8.4

1. SidM.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Me and my friends play the online part all the time, this game is awesome. You can shoot through walls (realistically of course) and everything. I haven't really been able to find any flaws except the servers suck, it kicks you offline a lot but im not sure if thats not just because I have a German internet connection. Either way it is a must buy game, I'm actually in the Army Me and my friends play the online part all the time, this game is awesome. You can shoot through walls (realistically of course) and everything. I haven't really been able to find any flaws except the servers suck, it kicks you offline a lot but im not sure if thats not just because I have a German internet connection. Either way it is a must buy game, I'm actually in the Army and the weapons like the M16 A-4 and the AK are very realistic. I would recommend to everyone. Expand
  2. kevinm
    Jan 1, 2010
    campaign kicks ass but i can sit for hours and not play a game online your server sucks it never lets me play more then a few minutes and get kicked to the main menu . It pisses me off i spend 60 bucks to just wait and wait to get connected i like the game but it laggs alot online
  3. JonathanC.
    Nov 5, 2007
    OMG Perfect game! Campaign is very intense. Gameplay is tight and responsive. Graphics set a new high to me. Multiplayer is incredible! Lots of gameplay options, PERKS! Overall this is a perfect game! Great amount of detail and options.
  4. AdrienV.
    Jan 10, 2008
    Have not seen a much better shooter. The online is incredible! And normaly i dont give a pickle about multiplayer. Singleplayer is also pretty cool. And we get free online, a good sharp port, and good looking box! Get this if you like realistic shooters, good AI, or British people.
  5. h0m0sapi3n
    Mar 10, 2008
    absolutely.bloody.brilliant. Finest outing in the Call of Duty series with a compelling campaign (a touch short, but I'm revisiting it again and again) and a visceral feel that sets a good benchmark for future games in the series - Infinity Ward need to be the custodians of the franchise.
  6. Darius
    Jul 5, 2009
    Anonymous is just an idiot, I don't care about his opinion, the issues he points out like shoot through walls, there is a perk called deep impact that allows you to shoot through a wall, which is entirely possible, you will always get glitches in a game, but to make out that there is a lot is just over exaggerating. I personally don't believe you can throw a grenade to far, in Anonymous is just an idiot, I don't care about his opinion, the issues he points out like shoot through walls, there is a perk called deep impact that allows you to shoot through a wall, which is entirely possible, you will always get glitches in a game, but to make out that there is a lot is just over exaggerating. I personally don't believe you can throw a grenade to far, in its scale I believe its possible in a realistic sense, the grenades don't home in on people, so this guy is obviously a noob and is to predictable hence why he probably dies a lot from random grenades, No campaign co op, I don't think it would have been as good as a single player experience if it was two players, I'm sure they would have to change a lot of things and it wouldn't give off the same atmosphere. Achievements fine there fun to some people, but that doesn't make the game play bad, however I do agree it would be cool, it would be cool to customize you're character but again not needed, there servers boot you or you're party in to a random game against opponents, slightly decreasing the gap you can mess with your stats. I think the single player was good, it was short but enthralling, at points it does keep the enemys coming, but I never felt in anyway they overdone it. It is a FPS after all. Multi player is addictive and fun and I tell you right now, despite what this guy claims, there still tonnes of people playing it, its one of the most played games on Xbox/PS3/PC. A thing to note is COD4 is made by Infinity ward, where as COD5 is made by Treyarch, COD6 (Now just called Modern Warfare 2) is being made by infinity ward again, this is because it takes them two years to make the game and they release it simultaneously,so that there is a call of duty each year. Also COD1 + COD2 is made by Infinity Ward and COD3 by Treyarch, I believe this is important for the review so people who have only played 5 know that the game is developed by a different team so they don't misjudge the game if they didn't rate it. Expand
  7. KevinC.
    Jul 6, 2009
    Call of duty modern warfare is the best online game on the ps3.it also has a fun story mode.unlocking weapons to make classes with is great and the maps are incredible fun!its the only online ps3 game i played that allows cage matches which are very stealthy and has such a variety of brilliant guns.nothing quite gives you a thrill like getting a ten kill streak online in call of duty Call of duty modern warfare is the best online game on the ps3.it also has a fun story mode.unlocking weapons to make classes with is great and the maps are incredible fun!its the only online ps3 game i played that allows cage matches which are very stealthy and has such a variety of brilliant guns.nothing quite gives you a thrill like getting a ten kill streak online in call of duty 4.call of duty 5 is good but the older call of duty 4 is still best!.....oh yeah by the way street fighters 4 got the same score as call of duty 4 which i think is ridiculous!THANKS FOR READING!!!!! Expand
  8. StephanRdgh
    Nov 10, 2007
    Great game. so realistic and fun. IT AMAZING!
  9. JanN.
    Nov 18, 2007
    I simply cant find anything negative about this game, except that the single player is a bit short, but the quality of the online and singleplayer is MASSIVE... One of the best games I have tried so far on the PS3, even beats my expectations! And that says alot... From stealthing with snipers, blasting away enemies with thermal vison from helicpoters, to boost your way throug some arab I simply cant find anything negative about this game, except that the single player is a bit short, but the quality of the online and singleplayer is MASSIVE... One of the best games I have tried so far on the PS3, even beats my expectations! And that says alot... From stealthing with snipers, blasting away enemies with thermal vison from helicpoters, to boost your way throug some arab shit ass tv station ;D ! lol, this isnt just great it is fun! Expand
  10. ChrisL.
    Nov 26, 2007
    Easily the best game on PS3. amazing story with constant twists and action. great online multiplayer and not a slowdown in sight. simply outstanding. if you don't own it buy it.
  11. MikeH.
    Dec 10, 2007
    WOW. Cod4 really is a masterpiece in gaming. The single player is intense as anything and the replay value will have you keep coming back for more. The single player is about 4-5 hours, and i like short games, and this game reallly was short. Honestly if you dont have online id say rent this game, the only is Outstadningly amazing! Its soo addictive, and its also rather deep with the perk WOW. Cod4 really is a masterpiece in gaming. The single player is intense as anything and the replay value will have you keep coming back for more. The single player is about 4-5 hours, and i like short games, and this game reallly was short. Honestly if you dont have online id say rent this game, the only is Outstadningly amazing! Its soo addictive, and its also rather deep with the perk system. Graphically the games a stunner. I have hd 1080i and am in awe everytime i play!! Expand
  12. RichardG.
    Oct 23, 2007
    Best game ever i played! It was fabulous!
  13. PaulG.
    Oct 23, 2007
    Terrific ps3 game! Nothing bad to say about it!
  14. PabloS.
    Oct 24, 2007
    I loved it more than any other game! So much action and war... amazing visuals!
  15. ramepage87gk
    Dec 5, 2007
    the most amazing game iv ever play i thought RFOM was great but this game is even better to the gameplay to the action to the shotting it overwelms any other game made and not to menchion the ghraphics are amazing this is an intant claasic to add to ps3 geatest hits it just does not get old this is a must have if you dont have it buy it its well worth your sevnty bucks.!!!!!!!!
  16. AndyR.
    Jan 2, 2008
    Awesome game for single player, and even sweeter with your buddies online. This game is a "must" for Fps fans!
  17. SpartanC.
    Feb 14, 2008
    This Game is awesome! The single player is brilliant to play through and the most realisitic and compelling shooter I've played in ages. The Multiplayer is 2nd to none.
  18. TomB.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Seriously the best game to date....until Killzone 2 and MGS4 that is!
  19. Andrew
    Feb 5, 2008
    Probably the best game I've played.... or maybe ever will play (hope not though).
  20. MatthewW.
    Feb 8, 2008
    The best game I've ever played! I heard people say that you die to quick on COD4 and not on Halo 3. Well, I hate to tell you Halo fans, but in real life war, you don't have this protective shield to soak up some of the shots. You really do die with just a few bullets. That's what makes COD4 so GREAT! It's very realistic. It takes more strategy to stay alive instead of The best game I've ever played! I heard people say that you die to quick on COD4 and not on Halo 3. Well, I hate to tell you Halo fans, but in real life war, you don't have this protective shield to soak up some of the shots. You really do die with just a few bullets. That's what makes COD4 so GREAT! It's very realistic. It takes more strategy to stay alive instead of a protective shield. Multiplayer is just outstanding, also I just wish they made mod tools and patches for the console versions instead of just the PC version. I also wish that you had bigger arena's with more player capacities. Other than that, this game has the best graphics of any other FPS EVER!!! It's just plain genius. Expand
  21. LukeR.
    Apr 28, 2008
    Love this game! Great Hollywood style single player with addictive multiplayer that keeps bringing you back night after night week after week month after month.
  22. JamesK.
    Apr 9, 2008
    Awesome online gaming cant stop playing if I ever get bored of that I could actually spend time playing the offline game.
  23. RyanK.
    Jul 7, 2008
    This is a very good game online and offline the offline mode was exciting and if you played it you cannot tell me different. Online mode is very fun it takes a little bit to figure out the maps but once u get into the game you become addicted...anyone who voted less than a 10 can just go and play heroin hero haha.
  24. stuart
    Aug 10, 2008
    Best fps of the generation. Single player missions are well balanced and keep things fresh. The online multiplayer is where cod really earns its kudos though.
  25. BenD.
    Aug 20, 2008
    dis is by far the best game online, i luv it i currently hav completed the game, and i am online mode, it is the best game of the centuary
  26. cesco
    Oct 16, 2009
    COD 4 is one of the best games i have ever played. Anonymous is an idiot. I still play it whenever i get a chance to, and its still as addicting now as it was when i got it 2 years ago. i highly recommend getting this game - you wont be disappointed.. unless you're a n00b like Anonymous.
  27. JonH
    Apr 12, 2009
    This game is great and your an idiot if you like fps and choose not to buy it. It has a storyline that is fun both the first and second time and online play just makes it even better. None of the guns feel overpowered or unrealistic and there are many to choose from. You will love this game from start to finish.
  28. YurMum
    Jun 2, 2009
    This is, so far, one of the best game I have EVER played. This game has everything, humour, action, suspence, and sadness. (at the end) The multiplayer is so fun and I often find myself playing hours at a time. This game has everything I wanted and more. I HIGHLY recomend this game to anyone.
  29. AlexC
    Jul 21, 2009
    I don't know who anonymous is (obviously), but he's way out of line. 3 out of 10 for one of the best FPS games ever made? Wow.... the only thing I agree about is the respawning, but deal with it. It's a small price to pay for an amazing game.
  30. JohnG.
    Nov 12, 2007
    I played both Ps3 and 360. Ps3 is much better. No kids swearing and making racists comments on the mics. Th eone good thing about ps3s cost is it keeps away the trash to an extent. Graphics and lighting are superior on Ps3. 360s controls are a lot looser and rumble affects your aim to such an extent that it makes multiplayer difficult.

Though the single-player lacks length, the multiplayer should keep you invested in COD4 for the long winter. This is a truly fantastic multiplayer offering that's as deep as any other online game available.
    One of the best military shooters to date, with enough realism to make you feel like you're right on the battlefield. The visuals look amazingly life-like, unmatched by other PlayStation 3 efforts. The gameplay feels familiar, and at the same time refreshing and exciting.
    With proven mechanics, brilliant visuals and sound, a satisfying campaign, and robust multiplayer, COD4 is one of the best FPS packages of the year -- no small feat, considering the competition.