Call of Juarez: The Cartel PlayStation 3

5.4

1. Jul 31, 2011
    I was really surprised when I read some of the reviews AFTER I finished the game. It has some flaws but it's a really fun game, one of really few that let you play in co-op. The ONLY ONE that features a good story to be played with 3 characters and what's more it differs for each character. I really had fun playing it with my friends. So the press reviews don't give this game justice imo.I was really surprised when I read some of the reviews AFTER I finished the game. It has some flaws but it's a really fun game, one of really few that let you play in co-op. The ONLY ONE that features a good story to be played with 3 characters and what's more it differs for each character. I really had fun playing it with my friends. So the press reviews don't give this game justice imo.
    Good choice for me for this summer.
  2. Aug 12, 2011
    Wow--I can't believe this game is rated so poorly--yea its not the greatest game--but it's also much better tan some of the game out there--

I've played through about half of it so far and the story is actually interesting for once in a FPS--although there are some mechanics issues--they aren't really that terrible---you get the occasions screen tears and glitching but what game hasn't come out in the last year that hasn't had issues upon release--It has some interesting things happening in it and so far am quite intrigued and entertained by it. As for the graphics--I noticed that was a key issue with many of the reviews---well sirs and madams it ain't that bad--I've seen some games that are much worse and have gotten much better reviews so I'm not sure what the big deal is. My only real bothersome issue with this game is the gun accuracy--outside of that---I think its a pretty decent--enjoyable game---with an entertaining story.. And the fact that you can play the game as all 3 characters and online coop with 2 other people is pretty cool.
  3. Aug 3, 2011
    haven't finished the campaign yet it's 7/10 for me but were having a blast in multiplayer! seriously ppl need to pick this up and play the missions it's the cops vs. robbers all kids love to play but with real looking guns lol!!

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Oct 6, 2011
    Sure, there are some minor kicks in three player co-op, but they're very short-lived and fraught with frustration. Call of Juarez should have stuck to its guns and remained an Old Wild Western. Avoid this like you would the real po-lice. [October 2011 p80]
  2. Sep 16, 2011
    What's most disappointing about The Cartel is that it feels like a point of no return for what was once a promising franchise. It has really dropped the ball on the whole Western motif in favor of mostly grim urban environments and an almost actively disengaging plot.
  3. Sep 13, 2011
    Call of Juarez: The Cartel is a hodgepodge of bad ideas and performance issues. Even if you can get past the technical problems, this heavy-handed action game never quite lives up to its potential. If you have a couple friends to play with you might get some fun out of it, everybody else might want to look elsewhere for their first-person fix!