6.2

1. Aug 16, 2014
    Crysis 2 was one of my favorite games of 2011, so naturally I had pretty high expectations for this one. While overall it is an enjoyable shooter not even the nanosuit powers and large open environments are enough to put it at the top of the FPS pile. Considering this series is known for having the best graphics out there I'm a little disappointed to say that, while gorgeous, the gameCrysis 2 was one of my favorite games of 2011, so naturally I had pretty high expectations for this one. While overall it is an enjoyable shooter not even the nanosuit powers and large open environments are enough to put it at the top of the FPS pile. Considering this series is known for having the best graphics out there I'm a little disappointed to say that, while gorgeous, the game isn't as graphically phenomenal as previous games in the series were. It's still on the high-end of PS3 games, and still puts many other games to shame, but considering that Crysis 2 was the best looking console game ever when it launched I was expecting more. The series doesn't deliver the mind-blowing graphical quality it's known for.

The single-player campaign is a lot of fun. Cloaking and sneaking around your enemies like a Predator is awesome, and busting out the enhanced armor and rolling through enemies like a tank is just as cool. These nanosuit powers and wide open levels allow you to approach situations any way you see fit. It's a type of freedom you don't get in many other FPS games these days. It also has the most easy to follow story in the series, but that doesn't really make it interesting. It's also still bogged down by the confusing narrative of the previous games. Still the campaign is a fun, if brief, experience that will entertain until the credits roll.

Multiplayer is about what you would expect from a modern FPS. The progression system pumps out goodies like new weapons or attachments and such as you level up and it has all the modes you would expect now that COD has dominated the scene. Remarkably the nanosuit powers don't really add anything to the multiplayer experience. They're just sort of there. The real standout of the multiplayer offering is the "Hunter mode," which pits a group of regular cell operatives against nanosuit wearing hunters. Here is about the only time nanosuit powers have any effect, and it's just a heck of a lot of fun to try and survive until time runs out as a cell operative, or hunt down as many players as possible as a nanosuit user. It's addicting and the reason I see players sticking around for.

Overall Crysis 3 offers a very nice package. It might not always impress in this overcrowded military FPS market we have today, but there's enough here to make it worth a look. I'm just disappointed that it didn't blow me away the same way Crysis 2 did. It's an acceptable follow up, and the Hunter mode will make it a great addition to your multiplayer rotation even if the lack of other interesting modes mean it won't stay there for long. My total score for it is a 7.4/10.
  2. Feb 21, 2013
    Graphically impressive, but graphics alone don't make a game great. It's the same boring shoot a ton of bad guys that we have done in pretty much every fps.
  3. Sep 3, 2014
    Never played a Crysis game before, so I was looking forward to what all the fuss is about. Started as a typical modern shooter, but unfortunately ended up being pretty annoying piece of crap. I liked some of the locations, post-apo NY with forests everywhere matches your stealthy nano suit perfectly, using bow, sniping the guards. If I was 10 years old, I would probably love this game justNever played a Crysis game before, so I was looking forward to what all the fuss is about. Started as a typical modern shooter, but unfortunately ended up being pretty annoying piece of crap. I liked some of the locations, post-apo NY with forests everywhere matches your stealthy nano suit perfectly, using bow, sniping the guards. If I was 10 years old, I would probably love this game just for this. About halfway through it changes, aliens are starting to appear, environment gets less interesting and by the end it's just a typical annoying hysteria with ugly locations, annoying combats with aliens, tedious boss fights and all that accompanied by the speech of terrible voice actor of your main character. So I liked the concept and some parts, I liked the music and I was ready to give it 6 as a slightly above average modern FPS, but the last third of the game just killed it for me. Not sure why the devs always need to push such a cliche near the end and ruin their potentially good games. 4/10 Expand
  4. Nov 20, 2013
    OVERALL:
    OVERALL:
    If you feel like taking on an epic conspiracy by a combination of stealth and "ramboesque" action, this game is like a really well crafted action blockbuster with you in that role. Like a combo of cool action films, alien movies, and Metal Gear Solid. The campaign was satisfying in lenght and variation, and was open enough to warrant multiple playthroughs for achievements etc. It gets a 7/10 from me because it's a solid and memorable AAA action/scifi ride, but it lacks the 'must play originality' that higher grades are reserved for.

GRAPHICS:
    While not overly impressive, the visuals are still immersive, and some effects are impressive even in 2013.

GAMEPLAY:
    On the surface, it's a standard cover-based shooter where you run for cover and shoot batches of enemies. But it tweaks the standard gameplay with 'special states' you can be in, where stealth becomes important, or where brutal action becomes important. These are timed states, so you have to economize with every move. It's a cool way to keep the genre fresh. Also, the scenes are fairly open-world, so many times you really have a lot of choice in how to approach the challenges.

SOUND:
    Great sound effects, great music. Voice acting is good.

EXTRAS:
    Lots of statistics about your progress, and collectible audio files and text bits. They're not super exciting, but still make the game feel more immersive. Multiplayer is really well rounded by lots of game modes. Not super active community, but it's there.

BEST BITS:
    The hunting bow works so well and has different empowering ammo. The scripted events are grand-scale and the story is of veery epic proportions. The game can be played with no prior knowledge of the series, and I can't imagine the other entries are better than '3'.

WORST BITS:
    The next destination is always present on the HUD/radar, so you never feel you're just 'there' in the game world.... Story and gameplay has lots of clichés, but still it shows good taste and quality. The companion AI character was entirely scripted, nothing to interact with, so when he/she was there, you were constantly reminded "this is a game".
  5. Mar 12, 2013
    For a game that boasts graphical superiority, Crysis 3 in fact looks the top end of average for a PS3 game(obviously not the case on PC). While this may disappoint, Crysis 3 excels in it gameplay. While I found the single player a little too underwhelming I found the multiplayer a stand out. With fast paced fluid combat that tops anything else before it. Which is strange as they neverFor a game that boasts graphical superiority, Crysis 3 in fact looks the top end of average for a PS3 game(obviously not the case on PC). While this may disappoint, Crysis 3 excels in it gameplay. While I found the single player a little too underwhelming I found the multiplayer a stand out. With fast paced fluid combat that tops anything else before it. Which is strange as they never really mentioned it at any of the previews. However starting off in multiplayer you're likely to find it an unfair battle. Because the guns are way too overpowered. But overall the game is good. Not too different from number 2 though. Expand
  6. Aug 14, 2014
    Pretty much all you need to know is buy this game for the multiplayer, treat the single player as a bonus. I tried to get into the singleplayer, but I couldn't. Go here, shoot that, go stealth; melee that, etc. Too boring for me to continue after a couple hours with a rather generic story. But the multiplayer for me was very fun and addictive. It pretty much feels like cod and killzone,Pretty much all you need to know is buy this game for the multiplayer, treat the single player as a bonus. I tried to get into the singleplayer, but I couldn't. Go here, shoot that, go stealth; melee that, etc. Too boring for me to continue after a couple hours with a rather generic story. But the multiplayer for me was very fun and addictive. It pretty much feels like cod and killzone, which in general is a good thing. Now to be more specific it's cod with a nanosuit (cloak/armor/superjump). But those things make the multiplayer feel very fast paced and just different enough from other first person shooter's for me to enjoy it. It's not perfect as it does feel TOO much like cod and is pretty barebone's at that (too little support killstreaks). Otherwise a solid multiplayer with a tacked on singleplayer. Expand
  7. Mar 1, 2013
    It's the first Crysis game I've tried on a console instead of PC and I must say it looks damn impressive, especially considering the outdated tech powering the good ol' PS3. But Crysis was never just about graphics for me, but gameplay and story. Gameplay doesn't exactly change from C2, with few additions like the overpowered bow (Firing while cloaked? please. Still satisfying to killIt's the first Crysis game I've tried on a console instead of PC and I must say it looks damn impressive, especially considering the outdated tech powering the good ol' PS3. But Crysis was never just about graphics for me, but gameplay and story. Gameplay doesn't exactly change from C2, with few additions like the overpowered bow (Firing while cloaked? please. Still satisfying to kill with, though.) and the hacking minigame which you can't cancel once triggered. But the storyline is this iteration's strong point now it's more personal, quoting the game, "it's never been just about the suit", with a great memorable ending. Level design is also a major improvement, with 7 beautiful and non-linear levels, which are larger than in C2, but (of course) smaller than in the original. As for multiplayer, it is quite engaging, and the Hunter mode kicks ass. One big letdown is the game's length even with all the side missions and some datapad hunting, the slow and steady stealth playthrough took me only 7 hours 20 minutes. By the way, the datapads contain some very interesting background information with some plot base for possible future games (Are you sure that Nomad's dead?) To sum up, the overall impression is that the game is more of a standalone expansion like Warhead was to original Crysis, and not the actual third part of the trilogy, with its shortness and few gameplay changes. However, it's a damn good add-on, improving on Crysis 2 in everything but the game's length, and it's a damn good game overall. They called him Prophet. And I will remember him. Expand
  8. Nov 6, 2013
    This is my favourite Crysis game. It is shorter and sweeter. The plot isn't the best you're going to find this year, but it's there. The gameplay is superb as you might expect. Not a lot has changed since Crysis 2. The inclusion of the Predator Bow is awesome and makes the game better for it.
  9. Jun 3, 2013
    Only about a 7hrs of game play. Looks stunning for an aging PS3 but no comparison to PC. For how short the game was the story is what really drew me in. The ending is fantastic. Not worth $60.
  10. Feb 25, 2013
    Crysis 3 looks decent enough just good graphics not excellent this is were the console versions suffer slightly compared too pc graphics. I have noticed objects popping up in front of me quite a bit while playing single player. Having said that the game play is solid the guns feel weighty and the sound fx are great the enemy ai seems to have improved from crysis 2 as well. The difficultiesCrysis 3 looks decent enough just good graphics not excellent this is were the console versions suffer slightly compared too pc graphics. I have noticed objects popping up in front of me quite a bit while playing single player. Having said that the game play is solid the guns feel weighty and the sound fx are great the enemy ai seems to have improved from crysis 2 as well. The difficulties above normal are a good challenge hard or above is recommended for a second play thru. The campaign intro is really good if you have played crysis 2 and really gets you ready for stepping into prophets suit one final time. The multi player offers plenty of old favorites like crash site/ spears a king of the hill domination mode, capture the relay,crysis3 take on capture the flag, data capture, the new hunter mode and the standard team death match, deathmatch, with nanosuit or without the suits as cell operatives which adds a new twist to the gameplay. All in all a comprehensive package for fans of the series or players who want a solid multiplayer game with good net code and a stable server. Expand
  11. Jan 15, 2014
    Crysis series single player is what the Halo series should have turned into. In fact, playing Crysis for the first time was a lot like what playing Combat Evolved was like for the first time: original story, awesome open set-pieces, refined and fluid gameplay, and solid state-of-the-art graphics. Crysis 3 gives more of the same.

Story is nothing substantial. It is fairly short

Story is nothing substantial. It is fairly short (depending how you play the game). Took me probably about 8 hours. Graphics are of course the best of the system. They don’t seem nearly as impressive as 2’s however. The set-pieces vary, but some in the latter stages of the game are more impressive than a few early on. In this game, the bigger ones seemed to be the better ones.

The weapon’s look and feel are still the best of any FPS. There are plenty of decent weapons that vary greatly. All pack quite the punch and all are fun to use. Probably the biggest addition is the bow. The bow makes the game significantly better moreso than I could have imagined. It is fun to use a weapon that doesn’t take up suit energy so it really enhances the stealth aspect of the game.

Stealth has the same pitfalls as Far Cry 3. As a game that is supposed to have a huge stealth element, it isn’t always user-friendly. The stealth kills are temperamental perhaps as much as 2’s was, which significantly hampers the fun of the stealth especially if you are trying to flawlessly pass a level. This can actually get pretty frustrating. The other thing is over vigilant enemies. When out of cloaking mode, it will feel as if you are covered in fluorescent orange paint with a “Shoot Me” sign hanging 20 feet above your head. You could be in the bushes and an unaware enemy hundreds of yards away could start shooting at you. This makes stealth more binary than in most similar games. Overall the gameplay is still my favorite among stealth games. It allows for “quick” on the fly stealth and satisfying quick stealth-to-firefight (and vice versa) modes of fighting.

A few other minor complaints are that the vehicle driving is a chore. The controls are way too tight and the PS3 framerate didn’t seem to handle the speed that well. The suit upgrades are not very good this time around. I actually found the first set of upgrades the most useful.

Crysis 3 will could easily warrant another playthrough, but nothing else . It needs a better multiplayer to dethrone its competitors. When accounting for the total value, I give it only 4 stars.
  12. May 18, 2013
    The most important thing: It's actually playable. The bad news: The skill ceiling is gone in the multiplayer and the singleplayer is even shorter and easier.

The singleplayer is pretty much the same as in Crysis 2. There's a lot less hand helding, but it's a bit more linear at times (Following a silly character, that shouldn't be included in Crysis!). I like that sprinting doesn't require energy and that power jumping and throwing doesn't drain all the energy. It isn't much better though.

The problems of the singleplayer are how easy and short the game is. You can literally run through the campaign within 60-80 minutes. And even if you tried to play the game in the hardest difficulty level, it's still extremely easy. Cloak makes it extremely easy to kill enemies, while bow literally ruins the singleplayer. It would have also been a lot more entertaining, if Crytek tried to show some of the stuff told in the game. For example, showing fights between the rebels and C.E.L.L (The must-have evil corporation, which conquers the world with raisins).

The multiplayer is now a lot more fast paced, and a lot more fun than Crysis 2 with even better map design and interactive enviroment. But just like the singleplayer, it also has many problems. Being a host pretty much means the game is unplayable due to lag compensation and terrible FPS problem. The hit detection isn't good to begin with, but it's ridicolous while being the host. The second problem is the lack of skill ceiling. You can literally be on-par with a better player by picking a specific weapon and perks err modules. It ruins the competitive aspect of the game and it ruins the competitive gameplay unless everyone agrees to use Maneuverability (Increases movement speed and makes the game more entertaining) module only.

If Crytek didn't make the multiplayer easier and rush the singleplayer, the game would have been fantastic. Now it's wasted potential, which screams for improvements. And considering current-gen consoles lack in good FPS games.
  13. Mar 7, 2013
    Campaign was just over six hours. I basically just walked through the whole game in stealth, it was so boring and un-engaging. The story was supposed to be psychological but I seriously had no emotional response to it. There were way too many cut-scenes that left me wondering, "Why am I not controlling my character right now?" FFS, the majority of the endgame is comprised of QuickTimeCampaign was just over six hours. I basically just walked through the whole game in stealth, it was so boring and un-engaging. The story was supposed to be psychological but I seriously had no emotional response to it. There were way too many cut-scenes that left me wondering, "Why am I not controlling my character right now?" FFS, the majority of the endgame is comprised of QuickTime events. Focus on multi-player is a cop-out. Mutli-player means that developers get to stop working after the levels are built and they expect the customer to create their own sense of immersion. F that. Some 12-year-old d!p$#!t crying on team-speak does not help create atmosphere. If all I want to do is "compete", I'll play Call of Duty (which will never happen). I bought Crysis for the story and SciFi setting. The story and single-player campaign deserved more attention. Same price as previous titles, a lot less content and a whole lot more Hollywood. Thumbs down. This was a linear, boring, waste of money. Three points for having the most gorgeous graphics of any game ever. Expand
  14. Mar 6, 2013
    Crysis 3 has its moments but repeated over and over and over well you get the point. A+ for graphics and sounds. But what lacks in this edition is the lack of depth in story. Maybe its just me but these FPS are really getting watered down in game play and other elements. Zero memorable moments for me and more of the same with the nano suit which is still the best feature in the CrysisCrysis 3 has its moments but repeated over and over and over well you get the point. A+ for graphics and sounds. But what lacks in this edition is the lack of depth in story. Maybe its just me but these FPS are really getting watered down in game play and other elements. Zero memorable moments for me and more of the same with the nano suit which is still the best feature in the Crysis games. I never felt for the characters in game nor did I have any WOW moments. Despite all my negatives there are still a few positives including, upgradable characteristics and of course the nano suit. This was a simple decision for me as 7/10 was the easy pick. Crysis 3 looses points for quality in the story and lack of innovation in game play and level design. FPS's are beginning to be a joke in this generation of gaming. This one reviewed seems to be a split decision between user reviews. I still enjoy Crysis 2 as the best Crysis game. Expand
  15. Feb 20, 2013
    The only saving grace is the singleplayer which for some odd reason features horrible ai, even on the hardest difficulty. I'm only a few missions in but im easily able to simply run past everyone only shooting a few people to beat a mission. The storyline, voice acting and graphics are the best part about the experience they are nex gen quality. Multiplayer is average at best and bringsThe only saving grace is the singleplayer which for some odd reason features horrible ai, even on the hardest difficulty. I'm only a few missions in but im easily able to simply run past everyone only shooting a few people to beat a mission. The storyline, voice acting and graphics are the best part about the experience they are nex gen quality. Multiplayer is average at best and brings nothing new to the table at all. In my opinion I had more fun with Crysis 2 multiplayer as this version of the game is 100% dumbed down even further for the call of duty audience, and it looks like it sold like a turd, less than 1,000 players online all together. Expect LAGGY hosts and 0 players in every mode not names tdm, ffa, spears and crash site. Minimal improvements have been made as well compared to crysis 2 mp this feels like nothing more than a map pack with different Killstreaks. Piss poor job EA. Expand
  16. Oct 18, 2013
    Crysis 3 has the ability to be really easy with all your abilities at hand, and the fact that the game is quite short means you can breeze through the game without having to think much. Although I enjoyed playing the game a 2nd time around on the hardest difficulty, it still felt like I wasn't being challenged all too often. Gameplay is smooth and the graphics is great, so it's worthCrysis 3 has the ability to be really easy with all your abilities at hand, and the fact that the game is quite short means you can breeze through the game without having to think much. Although I enjoyed playing the game a 2nd time around on the hardest difficulty, it still felt like I wasn't being challenged all too often. Gameplay is smooth and the graphics is great, so it's worth buying at a price drop. Expand
  17. Sep 23, 2013
    the sp is short but fun great stealh big maps only your doing the same thing over and over. the story isnt great eather the voice acting is solid and you got some awesome graphic in this game shooting feels great and fun. the mp is realy cool the hunter mode is realy fun keeps you playing longer the other mode's are just rip ofs of cod only you can be inviseble fore a few second but justthe sp is short but fun great stealh big maps only your doing the same thing over and over. the story isnt great eather the voice acting is solid and you got some awesome graphic in this game shooting feels great and fun. the mp is realy cool the hunter mode is realy fun keeps you playing longer the other mode's are just rip ofs of cod only you can be inviseble fore a few second but just the same leveling and futher a solid game withs a lot of fun action 7.5/10 Collapse
  18. Feb 8, 2014
    Why the game is becoming from a sci-fic to magic-fic genre? Also there is no explanation why the hero is qualified to own this magic power. As a high-tech-sic-fic genre, merging magic element is really a distortion unacceptable for me.
    And in Crysis 3, I start to hate the hero, because he is so ego rather than a devoting virtue in Crysis 2.
    The story becomes purely non-sense and messy.
    The story becomes purely non-sense and messy.
    The gameplay is less than 5 hours.
    The graphics is even worse than Crysis 2.
    So a utterly drawback iteration, reflecting the ugly portrait of the money-facing dev.
  19. Mar 19, 2013
    This game wasn't nearly as good as it could have been. Uninspired level design, a poor story, and even poorer character development ..And an ending I can't watch because it crashes EVERY time I try to fight the end boss.
    Multiple people, across multiple platforms, have had this issue... without a single word from the Publishers or Devs. It's too prevalent an issue for me to believe that EA or Crytek were oblivious to this game breaker... yet they shipped it anyway.
  20. Feb 13, 2014
    stunning visuals in 3d. superb music. cool open world. great game.the game is awesome. love it on my ps3. nothing to complain about. only where is crysis 4!
  21. Apr 25, 2014
    the singleplayer issn't really good and the multiplayer is just about average.
    Hunter mode can be fun but is simply almost impossible to beat on some of the maps.
    Graphics are good but not good enough to let all the downsides dissapear.
    I would buy this game only for multiplayer because singlepalyer is way too easy just cloak and run past everyone and you're done.
  22. Jun 28, 2013
    I don't really know why, but I didn't really enjoy this as much as I wanted to. When finally the game soaked me in, it was all over. It was just to quick. Crysis 2 was better in my opinion, even though it suffered a little bit from its linearity. If you want to play something similar to this, get Resistance 3. Much more fun und it lasts for longer as well.
  23. Mar 5, 2013
    The single player is okay but the Multiplayer stands out. It's a blend of battlefield and halo, but with a lot more strategy in how to manage your suits energy. It's really a blast
  24. Mar 5, 2013
    The problem with Crysis 3 is its just devoid of emotion, graphics do not make a game. I just didn't care for the plot of the game there is no character development, you don't care who lives, who dies and towards the end I just wanted to get to the end with little regard for how I got there.

The AI is a big problem in this game basically there is none, killing an enemy will make his comrades come running out into the open and stand round the body for you to pick off. The use of the cloak allows you to pretty much walk around anything and regardless of how well hidden you are when you uncloak you will be seen straight away. There is no "suspicion meter" which we have come to expect from games like Dishonored or Far Cry 3 where your actions can have a direct effect on how alert your enemy becomes.

The game is not "open-world" and although you're lead to believe there is freedom there isn't. The exterior locations look beautiful the interiors look bland and lifeless. Some textures on the PS3 version are very low quality and you sometimes wonder why in such a beautiful world you have PS2 looking assets.

Essentially this is a cash in it has some good ideas but it feels like it is missing a soul.
  25. Feb 25, 2013
    Yeah, GRAPHICS! ORGASM! ...nope... coz....its just graphics. The gameplay is odd, aiming fails, and the allover hyped multiplayer (especially hunter mode) feels like a cheap light version of AvP. But in singleplayer they tried to get some gameplay, so the game gets 4 points. everything else is just bloated and too much below average. can't understand why this game is hyped that much...Yeah, GRAPHICS! ORGASM! ...nope... coz....its just graphics. The gameplay is odd, aiming fails, and the allover hyped multiplayer (especially hunter mode) feels like a cheap light version of AvP. But in singleplayer they tried to get some gameplay, so the game gets 4 points. everything else is just bloated and too much below average. can't understand why this game is hyped that much... thats why it gets -3 points. for f*ckin overhyping. cant believe ppl getting so modest when graphics are right... Expand
  26. Mar 30, 2013
    I normally only play 3rd person shooters but took a leap of faith and tried this one out. I am gad I did, I loved it! This was a great game till like the last 2 missions, it's like they gave up on it.
  27. Aug 8, 2014
    This is the first Crysis I played, I always heard how good Crysis games' graphics are.
    This game does look good, but that's about it. PS3 can't handle this game, it's choppy, framerate is fine in closed, small areas. I honestly tried to like this game but it turned out to be a complete waste of money and time.
  28. Mar 15, 2013
    Crysis 3 disappointed me back in E3 2012 but thankfully the game really exceeded my expectations by almost a mile. So, what makes this game so great? First of all, its the Cryengine 3 and its awesome capabilities that gives the game such a unique and expensive feel to it, and im not just talking about thetechnical graphics, I'll cover the rest later. Speaking of graphics (I could go on forCrysis 3 disappointed me back in E3 2012 but thankfully the game really exceeded my expectations by almost a mile. So, what makes this game so great? First of all, its the Cryengine 3 and its awesome capabilities that gives the game such a unique and expensive feel to it, and im not just talking about thetechnical graphics, I'll cover the rest later. Speaking of graphics (I could go on for an our about how incredible the graphics are) Crysis 3 is no doubt the best looking game on all platforms. While still impressive on consoles, it's an early next-gen experience for PC gamers. The game is so packed with details it's sometimes hard not to just wander around and marvel at the visuals. I played the game on PS3 as well, and I eventually found myself zooming in at a plant with my sniper rifle, surprisingly the plant was still high-res and detailed unlike most other console games where the texture would end up looking washed out. This, in a console game! When it comes to artistic design developer Crytek has decided to combine the lush jungle environment in the first game (just like the fans wanted) with the urban setting of Crysis 2 and made the city of New York a giant greenhouse(literary an urban jungle this time). This is pure nature reclaiming what belongs to it. The beautiful trees and plants, the water, the tall grass, the excellent sound design and the addition of new lensflares makes the environment come to life. It creates an atmosphere of humidity and heat I've never experienced before. The music score is also very well done if not better than crysis 2 in some areas, this shows that crysis 3 will not only please your eyes, but ears as well. I really recommend playing the game with headphones (adds to the experience a lot).
    So back to Cryengine 3, the core design method of the series. Did I mention Crysis 3 is a mix of 1 and 2? The level design works like a funnel. It's pretty straight forward and dialog heavy at first but later on the game expands itself throughout until it's very much comparable to the original Crysis, you even have vehicles to drive around with although not as many as in Crysis 1. Considering the amount of tools, mechanics, and nanosuit finesses in these 7 environments the possibilities are almost overwhelming. Simply play in a way that fits your personal style. Crysis has always been about adaptive warfare, that means you control the pacing by choosing your path, and you can use the environment to your advantage. This allow for a ridiculous amount of replay value not to mention the many collectibles and weapon attachments spread out in the liberty dome. The human enemy Cell AI is the best I've seen in a videogame. They rarely glitch (cough* crysis 2 cough*) and feel like real soldiers at times. They communicate and respond in a believable way and can think tactically (call for reinforcements, regroup and assault etc). The traditional Ceph grunt is similar to the ones in crysis 2 (except they doesn't get stuck in walls), however here we get to experience newer ceph units such as a big metallic, fire breathing bug or a velociraptor like stalker unit with long sharp claws. I don't think people realize how advanced and how much effort has been put into the Cryengine 3. Story wise the dialog shows mercy to its audience this time. Many didn't like the story of crysis 2 because it was so cryptic, Crysis 3 in the other hand fills nearly all questions and holes of the series, It explains why the enemy ceph are so different in crysis 2 compared to 1 for an example.
    The game is definitely the most story driven of the three, there is so much depth and detail to it and if you really understand the story of the crysis universe you will be interested. (details also referred to as cell intel) The story also focuses a lot on characters and dialog especially the relationship between Prophet (main character) and Psycho (side character), they both have solid personalities. The dialog is about distrust and can get quite touching and psychological at times, voice acting is also well done. Multiplayer has been very much refined fixing a lot of the bugs and flaws of the previous game, unfortunately there is no powerstruggle mode fans have been raving about as the game expands upon the crysis 2 multiplayer. There are a few innovative modes such as "Hunter mode" but there is also the traditional team deathmatch and capture the flag. There is a progression and customization system similar to many other mp shooters. You have many different weapons, perks and attachment. The gameplay is incredibly fluid and almost feels like an arena shooter. A VTOL and an alien walker has been added to the mix to spread the chaos even more. Multiplayer is something most people will enjoy but I personally play Crysis for its singleplayer. Crysis 3 is a super game in almost every way so it gets a 9.5 out of 10.
  29. Mar 31, 2013
    I don't usually write reviews but I just had to say something about this pile of junk what a waist of money played 10 minutes of it and turned it off the graphics are alright but nothing amazing the ai is absolutely terrible they can spot u from like a mile away I hide behind a crate or a wall and they still manage to know where I am the energy on the suit drains way too fast this is noI don't usually write reviews but I just had to say something about this pile of junk what a waist of money played 10 minutes of it and turned it off the graphics are alright but nothing amazing the ai is absolutely terrible they can spot u from like a mile away I hide behind a crate or a wall and they still manage to know where I am the energy on the suit drains way too fast this is no different to number two I actually thought number two was better, I just found this game so boring there is nothing new, and the online is boring and glitchy and laggy doesn't run well save you're money for a better game I give this a 2 for graphics only Expand
  30. Jun 11, 2013
    Very similar combat to Crysis 2 with the only real change being the bow which serves to make combat a bit too easy. Even with the average combat my main complaint is about the visuals. It is very clear to me that the developers put all their effort into making a gorgeous game for the pc but when porting it across to consoles got very lazy. The individually rendered blades of grass areVery similar combat to Crysis 2 with the only real change being the bow which serves to make combat a bit too easy. Even with the average combat my main complaint is about the visuals. It is very clear to me that the developers put all their effort into making a gorgeous game for the pc but when porting it across to consoles got very lazy. The individually rendered blades of grass are impressive up close but from a distance are blocky and lack any texture. There is a complete absence of any dynamic shadows and the character models are only impressive in the cut scenes. I am by no means calling this an ugly game, I am just saying that it is a gorgeous game that never should have made it to consoles as the aging hardware just can't realistically handle the graphical features that the devs looked to port across. Beyond that the AI, in my experience, was pretty poor and the story didn't engage me much at all. A very average gaming experience on consoles. Expand
  31. Sep 23, 2013

1. Apr 23, 2013
    Stunning to look at, but the experience within its gorgeously rendered environments ultimately lacks substance. [Issue#230, p.76]
  2. The beautiful and eerie locations give Crysis 3 a great atmosphere. Cowering in the tall grass, while being hunted by bloodthirsty aliens, reminded us of the terrifying raptor-scene from Jurassic Park. Blowing up a giant dam caused a spectacle big enough to make our inner vandal smile. [April 2013, p.80]
  3. Apr 8, 2013
    All-in-all Crysis 3 is a great package, despite burning bright half as long. It may have not been exactly what all the fans wanted, but it does a great job of trying to appease as many as it can without sacrificing too much. Add to this a decent, if not groundbreaking multiplayer suite and you have a solid FPS that is more than worth a look.