- Summary: PlayStation 3 players can now experience the full adventure of Blizzard's epic action RPG, Diablo III, and the upcoming expansion, Reaper of Souls all from the comfort of their couch in Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition! Take on the role of one of six powerful character class Barbarian,PlayStation 3 players can now experience the full adventure of Blizzard's epic action RPG, Diablo III, and the upcoming expansion, Reaper of Souls all from the comfort of their couch in Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition! Take on the role of one of six powerful character class Barbarian, Demon Hunter, Monk, Witch Doctor, Wizard, or the all-new Crusader and embark on a dark journey through Acts I-V to save the world of Sanctuary from ancient and sinister forces. With the new DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller and a custom-designed console interface, players will be outfitted with touch pad functionality and new social features as they engage in pulse-pounding combat with hordes of monsters and acquire items of incredible power.… Expand
Power UnlimitedAug 28, 2014Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition is the best dungeon crawler in recent history. It looks great, it plays smoothly and it’s filled to the brim with content. This is truly the ultimate version of Diablo III. [Aug 2014, p.61]
Aug 22, 2014Diablo 3 on ps3 or ps4 is amazing how the game works on consoles is what the game should be from the beginning. This version Evil UltimateDiablo 3 on ps3 or ps4 is amazing how the game works on consoles is what the game should be from the beginning. This version Evil Ultimate Edition is what every fan of this incredible series should acquire. I recommend everyone this amazing game.… Expand
Aug 21, 2014This game is truly a classic in terms of dungeoning experiences. While only featuring one new character, the game has been completely updatedThis game is truly a classic in terms of dungeoning experiences. While only featuring one new character, the game has been completely updated from the original in terms of loot, a staple of the Diablo games. The new class, Crusader, handles awesome and is a joy to play, being great either in solo or multi play. Have yet to reach the final act, but it promises to be just as good as the others. While note quite an amazing experience as Diablo 2 or its expansion, Reaper of Souls proves to be a large improvement over the original and proves Blizzard can still craft great video games.… Expand
Aug 19, 2014As someone who never ventured into Diablo 3 before UEE, I won't pretend to be vetted in my observations about it. That being said, this gameAs someone who never ventured into Diablo 3 before UEE, I won't pretend to be vetted in my observations about it. That being said, this game is an absolute joy to play. There is the occasional lapse in frame-rate and some textural issues on the ps3, but it's nothing that mitigates the experience. Having logged around seven hours now, I figured I'd let all of the other older-gen players know that it's completely fine on the ps3 and, assuming you've got a keen eye for tiny flubs, there's an option to install it.. which alleviates some of that. Lack of patch support aside and barring any grand disaster that might come along with extended play, this game is a refreshing loot-heavy treat at 40 bucks. Now, I'll go back to playing it and I'll let someone else write a more articulate review.… Expand
Nov 27, 2014+ + + Pros + + +
1. Decent lenght of the game (5 large worlds with over 30 quests).
2. Local and online co-op campaign for up to 4 players.+ + + Pros + + +
1. Decent lenght of the game (5 large worlds with over 30 quests).
2. Local and online co-op campaign for up to 4 players.
3. Lots of various monsters and rewarding loot.
4. You can control your character directly with joystick (no more click-to-move crap).
- - - Cons - - -
1. The inventory and user interface is designed for 1 player only (awkward and small text).
2. The story is a rehashed crap full of cliches (typical save the world).
3. The cinematics are just static pictures (except intro),I expected more from triple A production.
4. So many effects and filters on screen,that you have no idea whats going on.
If you enjoy fast hack and slash/action rpg games like Darkstone, Sacred, The Incredible Adventures of van Helsing or Titan Quest and you missed (or waited) the crippled PC version,you now have the chance to enjoy the best possible version in one package.… Expand
Jan 13, 2015I gotta be honest I do think this is a good game but I also feel its quite overrated. The original Diablo became huge because it was roguelikeI gotta be honest I do think this is a good game but I also feel its quite overrated. The original Diablo became huge because it was roguelike and had great loot, creatures, gameplay and atmosphere. That game had heart and sole. This game the atmosphere is very bland and the creatures just don't feel different enough from each other. They are essentially all just targets to shoot at and sure some have different features then others but it doesn't translate heavily into the gameplay to the same degree one expects from Diablo. So right off the bat Im disappointed and not sucked into the game because of generic gameplay button mashing random enemies that technically are different but realistically are not and the atmosphere of the game is bland adding further disappointment. No intense soundtrack to assist in feeling the eeriness of the Diablo world. The rest is pretty decent. Lots of interesting skills, a huge amount of content and tons of nifty looting. Too bad the game wasnt tied up a little better. Its still enjoyable and probably everyone should try or own this game but at the same time it could have been way more gourmet it is quite generic. This game is a content heavy button mashing frenzy when compared to the orginal Diablo this game is a disappointment but despite having very little heart and soul it is a huge game with decent enough gameplay to warrant your attention.… Expand
Sep 29, 2014Where do I begin with Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition. Well firstly, it is one of the best if not the best recent dungeon crawler. But ifWhere do I begin with Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition. Well firstly, it is one of the best if not the best recent dungeon crawler. But if your looking for story don't look here as the game starts says some stuff, then nothing gets mentioned for about another hour before one detail is added to the "story", there is more "story" behind all the "audio logs" (or books if you will) that adds to the lore and story. It's nice to have voice actors for the characters for a change. Also if you want a challenge don't play the game on normal as it is far too easy (at least for the crusader as I completed the game in about 8-12 hours including the expansion pack). Finally they could have at least added some side quests into the game as I only recall having about 3-7 side quest, I know the dungeons are randomly generated, but at least some side quests would be nice. But for the price it's at £25 (at time of writing) it's a good purchase and a good enough game to get your head out of all the new hyped releases.… Expand
Aug 31, 2014As someone that bought Diablo 3 (vanilla) I'm rather disappointed in blizzard. It seems repetitive of them, always giving the gamer whateverAs someone that bought Diablo 3 (vanilla) I'm rather disappointed in blizzard. It seems repetitive of them, always giving the gamer whatever they want when they want and conditioning how we play.
For starters, the Reaper of Souls "expansion" offers way less than the expansion for Diablo 2 offered, second, no more "introductions" for creating new heroes, third, rather anti-climatic and one way ending.
the story bit seems a lot rushed and doesn't explain correctly many points and questions raised, but, effectively opens the door for a sequel... -sigh-
let's just hope the next one isn't as bad as this one.… Expand