Days of Thunder: NASCAR Edition PlayStation 3

3.5

1. Mar 1, 2011
    I knew going in that the game would be more arcadey, and would not have all of the NASCAR drivers and tracks. However, the cars are still very loose handling even for an arcade racing game. Plus, there is not much variety. You qualify, then you race. During the race you have two meters, one that slows time and one that is a turbo boost. They are cool features, but they need constantI knew going in that the game would be more arcadey, and would not have all of the NASCAR drivers and tracks. However, the cars are still very loose handling even for an arcade racing game. Plus, there is not much variety. You qualify, then you race. During the race you have two meters, one that slows time and one that is a turbo boost. They are cool features, but they need constant recharging. But every single race is the same pretty much. In addition to that, there is not really any sense of speed. I have played other NASCAR racing games in the past: 200 mph in this game at let's say Homestead-Miami really feels like a pace lap in other games. Sure there are unlockables, and I haven't yet played derby mode, but the game itself isn't the best. However, it is only $10.
    PS. Some of the tracks in the game are horribly renditioned. The apron at Darlington is a racing groove, completely changing the track characteristics, and I believe that Martinsville has the pit road on the wrong side of the track.

There are no critic reviews yet.