Call of Duty: Black Ops II PlayStation 3

5.3

1. Jan 31, 2013
    I was looking forward to Black Ops II because of the single player campaign. The new story choices, sci-fi overtones and the new tactical RTS elements looked intriguing. Unfortunately, the campaign turned out to be lackluster. Sure, there was the odd occasional mission that was special (such as the one where you body glide off a cliff) but it was mostly just linear shooting galleries. ItI was looking forward to Black Ops II because of the single player campaign. The new story choices, sci-fi overtones and the new tactical RTS elements looked intriguing. Unfortunately, the campaign turned out to be lackluster. Sure, there was the odd occasional mission that was special (such as the one where you body glide off a cliff) but it was mostly just linear shooting galleries. It was a far cry from the fun of Modern Warfare 2's highpoint. The new RTS missions are also laughably simplistic. They just don't seem to work very well. The multiplayer is solid but unspectacular. The best part of the suite is the fact that you're rarely overwhelmed by scorestreak attacks. There's nothing more frustrating than being relentlessly hounded by helicopters for the duration of an entire match! Sadly, the maps are too small and boxed in. This negates any real strategy and results in a reflex heavy twitch-shooter where players dart about like they're competing in a marathon. Basically speaking, Call of Duty: Black Ops II has sank from promising to disappointing. Expand
  2. Aug 16, 2016
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is a first-person shooter video game, developed by Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games, with development assistance from Raven Software, and published by Activision.

+ Good Campaign
    + Good Mutiplayer
  3. Mar 25, 2013
    It's not bad but the Over-popular and overrated Black oops 2 doesn't give the entertainment awesome video games need. Fans(or should I say lunatics) will not be pleased.
  4. Apr 14, 2013
    After playing this game for a few months, I can say it is honestly impossible to not rage at this game with all the lag and BS that goes on. Pistols are OP'd, snipers run around quickscopin. I could write a 2 page essay about the flaws of this game's multiplayer. However I still don't believe it deserves a 4, its probably still better than 90% of fps out there
  5. May 14, 2016
    Call of Duty: Black Ops II is a first-person shooter video game, developed by Treyarch and published by Activision.

+ Good Campaign
    + Good Multiplayer
    + Zombie Mode
  6. Nov 18, 2012
    Due to the fact that the online multiplayer is incredibly broken and very hard to tolerate as of this moment. I will skip reviewing that and focus on the single player campaign. For the most part the campaign is EXTREMELY easy. There is barely any challenge even to playing BO2 on veteran I think it took me around 4-5 hours to complete and only had to continue a handful of times... IT ISDue to the fact that the online multiplayer is incredibly broken and very hard to tolerate as of this moment. I will skip reviewing that and focus on the single player campaign. For the most part the campaign is EXTREMELY easy. There is barely any challenge even to playing BO2 on veteran I think it took me around 4-5 hours to complete and only had to continue a handful of times... IT IS 100% casual friendly unfortunately. It is full of scripted scenes and what not but the game does provide an interesting way of going about the missions. You have multiple choices for different outcomes within the game so there is actually a reason now to replay the campaign. Choosing an option may trigger a different scripted scene in the game and change the way some parts can be played. Prior to this call of duty I think the only game that had any form of choice would be World at War with either Sgt. Roebuck or that other dude dying (can't remember his name!). Aside from all this I believe Treyarch's call of duty's keep getting better while Infinity Ward's keep getting more and more dumbed down to the point where they are just boring. Call of Duty 4 was their peak - they're done give it up. This is a far superior installment to Modern Warfare 3 - aside from the freezing and multiple bugs I would say it is one of the more fun FPS I've played. I enjoyed the campaign and enjoyed the futuristic guns and different style of weapons. This is not a complete rip off of Ghost Recon FS or Halo, it does do it's own things and it is it's own game and that should be praised. I would score it higher but due to the bugs and, god I don't know how this happens, but LAG? In single player? I cannot just bring myself to give it an 8 9 or 10. It's good, it's playable, it's enjoyable but it has it's share of problems. I can finally put away Boringfield 3 and enjoy a decent call of duty after the issues are hopefully fixed with this game. On a side note: I'm glad Treyarch only made a few tweaks to their old formula - it would be a shame to see Call of Duty go down the Socom route and die when there are barely any other shooters these days that are as enjoyable as a Call of Duty. Expand
  7. Nov 6, 2013
    I like the near-futuristic approach to Call of Duty. The weapons are fun to use, and are slightly more varied than in previous installments. The muliplayer is exactly the same, otherwise. Same game modes, and pretty well the same maps. Spawns are slightly less bad than in previous games, and the maps remain small. The singleplayer is decent, with specific actions that result in differentI like the near-futuristic approach to Call of Duty. The weapons are fun to use, and are slightly more varied than in previous installments. The muliplayer is exactly the same, otherwise. Same game modes, and pretty well the same maps. Spawns are slightly less bad than in previous games, and the maps remain small. The singleplayer is decent, with specific actions that result in different endings adding a minor difference to the Call of Duty formula. Zombies is back and is as boring as ever. The formula is getting extremely stale at this point. Since there are no other decent multiplayer games coming out for a while, guess were stuck with this one. Expand
  8. Dec 15, 2012
    Singleplayer was pretty good interesting ending choice but still good. The multiple endings leaved much to be desired but it still worked. While somehow I believe most players hated the mode where you change between individual units, I actually found it a refreshing change. The slight changes to multiplayer were good too. IMO there is no way this game could score less than a 6/10 but thereSingleplayer was pretty good interesting ending choice but still good. The multiple endings leaved much to be desired but it still worked. While somehow I believe most players hated the mode where you change between individual units, I actually found it a refreshing change. The slight changes to multiplayer were good too. IMO there is no way this game could score less than a 6/10 but there are always going to be haters and as they say haters gonna hate. Voice acting and cinematics A+ as you would expect from this title. Expand
  9. Jul 7, 2013
    I have to give it to Treyarch, they seem to make the more bearable versions of this highly iterative franchise. This year Black Ops II admittedly has a better campaign than its predecessors. The choice element is a little fresh but isn't implemented all that well, but the missions were fun enough to keep me advancing, even if I did end up tiring of the story. The multiplayer is as slick asI have to give it to Treyarch, they seem to make the more bearable versions of this highly iterative franchise. This year Black Ops II admittedly has a better campaign than its predecessors. The choice element is a little fresh but isn't implemented all that well, but the missions were fun enough to keep me advancing, even if I did end up tiring of the story. The multiplayer is as slick as ever, but it really doesn't add all that much. Zombies is perhaps innovated most in this title, but it still feels a little weary with age. Its a good game, but Activision should really pack their bags now and leave on this one, because even though this game is decent, it is not going to save this franchise from an inevitable end. Expand
  10. Jul 1, 2016
    Bom jogo,retrata relativamente de forma real a realidade de uma guerra,bons gráficos,honra a boa tradição de COD...esperamos sempre mais de um jogo com esse tipo de investimento,mas no geral é um bom jogo.
  11. Apr 5, 2014
    Story: 7 out of 10 Graphics: 8 out of 10 Gameplay: 8 out of 10 Fun: 5 out of 10 Controls: 9 out of 10 Ease to Learn: 8 out of 10
    Length: 7 out of 10
    Re-play: 7.5 out of 10
    Audio: 8 out of 10
    Bugs/Glitches: not much
  12. Jul 3, 2015
    Campaign is bad, the multiple endings and alternative storylines don't feel good in a shooter like COD. The multiplayer is terrible for public matches, but an amazing game as an eSports title. However it is not amazing on the PS3. PS3 BO2 is lag infested mess. The 360 version is much, much better.

(Played this when it came out, I'm just now writing the review)
  13. Jun 15, 2014
    The first Call of Duty game I've ever owned and put time and effort into. While it's not exactly a bad game, Black Ops II suffers from focusing too much on online play. The offline play is fine if you're happy with mediocre A.I., which isn't that big of a deal considering many games of this genre refuse to use A.I. bots in order to put a heavier focus involving online play. TheThe first Call of Duty game I've ever owned and put time and effort into. While it's not exactly a bad game, Black Ops II suffers from focusing too much on online play. The offline play is fine if you're happy with mediocre A.I., which isn't that big of a deal considering many games of this genre refuse to use A.I. bots in order to put a heavier focus involving online play. The single-player campaign is awful...and this is why almost nobody plays the campaigns of this franchise. Lack of story, good narrative, variety in the levels, or even good level design within the campaign means there's no real reason to bother with it, especially considering the short length which can last only two hours if you happen to be good. If you enjoy quick thrills and competitive play, then this game will suit your needs. Expand
  14. Sep 15, 2013
    Story: Black Ops 2 's setting takes place in 2 parts. One takes place in 2025, the other takes place after the 1st Black Ops (cold war). The game features characters returning from the 1st Black Ops, and new characters for the future missions. All the voice acting in the campaign is great, and the game's villain is good. The biggest surprise though is that the story is Actually great. It'sStory: Black Ops 2 's setting takes place in 2 parts. One takes place in 2025, the other takes place after the 1st Black Ops (cold war). The game features characters returning from the 1st Black Ops, and new characters for the future missions. All the voice acting in the campaign is great, and the game's villain is good. The biggest surprise though is that the story is Actually great. It's not like MW2 and 3 where you're fighting Russians, it's actually different and you get to learn the backstory of the plot in the past sections and see how those events affect the future and the villain's plan. Rating: 9

Gameplay: Treyarch added some new features to the single player to give it some replay value. They added challenges, player choices, strike force missions (suck), and the biggest addition to me is the create-a-class. Now you can choose your own loadout for each mission and not have to deal with whatever the game gives you. However, the A.I is still dumb and the campaign is sadly only 4.5 hours long. Rating: 8

Graphics: I will say the graphics are the best CoD graphics I've ever seen, but that's not saying much. Rating: 7

Music: The main theme by Trent Reznor is great, but the rest of the soundtrack isn't memorable. Rating: 5

Multiplayer: Since almost everyone buys CoD for the multiplayer, this section might be the most important section of all, and I have a lot of stuff to say about the MP. In my opinion, the most important thing in an FPS multiplayer is balance, which this game is LACKING. After the 1st week, the community started to notice some guns that did better than most of the guns. Some examples are: PDW-57 and MSMC (slightly nerfed), AN-94 (still overpowered after a ton of patches), FAL (gun's even banned in League play), R870-MCS (still extremely overpowered and I hate this shotgun), LMGs with Target Finder (LMGs already have low recoil, now Treyarch basically gave them an aimbot), C4s with the FAST HANDS perk (you're telling me a soldier can pull a C4 out of his ass and throw it in half a second and detonate it using his mind?), DEXTERITY perk (especially annoying with shotguns, SMGs, assault rifles, and quickdraw attachment), and quickscoping is back (great. P.S sarcasm). The maps here are BAD. Where as in MW2 and the 1st Black Ops, the maps were pretty good, now 90% of these BO2 maps are uninspired, mostly small (SMGs dominate AGAIN), almost no good spots where snipers (not quickscopers) and LMGs can perch up and support their team, and most of these maps have the same overused 3 lane layout (1 path in the middle, 2 in the sides). Lag compensation also returns being more annoying than ever. This game also has an UNPATCHABLE audio bug that mutes all game sounds and replaces it with this weird helicopter like sound that's exclusive to PS3 users (I think). But the MP did do some things right (mostly in customization). They improved on the already great emblem editor, they added League Play (for any of you try hards out there), improved theater mode, and added new and unique camos for your gun (most are in microtransactions). But these cons FAR outweigh the pros, and for someone who loved BO1's MP, I'm extremely disappointed. Rating: 4

Zombies: I'm a big zombies fan, and I was MORE disappointed with the zombies than the multiplayer (although Treyarch redeemed themselves with the DLC). the 1st map we got (Tranzit) was TERRIBLE. 85% of the map was covered in fog (which ruins exploration), the lava on the floor made exploration even worse. The map also had denizens (MOST ANNOYING ENEMY EVER), the "new crew" isn't funny, the Easter egg sucks, the map is WAY too huge for 4 players, and some of the perks (PHD Flopper, Deadshot Daiquri, and Mule Kick) weren't even on this map. One thing Tranzit added was Double Tap 2.0 (increased damage and made D.T more useful). The other launch gamemodes aren't as good either. Survival is just normal zombies on small maps (WAY too small for 4 players), and Grief was just wasted potential. The idea of having 4 V 4 on zombies where you have to troll the enemy team into defeat sounded cool, but ended up being just 8 players playing on the survival maps because you don't get much options on how to affect the enemy team's chance of survival (knifing and zombie meat. That's it). The only other things that Treyarch did that was good was add theater mode into zombies, and add solo leaderboards. But I still think Treyarch took a step backwards from moon with tranzit. Rating: 4

Overall: BO2 was a HUGE disappointment to me when compared to the 1st Black Ops. Improved campaign, BROKEN MP, and disappointing zombies makes this game the 3rd worse CoD in my opinion. Overall rating:6
  15. Dec 29, 2013
    There is a lot of haters out there and to be honest I am half a hater myself, for how bad the graphics are when compared to games by EA, SCE etc., for how they never have any innovation on anything, but there is no deny that CoD is a pretty solid franchise. It might be repetitive, but it is always functional and definitely playable.
    bo2 is a mediocre shooter, but it definitely isnt a 0
    bo2 is a mediocre shooter, but it definitely isnt a 0 out of 10. It did earn infinity ward more than it deserves, but cmon we cant expect them to come out and be like "we know our game sucks so we are asking our fans to please stop buying them" right? So let's just give them a break and hope CoD gets better in the future.
  16. Nov 13, 2012
    It's easy to see who the trolls are here giving "0"'s. Just check their profile and you can see that they apparently bought this game for 3 different systems and gave them all a "0". If you hate CoD so much. Stop buying it. Activition makes a lot of money with this franchise and they will continue to do so until people stop buying the game. They don't care how much you hate the game, asIt's easy to see who the trolls are here giving "0"'s. Just check their profile and you can see that they apparently bought this game for 3 different systems and gave them all a "0". If you hate CoD so much. Stop buying it. Activition makes a lot of money with this franchise and they will continue to do so until people stop buying the game. They don't care how much you hate the game, as long as you buy it. So next year, don't buy it, and let the people who do buy it, rate the game. Expand
  17. Jan 28, 2014
    A pretty fun game to play online, or with your friends. Zombies is kind of in between good and bad. The campaign is horrible, yet again. But the multiplayer is what counts, so there for my honest score is a 7/10
  18. Jan 13, 2013
    Looking on this, the game got awful reviews. I am very frustrated with how Treyarch told people that whoever preordered the hardened edition to Black Ops II got the exclusive Nuketown zombie map ONLY. The week the game comes out, they tell the community that the "exclusive only" Nuketown zombie map will be released on an upcoming add-on to the game. I spent an extra twenty dollars on theLooking on this, the game got awful reviews. I am very frustrated with how Treyarch told people that whoever preordered the hardened edition to Black Ops II got the exclusive Nuketown zombie map ONLY. The week the game comes out, they tell the community that the "exclusive only" Nuketown zombie map will be released on an upcoming add-on to the game. I spent an extra twenty dollars on the game and I was angry. Especially when the game was already sixty dollars, and I spent the extra twenty when I could have just spent the sixty on the preorder of the game, and separately bought the Nuketown zombie map. Treyarch will never get my preorder money again. So anyway, how about I start off with the campaign? The campaign was incredible. I had a lot of fun deciding what I wanted to do. I loved how Treyarch gave you the choice of what you wanted to do, it made the game more interesting and more suspenseful on what was going to happen throughout the turn outs of the game. It had a ton of twists to it as well, one hit me when I wasn't expecting it. Now, the games multiplayer is also absolutely incredible. After playing it for hours and hours on end, I've managed to have a lot of fun. The connection though is why it's losing part of my score here. Call of Duty has always been known for it's bad multiplayer connection, it's "no-life" players, and it's cheap "campers". The multiplayer in Black Ops II in my mind is fun, and unless the connection continues to get worse, I will continue to think that way. Now onto the upset, zombie mode. Sure, TranZit is fun and all, but the zombies is just a disgrace. I am very disappointed to see how small the maps are in survival. Black Ops I had better zombie maps, wide-open, much bigger, much more room to have fun. The game deserves a six because of the disappointments I had with Treyarch, the connection, and the zombie game mode map size. Expand
  19. Jun 9, 2013
    HONESTLY IT DOES HURT THE GAME INDUSTRY THAT THESE REDUNDANT COD GAMES SELL 30MIL COPPIES EACH. People buy 20-30mil copies of CoD and miss out on truly unique games like metro 2033 or the darkness 2 and these are in the same genre they are FPS's and damn good too. How many people can say they truly bought call of duty black ops AND Metro 2033 Not many if any and at least metro is an FPSHONESTLY IT DOES HURT THE GAME INDUSTRY THAT THESE REDUNDANT COD GAMES SELL 30MIL COPPIES EACH. People buy 20-30mil copies of CoD and miss out on truly unique games like metro 2033 or the darkness 2 and these are in the same genre they are FPS's and damn good too. How many people can say they truly bought call of duty black ops AND Metro 2033 Not many if any and at least metro is an FPS too. Can anyone say black op2 was actually pound for pound better than Deus Ex H.R.? Now i don't always agree with critics but even they thought deus ex was much better than black ops2 and look how deus ex sells maybe 2 million including pc and Call of doody black oops2 sells 10 times that on xbox alone. Even worse a great immersive FPS with ten times the heart and story Metro 2033 sells under 500,000 copies, yes it sold in the ball park of four hundred thousand copies...shameful that a quality game like that sells all together less than what CoD sells in one day. Is this because CoD blows ops2 is soooooo much better than metro....? NO, it is not but brain washed sheep buy the same game with the same engine in it with the same graphics every single year, they just change the name or put a creative (1),(2),or (3) next to it and the lambs come running to shell out 60$ instead of getting a truly unique experience and maybe having some taste or style or any uniqueness of your own. Even a mega hit multiplatform game that in my opinion might be the best of all time the vaunted "Fallout 3" pales in comparison with around 8mil sold while each CoD game more than triples those sales. Can even a CoD fan name any CoD game that even comes close to being as great as Fallout 3....wait i forgot to say that modernwarfare 2 doesn't count........just kidding that would be too cruel because that is what you were gonna say right CoD fanboy you original gamer you, and i bet you play CoD on your XBOX too how original and i bet you don't even play the 4hr campaign do you? All you 14yr olds and 40yr olds alike just grab a slim jim, take a swig of Monster if you are 14 and of course Budweiser if you are 40 and start on that CoD multiplayer with all that great story and non repetitive MP gameplay, of course you do this while waiting in anticipation for bungie's next sterile, super unique( i.e. halo 3 odst) game. Oh wait bungie is actually doing something good now (i.e. Destiny) so i guess 343 or whatever their name is will be copy and pasting a new label on the same old halo game, but at least halo doesnt come out twice a year. Good luck on not being as good as Battlefield 4 Call of Doody Ghosts (scary ghosts) but hey there are enough dumb people out there so you will outsell them even with last gen graphics and the same exact engine as model warfare. Greedy, Greedy Activision shoveling crap and calling it caviar when will you stop buying it. Expand
  20. Oct 21, 2013
    Another year, another generic and tired Call of Duty. It has lost it's way, lacking innovation every year. While having a descent zombie multiplayer and a great story, it fails with the awful multiplayer and predictable campaign design. Without even offering a descent RTS element, without even changing the basics for the multiplayer, without even changing the graphics engine, without evenAnother year, another generic and tired Call of Duty. It has lost it's way, lacking innovation every year. While having a descent zombie multiplayer and a great story, it fails with the awful multiplayer and predictable campaign design. Without even offering a descent RTS element, without even changing the basics for the multiplayer, without even changing the graphics engine, without even really upgrading the Zombies mode... This is a shame for the first-person shooters. At least there's some fun to have with the Zombies and with the interesting story. (Final Score: 5.58) Expand
  21. Jan 27, 2013
    I don't see why people hate this game so much. It's certainly not a bad game, but it's certainly not a great game. The story and the general themes seem quite racist, with every non-white character (apart from Tony Todd) betraying the pure, hard working white characters seems racist, as the idea of killing white people will make Treyarch run for their safety blanket. But the story seemsI don't see why people hate this game so much. It's certainly not a bad game, but it's certainly not a great game. The story and the general themes seem quite racist, with every non-white character (apart from Tony Todd) betraying the pure, hard working white characters seems racist, as the idea of killing white people will make Treyarch run for their safety blanket. But the story seems like it has some deeper meanings, as it has room for exploring the theme of unmanned military and how it greatly effects war, but most of the time it just wants you to lose yourself in shooty action xenophoby-fun. The bog-standard shooting remains intact and the level design has been changed up from 'run down this corridor, kill the under-privileged' to 'go down these optional, slightly non-linear paths and kill the under-privileged whilst also being able to optionally man turrets and drones'. The choices have been fleshed out pretty well too, even though they are made fully explicit. I like how you can choose to shoot Tony Todd in the head or shoot him in the leg, but if you wait long enough the black guy will just knock him out for you. That's pretty neat. I like how the choices effect your future game, and it a great new take on a series established as being a linear conveyor-belt of linear linearity. The strike force missions are definitely the best part about the game and are heavily replayable, I just wish there were more of them. But I cannot praise competence as if it's excellence, as there have been more meaningful shooters that have come out this year that are generally more risky. Black Ops 2 is by all means safe, it doesn't try to challenge the player mentally, but is above average which is surprising because all other COD campaigns have been bog-standard at best. Overall, it's a refreshing game, and if you're a fan of multi-player shooters or zombie games, this is a must play. It's pretty much 3 passable games in one, and for $60, what more could you ask for? Expand
  22. Jan 9, 2013
    Firstly the game has amazing graphics , a great ( but short) campaign 8/10 zombies is not that good not enough maps and they are small 6/10 multiplayer is fun but the ps3 keeps freezing not that different from previos cods mw3 might have been a better game if you dont care for zombies because of the great survival mode overall a decent game a must buy for COD freaks but not neccessary ifFirstly the game has amazing graphics , a great ( but short) campaign 8/10 zombies is not that good not enough maps and they are small 6/10 multiplayer is fun but the ps3 keeps freezing not that different from previos cods mw3 might have been a better game if you dont care for zombies because of the great survival mode overall a decent game a must buy for COD freaks but not neccessary if you own MW3 Expand
  23. Nov 28, 2012
    OMG seriously, what's with all the **** conspiracy. This game is fine. It's just more COD. You get what you expect. Don't listen to these nuts. Go rent it from Redbox. It's still a good time.
  24. Sep 5, 2014
    Eh. Its not that great. The main problem with cod: THE HACKERS! There are so many hackers. The multiplayer always lagged. The gameplay in this game wasn't bad but not good either. The only reason i'm not giving this game a 3/10 is because zombies. If black ops zombies was its own game i would give it a 7/10. But its not. Describe this with 3 words: Lag,Hackers,Disappointing.
  25. Nov 18, 2012
    Black Ops 2 is for me the best CoD game since CoD4, it's a different take on the formula which proves that good things can still be done with CoD. Don't get me wrong though, just buying this game for the multiplayer wouldn't be the smartest thing to do, the singleplayer really needs to be played. You really see that the singleplayer has gotten more effort this time around with multipleBlack Ops 2 is for me the best CoD game since CoD4, it's a different take on the formula which proves that good things can still be done with CoD. Don't get me wrong though, just buying this game for the multiplayer wouldn't be the smartest thing to do, the singleplayer really needs to be played. You really see that the singleplayer has gotten more effort this time around with multiple endings depending on your actions throughout the game. The story is pretty good this time around, with a good villain that seals the deal, some plot elements weren't as explored as I would have liked to, but still an enjoyable ride. Still, the zombies mode is improved but still pretty familiar, as is the multiplayer itself. It's ironic that for me, the singleplayer is what sells the game, considering that CoD today is famous for its multiplayer. I give this game a 7/10, for making a valid effort, being fun but still being kinda familiar. Expand
  26. Dec 5, 2015
    I gave this game a 6/10 since it's really just a rehash of every COD that came before it. Graphically it looks like it could be on the N64 or something (hard to believe Killzone 2 came out 6 years before which graphically blows this game out of the water) If you read all of the people who give this game an 8 or higher, it's usually morons saying things like "buy this game cos it's good,I gave this game a 6/10 since it's really just a rehash of every COD that came before it. Graphically it looks like it could be on the N64 or something (hard to believe Killzone 2 came out 6 years before which graphically blows this game out of the water) If you read all of the people who give this game an 8 or higher, it's usually morons saying things like "buy this game cos it's good, seriously buy it." Realistically, I think the only person who would give this game such a high rating would be a 15-year-old male which is probably the target market of the series anyway. I think COD fans are generally just people who haven't played a lot of other shooters besides Battlefield, so they don't really know what a good shooter is. This game is ok. It's a bit weird, and like other COD games the story is super convoluted and implausible. Also like other COD games, even on harder modes the game's pretty easy to complete (sometimes it makes it seem like you have to press a button or aim a weapon somewhere to accomplish something when in reality if you didn't do what the game asks the objective would still be accomplished anyway) It also tries to throw in every ability possible (Including a Crysis ripoff invisibility cloak) That being said, the multiplayer is pretty well done and there are some good guns in the game. Also, I can tell some work went into making it which is why I gave it a decent rating. Expand
  27. Aug 27, 2013
    Black Ops II is not my personal favorite of the franchise nor do I think it should be in the franchise at all, but that does not mean that the game is bad. The new environments are a real treat to look at and new weapons are fun to use. The controls are pretty much the same so don't think you'll have a hard time to jump into the game. Zombie mode is also fun to play, especially with aBlack Ops II is not my personal favorite of the franchise nor do I think it should be in the franchise at all, but that does not mean that the game is bad. The new environments are a real treat to look at and new weapons are fun to use. The controls are pretty much the same so don't think you'll have a hard time to jump into the game. Zombie mode is also fun to play, especially with a friend online or right in the living room. Online mode is pretty straightforward with the same modes and new maps and features. Bo2 is just an old car with new paint, but you'll definitely get a kick out of it. Expand
  28. Apr 16, 2016
    La saga COD a ido copiando y pegando a saco desde MW3 y eso no me a gustado nada ademas necesitas al menos 3 rayas en el online para jugar perfectamente es decir a qui gana el que mejor pin tenga. A cuanto a zombies me a encantado y por ello no le pongo 5. En definitiva ¿vale la pena? Si pero solo si eres gran fan de la saga o te guste mucho zombies. (Por cierto en PC es un fiasco)
  29. Dec 6, 2012
    I'm going to divide this review up into 3 sections. 1) Campaign - 10/10. This is the best part of the game in my opinion. The story is very interesting. One really awesome new feature is that in certain parts of the game you get to choose what happens. Example: Press this to shoot him, or press that to shoot the other guy. This means that there is a variety of endings! The only thing II'm going to divide this review up into 3 sections. 1) Campaign - 10/10. This is the best part of the game in my opinion. The story is very interesting. One really awesome new feature is that in certain parts of the game you get to choose what happens. Example: Press this to shoot him, or press that to shoot the other guy. This means that there is a variety of endings! The only thing I didn't really enjoy was the Strike Force Missions, but you can skip them if you would like. Multiplayer - 6/10. Overall, the multiplayer is fun and what you would come to expect. The last CoD I had played before Black Ops II was World At War. And the multiplayer from WaW was pretty much the same from BO2, but with just a few differences. There's a new Pick 10 class system where you can pick a combination of 10 weapons, perks, attachments, lethals/tacticals, and wildcards. And the "Killstreaks" are now "Scorestreaks". Zombies - 9/10. Zombies are just like before, but better. There is a new TranZit mode, where its a huge world where you ride a bus and go to different locations to find parts to build different things. Then there is Grief, which is like regular Survival, but there are 2 teams instead of the regular 1. Last team standing wins. Now there is also custom Zombies, where you can choose different options like: which round to start on (1, 5, 10, 15, or 20), Hellhounds, headshots only, and a few others. Overall - 8/10. This is a good game, they just need to do something about the multiplayer and maybe get a better graphics engine because the engine is starting to show its age. Expand
  30. Apr 27, 2013
    While definitely not as good as the previous Black Ops, this game is undeniably more polished and functional. They've taken out things people hated like second chance, and added in some interesting things like the MMS to multiplayer. Single player is your average CoD campaign- pretty bland. Zombies mode is less fun but is a step away from previous levels and is more challenging. It justWhile definitely not as good as the previous Black Ops, this game is undeniably more polished and functional. They've taken out things people hated like second chance, and added in some interesting things like the MMS to multiplayer. Single player is your average CoD campaign- pretty bland. Zombies mode is less fun but is a step away from previous levels and is more challenging. It just isn't as fun.
    The Strike Force missions are fun though. I feel people who compain CoD never changes aren't looking at it objectively.

1. Play UK
    Jan 12, 2013
    One of the most complete, albeit shaky, packages the series has ever seen. [Issue#226, p.68]
  2. Jan 3, 2013
    While the campaign length is fairly standard of past iterations of the series, it's worth multiple playthroughs and the multiplayer offers endless hours of fun and enjoyment; whether it's slaying zombies or facing off against other players in a wide range of multiplayer modes with an endless number of loadout combinations.
  3. PSM3 Magazine UK
    Dec 23, 2012
    Worth checking out for online and the sci-fi novelty value alone. [Jan 2013, p.95]