8.4

1. Mar 9, 2017
    Call of Duty abandons World War II and comes to the Modern War on Playstation 3, placing us in a world now threatened by international terrorism. In the campaign, we will have to fight against him on several fronts, with special operations in Russia and street skirmishes in the Middle East. Its multiplayer mode is one of the most addictive experiences of recent years, with a dizzying paceCall of Duty abandons World War II and comes to the Modern War on Playstation 3, placing us in a world now threatened by international terrorism. In the campaign, we will have to fight against him on several fronts, with special operations in Russia and street skirmishes in the Middle East. Its multiplayer mode is one of the most addictive experiences of recent years, with a dizzying pace and multitude of game modes.

2. Mar 3, 2017
    Call of duty 4 is up there with the classics, goldeneye, medal of honour, perfect dark, doom, quake, and counter strike And is still fun 10 years later, infinite warfare can sit in the corner and sob, because i would rather play the game that sparked my interest in fps games old and new than bounce around with my laser gun, blasting futuristic buzz lightyears in tiny, uninspired maps builtCall of duty 4 is up there with the classics, goldeneye, medal of honour, perfect dark, doom, quake, and counter strike And is still fun 10 years later, infinite warfare can sit in the corner and sob, because i would rather play the game that sparked my interest in fps games old and new than bounce around with my laser gun, blasting futuristic buzz lightyears in tiny, uninspired maps built for campers and trickshooters, oh, and the remaster is pretty good as well Expand
  3. Aug 16, 2016
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is a first-person shooter video game developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision.

+ Good Campaing
    + Excellent Multiplayer
  4. May 7, 2016

+ Good Campaing
    + Excellent Multiplayer
  5. Apr 12, 2016
    El shooter que dejó marcado el camino a seguir a los FPS de hoy en día. Call of Duty 4 hoy en día posee uno de los multiplayers más adictivos y divertidos de todos los FPS con un sistema sencillo de rachas, ventajas,... nos presentó un multiplayer muy satisfactorio y con una gran cantidad de modos de juego que nos sigue encantando hoy en día después de 9 años.
  6. Apr 11, 2016
    Pure greatness at it's best but there are still lag and balancing problems and the story gets a bit bare but...no spoilers here great game but the minor flaws keep it form being a 9/10 game on a percent scale i would give it a 98%
  7. Apr 9, 2016
    A game that changed gaming for the better great Graphics for 2007 great story and a brilliant multiplayer. I would say the game is good and would be a good starter Call of Duty for a kid not being as violent as the sequels. Overall Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare is good in all aspects and should be played by very one a true classic and very realistic and original. 100/100
  8. Jan 6, 2016
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare changed the spectrum of first person shooters for almost a decade. A gripping story mode, which ran almost as one of the best action films to date, was challenging and had you on side with Soap and Captain Price from the very off. It's innovations on the multiplayer half of the game is what truly put it on the map however. With great maps to play on, an awesomeCall of Duty: Modern Warfare changed the spectrum of first person shooters for almost a decade. A gripping story mode, which ran almost as one of the best action films to date, was challenging and had you on side with Soap and Captain Price from the very off. It's innovations on the multiplayer half of the game is what truly put it on the map however. With great maps to play on, an awesome range of weapons to use, and mostly balanced gameplay, this game would serve as the first real first person shooter. Expand
  9. Nov 20, 2015
    Still to this day, no other Call of Duty has come close to this one. Best story and best multiplayer. Gee, can you believe it has been 8 years already?
  10. Nov 11, 2015
    It has a perfect balance between intense gameplay and a well written story. It has its flaws but great moments make up for it that will last in our memories forever, which makes this one of the greatest first person shooters in gaming history.
  11. Oct 13, 2015
    Ok the game's graphics are kind of bad but it was released in 2007 so I didn't expect better graphics.It is the Call Of Duty with the strongest story.The characters make you feel things about them.My favorite characters are Soap and Prce which are the most bad ass videogame characters . I reccomend to anyone who is new to FPSs
  12. Sep 18, 2015
    If you had any skill in the FPS arena, this is the game that changed it all. Nothing quite as polished has been seen since, but our skills have grown and we have grown tired of the repetitive iterations. I learned to hate the cheaters, learned to maneuver the 3d landscape in first person, and for the first time understood the power of the keyboard and mouse.
  13. Jul 3, 2015
    COD4 is still the best COD made. It has the best campaign along with MW2. The multiplayer is amazing. MP is great for public matches as well as an eSports game.

(I got this game in 2009, I'm just now writing the review)
  14. Mar 24, 2015
    With the gaming world now enjoying gritty shooters and murdering sprees as opposed to games that may look kiddy but play amazingly, it's only natural that I step into the Call of Duty series. I'm starting with this one but I may go back to the old ones. I'll admit that the game exceeded my expectations with its in-depth story mode and engaging multiplayer. There's a lot to do here (whichWith the gaming world now enjoying gritty shooters and murdering sprees as opposed to games that may look kiddy but play amazingly, it's only natural that I step into the Call of Duty series. I'm starting with this one but I may go back to the old ones. I'll admit that the game exceeded my expectations with its in-depth story mode and engaging multiplayer. There's a lot to do here (which is never a complaint for me) and I do enjoy the war-like atmosphere. Nothing spectacular but it's a fine game. Expand
  15. Feb 23, 2015
    There are a lot of campaign missions on this that I remember like "All Ghillied Up" which I freaking loved. This is the first Call of Duty that really started it all.
  16. Jan 9, 2015
    This, is without a single doubt, the greatest FPS, CoD and PS3 game ever made.

Pros: The gameplay is stunning, the controls are extremely responsive and I never felt frustrated with them at any time. The Single Player campaign is, to put it bluntly, epic. The story was very interesting, the characters were memorable and there were some awesome sequences that I will remember forever.
    This, is without a single doubt, the greatest FPS, CoD and PS3 game ever made.

Pros:
    The Multiplayer, even now, is spectacular and is definitely the best half of the game. There are so many game modes to choose from and so many people to play with. This game will be 8 years old this year and it is still not old!

Cons (Very Minor):
    As the game came out in 2007, the graphics don't exactly look stunning today, the game does look dated on PS3. I am sure this is the same case with the 360 and PC versions.

Overall, this is the best game I have played on the PS3 and if you have or if you are going to get a PS3 or 360, definitely give this game a go!

10/10 (Because who cares about graphics? (Everyone))
  17. Nov 7, 2014
    Jump starting the Call of Duty phenomenon, "Modern Warfare" is one of the best modern shooters to be found, even 7 years after its release. Single player contains a very interesting plot, multiple locations and a wide array of mission variety. Packaged with a robust multiplayer that forces you to stay up past midnight with its addictive scoring system and class customization, this is oneJump starting the Call of Duty phenomenon, "Modern Warfare" is one of the best modern shooters to be found, even 7 years after its release. Single player contains a very interesting plot, multiple locations and a wide array of mission variety. Packaged with a robust multiplayer that forces you to stay up past midnight with its addictive scoring system and class customization, this is one of the most solid shooter out there.

Full the full review, check out "BathroomGamers" on YouTube :)
  18. Nov 3, 2014
    I personally put this somewhere in my top ten favorite games ever. The campaign, although it has a main villain, manages to focus just enough on the actual war going on to where it feels like a plausible story, something the sequels, and other future Call of Duty games in general, (The exception being Black Ops 2) fail to do. However, the multiplayer for this game is what gave the seriesI personally put this somewhere in my top ten favorite games ever. The campaign, although it has a main villain, manages to focus just enough on the actual war going on to where it feels like a plausible story, something the sequels, and other future Call of Duty games in general, (The exception being Black Ops 2) fail to do. However, the multiplayer for this game is what gave the series its fame. And boy, does it show. This is still one of the more fun Call of Duty multiplayers (is that even a word?) to play. Every weapon is perfectly balanced, aiming and shooting feels satisfying, and sniping is, simply put, perfect. If you are one of those people who jump on the CoD hate bandwagon, or one of those ignorant people who think all Call of Duties are crap without having played all of them, I strongly recommend you go and play this game. It may just change your opinion on the series.

The site won't allow me to rate it like this, but I give it a 9.7/10
  19. Oct 25, 2014
    This game is truly awesome. The game is made very nicely and I love it.It is very good for 2007. It has a very good story mode. But its multiplayer gaming is not so good.This is the best story mode so far after batman Arkham City and Watch dogs.
  20. Oct 12, 2014
    I like this game so much and i rated this game 9.9/10.This game is amazing to play at home.i like the graphics,campaign,challenges,multiplayer and the weapons.

i played this game on 2009 and it was so much fun to play this game.
  21. Sep 23, 2014
    Arguably the game which defined a generation. A compelling single player campaign, including one of the best FPS missions created in 'All Ghillied Up', gears you up for one of the best online experiences ever had. Tremendous maps and more about gunplay than killstreak gimmicks demonstrated why this launched Call of Duty into a world phenomenon.
  22. Sep 7, 2014
    The best of the best Modern warfare is the monument of FPS. This game contains reason for me and gamers everywhere to exist. One of the best FPS i've played in a LONG time and it's defiantly here to stay.

also:
    -good graphics
    -great campaign
    -great multiplayer
    -could use a little more dynamic features
    overal an amazing slightly old FPS 9/10
  23. Aug 23, 2014
    Quite Overrated but still a great game, COD4 manages to have a solid campaign and a revolutionary multiplayer that is so much fun to play. Near flawless game with the exception of a few multiplayer maps and perks.
  24. Jul 10, 2014
    Story:
    Story:
    Modern Warfare puts you as "Soap" from the SAS and Paul Jackson from the marines with the goal of stopping a civil war that imploded in Russia. Although the story is weak compared to today's standard, back when this game came out in 2007, its story was groundbreaking mostly due to how it was one of the first modern military shooters to come out. Because of how most of shooters that were released before COD4 were WW2 shooters, COD4 was groundbraking in story, gameplay, and multiplayer because of its modern setting. Some of the side characters are good and have some good radio-chatter, the antagonist (although cliched) has a good backstory (which also leads to one of Call of Duty's best missions ever), and both playable protagonist are mute (Perfect :D). Even though no one talks about COD4's story today, you still have to give IW props for thinking outside the box with storytelling back when this came out. 8/10

Gameplay:
    A lot of the common CoD SP cliches started here. Some include: Dumb A.I., Michael Bay set-pieces, easy-to-use guns with no recoil in them, a few stealth segments sprinkled here and there, a vehicle mission, slow-mo sections, and sniping. The 1 thing this CoD had that no other CoD has to this day are cheats. You unlock cheats by collecting intel, and this was the only time I wanted to collect cheats outside of trophies collecting (please bring them back). Just like with the story, even though these features are cliche now, back in 07 these were innovating. So give IW credit for creating these before they became cliched. 8/10

Graphics:
    Because of its 07 release, and because of how the previous CoDs looked, CoD 4's graphics were innovating back then. Even to this day, these graphics don't look bad on PC. 7/10

Sound:
    Just like in graphics, the sounds of gun shots, vehicles, radio chatter, and explosives were new back in 07, so at least appreciate that. 7/10

Multiplayer:
    This was by far the biggest change to happen in CoD4 due to how much they added. This was the 1st CoD to add create-a-class, perks, (pre-set) killstreaks, mini-map, camos, challenges, prestige mode, and attachments. Another big thing was how balanced the guns were back then (except martydom and last stand :( ). I find it hilarious how CoD4 has more balance then some of the newer CoDs. The only bad thing about the multiplayer is how it's filled with hackers, glitches, exploits, and that it's been abandoned. Good luck getting into a good match since most of the time, there will be a hacker there. It's sad to see such a classic multiplayer like this get ruined by the community. R.I.P. CoD 4 multiplayer. (07 rating: 10/10). Current Rating: 4/10

Verdict:
    Back in 2007, this CoD was ground-breaking. They added so many new features and mechanics that it's disappointing to see how far it dropped. If this were 2007, I'd recommend you buy this game ASAP, But now, just rent it. I'm still gonna give this game it's 2007 rating, but I'm not saying buy it now. The game's dead.
  25. May 3, 2014
    Visually perfect for his time and perfect controls this call of duty is one of the best.The campaign is just awesome.The bad thing about this one is the multiplayer mode.
  26. Mar 30, 2014
    The best game in the the entire "Call of Duty" franchise. It's all down hill from here. Perfect simple gameplay, solid graphics, incredible multiplayer.
  27. Mar 13, 2014
    COD 4 is a pretty good game for shooters that is. One the first big shooters to come out for PS3. The graphics this day are still decent and game plays well. I enjoyed the story and extra missions you could do as a challenge. The best part of this game hands down is the online. Great matchmaking and online maps and a great and long leveling up system that make you want to continue playing.
  28. Feb 3, 2014
    Re-play: 10 out of 10
    Value: 10 out of 10
  29. ERB
    Dec 23, 2013
    This is the BEST game on the PS3.Call Of Duty 4:Modern Warfare is a great game with It's awesome multiplayer and even the single player.This game's single player campaign is fun and enjoyable.The multiplayer is the best part in the game.You can play multiplayer activities like free for all and even team deathmatch.This game is both awesome in the single player campaign and multiplayerThis is the BEST game on the PS3.Call Of Duty 4:Modern Warfare is a great game with It's awesome multiplayer and even the single player.This game's single player campaign is fun and enjoyable.The multiplayer is the best part in the game.You can play multiplayer activities like free for all and even team deathmatch.This game is both awesome in the single player campaign and multiplayer gameplay.That is why you should buy this game.This game is awesome and it is highly recommended for you to play this game and try it out!It is fun. Expand
  30. Nov 26, 2013
    Call of Duty 4. In the old days this game was a legend, it still is, the graphics were superb, the fun was amazing, the gun choices were outstanding, the streaks were something new, and the ability to meet people would shared the same interests as you did at that time made the game pretty fun. That was then, now we got, hacking lobbies, some sort of zombies mode type deal, and pretty muchCall of Duty 4. In the old days this game was a legend, it still is, the graphics were superb, the fun was amazing, the gun choices were outstanding, the streaks were something new, and the ability to meet people would shared the same interests as you did at that time made the game pretty fun. That was then, now we got, hacking lobbies, some sort of zombies mode type deal, and pretty much the updated era of gaming has taken over this game in its entirety. Oh wait I never mentioned cage match boosting earlier when I was talking about why this game was great, add that to the list. I gave this game a solid 8, because there was no 8.5, because it just is, really its not perfect nowadays and it wasn't at the time but no game really, IS TRULY perfect. Another reason why is because of delayed hit markers, no host migration, and the ability to be struck down by any with a hacking mod, if you were to go play the game right now. The maps could have been bigger, and just conclusively the mics could have worked way better. I mean the mic system in COD4 had extreme lag and sometimes you couldn't even get out what you wanted to say without giving the mic a good blow to initiate the symbol on the screen( this could have just been me ,I don't know). Anyway, yeah great game, some really good stuff and some really okay stuff, but overall its safe to say this game was the best thing I have put in my disc drive around 2007, it changed my gaming experience forever. Expand

Though the single-player lacks length, the multiplayer should keep you invested in COD4 for the long winter. This is a truly fantastic multiplayer offering that's as deep as any other online game available.
    One of the best military shooters to date, with enough realism to make you feel like you're right on the battlefield. The visuals look amazingly life-like, unmatched by other PlayStation 3 efforts. The gameplay feels familiar, and at the same time refreshing and exciting.
    With proven mechanics, brilliant visuals and sound, a satisfying campaign, and robust multiplayer, COD4 is one of the best FPS packages of the year -- no small feat, considering the competition.