Call of Duty: Black Ops PlayStation 3

6.4

1. Apr 3, 2017
    9.0 - Awesome COD, multiplayer maps were amazing, and zombies mode was equally as fun. So much effort and though put into each mode, each mode having easter eggs, and environments are all varied and Vietnam themed.
  2. Mar 9, 2017
    Call of Duty leaves the modern war for a year to take us to the darkest conflicts of the Cold War in Xbox 360 and Play Station 3 with an incredible atmosphere of the time, good story and a great zombies mode unforgettable.

3. Oct 15, 2016
    El juego es agradable para jugar pero solo campaña y zombies , el modo zombies es muy bueno y la campaña es bueno pero lo único que puedo decir es que esos dos modos están bueno , el control del juego es fácil y no complicado.
  4. Aug 31, 2016
    Best Call of Duty Black Ops Game and one of the best Call of Duty Game. Normal Graphics for 2010, awesome 2 Players Mode, VS Zombie, not bad storyline and interesting gameplay. Very Awesome Game, Good, Very good for Call of Duty.
  5. Aug 16, 2016
    Call of Duty: Black Ops is a first-person shooter video game. The game was developed by Treyarch, published by Activision.

+ Good Campaign
    + Excellent Multiplayer
    + Awesome Zombie Mode
  6. Jul 24, 2016
    I'm a relative newcomer to the Call of Duty franchise. After completing the first three installments of Uncharted (still waiting to get that PS4 for Uncharted 4) I was in dire need of an addictive action/shooter. You'd practically have to live under a digital rock to not have heard about COD by now, so I finally decided to give it a try. While I've already beaten Modern Warfare 2 and amI'm a relative newcomer to the Call of Duty franchise. After completing the first three installments of Uncharted (still waiting to get that PS4 for Uncharted 4) I was in dire need of an addictive action/shooter. You'd practically have to live under a digital rock to not have heard about COD by now, so I finally decided to give it a try. While I've already beaten Modern Warfare 2 and am playing Modern Warfare 3, I decided to start this one up tonight as I found it on sale for 2 bucks.

Holy crap, is this game insanely relentless. I already thought Modern Warfare was action picked, and it is, but it still gave me some moments, albeit brief ones, to catch my breath and take it all in. Black Ops on the other hand goes all in and not once lets you off the hook. Bullets flying from multiple directions, hundreds of foes coming at you with all they've got (one particular mission in Vietnam is ridiculously overwhelming the whole way through), helicopters being shot from the sky, explosives taking down buildings, manning turrets on the back of speeding trucks-- you get the picture.

There are moments I found myself catching my breath in unison with the protagonist as I was ducking down regaining my health, then back into the battle you go. Black Ops is an exhausting game, and yet so thrilling and endlessly playable it's hard to put down. As a FPS it doesn't really break new ground, but if it ain't broke don't fix it. The gameplay is smooth, the presentation is outstanding, the exhilaration is genuine. The story so far may be a little thin, but I could just be mistaking that with the fact that it's at times hard to absorb the information because of the forward momentum of the gameplay.

One hell of a fun game to play, and I'm kicking myself for not picking up this franchise earlier. But the sun is rising and it's time for me to take a breather. Once I get my heart rate down. Jeeze. I'm going back and forth between an 8 or 9 out of 10 rating. At this point I'd probably give it an 8.5, but it could go up or down depending on where it goes by the end. (For the record Modern Warfare 2 is a 10 in my book, with MW3 not far behind.)
  7. May 7, 2016

+ Good Campaign
    + Excellent Multiplayer
    + Awesome Zombie Mode
  8. Jan 6, 2016
    Whilst Black Ops is a distinctive downgrade from Modern Warfare 2, especially in terms of the online spectrum, it is still a game worthy of the Call of Duty name. The campaign is particularly intriguing, taking the story into unfamiliar territory that works to a treat.
  9. Nov 10, 2015
    TIS F*CKING GAME! OH MAH GUD! This game is a slice of life in a growing (and up to then stall) franchise. I got this game at the nearest GameStop, popped it into my PS3, and LIVED! The epic campaign! The stellar multiplayer, and zombies.... **** ZOMBIES! I know WaW did Zambies first, but BO did Zombies RIGHT! Kino, Five, Sheglaria or whatever, CotD, Ascension, MOON! HELL, even Dead Ops.TIS F*CKING GAME! OH MAH GUD! This game is a slice of life in a growing (and up to then stall) franchise. I got this game at the nearest GameStop, popped it into my PS3, and LIVED! The epic campaign! The stellar multiplayer, and zombies.... **** ZOMBIES! I know WaW did Zambies first, but BO did Zombies RIGHT! Kino, Five, Sheglaria or whatever, CotD, Ascension, MOON! HELL, even Dead Ops. JUST OH MAH GUD! Expand
  10. Sep 3, 2015
    black ops is a great game made from tryearch! campaign is amazing. mulitplayer is great. zombies is fantasic! if you love cod bo1 is the cod for you! but dont buy metal of honor becase it sucks
  11. Sep 1, 2015
    Call of duty never lets me down! great game and the best bonus mode i've ever played, the zombie mode!
    don't understand these negative reviews... try to ignore them because most of them are trying to be mainstream by hating cod and battlefield fanboys who have to rate it with out playing it for some reason.
    but cod bo is a must have game for everyone!
  12. Mar 2, 2015
    good story, good multiplayer, good way zombies kino der toten five dead ops arcade, charismatic charactersmultiplayer maps as good summit, nuketown, firing range, WMD
  13. Dec 11, 2014
    Best call of duty game EVER. Too bad that ghosts and advanced warfare have killed this series. Advanced Warfare is soooo bad that I actually took the game back in two weeks, and I have played regularly since MW2. I even do gamebattles...or did...since bo2. The long time question of what game will be the cod killer has been answered. Advanced Warfare is the cod killer
  14. Dec 6, 2014
    A fresh Call of Duty environment makes for more first person shooter glory in both single and multiplayer. The new zombies mode is a blockbuster hit and will surely return. It breaths fresh life into a series that undoubtedly deserves more entries.
  15. Sep 23, 2014
    Enjoyable enough experience, but nothing new to grab your attention. Addictive sure, but far too familiar to the same Call of Duty you've played before.
  16. Sep 6, 2014
    I really loved this game, The guns where great, The story was good and The graphics where fair enough for when this game was made! Much better than ghosts.
  17. Aug 9, 2014
    "Black Ops" succeeds by it's powerful plot, over the top action, and a gritty, gruesome, more realistic vision of war then we have seen from the Call of Duty franchise. It lacks in Multiplayer originality, and its Zombies mode is boring compared to its sequel, "Black Ops 2", which came out two years after this was released. It's still a great experience, and it takes us where no Call of"Black Ops" succeeds by it's powerful plot, over the top action, and a gritty, gruesome, more realistic vision of war then we have seen from the Call of Duty franchise. It lacks in Multiplayer originality, and its Zombies mode is boring compared to its sequel, "Black Ops 2", which came out two years after this was released. It's still a great experience, and it takes us where no Call of Duty had--or has--taken us: the Cold War era. The characters are convincing, and the action is noisy and non-stop, which is all we can ask from Call of Duty. Expand
  18. May 19, 2014
    story sucks the multiplier was solid couple of nice maps but the only reason i still own this game and the only reason im giving it a 9 is because of zombies
  19. Apr 28, 2014
    Story:
    I actually liked this story more than the MW story. It had mystery, drama, and a surprise twist near the ending that I never saw coming. The voice acting and dialogues were great. Treyarch even went far enough to hire Hollywood talents to do to voicing rolls. 9/10
    Gameplay: Standard Call of Duty gameplay. You shoot guys, go silent, hop into turrets and vehicles, etc. To be
    Story:

Gameplay:
    Standard Call of Duty gameplay. You shoot guys, go silent, hop into turrets and vehicles, etc. To be honest, I played the single player for the story, but Treyarch did add a new feature the community called the 'Dolphin Dive'. The Dive is still a great hit to this day. 7/10

Graphics:
    Visuals are nothing new, the facial models are average, and the world design is above average. 6/10

Sound:
    Good soundtrack, gun sounds are ok, and sound effects are average 7/10

Multiplayer:
    This multiplayer is more balanced than MW2 ever was (with the exception of the Famas and AK74u).The level cap isn't too high (level 50), Treyarch added theatre mode (like Halo), combat training (practice against bots), and wager matches (gamble C.O.D points). One innovation in Multiplayer were C.O.D points which were in-game money used to buy guns, emblems, attachments, camos, etc. I liked C.O.D points way more than the weapon levels we got now. Treyarch even improved the emblem system by letting us customize our own emblem, which was extremely fun to do. Zombies made a return from World at War, and Treyarch even improved that as well with new guns, perks and all the maps were greatly designed (including DLC maps). I liked these maps more than the Black Ops 2 ones. 10/10

Verdict:
    Call of Duty Black Ops in my opinion is the best C.O.D to have come out since C.O.D 4. Engaging single player story, balanced multiplayer, and fun zombies makes for a complete package. Verdict: 9/10
  20. Mar 29, 2014
    The whole game was fun i especially enjoyed the zombie mode and multiplayer in this game, I think that everyone should play this excellent game, the campaign was also very fun.
  21. Mar 2, 2014
    Cliff notes for people that don't want to hear the same old "OMG COD IS THE SAME GAME EVERY YEAR WAH WAH" ****

The Good: Engrossing, suspenseful campaign. Good graphics for its time. Great gun balance and variety for the most part. Zombie mode is fun with friends. First time with theatre mode. Creating your own emblem is far superior than MW series. The Bad: Pistols are pathetically

The Bad: Pistols are pathetically weak. Red dot and holographic sights are cloudy (wtf? they're supposed to make aiming easier). Frame rate choppy at times, which is a trade off for the slightly better graphics. Theatre mode may be part of the reason why the game is glitchy.

Overall: Single player was amazing. A little more polish to multiplayer and this game would've been a masterpiece.
  22. ERB
    Feb 1, 2014
    Call Of Duty Black Ops is no doubt one of the best Call Of Duty Games ever made.I should admit the single player campaign has a good story but it lacks time.I mean the single player campaign is so short that it really disappointed me.Well the graphics and environments in this game looks cool and beautiful.The multiplayer once again showed us why Call Of Duty is one of the best multiplayerCall Of Duty Black Ops is no doubt one of the best Call Of Duty Games ever made.I should admit the single player campaign has a good story but it lacks time.I mean the single player campaign is so short that it really disappointed me.Well the graphics and environments in this game looks cool and beautiful.The multiplayer once again showed us why Call Of Duty is one of the best multiplayer games of all time.It is addicting and fun.That is why I recommend you guys to buy this game and play it now. Expand
  23. Jan 25, 2014
    I love this game. It is one of my favourite cods and also one of my favourite fps games. This game has 3 major parts which i am going to talk and rate so please enjoy.

Campaign: 9/10. The campaign was flawless with great level design,great animations and a fantastic storyline with one of the best plot twists i have ever seen in a game. I found it to be super addicting and somewhat emotional.

Multiplayer: 7.5/10. The multiplayer was really fun to play just like any other cod but it probably has the worst connection in the series, and horrible hit detection (There have been so many times where i have been killed behind walls). If it wasnt for these realy big problems the multiplayer would be one of the best.

Zombies co/op: 10/10. Its just perfect that is all i have to say.

if you are a shooter fan or a cod fan buy this game,im telling you.
  24. Jan 18, 2014
    I wanted to really give this game a 9 because the lag and some unfairness but every call of duty game has been like that so I'm giving it a 10. This is that game for me that you remember in 10-15 years as that great times game... I'm only referring to multiplayer mind coz I don't play any campaigns. Rather than writing a book I'm just going to sum it up as the best cod in the series,I wanted to really give this game a 9 because the lag and some unfairness but every call of duty game has been like that so I'm giving it a 10. This is that game for me that you remember in 10-15 years as that great times game... I'm only referring to multiplayer mind coz I don't play any campaigns. Rather than writing a book I'm just going to sum it up as the best cod in the series, slightly slower paced a better feel to shooting and realism, graphics are the best in the cod series feels like a completely different engine to any other cod game but still keeping that similarity. Great smaller maps in majority. Score per min leaderboards to tackle campers, honestly I could go on and on but I'll leave it as that. Please make a new cod like this again.... black ops 2, mw3 and ghosts are all major dissapointments Expand
  25. Jan 4, 2014
    Absolutely love this game.Probably my third favorite CoD (CoD 4,MW2,BO 1).The campaign had a lot of action,but not the best.Me multiplayer is great.I love it.It has given me wonderful times
  26. Jan 3, 2014
    Black Ops entered with fresh new ideas and came out fulfilling those ideas. The multiplayer was as good as ever and felt more than a usual COD experience. Zombie went on with more maps and more attracting ideas, and the campaign may be the best in the series. The Graphics lack behind though for the standard shooter and look sloppy. Overall Treyarch made a fresh new start and made a fantastic FPS.
  27. Sep 15, 2013
    black ops is one of the best cod game in my opinion but it has some bugs and minor problems the zombie mode has 6+ maps and the old ones from world at war Black ops is an unforgettable fps game with minor problems
  28. Aug 17, 2013
    9.3 out of 10 (rounded off to 9).

9.3 out of 10 (rounded off to 9).

In my personal opinion, this is the best game in the Call of Duty series. After seeing the huge success of Modern Warfare, Treyarch finally decided to drop World War II and instead move on to the cold war and vietnam. With an intriguing story, an excellent expansion to the "Nazi Zombie"-lore and a huge array of additions to the multiplayer (where my favorites include: "Combat Training", "Theatre Mode", "Emblem" customization and "Wager Matches"), "Call of Duty: Black Ops" carries an improvement to the Call of Duty series not seen since "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare".

Some people may think that the story can be confusing at times (which I can agree on) and that it is yet another re-hash of the Call of Duty series, but I have found myself happily throwing many hours into "Call of Duty: Black Ops", and if you're a fan of first person shooters, I'm sure you will too.
  29. Aug 2, 2013
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 8/10..........................................................................................................................
  30. Jul 30, 2013
    Black Ops is the best from Treyarch's Call of Duty that deserves high praise with even more customization and awesome new weapons such as the crossbow. RC-XD is a bit overpowered but when you become more advanced, RC-XD isn't the ideal killsteak you want to use. You can certainly get a kill with it but you get even more with other killstreaks like dogs and choppers. It's a good way forBlack Ops is the best from Treyarch's Call of Duty that deserves high praise with even more customization and awesome new weapons such as the crossbow. RC-XD is a bit overpowered but when you become more advanced, RC-XD isn't the ideal killsteak you want to use. You can certainly get a kill with it but you get even more with other killstreaks like dogs and choppers. It's a good way for newbies to get into Call of Duty and it's an awesome killstreak to use. It's much like driving a remote controlled car in real life.

Map designs are stylish that goes with the games' Cold War setting. The game still runs perfectly at 60 FPS even if the graphics isn't the best. Theatre Mode is a great addition for those who wants to post their gameplay on YouTube. You can pick out the best gameplay and record that instead of recording everything then cropping, during editing, until you get the best ones, like you would do in previous Call of Duty games, the feature as well as the video runs perfectly. You can only record about 30 seconds of the gameplay with Theatre Mode. If you want to record everything, you'll need to buy a capture card.

Wager matches is a great addition to Call of Duty's multiplayer. Currency is a bit controversial but we wouldn't have wager matches without them. Gun game is a fun mode where you start with a Python and each kill allows the player to move up one weapon tier which will grant you a new weapon. You win by getting to the last tier and kill an enemy with that weapon. You downgrade a tier when you're knifed. One in a Chamber is where you start with one bullet with a M1911 and you get one more bullet for each kill.

Sharpshooter cycles a random weapon every 45 secs, you get perks for every kill and eventually a scoring multiplier. You lose the perks when you die and you have to earn them again. Sticks and Stones is a rubbish game mode where you kill enemies with a Crossbow, Tomahawk and Ballistic Knife. If you have the skills to handle these weapons, Stick and Stones might be fun for you. Top 3 gets money and it's the best way to earn money to buy goods like weapons and attachments. Everyone else would lose money but hey, it's like gambling so don't complain. You lose some, you win some!

Dolphin Dive is unbalanced, the idea of dive to prone while still maintaining accuracy is the reason for so. Some balancing issues, connection problems and crappy game modes makes this Call of Duty not as good as Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare but it's still better than World at War. Zombies is also really fun and it's probably the best feature in Treyarch's Call of Duty. It deserves a much higher score than 6.0, which is the average score from metacritic users. If you missed out on Medal of Honor so that you can play Black Ops, you've made the right decision.
  31. Jun 6, 2013
    I think the first Black Ops is the only Call of Duty that I really liked, I thought it was damn solid in all it's three modes. But keep in mind I still haven't played the original Modern Warfare. Since the game is based around three distinctive modes I'll divide them up.

Campaign: Something that I think is not appreciated enough about this game is it's excellently written story, I

Campaign:
    Something that I think is not appreciated enough about this game is it's excellently written story, I thought it was a very good story and the twists and turns were great. I think it would translate nicely to a movie due to it's shortness. The campaign does suffer a bit from being very linear and scripted, I will say that some scripted moments are actually quite thrilling and fun however. So I surprisingly really liked the campaign of Black Ops, shocker.

Multiplayer:
    Call of Duty is of course only known mainly for it's multiplayer, I'm not big into multiplayer games but I had a pretty good time for a while with it. I thought it was pretty well balanced and the maps were pretty varied and well designed. It is pretty satisfying to get a long kill streak as well.

Zombies:
    I was never very good at the zombies mode in Black Ops, but when I played it with friends it's such a blast. The maps are giant and filled with things to do and unlock. It's over the top and that's why it's so good.
  32. May 16, 2013
    the best cod ever no cod will beat it sorry infinity ward
  33. Apr 27, 2013
    The only CoD game I've really liked. The campaign is clever, with twists and characters you begin to like. Multiplayer is very functional while still remaining fun. Zombies mode is... Probably the most fun you can have with a controller. Treyarch should be applauded.
  34. Mar 25, 2013
    10-Presentation; The story is the best in the series, and the menu's are well laid out as always.
    10-Graphics; Everything looks excellent.
    10-Sound; Everything sounds excellent
    9-Game play; AI is still a little dumb, but everything else is excellent.
    10-Lasting value; There's tons to unlock, and it will take you forever to do so.
    Overall-10/10
  35. Mar 21, 2013
    In my opinion, this is the best game in the series. I agree the graphics aren't as good as Modern Warfare, but the story in this game is much more complete and thrilling than any other CoD game out there. The voice acting is great with a top-notch cast of Sam Worthington, Gary Oldman, Ed Harris, and others. Don't let your friends tell you different. This game is worth at least taking aIn my opinion, this is the best game in the series. I agree the graphics aren't as good as Modern Warfare, but the story in this game is much more complete and thrilling than any other CoD game out there. The voice acting is great with a top-notch cast of Sam Worthington, Gary Oldman, Ed Harris, and others. Don't let your friends tell you different. This game is worth at least taking a look at if you haven't already. Expand
  36. Feb 9, 2013
    A very fun shooter that while feeling very similar to the modern warfare games, expands a creates a much more appealing game with a little bit more of a focus on fun rather than realism. The campaign mode is great and has a great story and the multiplayer is samey fun with some fun maps. The zombies mode is great but due to there not being an ultimate game of the year edition of the gameA very fun shooter that while feeling very similar to the modern warfare games, expands a creates a much more appealing game with a little bit more of a focus on fun rather than realism. The campaign mode is great and has a great story and the multiplayer is samey fun with some fun maps. The zombies mode is great but due to there not being an ultimate game of the year edition of the game in order to experience the full zombies game you'll have to purchase $60/£40 worth of DLC which is way too much for the amount you're getting. Expand
  37. Jan 3, 2013
    Call Of Duty the black ops series are the best of CoD,it has zombie mode that is much like a horror survival and the campaign it's just great,the online is a big hit and addicting as hell i can tell that much.
  38. Nov 28, 2012
    Great game! I was hesitant when I learned Black Ops was set in the 70s or 80s but I was pleasantly surprised. There is a nice variety of maps, all of which are very nicely designed. The guns are noticeably different in how they handle, and there are some new kill streaks that are fun and can be very rewarding. I would put this game on par with MW2, though they are both very different games.
  39. Nov 21, 2012
    Treyarch finally tries to change the formula in COD. Of course you can argue COD points failed - but more importantly, COD was different for the first time in a while. There's a definite feel in Black Ops that is different from it's Predecessors. IW just made the same game with MW2 - Black Ops may not be perfect, but it's certainly a very good game, in and of itself.
  40. Oct 14, 2012
    The campaign is great. The storyline setting in the cold war is awesome and i can't say anymore because i don't wan't to be a spoiler. the multiplayer is rock solid and the contracts system is great. Nothing wrong with this one...
  41. Oct 11, 2012
    It's good, okay. OKAY? Are you happy? I'm admitting it, it's good. I used to rag on COD gamers for the absolutely low quality of story and gaming that their games provide. Campaigns that were almost silly in nature, almost obsessive amounts of high-tech military ordinance, and some of the most obnoxious gamers on the planet. Then I finally picked it up. OKAY, alright, it's good. Are youIt's good, okay. OKAY? Are you happy? I'm admitting it, it's good. I used to rag on COD gamers for the absolutely low quality of story and gaming that their games provide. Campaigns that were almost silly in nature, almost obsessive amounts of high-tech military ordinance, and some of the most obnoxious gamers on the planet. Then I finally picked it up. OKAY, alright, it's good. Are you done making fun of me? Don't get me wrong - most of what I've already mentioned applies. The campaign of Black Ops - while intriguing - is really dumbly written, and a bore, exploring uninteresting hypothetical conspiracy theories that have been gone over ten-thousand times before. Furthermore, there are no "black ops" in Black Ops. the term itself, black ops, harkens to devious military operations performed in secret. Something about an all-out helicopter assault on a battleship in the Gulf of Mexico doesn't strike me as very secretive, nor does blasting out the Vietcong with The Rolling Stones blaring from your in-chopper headsets. Yes, I am being serious - that is how ridiculously cliché Black Ops manages to reach. However, the game is very polished, the sound is very good - as to be expected. But the appeal is absolutely the online multiplayer. As said, yes, it brings out some of the lowest of the low from all walks of life to the same table to combat each other. You'll spend much of your time listening to people name-call and teabag each other. Does this lower the quality of the multiplayer? Absolutely not. As much as it dreads me to admit, Black Ops has undoubtedly some of the most competitive multiplayer experience offered in any game on the market to date, far usurping the competitiveness seen in the Halo franchise. The ranking and prestige system is very well designed, customization features allow for very different and varied gameplay, everything is fast paced and competitive, and it can constantly draw you back for a match or two. It's good. And I'm done complimenting Black Ops. RAGH, damn you EA. You won me over. Now quit being so **** Expand
  42. Sep 17, 2012
    I own this game on both 360 and PS3 and the of course PS3 version has lag and frame rate issues. Other than that the campaign good twice (for veteran). Zombies is probably the reason to buy this (along with the DLC). and MP is solid.
  43. Aug 21, 2012
    Black Ops has a great campaign with a realistic plot this time around (MW2, we're looking at you). The Multiplayer is addicting and fun, as always, and it packs a new game mode, wager match.
  44. Aug 17, 2012
    A great Fps game, it's exactly what you expected it to be , just another COD, and granted that's all it is.. Except a few more features, different maps etc.. The visuals are great, the sound track is great too, the sound is definitely a big, being able to hear where gun shots come from through surround sound or headphones really immerses you into the game.. Zombies is what really did itA great Fps game, it's exactly what you expected it to be , just another COD, and granted that's all it is.. Except a few more features, different maps etc.. The visuals are great, the sound track is great too, the sound is definitely a big, being able to hear where gun shots come from through surround sound or headphones really immerses you into the game.. Zombies is what really did it for me, buying a new DLC every month was a bit much, but there is so much fun to be had killing zombies online with strangers, yelling and arguing, beating your friends kill count 100x, being called a noob by a 10 year old, many hours of entertainment there.. Expand
  45. Aug 17, 2012
    Black Ops haves an addictive multiplayer, and a memorable story mode. Zombies is a blast fun that you will have, but the problem is the unimpressive graphics and glitches. Overall, the game is worth buying, and, for sure, I recommend for everyone, especially for the fast paced gamers. 85 out of 100.
  46. Jul 25, 2012
    A definite improvement of World At War. Black Ops took the one aspect of its predecessor that we loved, the Zombie mode, and built on it, making it perhaps even more worth buying the game than the multiplayer. Speaking of which, the multiplayer has definitely improved, now matching its counterpart Modern Warfare, and finally, unlike many fps games nowadays, it does have an well craftedA definite improvement of World At War. Black Ops took the one aspect of its predecessor that we loved, the Zombie mode, and built on it, making it perhaps even more worth buying the game than the multiplayer. Speaking of which, the multiplayer has definitely improved, now matching its counterpart Modern Warfare, and finally, unlike many fps games nowadays, it does have an well crafted plot, with an interesting albeit predictable twist. An overall fun game that fights the general stereotype that franchises are often ruined by sequels. Expand
  47. Jun 7, 2012
    I thought Black Ops was a good game. It had its multiplayer issues, which where fixed by the amazing support team at Treyarch. I find that Black Ops Multiplayer was bashed because you couldn't quickscope, which I can to an extent. The map design on Black Ops was very good. The Campaign of Black Ops was very good, it made me feel like I was in the Cold War, and I had fun playing it. Zombies is arguably the best part about Black Ops, I would have to sort of agree. Although I liked Zombies, I spent most of my time playing multiplayer and enjoying it on Black Ops.
  48. May 27, 2012
    One of the greatest games I have ever played. Works flawlessly on my PS3. Graphics are great, co-op zombies gave me hundreds of hours of epic lol's and good times!
  49. Apr 14, 2012
    Black Ops was and still is the most unique Call of Duty title since COD 4. This game brought quite a few fresh ideas to the table. Combat training and player customization were great additions to the multiplayer experience. That being said I found the multiplayer experience to be rather stale in this game. Patches made the game pretty balanced but that didn't take away the fact thatBlack Ops was and still is the most unique Call of Duty title since COD 4. This game brought quite a few fresh ideas to the table. Combat training and player customization were great additions to the multiplayer experience. That being said I found the multiplayer experience to be rather stale in this game. Patches made the game pretty balanced but that didn't take away the fact that this game was lacking some of the pizazz of past titles. Many of the maps were boring and dull. Zombies made this game for me and the DLC only made that better. Being able to play with three other buddies makes for a whole lot of fun. The campaign was fun and rather fresh for a COD title and an FPS in general. This game is worth a rental at least. Expand
  50. Mar 14, 2012
    I now have gotten around to my feelings on this game, after a year and a third of playing it. At first, I thought this game was crap, with a very inconsistent hitmark system and very ridiculous kills. Now, however, after playing MW3, I think that both myself and a lot of other players are Back In Black. The is confusing at first, as it is a series of flashbacks. After playing it a fewI now have gotten around to my feelings on this game, after a year and a third of playing it. At first, I thought this game was crap, with a very inconsistent hitmark system and very ridiculous kills. Now, however, after playing MW3, I think that both myself and a lot of other players are Back In Black. The is confusing at first, as it is a series of flashbacks. After playing it a few times, though, I get the gist of it, although it still sucks. Zombies is not my cup of tea unless I'm with friends, as it requires a lot of communication and understanding of how to survive in the maps to actually get far and have fun, until you eventually start just talking 'bout random stuff because you're just hoarding zombies until they overwhelm you. However, Treyarch took the biggest risk in Multiplayer, with a complete overhaul of the overall system. You can buy all perks after level 4, using money you get as a tenth of your xp each game. You also use this money to buy guns you have unlocked, and like perks, all equipment, lethals, and tacticals are unlocked once you create a class. The maps give you more variety than MW2 or MW3, with an Array of different maps that have been tailored to one gun type or another. The killstreaks are much harder to get, which I love, so that you're not bombed by YET ANOTHER PREDATOR! The guns also take ever so slightly longer to kill with than the other games, which increases you're chances of living. Also, the perks are much more balanced, and Tomahawks are amazing. Overall, a great game for the money. Expand
  51. Mar 14, 2012
    Call Of Duty Black Ops is a great and compelling game, It really brought me into the singleplayer, at the moment I am at a really game turning point and I can't wait to get home and continue. The zombies CO-OP is back and better than ever with new maps, perks, guns, zombie AI and character scripts, it has been improved greatly from WAW and will always live on. Multiplayer has the be theCall Of Duty Black Ops is a great and compelling game, It really brought me into the singleplayer, at the moment I am at a really game turning point and I can't wait to get home and continue. The zombies CO-OP is back and better than ever with new maps, perks, guns, zombie AI and character scripts, it has been improved greatly from WAW and will always live on. Multiplayer has the be the most realistic I have ever seen, thank god for ridiculously overpowered perks that MW2 brought brought in and noobtubers have also been delt with plus the F****** quickscoping is also gone, I don't mind the currency thing either. Overall a great game and I would recommend it to all. Expand
  52. Jan 21, 2012
    Black ops is a perfect mix with succesful content from previous COD.

Campaign: Short but its know for some people!! a little 6 hours and played this gam out!!! But this is perfect for trophy hunters short campaign with lots of trophies!!!!!!!! Zombies: just as the WAW version is pro , but now with nicer gfx cooler weapons and much more makes it more awesome!!!! Warning:(its very addict
    Black ops is a perfect mix with succesful content from previous COD.

Warning:(its very addict able)

Multiplayer: is like COD MW2 its awesome but it seems to be copied!!!! everything looks just as MW2
  53. Jan 12, 2012
    Call of Duty: Black Ops was a terrific game. It is a sequel to the 2008 game World at War and has much of the same character. Black Ops is based during the Cold War, and has many weapons to match the time period. It consists of three game play modes: Campaign, Multiplayer and Zombies. Campaign was comprised of a rich, well thought out plot, centering around Alex Mason. It has many goodCall of Duty: Black Ops was a terrific game. It is a sequel to the 2008 game World at War and has much of the same character. Black Ops is based during the Cold War, and has many weapons to match the time period. It consists of three game play modes: Campaign, Multiplayer and Zombies. Campaign was comprised of a rich, well thought out plot, centering around Alex Mason. It has many good levels, and the graphics are excellent. The Multiplayer is very different from Call of Duty's previous game, Modern Warfare 2. Instead of leveling up and unlocking guns, you must buy them with the new COD Points. They also have many new weapons and attachments, like the crossbow. Zombies is great and is very enjoyable and it just never gets old. However, there were two downsides. One was that the AI is incredibly stupid. I mean seriously, you can't get much dumber. The other one I had was with a glitch in Combat Training, a new addition to the Call of Duty Multiplayer which allows you to practice the maps with the AI which you can play with a friend. When you start, it puts you (and your friend) on a different team. When I try and switch to the same team as my friend, it switches from the usual six players on a team to eight, meaning that the other team had seven originally. All in all, this game was very good and I would recommend it to anyone that enjoys shooter games or the Call of Duty series. Expand
  54. Jan 6, 2012
    While single-player is fun, the story and gameplay can get very dull and un-exciting. Multiplayer is full of game modes and weapons/equipment, but the game is filled with constant lag and occasional glitches/bugs(PS3 version). BUT, if you are looking for a game to play co op with your friends, there is always the "zombies" game mode which can keep you hooked for days. Overall, the game isWhile single-player is fun, the story and gameplay can get very dull and un-exciting. Multiplayer is full of game modes and weapons/equipment, but the game is filled with constant lag and occasional glitches/bugs(PS3 version). BUT, if you are looking for a game to play co op with your friends, there is always the "zombies" game mode which can keep you hooked for days. Overall, the game is fun, and does have its downsides, but whats worse is that the PS3 version is filled with lag and glitches in multiplayer Expand
  55. Dec 26, 2011
    black ops is teryachs best cod yet it destroys world at war and it beats mw2 mainly due to mw2s sorry campaign its not bad but compared to the other cods poor. anyway black ops has a fantastic campaign and zombie mode is brilliant online its about even with mw2 but brilliant grahics action and a new different great protoganist i cant wait for black ops 2 in 2012
  56. Dec 25, 2011
    Call of Duty: Black Ops is another great entry in the classic shooter series. Let's get started.

Campaign: Modern Warfare 2 has a superior campaign, but it's still clever like the Call of Duty campaigns are. Multiplayer: It's always great, but becomes repetitive and the maps are not as good as they usualy are. But it's too addicting to say no, it's still great. Zombies: I love this,

Zombies: I love this, it's clever, updated, and I love the maps. I'd buy this game for Zombies alone.

Overall, it's another year another entry, but that IS a good thing, we always want more in this addictive series. It's quality is far higher than the horror of Private Nickels. -gags-
  57. Dec 22, 2011
    the campaign rocks ...................................multiplayer is good ............................zombies is addictive in the beginning but after some time its boring............................................................
  58. Dec 19, 2011
    Call of Duty polarises the gaming community. With the release of the original Modern Warfare it was first cool to love it, then as it's success spilled over into admittedly complacent sequels, hating on the franchise became the order of the day. Personally, I enjoy the accessible controls and fast pace of the games, yet I can still see the lack of innovation with each instalment, includingCall of Duty polarises the gaming community. With the release of the original Modern Warfare it was first cool to love it, then as it's success spilled over into admittedly complacent sequels, hating on the franchise became the order of the day. Personally, I enjoy the accessible controls and fast pace of the games, yet I can still see the lack of innovation with each instalment, including MW3. Black Ops, in my opinion, is a different beast. From the immediate presentation changes such as a faux interactive title screen to the revolution of the franchise's trademark levelling system, it's obvious Treyarch listened closely and attempted something different here. I think it was a bold move for this series and especially the "2nd developer" involved and I applaud them for it. The campaign alone is diverse and more narrative than ever, with an authentic Snake Eater-esque feel for the Cold War era.
    Multiplayer also delivers, with more customization and control over progression than ever before. The lack of exploits and glitchers online is also a welcome reprieve. Zombies I personally don't enjoy compared to other survival game modes but critical acclaim elsewhere speaks volumes for that. A genuine score.
  59. Dec 8, 2011
    I don't understand the reason for such negative reviews. Black Ops is a good game. It's fast paced, generally balanced, and more flexible than previous COD games. Does Black Ops still have some nitpicky issues? Yes, but overall, the game gave me the most fun I've had gaming since COD 4, and that's what counts right?
    ...
    Singleplayer is ok. The story is interesting and brings back Reznov
    ...
    Singleplayer is ok. The story is interesting and brings back Reznov from WAW. This is my main criticism. To connect the stories of the 2 games, I think more characters should have appeared. Namely, Polonsky should have returned as a Black Op. WAW's story already felt pretty detatched, and not bringing any characters back makes it feel even less connected. I will also say I really tried to play through on veteran, and specific chokepoints were just to hard. It's even worse than moments in COD 4. To be fair though, no COD game can match the greatness of COD 4.
    ...
    Multiplayer is where it counts, and Black Ops manages to deliver the COD experience with enough innovation to make me play it over the other games. The currency system is a love or hate kind of thing. I personally like the flexibility of buying the weapons and attachments I want. Contracts are unlikely to help you strike it rich, but are interesting to challenge yourself if nothing else. Weapon balance is a bit off at times. The Famas and AK74 are common sights due to their overpowered nature. Though, to be fair, 3arch has shown they are willing to fix their game, unlike IW MW2 disaster, and has patched the Famas to nerf its effectiveness. There's a 0 tolerance policy to cheating and boosting as well. Once you're reported, you're banned forever, and this is the main reason I prefer it over the other COD games infested with this scum.
    ...
    Zombies is fun as well. you only get 2 maps without DLC, but they're quite easily the most fun. The style is a lot different than WAW. You can't back into a dead-end and expect to make it far. It took me a while to get used to, and I still kinda suck, but it's so fun I have no complaints at all.
  60. Nov 21, 2011
    It's hard to appreciate how good and innovative this game really is until you go and play another online FPS. Before reading my review understand that this is the first Modern Warfare game I played. My previous online FPS experience comes from Unreal Tournament, Quake 3 and the Halo series.

I'm not a huge fan of single player games in general, but I have to say I have quite enjoyed the campaign so far. It does a very good job of setting the scene on drawing you in, and has a fair bit of variation which you really need in these sort of games.

The Innovations I spoke come in the multiplayer mode, and there are 2 that stand out, 2 that I believe are as important to the genre as Goldeneye made the analogue stick. The 1st is the instant replay of when you're killed. It's so frustrating in FPS games when you just seem to die for an unknown reason and sometimes you'll just assume it's a glitch or your own team killed you. Aside from adding a good tactical advantage of knowing where you were killed from, it also adds to piece of mind. The 2nd innovation the the levelling up system. In previous games I've played in Halo you just get a higher rank and get to change the look of your character, but in BlackOps (and I'd assume the rest of the series) you get to buy new weapons and perks for your character as well, adding a whole new reason to keep playing online. I'm sure this will be developed even further by future FPS developers.

A few annoyances of the game are that if you're playing on a small tv or in splitscreen mode it can be very hard to see people, and also the opposition look similar to yourself so you often just walk past someone on the same team as you before turning round and knifing wildly after realising who they also. Also the killstreak part of the game is a brilliant addition, but it does tend to make the good people great, and the bad people worse. Defeating someone who is better than you is hard enough when they don't have a helicopter at their disposal.
  61. Nov 21, 2011
    This is a fantastic game. The single player is immense and the multiplayer is the most wonderful thing I've played since the original CoD4 MW. The new MW3 feels like a predecessor compared to this game. Treyarch really know their stuff whereas it looks like Infinity Ward have become complacent.
  62. Nov 17, 2011
    awseome game, they really out did themselves.took cod to a whole new level in my opinion. great job ..everything frome the campaign to the zombies , to the multiplayer. each one is a own unique level of fun.what will yall do next?
  63. Nov 14, 2011
    Black Ops was pretty refreshing after MW2! I loved the customization they put in game! And Wager matches were cool addition too. Zombies were ok for me since I am not big fan of that. Graphically it's on pare with MW2. Story was pretty cool. If you missed this game You might wanna check it out now since it's cheaper!
  64. Nov 11, 2011
    It's now Nov of 2011 and the huge title MW3 was just released a few days ago....... and guess what...... It **** sucks!!!!! worst cod online experience yet! That's actually why i'm here right now on this Black Ops page...... I just wanted to say that I **** love Black Ops and that it **** all over not only MW1, MW2 and MW3, but Infinity Ward and that other CO. involved in thatIt's now Nov of 2011 and the huge title MW3 was just released a few days ago....... and guess what...... It **** sucks!!!!! worst cod online experience yet! That's actually why i'm here right now on this Black Ops page...... I just wanted to say that I **** love Black Ops and that it **** all over not only MW1, MW2 and MW3, but Infinity Ward and that other CO. involved in that disgrace of a cod game MW3! Treyarch I love you and really think that you should be the 1 and only developer involved in making COD games..... PERIOD!!! When you make Black Ops 2 which i'm sure you're in the process of doing now, please keep all the great things from Black Ops! Don't change it!!! Just make it better!!! Expand
  65. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is great. Whe i first started playing it I thought it was weak. After a while of getting use to it and after multiple updates, it developed into an awesome game! It is very balanced. The one thing they need to fix is spawn points. Its annoying, but not an issue.
  66. Nov 9, 2011
    Other than being able to play with bots with your friends this is the worst of the CODs.Multiplayer is stale and the story is so dull I never even finished it. Not really worth the money to be honest. Oh and I still have zombies.
  67. Nov 8, 2011
    While I do have fun overall with this game, the series is beginning to get stale. I'm starting to think that it is the same game repackaged with different box art and a slightly different story.
  68. Oct 13, 2011
    Nothing revolutionary. Yet nothing bad. Black ops delivers a good singleplayer campaign with a interesting story and a fun multiplayer experience. Not as ground breaking as Call of duty 4: Modern Warfare that's for sure.
  69. Oct 12, 2011
    Black ops.......mmm is a good game,no much mw1 is best the history of the campaign is good but no so good.His multiplayer AWESOME.Zombies=NO GOOD,dont have realism you cant get on of a table or other thinks but is good for my metascore=91
  70. Oct 3, 2011
    This game has super fun online! The story is not too great but we have MW2 for that! No no no, this game is all about zombies and online, which are both flawless, GREAT BUY!
  71. Sep 14, 2011
    We all know what to expect out of a COD game, so if you've played one then you know how it plays and feels. What it really boils down to is story, presentation, multiplayer, and level design.

The graphics are great, and the level design is incredible at times, but the story bounces around ALOT! You'll be all over the map, and not that it's a bad thing because one moment you're in a jungle, the next you're in the arctic on an abandoned ship.

The story has some very strange twists in it, think Fight club sort of. There are some great set piece battles to be had in this game, but the story is all over the place so it does get really hard to follow sometimes.

The multiplayer is where it's at for me in this game, and that's not usually the case for me in COD games, but with zombie modes and clever stage design, I found myself lost for hours in co-op and competitive online play.

It's not knocked out of the park though, let me explain. I had frequent bug problems in the campaign that really made me angry and had to play stages several times. There is a trophy for escaping a stage with 2 min. 15 sec. on the clock which I had to do almost 5 times to get it to register.

I also had a glitch/bug that I thought was part of the game that turned out to be one of the most disturbing and gruesome scenes I've ever seen in a game.

Without any spoilers, your players sanity seems to be in question at one point and I realized that. I entered an area of the game and there were dead bodies hanging all over the ceiling and from lights, even hanging on walls !

I was blown away! So I asked a friend who had played what he thought about that gruesome part, and he was totally baffled at what I was talking about when I explained it. So I went back to that part to show him, and it was totally different !

Glitches aside the game really is fun, it might not be totally as beautiful as MW2 is, but it's personality totally makes up for it. Black ops is one of those games you'll hear 2 extremes on, people either really like it, or really don't. Me I like it..flaws or not, it's fun and that's why I play.
  72. Aug 12, 2011
    Blacks Ops (PS3 version) is a cleaned CoD , with a ton of new stuff that are compelling. The multiplayer has nice pace , the gameplay is the same ( obviously) , the graphics downgraded but not bad , and the story is well made. You need to play it , to see if it fits well for you . Let's see if CoD can keep the fan base fresh fro the couple months with the MW3 announcement .
  73. Jul 29, 2011
    call of duty black ops has a suckier campaign than modern warfare one and two, however the online play is very fun and very addicting. it was ok
  74. Jul 26, 2011
    I think Single player mode in COD is the best. in multiplayer mode game have small number of cards. it's bad and they very small!! :)
  75. Jul 2, 2011
    I've been a CoD fan since CoD 4. That said, I know they have been releasing the same game for 4 years now (the only thing "changed" is the perks and killstreaks). To be honest, I didn't want this game but I got it as a gift because I am known to be a CoD fanatic.

I thought, "Here's the same game again". But I was surprised. The story is deep and epic, yet understandable. I believe this story is the best CoD story I have played. But to get more effect from the story, I suggest you play CoD: World at War first (it's cheap now). My only complaint of the story mode is that the AI can be retarded sometimes but it's fixed several patches later.

Now multiplayer. For better or worse, they took out the tactical nuke. The CoD points seem unnessessary, but you can just buy an attachment for your favourite gun immediately. And the Contracts. It's allows you to level up faster and get you more CoD points and it's a good implement. It's the same multiplayer for 4 years, but it's strangely fun and I'm actually willing to pay for more maps.

Zombies now. It's really cool and they have put in different enemies. But aside from that, there's nothing heavily changed from World at War.

For better or worse, it's the same game for 4 years but, I would still recommend this to any FPS lover and CoD fans. Then again, for some CoD fans, they would get bored because it's, well, the same game for 4 years. But whoever you are, you should at least rent it for the story and enjoy a little of the multiplayer. If you hate it for whatever reason, fine. But don't go preaching about how it sucks because IT DOES NOT SUCK. It has faults like every other game.
  76. Jun 16, 2011
    I really like CoD series but I prefer Modern Warfare, Black Ops have a good campaign but I think the multyplayer is boring. This time Treyarch has done a better job.
  77. Jun 1, 2011
    Funny how COD always turns into a love or hate it game. In not comparing it to any other titles, I find the game to be very good. The single player campaign is a little too linear for my taste and at times it's hard to figure out what is going on. The multiplayer on the other hand, is spectacular. Love the guns, the gamemodes, the perks, and most everything about it. Graphics areFunny how COD always turns into a love or hate it game. In not comparing it to any other titles, I find the game to be very good. The single player campaign is a little too linear for my taste and at times it's hard to figure out what is going on. The multiplayer on the other hand, is spectacular. Love the guns, the gamemodes, the perks, and most everything about it. Graphics are good, and gameplay is smooth. The drawbacks for me would probably be the fact that all the game modes seem to be very similar, but then again, how different can you make it when one team is killing a second team and vica-versa. Easily the most addicting game I have ever picked up. 16 playing days into it, I'm still loving it. And I LOVE The theatre mode! FPS fans have probably already tried COD and either love it or hate it. I find the multiplayer much more satisfying than MW2, and a must in any PS3 collection. Expand
  78. May 5, 2011
    I absolutely loved this game. There are just a few things that I didn't like as much as Modern Warfare 2. One thing is that the story in Modern Warfare was a bit better than this one's campaign, and Modern Warfare's made a bit more sense. Most of the guns in Black Ops are pretty amazing, but they are a bit over-powered, like the Stoner63 and Famas. But, I still like it better than ModernI absolutely loved this game. There are just a few things that I didn't like as much as Modern Warfare 2. One thing is that the story in Modern Warfare was a bit better than this one's campaign, and Modern Warfare's made a bit more sense. Most of the guns in Black Ops are pretty amazing, but they are a bit over-powered, like the Stoner63 and Famas. But, I still like it better than Modern Warfare 2. Expand
  79. May 3, 2011
    Great multiplayer and a variety of new zombie maps alone make this game worth playing. I liked the campaign, but again I felt it was rushed and too short. The graphics still don't hold a candle to the amazing level of detail in MW2, but they look decent. There are some overpowed weapons, but not too many. I still prefer WAW.
  80. Apr 22, 2011
    I love this game so much I think its so much better than the other shooters like homefront and battlefield you have to play this game its so good and I dont know why a lot of people hate on this game just because its good and the best selling game of all time maybe. This is why I hate user score on metacritic I know people make like 500 accounts just to give this a bad review well this isI love this game so much I think its so much better than the other shooters like homefront and battlefield you have to play this game its so good and I dont know why a lot of people hate on this game just because its good and the best selling game of all time maybe. This is why I hate user score on metacritic I know people make like 500 accounts just to give this a bad review well this is a good game. Expand
  81. Apr 22, 2011
    Below me are pretty much all the haters of this game that just make 500 accounts to give it a low score. I think this game is very good and if you have not played it like the other people who hate on this and give it a 0 you should play this ASAP!! It is so much fun I love the multiplayer so much it is very addicting and I can play this for hours. I think it beats the battlefield series by a lot.
  82. Apr 17, 2011
    My first Treyarch Call of Duty game. My opinion it's not up to the Infinity Ward level of COD game play. First of all, I did not care for the Single player game too much compared to the previous IW games. In addition, I'm not all that interested in the Zombie games that Treyarch offers. The Online Multiplayer is fun and the best feature of the game. Treyarch offer better statistic recordsMy first Treyarch Call of Duty game. My opinion it's not up to the Infinity Ward level of COD game play. First of all, I did not care for the Single player game too much compared to the previous IW games. In addition, I'm not all that interested in the Zombie games that Treyarch offers. The Online Multiplayer is fun and the best feature of the game. Treyarch offer better statistic records of you during your online play so you can better evaluate your performance. However, as a whole package the game ranks a little lower than the IW games. Expand
  83. Apr 17, 2011
    I used to be a great fan of the COD series, but however, even though the first few games where great titles, activision now just spits one out year after year as fast as they can to make profits, the overall gameplay hasnt changed much after an almost decade of the series, with insignificant things like zombies and currency thrown in every few titles to try to keep it fresh, Black opsI used to be a great fan of the COD series, but however, even though the first few games where great titles, activision now just spits one out year after year as fast as they can to make profits, the overall gameplay hasnt changed much after an almost decade of the series, with insignificant things like zombies and currency thrown in every few titles to try to keep it fresh, Black ops itself has a short singleplayer with a more or less confusing story, and multiplayer gets boring extremely fast, I am now looking forward to the battlefield series where innovation and gameplay is key Expand
  84. Apr 13, 2011
    This game is great but its not as good as MW2.The maps couldave been better like the ones in previous COD games.Without zombies this game wouldnt be as good.Zombies is the best part of the game by far.Overall, this game is really fun.
  85. Mar 30, 2011
    Black ops's multiplayer and online play is very good and fun to play. Not to mention Zombies is back and better than ever. World at War was very good but Black Ops is even better. Modern warfare 1 and 2 were such let downs. Im glad Black Ops is out to revive the series.
  86. Mar 24, 2011
    For Treyarch this is a significant step forward from World at War given the benchmark Infinity Ward have laid down with the CoD series, Black Ops doesn't quite reach those standards but they aren't too far away at all. Many gamers believe MW and MW2 are over-hyped and over-rated and they do have a point but the success MW has claimed is there for all to see. So no pressure then on BlackFor Treyarch this is a significant step forward from World at War given the benchmark Infinity Ward have laid down with the CoD series, Black Ops doesn't quite reach those standards but they aren't too far away at all. Many gamers believe MW and MW2 are over-hyped and over-rated and they do have a point but the success MW has claimed is there for all to see. So no pressure then on Black Ops? Black Ops is a solid shooter. It's well polished and does it exactly what it sets out to do. Single player mode focuses upon Alex Mason, who for the majority of the game is strapped to a chair, being interrogated about a sequence of numbers that they somehow believe will avert a global disaster. Its a bold idea and one that is largely successful, the missions are solid and the locations visited provide give some variety from Vietnam to Cuba. The campaign isn't the longest but is considerably better planned and executed. However the problem with Black Ops is online/multplayer. You consistently run into problems that prevent you from get going. Its a real shame because the wager mode was an interesting one and when you can experience it, is a great addition otherwise its the usual CoD but unfortunately you cant sample this reguarly enough! Rapping things up, Black Ops is a step in the right direction for Treyarch their storyline is both solid and engaging however they are let down by a lacklustrous and unreliable online mode that ultimately prevents it from its potential. Expand
  87. Mar 24, 2011
    This is one of my favorite COD game because of the campaign and the multi-player. The campaign is the best of the series and I mean it! The multi-player is good but not as good as MW2's. Great game!
  88. Mar 18, 2011
    What an absolute load of rubbish this game is, a complete waste of money. Treyarch have once again shown that they are a poor relative of Infinity Ward as every aspect fo this game is worse than the IW games, as was World at War. Let's just hope that Activision sort out their differences with IW for the next game. COD4 was excellent, as was MW2.
    With Black Ops, the graphics are awful,
    With Black Ops, the graphics are awful, the sound is dodgy, the maps are small and badly designed and it all feels a little bit too 'arcadey'. And the menu, upgrade and unlock facilities are atrocious.
    I love the COD games but I'd even take COD3 over this guff. Stick with MW2 or even COD4 and you'll be a lot happier and a lot more satisfied!
  89. Mar 17, 2011
    where to start....the campign is good and the graphics are good, cool story, cool characters, and utterly different from any other call of duty. the gameplay is tight, the guns handle well, all in all a great single player game. Mp however is a broke pile of garbage. it lags like theres no tomorrow, every time the game is patched it creates 10 new problems, theres severe balancing issues,where to start....the campign is good and the graphics are good, cool story, cool characters, and utterly different from any other call of duty. the gameplay is tight, the guns handle well, all in all a great single player game. Mp however is a broke pile of garbage. it lags like theres no tomorrow, every time the game is patched it creates 10 new problems, theres severe balancing issues, horrible servers...i could go on and on but i wont. when this game game out i was so excited. i loved everything about it! then they started patching the game and creating loop holes, and its there own fault. a public beta would have fixed 90 percent of these problems, but as usual activision refuses to do the logical thing! its an ok game. great story, terrible multiplayer. if you buy it remember your only buying 50% of a game Expand
  90. Mar 16, 2011
    This game is amazing! I mean it! The campaign is the best of the series and the multi-player is awesome! Go and pick this game up RIGHT NOW! I MEAN IT! GO! NOW!
  91. Mar 12, 2011
    A very great game, probably the best we've ever played! We think that Treyarch should make more COD games, no let-downs this time, just a normal action video game with story mode, multiplayer and a zombie game.
  92. Mar 9, 2011
    This game is fricken amazing! Halo what? Metal Gear what? Call of Duty Black Ops is the greatest game ever made. The single player campaign is simply spectacular, so much so that many times I was playing I forgot that I was playing a game and thought that I was watching a Hollywood blockbuster! Every character is expressive and convincing. By the time the game is done, you will care forThis game is fricken amazing! Halo what? Metal Gear what? Call of Duty Black Ops is the greatest game ever made. The single player campaign is simply spectacular, so much so that many times I was playing I forgot that I was playing a game and thought that I was watching a Hollywood blockbuster! Every character is expressive and convincing. By the time the game is done, you will care for all of them. Reznov is the epiphany of the word badass! The multiplayer is incredibly simple, but rewardingly difficult to master. It'll suck you in and you'll get thousands of hours out of this game. Expand
  93. Mar 2, 2011
    Call of Duty Black Ops, first I just want to say I am NOT a huge fan of Call of Duty and I only bought this game on a whim since I could not think of anything else I wanted at the time. Ok back to the review; I really underated this game, I actually found the Campaign Story of the game very interesting and kept me wanting to figure out want was going to happen next. As for the otherCall of Duty Black Ops, first I just want to say I am NOT a huge fan of Call of Duty and I only bought this game on a whim since I could not think of anything else I wanted at the time. Ok back to the review; I really underated this game, I actually found the Campaign Story of the game very interesting and kept me wanting to figure out want was going to happen next. As for the other gameplay mode; there is multi-player of course, which works very well and is pretty fun. The Zombie mode however is my favorite part of Black Ops. You get one Map when you first start, a 2nd one you unlock after you finish the campaign, and a Retro Dual Arcade Shooter style mode called "Dead Ops Arcade." In general however, to me anyway, There is no difference between this FPS or any other one for that matter. Still, I enjoyed this game, and I recommend it to people who are looking for a good FPS, but if you have any other Call of Duty game, just stick to the one you have or wait for a Price Drop. So to me, Call of Duty: Black Ops gets a 8 out of 10 Expand
  94. Feb 27, 2011
    Modern Warfare 2 was a great achievement, to say the least. An action-packed campaign, addictive multiplayer, cool guns... How could it get any better? With Black Ops, better is exactly the case. The campaign is shorter, but might be more exciting. Multiplayer is deeper; the new wager match mode is relly fun. And zombie mode is a fun ride with 3 other buddies. Flaws are few and farModern Warfare 2 was a great achievement, to say the least. An action-packed campaign, addictive multiplayer, cool guns... How could it get any better? With Black Ops, better is exactly the case. The campaign is shorter, but might be more exciting. Multiplayer is deeper; the new wager match mode is relly fun. And zombie mode is a fun ride with 3 other buddies. Flaws are few and far between, like occasional connection problems and resolution issues. Buy it, you'll be satisfied. Expand
  95. Feb 8, 2011
    Black Ops in it's own right is a fun game. The story is interesting and is full of memorable (extremelly explosive) set pieces. The online is alright... probably the best part, though I couldn't get into it. They've made it less user friendly than it used to be, now managing multiple types of currency and trying to figure out what stays and what doesnt after prestiging and such. None ofBlack Ops in it's own right is a fun game. The story is interesting and is full of memorable (extremelly explosive) set pieces. The online is alright... probably the best part, though I couldn't get into it. They've made it less user friendly than it used to be, now managing multiple types of currency and trying to figure out what stays and what doesnt after prestiging and such. None of the new stuff is explained in anyway, and the amount of new stuff is so little I was having trouble telling it apart from the last few. The graphics are simply... uglier, both on and offline. Jungle settings are muddy and its hard to tell what is human and what is a rock or tree, and thats without camo. In short Black Ops was doomed from the start. Having to follow the FPS behemoth known as Modern Warfare 2 and even worse having to try and top it. It's definetelly still worth a look, and is better than alot of the other 2010 shooters (Medal of Honor comes to mind). But I ended up returning it after a week or so to get bigger better games. If your one of the 3 people who havn't tried it yet, you may be better off waiting until Infinity Ward release their next addition to the franchise. Here's hoping Treyarch just stop with call of duty and go and make another awesome spiderman game. Spiderman 2 the game is still their masterpiece as far as i'm concerned. Expand
  96. Feb 8, 2011
    Before i start i would like to say that i give the game a 7.5. Okay so, This game's single-player mode is great. It has a good storyline, fantastic characters but horrible voice acting from Sam Worthington. The zombie mode on the other hand is a 9/10 it is so good i could play it for 6 hours a day with my friends and not get bored. But the multiplayer is however worse than MW2. TheBefore i start i would like to say that i give the game a 7.5. Okay so, This game's single-player mode is great. It has a good storyline, fantastic characters but horrible voice acting from Sam Worthington. The zombie mode on the other hand is a 9/10 it is so good i could play it for 6 hours a day with my friends and not get bored. But the multiplayer is however worse than MW2. The constant lag, connection interrupted all the time, mostly campers and annyoing people but i can't give the game bad review for that, it is just they could have worked on the multiplayer a little more to perfect it, the multiplayer is more like and Alpha or a Beta. So that is my review. If you love CoD, get MW2 or MW1. Expand
  97. Jan 27, 2011
    This game is so cool. the multiplayer is fenomenal. the compaine can bore me but usually you are having fun. best of the cod series. guns are cool and mods are too. buy if you like a 1st person shooter.
  98. Jan 26, 2011
    Awesome game I would recommend this game to every one. AND FOR EVERY ONE HOW DOESN'T LIKE THIS GAME thats your problem but i really like this game and would give it 100 out of 100
  99. Jan 22, 2011
    To be honest, this is the best game I have ever played and I did play MW2! Call of Duty Black Ops has a much better and more interesting story than Mw2. I don't want to reveal any spoilers, but one thing for sure is the story is EPIC!!! Another thing is the graphics, now the graphics may not be as good as Mw2's but they are by my standards pretty awesome. Now online. I can't really commentTo be honest, this is the best game I have ever played and I did play MW2! Call of Duty Black Ops has a much better and more interesting story than Mw2. I don't want to reveal any spoilers, but one thing for sure is the story is EPIC!!! Another thing is the graphics, now the graphics may not be as good as Mw2's but they are by my standards pretty awesome. Now online. I can't really comment on Mw2's online play, but Black Ops online multiplayer is ADDICTIVE!!!!!!! Even if your like me and die more than you kill, you should still be found having an awesome time. Another perk is Zombies which may be one of the smartest things to do since it was so successful in World at War. It is cool to play by yourself, with a friend, or online. This is THE best game I have ever played and according to intel, mail, and notes from the game (won't play spoiler to you), you can be expecting a Call of Duty Black Ops 2 announcment pretty soon!!! Expand
  100. Jan 21, 2011
    At this point, the worst thing about Black Ops is the worst thing about Call of Duty in general: it is getting stale. The series is almost becoming Tony Hawk. However, thanks to an excellent single player story, fun zombies, balanced and improved multiplayer, and great presentation, Black Ops is a noticeable step up from Modern Warfare 2. Sure, the campaign is still short, and it is stale,At this point, the worst thing about Black Ops is the worst thing about Call of Duty in general: it is getting stale. The series is almost becoming Tony Hawk. However, thanks to an excellent single player story, fun zombies, balanced and improved multiplayer, and great presentation, Black Ops is a noticeable step up from Modern Warfare 2. Sure, the campaign is still short, and it is stale, but Black Ops is at least worth a look. Expand

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Jan 25, 2011
    Call of Duty: Black Ops still represents one hell of a hefty package. It's bursting with hundreds of hours of entertainment that caters to every conceivable configuration of gamer out there, be they an adversarial gamer, a co-op connoisseur or a staunch offline soloist. [January 2011 p60]
  2. Jan 18, 2011
    By dint of obstinacy, Treyarch delivers probably its best with Black Ops Call of Duty to date - but probably not the best in the saga.
  3. Jan 16, 2011
    There are more highlights in the first two missions of Black Ops, then in Medal of Honor. The requirements of Treyarch seemed to be better, than in the past few years. They made an interesting setting. In addition, there's a nice zombie mode and an overwhelming multiplayer. No doubt, this is Treyarchs best Call of Duty ever!