Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 PlayStation 3

3.2

1. Jan 30, 2012
    Copy/Paste, Copy/Paste, Copy/Paste, Copy/Paste, Copy/Paste, Copy/Paste, Copy/Paste, Copy/Paste, Copy/Paste, Copy/Paste, Copy/Paste, Copy/Paste, Copy/Paste, Copy/Paste, Copy/Paste, Copy/Paste, Copy/Paste, Copy/Paste, Copy/Paste, Copy/Paste, Copy/Paste.

well im doing the same like ACTIVISION
  2. Mar 9, 2012
    There is only one good thing about this game, it keeps f***wit gamers and racist truck-driver-mouthed twelve-year-olds away from playing games that actually have effort put into them. This pile of excrement was an atrocity against all gamers who don't play **** ****ty game. Black-ops' graphics were better than this crap!! the game play is the same as every other COD clone, the MultiplayerThere is only one good thing about this game, it keeps f***wit gamers and racist truck-driver-mouthed twelve-year-olds away from playing games that actually have effort put into them. This pile of excrement was an atrocity against all gamers who don't play **** ****ty game. Black-ops' graphics were better than this crap!! the game play is the same as every other COD clone, the Multiplayer is even more inballenced than MW2's teliport-knifeing,nukeing jamboree!!! now they have Juggernauts and MOABS(which in hindsight are the Tac-nukes times 9001) not to mention that this game would have been droped for this console because activision's cash-whore-ness. if you been sinning all your life, welcome to the 9th ring of Hell Expand
  3. Mar 22, 2012
    Oh where to begin with this absolute crap excuse for a FSP worthy of the title Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Let's start off with the damage power or lack of damage power for RPG's, Semtex, Frag Grenades, & M203 rounds -- I can tell you from actually being in the military that these do far more damage than the game depicts. I.e. - whenever you can throw a Semtex within 5 meters ofOh where to begin with this absolute crap excuse for a FSP worthy of the title Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Let's start off with the damage power or lack of damage power for RPG's, Semtex, Frag Grenades, & M203 rounds -- I can tell you from actually being in the military that these do far more damage than the game depicts. I.e. - whenever you can throw a Semtex within 5 meters of someone and they easily walk it off and throw a bullet in your face and call it accurate I have to strongly disagree.

Secondly, support class killstreaks.... I mean really. If you die it still counts towards your killstreak and EMP's are on that side???? Wow way to totally and utterly destroy any fun in having an Osprey gunner, AC-130, or hell even a Sentry Gun when someone can just EMP the damn thing.

Thirdly, Activision, Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer or whoever the hell is regulating this game seems to love to nerf any weapon that people seem to be using the most all under the false pretense of "balance" -- Why is it so hard to just follow the successful template that MW2 left us with?

Fourthly, the lack of a true form of Scavenger is a pure slap in the face. What is the point of just having more bullets; where's the full package the grenades, the equipment? Fifthly, the bland graphics, unenthusiastic gameplay, lack of a team based strategy aside from the entire team being rambo, the rabid camp supported maps, and overall game functionality leaves this game unbearable and unimpressive to any hardcore gamer or any gamer that has played the previous MW and MW2.

The ONLY good points about this game are the ease of clan organization and Survival Mode.

I give this game a 1 out of 10 if even that.

PS3 - APOLLO_SOL
  4. Nov 8, 2011
    There is no difference from Modern Warfare 2 and this steaming failure of a game. All these official critics should be ashamed for not being able to stand up and say what this game really is, pathetic, boring, see-it-before waste of money.
  5. Nov 18, 2011
    I once was a die hard fan of CoD and this is a major let down for me it is not the worst game ever played but its not the best either. I am aware of the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" policy but come on Activision it's time for something a little new. Now i know it is hard to change a certain genre and can understand why not trying would seem the better solution. However this gamesI once was a die hard fan of CoD and this is a major let down for me it is not the worst game ever played but its not the best either. I am aware of the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" policy but come on Activision it's time for something a little new. Now i know it is hard to change a certain genre and can understand why not trying would seem the better solution. However this games textures, graphics and lighting are pretty much the same as CoD4 and MW2 and i don't care how many people say otherwise. The SP was drab and dull with pretty much the same old stuff i say pretty much as there were a few WTF moments in there. MP i have to say is a joke it appears to me that if you are not hardwired into the next generation fibre optic broadband from the future you will spend more time looking at the kill cam of the player who just murdered you wondering why no bullets came out of your gun. Bad spawns, non-flowing maps are just a few of the problems this game has. Some of the minor problems that are not game breaking like the inability to run and reload not being able to jump walls that are no higher than my knee are silly little things but can be a nuisance at times. This game could have really been far superior with dedicated servers but hey why would Activision spend their hard earned money on such trivial things. I and many others are highly disapointed in this game. I am not going to listen to the pre-paid hype next year and will not be buying another FPS that doesn't have dedi servers again. Big let down for me to be honest but i will say this the concept is great the reality is CoD 1.3. This gets a 5.0 from me. Expand
  6. Nov 24, 2011
    Now I love the mw series and was really looking forward to this after the disappointment of black ops. The single player is imense, highly enjoyable and fast paced, special ops are excellent with the added bonus of playing online with someone. The survival is a poor mans zombies, it's not that good and gets boring fairly quickly. My main problem for the lower score is the multiplayer.Now I love the mw series and was really looking forward to this after the disappointment of black ops. The single player is imense, highly enjoyable and fast paced, special ops are excellent with the added bonus of playing online with someone. The survival is a poor mans zombies, it's not that good and gets boring fairly quickly. My main problem for the lower score is the multiplayer. I really don't mind it's simaler to the others (what those other reviewers expected god only knows) but its the maps that disappoint me. They all look and play the same, running round streets with burnt out cars and the odd building or two, there is little/no variation (apart from the odd one). Even ones that sound like its going to be different end up feeling the same. To sum up, great single player and special ops, survival is nothing special and does not get you hooked like zombies and the multiplayer (main reason why alot of people buy this game) has bland maps with what feels like a poorly laid out create class system. Feel really let down there. Expand
  7. Nov 8, 2011
    A disappointment on all levels. Same as MW2. Nothing new will be added to this series. The developers are mediocre at best. There is no more creativity from these people.
  8. Nov 8, 2011
    Always been a Modern Warfare fan, not World at War, not Black ops only Modern warfare. Until now. Graphically the same as the first two, ok that's fine. Game play is great, and is what I had expected from the previous two. This "GAME" should not have been released as a disc-based game, it should have been available as DLC to modern warfare 2. Everything in this game has been rehashed, withAlways been a Modern Warfare fan, not World at War, not Black ops only Modern warfare. Until now. Graphically the same as the first two, ok that's fine. Game play is great, and is what I had expected from the previous two. This "GAME" should not have been released as a disc-based game, it should have been available as DLC to modern warfare 2. Everything in this game has been rehashed, with a fresh coat of paint. They even went as far to REUSE the same buildings from modern warfare 1 http://n4g.com/news/882699/infinity-ward-recycles-buildings-on-mw3-straight-from-cod4

NOW, other games a re going to take suit, and re-release crap because they know people are going to buy it regardless. I applaud everyone who has bought this game. U my friends are sheep.
  9. hii
    Nov 9, 2011
    Guys i'll just make this plain simple save your money for sky rim or buy uncharted 3 if you have a ps3 cause this game is not worth the money
  10. Nov 8, 2011
    This game has been copy and pasted since 2007. The campaign is standard for a game in this series, linear and predictable. Nothing significant has changed in the multiplayer. The quality of the graphics has not changed. Still no full co-operative mode. As a consumer, I am insulted by the lack of innovation that has been made in this series. 4 years is a significant period of my life, spentThis game has been copy and pasted since 2007. The campaign is standard for a game in this series, linear and predictable. Nothing significant has changed in the multiplayer. The quality of the graphics has not changed. Still no full co-operative mode. As a consumer, I am insulted by the lack of innovation that has been made in this series. 4 years is a significant period of my life, spent waiting for something, ANYTHING to happen with this series, that I will never get back. And here I am once again, disappointed with this November's rehash of the game that came out in 2007. Expand
  11. cze
    Nov 9, 2011
    They literally put MW2, boxed it with MW3 and sent it off. How sad.

I feel sorry for the poor kids that don't know any better. The game is actually slowly killing the FPS genre and sucking the challenge out of it completely. The skill ceiling is now at an all time low
  12. Nov 10, 2011
    El juego es una basura la duracion es pesima losgraficos desfasados Vease Uncharted 3,en fin no lo recomiendo mas bien es un DLC del Modern Warfare 2.
  13. Dec 29, 2011
    Having spent enough time playing this game, I can say keep your money. IW overcompensated it's lag compensation system thereby penalizing players with good to decent internet connections. I've gone back and started playing World at Wat again because this game is so bad. I should have waited to have gotten this used. Unless IW can fix the online playing problems, it will see more and moreHaving spent enough time playing this game, I can say keep your money. IW overcompensated it's lag compensation system thereby penalizing players with good to decent internet connections. I've gone back and started playing World at Wat again because this game is so bad. I should have waited to have gotten this used. Unless IW can fix the online playing problems, it will see more and more players spending less and less time on this game let alone paying for any map packs. I don't use harsh words often, but this game sucks. I purposely got a Metacritic account just to vent my frustration with this piece of crap. Expand
  14. Nov 8, 2011
    The COD franchise has a special place in my heart as I have played them all; however, with almost no changes to the game since COD3, it feels like these guys are more into media hype and cash raking than keeping the franchise fresh. It's like halo all over again, same game new maps. To be honest I keep hoping that they decide to steal from battlefield so that the game will become moreThe COD franchise has a special place in my heart as I have played them all; however, with almost no changes to the game since COD3, it feels like these guys are more into media hype and cash raking than keeping the franchise fresh. It's like halo all over again, same game new maps. To be honest I keep hoping that they decide to steal from battlefield so that the game will become more interesting. Oh well better luck next time. Expand
  15. Nov 8, 2011
    What the **** did you all expect? a new and original game? you idiots will keep buying this **** and these guys will keep bringing em out because people are dumb and will pay Ã
  16. Nov 8, 2011
    The game was a major disappointment due to the release of much better games that have been released lately. It just couldn't compete with title like Battlefield 3 or even Team fortress 2 and so it fell behind.
  17. Nov 8, 2011
    You would think after DICE stepped up their game and created a brand new engine that maybe CoD developers would have done the same thing and tried to improve upon their last few games. But no, same game as always. CoD is the new Madden of FPS. Constant releases all the same.
  18. Nov 9, 2011
    Sorry, nothing new to add to this review about MW3, it just plain sucks. Worst of the entire series and that says a lot. Worst multiplayer maps. Shortest single player campaign. Graphics that are now simply dated.
  19. Nov 10, 2011
    Game is absolute garbage. The campaign just felt absolutely forced and was completely forgettable by the end of it. Spec Ops is trash because zombies in WaW and Black Ops was just so much better. Not to mention you were able to play it with upto 3 other people that you know! Where's the fun in fighting endless enemies with only one other person? There is no fun in that. On toGame is absolute garbage. The campaign just felt absolutely forced and was completely forgettable by the end of it. Spec Ops is trash because zombies in WaW and Black Ops was just so much better. Not to mention you were able to play it with upto 3 other people that you know! Where's the fun in fighting endless enemies with only one other person? There is no fun in that. On to multiplayer... the maps are the worst I have ever seen. The graphics are extremely dated, Battlefield 3 just completely slaughters this game. The textures are also horrendous! Everything about this game is re-used from Modern Warfare 2. This game doesn't feel fresh at all. All of the guns and skins are re-used... the menus as well... even some of the buildings and vehicles. The sounds of the guns are still bad, and some are the same as MW2. Battlefield 3 is just so much better. Sorry if the truth hurts. This game is just a bad DLC to a game that came out two years ago. Save your money! Expand
  20. Nov 10, 2011
    Kotick strikes again, this once great franchise has been beaten into the ground and then kicked aroudn multiple times for good measure. If you have the attention span and intellect of a 2 year old, this game's for you. If you want a real shooter, check out Battlefield 3.
  21. Nov 8, 2011
    This game was awful. Purely disgusting. The gameplay mechanics have not changed in the past 10 years. Although might be tried and true. The ending when Price kills makarov and smokes a cigar was a terrible way to end the game. And killing that little girl in the cutscene, was that really appropriate?
  22. Nov 8, 2011
    No real changes, again... multiplay is only decent because of the players, the same level of enjoyment can be had with the other games, nothing new, no point in buying.
  23. Nov 9, 2011
    It's just overpriced DLC for MW2. Nothing more, nothing less. I think Activision really need to make a new game. Not just copy old games add a couple of features and call it new. They do this every year.
  24. Nov 8, 2011
    The story has not changed much from former Call of duty series, going down a hallway, and shooting people. Some hallways are larger and some are smaller. And the multiplayer is generally not much different, dont waste your money this time around.
  25. Nov 11, 2011
    Disgraceful. When Mw3 crashed to desktop it noted "Modern Warfare 2" has stopped working. Sums it up perfectly. Waste of money. No effort to make an improved game since 2007. You people are a joke.
  26. Nov 8, 2011
    Yet another mod of CoD4 they are releasing to take money from uninformed players. This game brings *nothing* new, fun or interesting to the industry, it just perpetuates the boring respawnfest that is allowing real innovation to happen. I genuinely played it looking for reasons why it's any different from the last 3 identical titles. I honestly couldn't say I found a thing. Hopefully thisYet another mod of CoD4 they are releasing to take money from uninformed players. This game brings *nothing* new, fun or interesting to the industry, it just perpetuates the boring respawnfest that is allowing real innovation to happen. I genuinely played it looking for reasons why it's any different from the last 3 identical titles. I honestly couldn't say I found a thing. Hopefully this trend blows over so progress can be made int he industry. Expand
  27. Nov 9, 2011
    I knew this would happen eventually. Activision using the same game engine year after year, treating this series as if its Guitar Hero, another series they ran into the ground. Activision is good at making money, but they have no idea what it means to be a gamer. They are out of touch, and this game is proof of that.
  28. Nov 9, 2011
    I must say that Activision marketing department did a fantastic job to con more than a thousand users on xbox, 500 plus on PS3 and another 600+ on PC who all gave a very negative review. Why did you buy this game then??? The reason you are not seeing a huge positive review numbers is because the people who like this game are still playing in there pajamas or what they were wearing on theI must say that Activision marketing department did a fantastic job to con more than a thousand users on xbox, 500 plus on PS3 and another 600+ on PC who all gave a very negative review. Why did you buy this game then??? The reason you are not seeing a huge positive review numbers is because the people who like this game are still playing in there pajamas or what they were wearing on the 1st day the game came out. As for me, I have played more than 800 hours on mw2 (PC) and I'm not looking to play more of the same thing (played on a friends PC). But if you are, then this game is for you. New maps (so, so, there are some good maps), new game modes (kill confirm is like a blitz of ppl running around like headless chickens) and new guns (smg looks like the popular gun in PC) ! The multiplayer is refined and tweaked to give a better experience. I know this section is for PS3 (I do own a PS3 at least) but i was shocked to see the number of negative reviews and hopefully this review will help. Like i said in my other review for PC, if you are looking for something new and innovative, then don't buy this game. But if you were still playing mw2 and want more, then buy this game, most of my friends on steam are playing it like mad now. Expand
  29. Nov 8, 2011
    Here we go again. Activision is doing this again. The game is a copy paste, i donw know why people buy this game, i mean is just tje modern warfare 1. It doesn'thave any new
  30. Nov 8, 2011
    I got the game at a midnight lauch at Gamestop. ive been playing most of the call of duty games since the COD 2 release all the way to MW3 and jeezz after 35 mins i felt this is same game as MW2 . graphics still the same, with no improvements at all. really feel dissapointed and raped by activision. this game is not worth $60 maybe maybe 30 and still feel its too much Im alsoI got the game at a midnight lauch at Gamestop. ive been playing most of the call of duty games since the COD 2 release all the way to MW3 and jeezz after 35 mins i felt this is same game as MW2 . graphics still the same, with no improvements at all. really feel dissapointed and raped by activision. this game is not worth $60 maybe maybe 30 and still feel its too much Im also tryin this game Battlefield 3 wich is very refreshing and different. i think im liking it very too much. Expand
  31. Nov 9, 2011
    noobtubes are still here. Freaking final stand is still here. ghost is making a comeback (albeit in 2 perks). All this coupled with unmemorable maps that are filled with narrow corridors and whatnot where corner campers can pop up even more hidden than before......................................
  32. Nov 8, 2011
    Can I get my money back? Seriously. This game is pathetic. 5-year old graphics, no new features and the same run and gun individual game play. I can't believe this version passes as a new game. It's basically a re-skin of an old game. I was completely disappointed and I feel totally ripped off. My money is better spent on Battlefield3.
  33. Nov 8, 2011
    I'm not bad at CoD, best killstreak in MW2 was 32 kills. Still, very disappointed. I thought that the graphics would improve over MW2, but no. If you have the PC version then the graphics are OK, but there are better graphics found in Killzone 2 which was from 2008. I'm sick of this game too, but maybe you aren't. If you are still playing a CoD game then you probably will like this gameI'm not bad at CoD, best killstreak in MW2 was 32 kills. Still, very disappointed. I thought that the graphics would improve over MW2, but no. If you have the PC version then the graphics are OK, but there are better graphics found in Killzone 2 which was from 2008. I'm sick of this game too, but maybe you aren't. If you are still playing a CoD game then you probably will like this game too. Hell, we all like CoD, but there is NOTHING new here! The worst part about these games are the maps. In 1 week I know that I'll have every single corner memorized and the game will be a major repetition festival. Not at all interested in forking out more money for DLC maps that should have already been included. ALSO BIG NEGATIVE - There are more maps than you'll ever see included with this game, for some reason the devs don't run every map in every game mode so you more than likely will never play more than 4-5 maps unless you play every single game mode for hours a day. Overall, dedicated servers are a necessity if I'm every going to buy another CoD game, and I won't buy another one on this generation of consoles because they obviously aren't going to try, or can't improve the graphics over MW2. Last point, I bought the DLC for Black Ops and it was pointless. Over 2 months I never once got to play any of the DLC maps because the people I was playing with (random) obviously didn't buy it and there is no way to choose which map to play in. Yeah, I'm completely done with this series without dedicated servers or a guaranteed way to play ALL the maps. I know Infinity Ward broke apart and there is some kind of fan boy war over this game and BF3 (I do not have or play BF3 because I heard it sucks) but I don't care about any of that. I just want the ability to play ALL the maps in the game without having to play 8 hours a day 5 days a week in order to get lucky enough to get the rare maps that never get played. And, I want an improved graphical experience for each new game. Neither of those conditions have been met with MW3. So, basically the commercials with Jonah Hill were cool but, yeah MW3 is so much just MW2 with new killstreaks and maps. If that makes it for you then buy it. If not then please play Dark Souls, the more the merrier.

It gets a 2 because I expected much more having played MW2 and Black Ops. If you've never played a CoD before then it'll be great for you. I imagine the negatives are from people who've played this game before.
  34. Nov 8, 2011
    So ridiculously bad, I had to wash myself after playing it. I felt like crap. It was the worst game I've played in years. Big Rigs was better. Infinity Ward is terrible. So is Treyarch.
  35. Nov 8, 2011
    Normally Map packs for MW2 cost $15, this one costs 4x that amount and has a bug where your profile will be reset when you buy it. My advice, wait till its in the $5 bargain bin.
  36. Nov 8, 2011
    This game truly disappoints where it could have shined, but recycle the same crap year after year and this is what you get. Activision just milking a title til its dead with very little improvement, and still selling so well is just hilarious. I rented this morning and will be trading it in for Skyrim next week, but i doubt i can stand to play much more. I felt Battlefield 3 was a littleThis game truly disappoints where it could have shined, but recycle the same crap year after year and this is what you get. Activision just milking a title til its dead with very little improvement, and still selling so well is just hilarious. I rented this morning and will be trading it in for Skyrim next week, but i doubt i can stand to play much more. I felt Battlefield 3 was a little disappointing as well, but compared to this crap i can't see how people are still buying it. I look forward to the original Infinity Ward (now reformed under EA and Respawn Entertainment's new IP, hopefully it kicks the crap out of CoD and makes Activision wish they never screwed their devs over. Expand
  37. Nov 8, 2011
    You're absolutely kidding yourself if you feel MW 3 isn't simply a re-skinned game of MW 2. Call of duty elite is absolutely ridiculous in pricing as well.
  38. Nov 8, 2011
    This game is the same old crap as before. Trust me, it is fun, but will get boring very soon. Not worth another 60$ If you already have black ops or MW2
  39. Nov 8, 2011
    COD4 copy and paste MW2 copy and paste Black ops copy and paste MW3. It's sad to see this happen in an industry that usually prides itself on innovation.
  40. Nov 8, 2011
    Ok so call of duty 4 was really good, great plot and nicely done action scenes, modern warfare 2 was essentially the same game but with a new story that got a bit silly. Modern warfare 3 continues on along the same line and while the story is alright its so samey i just dont feel anything from it anymore. every section has been done before in a previous game so much so that you can justOk so call of duty 4 was really good, great plot and nicely done action scenes, modern warfare 2 was essentially the same game but with a new story that got a bit silly. Modern warfare 3 continues on along the same line and while the story is alright its so samey i just dont feel anything from it anymore. every section has been done before in a previous game so much so that you can just tell whats going to happen next and thats never any fun, even the final scene of the game is pretty much exactly like the ones in Mw1 and 2.

Multiplayer looks to be the usual affair, nothing to see here. This game really isnt worth paying for if you have any of the previous call of duty games.

Gamers like change in their games but its hard to do it right, change too much or change at the expense of good features and there will be complaints however even worse is when games stay the same. Time to retire modern warfare, the water in the well has become stagnant.
  41. Nov 8, 2011
    The gameplay overall was fun but unfortunately the lack of innovation since the last game makes this game pretty much a copy and paste. For people who can't get enough of the arcade running and gunning, go ahead and get it. The only real good parts are the campaign and co-op.. yet the meat of the game (multiplayer) has dried and rotted away since mw2. I suggest buying one the otherThe gameplay overall was fun but unfortunately the lack of innovation since the last game makes this game pretty much a copy and paste. For people who can't get enough of the arcade running and gunning, go ahead and get it. The only real good parts are the campaign and co-op.. yet the meat of the game (multiplayer) has dried and rotted away since mw2. I suggest buying one the other billions of games coming out this year (ex: Skyrim, uncharted, assassin's creed, arkham city) Expand
  42. Nov 8, 2011
    Buying Modern Warfare 3 this year is like wiping your butt with your hands while staring at a roll of Charmin Extra soft. Unless you are a potty-mouthed pre-teen with a high pitched voice that gets babysat by the tv...
    avoid this shameless repackaging like the plague.
  43. Nov 10, 2011
    The game is buggy, and boring. And paying greater than full game price for a map-pack of MW1 is a scam. I feel scammed for buying it. The graphics were good.... if this was 2003. The sounds were sub-par, the game play is the same, with no variaton...... It's basically COD Modern mappack 3.
  44. Nov 10, 2011
    This is exactly the same if not worse then the original MW. Zero to little innovation and creativeness has gone into this rehashed version of MW 1.1. Glad I rented and didn't fork out the £45 quid for this abomination of gaming. Avoid like the plague.
  45. Nov 10, 2011
    4 DLCs = MW3 both make you feel like you spent too much on something you already own... flats out the fun factor. I'm actually pissed at myself cause my money encouraged their laziness... again.
  46. Nov 10, 2011
    Let me some this up for you simply - if you have player Modern Ware 1 and 2 and/or black ops you have already played this game. Other than adding a Kill Confirm mode in multiplayer there isn't anything new here. You already know there will be a tired and stale sneaking mission, a top down black and white shoot tiny people from an airplane mission, some slow motion sections, an underwaterLet me some this up for you simply - if you have player Modern Ware 1 and 2 and/or black ops you have already played this game. Other than adding a Kill Confirm mode in multiplayer there isn't anything new here. You already know there will be a tired and stale sneaking mission, a top down black and white shoot tiny people from an airplane mission, some slow motion sections, an underwater part etc etc. The whole game looks like someone is just throwing fireworks in your face to distract from the fact that there isn't anything you haven't already played going on. The leveling progression is way too high in multiplayer too. In one match I went up three levels. You don't get the sense that you earned the level you are at. I rented this and glad I didn't spend 60 dollars owning it. I honestly tried to give this game a chance and I am a fan of the series but this game tried to pull the wool over my eyes by giving me the exact same game again that I've already played several times over. Here's a simple comparison -At least from Mario Bros 1 to 3 you got a racoon suit! I am happy though to wrap up this convoluted story arc that the game has been shoveling for three games now. Expand
  47. Dec 11, 2011
    this game is absolute garbage,the guns are really overpowered it's a joke,the spawn points are terrible,you respawn and a second later someone kills you from behind,the story is only 4 hours,this is really boring and sucky,it is mw2 with a new cover and a new story,the developers were lazy and they just felt like not putting any effort,save your $60!
  48. Nov 8, 2011
    I've seen DLC that has more content than this installment. Professional game reviewers giving this game 80-90 revies really makes me question the state of the industry.
  49. Nov 8, 2011
    Just a map pack for MW2 with another over scripted storyline. MP lags and elite won't allow me to register. If you want a decent FPS game to play, go play BF3 then. At least it is an improvement upon it's predecessor. This isn't. AVOID.
  50. Nov 8, 2011
    Ever since I started playing COD4, I fell in love with the series. From the moment Cpt. Price says "weapons free" I decided that FPS were they way to go for me. So no, I'm not a hater. Bought World at War... disappointed. Turned out Treyarch made that game. And they lost a customer. Then came MW2. Happiness. Skipped BO knowing what a POS it will be. It was... but I saved my money.Ever since I started playing COD4, I fell in love with the series. From the moment Cpt. Price says "weapons free" I decided that FPS were they way to go for me. So no, I'm not a hater. Bought World at War... disappointed. Turned out Treyarch made that game. And they lost a customer. Then came MW2. Happiness. Skipped BO knowing what a POS it will be. It was... but I saved my money. Then came MW3 and I already knew I'll be buying it. Now, disappointment will not be enough of a word for the way I feel. A flashback of World at War came when I went online. This game has Treyarch in it. The menus, the maps, the way the soldiers move around. Treyarch, Treyarch, Treyarch. Thanks Infinity Arch you just lost a customer... Expand
  51. Nov 9, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 is a reskin of MW2 which rehashes the same gameplay yet again with the bare minimum of innovation the developer can get away with, though really should be 'developers' as three developers, the dreggs of Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software, were needed to knock out this sequel in their less than 18 month development period.

The campaign took me 4 hours and

The campaign took me 4 hours and 40 minutes on Regular difficulty, I took my time loking for hidden intel of which I collected 22 of the 46 pieces, it's the shortest Call of Duty campaign yet and the shortest FPS campaign I've certainly ever played. It's full of impressive set pieces with buildings falling down around the player's linear path, but these superficial big budget set pieces barely hide to anyone with experience with MW or MW2 that so much content from them is recycled with just a few minor edits made to the textures to fool the player into thinking what they're seeing is new (case in point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5dsOn06w1s - an entire building from CoD4), this goes for character models, animations, weapons, vehicles, gameplay sequences (for example the boat secion in MW2), a huge amount of content is reused and the game seems to be built around what they could recycle more than what they could create from scratch. The lack of originality or even intention to be original is present throughout the entire game. The story itself is actually quite enjoyable and feels as much a sequel to CoD4 and MW2, making it tie together nicely as a trilogy, though some sections make it feel more like a fanfic than a true sequel (considering that most of the people who worked on MW2 left and had nothing to do with MW3), the last mission was more of a QTE filled joke than a satisfying conclusion. I wonder how different it would've turned out had 40 of the key staff from IW, the original and only true CoD developer, due to Activision's disgusting treatment of the series, the staff and their creation. I won't even go to the clunkily added controversial scene involving the death of a random child that felt tacked on or the fact that everyone the player kills in the campaign is either African or Russian.

Spec Ops is a mixed bag, the missions are a mix of fun and terrible, and the Veteran difficulty is like that of the campaign, a very lazily added hard difficulty where the player dies to psychic enemies in around 3 bullets, usually within a second of peeking out from cover (and by peeking I mean moving, as there is still no lean function). The survival mode however is a lot of fun, it works well as two player co-op and a lot of the tedium from the other survival mode in the series, Zombies, is removed by taking out the luck factor with the amount of ammo the player can get and which weapons they acquire. There's a lot of fun to be had here with a friend and it runs smoothly online, the same can't be said for the multiplayer though.

In the previous Call of Duty, Black Ops, quickscoping was removed on the basis it's a cheap exploit of the game's aim assist, and that was a good call, though it annoyed many kids who like to do it in MW2. They brought this back in MW3 to please those kids and without regard for the quality of their game's online, this sums up their approach to the multiplayer. As a reskin of MW2 it of course plays quite similarly, they've made attempts to better balance the game with how effective the knife, grenade launchers and killstreak rewards are (which amongst quickscoping ranked as the biggest complaints of MW2's multiplayer) and the new point streak system is a nice addition, but all of the technical problems with this peer hosted, laggy mess with poor hit detection and terrible matchmaking still remain, taking a lot of the fun out of playing it, along of course with the huge focus on player's stats (made worse by in-depth stat tracking) that has most players approaching the game in as cheap a way as possible to camp themselves to a high kill/death ratio. The new game modes aren't actually to original either, some of them may as well credit other older and more recent games considering they're so close to them in design. The map design itself is a campfest, designed by Raven Software as after the majority of IW including all its creative and technical talent it took the few left at IW and other Activision developer Slegehammer Games to design the bulk of the game and they needed help fitting map design into their tight schedule, as of course a Call of Duty has to be out every single Novemeber in order to monopolise on the Christmas sales.

Lazily made rehash that might as well urinate on the grave of the original Infinity Ward, Activision's approach to this franchise is a good representation of everything that's wrong with the game industry right now.

JM
  52. Nov 9, 2011
    I have give up of black ops because i waiting a evolution, not mean only graphics, i want a gameplay more realistic, strategic, something new and excited... now i have again be disappointed... i have really played MW2 a lot! a LOT but i have lost the will to play... how can i play mw3 if i already dont want to? i have noticed a big difference between mw2 and mw3 : the color pallete..
  53. Nov 9, 2011
    Slightly better than the Xbox version, but still not worth it. Really old and been there, done that.. If you have played MW2, don't bother with this, buy Uncharted 3 or something worthwhile instead., don't waste your money on this game, it's simply not worth it.
  54. Nov 9, 2011
    Most expensive map pack ever made. CoD map packs are usually around $15, yet they somehow thought that tacking on a 5 hour SP campaign would be worth the extra $45. Looking at it strictly as an expansion to Modern Warfare 2? Its a fantastic stand alone expansion. Only thing I despise more than studios charging $60 for map pack expansions is the foolish consumers that gobble it up.
  55. Nov 10, 2011
    Once again a bad rehash by Nintendo, which doesn't bring anything new to the table. It's just the same old game copypasted with a new name to get money from the youngsters who can't see this. Good job, Miyamoto!
  56. Nov 10, 2011
    Damn this game sucks.. It's like you're playing cod4 lol!.. Every year a new COD but they are always 100% the same.. Same old engine.. What did they change? Add some perks? wow great.. It's like they released a big map pack.. They should go build a new engine, and make a NEW game..
  57. ZeV
    Nov 10, 2011
    This game is simply a shame and looks like an old game with a poor engine...

Some of the buildings in MW3 are taken from MW1 !!! A SHAME !!! I played mw four years ago, and it's still the same boring game with no evolution !
  58. Nov 11, 2011
    Ok there is alot of hate going on in here so let me jump in.. first off im going to start by saying i am a call of duty fan i own 2,3,4,5,6,7 and 8 and i had my hardened edition pre ordered.. my main problem with this game is THE MAPS i have never seen such poor designed maps who ever made them should be fired on the spot!! no matter where u go u can get shot from 20 different ways andOk there is alot of hate going on in here so let me jump in.. first off im going to start by saying i am a call of duty fan i own 2,3,4,5,6,7 and 8 and i had my hardened edition pre ordered.. my main problem with this game is THE MAPS i have never seen such poor designed maps who ever made them should be fired on the spot!! no matter where u go u can get shot from 20 different ways and there are little camping spots all over and the DEATH STREAKS are absolutely stupid why put them back in the game

There are way to many flanking routes way way to many... some maps running through a ally is like going through a maze 6 foot wide ally u go in and to get out u make a right then a left and another right then a left again WTF. Seatown has a moment like that. Also there is way to many maps where u are in CQC more than half the maps ur going to be knifed or shooting at someone 10 feet away from you!! or there are stupid little hut's all over the place to obstruct your view that force u into CQC cuz u cant see more than 15 feet in front of you The maps PROMOTE camping cuz right when u step outside there are 100 different places u get shot from the map CARBON for example when u are at the bottom of the hill its impossible to check that many places before u go outside and the lighting sucks u can barely make out people in windows sometimes then other times there impossible to miss..

On the ps3 it take 20 min to get into a game then when u get into one u get kicked out the get a server error then kicked out of the PSN or u get a ERROR OUT OF MEMORY 14 message.. and if u ask me there is no reason absolutely no reason that elite should be down... really u had 2 years to make this service and just going by how many ppl bought BLOPS how could u have servers that could not handle the amount of people that logged on DAY ONE!!! its really a surprise that millions of people bought MW3 to you beachhead.. what a bunch of morons!! i cant believe i blew 100$ on this crap maybe im the moron here!! BUT IT WONT HAPPEN AGAIN!! just for reference im not a bum at the game either my win ratio is over 2.00 and KDR around 1.80 over the last few games.
  59. Nov 14, 2011
    this game is a waste of time and money. spend your money with a developer that deserves it. Reward innovation and punish laziness. MW3 looks like it took 4 weeks to slap together since they copied all the assets from MW2/COD4 and dropped them into a few narrow and linear maps. The multiplayer is stale and boring. If you like doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over andthis game is a waste of time and money. spend your money with a developer that deserves it. Reward innovation and punish laziness. MW3 looks like it took 4 weeks to slap together since they copied all the assets from MW2/COD4 and dropped them into a few narrow and linear maps. The multiplayer is stale and boring. If you like doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over again - you are insane and a COD fantard. There is literally no reason to ever buy this game. If you really want to see how the SP story ends up - download it off TPB. Trust me - your computer can run this game. This pile of poo would run just fine on a ti-86 to be honest. IW is garbage. Acti is garbage. MW3 is garbage, and you are garbage if you buy this crap. Expand
  60. Nov 12, 2011
    Hello. I signed up to Metacritic thanks to Sledgehammer's developer Glen Schofield and his infamous tweet about the low user score on Metacritic for MW2. Well Glen... here is the thing... there is a simple rule: if You rip someone of for 60$ You should at least get a smack on the face and not a pat on the back. I'm a CoD fan from the beginning. I own every installation - maybe besides CoDHello. I signed up to Metacritic thanks to Sledgehammer's developer Glen Schofield and his infamous tweet about the low user score on Metacritic for MW2. Well Glen... here is the thing... there is a simple rule: if You rip someone of for 60$ You should at least get a smack on the face and not a pat on the back. I'm a CoD fan from the beginning. I own every installation - maybe besides CoD 3 - and I'm sorry to say that, but MW3 is truly the biggest rip off of the year. I don't really care for the campaign. I can't see no fun in a 5 hour bot shooting fiesta with a slapstick story, so I'm just going to stick to the MP.

I didn't really expect much from the MP. Maybe some changing environments, some new interesting toys. But no... Sledgehammer changed almost nothing. This is the same game as MW2! Like someone said before: it all feels like a really expensive DLC for MW2! I mean, come on... You didn't even make an effort to make the maps interesting (take a look at Launch from Black Ops and the rocket launch or Moon - IMO changing environments rock). The guns? Almost the same. Upgrade system? Basically the same. Game modes? The same. Oops... sorry... You have added one of the dumbest things I have played lately "Kill Confirmed". I know it's "new and fresh" but why the hell did you put it as part of Ground War? It only forces me to change the lobby every time this mode starts. And there is Elite... You know what? That is the part where You have been most innovative and what happens? You charge me another 50$ for an annual subscription. At this moment I'm restraining myself not to call you names. I believe as an owner of al Your games I should be let in for free, but that is just my opinion. I really thought that You care for your fans, but instead you charge them extra because You know they will want to be part of Elite.

To summarise... I'm no hater, but You have failed me Glen. You have played it safe. MW2 was good but playing it safe with MW3 makes it mediocre and charging 60$ for a DLC... well, that is just low... real low. Battlefield 3 may not be the game of the year, but at least it has moved a bit forward. So a smack on the face for You Sledgehammer for ripping me off and a kick to the butt for making me pay for Elite. I give a 3. It may not be the most honest score (I was thinking of giving You a 4 or 5) but You deserve it. That 60$ could have gone somewhere else.
  61. Feb 1, 2012
    Kill me now. This pretty sums up this whole colossal disappointment, I never thought I would say this about a game but this is actually worse than Black Ops. The more you play the game, the harder it becomes to live on this planet anymore.
  62. Nov 9, 2011
    How are critics giving this game a 90. Seems to me some #### ####### is going on here. This is by far the worse mistake I made purchasing this game. Maps sucks and story line was just throw together and only takes 3 hours to complete. Graphics are nothing new and the multi-player gets boring quick. This was basically a map expansion pack and people should be given their money back. I haveHow are critics giving this game a 90. Seems to me some #### ####### is going on here. This is by far the worse mistake I made purchasing this game. Maps sucks and story line was just throw together and only takes 3 hours to complete. Graphics are nothing new and the multi-player gets boring quick. This was basically a map expansion pack and people should be given their money back. I have been a COD fan for a long time but unfortunately I will admit that BF3 destroys this game. If you to sit in a corner and camp or hide behind bullet proof cardboard boxes... please buy this game. Just aweful.. I am sending my copy back and want my money back Expand
  63. Nov 9, 2011
    MW3 should be called MW3:1.0 cause there is
    Nothing new, they reused buildings in mw3 from
    Call of duty 4, the same old engine and gameplay, I would
    Say play battlefield 3 way more fun, more things to do, better graphics, sound and physics. Mw3 is not worth $60 it's worth $15 same as a map pack.
  64. Nov 9, 2011
    This game is an offense to gaming! The graphics are outdated, the gameplay is old and overused, the truth is COD is an overrated game but people still buy it, reviewers just give it a good score, because they are afraid of the cod fanboys.
  65. Nov 9, 2011
    As it says right in the games description, "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is a direct sequel to the previous game in the series, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2." It really is a direct sequel, and that is putting it lightly. This game is all about staying tried and true with popular belief. If you own Modern Warfare 2, then you should feel like your picking up right where you left offAs it says right in the games description, "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is a direct sequel to the previous game in the series, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2." It really is a direct sequel, and that is putting it lightly. This game is all about staying tried and true with popular belief. If you own Modern Warfare 2, then you should feel like your picking up right where you left off as this is basically an over the top DLC, with no innovative content to be seen. If you like playing the same game since 2007, be my guest. Expand
  66. Nov 9, 2011
    MW3 is a big DLC from MW2 and COD 4 : http://ps3.mediagen.fr/image-screenshot-comparative-call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare-3-09112011-02_09015E018500096551.png

I am so bad ...
  67. Nov 9, 2011
    Its call of duty. Do you really need to read a review? I mean seriously its been the same **** since call of duty 4. The guns sound like paintball guns, a throwing knife will kill you instantly, even if it hits your foot. Kill streaks still dominate, just like they always have. One of the main characters die in the campaign to try to make you go "nooooooo :'(" and last but not least...overIts call of duty. Do you really need to read a review? I mean seriously its been the same **** since call of duty 4. The guns sound like paintball guns, a throwing knife will kill you instantly, even if it hits your foot. Kill streaks still dominate, just like they always have. One of the main characters die in the campaign to try to make you go "nooooooo :'(" and last but not least...over 400 hundred thousand 8 year olds will buy this game and orgasm all over it and say its the greatest game ever.

Its call of duty, if your a fanboy you'll like it. If your a regular gamer. You won't. Plain n' simple.
  68. Nov 9, 2011
    Welcome to mw3 for noobs. Bf3>ops>mw2:>mw3. Way to ruin a great thing. I have loved cod forever and find myself forcing myself to play insted of wanting to. So glad my neo got a free copy and I wasn't like the sad millions who paid for this game. Save your money and pick up black ops for the best cod action.
  69. Nov 9, 2011
    This game was a let down...same graphics as 2 yrs. ago. Just more of the same stuff from the previous... You are basically buying new maps. The story mode can be beat in 5 hrs...
  70. Nov 9, 2011
    I am giving this game a 1 out of 10, because it a map pack that should have been released as a DLC. I have not purchased a COD game since COD4, and this is the reason why. This company is selling the same game each and every year to fans for the full price. This is the reason Hollywood is tanking, they create garbage and expect us to pay high dollar for it. This is why people have stoppedI am giving this game a 1 out of 10, because it a map pack that should have been released as a DLC. I have not purchased a COD game since COD4, and this is the reason why. This company is selling the same game each and every year to fans for the full price. This is the reason Hollywood is tanking, they create garbage and expect us to pay high dollar for it. This is why people have stopped going to the movie theaters, stopped purchasing DVD/Blu-ray when they release, instead they rent the movie for a $1.00 from Red Box or have a Netflix account, because the truth is this subtle trash isn't worth anything more than a couple months for a few moments of enjoyment. The problem is these industry heads seem to think that they have something special in their hands and we the consumers should pay top dollar for it. I have news for you Activision, Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games & Glen Schofield (I pity you for asking someone to rate your game higher than it really deserves) this isn't a full game worth $64.80. The truth is its a map pack that should have been sold for $9.99 as part of COD4. Visually this game actually has worse graphics than COD4 on the PC. The textures aren't crisp and remind me of textures on a console based video game from last generation. While the graphics aren't entirely a big deal, I have to make a serious complaint against the match making service for ranked servers on the PC. This is a peer to peer connection, I feel like I am on a console and the constant disconnects or lag issues because the host doesn't have the bandwidth required to support a 12 man match is pathetic. Dedicated ranked servers should be made available, this would make the game much more enjoyable on the PC, and I think it would also benefit console users as well. They might have become accustom to this sort of problem and just accept it, but keep shoving the same crap down their throats and they too will eventually start thinking for themselves and walk away from this franchise. I will not purchase another COD game until Infinity Ward actually makes a full game and doesn't just decide to sell a map pack at full price. This game is about multiplayer and that's where most of the people will spend their time playing it. This single player crap of 5-6 hours for $64.80 is absurd. Truth me told I spent $22.62 on this game because of a promotion amazon was running, otherwise I would not own it right now. Expand
  71. Nov 9, 2011
    the game feels like a mw2 clone.. not worth it.. if your a fan of mw2 just stick to that.. its not worth the 60 tag that comes along with it.. sooo over rated.. pick up bf3 instead it atleast differs from the previous two..
  72. Nov 9, 2011
    Rehash, rehash and rehash, that is all Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer have to offer.
    $50 is pretty much for a rehash. Same **** different title really... And yet people buy their games, some people just eat what ever **** you offer.
  73. Nov 9, 2011
    A glorified map-pack. There hasn't been any significant improvements made since MW2. This game is the product of Activision's greed not an attempt to improve the series as a whole. Sure, it raps up the story but that's about its only redeeming quality.
  74. Nov 9, 2011
    Terrible. I'm a nice person, so a 3. This series is basically rinsing and repeating to the extremes. Many series bring change to their games. For example, the upcoming GTA V looks much better than IV. Just save your money. This is not worth it. Pathetic how Schofield is asking to support a game that deserves the rating it gets. IW/Sledgehammer/Raven/ and Treyarch should make advertisementsTerrible. I'm a nice person, so a 3. This series is basically rinsing and repeating to the extremes. Many series bring change to their games. For example, the upcoming GTA V looks much better than IV. Just save your money. This is not worth it. Pathetic how Schofield is asking to support a game that deserves the rating it gets. IW/Sledgehammer/Raven/ and Treyarch should make advertisements since they're so good at making something a child made look like the 8th wonder of the world. Expand
  75. Nov 9, 2011
    It is terrible, absolutely terrible. Everything feels like I've played already on the previous MW. Singleplayer is a joke, it is way too short to be called a campaign, and multiplayer even worse with kids hurling abuses at each other making the experience worse and worse with each instalment. Don't waste your money. Throwing your money down the river would be a wiser investment than buyingIt is terrible, absolutely terrible. Everything feels like I've played already on the previous MW. Singleplayer is a joke, it is way too short to be called a campaign, and multiplayer even worse with kids hurling abuses at each other making the experience worse and worse with each instalment. Don't waste your money. Throwing your money down the river would be a wiser investment than buying this game. Expand
  76. Nov 10, 2011
    EXTREMLY dissapointed, wasted a lot of money, when its pretty much the same as all the other cods, no changes what so ever, they need to up their game
  77. Nov 10, 2011
    Same dated engine, same graphics, same brainless shoot-em-up, still entertaining if you're into that kind of crap. Agree with most reviewers here, this game is just a $60 DLC. There's no way in hell I'm gonna buy any DLC for this. I'd rather play Battlefield 3 than this monotonous, blend, MW "expansion pack"
  78. Nov 10, 2011
    Really disappointing game. It is the letdown everyone was hoping it wouldn't be.

I really enjoyed playing through Black Ops multiplayer, and playing the previous COD's (although MW2 was pretty average I thought). The campaign mode in this game actually rather impressed me; the grand scale of all the battles helped me to look past the ever-spawning enemies and enjoy the action sequences. The story was also rounded off nicely. (note: my score pertains to this component of the game)

Multiplayer is a different story. The maps are shocking - way too small, and every one the same, broken buildings and corridors galore. There is no cohesion, the killstreaks don't work properly, graphics are crap etc. It really does feel like a bunch of crazied civilians running around shooting at each other.

As a side note, the great scores given to this game by critics (and the lousy ones given by the public) are a testament to the fact that the gaming industry does not have enough pressure on it to produce new and exciting things. The last one was COD4. Hopefully the next one will be soon.
  79. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is exact the same thing than MW2, except the name...

The campaign lasts only 3 hours and you will never play it again.

Save your money for Rage or Skyrim.
  80. Nov 10, 2011
    this game feels a lot like playing MW2, it has some new stuff but i feel like the maps have gotten worse and it seems to revolve around cqb. i payed 60$ for a game that is pretty much the same as its predecessors that cost a fraction of the price, so in a way i feel like i got scammed. i wouldn't recommend buying this game.
  81. Nov 10, 2011
    Honestly doesn't live up to the hype whatsoever. Feels like MW2 DLC, but worse. It seems that 3 studios can't do as good as one team like DICE or the original Infinity Ward. Who knew that COD would slip in standards like Tony Hawk Skateboarding, Guitar Hero, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro etc. Refund Please...
  82. Nov 10, 2011
    i guess it boils down to preferenece with me. if never been a big fan of the modern warfare titles and i believe waw and black ops are the superiors in the cod series. maybe they should put more time into there game and really get it right. push back the release like ufc 3 and try and guarentee i good experience. there team just isnt good at making deadlines probably.i guess i just feeli guess it boils down to preferenece with me. if never been a big fan of the modern warfare titles and i believe waw and black ops are the superiors in the cod series. maybe they should put more time into there game and really get it right. push back the release like ufc 3 and try and guarentee i good experience. there team just isnt good at making deadlines probably.i guess i just feel like there doing it wrong and slow. Expand
  83. Nov 10, 2011
    Okay I am getting sick and tired of all this rehash bull crap. Stop giving me the same crap with a new box. Great now I just paid $64 for an expansion. The while story while okay was way too damn short. I need something longer than 4 measly hours. Multiplayer, lets just say I will stick with MW2. Also they even reuse buildings used in CoD4. LAZY! Way to go on tarnishing a once good name.Okay I am getting sick and tired of all this rehash bull crap. Stop giving me the same crap with a new box. Great now I just paid $64 for an expansion. The while story while okay was way too damn short. I need something longer than 4 measly hours. Multiplayer, lets just say I will stick with MW2. Also they even reuse buildings used in CoD4. LAZY! Way to go on tarnishing a once good name. Im mad, Im furious, Im out! Expand
  84. Nov 10, 2011
    The garbage you've paying $60 every year is back and now it want to take another $50 for a service called Elite, what a rip off! MW3 is slapped together campaign, and a rehash of online feature. Stay away form games like this and get a quality game like Skyrim.
  85. Nov 10, 2011
    Dated graphics, awful sound and the game in general feels like something from 2007. Small linear maps, online is a worthless. Charging 60$ for the exact same game they released a year ago and the year before and the year before. How long do you think this will keep going? COD is DEAD.
  86. Nov 10, 2011
    Don't waste your money on a game that is nothing but a MW2 map pack. It's clear that anyone talented left IW and went with Zampella/West to Respawn.

I hope this backlash makes Activision realise that they can't get away with serving up this crap anymore.
  87. Nov 10, 2011
    Wow! I was so hyped about this game and this is what i get??

Pure **** they have reused all the old sounds and graphics it's just awful. This made me realize i'm playing a game that is from the 2009(Modern warfare 2) I used to love this game series but i think it started to get worse after Modern Warfare 2 If you're looking for a great FPS experience please try Battlefield 3 instead or
    Wow! I was so hyped about this game and this is what i get??

If you're looking for a great FPS experience please try Battlefield 3 instead or wait for any other FPS to release cause this made me disappointed.
  88. Nov 10, 2011
    "All it takes to bring Call of Duty down is the will of a single man"
    "All it takes to bring Call of Duty down is the will of a single man"
    Sorry Activsion i used to be a huge call of duty fan .. Especially MW series .. But when i played modern warfare 3 i didn't found anything special and the graphics are the same ... it's the same game over and over again !!!!!!! How many times we talked to Activision to change the game engine ??? But you don't listen to your FANS .. So now we won't listen to you anymore !!
  89. Nov 10, 2011
    MW3 is boring, I am sooo glad I paid $60 for MW2.5. The campaign is horribly boring, I quit half way through because I have better games to play. This season has too many good games to waste your time on this one.
  90. Nov 10, 2011
    The single player is the same old linear action movie wannabe ripoff that it always has been. Multiplayer has been changed up slightly but for the worse. Elite is a total ripoff. If you want a better Multiplayer experience go play battlefield 3.
  91. Nov 10, 2011
    Sooooo disappointed in this. Been a massive fan of COD since COD4 but unfortunately they just keep releasing the same game year on year. Dont buy this game get Battlefield 3 it is a million times better the game MW3 is. Everyone shop being a mug and keep buying the same game!!!!!!
  92. Nov 10, 2011
    59,99$ for a map pack that doesn't include stats tracking there is greedy then there's activision greedy.... The game doesnt live up the hype and why should we pay to be able to track our stats??? i real let down
  93. Nov 10, 2011
    Call of Duty has repeated the same tired formula year after year. Modern Warfare 3 does nothing to break this time-honored tradition that now feels so exasperated and overdone that I find it hard to believe that people still care about this game. Modern Warfare 3 strikes me as a glorified map pack that in no way justifies a $60 price tag.

The announcement of 20 (yes, twenty) DLC's

The announcement of 20 (yes, twenty) DLC's throughout the next year obviously signals an attempt by Activision to force their overpriced "Call of Duty: Elite" service on its user base, which costs another $50 per year. I see nothing in the Elite service that strikes me as revolutionary, nor could I ever justify paying $50 per year (or even $10 per year) on such an inane service. It tracks your stats and shows you overheads of maps. Back in the golden era of PC gaming, we got those types of services (as well as updates, new maps and weapons, and other major releases) for free. Now greedy companies like Activision want us to pay a continual fee for such services. It really displays the lack of dignity and respect game developers and publishers have for their customer base these days.

So to summarize:
    Activision would have us buy a $60 game which brings literally zero innovation to the table and offers little more than a re-skin of its prequel. Then Activision expects us to pay $50 per year so that we can track our stats online (you read that correctly, people). Then they announce 20 DLC updates within the next year, basically admitting that they sold us an incomplete game (but don't worry, for the small price of $50 per year, you can make your Call of Dutyâ
  94. Nov 10, 2011
    I give this game almost no rating because it is a repeat of the rest of their series and has no fun after 2 months. I chose Battlefield 3 over this because Battlefield is a new experience and actually is more fun. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 is only selling because of the popularity of the game. In my honest opinion almost any game is better than MW3, that's why I'm getting Saints RowI give this game almost no rating because it is a repeat of the rest of their series and has no fun after 2 months. I chose Battlefield 3 over this because Battlefield is a new experience and actually is more fun. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 is only selling because of the popularity of the game. In my honest opinion almost any game is better than MW3, that's why I'm getting Saints Row The Third over it. Call of Duty needs to listen to whats going and get something new and more realistic. Expand
  95. Nov 10, 2011
    this game is the EXACT same as mw2 and there are even recycled buildings. no effort has been put into this game at all its just a cut and paste version of mw2 they keep pumping out games every year and dont even bother to make it good because people will buy it anyways
  96. Nov 10, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3? A new videogame? I was thinking that was a DLC of 70$. You will feel like you've stepped back in time 6-7 years. The graphics are brown and grey and decay-esque, the gun sounds are horrible.
  97. Nov 10, 2011
    Worth renting, just nothing here that hasn't been done before. Activision simply milking the COD brand for all it is worth. I also bought BF3 this year and i shall be sticking to that series from now on. BF3 multiplayer is so much more rewarding
  98. Nov 10, 2011
    Is the game fun? Yes, it is fun, and it's polished. There are limitless things in the multiplayer to keep the hamster wheel going. It's also the same game I've been playing since Call of Duty MWF1, achievements, not gameplay elements, added in that are nothing more than DLC packs. Much like Occupy Wallstreet is teaching us, and National Bank Transfer day, consumers, like myself, areIs the game fun? Yes, it is fun, and it's polished. There are limitless things in the multiplayer to keep the hamster wheel going. It's also the same game I've been playing since Call of Duty MWF1, achievements, not gameplay elements, added in that are nothing more than DLC packs. Much like Occupy Wallstreet is teaching us, and National Bank Transfer day, consumers, like myself, are realizing that their voice can be heard. MW3 is a good game - but I'm tired of being a joke to the COD franchise staff, who I can envision saying in their meetings "Ha! Look how many people are buying the same exact product they bought last year!" YOU ARE DETRIMENTAL TO THE GAMING INDUSTRY!!! The standard for games HAS GOT to progress over the course of 5 years - YOU are proving otherwise. Expand
  99. Nov 10, 2011
    Totaly garbage.BF3 is much better . i doesn't change virtually anything, the graphics are the same, the game play is the same, most weapons are the same
  100. Nov 10, 2011
    same game for the 5th time this gen... until they make new engine new mechanics new everything it won't be worth **** worst part is they will milk you even more with their monthly map packs that suck anyway.. this is not the same IW i knew 5 years ago.. also all the high review scores were paid off.. nothing new here move on

1. Feb 10, 2012
    There's a tangible insistence from gamers that this series needs to evolve, but it seems unwarranted when it still leads the FPS class. The engine's definitely in need of an overhaul, but when it comes to thumping set-pieces and addictive multiplayer design, Modern Warfare 3 is still in a league of its own.
  2. Feb 1, 2012
    By sticking to the series' strengths, Modern Warfare 3 delivers some of the best competitive, cooperate, and single-player shooting in the business.
  3. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    Jan 4, 2012