7.3

1. Apr 20, 2011
    yes it is similar to god of war, and yes it is using one of the greatest poems of all time as its story. THATS WHAT MAKES IT F-ING AWSOME. its not like getting more god of war stlye games is bad, and this one stays close to the inferno's descriptions and story. that and how many people have READ THE POEM?
    it a brilliant way to bring people into the story. that and I DIDNT KNOW THAT GOD OF
    WAR TRADEMARKED THE IDEA OF LIGHT AND HEAVY ATTACKS, OR THE IDEA OF A RECHARGEABLE MAGIC METER. Expand
  2. Oct 15, 2010
    A very very good game. Not as deep as I thought it would be - Depth as in, what COD:MW 2 had or BF:BC 2 had. But still... very fun and very realistic. Single player campaign is short which isn't a good thing but DICE makes it all up for Multiplayer. :)
  3. Feb 23, 2011
    i guess i'm one of the very few ps3ers not memorized by the hatred of kratos in god of war... i found it boring but then again vengeance ain't really my thing....darksiders puzzles were just difficult for the hell of it and killed its fun form me. however going into the bowels of hell to save my girl with the power to absolve others sins...short journey?...fine. nice graphics. absolutely disgusting visual metaphors used... the penis is barely tolerable but c'mon. how utterly disgusting can we get i feel totally violated by some of what i saw...despite that i enjoy dantes inferno... even if i have to shower afterwards Expand
  4. Jan 16, 2011
    Dante's Inferno is one of the best god of war like games in 2009 it has lots of level that are great to play a look at. On the ps3 it is much better then the Xbox. Also it worth much more then what you pay for with custom attack selection for killing hell spawn. Finally the end of the story is very satisfying. Go pick up when you have the chance
  5. Oct 4, 2011
    This is probably one game that is way underrated. DI is GOW3 copycat but so what ?Just because this game is copycat does not mean that it deserves lower scores. This is like saying that any FPS is copycat of Doom ?! This game plays well and it is truly tons of fun. Graphics are great,combat is well done and there is not much really that i can say is bad in this game.If you like GOW then you will love this title. Lots of blood and slashing. What else can you want :) Expand
  6. Apr 30, 2013
    I think this game is definitely worth playing, but once it's completed I myself wouldn't want to play it over.

Its not a God of War rip off but it dose use certain game play element's from it and it also uses many other elements from many other games, so not by any means original hence the 4 stars.

although not original it dose offer loads in the way of trophies, blood, gore,
    violence oh and not forgetting certain favored womanly body parts, it can be addictive but I fear if I played it for to long I would want to bludgeon someone to death or something.

Graphically it could be better but still good enough, for what you get the price should be a bit less so maybe just rent it and help your local DVD shop out.

By no means let your children play this game its 100% not suitable, I know the rating is sometimes harsh but not this time.
  7. Aug 1, 2014
    This is one of my favorite games because of the great art direction and story. It is a video game rendition of Dante's Inferno the 'poem' by Dante Alighieri and it reminds me alot of the God Of War series. The game takes you through the various levels of hell like in the story and the games gives you a great blend of button mashing and strategy, especially if you play on a higher difficulty level other than zealot. One of my favorite elements of the game is how you can buff your magical abilities to holy or unholy. The boss battles are very fun and challenging to a degree. The game has very dark overtones and really makes the game great for older crowds. The games artists did a great job of rendering a great deal of interesting textures and enemies for you to hack and slash through.

To any God Of War fan or Dynasty Warriors fan, I would recommend picking up this game for the sheer fact that it can be found for under ten bucks at alot of video game stores and it definitely worth playing through at least once or keeping in your library.

Revelation 13:16 #BornWithHorns
  8. Aug 31, 2014
    I will five this pearl 10 of 10 - anyway!
    Allthough it made me mad at certain points!
    10 ALONE for the fantastic artwork! The Game graphics rock at every second and I couldn't image a "better" hell than the very different bleak stages of Dante's Inferno - Congratulations and Kotau to the Creative department - worldclass to my opinion.
    The gameplay itself reminds often of God of War
    series and is a mixture of hack&slay (fantastic animations and effects) and (terrific and partially annoying) skill tests - it'S flawless but not new.
    The skill tests (jumping sequences, time based tasks etc.) are like already metioned hairy but solvable at last.
    I mastered it without cheats (if there exist any) but there were 5 or 6 situations where had to try a level more often than I'm usually accepting in Games (that means I then stop playing).
    The scenario itself kept me trying nevertheless and I can only recommend this game to enthusiastic gamers who appreciate stunning graphics and a real challenge to master (at least it was one for me)

1. Despite its visual aspect that was a bit below the standard ofn the genre, Dante's Inferno is able to provide fun and hold you until the end of the game. For some it can become repetitive and uninteresting, but it is a great choice for lovers of the genre.
  2. Obviously, critics will obsessively compare Dante's Inferno to other games, or complain about the quick time events, but don't let those nitpicky issues prevent you from experiencing this imaginative and fun adventure. It's one Hell of a good time..
  3. A copycat, yes, but when it's this thrilling, brutal and frankly, awesome we don't care.