7.4

1. Nov 6, 2012
    Ah, Dante's Inferno. One of my favourite Playstation games. Fanboys cry about it being a copy of GoW, and sure the gameplay is similar but you can't really compare anything else. I recommend it to everyone. Hell, if you liked GoW why would you not play this one? Battlefield and Call of Duty are extremely similar but people love to play both, so even you GoW fanboys should get it.
  2. Luigi
    Mar 17, 2010
    There are only two things you need to know about this game: 1. It's a total & almost complete clone of God Of War. Gameplay is shockingly similar with only very few basic mechanics offering anything original. 2. The story isn't actually a telling of Dante's inferno - it's a story the developers made up and simply set in a version of 'hell' that is inspired by There are only two things you need to know about this game: 1. It's a total & almost complete clone of God Of War. Gameplay is shockingly similar with only very few basic mechanics offering anything original. 2. The story isn't actually a telling of Dante's inferno - it's a story the developers made up and simply set in a version of 'hell' that is inspired by the original story. This would be fine but for the fact that the devs decided to put a 'save your girlfriend' storyline from the 80's. Isn't deserving of anyones money IMO - unless you can pick it up for about a tenner. EA deserve a big slap for this one! Expand
  3. Aug 15, 2012
    Another hack and slash, not a bad one at that, the cut scene's are great, but over all it's just another god of war..
    But for $20 it isn't a bad buy..
    My opinion of what dante is thinking: "I wish I was cratos" nuff said..
  4. Jul 26, 2012
    Hey let's play some hack'n'slash!
    Like GoW? Yes,but i have and xbox so let's play Dante's Inferno!
    Cool! So any of copy-yelling user out there,not everybody can afford both xbox360 and ps3,so if you got and xbox then you don't deserve to play games like GoW? For the game it's really awesome nice graphics,epic bosses,sometimes hard as hell,but a decent game.And it even got into
    Hey let's play some hack'n'slash!
    Like GoW? Yes,but i have and xbox so let's play Dante's Inferno!
    Cool!

For the game it's really awesome nice graphics,epic bosses,sometimes hard as hell,but a decent game.And it even got into Portable version!(PSP with some drawbacks of couse)
  5. KostasI.
    Mar 23, 2010
    Ok i will say this first, the game is a complete copy, a clone if you like, of God of war albeit it unfolds into hell and the 7 circles of the 7 deadly sins. The game has some good moments going for it and you will most likely ador the setting especially if you are a little bit of a religious person but the game has 3 severe flaws. 1. The combat is shallow in the same manner (if not more) Ok i will say this first, the game is a complete copy, a clone if you like, of God of war albeit it unfolds into hell and the 7 circles of the 7 deadly sins. The game has some good moments going for it and you will most likely ador the setting especially if you are a little bit of a religious person but the game has 3 severe flaws. 1. The combat is shallow in the same manner (if not more) as God of War. Just millions upon millions of hellish demons to be slain. Cheap shots from them are common, there is no stagger system or a good counterattack system let alone some of the more subtle mechanics that games like Devil May Cry, Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden are blessed with. Its just functional in a way for you to clear the path and thats about it. 2. Camera system is flawed. Its completely set and you can not move it in any way and it does not like to capture the action to help with the combat. Instead it makes it difficult and enemies will be stringing attacks on you just because the camera fails to show you what it should. Same with the jumping and QTE sections, you will die more than once because its not immediately apparent where you should be going next despite the linearity of the game and you will often plunge to your death. 3. Deceptive difficulty. No matter how much you pump up the difficulty curve the game never makes it fair for you. Its completely out of your hands and controll of how you will perform and yes the previous 2 flaws do account for many of the third flaw. All in all, Dantes Inferno is a good game but i would not recomend a buy for it. Rent it first, play it and then decide if you want it in your collection or not. Expand
  6. Dec 2, 2012
    If you like games that take a day to beat this is your game. The action is just a god of war rip off with hints towards the fight for good and evil while Dante is looking for his wife's soul in hell. Just a terrible story line because it is uninteresting and at times just bland. The ending is funny to say the least about big black things. I was excited for this game and bought it brandIf you like games that take a day to beat this is your game. The action is just a god of war rip off with hints towards the fight for good and evil while Dante is looking for his wife's soul in hell. Just a terrible story line because it is uninteresting and at times just bland. The ending is funny to say the least about big black things. I was excited for this game and bought it brand new and it traded back in 2 days later in disappointment. For people who only could play this hack and slash game instead of God of War: I feel bad for you and say maybe it is time to switch over to ps3 with not paying for internet access it pays for itself. I could not imagine paying monthly to play online 10 times a month what a ploy to bleed money out the gamer. Expand
  7. Apr 20, 2011
    yes it is similar to god of war, and yes it is using one of the greatest poems of all time as its story. THATS WHAT MAKES IT F-ING AWSOME. its not like getting more god of war stlye games is bad, and this one stays close to the inferno's descriptions and story. that and how many people have READ THE POEM?
    it a brilliant way to bring people into the story. that and I DIDNT KNOW THAT GOD OF WAR TRADEMARKED THE IDEA OF LIGHT AND HEAVY ATTACKS, OR THE IDEA OF A RECHARGEABLE MAGIC METER.
  8. JerryV
    Feb 10, 2010
    Awful awful And downright disgusting. What were they thinking when they sat down to approve the final take. Completely stolen game mechanics from God of War and not even a good clone. I'll give them credit for creating all this hype about how good it was gonna be but what a letdown it was after about 30 minutes of playing. I felt like I was going room to room door to door in hell. It Awful awful And downright disgusting. What were they thinking when they sat down to approve the final take. Completely stolen game mechanics from God of War and not even a good clone. I'll give them credit for creating all this hype about how good it was gonna be but what a letdown it was after about 30 minutes of playing. I felt like I was going room to room door to door in hell. It was pure agony to see the Same thing over and over again. It was like a movie with a horrible script and a bad ending. Did anyone else notice what a middle age farce and wimp Dante looks like . He seemed to be begging the damn devil all the time instead iftelling him to "go to hell" what a wimp. I am going back to gamestop and trading in this game for whatever it is theywill give me for it. I don't care what they give me for it, I was suckered out of $60 bucks and imagine a new release will be on the used game section after two days. I gave a score of 4 because gotta give the devs credit for approving and releasing this huge giant bomb R.I.P Dante and please no sequel, enough torture. Expand
  9. Jul 26, 2011
    The game is great, but the nudity is supreme. Younger people will wish they were 18. Only people living dependently can play it, sorry for family guys out there but this game is inaccessable for your kids.

But what the **** Dante beats Lucifer like hell while others only dream of, making this game unrealistic and uncomparable to life. Forget about the graphics and gameplays, this game is just a brick to a whole cut story which makes this game "ain't enough for a storyline".
  10. SebaW.
    Feb 19, 2010
    This game is so freiken... AMAZING!!! Yes ive played all the god of war games and i have to admit that dante's inferno does copy it, but this is waaaaaaaaay better than god of war. For instance, the monsters and graphics are INSANE. The monsters make your brain spin. Its like the creators of the game were on crack while making the game lol. 2nd off it has a great story line *its This game is so freiken... AMAZING!!! Yes ive played all the god of war games and i have to admit that dante's inferno does copy it, but this is waaaaaaaaay better than god of war. For instance, the monsters and graphics are INSANE. The monsters make your brain spin. Its like the creators of the game were on crack while making the game lol. 2nd off it has a great story line *its based off of a poem in the 1300* with alot of twists. I cant belive this game didnt get a main score in the 90's because its so damn perfect. I'm hoping to see the sequel soon! Expand
  11. Oct 15, 2010
    A very very good game. Not as deep as I thought it would be - Depth as in, what COD:MW 2 had or BF:BC 2 had. But still... very fun and very realistic. Single player campaign is short which isn't a good thing but DICE makes it all up for Multiplayer. :)
  12. Jan 16, 2011
    Dante's Inferno is one of the best god of war like games in 2009 it has lots of level that are great to play a look at. On the ps3 it is much better then the Xbox. Also it worth much more then what you pay for with custom attack selection for killing hell spawn. Finally the end of the story is very satisfying. Go pick up when you have the chance
  13. Oct 15, 2011
    It's not a game, it's experiment - experiment that show how games can treat literature from absolutely classic top. It's interesting enough to end, to thinking about fate of dante, but fails in them ost important thing - fun of playing. It offers just mediocre combat system and exploration segments.
  14. May 14, 2014
    I'd be a lot more lenient with the score if it weren't for the fact that the game is needlessly frustrating and punishing at points. Difficult is one thing but having to replay the same cutscene/tooltip messages over-and-over again because you failed over something stupid (there's a section where you have to kill 'x' enemies without losing your combo, otherwise it's game over). You'll windI'd be a lot more lenient with the score if it weren't for the fact that the game is needlessly frustrating and punishing at points. Difficult is one thing but having to replay the same cutscene/tooltip messages over-and-over again because you failed over something stupid (there's a section where you have to kill 'x' enemies without losing your combo, otherwise it's game over). You'll wind up getting stuck in parts that have absolutely no enemies in them because for some reason Visceral Games thought it'd be good gameplay to have you die at random points and spend two-three minutes a pop going over the same unskippable scenes.

Action games are supposed to be challenging, difficult and most of all entertaining. They decided to go the route of expecting everyone to have capped out spatial awareness and luck. Only real redeeming factor to the game is it's storyline and art style, beyond that you should probably play a game that doesn't focus on three second "oops I got hit" animations.
  15. Jun 8, 2014
    A bland God of War clone that does nothing to fix the mistakes God of War makes. If you could stand the awful camera's, horrible platforming sections, quicktime events and repetitive combat of God of War you might enjoy this as well, but don't expect anything more. You will still fall to your death every single section because of horrible camera's and terrible platforming. You will stillA bland God of War clone that does nothing to fix the mistakes God of War makes. If you could stand the awful camera's, horrible platforming sections, quicktime events and repetitive combat of God of War you might enjoy this as well, but don't expect anything more. You will still fall to your death every single section because of horrible camera's and terrible platforming. You will still get a sore thumb from mashing the Circle to do trivial things such as open doors, finish off enemies and open chests.

The story is good, and the way it is told through cutscenes and cartoons is cool, but the tedious gameplay, repetitive and idiotic platform sections and horrid checkpoint placement will probably kill any enjoyment you can get out of the story.

I especially enjoyed the parts where they placed a checkpoint prior to me opening three chests (that each involve mashing the circle button to open) followed shortly by a jump with a horrible camera that, if you miss it, forces to open the three chests again. It's a bit of a shame that there were numerous parts just like this throughout the game.

The progression system is good, leveling up your abilities with holy/unholy experience and gathering relics to improve your abilities is fun as well. The combat isn't awful, but it isn't any better than God of War either.

I normally do not mind games cloning other games, as long as they improve upon the original game in some way. Dante's Inferno does not do this. It makes all the mistakes God of War makes, and it makes a lot of them even worse, in addition to its own mistakes. If you can stand constant horrid quicktime events, awful platforming sections and a sore thumb from mashing the circle button, you might enjoy this game, but if you ever got frustrated with God of War you will be ten times as frustrated with Dante's Inferno, in that case save your money.
  16. Dec 10, 2014
    Cutscenes that you cant skip stink, the difficulty of the game is silly as well. Gluttony maze took youtube for me to pass, as well as thousands of others - why? Only game in my 171 ps3 titles I actually tossed in the bin.
  17. SonnyC.
    Feb 16, 2010
    My score is actually an 8.75, but 9 will do. For a complete copycat, Dante's Inferno is fun enough that you might forget all about it's status as a clone. It's cinematic, it's got a time tested story, and it doesn't ever really let up on the action. Which might be one of it's only problems: If you don't like the "button-mashing"/"beat-em-up" genre, this My score is actually an 8.75, but 9 will do. For a complete copycat, Dante's Inferno is fun enough that you might forget all about it's status as a clone. It's cinematic, it's got a time tested story, and it doesn't ever really let up on the action. Which might be one of it's only problems: If you don't like the "button-mashing"/"beat-em-up" genre, this probably won't help you into the genre at all. Some may get sick of the constant action, wave after wave of enemies, the same scenarios to kill each one. But if God of War and the like are your thing, or you just want to have fun kicking some demon ass, Dante's Inferno shouldn't be missed--if not just for a weekend rental. Expand
  18. ChrisS
    Feb 20, 2010
    The first levels were amazing. Then you realize that they start borrowig from themselves more and more liberally as the game continues. The relics and spells you pick up are so trivial that you often forget to use them and when you remember them, you're not all that worried about dragging them out agian. And the scythe? It's awesome. Get used to it, there will be no alternatives The first levels were amazing. Then you realize that they start borrowig from themselves more and more liberally as the game continues. The relics and spells you pick up are so trivial that you often forget to use them and when you remember them, you're not all that worried about dragging them out agian. And the scythe? It's awesome. Get used to it, there will be no alternatives and the fighting does very little to evolve as the game gets further along. It seems like they had some great levels started and then just copied and pasted them to fill out the release. The worst thing? I recomended this game based on the first levels to everyone. I've had to go back to them hat in hand and give them the rest of the story. Sorry guys. Expand
  19. SplatTer
    Feb 9, 2010
    Honestly do some of these critics even play the games. Its so disappointing to find some of these people give it the score they have. What.. they play one stage and rate it. I get pretty angry knowing they have the power to make or break some games, some of them really don,t deserve to crit anything. This games is Amazing. The first point Id like to make is that you can see right away the Honestly do some of these critics even play the games. Its so disappointing to find some of these people give it the score they have. What.. they play one stage and rate it. I get pretty angry knowing they have the power to make or break some games, some of them really don,t deserve to crit anything. This games is Amazing. The first point Id like to make is that you can see right away the passion that went into making this game. The team put there all into this baby. They enjoyed creating it and added there full love and attention into it...Well done Graphics: The graphics are great, The creatures are amazing, the little details which the team have added are just the cherry on the top. Like the little grains of sand Dante kicks up when he walks or runs. Animation: This is something that totally blew me away, the animation of all the characters was just perfect. The bosses and all the creatures really moved with cheer power behind them. They really put the effort to make these creatures as awesome as they possibly could. I honestly have never seen a better looking Reaper, The way he moves is just so damn powerful , all the bosses are just animated beautifully and you feel there power, which makes taking them down just feel amazing. One little thing is that you can work out pretty quickly their patterns of attack but they do look pretty:) Gameplay: If you have played GOW you have played Dante, This is not a bad thing. GOW is yes of course the master of this genre as GTA is to the sandbox, but who cares, Dante,s fight mechanics are Amazing to control, he moves well and all his powers are upgradeable, which just makes him awesome to watch and play with. His Main two weapons are a Scythe and a Crusafix...and both weapons are upgradeable, I thought the two weapons were a brilliant idea and they work amazingly. Sound: The sound in this game is great, you feel everything in this game, The voices and grunts and screams of bosses and victims always remind you that you are in total hell, You get totally immersed in the game and the ambient sound is brilliant always keeping you in this Hell. The stages are great, yes there is some repetition, but all in all just great to play, The one thing that kinda irritated me a bit was the fact that if you die in some places you have to watch a cut scene over and over again until you pass the area and cant forward the cutscenes in some cases, but checkpoints are easy to reach and there are loads of them so you wont have to do a full stage again because you died, this was great because it keeps you in the action always. I do wish Dante changed the further he went on in the game, If he got upgraded himself and became bigger or meaner, or angrier as he went along, this would have been awesome, but he stays the same through the whole game, which is not a bad thing but I wanted to see Dante grow into a damn monster of a character. Conclusion: The game is a MUST on every account, whether you have an xbox or waiting for GOW3 on PS3. I completed it in 2 sittings in about maybe 8-10 hours or so, Its a great length and once complete you get to keep all your upgrades and play again , you also open up a new mission and some new outfits. Its a game I probably wont play again for a while but the first time through was just amazing and I could not put it down. Oh and one more thing, wait till you get to control Phlegyas. Ahhh man what a beautiful stage indeed. Well done guys on an awesome game where the passion of your work is felt in every moment. Expand
  20. JaneB.
    Feb 9, 2010
    Although I haven't finished the game yet, I'm impressed by the surrounding environment. The big enemies are extremely well done, however the smaller ones tend to lack in detail sometimes (even in HD). It's a God of War clone set in another time and another world. As a matter of fact I acctually feel Kratos as he, as the war of god he became, is looking down on Dante and the Although I haven't finished the game yet, I'm impressed by the surrounding environment. The big enemies are extremely well done, however the smaller ones tend to lack in detail sometimes (even in HD). It's a God of War clone set in another time and another world. As a matter of fact I acctually feel Kratos as he, as the war of god he became, is looking down on Dante and the crusades. Angry as always waiting for the time to unleash from his throne. My biggest fear so far is that the game is too short (which sadly is too common these days). Certain circles move by too quickly. More than once I've played through a section and was left with a feeling of just getting started. A lot of people say they don't like hammering buttons. Those people should stay away from this pure hack n slash game. Insane hammering is crucial when hordes of the damned rage towards you. As mentioned the environments are great but sometimes I'd like more of these grandiose parts. All in all a really enjoyable game. Not what I had hoped for but still worth the bucks. It's violent, there are bare breasts, subtle genitalias and pretty much anything touchy moral panic parents frpn a good christian home wont like. Expand
  21. DallasB
    Feb 15, 2010
    I first want to say, that I was super hyped about this game coming out! I pre-bought the PS3 version, because it was the Divine Edition, containing extra content. I wanted as much game content as I could get. The extra content was a nice touch, since there was no price increase in gaining it. Yes this is a God of War clone, but that does not make it a bad game based simply on that fact. I first want to say, that I was super hyped about this game coming out! I pre-bought the PS3 version, because it was the Divine Edition, containing extra content. I wanted as much game content as I could get. The extra content was a nice touch, since there was no price increase in gaining it. Yes this is a God of War clone, but that does not make it a bad game based simply on that fact. Imitation can be a great form of flattery! Though this game has excellent backgrounds throughout the entire game, you never get to explore it in an open sand box style, but you are rather, confined to very narrow corridors, that are the same throughout the entire game. In Fact this game is made up entirely of nothing more then mini-games. When you get to the end of the game it is made up of 7-9 challenges, that all must be completed by a specific requirement. These challenges favor those who use the Holy route as the cross must be used specifically, in one Challenge. Since I chose to go the Unholy route and use all my souls to upgrade the Unholy Tree exclusively, which once you do that 100% you are awarded a trophy. I simply thought that once I beat the game with the Unholy Tree totally upgraded, I would go back and play the game all the way through upgrading the Holy Tree only to get the trophy for that! I highly recommend that you upgrade the Cross on the Holy side of the Upgrade Tree, all the way, just as soon as you can, as you will need it towards the end of the game! All the levels of the Hell have great Set pieces that show great potential, and they are never used as you get to see them briefly, and then you are confined to narrow corridors. Almost all levels are identical in game play, with some levels of Hell being extremely brief before moving on to the next one. Another Extreme frustration in the game is the platforming. There will be some levels that you fall to death over and over, as you try to judge distances in jumps, or grabbing lines to swing. Some of this is due to poor camera implementation as well. Simply put the game play through out the game becomes repetitive, boring and at times down right maddening. Based on just game play, I would score the game play a 5 out of 10. The bright points in this game are the characters, set pieces, and Cut Scenes. I would give that a 9 put of 10. Sadly though, none of this matters if the actual game play suffers, and it suffers badly. It is almost as if the Visceral team was so caught up in the Super Cool Characters, Set Pieces, and Cut Scenes, that they forgot to make a game around all that. The game play is really horrible. Since the game ends with a, " To be Continued." I will not be pre-buying it. I feel like I got burned! In fact even with all the DLC coming out I will be trading this game in right away. I am very sad, as I was looking forward to this game, and Visceral's interpretation of this Epic Poem. Simply put, Gorgeous Game, Gorgeous Cut Scenes, Truly inspired Characters, and Horrible and at times broken game play. Expand
  22. GeoffR
    Feb 23, 2010
    This game was a massive disappointment and a lesson in what it is to be Bi-polar. 3 or 4 of the levels were really really well done, with great bosses, fantastic lighting and awesome level design. However the rest of the game was a abysmal, with poor textures and lighting. Though the game took me 8 hours to complete, 1 hour of that was pure filler in the form of challenge maps. The worst This game was a massive disappointment and a lesson in what it is to be Bi-polar. 3 or 4 of the levels were really really well done, with great bosses, fantastic lighting and awesome level design. However the rest of the game was a abysmal, with poor textures and lighting. Though the game took me 8 hours to complete, 1 hour of that was pure filler in the form of challenge maps. The worst part of these challenge maps was that the they were poorly textured, uninteresting and without story. This game had great moments which ultimately led to an even harsher feeling of disappointment when the clearly rushed 50% of the game came into view. This game had the technical tools to be awesome, but lacked the solid vision to be anything more than mediocre. Expand
  23. PepeT.
    Feb 23, 2010
    For starters, Dante's Inferno is a very strange game for me. i had a hard time figuring out the pacing as i was waiting for each circle of hell to be a stage, instead i found some circles to be very short (gluttony) while others to be too long (fraud). i also expected a boss for each circle but was surprised by the fight against Cerberus right as soon as i reached gluttony, again theFor starters, Dante's Inferno is a very strange game for me. i had a hard time figuring out the pacing as i was waiting for each circle of hell to be a stage, instead i found some circles to be very short (gluttony) while others to be too long (fraud). i also expected a boss for each circle but was surprised by the fight against Cerberus right as soon as i reached gluttony, again the pacing was weird to me. when i started the game i wanted shocking imagery and themes and i feel the game delivered with giant heads dropping souls from their mouths down to oblivion and beyond and the many impaled bodies still alive and kicking, yet after the 4th circle i had pretty much seen everything. much of my negative points have a lot to do because i had visualized so much of how the game should look like in my own head that i was disappointed by that, but the art of the game is in no way is bad, although the graphics feel old to me. the last few levels started to kick up a noth again visually as it becomes somewhat abstract (eg. some levels have sky despite being underground) in the end i didn't have much fun playing it as the developers vision was very different from mine so i kinda set myself up for that disillusion. on the plus side, after finishing it and taking a break from it, i remember the game and realize, after putting my own ideas aside, that the game was actually pretty good, and im enjoying it that much more now. another point id like to make is that i LOVE the character design despite some people saying he looks generic. i also aprove of his attitude thowards his situation. i have read some people here calling him a whimp for being in hell and being tormented by his own sins and the devil planing to wed his woman. i mean, seriously, this guy may be in a game like god of war, but he is no mindless yelling machine like kratos is. i found that his face seemd tormented in the cutscenes, but you would have to play it to know why someone woud freak out (especially the suicide sin level). this guy isnt running around hell cuz he is angry, he is doing it cuz his wife is there and its his own fault. in the end, the voice actor really conveys the torment of this mn very well IMO. this was a fun game Expand
  24. Notverygoodbutnotbad
    Apr 21, 2010
    After completing half of the walkthrough, I've already felt bored. This game does not give me any excitement, even when fighting the giant bosses. This makes me have no mood to have a second playthrough. Moreover, in the circle of Fraud, there are some challenges with restrictions, I don't like this idea in the story part gameplay. Although the game has a very stable high frame After completing half of the walkthrough, I've already felt bored. This game does not give me any excitement, even when fighting the giant bosses. This makes me have no mood to have a second playthrough. Moreover, in the circle of Fraud, there are some challenges with restrictions, I don't like this idea in the story part gameplay. Although the game has a very stable high frame rate, the graphics is not so good, the anti-aliasing is poor in this game. Expand
  25. Nov 26, 2010
    I would score this game a 7.5, but I am rounding down to 7 because of a nagging dissatisfaction with the game. The story is what it is... a horrible video game version of a classic piece of literature. The presentation of the story is actually quite good, there are some nice cinematic scenes, and the mix of CGI videos, comic art, and sweeping camera vistas works very well. The gameplayI would score this game a 7.5, but I am rounding down to 7 because of a nagging dissatisfaction with the game. The story is what it is... a horrible video game version of a classic piece of literature. The presentation of the story is actually quite good, there are some nice cinematic scenes, and the mix of CGI videos, comic art, and sweeping camera vistas works very well. The gameplay is fairly tight and obviously totally derivative from God of War, but that does not make it any less fun. I find a few things with this game really frustrating: the (at times) terrible camera placement, the ridiculously cheap falling deaths, and the location of some save points. It is really annoying to go through an area, find an artifact or silver piece, etc, then die due to a cheap platform fall and have to redo everything again. I wouldn't mind replaying if the deaths were not so cheap, but some of the platforming just feels terrible. The use of quicktime events is also an old convention that needs to die (that applies to this game and others, including God of War III). The levels do start to feel a bit repetitive, and the "everything is brown" color scheme starts to get old as well. However, all negatives aside, the game is still quite enjoyable and if you like button mashing action games, you can do much worse than this one. I think Visceral Games could really make a top notch game in this genre if they give it another go, but this one falls well short of being a great game. Good, fun, interesting, but too many problem spots to be great. I would recommend buying it at it's newly discounted price. Expand
  26. Nov 1, 2011
    A very well done hack and slash that has been done a million times before. Visually impressive. One thing I really didn't like about this game was that it seemed like too many people worked on it and each did a small section of the game. It almost seemed like hundreds of 10 minute sections. I do know most games try to change up the environments to stop the game from getting stale but thisA very well done hack and slash that has been done a million times before. Visually impressive. One thing I really didn't like about this game was that it seemed like too many people worked on it and each did a small section of the game. It almost seemed like hundreds of 10 minute sections. I do know most games try to change up the environments to stop the game from getting stale but this game went way over the edge to the point that the story, if any, seemed lost. The game seemed like a chaotic assemblage of individual software demos from every staff member who contributed to the game rather than being a cohesive game package. Now one other thing, I certainly don't mind nudity but considering this game was made for the younger crowd it also contained a very irresponsible amount of it. As i said I'm not against nudity, I'm all for an open world but i do feel that there was an unnecessary overabundance of it in this game and do feel it was added to sell copies of the game. I cannot believe what EA will do to make more sales. They are so pathetic. Expand
  27. Feb 23, 2011
    i guess i'm one of the very few ps3ers not memorized by the hatred of kratos in god of war... i found it boring but then again vengeance ain't really my thing....darksiders puzzles were just difficult for the hell of it and killed its fun form me. however going into the bowels of hell to save my girl with the power to absolve others sins...short journey?...fine. nice graphics. absolutelyi guess i'm one of the very few ps3ers not memorized by the hatred of kratos in god of war... i found it boring but then again vengeance ain't really my thing....darksiders puzzles were just difficult for the hell of it and killed its fun form me. however going into the bowels of hell to save my girl with the power to absolve others sins...short journey?...fine. nice graphics. absolutely disgusting visual metaphors used... the penis is barely tolerable but c'mon. how utterly disgusting can we get i feel totally violated by some of what i saw...despite that i enjoy dantes inferno... even if i have to shower afterwards Expand
  28. May 25, 2012
    Given some of the excellent action / adventure games around, this game is purely average. What it does have is a good combat system allowing your character to develop along two different paths - light or dark. Unfortunately the subscreen is the best designed part of the whole game, as the gameplay is simply boring or downright frustrating. The action is constantly interrupted by ridiculousGiven some of the excellent action / adventure games around, this game is purely average. What it does have is a good combat system allowing your character to develop along two different paths - light or dark. Unfortunately the subscreen is the best designed part of the whole game, as the gameplay is simply boring or downright frustrating. The action is constantly interrupted by ridiculous cutscenes, the platform sections are dull and constantly plagued by a fixed camera that seem to be designed to make it as difficult as possible to see whats going on. Worst of all is that the environment is the same from start to finish - dantes infernos' "hell" is 12 levels of monotiny with the same colour pallette and dull graphics throughout. While i did play until the end, it was an effort rather than a joy. Only for the hardcore hack n slash fans i suspect Expand
  29. Jan 24, 2012
    Dante`s Inferno
    Dante`s Inferno
    This game is quite entertaining, the story is actually not bad, it is quite intriguing. The graphics is decent and the voice acting is good. The battle system is good and the game play itself is not too shabby. You can get this game for a great price now and I recommend you try it out. The boss fights is quite good and the upgrade system is good. The level design is pretty well executed and it varies well when your character descends into the 7 stages of hell. The game can at times get a little repetitive but the fight themselves is entertaining and the game runs smooth. It is overall a good experience and well worth the low retail price you get at the most retailers at this time.
  30. Aug 3, 2011
    Ignoring the fact that this game is the lesser version of God of War it is an entertaining day length trip, though it doesn't offer enough for replay value. Now my opinion of this game could be a bit biased because I've studied the epic this game was based on, and not to my surprise this game is inferior to the book. While I have no gripes with the combat as it is functional enough itIgnoring the fact that this game is the lesser version of God of War it is an entertaining day length trip, though it doesn't offer enough for replay value. Now my opinion of this game could be a bit biased because I've studied the epic this game was based on, and not to my surprise this game is inferior to the book. While I have no gripes with the combat as it is functional enough it feels weird the judge celebrity damned souls considering Dante in the game is a self righteous moron. Most of what happens in the game is his fault and it feels weird for me to go into hell because his lover decided to take severe punishment for things that were entirely his fault. While in the book Dante had growth while in the game it seems cheesier than some of the anime I've watched. He leaves hell the same person he came in as. And it's also more than a little jarring when the last two rings of hell are short and dull. As I said it's a fun little game good for wasting a day of your time, but compared to the book it's based on this game is insulting. Expand
  31. Oct 4, 2011
    This is probably one game that is way underrated. DI is GOW3 copycat but so what ?Just because this game is copycat does not mean that it deserves lower scores. This is like saying that any FPS is copycat of Doom ?! This game plays well and it is truly tons of fun. Graphics are great,combat is well done and there is not much really that i can say is bad in this game.If you like GOW thenThis is probably one game that is way underrated. DI is GOW3 copycat but so what ?Just because this game is copycat does not mean that it deserves lower scores. This is like saying that any FPS is copycat of Doom ?! This game plays well and it is truly tons of fun. Graphics are great,combat is well done and there is not much really that i can say is bad in this game.If you like GOW then you will love this title. Lots of blood and slashing. What else can you want :) Expand
  32. Dec 17, 2013
    I like the combat of God of war but the constant backtracking and puzzles are a gamebreaker for me. Dante's Inferno takes God of war's best part and leaves the worst. That's about as simple as I can put it.
    The world created is engaging and beautiful although the graphics are a bit rough.
    Hell was never this fun.
  33. Jan 6, 2012
    A god of war clone I bought for my xbox 360 that I never finished. It's great if you don't own a ps3, but I just couldn't finish this installment.
  34. Mar 24, 2012
    What the game lacks in originality, it makes up for with incredibly inventive (and often disturbing) art direction. And considering the game it's cloned after is great to begin with, if you enjoyed God of War you should enjoy this as well. A lot of license has been taken but the circles of hell are still generally accurate to the book. I'm not usually interested in cutscenes, but these areWhat the game lacks in originality, it makes up for with incredibly inventive (and often disturbing) art direction. And considering the game it's cloned after is great to begin with, if you enjoyed God of War you should enjoy this as well. A lot of license has been taken but the circles of hell are still generally accurate to the book. I'm not usually interested in cutscenes, but these are so well-rendered I was fairly amazed. It's epic fun, a little bit mindless, but that suits this genre. Expand
  35. Apr 6, 2012
    The game is pretty much what happens when God of War and the bible have sex and make a bastard child that ends up locked in a shed. In no means is Dante's Inferno a bad game, its just a bland game. I mean sure its just bread instead of a tasty sandwich, but at least its better than dirt, sure it very well is a knock-off God of War type game and had very little to bring to the table in theThe game is pretty much what happens when God of War and the bible have sex and make a bastard child that ends up locked in a shed. In no means is Dante's Inferno a bad game, its just a bland game. I mean sure its just bread instead of a tasty sandwich, but at least its better than dirt, sure it very well is a knock-off God of War type game and had very little to bring to the table in the sense of originality, it at least solid. Its not as pretty as a God of War or Devil May Cry title but if you have $20 and a weird obsession to horde games like myself it might be worth picking up, but then again $20 of bread would be equally as satisfying. Expand
  36. Jul 23, 2012
    Fans of 14th century poetry will find a solid title in Dante
  37. Oct 25, 2012
    Yes, this video game adapation of the classic poem plays like a "God of War" clone, but it's good fun and the production values are phenomenal. Made by Visceral Games (developers of "Dead Space"), "Dante's Inferno" is a visual triumph that should please fans of the horror genre. Extremely dark and over-the-top, it contains a few intense images that are quite freaky. The game takesYes, this video game adapation of the classic poem plays like a "God of War" clone, but it's good fun and the production values are phenomenal. Made by Visceral Games (developers of "Dead Space"), "Dante's Inferno" is a visual triumph that should please fans of the horror genre. Extremely dark and over-the-top, it contains a few intense images that are quite freaky. The game takes liberties with the source material by making Dante a not-so-holy Christian knight during the time of the Crusades. After he returns to Italy, he discovers the dead body of his beloved wife Beatrice. She was murdered, but her soul lives on and is literally taken to hell. Determined to find her again, Dante plunges himself into the depths of hades to save her from Satan himself. As he embarks on the journey, he is tormented by his past sins and challenged by a variety of demonic creatures. The game borrows much from the "God of War" series including its engaging combat system. But what makes it really stand apart is the dark horror tone. While its nowhere as good as "Dead Space", "Dante's Inferno" proves that the developers at Visceral Games know horror. They have a knack for creating morbid and intense imagery. And as a fan of the genre, I was able to appreciate it despite its similarity to the superior "God of War". Expand
  38. Dec 6, 2012
    I love the Divine Comedy book so I was really waiting for this game, when I started playing it I was not amazed even thought I know the history behind the game, but I played further and liked it more, i forgot about using all the special moves that you buy throughout the game using only the blade and the cross, I loved the enemies in this game, but the game play it's a bit repetitive but II love the Divine Comedy book so I was really waiting for this game, when I started playing it I was not amazed even thought I know the history behind the game, but I played further and liked it more, i forgot about using all the special moves that you buy throughout the game using only the blade and the cross, I loved the enemies in this game, but the game play it's a bit repetitive but I don't see how can anyone compare this game with GOW it's totally different it may have similarities but that's common in any action TPS. Mi final thought it's that the game it's entertaining. Expand
  39. Aug 17, 2013
    a very nice hack n slash the story is based on a famous poem and it is really good the gameplay wasn't good and still it wasn't bad as you get more moves while you advance like rpg element and the places in this game are so good as you advance in nine places in hell in the end a good hack n slash game that deserves a shot
  40. Jun 27, 2013
    It takes a really interesting concept/story and turns it into an okay game. Yes, it's a poor man's God of War, but it's still fun. Unfortunately, I was expecting more than fun. I was expecting epic, because it's based on an epic poem, which I've read a few times and love. I had always wondered how the poem would be if it were turned into a movie or game, now I know: enjoyable butIt takes a really interesting concept/story and turns it into an okay game. Yes, it's a poor man's God of War, but it's still fun. Unfortunately, I was expecting more than fun. I was expecting epic, because it's based on an epic poem, which I've read a few times and love. I had always wondered how the poem would be if it were turned into a movie or game, now I know: enjoyable but disappointing. Sad thing is, I think it could've been epic if it was made by a better company. Expand
  41. Apr 30, 2013
    I think this game is definitely worth playing, but once it's completed I myself wouldn't want to play it over.

Its not a God of War rip off but it dose use certain game play element's from it and it also uses many other elements from many other games, so not by any means original hence the 4 stars. although not original it dose offer loads in the way of trophies, blood, gore,

although not original it dose offer loads in the way of trophies, blood, gore, violence oh and not forgetting certain favored womanly body parts, it can be addictive but I fear if I played it for to long I would want to bludgeon someone to death or something.

Graphically it could be better but still good enough, for what you get the price should be a bit less so maybe just rent it and help your local DVD shop out.

By no means let your children play this game its 100% not suitable, I know the rating is sometimes harsh but not this time.
  42. May 25, 2015
    This game is awesome! An very good and honest "mechanics copy" of GoW and Darksiders, but it is not a problem, it's fine. I hope for more games like these and a sequence to Dante's Inferno.
  43. Nov 18, 2013
    This is the perfect example of when a copy surpasses the original. It may have a little variety of combos, but the rest is just great, primarily the story.
  44. Aug 1, 2014
    This is one of my favorite games because of the great art direction and story. It is a video game rendition of Dante's Inferno the 'poem' by Dante Alighieri and it reminds me alot of the God Of War series. The game takes you through the various levels of hell like in the story and the games gives you a great blend of button mashing and strategy, especially if you play on a higherThis is one of my favorite games because of the great art direction and story. It is a video game rendition of Dante's Inferno the 'poem' by Dante Alighieri and it reminds me alot of the God Of War series. The game takes you through the various levels of hell like in the story and the games gives you a great blend of button mashing and strategy, especially if you play on a higher difficulty level other than zealot. One of my favorite elements of the game is how you can buff your magical abilities to holy or unholy. The boss battles are very fun and challenging to a degree. The game has very dark overtones and really makes the game great for older crowds. The games artists did a great job of rendering a great deal of interesting textures and enemies for you to hack and slash through.

To any God Of War fan or Dynasty Warriors fan, I would recommend picking up this game for the sheer fact that it can be found for under ten bucks at alot of video game stores and it definitely worth playing through at least once or keeping in your library.

Revelation 13:16 #BornWithHorns
  45. Feb 23, 2014
    It tries really hard to be as good as a God of War game but falls short. The level designs are cool and the stories pretty good. However, it just feels like a ripoff of God of War. Replay value is quite low after you beat it.
  46. Jul 3, 2014
    Although many here call it a GoW clone, I cannot deny it, but this still is a good game.
    It was annoying occasionally, with all the stupid falls over the edge or dumb placed checkpoints, but if we ignore it and focus on action and game graphics, it's very enjoyable.
    For example, leveling up is much more interesting then in GoW. I find it doubtful that GoW fans won't like Dante's
    For example, leveling up is much more interesting then in GoW.
    I find it doubtful that GoW fans won't like Dante's inferno as well.
  47. Jun 10, 2014
    Un juego que conceptualmente y también a nivel de diseño gráfico es fantástico pero que su jugabilidad es una copia regulera de los GoW. Lástima no haberse atrevido a perder un poco de acción y crear sencillamente una pieza menos botonera. Aún así vale la pena probarlo y pasearse por sus escenarios y ver los enemigos de La Divina Comedia.
  48. Oct 7, 2014
    Dante's Inferno

Game-Play:The game in a well executed hack n slash game and it use some magic as well.the game is full of combos ranged and melee and some good boss fights. Story:This is the strong point of the game.The original story is based on a novel nad is very well executed as well.It will keep you about 8 to 9 hours. Graphics:The game have nice graphics. Notes:I would
    Dante's Inferno

Graphics:The game have nice graphics.

Notes:I would like more weapon than just two and also some more magic.Also there are some items in the game you can equip but the item are useless.
  49. Aug 31, 2014
    I will five this pearl 10 of 10 - anyway!
    Allthough it made me mad at certain points!
    10 ALONE for the fantastic artwork! The Game graphics rock at every second and I couldn't image a "better" hell than the very different bleak stages of Dante's Inferno - Congratulations and Kotau to the Creative department - worldclass to my opinion. The gameplay itself reminds often of God of War
    I will five this pearl 10 of 10 - anyway!
    Allthough it made me mad at certain points!
    The gameplay itself reminds often of God of War series and is a mixture of hack&slay (fantastic animations and effects) and (terrific and partially annoying) skill tests - it'S flawless but not new.
    The skill tests (jumping sequences, time based tasks etc.) are like already metioned hairy but solvable at last.
    I mastered it without cheats (if there exist any) but there were 5 or 6 situations where had to try a level more often than I'm usually accepting in Games (that means I then stop playing).
    The scenario itself kept me trying nevertheless and I can only recommend this game to enthusiastic gamers who appreciate stunning graphics and a real challenge to master (at least it was one for me)
  50. Feb 10, 2015
    It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. IIt's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it.It's too good. I love it. Expand
  51. Mar 15, 2015
    Have you ever wondered what hell might look like? Dante's Inferno offers an incredibly vivid and detailed hypothesis. The game is based on the 14th-century Italian poem by Dante Alighieri, but Dante never could have imagined a hell this visually captivating. The walls themselves crawl with the bodies of the damned, other lost souls intermitently rain from the sky burning in torturousHave you ever wondered what hell might look like? Dante's Inferno offers an incredibly vivid and detailed hypothesis. The game is based on the 14th-century Italian poem by Dante Alighieri, but Dante never could have imagined a hell this visually captivating. The walls themselves crawl with the bodies of the damned, other lost souls intermitently rain from the sky burning in torturous flames. In the distance, great columns of souls can be seen marching along monolithic causeways. The air is acrid with smoke and charred flesh, pierced by screams, fitful sparks and motes of ash. Each of the nine circles is here, along with the river Acheron and Limbo, and each setting is distinctive and fiendishly impressive. Through it all Vergil is your guide, just as in the poem.

The gameplay is fluid and satisfying, with Dante boasting an array of combos with either his scythe, stolen from Death himself, or his cross that Beatrice gave to him. There are a variety of trinkets to collect - from the 30 pieces of silver received in ramsom by Judas to dozens of relics that Dante can equip to enhance his abilities.

Dante attempts to rescue his lover Beatrice from the clutches of the Damned.along the way, Dante encounters many Lost Souls from various historical and mythological points in history,the player's interaction with these characters is not merely discourse, however, as Dante holds the power to either absolve these Lost Souls of the sins which condemned them to Hell, or hand down the ultimate Punishment instead. I consider this to be a brilliant mechanic that serves to immerse the player in a very personal manner, as it tends to compel the player to actually reflect on his/her own views of sin and punishment before deciding a Lost Soul's ultimate fate. Very well-executed.

I had very high hopes for this title, but it has far exceeded even those. This game is one of the best I have ever played.Do your self a favor and BUY DANTE'S INFERNO!!
  52. Apr 20, 2015
    Although it is like Sonys' God of War Saga, it shines in storyline, graphics, and being able to choose the Holy or unholy paths, giving you the freedom not found in God of War. An excellent game overall.

1. Despite its visual aspect that was a bit below the standard ofn the genre, Dante's Inferno is able to provide fun and hold you until the end of the game. For some it can become repetitive and uninteresting, but it is a great choice for lovers of the genre.
  2. Obviously, critics will obsessively compare Dante's Inferno to other games, or complain about the quick time events, but don't let those nitpicky issues prevent you from experiencing this imaginative and fun adventure. It's one Hell of a good time..
  3. A copycat, yes, but when it's this thrilling, brutal and frankly, awesome we don't care.