This is a recently neglected in FPS games. Instead of humor we get often banal, pathetic, crudely patriotic talks. Bulletstorm distances itself. It's nice to return to the roots of FPS games. Similarly, a pleasant surprise is the ranking system of Echo, where you can compete with your friends in the race for best score for a spectacular fight on selected pieces of maps. For me it's definitely one of the best debuts of recent years. Expand
  38. Mar 2, 2011
    Finally, a fresh first person shooter that focus on being fun instead of serious. The time I spent with Bulletstorm is definitely worth it and even after the single player campaign Iâ
  39. Mar 3, 2011
    When I first started playing Bulletstorm I was a little disappointed. The first real level has you going around looking for a battery to help your friend, and the gameplay was kind of dull. And then you get the leash, and the skillshot system is introduced. At first you can only do simple skillshots, such as kicking someone into an exploding barrel, or shooting them in the neck for a "Gag Reflex". As you progress through the story you unlock more badass weapons which allow you to pull of more complex skillshots. This is wherethe real fun of bulletstorm is, gleefully discovering new, more gruesome ways to torture your foes. You could just shoot a guy, or with a little planning and strategy you could cover him in grenades, kick him into a group of his pals and detonate for a "gand bang" skillshot. Everything is thoughtfully designed to allow you to be as creative as possible with your kills. The weapons range from a standard carbine, to a 4 barrelled shotgun that shoots air rounds to blast your foes backwards, to a gun that shoots spinnings drills which can be used to skewer multiple enemies together, netting you a "shishkebab" skillshot. In short, these are some of the most creative armaments i have seen since Duke 3D. In Bulletstorm, you will find some of the best setpeices in gaming history. To name a few, your travels take you to a big city, where you use gravity boots to walk sideways down a skyscraper, looking down at traffic travveling below you. Inside a crashed starship, on top of a collapsing dam, and a miniature city, where you are as tall as the skyscrapers. Echoes mode is great for people who like to compete against their friends, or just aim for the highest score possible. It is a great, addicting mode that takes some of the best moments from the story and lets you try to acheive the highest score possible. The coop survival style multiplayer mode, Anarchy is also a lot of fun. Instead of just surviving waves of enemies, you have to reach a certain skillpoint total before you run out of enemies. It isn't ever a huge number, and is more just to get people to play using the skillshots instead of forcing you to try and get 1000 points out of every enemy. Anarchy has a leveling system where you unlock new armour, camos, and leashes as you progress. There are a couple of shortcomings to this game, such as the fairly long load times and the fairly short campaign, which clocked in at about ten hours on normal difficulty. Overall though, this game has way more ups then downs, and if you are looking for a fun, fresh, colorful, and funny game that doesnt take itself seriously, then dont even hesitate. Go buy Bulletstorm, now. Expand
  40. Mar 5, 2011
    I really enjoyed this game during the course of the single player campaign. For the most part, the majority of the 8 or so weapons are fun. The constant one-liners are good for a laugh. The skill-shot system can definitely get old after a while though. Sadly, after I finished the single player campaign, I really didn't have much use for the game. Echoes mode (where you play certain canned parts of the campaign while trying to rack up as many skill-shot points as possible in the shortest amount of time) and Anarchy mode (co-op "horde" mode where up to 4 players survive waves of enemies, where you must reach at least a certain score to proceed) are both a bit on the boring side. BOTTOM LINE: The single player campaign is a definite must-play, but, at least for me, there is not a lot of replay value to be had here. Expand
  41. Mar 25, 2011
    Yet more proof of how much of a stale cash grab FPS games are. This game reminds me of Dr. Rockso the Rock n' Roll Clown.

Bulletstorm is just another shooter trying to differentiate itself by trying to seem edgy. Instead, it ends up being corny and kind of embarrassing. The question is never about graphics. The real question is how does this game differentiate itself from other shooters?
    What features does it offer that haven't couldn't just be a clever mod for Quake 2?
    The answer: Nothing really. Story doesn't make up for putting a month of modelling effort into some new guns and terrain. This stuff is cheap to produce. It's the complex and innovative rules and game mechanics that push the envelope. Something Bulletstorm doesn't even come close to doing with it's messy hair and only-big-boys-can-act-bad (for kids) attitude.

This game isn't very good, I feel weird listening to the dialogue and the action is over the top in such a way that it's bad.
  42. May 18, 2011
    Far from Perfect but strangely while playing through the singleplayer i found i was having fun which is something i haven't experienced in an FPS in a long time far to many FPS games take them selves so seriously it almost feels like a chore- yes this game is crass and little buggy as it crashed on me several times .is it game of the year or Fps of the year No... but sometimes its fun just to play a FPS that doesn't have its head stuck up its uber serious military ass Expand
  43. Mar 17, 2011
    I haven't had this much simple pure fun playing a game in a long time. People complain about the language, but you can turn on a filter if you don't want to hear it. It didn't bother me at all. The weapons are cool, the leash and whole "kill with skill" idea is great to experiment with. "Echoes" - an arcade mode where you play for points through sections of the main campaign is lots of fun as well. It keeps me going back for more. The only complaint I have about the game is that I can't seem to get into online multiplayer - I made it in once or twice, but that was it. Expand
  44. Mar 22, 2011
    Bulletstorm came as an unexpected surprise. Actually didn't had any high hopes for the game but when I inserted the disc and started playing I couldn't stop and played through the whole solo campaign in one session. Love the game, a candidate for best game of the year!

Graphics: Wonderful!! As good as it gets on PS3!

Sound: What you expect, good surround and the sounds of your weapons
    make them feel really powerful. The only negative is some of the ambient sounds. Like the waterfalls, when you are standing only a couple of meters from them its not the roar you could expect. But the character dialog is good and dont listen to the people who complains about the dickjokes, its actually not that often and really is what you expect from hardcore military guys.

Story: Actually a really good story for a FPS and you actually want to play on just to see what happens in the next chapter in the storyline. In the end of the single-person story you just know there will definitely be a sequel to this excellent game.

Multiplayer: Had some problems finding a game so can´t really write something here.

Replay value: Ok, because you just want to play it again and try out all the kill-shots you missed the first time.

Overall: A shooter that doesn't get boring. Why? Because of the kill-moves, you really try to be as creative as possible in killing your enemies just to get more points for guns, ammo and upgrades. The solo-campaign is way too short!! Its actually the first game I have played through in one session. I hope they will release updates with new solo content.

If it wasn't for the lame ambient sounds and the short solo campaign I would have give it a solid 10 but now it gets a 9 instead.

Sorry for my bad English, its not my primary language. :)
  45. Mar 23, 2011
    After getting sick of same colour shooters I have really enjoyed the over-the-top, colourful gameplay this game has to offer, and finding all the different skillshots adds longevity to the game. Definitely worth buying
  46. Mar 29, 2011
    A great shooter with funny arcade mechanics that will appeal any score-addict out there. The lack of multiplayer mode didn't hurt it one bit, can't wait for the inevitable sequel.
  47. Mar 29, 2011
    I think Bulletstorm is absolutely amazing. It's been a long time since i had this much fun with a first person shooter. Everything looks wonderful, and runs really smoothly. Until now, for me, Bulletstorm is the best game that has been released this year. They actually do bring "The fun back in the gun" The game really has some epic moments, like in the beginning when you walk down the building with the city on the background, absolutely amazing, or the giant spinwheel, the robot dinosaur, the dam etc etc. There are two things i like to have seen in this game, 1 is, it would be perfect if it run at 60 fps, and a Quake / Unreal style death match / team death match mode with the combo system turned of, would be freak-in awesome. (Otherwise it would not be possible because of the bullet time moments.) It is indeed a bit short, but i actually think i will be playing this game a couple of times more from te beginning to the end, because its simply the most fun shooter i have played in ages, it looks fantastic and runs very smoothly. I hereby wish to thank People can Fly for this amazing experience ! Please...Keep up the good work ! You guys rock ! Expand
  48. Apr 15, 2011
    If you can get past the profanity than there is no reason you shouldn't like this game. Not your typical FPS which is somewhat of a good thing. It's not everyday you get to slide down a hill, kick an enemy only to leash him back to you to blow his head off in mid-air, purely addicting. One thing that was very disappointing to me was the inability to jump and when trying to duck for cover, yeah good luck trying to stay still. As for the graphics, their nice and the guns are okay nothing out of the ordinary when it comes to the story and character depth. Its a fun run-kick-n-gun kind of game, I did enjoy the off the wall comments and jokes throughout the game. Expand
  49. Jul 15, 2011
    Bulletstorm is creative and in the same way sometimes bland. Finding ways to kill your enemies/, something i never saw in games ever in my life, while there are times that in the battlefield there are scarce enemies it can get boring. Nothing than that, just cool.
  50. Apr 10, 2011
    ok maybe it's not the greatest game of epic, but it's funny and you will have 10 hours of entertainment, later of this, you will not play this game anymore.
  51. Apr 21, 2011
    Compared to the rather boring gameplay of the Call of Duty campaigns, Bulletstorm is a truly refreshing game. Despite my predictions, the gameplay manages to stay fresh through the entire game. Killing enemies is really fun. However, the game is really short and lacks replayability. Unless you want to delve into the multiplayer, I would recommend renting this game.
  52. Apr 22, 2011
    2000AD meets PS3. Gorgeous environments. Ludicrous violence. The Skillpoints system is a remarkably satisfying currency collection mechanic, that turns out to be incredibly compelling. Adding titles for each of the Skillshots make the whole thing reels like a drunk barfight straight out of the pages of Judge Dredd.
    The 2 big criticisms that have been levelled at this game, and sparked my
    initial reservations to purchase, were the length of the campaign and the foul language. Neither is particularly fair criticism. Yes, the script is filthy, but has it's moments, and fits quite well with the rest of the over-the-top social incorrectness. This game is a gleeful, naughty adult distraction, and a serious script and tone would seem just killjoy. As for the length of the game, this too does not take into account the design effort put into each of the 7 Chapters, and the overall attention to detail.
    The environments are rich and varied, and I think the developers aimed for a short but tight experience over a sprawling and ugly one. (I'm looking at you, Mass Effect 2). Coupled with the fact that the real satisfaction in the game-play comes from getting the most Skillpoints out of a group of enemies, the length of the game matters less than the quality of the experience.
  53. May 13, 2011
    This is afun game but make sure you have friends to go online with. This is what really makes this game shine. Just jumping into a room of randoms is hit or miss. The story itself in SP is top notch and i really enjoyed it alot..
  54. Jul 25, 2012
    I had meant to buy this game long ago when it first came out but somehow it slipped past me until today. I picked it up used for $14 bucks and holy cow! This game is fantastic!! The weapon variety even if the customization is limited. The visuals are top notch and the game plays like a dream. You can literally kill your enemies in the most unbelievable of ways as you progress and unlock new equipment and master your skill set. The dialogue is also well voiced and hysterical but not for kids. The stream of obscenity that flows from your characters mouth would make a sailor blush, which I personally think is awesome. This game should be a must play for anyone even remotely into the FPS genre, truly a masterpiece. Expand
  55. May 17, 2011
    I 'd like to start off by saying that this game has something that many games are lacking these days, FUN. It brings a genuinely new and fresh vibe to the first person shooter,It feels great to control and has great graphics and art direction,many huge vistas to behold.Bulletstorm also has great setpieces,controlling a giant mechadinosaur is a great highlight.Coming from epic games and people can fly I wouldent expect any less,great job guys Expand
  56. Sep 15, 2011
    I purchased this game last week after a friend told me of it's brilliance, when I put it into my Playstation it needed a very short 9 minute update which i was pleased with as most older games now have updates of 100 minutes and more. I started the campaign and it felt a lot like Gears of War but then all of the special shots and little extras were introduced. I find it very enjoyable and I can play it when I feel like it, some games I play I have to concentrate in order to succeed so this becomes a chore, but not this game, it's enjoyable if you just want to chiill out after a hard days work but it still has a gripping campaign. I haven't tried the online yet but the campaign has taken me roughly 6 hours so far and i'm about to start the final act of the game. I would highly recommend to all FPS fans and the graphics are truley stunning. The attnetion to detail is phenomenal. There are a few flaws such as it sometimes jams for a second or 2, but this is minor. Checkpoints are very frequent so if you die you don't have to replay 10 minutes worth of killing again! A must buy in my oppinion! Expand
  57. Oct 7, 2011
    What can I say about Bullet storm it reminds me of Duke Nukem mixed with Halo, and it works well. Giving players points for creative kills encourages experimentation, thus adding to the fun of the game. The controls are very well refined, and its easy to jump into the game and play right away without having to master them completely.

As for the graphics .... they are okay however they are
    not the best I have seen, in some areas there are blurred textures, and it also feels like an old unreal engine game, this is offset by having a consistent frame rate, and you'll likely not notice these issues unless you are looking.

The humor is fun for a while but you'll become bored of them very quickly. I do like the ammount of swearing in the game though as it adds depth to the characters.

While on the topic of the characters they are pretty well acted and their stories do make sense but the main character is only great for the first half of the game, in the last half he changes, but this isn't a bad thing, as the story makes up for it.

I highly recommend getting this game.
  58. Jan 25, 2012
    Bulletstorm: Horrible game. Gears of War clone with bad controls, no cover mechanic, crappy dialog/plot/characters/levels and linear Quick-time-events
  59. Dec 15, 2012
    When people say that all FPS games are the same, they are wrong. But essentially Bulletstorm is the quirky clone of the game we all know. Turn off the the numbers that appear on the screens when you execute a skill-shot and its just your average FPS. You know the game; run down a corridor, shoot stuff, get on a vehicle, shoot more stuff. Its just all so samey. The graphics are lovely. But aside from that its just your average FPS. Expand
  60. Jan 18, 2013
    Bulletstorm is a great game, I really enjoyed playing it. The game is packed with action, you should definitely try it out. The characters are ruthless and the story is good. The game has a great enviroment and there are so many ways of eliminating your enemies. The only thing that is dumbing down this game is the sniper because it's so tiresome to kill enemies with a tracking bullet when they repeat the same movements over and over again. It's a big shame that Bulletstorm 2 got cancelled, the story seems very unfinished. Expand
  61. Aug 7, 2012
    Oh boy here we go. Bulletstorm! Recently bought the game, for a small 20 euro's, and haven't regretted it ever since. Went straight for the 'Complete Game On Very Hard Difficulty' trophy, which gave me trauma's, but the game itself doesn't really have many negatives... I'm not making a big deal against foul language, yet this game does seems to push my limits. Especially in the jokes... Now where talking about in game speeches, the voice-acting was kind of rubbish... For an arcade/shooter game, the story is quite short, but it isn Expand
  62. Aug 18, 2012
    Fast, Brutal, Fun, Unique, Loud!
    This is a very different take on regular FPS games, your always thinking of you new and unique ways to kill your enemies and it's spectacular when pull off an awesome Kill/kill's, leaves you thinking to yourself "Goddamn I'm awesome!"..
    Great bosses, hilarious characters, This is a must have for all you FPS fans out there!
  63. Mar 20, 2013
    Literally my favorite game of this generation. Don't let the "bro" attitude fool you. This is pure satire at its best. I'm really hoping they will revisit this so we get a Bulletstorm 2 someday. Pick it up!
  64. Oct 13, 2012
    I've played the demo and it got to me. Bought and played the campaign. Man what a brainless game!! The characters are all a bunch of douche bags. The action felt good in the demo because the demo is just a small preview. It quickly becomes senseless shooting and idiotic dialogs. Bulletstorm sucks in all aspects and it's a total waste of time period.
  65. Oct 16, 2012
    This is the perfect answer to the barrage of military shooters that have been getting popular as of late. Great settings and environment, clever writing, and ingenious gameplay mechanics. The more creative the kills, the more points, thus more guns. There's only one thing that hold this game from being perfect, and thats the ending of the campaign. I wont spoil it for you, but lets just say from a plot perspective, it goes against the mood of the whole game. All in all, if your sick of COD, this is the breath of fresh air you need, just be ready for some well said curse words. Expand
  66. Nov 24, 2012
    Very enjoyable game. It's not so serious like e.g. Killzone or Call of Duty, it's also much faster and lighter. Actually, I think some people can find this game too light and too fast. But as a fan of first Killzone (climate, climate, climate!), after finishing Bulletstorm I feel satisfied. Before you play you should take under consideration, that this is not another "real-life" game, but just a game, for fun, for explosions and for hundreds of dead enemies, Expand
  67. Feb 4, 2013
    Bulletstorm was a game a heard great things about but really didn't impress me much. I think the skillshot mechanics are some of the most fun things in a shooter ever, but near the end of the game creativity starts to wane and I found myself just killing enemies normally as it worked just as well. The story and characters in my opinion are extremely unlikable, I don't mind vulgar humor as I love stuff like south park but this game took it a little too far which I disliked. Also the game prided itself as breaking out of the call of duty mold, however I felt that without the skillshots it would just be a vulgar COD in space game. The climax of the game is pretty much ripped out of a COD game and that really disappointed me. Also aside from the main story there's not much to do, the echoes mode is essentially mission select with a speedrun timer and the multiplayer servers are empty but when you find a game it's shallow fun. I guess overall the game is decent but it's certainly not a great shooter, but it will be remembered for it's unique skillshot system that I will admit was tons of fun at times. Expand
  68. Jul 24, 2013
    EN: Just pure visceral frantic ultra-violent fun with gorgeous visuals and unique gameplay, if you're looking for story depth look the other way, here you won't find any.

PT-BR: Apenas uma pura diversão visceral, frenética e ultra-violenta com visual deslumbrante e uma jogabilidade única, se você busca uma história com profundidade, procure outro game, a desse não tem nenhuma.
  69. Sep 7, 2013
    This is a pretty nice game. Colorful and entertaining. The fact that the alternate controller configuration is the same as Call of Duty's is just a plus that makes you feel inmediately familiarized with the game. The foul language is directed to a more mature audience, but that's ok. It is not something to make a fuzz about.
  70. Sep 27, 2013
    Bulletstorm is a very entertaining game, the story is crazy as hell and very funny. The gameplay is very addicting but can get repetitive, their is not that much variety in guns their are only around 5. What this game brings that is unique is a leash that you can pull enemies with and get many types of kills. The graphics are relly great, the characters are funny and Greyson is fun to play as. If you like Duke Nukem then i recomend you check this game out. Expand
  71. Feb 28, 2011

1. The biggest problem Bulletstorm has is that it's at odds with itself. It wants you to have a blast killing imaginatively, but gives you limited ammunition, uses cheap tactics and saves the best toys until way too late in the game. It wants you to revel in the wonderfully hackneyed story, but then suddenly gets all touchy feely, serious and humourless for no reason. [May 2011 p.75]
  2. May 24, 2011
    Bulletstorm is not only offering a lot of enemies to shoot. We did not expect such good character development and such an entertaining story.
  3. Mar 27, 2011
    Bulletstorm is the NFL Blitz of first-person shooters.