8.4

1. Dec 15, 2011
    Pure greatness at it's best but there are still lag and balancing problems and the story gets a bit bare but...no spoilers here great game but the minor flaws keep it form being a 9/10 game on a percent scale i would give it a 98%
  2. DeonM.
    Jun 25, 2008
    The best First Person shooter ever- if you haven't played this game -get it and play it now- best physics, best graphics, realistic and just downright fun. Best enjoyed with a big ass screen and a few friends in multiplayer, cant wait for the sequel.....
  3. Nov 14, 2011
    Out of all of the Modern shooters, Call of Duty 4 still stands as the strongest and most innovative of the bunch. The gameplay is streamlined, approachable, yet takes skill and patience to master. The storyline at the time of its release was great. There's not much to complain about this game except for the glitchers who have taken over in the last year.
  4. Dec 17, 2011
    This and cod2 are the best cods i played.This game is overall amazing. Campiagn was pretty good and the mulitplayer was great. the only thing i hate about online is that i sometimes keep lagging. still it is a good game.
  5. Nov 14, 2011
    Man, when this game came out I was in shock how good it was! I loved everything about it! Multiplayer was new and refreshing! Single player was great. One of the best shooters ever if you ask me. I owned it on all three platforms!
  6. Aug 9, 2012
    This is the game were you feel yourself like a soldier and it involves you with it. I bought it and end it just after 3 days because one can go out after end...... one after another and then next .... Very good game.
  7. Mar 27, 2013
    I'm changing my score my score from a 7 to a 9, now i've played this game for awhile and i decided it a great game. even tried the multiplayer. so heres my new review.

Call of duty 4 i think is maybe slightly overated it should get just a 90, thats good enough to me. the thing i don't like is that the PS3 version has no vibration not sure why, but it doesn't. The campaign is mostly good some parts might just keep you hooked, while some parts are a bit dull. The multiplayer is fun. it's not better than the multiplayer we see in call of duty games today, but the new multiplayer can get tiring sometimes, and you might be tempted to come play this classic again.
  8. Dec 28, 2012
    Call of Duty 4 is an epic adventure. The campaign is filled with action and a very memorable story. There was so much variety with each mission. The multiplayer was without a doubt the best online experience I have ever had. It was so simple just shoot people with guns and get killstreaks. But the simplistic style of Cod 4's multiplayer is where it shines. Call of Duty is getting moreCall of Duty 4 is an epic adventure. The campaign is filled with action and a very memorable story. There was so much variety with each mission. The multiplayer was without a doubt the best online experience I have ever had. It was so simple just shoot people with guns and get killstreaks. But the simplistic style of Cod 4's multiplayer is where it shines. Call of Duty is getting more worse when each game gets released. I hope one day Call of Duty goes back to this style of a game. 9/10. Expand
  9. May 31, 2013
    This was the first time Iv'e a CoD game that isn't still in the WWII era and it's a great one so far! The graphics are superb, single-player story is good, and the MP is just flawless! This is the best CoD game ever created in years!
  10. Jan 21, 2011
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is quite a good game, it is a single player campaign but you can go online and join games with other people and play against them. The player goes through a lot of missions and there is quite a lot of killing involved in the game. You can unlock more levels but as you play your way through the game is gets harder and harder, also that you can unlock moreCall of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is quite a good game, it is a single player campaign but you can go online and join games with other people and play against them. The player goes through a lot of missions and there is quite a lot of killing involved in the game. You can unlock more levels but as you play your way through the game is gets harder and harder, also that you can unlock more weapons e.g. AK47, Rocket launcher, Sniper and many more. All the weapons have different types of use, for instant you can get the Rocket launcher in different types, heat seeker, target mover and a lot more. This game is quite addictive because the more you play the more you want to carry on, I think that this Modern Warfare 4 is better than all the other games, because one minuite your in a killing zone were your just about to loose your life and the next your in a battle field shooting somebody else. When you play on multiplayer you get a wide variety of weapons to choose from but if your playing on your own in campaign then you have to unlock the weapons one by one but its well worth the wait because then its fun killing your enemies. Overall I think that this game is good and most of the people that play this game will rate it ten out of ten. It will keep you busy for a long time! Expand
  11. kevinm
    Jan 1, 2010
    campaign kicks ass but i can sit for hours and not play a game online your server sucks it never lets me play more then a few minutes and get kicked to the main menu . It pisses me off i spend 60 bucks to just wait and wait to get connected i like the game but it laggs alot online
  12. MW3
    Jan 18, 2012
    This is one of the best games ever
    !!!!! Dont even bother to read the bad reviews because they're probably some battlefield fans .i just got this game like 4 days ago and i love the campaign so far
  13. YurMum
    Jun 2, 2009
    This is, so far, one of the best game I have EVER played. This game has everything, humour, action, suspence, and sadness. (at the end) The multiplayer is so fun and I often find myself playing hours at a time. This game has everything I wanted and more. I HIGHLY recomend this game to anyone.
  14. RandalT.
    Oct 23, 2007
    Better than 360 version! Get this now.... so much joy in one single game! Much more fun than Halo, and I think resistance too. It has better graphics than anything I've ever seen. Buy this for PS3!
  15. ErnyF.
    Oct 23, 2007
    I love it. Good gameplay!
  16. Dec 12, 2010
    the last good COD game. the story mode is really fun but way to short easily beatin in 5 hours unless you are playing on vetren . i decent selection of wepons . some fun side missions where you get to man a turret in a plane. a decent story that kept me midely intrested . the online is the big piece of this game all be it its still your basic run and gun like a chicken with your head cutthe last good COD game. the story mode is really fun but way to short easily beatin in 5 hours unless you are playing on vetren . i decent selection of wepons . some fun side missions where you get to man a turret in a plane. a decent story that kept me midely intrested . the online is the big piece of this game all be it its still your basic run and gun like a chicken with your head cut off with no team work ever being used . the use of a mic is piontless unless you wana hear 13 year old morons shouting all kinds of racists and moronic things . still its one of the best set ups for this typ of game . id like to have seen more of a team base incentive put into this game and co-op would have been great but its still a fun game that keptt me intrested in the online for atleast 2 months before i got bored with it Expand
  17. Jan 7, 2012
    This is simply the cod game that revolutionised the series taking it from WWII to modern times. The multiplayer is fantastic and so is the campaign if the was any flaw, it woud be the lag.
  18. Oct 28, 2010
    This game was brilliant and it was very addictive. The story was really enjoyable and well thought out and the multi player was unreal and it was probably the game i played the most during 2007-2008
  19. SidM.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Me and my friends play the online part all the time, this game is awesome. You can shoot through walls (realistically of course) and everything. I haven't really been able to find any flaws except the servers suck, it kicks you offline a lot but im not sure if thats not just because I have a German internet connection. Either way it is a must buy game, I'm actually in the Army Me and my friends play the online part all the time, this game is awesome. You can shoot through walls (realistically of course) and everything. I haven't really been able to find any flaws except the servers suck, it kicks you offline a lot but im not sure if thats not just because I have a German internet connection. Either way it is a must buy game, I'm actually in the Army and the weapons like the M16 A-4 and the AK are very realistic. I would recommend to everyone. Collapse
  20. JonathanC.
    Nov 5, 2007
    OMG Perfect game! Campaign is very intense. Gameplay is tight and responsive. Graphics set a new high to me. Multiplayer is incredible! Lots of gameplay options, PERKS! Overall this is a perfect game! Great amount of detail and options.
  21. AdrienV.
    Jan 10, 2008
    Have not seen a much better shooter. The online is incredible! And normaly i dont give a pickle about multiplayer. Singleplayer is also pretty cool. And we get free online, a good sharp port, and good looking box! Get this if you like realistic shooters, good AI, or British people.
  22. h0m0sapi3n
    Mar 10, 2008
    absolutely.bloody.brilliant. Finest outing in the Call of Duty series with a compelling campaign (a touch short, but I'm revisiting it again and again) and a visceral feel that sets a good benchmark for future games in the series - Infinity Ward need to be the custodians of the franchise.
  23. Darius
    Jul 5, 2009
    Anonymous is just an idiot, I don't care about his opinion, the issues he points out like shoot through walls, there is a perk called deep impact that allows you to shoot through a wall, which is entirely possible, you will always get glitches in a game, but to make out that there is a lot is just over exaggerating. I personally don't believe you can throw a grenade to far, in Anonymous is just an idiot, I don't care about his opinion, the issues he points out like shoot through walls, there is a perk called deep impact that allows you to shoot through a wall, which is entirely possible, you will always get glitches in a game, but to make out that there is a lot is just over exaggerating. I personally don't believe you can throw a grenade to far, in its scale I believe its possible in a realistic sense, the grenades don't home in on people, so this guy is obviously a noob and is to predictable hence why he probably dies a lot from random grenades, No campaign co op, I don't think it would have been as good as a single player experience if it was two players, I'm sure they would have to change a lot of things and it wouldn't give off the same atmosphere. Achievements fine there fun to some people, but that doesn't make the game play bad, however I do agree it would be cool, it would be cool to customize you're character but again not needed, there servers boot you or you're party in to a random game against opponents, slightly decreasing the gap you can mess with your stats. I think the single player was good, it was short but enthralling, at points it does keep the enemys coming, but I never felt in anyway they overdone it. It is a FPS after all. Multi player is addictive and fun and I tell you right now, despite what this guy claims, there still tonnes of people playing it, its one of the most played games on Xbox/PS3/PC. A thing to note is COD4 is made by Infinity ward, where as COD5 is made by Treyarch, COD6 (Now just called Modern Warfare 2) is being made by infinity ward again, this is because it takes them two years to make the game and they release it simultaneously,so that there is a call of duty each year. Also COD1 + COD2 is made by Infinity Ward and COD3 by Treyarch, I believe this is important for the review so people who have only played 5 know that the game is developed by a different team so they don't misjudge the game if they didn't rate it. Expand
  24. KevinC.
    Jul 6, 2009
    Call of duty modern warfare is the best online game on the ps3.it also has a fun story mode.unlocking weapons to make classes with is great and the maps are incredible fun!its the only online ps3 game i played that allows cage matches which are very stealthy and has such a variety of brilliant guns.nothing quite gives you a thrill like getting a ten kill streak online in call of duty Call of duty modern warfare is the best online game on the ps3.it also has a fun story mode.unlocking weapons to make classes with is great and the maps are incredible fun!its the only online ps3 game i played that allows cage matches which are very stealthy and has such a variety of brilliant guns.nothing quite gives you a thrill like getting a ten kill streak online in call of duty 4.call of duty 5 is good but the older call of duty 4 is still best!.....oh yeah by the way street fighters 4 got the same score as call of duty 4 which i think is ridiculous!THANKS FOR READING!!!!! Expand
  25. StephanRdgh
    Nov 10, 2007
    Great game. so realistic and fun. IT AMAZING!
  26. JanN.
    Nov 18, 2007
    I simply cant find anything negative about this game, except that the single player is a bit short, but the quality of the online and singleplayer is MASSIVE... One of the best games I have tried so far on the PS3, even beats my expectations! And that says alot... From stealthing with snipers, blasting away enemies with thermal vison from helicpoters, to boost your way throug some arab I simply cant find anything negative about this game, except that the single player is a bit short, but the quality of the online and singleplayer is MASSIVE... One of the best games I have tried so far on the PS3, even beats my expectations! And that says alot... From stealthing with snipers, blasting away enemies with thermal vison from helicpoters, to boost your way throug some arab shit ass tv station ;D ! lol, this isnt just great it is fun! Expand
  27. ChrisL.
    Nov 26, 2007
    Easily the best game on PS3. amazing story with constant twists and action. great online multiplayer and not a slowdown in sight. simply outstanding. if you don't own it buy it.
  28. MikeH.
    Dec 10, 2007
    WOW. Cod4 really is a masterpiece in gaming. The single player is intense as anything and the replay value will have you keep coming back for more. The single player is about 4-5 hours, and i like short games, and this game reallly was short. Honestly if you dont have online id say rent this game, the only is Outstadningly amazing! Its soo addictive, and its also rather deep with the perk WOW. Cod4 really is a masterpiece in gaming. The single player is intense as anything and the replay value will have you keep coming back for more. The single player is about 4-5 hours, and i like short games, and this game reallly was short. Honestly if you dont have online id say rent this game, the only is Outstadningly amazing! Its soo addictive, and its also rather deep with the perk system. Graphically the games a stunner. I have hd 1080i and am in awe everytime i play!! Expand
  29. RichardG.
    Oct 23, 2007
    Best game ever i played! It was fabulous!
  30. PaulG.
    Oct 23, 2007
    Terrific ps3 game! Nothing bad to say about it!

Though the single-player lacks length, the multiplayer should keep you invested in COD4 for the long winter. This is a truly fantastic multiplayer offering that's as deep as any other online game available.
    One of the best military shooters to date, with enough realism to make you feel like you're right on the battlefield. The visuals look amazingly life-like, unmatched by other PlayStation 3 efforts. The gameplay feels familiar, and at the same time refreshing and exciting.
    With proven mechanics, brilliant visuals and sound, a satisfying campaign, and robust multiplayer, COD4 is one of the best FPS packages of the year -- no small feat, considering the competition.