2.6

1. Nov 5, 2013
    As one of the more ambitious Call of Duty titles, I expected a lot from this. The trailers, the demo, they made up room for something really big, something that would keep this milked franchise up and about, but no. It failed. Miserably.

Apparently, the only ace Call of Duty has against it's rival, Battlefield 4, is that it has a fairly decent campaign. It's fairly long, it has a handful of heartwrenching moments here and there, and the family dynamic is very present. The dog sections are also fun, obviously tearing someone's face apart has always been fun. Character development is also alright, I guess, and the voice actors are goddamn good. Stephen Lang, Brandon Routh, Kevin Gage, three very established Hollywood actors. They never failed for once. However, that doesn't really change the fact that the game lacks of innovation. That it's still the same rehashed game, with slightly improved graphics and, oh, a dog. The multiplayer is about the same, and the Levolution-like feature they decided to implement barely makes any difference. The size of the objects you could bring down in Battlefield 4 was huge, like skyscraper huge, while the only objects you can bring down in Call of Duty are a pile of logs, a lamp post, and a gas station.

Overall, Call of Duty is a half-decent game. However, I still suggest you don't get it immediately and wait until the price drops. If you're a FPS fan, save your money for Shadow Fall which is coming recently.
  2. Aug 27, 2014
    By far the worse CoD. Usually i tend to love the same formula when it's a good one. This time around Infinity Ward created a bland and confusing campaign and the Online...
    STORY AND CHARACTERS: Confusing and very unbalanced...
    PRESENTATION: Well, as good as ever. If it was for the presentation i'll give my usual 9 to the CoD series. GAMEPLAY: Same as PRESENTATION. ONLINE: What is this?
    STORY AND CHARACTERS: Confusing and very unbalanced...
    GAMEPLAY: Same as PRESENTATION.
    ONLINE: What is this? IW picked up the (great) idea of Treyarch pick 10 system and they managed to build a very confusing progression system. The maps were all pretty forgetable. Undoubtedly the worse online experience to the CoD series. And character selection? Drop it please!
    They better get i right the next time. I was expecting highly of Ghosts especially after the excellent BO2 but Infinity Ward f***** up this time.
  3. Dec 26, 2013
    Being a fan of Call of Duty myself, I had started playing around the time of Black Ops 2. However, I started with World at War and have been making my way up. After the great improvement in multiplayer from Black Ops 2, I was expecting Ghosts to bring great improvements to the series. However upon playing the multiplayer, I was torn between sides. Although I did appreciate the ability toBeing a fan of Call of Duty myself, I had started playing around the time of Black Ops 2. However, I started with World at War and have been making my way up. After the great improvement in multiplayer from Black Ops 2, I was expecting Ghosts to bring great improvements to the series. However upon playing the multiplayer, I was torn between sides. Although I did appreciate the ability to customize the characters, many things were odd to me. The largest sources being the small amount of killstreaks and the miniscule 6 man teams I did not realize until now how odd a match can feel with a few players. There were some things that I enjoyed though. I found the graphics to be a great improvement over Black Ops 2, and I did enjoy the much smoother player movements with the slide and easy lean out of cover. I played Battlefield 4 before this and I am glad to find a much easier leaning mechanic. I also found the campaign to be enjoyable up until the end. Warning the ending is open and most likely means there will be a Ghosts 2, and hopefully they improve these mistakes. I also have noticed a few bugs such a a friendly freezing in place with his arms stuck out like a hidden in Garry's Mod Prop Hunt, however it fixed itself quickly. Simply put.

Story: 7
    Presentation: 8
    Multiplayer: 5
    Co-op: 7
    Weapons: 8
    Total: 7
  4. May 3, 2014
    I have waited for so long for that game and when i tried it i was so disappointed about it.There was a lot of good critics about it,so i wanted to buy it.The graphics of the guns are really ugly and the gold colour ew!The campaign is actually pretty good but the online play is just really weird ant the modes are not good at all.
  5. May 31, 2014
    The campaign is good
    But the multiplayer sometimes is really slow and tha maps are huge
    The mechanics of the game for me are good enough but the multiplayer is still without dedicated servers and with such powerful guns the connection can be devastating for the experience At last if its your first cod you will have fun but if you have been playing cod for a long time you will find out
    The campaign is good
    But the multiplayer sometimes is really slow and tha maps are huge
    At last if its your first cod you will have fun but if you have been playing cod for a long time you will find out soon enough that this the worst cod ever made
  6. Sep 6, 2014
    Well, lets get started on ghosts, The story sucked ass... Lets be honest, The graphics where better than black ops 2 but pretty damn crap considering when this game was made. The Multi-player was fun for an hour, the only fun thing I find doing on it is on local split screen, me and my friend verses 10 enemy bots, the max of bots you can have.
  7. Sep 5, 2014
    The game feel like a stepback from previous titles, because you really miss things like muting all players just my pressing SQUARE + X, camos for your all your secondary camos, including diamond camos and the new "3D moving" DLC camos Afterlife and Weaponized 115. The Campaign was O.K, but still felt like a stepback because of the different ending that Black Ops II had.

BO2 was a much

BO2 was a much better game in my opinion, there you felt like a badass soldier with rock music playing in the background and you just run around kicking ass. That's the Call of Duty people miss, Ghosts is slow and unfair, because when you have such a low TTK everything will rely on who's got the best connection. If you for example play a game in Europe together with a host from the US, you will have a very bad time playing.

Ghosts is playable, don't get me wrong, but it's much less noob-friendly than previous games so if you are between noob and above average you will have a hard time playing against pro players. If you are really, really good at COD, you might want to buy this, but still, I think you should wait until the price drops. This game isn't worth $59 at the moment.
  8. Nov 5, 2013
    Why can't I learn my lesson? Every year its the same game, yet I never care until two months after I buy the game. I can't give this game any higher score than a 5. Graphically it's pretty much the same, same engine being used but with some better lighting effects. I started the single player and after 10 minutes I stopped and had enough, I didn't buy the game for its single player. NowWhy can't I learn my lesson? Every year its the same game, yet I never care until two months after I buy the game. I can't give this game any higher score than a 5. Graphically it's pretty much the same, same engine being used but with some better lighting effects. I started the single player and after 10 minutes I stopped and had enough, I didn't buy the game for its single player. Now for the online review. Not much lag, which is nice but connecting to rooms has been an issue, as always. The game has more customizations available but honestly I could care less. The online play is the same old fast shooter loaded full of pre-pubescence kids trying to my mother while dropping the N word every other sentence. Its annoying. This game deserves a 5/10. Same different year. Goodbye COD. Expand
  9. Feb 2, 2014
    Ghost is Call of Duty's last leg. The campaign is very good and well executed. However, the multiplayer gets boring after a while and is nothing special. Any other game mode I didn't mention is also bad, starting with the fact that I can't even remember what it is called. Bad sign.
  10. Nov 20, 2013
    Wont say its a great game... single player experience was disappointing.. feels like the old modern warfare or black ops... extinction was good idea but only 1 map... gets bored soon... multiplayer is ok... but the spawns need to be fixed... is too chaotic... i like the new reward system though...
  11. Nov 5, 2013
    The commercials for this game were way more exciting than the real thing. First, let me start off by saying that I did not get the opportunity to test the online multiplayer, I only experienced the offline multiplayer along with extinction and the campaign. I do realize most consumers purchase the series for the online and could not care less about the offline features, however, the onlineThe commercials for this game were way more exciting than the real thing. First, let me start off by saying that I did not get the opportunity to test the online multiplayer, I only experienced the offline multiplayer along with extinction and the campaign. I do realize most consumers purchase the series for the online and could not care less about the offline features, however, the online experience should not determine the fate of any game. If I could have just as much fun playing a 5 year old Call of Duty with my buddies online as I would this, then there isn't much new to compare.

For the offline features, three of my friends and I were immediately disappointed to find that offline co-op was limited to only two players. This came as a surprise, considering the four-person offline multiplayer and four-person zombies in 2012's Black Ops 2. Overall, the new class building system along with the create-a-character were nice additions, but it was a shame that four of us could not play at once. The inclusion of bots a la Black Ops were a nice addition, and the ability to have 12 total players was a nice improvement from the 10 total from Black Ops 2 offline. I just wish one more thing brought over from BO2 was the four person experience.

Like every other Infinity Ward Call of Duty, the campaign is convoluted and linear, My friends and I only played for about 2 hours into it, occasionally switching off upon deaths, and we unanimously agreed that the story was just not all that interesting. Granted again, no one really buys the COD games for the story, it's just a shame that it could not build upon the additions from last year's game.

Lastly, Extintion is perhaps the most ambitious (and 'new'!) feature in Call of Duty: Ghosts. However, if you're at all familiar with the 'Zombies' adventures from previous Treyarch titles, Extinction will not be nearly as fun or satisfying. The PS3 version feels gimped as a next-gen title, often looking muddier and chunkier than even Black Ops 2.

Not once does this game exceed my expectations; the story is just as linear and confusing as ever, Extinction is a creative yet failed attempt at succeeding 'Zombies', the offline multiplayer experience is terribly limited by the ability to only play with two players although the new changes in the class system are really a nice touch, and lastly the overall graphics and feel of the PS3 version feel heavy and less-than-stellar. I give this game a 5/10.
  12. Nov 17, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts was a huge disappointment. The multiplayer is the same with a few tweaks, the Squads mode is fun but it gets boring after a while. The campaign is okay, their are some good parts like when you play as the dog Ryley and the ending is great, but the rest of the game feels rushed and boring. The Extinction mode really surprised me, it is the best thing about this game, inCall of Duty: Ghosts was a huge disappointment. The multiplayer is the same with a few tweaks, the Squads mode is fun but it gets boring after a while. The campaign is okay, their are some good parts like when you play as the dog Ryley and the ending is great, but the rest of the game feels rushed and boring. The Extinction mode really surprised me, it is the best thing about this game, in my opinion it is better than the zombies mode in the Treyarch games. The thing that really bothered me about this game is that the graphics dont even look improved, even Black Ops 2 looks better than this game, it looks the same as Modern Warfare 3 and that game came out in 2011. I wouldint recommend buying this game at full price, but if you do buy it on the Playstation 4 or Xbox One. Overall Score 68/100 Expand
  13. Nov 9, 2013
    Another year, another Call of Duty. This time Infinity Ward is up to bat, and they take more than a few pages from the Treyarch handbook. A new four-player co-op mode with a crazy theme, a pick ten and currency system for multiplayer, and a campaign that has characters and a story that you can (mostly) follow. All of this sounds great, and this is truly the most ambitious Call of Duty toAnother year, another Call of Duty. This time Infinity Ward is up to bat, and they take more than a few pages from the Treyarch handbook. A new four-player co-op mode with a crazy theme, a pick ten and currency system for multiplayer, and a campaign that has characters and a story that you can (mostly) follow. All of this sounds great, and this is truly the most ambitious Call of Duty to come from Infinity Ward, but somewhere along the way they botched everything making this the worst COD since Modern Warfare 2.

The campaign just plain sucks. It's got a great story even if it can get a bit muddled at times, and the characters are fantastic. I truly came to care about Logan and Hesh and despised the main antagonist. However everything falls short from a gameplay perspective. Firefights are tedious, some sections just feel like they are on rails, and level design can be horrendous. All of this makes for a campaign that's just no fun to play, which is disappointing considering how good it all sounded when I heard about it. But no one buys COD for the campaign, they buy it for the multiplayer, which unfortunately fall short as well.

It's clear that Infinity Ward did at least try to add some changes to the established multiplayer formula. They did it by borrowing the currency and pick 10 system from the two Black Ops games and adding their own twists. These additions don't save the game, but they end up being better than nothing. they also added larger maps, which somehow end up managing to be too large for their own good. Thanks to the increased size of the maps there are long stretches that you'll spend looking for someone to kill, rather than actually killing someone. It also makes death feel a little cheap when someone kills you not by skill, but simply because they were lucky enough to stumble up on you before you could stumble up on them. Some new modes are added but they end up being throwaway and you'll most likely stick with the regular established modes. All in all multiplayer still provides some minor thrills at times, but all these new changes end up hurting the experience rather than helping it.

The games new attention on co-op modes is great, outside of the lame "Squads" mode that is really only worth playing if you're new to COD multiplayer. Where Infinity Ward manages to strike gold is with it's new "Extinction" mode. This new four-player cooperative mode takes notes from Treyarch's popular zombies mode and has you fighting waves of aliens while completing various objectives. It's the best part of the game and you can spend hours playing it with friends.

In the end though one good mode can't save the overall package. It can be tedious to play at times, and the new changes can't shake the feeling of deja vu and end up hurting the overall experience. The campaign is dull and tedious. The multiplayer is is dated and the dog killstreak is overpowered. The cooperative mode is good but can't save the game. This is a huge disappointment and feels like a step back for a series that needs to move forward in order to keep fans. It really is the worst COD in years.
  14. Nov 9, 2013
    Campaign- Generic Story, Terrible voice acting, Awful dialogue and took me 4 hours to beat.

Squads- Nothing innovative here, it's essentially combat training with smarter AI. Extinction- Actually had fun for a while but it got old fast. It's no zombies. Multiplayer- Easily the worst in the series. The map design in this game is awful but don't get me wrong, there are some maps I

Extinction- Actually had fun for a while but it got old fast. It's no zombies.

Multiplayer- Easily the worst in the series. The map design in this game is awful but don't get me wrong, there are some maps I like. You have no time to react when shot, you die VERY quickly. S&D, CTF and Hardpoint are gone for whatever reason and those were the only game modes I found enjoyable.

Infinity Ward doesn't care about their fans, that's why they release the same game over and over. I'll stick with the Treyarch CoDs', they actually innovate and try new things.
  15. Nov 17, 2013
    First some background which might help other readers who are unsure of whether to buy this game some context. I'm a big fan of Call of Duty Multi-player and have played them all since COD4 and have prestige capped most of them. I generally play Domination or Demolition and am aggressive at going after the objective (and I can't stand people who play objective game modes and ignore theFirst some background which might help other readers who are unsure of whether to buy this game some context. I'm a big fan of Call of Duty Multi-player and have played them all since COD4 and have prestige capped most of them. I generally play Domination or Demolition and am aggressive at going after the objective (and I can't stand people who play objective game modes and ignore the objective)! I generally get ~10 caps a game on Dom and maintain a >1 KD ratio I am not pro or elite by any means, just an amateur who plays for fun.

Of the previous games my favourites in order from best to worst are: Black Ops, Black Ops 2, World at War, COD4 (I played this one the least), MW2, MW3.

Perhaps it's just the way I play, maybe it's because I play objective base game modes, but I never quite gel with Infinity Ward COD games.

So here we go, first the worst stuff (all in just my opinion other opinions are available!):

- The maps. The maps are huge! I mean really massive, it feels like playing Battlefield and you're expecting to see other players in maps. It takes ages to run from one side to another, it's like a military marathon simulator! I understand that nextgen consoles (PS4 and Xbox One) will support 9v9 in COD Ghosts and the maps are probably fine for 18 players. But they are way too big for 12, which means that Activision and IW have really short changed their loyal fan base on current gen consoles. Also I'm not sure why there is no 9v9 game mode previous CODs had Ground War which supported 18 players, it really feels like developer laziness to me.
    - No tactical insertion. I realise that this is a matter of choice, but I love the tac insert and when you’re playing objective game modes, I think it’s a must have on your loadout. However couple the huge maps with no tac insert and domination becomes a very dull game mode. Spawn at the back of the map, run for ages across the daft huge map towards B which you are losing to the opposition, get sniped by an unseen sniper, sigh and repeat…
    - No EMP grenade. There is a “9 Bang” which concusses enemy equipment, but you then still need to go and take the sentry gun or whatever out and I think the 9 Bang is so named because it takes 9 minutes to fully arm, by which time you have generally been killed.
    - No Ping Lag indicator on the score screen. I have also maintained that if you have a good ping, you’re going to have a good gaming experience. With all COD games (even my favourites) this has been a mixed experience as games are hosted on a players’ PS3 so sometimes you can have a great ping and other times awful but at least you could see how bad your ping was and then act accordingly. You might choose to leave if it doesn’t get better or play more defensively. In Ghosts IW Activision have simply removed the ping meter in a huge backwards step. Now you can’t see how bad things are!
    - No Theatre Mode! What?? Why? This is just total laziness there is no reason to remove this feature.
    - The minimap now seems to be all but useless. The new stackable UAV (Satcom) system means that there is generally nothing to see on the map. The UAV has always been a hugely powerful killstreak and in Ghosts it has been nerfed in a horrid way.

On the positive side, I have enjoyed:

- The hit detection hit box seems better than other CODs.
    - The gunplay is good and plays a lot like COD4.
    - There are some interesting decent gameplay modes.
    - The player setup, amount of options and sheer number of perks available is impressive.
    - The Squads mode and Extinction modes are both fun.
    - I’ve heard single player campaign is ok but I never bother with COD campaigns.

Overall if you’re a sniper or a camper this is a good COD for you. Also if you’re a very fast twitchy player that can run and gun with a high KD and you have a good net connection, then you will probably enjoy this.

Also I think the experience may be slightly different on nextgen consoles with 9v9 modes.

Personally this is the last Infinity Ward COD I will be buying, this and MW3 have been hugely disappointing for me. From now on I will be buying a COD every other year when Treyarch brings one out ;-)

Hope this review is helpful.
  16. Nov 20, 2013
    I am a Big COD Online player, Conclusion Online Ghost is very bad... Maps to big, weapons bad.. engine is exactly the same as MW3 (that was also a very bad Online game) My Opinion is Black Ops all the Way!!
    Black op 1 and 2 was the best online shooters of all Plz gamers continue to play Black Ops 2 so I am!!
  17. Nov 26, 2013
    Personally I loved every other Call of Duty, generally all had a relatively good campaign, good multiplayer, and good graphics for their generation, but this one seems to fall back on dedicated fans to simply buy the game because its the newest edition in the long run of COD games. The campaign is lazy, simply using this as a basis for a sequel, Also moving into the general title andPersonally I loved every other Call of Duty, generally all had a relatively good campaign, good multiplayer, and good graphics for their generation, but this one seems to fall back on dedicated fans to simply buy the game because its the newest edition in the long run of COD games. The campaign is lazy, simply using this as a basis for a sequel, Also moving into the general title and belief that you might act like a "ghost", its just wrong, this game has less stealth than Left for Dead simply run in and shoot is not only the best option but your only option (excluding a few remote control devices and a drone. The drone is the dog Riley. There is no emotional attachment to the characters willing me to play on to 'see what happens'. and the multiplayer just isn't as action packed as its predecessors using maps which are far too open for anything intriguing to happen, probably just trying to show off next gen hardware. The only redeeming quality is that it is from the COD franchise and you can still have a bit off fun with friends, but for the solo gamer I would avoid it like the plague. Expand
  18. Nov 30, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts lived up to my expectations (Which were low) ,It had some Good and Bad things to the game.

Campaign: Was Mediocre I won't spoil anything but I have to say that it's not that exciting,plus gotta love how they say Fish A.I is next gen. Multiplayer: Nothing to special, If you liked MW3 You're definitely gonna love this part of the game my first reaction "MW3 with a

Multiplayer: Nothing to special, If you liked MW3 You're definitely gonna love this part of the game my first reaction "MW3 with a paint job :)"
    (Loved the trailer for multiplayer probably because of Eminem-Survival).

Extinction/ Sqauds: Saved the game for me. NUFF SAID

Verdict: 5/10
  19. Dec 22, 2013
    I have a lot of mixed emotions about this game. It just seems like there is so much bullcrap. There are very few hit-markers, which isnt so bad, but there is absolutely no chance for you if you get shot from the side or from behind. And then the dogs.. 5-kill streak, you get a dog, and that thing is so annoying.. i play this game daily and it seems like its getting worse as the days go by.I have a lot of mixed emotions about this game. It just seems like there is so much bullcrap. There are very few hit-markers, which isnt so bad, but there is absolutely no chance for you if you get shot from the side or from behind. And then the dogs.. 5-kill streak, you get a dog, and that thing is so annoying.. i play this game daily and it seems like its getting worse as the days go by. I would not recommend this game to a friend. Expand
  20. Mar 7, 2014
    The game isn't as bad as many people are saying. Some drastic improvements have been made, during in game, they've worked on weapon balance, spawns, etc.

But even though they tried COD: Ghost is still yet another game like the rest of the Call of Duty series, It's been copy and pasted, and given a few improvements. I played a decent amount of the game, but after about 4-5 hours

I played a decent amount of the game, but after about 4-5 hours online I began to find that the game is just to repetitive, which now it's just left with the rest of the games I got bored of.

COD: Ghost could have been an awesome game! But again the developers got lazy, and just stayed to the same formula(Which is good yes! But after 5 or 6 of the same games with the exact same formula, it's time for an improvement! In example: Valve does a good job with keeping the same formula, but making each of there games fascinating at the same time) In all, I suggest you just wait until the price drops, since $60 is way over priced for a game that's only been slightly improved.
  21. Mar 18, 2014
    I'm not going to sigh in disgust at a game that presents itself fairly well and provides a good few hours of entertainment. And that's where it falls of its pedestal. After trying the multiplayer demo over the weekend the thrill had gone and I had no desire to carry on with the multiplayer. I found that when I was about to go back on it I was asking myself "why are you not playingI'm not going to sigh in disgust at a game that presents itself fairly well and provides a good few hours of entertainment. And that's where it falls of its pedestal. After trying the multiplayer demo over the weekend the thrill had gone and I had no desire to carry on with the multiplayer. I found that when I was about to go back on it I was asking myself "why are you not playing Assassin's Creed or Battlefield". In other words what this game needs to do well is no other games in the entire world that are good. Then I'll play it again. But until that fateful day there are just too many other good alternatives to distract me. Some may say to do the single player campaign, but from the perspective of a guy who's played every CoD campaign since Finest Hour, I find myself asking "How different can this one really be?". Oh the enemies are speaking Brazilian? Yawn. At first they were speaking German, then Russian, then German again, then English. Some re-textured enemies are not going to convince me to fork out £40 on a mediocre (at best) game. And the campaigns all have the same structure. Lot's of death, a big explosion, another big explosion, a big gun you get to play with for 30 seconds and to finish off the level a big death filled explosion. Pretty much anything that will attract the attention of any adolescent teenager within a five mile radius. It's silly, over the top action that you could get from an 80's movie. Now, I'm not saying by any means that Battlefield 4's single player is any better because it's not. Or the fact that Assassin's Creed 4's multiplayer is better, because it's not. But switch them around and you have two longer term alternatives (AC4 offers a breath taking single player experience and Battlefield has enough of a reputation online to speak for itself). Ghosts is an average game and in a market where there are not stunning, ground breaking games coming out on a regular basis, I just don't see the appeal in a game where the main new feature is women followed by fish that get out of your way... Expand
  22. Mar 27, 2014
    Objectively it's a good game. It's fun and anyone can pick it up and have fun playing it because it's so simple. However that is one of its main issues. The game can get repetitive and boring after a while of playing online and the campaign is too easy it feels like i'm strapped into a roller coaster. It's a nice how you can be going guns blazing at one point in space and then go allObjectively it's a good game. It's fun and anyone can pick it up and have fun playing it because it's so simple. However that is one of its main issues. The game can get repetitive and boring after a while of playing online and the campaign is too easy it feels like i'm strapped into a roller coaster. It's a nice how you can be going guns blazing at one point in space and then go all silent spec ops killing dudes quietly, but I feel as if though I got no control. It feels like if it's all done for me and i'm just supposed to watch. It's too linear and scripted. The story is a bit weird too. I feel as though i'm the bad guy. I mean the U.S builds a doomsday device in space and the world is supposed to do nothing while the U.S. has a doomsday device hanging over everyone's heads. Also the countries fighting you have a good reason to fight you. They had been oppressed, impoverished, and exploited by the U.S for years. This game just feel like a cliche patriotic xenophobic movie like Rockie IV. Expand
  23. Apr 9, 2014
    To be honest,I had high expectations for this game but it went down the drain. The maps are too damn big and the storyline seems stupid if they're not making another ghost cod ghost 2. There's also a lot of glitches. But the multiplayer is sort of fun. That's why I rated this a 5,not a 2 or 3.
  24. Jul 2, 2014
    There's so many things wrong with this multiplayer gameplay & that unwanted PS3 version of extinction. The campaign really impressed me all the way though.
  25. Aug 9, 2014
    This is perhaps the worst game in Call of Duty history. Despite an improvement in Multiplayer functions, "Ghosts" singleplayer is the same Linear based formula that got old after Black Ops. It's Extinction Mode is clearly derivative, seemingly ripping off Treyarch's Zombie Mode, and incorporating themes from the "Alien" series of movies into the game. The DLC is whimsical and stupid, andThis is perhaps the worst game in Call of Duty history. Despite an improvement in Multiplayer functions, "Ghosts" singleplayer is the same Linear based formula that got old after Black Ops. It's Extinction Mode is clearly derivative, seemingly ripping off Treyarch's Zombie Mode, and incorporating themes from the "Alien" series of movies into the game. The DLC is whimsical and stupid, and not worth the money. You'd be better off buying Battlefield 4, because I guarantee you will be disappointed by this lackluster title to the Call of Duty franchise. Expand
  26. Nov 5, 2013
    This year had alot of ups and downs. Call of duty ghosts are right in the middle of this. Call of duty has great multiplayer and classes, but the maps are way too big and the game itself is too complex for most of the gamers. We don't want a game where you've got to research to find a good class, it is all about the gameplay. Also, single player was a disappointment. The whole campaignThis year had alot of ups and downs. Call of duty ghosts are right in the middle of this. Call of duty has great multiplayer and classes, but the maps are way too big and the game itself is too complex for most of the gamers. We don't want a game where you've got to research to find a good class, it is all about the gameplay. Also, single player was a disappointment. The whole campaign lasts 5 hours (Which is longer than battlefield 4's single player, where that campaign lasted 4 hours)! Overall, Call of duty is not the best of the franchise, but is a enjoyable game. Expand
  27. Dec 28, 2013
    Another year, another Call of Duty. Let's make this clear: Ghosts does NOT suck, yet it isn't the best CoD; not even close. The campaign was just mindless fun, like the previous campaigns, yet I was disappointed overall, as the trailers had more emotion than the story itself. Characters could have been developed more. One reviewer said that this is the longest campaign in the series, yetAnother year, another Call of Duty. Let's make this clear: Ghosts does NOT suck, yet it isn't the best CoD; not even close. The campaign was just mindless fun, like the previous campaigns, yet I was disappointed overall, as the trailers had more emotion than the story itself. Characters could have been developed more. One reviewer said that this is the longest campaign in the series, yet it lasted for 5-hours, again like the previous games.

Now onto the multiplayer, which everyone is mainly concerned about. Aside from customizing your own soldier, there is nothing really new. It's the same multiplayer. And what I hate is that everything is available for use, as long as your gather up enough points. What happened to this weapon being unlocked at this level, etc?

Extinction mode is also fun, but it can't save the entire package.

In the end, Ghosts is not bad, but not good. And it certainly isn't worth $60. I only got it because my bro got it for Christmas. If he didn't want it, I wouldn't have got it either. Wait for the price drop.
  28. Nov 7, 2013
    Ghost is definitely a low point in the Call of Duty series. The gameplay has been slowed down tremendously die to the bigger maps. The maps are designed well, they just are to big for the amount of players on the field. The weapons feel decent and the controls are the same but it just doesn't have the COD fast paced gameplay that the series is known for. Overall I give it a 7.
  29. Nov 5, 2013
    I played this game in Local play in which i always do for every call of duty to check out guns and maps and stuff. The game isnt that bad i would say. I always loved the format that MW2 and MW3 had. Glad they changed from that BO2 garbage. But the Graphics are just bad man. But you have to realize the game was not meant to be released for PS3. And i still dont get why people would rate aI played this game in Local play in which i always do for every call of duty to check out guns and maps and stuff. The game isnt that bad i would say. I always loved the format that MW2 and MW3 had. Glad they changed from that BO2 garbage. But the Graphics are just bad man. But you have to realize the game was not meant to be released for PS3. And i still dont get why people would rate a cod game without them adding any patches yet. You duty players should know this by now Jesus.

Didnt try the story yet but im not that big of a call of duty story fanatic. I just do them for the trophies and thats it.

O yea and by the way......the scorestreaks look like they are going to be really OP. Hopefully its not as bad as I think they are going to be.
  30. Nov 20, 2013
    Uurgh! Another year, another COD game. There was a time when the release of a new COD game felt special and exciting but that time has long since passed. What you're getting here is the usual overly chaotic and short single player campaign complete with a constant bombardment of jingoistic nonsense and military jargon that attempts and fails to add meaning and gravitas to the reason you'reUurgh! Another year, another COD game. There was a time when the release of a new COD game felt special and exciting but that time has long since passed. What you're getting here is the usual overly chaotic and short single player campaign complete with a constant bombardment of jingoistic nonsense and military jargon that attempts and fails to add meaning and gravitas to the reason you're murdering hundreds and hundreds of enemy soldiers. It's a decent FPS sure, as most of the COD series has been, but there just aren't enough new ideas to justify buying what is essentially the same game EVERY year.

It's the same with annual sports games: if you feel like you're getting your money's worth here then go for it, though most people probably won't. If you're a die hard COD fan (of which the number of these is steadily and thankfully dwindling) you've probably already bought this. If it's been a few years since your last COD, and you feel like dipping back in, then this is as decent an entry in the series as you're likely to get, just don't expect to feel like you've missed much, because you haven't.

As far as the multi-player goes, which to be fair is the main reason you should buy a COD game, I don't think it's ever felt as stale, with a notable lack of changes or new ideas, but again, you have no reason to be surprised or disappointed with what you're playing here. The user score for this particular entry is extremely low, and I feel this is as even the die hard fans are catching on that they're not really getting anything new anymore. I've tried to balance the score for this entry on its own individual merits and as part of an annual series. Yeah! AmErIcA! Everyone is our enemy! Whoo! Inside U.S. good! Outside BAAAAAD!
  31. Nov 6, 2013
    I've been a faithful COD fanboy until now. Maps are way TOO BIG! Only marathon will get you back into the fight long enough before the game time runs out. I've never played so many COD games where the time expires before the game objectives are completed. If I wanted large maps I would have gone with BF4. Also, the level-up experience based on squad points is frustrating to say theI've been a faithful COD fanboy until now. Maps are way TOO BIG! Only marathon will get you back into the fight long enough before the game time runs out. I've never played so many COD games where the time expires before the game objectives are completed. If I wanted large maps I would have gone with BF4. Also, the level-up experience based on squad points is frustrating to say the least. I found myself getting upset and bored accumulating just a few squad points each game only to find out that I still couldn't afford the outrageously priced perk, gun, attachments, kill-streak, additional weapon class, etc, that I was looking forward to. Among other frustrating details, all-in-all, this game might quickly be replaced by BF4. At least they have vehicles that get you back in the fight. Collapse

1. Nov 18, 2013
    COD players, myself included, will still play Ghosts for the sake of having 20 or so new maps to play on over the course of the year, but in a franchise that’s the same year after year with slight changes, it’s reasonable to expect things to materially improve, not to take even a small step backwards.
  2. Nov 14, 2013
    After loving the campaign in Black Ops 2, the single player in Ghosts feels like a step back for the series. The campaign felt tiresome, familiar, predictable and linear. The multiplayer on the other hand, saves the day as the tweaks to the gameplay and the new games modes make this the best multiplayer COD experience to date.
  3. Nov 12, 2013
    It's a generally by-the-numbers excursion through big-budget wartime set pieces that, due to an unavoidable air of familiarity, wares out its welcome much quicker than it should.