7.2

1. Jul 20, 2011
    Despite what the major review sites would lead you to believe, this is a pretty solid game. It may not be the prettiest, most polished or innovative, but it is fun. If you enjoyed Batman: Arkham Asylum or are a fan of Captain America in general, you're probably going to enjoy this game. It certainly deserves better than being relegated to the trash heap of history for simply being aDespite what the major review sites would lead you to believe, this is a pretty solid game. It may not be the prettiest, most polished or innovative, but it is fun. If you enjoyed Batman: Arkham Asylum or are a fan of Captain America in general, you're probably going to enjoy this game. It certainly deserves better than being relegated to the trash heap of history for simply being a movie tie-in game. You can pick it up on the cheap at Amazon. Expand
  2. Oct 5, 2011
    Don't let the critics fool you. This is not BY ALL MEANS a mediocre game. Actually, it's one of the best games I've played recently. I had TONS of fun with it. Who cares if it's (kind of) inspired by Arkham Asylum's fight mechanics? As far as I know, 1 million games copy God of War's timed events. Does anyone complain? Captain America Super Soldier is a GREAT SURPRISE on a wasteland ofDon't let the critics fool you. This is not BY ALL MEANS a mediocre game. Actually, it's one of the best games I've played recently. I had TONS of fun with it. Who cares if it's (kind of) inspired by Arkham Asylum's fight mechanics? As far as I know, 1 million games copy God of War's timed events. Does anyone complain? Captain America Super Soldier is a GREAT SURPRISE on a wasteland of movie-inspired games. DON'T LET THE CRITICS FOOL YOU. This is a very good game. Expand
  3. Jul 20, 2011
    i agree with other reviewers, the game is solid. its not perfect by any means, but if you love cap than pick this up! its cheap on amazon! as u already know the fighting mechanics are solid, and its simple fun to play. i fully recommend it.
  4. Oct 25, 2011
    This game was a pleasant surprise for me as it was quite universally panned as simply being â
  5. Jul 20, 2011
    This is a FUN game! I played it on 'Avenger' mode and found it to be a fairly decent challenge. The puzzle games are a bit weak but the combat beat 'em up action is great fun! The fighting control is much smoother and more graceful than Arkham... which I found to be a bit too constricted. Watching the Captain flip from one enemy to throw a fist into the face of another in slow motion thenThis is a FUN game! I played it on 'Avenger' mode and found it to be a fairly decent challenge. The puzzle games are a bit weak but the combat beat 'em up action is great fun! The fighting control is much smoother and more graceful than Arkham... which I found to be a bit too constricted. Watching the Captain flip from one enemy to throw a fist into the face of another in slow motion then skillfully tossing his shield at not one but two ranged enemies was a blast and worked all too well! If you like a bit of a challenge and enjoy hunting down collectables, I suggest you wait until after you've completed the game. You can return to the castle from your last save. The enemy encounters are waaaay more satisfying and challenging throughout the castle as you back track through it. More enemy diversity, bigger enemies where you wouldn't expect them... etc. Expand
  6. Jul 21, 2011
    Another unappreciated sleeper hit where the review sites assume the worse. How can this game be rated low because it mimics the best feature in Batman AA - combat? This is the most addicting and fun aspect of Captain America! The game has a few shortfalls being it's too short and it should have had more of a story to it. But the execution of making people FEEL like Captain America isAnother unappreciated sleeper hit where the review sites assume the worse. How can this game be rated low because it mimics the best feature in Batman AA - combat? This is the most addicting and fun aspect of Captain America! The game has a few shortfalls being it's too short and it should have had more of a story to it. But the execution of making people FEEL like Captain America is astounding. The sound effects are spot on and the character dialogue is great! Graphics are on par with modern games today and the gameplay is one of the best a superhero game has to offer. 9/10. Expand
  7. Jul 19, 2011
    Just to counter those who compare this, 'a movie game' to Arkham Asylum, 'not a movie game' need to understand these games are made by small teams with laughable short development time.
  8. Jul 21, 2011
    I'm giving this a 10 solely hoping that the 10 helps balance out the low scores from people who obviously didn't play the final retail copy. Truthfully it's a 7-8, but I saw none of the framerate issues that the pro reviewers whined about. I enjoyed the combat system, and eventually decimating crowds of enemies was even easier than in Arkham, and almost a little more gratifying. II'm giving this a 10 solely hoping that the 10 helps balance out the low scores from people who obviously didn't play the final retail copy. Truthfully it's a 7-8, but I saw none of the framerate issues that the pro reviewers whined about. I enjoyed the combat system, and eventually decimating crowds of enemies was even easier than in Arkham, and almost a little more gratifying. I completed a single run with 67% of trophies, if there's any major fault with the game it's not much replay value.

Another case of the pros getting it wrong again, which seems to be happening pretty often here lately. Is it money?
  9. Jul 23, 2011
    Reviewers work like this; video game companies will brive their way to a good review by sending little free items their way to push for a good rating. If they don't then their chances of a good review are slim. Such as in this case. All of us gamers played it and loved it, as such we gave it a great review as you can see. The game is awesome and plays like Batman, if not better. Play itReviewers work like this; video game companies will brive their way to a good review by sending little free items their way to push for a good rating. If they don't then their chances of a good review are slim. Such as in this case. All of us gamers played it and loved it, as such we gave it a great review as you can see. The game is awesome and plays like Batman, if not better. Play it and enjoy the greatness that is, Captain America. Expand
  10. Jul 19, 2011
    First off - I enjoyed this game. I saw a lot of bad reviews about it, but I didn't really find anything inherently wrong in this game. It's a very cool action game with some nice graphics and combat. Sure, every game has it's flaws, but overall it was a good game.
  11. Jan 8, 2012
    This game is extremely fun to play and the combat system makes fighting a blast. You move effortlessly between punches, kicks and counters all with fluid motions.
  12. Jun 19, 2012
    I liked this game because it has got loads of combat violence and that's what I like in a game, I also like boss battles in this games because it still goes slow-motion when you punch or kick the boss just like when fighting enemies, the graphics are good, and Sega could of at least made the objectives easier to understand.
  13. May 30, 2013
    This is a pretty solid game. I decided to get this game after I heard it was similar to Arkham Asylum and it was in a way. You can counter enemy attacks just like in Arkham and in addition you can deflect bullets back to your enemies with your shield. This is not a typical movie tie-in game.

1. Captain America: Super Soldier is rudimentary gaming at its worst, a tired old melange of linear corridor crawling and basic brawling. It's utterly unsatisfying. That the whole thing weighs in at a squidge over four hours only further sabotages any shred of quality that managed to smuggle itself into the final game. Don't play this. [September 2011 p76]
  2. Sep 8, 2011
    It's no Game of the Year, but it's a solid product for fans.
  3. Sep 1, 2011
    The man packs a punch, but boring design and repetitive action leaves him hiding in the Dark Knight's shadow. [Oct 2011, p.103]