6.3

1. Apr 11, 2015
    One word: AMAZING. Great, gripping story. Fluid combat. Beautiful graphics. Fast paced multiplayer. Crysis 3, baby.

This game made me so hyped for Crysis 4.
  2. Feb 13, 2014
    stunning visuals in 3d. superb music. cool open world. great game.the game is awesome. love it on my ps3. nothing to complain about. only where is crysis 4!
  3. Mar 30, 2013
    I normally only play 3rd person shooters but took a leap of faith and tried this one out. I am gad I did, I loved it! This was a great game till like the last 2 missions, it's like they gave up on it.
  4. Mar 15, 2013
    Crysis 3 disappointed me back in E3 2012 but thankfully the game really exceeded my expectations by almost a mile. So, what makes this game so great? First of all, its the Cryengine 3 and its awesome capabilities that gives the game such a unique and expensive feel to it, and im not just talking about thetechnical graphics, I'll cover the rest later. Speaking of graphics (I could go on forCrysis 3 disappointed me back in E3 2012 but thankfully the game really exceeded my expectations by almost a mile. So, what makes this game so great? First of all, its the Cryengine 3 and its awesome capabilities that gives the game such a unique and expensive feel to it, and im not just talking about thetechnical graphics, I'll cover the rest later. Speaking of graphics (I could go on for an our about how incredible the graphics are) Crysis 3 is no doubt the best looking game on all platforms. While still impressive on consoles, it's an early next-gen experience for PC gamers. The game is so packed with details it's sometimes hard not to just wander around and marvel at the visuals. I played the game on PS3 as well, and I eventually found myself zooming in at a plant with my sniper rifle, surprisingly the plant was still high-res and detailed unlike most other console games where the texture would end up looking washed out. This, in a console game! When it comes to artistic design developer Crytek has decided to combine the lush jungle environment in the first game (just like the fans wanted) with the urban setting of Crysis 2 and made the city of New York a giant greenhouse(literary an urban jungle this time). This is pure nature reclaiming what belongs to it. The beautiful trees and plants, the water, the tall grass, the excellent sound design and the addition of new lensflares makes the environment come to life. It creates an atmosphere of humidity and heat I've never experienced before. The music score is also very well done if not better than crysis 2 in some areas, this shows that crysis 3 will not only please your eyes, but ears as well. I really recommend playing the game with headphones (adds to the experience a lot).
    So back to Cryengine 3, the core design method of the series. Did I mention Crysis 3 is a mix of 1 and 2? The level design works like a funnel. It's pretty straight forward and dialog heavy at first but later on the game expands itself throughout until it's very much comparable to the original Crysis, you even have vehicles to drive around with although not as many as in Crysis 1. Considering the amount of tools, mechanics, and nanosuit finesses in these 7 environments the possibilities are almost overwhelming. Simply play in a way that fits your personal style. Crysis has always been about adaptive warfare, that means you control the pacing by choosing your path, and you can use the environment to your advantage. This allow for a ridiculous amount of replay value not to mention the many collectibles and weapon attachments spread out in the liberty dome. The human enemy Cell AI is the best I've seen in a videogame. They rarely glitch (cough* crysis 2 cough*) and feel like real soldiers at times. They communicate and respond in a believable way and can think tactically (call for reinforcements, regroup and assault etc). The traditional Ceph grunt is similar to the ones in crysis 2 (except they doesn't get stuck in walls), however here we get to experience newer ceph units such as a big metallic, fire breathing bug or a velociraptor like stalker unit with long sharp claws. I don't think people realize how advanced and how much effort has been put into the Cryengine 3. Story wise the dialog shows mercy to its audience this time. Many didn't like the story of crysis 2 because it was so cryptic, Crysis 3 in the other hand fills nearly all questions and holes of the series, It explains why the enemy ceph are so different in crysis 2 compared to 1 for an example.
    The game is definitely the most story driven of the three, there is so much depth and detail to it and if you really understand the story of the crysis universe you will be interested. (details also referred to as cell intel) The story also focuses a lot on characters and dialog especially the relationship between Prophet (main character) and Psycho (side character), they both have solid personalities. The dialog is about distrust and can get quite touching and psychological at times, voice acting is also well done. Multiplayer has been very much refined fixing a lot of the bugs and flaws of the previous game, unfortunately there is no powerstruggle mode fans have been raving about as the game expands upon the crysis 2 multiplayer. There are a few innovative modes such as "Hunter mode" but there is also the traditional team deathmatch and capture the flag. There is a progression and customization system similar to many other mp shooters. You have many different weapons, perks and attachment. The gameplay is incredibly fluid and almost feels like an arena shooter. A VTOL and an alien walker has been added to the mix to spread the chaos even more. Multiplayer is something most people will enjoy but I personally play Crysis for its singleplayer. Crysis 3 is a super game in almost every way so it gets a 9.5 out of 10.
  5. Mar 5, 2013
    The single player is okay but the Multiplayer stands out. It's a blend of battlefield and halo, but with a lot more strategy in how to manage your suits energy. It's really a blast
  6. Mar 2, 2013
    The character development is non-existent. The plot is forgettable. The weapons are good, not great. Upgrades take too long to achieve. The grass moves funny. The AI cheats at times, spotting you the second you uncloak no matter how obscure your position. But when you're crawling your way through a drowned New York City, cloaking, stealth killing, and problem-solving your way to finishThe character development is non-existent. The plot is forgettable. The weapons are good, not great. Upgrades take too long to achieve. The grass moves funny. The AI cheats at times, spotting you the second you uncloak no matter how obscure your position. But when you're crawling your way through a drowned New York City, cloaking, stealth killing, and problem-solving your way to finish levels, it's all worth it and then some. Awesome scale, polished visuals, and responsive controls make it better than Crysis 1 or 2 IMHO. This is not a great game, but it's very good--a must-play in spite of its flaws. Expand
  7. Mar 1, 2013
    It's the first Crysis game I've tried on a console instead of PC and I must say it looks damn impressive, especially considering the outdated tech powering the good ol' PS3. But Crysis was never just about graphics for me, but gameplay and story. Gameplay doesn't exactly change from C2, with few additions like the overpowered bow (Firing while cloaked? please. Still satisfying to killIt's the first Crysis game I've tried on a console instead of PC and I must say it looks damn impressive, especially considering the outdated tech powering the good ol' PS3. But Crysis was never just about graphics for me, but gameplay and story. Gameplay doesn't exactly change from C2, with few additions like the overpowered bow (Firing while cloaked? please. Still satisfying to kill with, though.) and the hacking minigame which you can't cancel once triggered. But the storyline is this iteration's strong point now it's more personal, quoting the game, "it's never been just about the suit", with a great memorable ending. Level design is also a major improvement, with 7 beautiful and non-linear levels, which are larger than in C2, but (of course) smaller than in the original. As for multiplayer, it is quite engaging, and the Hunter mode kicks ass. One big letdown is the game's length even with all the side missions and some datapad hunting, the slow and steady stealth playthrough took me only 7 hours 20 minutes. By the way, the datapads contain some very interesting background information with some plot base for possible future games (Are you sure that Nomad's dead?) To sum up, the overall impression is that the game is more of a standalone expansion like Warhead was to original Crysis, and not the actual third part of the trilogy, with its shortness and few gameplay changes. However, it's a damn good add-on, improving on Crysis 2 in everything but the game's length, and it's a damn good game overall. They called him Prophet. And I will remember him. Expand
  8. Feb 21, 2013
    Although i was not waiting for this game to come out nearly as much as i was waiting for crysis 2 2 years ago, i still like this game. best game that has come out so far this year. singleplayer gives many different ways to engage the enemy and not just by picking up a SMG instead of assault rifle. also, its not just average 3-4 hour singleplayer. the multiplayer fixes almost everything iAlthough i was not waiting for this game to come out nearly as much as i was waiting for crysis 2 2 years ago, i still like this game. best game that has come out so far this year. singleplayer gives many different ways to engage the enemy and not just by picking up a SMG instead of assault rifle. also, its not just average 3-4 hour singleplayer. the multiplayer fixes almost everything i didnt like about crysis 2, for example, crysis 2 was a lot of energy saving because sprint, armor and cloak all used the same energy bar, now you can sprint as long as you want and cloak and armor have their own separate bars. and if your wondering your PS3 wont handle this game because the hardware is dated:dont. this game runs perfectly or PS3. PS4 comes out this year but this will beone the most beautiful games you will ever see on PS3. Expand

1. Apr 23, 2013
    Stunning to look at, but the experience within its gorgeously rendered environments ultimately lacks substance. [Issue#230, p.76]
  2. The beautiful and eerie locations give Crysis 3 a great atmosphere. Cowering in the tall grass, while being hunted by bloodthirsty aliens, reminded us of the terrifying raptor-scene from Jurassic Park. Blowing up a giant dam caused a spectacle big enough to make our inner vandal smile. [April 2013, p.80]
  3. Apr 8, 2013
    All-in-all Crysis 3 is a great package, despite burning bright half as long. It may have not been exactly what all the fans wanted, but it does a great job of trying to appease as many as it can without sacrificing too much. Add to this a decent, if not groundbreaking multiplayer suite and you have a solid FPS that is more than worth a look.