6.3

1. Sep 3, 2013
    If you're going to play Diablo 3, the console version is the way to go. Everything that's wrong with the PC version isn't present in the console version. No more Auction House & Real Money Auction House trolls who buy their way to good gear. It's just good old fashion grind-and-loot! That's how it should be!
  2. Sep 3, 2013
    Games gets a 1 only because the graphics and sound are decent; the rest of the game is pure garbage.

The exact same core problems plague the console version as it does the PC version: terrible itemization, boring/useless skills, uninteresting loot, and the game is completely gear dependent. Build diversity is just, well, not there. There is no build diversity, and this is because the
    skill system is terrible.

Anyone whose reading this, do yourselves a favor and steer clear of this. There isn't much they can do about the console version, but maybe (just maybe), the PC version will be fixed one of these days and will turn out to be the game it should have been.
  3. Sep 4, 2013
    If you enjoyed Diablo 2, chances are you may be a bit disappointed with this sequel. For me, the best part of Diablo 2 was searching through different game rooms for Baal runs, Hell cows, and item trading. This is no longer possible as their are no named game rooms. Item trading is pretty non-existent and in a game primarily focused on loot, this is extremely detrimental.

Gameplay is
    still fun, but their isn't much thought needed to spend skill points. You no longer allocate attribute points, so leveling up is a ridiculously simple and rather lame process. Their are also no runestones anymore, meaning their are no runewords. Instead, equipment crafting is a more "casual-friendly" process of breaking down (salvaging) useless equipment into matts to create more beneficial equipment which you unlock recipes for by leveling up your blacksmithing (1000 gold per level, usually 2 recipes per level).

This is really less a true Diablo sequel than a sequel to Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance.

Being a huge Diablo 2 fan (probably put well over 300 hours into it), I found this sequel to be a very large disappointment. Its still fun to play as a casual dungeon-crawler, but the hardcore element I loved about Diablo 2 just isn't there.
  4. Sep 3, 2013
    Before purchasing this game, ask yourself this

What game in history sold 10 million copies, but lost 85% of it's players not even 7 months later? Curious as to why? Look at the official forums where you'll see 90% of both the threads and posts are of a negative nature towards the game: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/

There is also the question of why Diablo 3 has less than half
    of the content of Diablo 2 (which was made 12 years ago).

This game lacks so much. It has the potential to be good, but unfortunately the Blizzard team dropped the ball on this one. Some like the game, but the vast majority are disappointed with it. Chances are if you pick this up, you'll be disappointed too, especially if you ever played Diablo 2.
  5. Sep 3, 2013
    This game is no different than the PC version; bland, boring, repetitive, pigeon-holed, and linear.

The only thing that differs with the console version is the loot quality is slightly better. This really doesn't matter when the itemization is terrible. The game revolves around 2-3 stats, so essentially stacking gear with those stats is how you advance. Of course because there are so
    few items in the game, everybody is walking around with the exact same gear, and thus looks exactly the same.

Get used to the skill system being next to useless. Most skills have absolutely no use unless your geared like a god, then and only then most skills can be used. Don't expect that happen anytime soon as the itemization is so bad.

Each class has 1-2 viable builds only; what I mean by viable is a skill and rune set that can actually be used in inferno with mediocre gear. Running anything other than this type of build will get you destroyed quickly.

If you do pick up this console (which I advise not); run a Barbarian, you'll life will be infinitely easier. The old game director ran one and thus this class is overpowering compared to the others.

The game got 1 start because the graphics and animations are nice.
  6. Sep 3, 2013
    Just google Diablo 3 forums to see the current state of the game. The console version is no different with the except that loot drops are slightly better quality, that and there is no auction house. Also take into consideration that this game all be it 12 years newer than D2, has less than half the content that D2 did. There is no excuse for that when your supposed to build off the predecessor.

There still has never been an answer from the D3 dev team as to why the skill system is so bad, yet had a winning formula from D2 yet chose not to build off it or use a variation.
  7. Sep 3, 2013
    I have not played the PC version Of diablo 3, which I've heard terrible things about.
    Diablo 3 on the ps3 on the other hand is great, Looks great, plays fantastically, anything wrong with the PC version has been fixed .
    The multiplayer shines. it's easy to get matches, and little lag is experienced, The online community from what I've seen is pretty good too.
    If you weren't loving
    diablo 3 on Pc, give it a second look for console. Expand
  8. Sep 3, 2013
    I avoided the console version due to the advice of my friend (thankfully), but I picked this up today because supposedly it was supposed to be better than the PC version.

Though I do not have the PC game to compare it to, but my initial review of this game, is that it just plain sucks. Everything I was warned about I can vaguely see happening already. I was a massive fan of D2 but
    sadly, D3 (console) just doesn't hold a candle to it.

The graphics are good, I'll give it that, as well as, the sound. The skill system however is atrocious, the loot I can see is flat out boring and I can only imagine just how bad it will get later if follows one of the warnings my buddy told me about.. being tied to weapon damage.

A diablo game that has no reliance on skills but everything on gear and weapon damage, is simply not a diablo game at all. Blizzard really messed up with this one.
  9. Sep 3, 2013
    The game is trash, just like it's PC counterpart. Finding loot seems to be somewhat improved, as well as, the loot itself seems to be better quality; but that isn't the problem. The biggest problems with this game are as follows: 1) The itemization is bad the items themselves are extremely boring, the game revolves around 3 stats 2) The skill system is terrible, a lot of useless skills and only 1-2 viable builds for character
    3) Everybody runs the exact same gear set up because (surprise, it's all to weapon damage)
    4) Game is far too repetitive because you are forced to play they way "they" want you to play

While some things have been addressed in the console version, the main problems that have plagued the game itself are still no where fixed
  10. Sep 3, 2013
    I bought the PC version and havn't played it in 8 months. I decided to pick up the Ps3 version thinking they might have fixed some of the problems that plagued this game, but alas I was wrong.

Other than loot being marginally better, and not having to stare at that stupid Auction House, the game is absolutely no different:

Broken, boring, linear, gear dependent, many useless skills,
    bad itemization, and repetitive play with little to no reward. Please people, just save yourself the trouble. I'm giving this game to my buddy as he is/was a D3 fan. He's been wavering on buying it, I'll save him the trouble and give him my copy. Expand
  11. Sep 4, 2013
    It's terrible, I played a lot with the pc version and I actually hate this game, everyone of my friends stopped playing quite soon and hates the game too and blizzard doesn't care for their customers, they simply make console ports and try every way of spillin you money instead of fixing the whole game, this console port is a joke both for the console users and the pc ones, if u want to know what I mean just check some forum before buying it Expand
  12. Sep 5, 2013
    Think about this for a second, take 2 of the most popular games recently and look at their reviews, Guild wars 2 and Skyrim. Both have about 2500 and 5000 reviews respectively.. Most are positive with some negative and mixed reviews tossed in there..

Now look at Diablo 3 (PC version).. Over 8000 reviews and over 6000 of them are negative. The console version is identical to the PC
    version with the exceptions there is no auction house, legendaries drop more often, and their stats are higher (none of which were core problems with PC version).

Close your eyes and think about that for a second; over 6000 negative reviews out of 8000; what does that tell you? Red flags should come up alerting you to steer clear of this game (both PC and console). When there are that many negative reviews on one game, that should tell you something...
  13. Sep 7, 2013
    I've read a few of the reviews on here, both good and bad, and have come to some sort of a conclusion, though it really is more of a question. There are people on here who are claiming the console version of D3 fixed a lot (if not all) the problems the PC version had, do these people even know what the PC problems were?

Lets look at the PC problems more closely

Terrible (Mostly
    useless) Skills NOT fixed in the console version
    Zero Build Diversity NOT fixed in the console version
    Bad Itemization NOT fixed in the console version
    Boring Items & Everything dependent on weapon damage NOT fixed in the console version
    No Randomized maps NOT fixed in the console version
    No Endgame & Forced to play story over and over NOT fixed in the console version

Auction Houses This was taken out of the console version Fixed (thankfully)
    No Offline Mode Biggest most positive Fix in the console version, it's huge

Where they went completely backwards: Monster Density has been reduced

I did not mention amount of loot being dropped because that was never a problem. Loot drops continuously, it was all just garbage.

As you can see, most of the core problems were never addressed. Blizzard never learned their lesson, despite having the players feeding them the problems continuously and how to fix them. Supported continuously and remained on the front page for months, so they were well aware.

So please people, before making such comments, just don't unless you know what your talking about
  14. Sep 7, 2013
    I still get nightmares just thinking about D3 on PC. So RPG horrendous system to push ppl into buying items and spend more time in auction house than in game. The Console version does change that... But it still doesn't change the fact that Blizzard is ready to let part of their player base that is STILL playing on PC suffer the same horrendous system we had before.

There is now ZERO
    excuse for Blizzard to not implement a server now on PC that has the same basic RPG and loot rules as the console one. Are they doing that OFC not... cause then Blizzard will loose money allowing ppl to actually gather items in the PC game instead of going to RMAH.

This is when you know a game developer is no longer worth being called a game developer. And Blizzard has now reached this lowest level of standard possible in the industry. Where core game is suffering to make them money. And we have the console version of D3 to verify that this is the case with once a great company called Blizzard.
  15. Sep 5, 2013
    Raped and abused style and lore, more like a comic than a gothic and realistic theme.
    Terrible PC launch, unbalanced and not polished like they said.
    Totally untested high end difficulty, that showed even more the underneath unbalance.
    The story was a 6 score, but it's not the main feature of and action rpg. But the lack of hardcore (or at least not casual) content, long term
    engagement, poor designed loot in addition to a legalized way of cheating (aka real money action house) killed it on PC.
    It took old blizzard style defects (long release times, terribly long on fixing design issues that makes a game engaging and fun) and new Blizzard defects (money fun and masterpiece games).
    It's fun for a month, not for so long like diablo 2.
    Seriously a PvE environment with no additional content over time, focused on grinding gear from mobs i can already kill for no purpose, not even PvP, just to get a plain +1 main stat and near 100% trash loot? What's the meaning of white common items constantly dropping if even uniques are garbage and maybe you will get a decent drop in half a week of chinese farming?
  16. Sep 5, 2013
    The second they left the skills and items the same with this console port, it was basically a dud right out of the gate. People need to realize the auction house was not and never will be Diablo 3's problem, it's the itemization, lack of diversity, lack of end game, and lack of incentive to play. Auction house or no auction house, the game still sucks because those problems.

Nobody
    can tell you this game is different. The skills are the same, the items are the same, the builds or lack of build diversity is the same which completely put a stake through the heart of what once was a great series. As others have mentioned, the only difference in the console is no auction house and higher numbers on items. More legendaries drop, but there is very little monster density compared to the PC version.

The console version is a dud; at least the PC version can be fixed via patches and what not.
  17. Sep 7, 2013
    People who are rating this game 5 or above need a reality check. Lets look at the facts: The console version and PC version are identical with the except of a couple of things; An offline mode (the single biggest improvement over the PC), loot drops more and is marginally better (higher stats). Negatively, the monster density is drastically less (huge huge problem)

The rest of the
    game is completely identical to the PC version, so go look at the PC reviews; 6000 out of 8000 are negative; 3.8 user score. I own this game, I have the PC version, and my brother picked me up a copy of the console version which I have begrudgingly played. People. there is no difference between either versions. The one thing the PC version has over the console is it's fixable. It can be patched continuously to be made into a good game, the console version cannot. What you see with the console, is what you get.

Much like the 10+ million who quit PC version because of the rampid core problems and blizzard's neglect to fix them; those who own this game, will follow suit shortly and quit as well. Even looking at the console forums they are practically a ghost town.

The only thing this game has going for it is it's offline mode, graphics, and sound; but all that is just sugar coating garbage. Flashiness on the screen can only go so far before it gets stale. 10+ million people will gladly tell you that.

If you insist on playing Diablo (and are a gambler by nature), grab the PC version instead. At least they may fix it one day, I do emphasize MAY. The console version on the other hand is DoA.
  18. Sep 5, 2013
    What people fail to understand is that the AH/RMAH is not D3's core problem, I repeat it is NOT D3's core problem. Sure these were removed from the console version which is all fine and dandy, but it did not address the core problems that plague D3.

The overall user rating at the moment for D3 on PC is 3.8 and for good reason. There is absolutely no difference between the PC version
    and console version, other than no AH, higher numbers on items, as well as, legendaries drop more often.

My friend picked up the game, I noticed this in the 2.5 hours they played last night, it was absolutely pathetic; Blizzard did nothing to fix the core problems with the game at all.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but anyone who is rating this game anymore than a 5 really needs to give their head a shake, especially if you've played the PC version and/or have played the Diablo franchise at all. You know very well why the game is rated so low, it is no secret, and you know full well the reasons it was rated low are still present in the console.

If anyone has any doubts, seriously, just go look at the D3 official forums page, you'll get a laundry list of why this game is a dud. Do yourself a favor and don't buy it.
  19. Sep 5, 2013
    Taking a loot based game and giving it completely boring and uninteresting loot, then just adding higher stats to that loot (like the console version did), doesn't make the game any better. It sucked on PC, and after what I've seen already, it still sucks now. The loot system is so bad in the game, making it drop more often and with higher numbers doesn't make it any better, in some cases, it actually makes it worse. Much better games out there to play.

My brother, who never played the PC version and therefor should have an unbiased view of the console version, picked up the console game yesterday morning. Last night he tells me that he thought Diablo 3 was supposed to be better and an upgrade from Diablo 2. Well buddy.. you are damn right it was supposed to be. It's kind of funny because the start of D3 isn't that bad, it's when you get into the later content you find out that it's beyond repetitive and the items just suck. He's not even out of normal yet and already thinks it's terrible.
  20. Sep 3, 2013
    diablo III on ps3 is amazing. requires no internet connection. have co op mode
    and has no AH was all that the game needed.
    congratulations blizzard this time you hit.
  21. Sep 3, 2013
    Being a longtime fan of the diablo franchise, I am happy to say that the console version is one step closer in the right direction of how this classic dungeon crawlers should play.

With the elimination of always online requirement, and the RMAH the loot system has been fine tuned to feel like it was intentionally supposed to: Rewarding. Progressing through the game seems a lot longer
    on the console than on the PC version, but thats because there is no pay to play here, and when an item of value drops, you CHERISH it and Appreciate it for what it provides you with.

The loot system: improved
    The Control Scheme: Polished
    The Fun Factor: Incredible

The game feels Refreshed, polished, and completed and if this is your first time considering playing Diablo 3: pick it up for the console.
  22. Sep 3, 2013
    For those who have not played diablo 3 I recommend this version all
    the problems they had in the previous version have been corrected
    really cool guys to draw and play co op site and offline.
  23. Sep 3, 2013
    People bashing based on the pc version. Ive got it on mac and pc. Console is ten times better. People need to stop being biased. Play it on ps3. Dont just judge on past mistakes. Well worth my money.
  24. Sep 3, 2013
    The connection and feel on Console is amazing. I didn't imagine I would as connected to my character as I have.
    If you haven't played Diablo PICK THIS UP!
    If you have played Diablo III this is a new experience PICK THIS UP!
  25. Sep 3, 2013
    So fluid. Much better than pc. No constant online drm. Hours of fun, especially with mates. I was never a fan of this sort of rpg gaming but wow this is a decent, decent game. Pick iy up!!
  26. Sep 3, 2013
    No AH or RMAH, the two things that destroyed the PC version. Controls are great, graphics are equal to the PC version. Playing on a big screen, not a PC monitor. Just hours and hours of hack, slash and loot, game play. Overall the game just plays better than the PC version and can't be ruined by gold farmers, and pay to win idiots.

Before anyone says anything about my take on the
    graphics or game play, I have a high-end gaming PC, and several hundred hours into the PC version.

This is just an all around better game.
  27. ERB
    Sep 3, 2013
    At least this game has improve much better than the PC version of this game.And what important about this game is that you no longer need to connect online.I mean that is awesome .Plus the game play mechanics is good and awesome!Well that is all I have to say but I recommend you guys to buy this game and try playing so that you can forget about the horrible things about the PC version of this game.And I know that after you have played the PC version you would be really disappointed and maybe you would come here again to try and put negative scores.But first,before scoring a game you should try playing the game first then you can score it.But I won't blame you guys if you still hate this game.Okay that is all. Expand
  28. Sep 3, 2013
    The newer loot system isn't too shabby and it's fairly easy to find useful items. No need to rely on purchasing upgrades from the AH and waiting for long periods of time for something good to show up. The graphics aren't as bad as I was expecting and load times are minimal. The control system isn't complicated and doesn't take long to get used to. And there's no requirement to be online to play. The console version is a decent purchase if you didn't pick up the PC version. Expand
  29. Sep 4, 2013
    I feel like a lot of the hate from users about this game is from angry PC players, and I can completely see where they are coming from. I loved D2, but never even once tried to play Diablo 3 on the PC because of the online action house, let alone all of the other issues. However, Im about 20 hours in on the PS3 version and it's everything I expected. Graphics are great, except for a few slowdowns, the sound is amazing. Story is well voiced and holds my attention for the most part. The loot system seems to be a million times better than what I understand the PC versions loot system to be. All in all a really good game so far. Not 10/10, but rarely is a game. Just really good. Expand
  30. Sep 4, 2013
    This game is much better than some of these children are rating it. I never played the PC version but the PS3 version sports great graphics, controls and the sound is well above average. I love being able to play offline, solo. The menu setup is a bit aggravating, there is a small amount of slowdown on rare occasions. I don't care about the PC online auction houses being absent, I don't usually play online anyway. This game should be rated an 8 but I gave it a 10 just because of the idiots with multiple accounts dragging down the score. They can bite me. Expand
  31. Sep 4, 2013
    Diablo 3 on console is what Diablo 3 should have been on the PC. There's no auction house and the item drops are appropriate for a character's level. Combat with melee characters is quite satisfying, but using a ranged character takes some practice.

Co-op play online can be laggy, but this is an issue that will likely sort itself out as the number of concurrent players stabilizes.
    Local play is immensely fun as it's easy to coordinate attacks, share loot and plan the next adventure. The screen can be slightly crowded at times, but it doesn't detract from the fun.

Unfortunately, having this playable game on the console just reminds me of how Blizzard treated its core audience when the game was originally released. Blizzard monetized the fun of trading by installing the auction house and then forced players to the auction house by making sure the loot drops were poor and ill suited for characters as they progressed from levels 1-60.

I've now paid for this game twice and feel that I'm finally getting the experience I initially wanted. Too bad it's 18 months too late. Having played the PC version repeatedly, I will likely trade away my console version for another game soon.
  32. Sep 4, 2013
    Generation Metacritc strikes again. Frustrated people creating multiple Accounts just to downvote one Game? Even at the User Critics (I'm not talking about the simple votes) there are some Accounts created by the same User. But why the bad score? The Console Version of Diablo III is nothing but great. The game is, believe it or not, even on the PC great. Now, you can play the game without forced to be in Online Mode or without the damn Auction House.

The Loot System was updated, you finally receive something good when you slay the Bosses. The Console Version of Diablo III is the definite Version. Everybody, who is still not satisfied should play F***ing Torchlight 2 over and over again simply because it's more Indie compared to Diablo. Well, s**t, I can't believe someone actually prefers a boring Diablo Clone over the Original. Gamers became sulky crybabies since the creation of Metacritic.
  33. Sep 4, 2013
    Thank you Blizzard for bringing Diablo 3 to PS3. Also owning the PC version, I am noticing many vast improvements over the PC version.
    1. True offline play
    2. No Auction House, also the loot that drops is better and more relevant to your character, as well as less useless loot to clutter your inventory.
    3. The game seems to be so much smoother than the PC version; which I am surprised
    considering on PC i was playing the game with a Gefore GTX 650 on medium settings at 1920 x 1080
    4. The game can set to be more challenging right from the start in PS3, Only one difficulty to choose from at start for PC, and it's to easy.
    5. The UI on PC could not be configured properly if playing the game on an Plasma HDTV. The buttons and loot description are too small to read. This is not an issue with the PS3 version
    6. More of a personal preference, but I prefer to play this game with a controller than with a point and click interface.

The only thing that prevents me from giving the game a 10 is the level randomization and random events throughout the game. This game could have been done with more random events and levels. Act 3 and 4 still feel like there's not much randomness to them. Otherwise this is a near perfect game for me.
  34. Sep 4, 2013
    Used to play on PC til I hit end game and it was unplayable. I had already stopped playing by the time they fixed that. Picked it up for 360 so I could play with friends and it's really fun. GG blizz
  35. Sep 13, 2013
    Perfect game for ps3. Fast, fun and great gameplay. Much more fun than on PC. It feels seemless when playing with others. The hours just blurred away while I was blasting away monsters.
  36. Sep 5, 2013
    Great game. 10/10. That's the way I was waiting it for PC. Everything that's wrong with the PC version isn't present in the console version. No more Auction House & Real Money Auction House trolls who buy their way to good gear. I recommend to buy the game for consoles.

And version for the PC, you can present It to your enemy
  37. Sep 4, 2013
    Diablo 3 on PS3 and Xbox is the same as the PC version only with a few major and much needed improvements. Getting rid of the Auction House and "always online" framework, in my opinion, was what this game needed from the start. On my console this game runs very smooth and looks at least equivalent to medium graphics settings on my pc.

If you have played any other Diablo game or a
    similar style dungeon crawling loot fest then you will be familiar with what D3 has to offer. This time around instead of getting to choose how to build your character stats when you level up, each character automatically progresses in areas that support that characters skills. Also, there are a fewer number of skills to choose from.

The game may have its flaws and may not be quite as robust as Diablo 2 but, I still find it to be a worthwhile experience if you like these types of games. I plan to get a few friends together on the couch and go demon slaying for quite a while.
  38. Sep 4, 2013
    Ok: the console version of D3 is probably the best ARPG ever that graced this platform. Couch play is incredible. A family that plays together stays together and Diablo3 makes for a MUCH needed change on console play: Grind and adventure into the darkness of Hell on the 4 player sofa
  39. Sep 4, 2013
    The Best Diablo III version! Giocato in Co-op risulta essere divertentissimo, la grafica e il sonoro son davvero ben realizzati e per quel poco che ho giocato fino adesso lo trovo molto fluido, veloce e con meno spazi morti dei capitoli precedenti...
  40. Sep 4, 2013
    Having played the PC version I can't say that this version is neither better or worse, it's simply different.

There are some improvements, mostly relating to loot, that definitely have a positive impact on gameplay. The controls feel clunky at first but after a few minutes I was more than comfortable with them. The graphics aren't anything to write home about, they're probably on par
    with the mid-level settings on the PC version. The draw there of course is that you're more than likely playing on a big TV rather than a monitor, but that's personal preference really. I did notice some frame rate hitches as well, which surprised me as the game isn't very graphically taxing.

The biggest let down for myself would have to be the UI. While the console UI is functional, coming from the PC it just doesn't feel as well organized. The drag and drop nature of the PC allows for a much more visually pleasing UI layout then the list based console version.

At the end of the day it's a decent port of a solid PC game. Things were generally well thought out and the balance changes to loot are a big plus (these are coming in a patch to PC). It really comes down to two things: 1. Are you a fan of the direction Diablo 3 took from Diablo 2? If you say no to that question, then there's nothing here that's going to change your mind. The story is the same, the classes are the same, etc, etc. 2. Do you want to play on your couch with a controller, or in your computer chair with a keyboard and mouse?

In regards to the RMAH and always online requirements for the PC; while I can see why not having to connect to the internet can be nice for a variety of reasons, I don't personally see it as a make or break problem. That being said, I do find it nice that I never have to worry about the occasional lag spike on the console version. As for the RMAH, if you found it too tempting on PC, then maybe the console version is for you. I was personally able to put it out of my head that it even existed on PC and earned all my gear.
  41. Sep 4, 2013
    Had a lot of fun with it so far, the local co-op is a blast. Playing alone can get tiresome though, and I haven't tried the online yet, been spending all my time with co-op. Don't understand all these low scores...
  42. Oct 2, 2013
    It makes no sense whatsoever to give this a terrible score. It is easily the best dungeon crawler on consoles. What else do you want? The game does what it is supposed to do. Is it possible that you're just jaded by the pc version?
  43. Sep 5, 2013
    All the negative user reviews are from PC gamers nerd raging at Blizzard over the pc treatment of this game, ignore them! Diablo 3 on console is without a doubt the best game of its genre, has an extremely high fun factor and has a ridiculous amount of replay value. I played Diablo 2 LoD back in the day and I can say without a doubt I'm just as addicted now as I was back then. Getting a group of 3 other friends together and spending hours exploring trying to get the best gear while completing quests is amazing. My favorite part of this game by far is the numerous difficulty levels, this is the hardest game I ever played on the right settings. Do yourself a favor and if you are a fan of this type of genre stop reading and go pick it up right now. Expand
  44. Sep 12, 2013
    The game strays to far from what made it legendary. It was clearly not designed by the original developers.

Rest in peace Diablo. We will miss you.
  45. Sep 5, 2013
    HERE IS AN HONEST REVIEW. This game is not as bad as the negative reviews say but it's not as good as the critics claim either. This is a game that is WAY better if you play with a friend, if you play solo it gets pretty boring and tedious. THE BAD: there is a few bad things with this game such as its not fun to play solo. Also the story is hard to keep up with, no matter how much my friend and I tried to pay attention it got confusing. Another Con is that the combat got very repetitive, they try to make a lot of fun combinations but the combat gameplay itself is very repeating. This last problem I had was there wasn't much customization for character gear, it wasn't THAT bad but there definitely could have been more/better gear. THE GOOD: This game is very fun to play with a friend, sharing gear and having each others back is a fun part of the game, like I said before the gameplay does get repetitive but there are still some very fun boss fights and battles. My friend and I played the story till the end and while it got confusing it was still cool to see the cutscenes, and with some help from Wikipedia we were able to keep up with the story and thoroughly enjoyed it. The last good part is that it's a new experience, especially for console players. I've never played a game like it and the overall game was new.

To sum it up, my friend is a casual gamer and I'm a hardcore gamer. For him this game was awesome and he praised it, for me it was fun but was missing any Pah-zazz that made the game stand out. I mostly liked it because it was something new for me but it was by no means a superb game. If you're debating on getting this game then I would recommend it, as long as you have a buddy to play with.
  46. Sep 14, 2013
    This is lots better than pc version, cause i can play with my friends on same console and this is so Perfect Game. If you like rpg games you will Love Diablo 3 if you're not sure do you wanna buy this or not test demo and you will love it!!
  47. Sep 5, 2013
    I loved Diablo2 i played mainly on the pc... and was SO happy when Diablo3 was brought out on pc... however, you do need to spend megabucks on a decent laptop or pc... what i didn't have.
    Now the game is on Xbox 360! and i would put this as a better version of Balders gate etc etc.
    I just pray they keep putting updates and add-ons!
    Just 1 minor fault playing online, i would like to
    see what games i join and not be selected at random. Expand
  48. Sep 8, 2013
    Diablo 3 is an app for the Playstation

Last year I played an app on my mobile phone in which I used my index finger to fire projectiles at incoming mobs as they attacked me. After killing mobs, gaining experience and upgrading my weapons and choosing new abilities, I was able to better attack mobs and progress further through the game. As a result, cut scenes were unlocked, better
    weapons and abilities were available, and I progressed further through the story-line.

Diablo 3 for the PS3 is an app for your Playstation. Don't bother.
  49. Sep 8, 2013
    D3 has a lot of hate from the PC version. If this game is judged on its own, I put this very high because I enjoy games like Dungeon Alliance, Torchlight, etc. D3 on the PS3 just works very well. Controls: 10. The game plays solid Music 10: very well done Story: 3 very very weak. Cain dying for no reason is one of my biggest gripes Loot: 10 enjoying the loot drops/progression very much.
    Graphics: 10 I put this above any RPG ive played on the PS3
    Combat: 10 using the controller and 'steering' your abilities feels amazing. The shaking of the controller in combat adds a lot to the gameplay

(I did not rate this game based on no AH or Always Online because it nothing to do with the stand alone rating of the PS3, but these 2 features are a welcome 'addition'. I cant stress enough how good the loot is now instead of using AH 80% of the time but this fact serves no purpose in this review)

(Overall I do wish I had bought this game over the PC version as the gameplay with a controller feels much more engaging but again this comparison shouldn't reflect in the stand alone view of the PS3)
  50. Sep 10, 2013
    How in the world do critics give this game such high ratings?? Is blizzard slipping them a few bones? Lets be clear I loved the previous Diablo games This hack and slash is so repetitive and boring. No innovation, when you start the game on normal mode it is so pathetically easy my GF played the game for 3 hrs and said.. wow this is so easy.. she's not a gamer!!! So you decide to bump up the difficulty just to realize the mini bosses become more difficult to kill then the actual boss battles stay clear of the game!! Expand
  51. Sep 15, 2013
    There hasn't been a game like this one on the console for many, many years. I think the last one was,
    "Champions: Return to Arms", which was the 2nd game in the "Champions of Norrath" series for the PS2. While some of the reviews are negative, I think it may be because they didn't give this game much of a chance. At the start of the game, it can seem a little repetitive, and the loot is
    not that great, but once you get farther into it and go up a few levels, it gets really challenging, and the loot becomes really amazing. Combine that with the ability to play up to 4 people at once on the same screen without the stupid split screen thing that most games suffer from, and you have what is an incredibly fun, challenging, and all around great game. I hope this is the start of a whole bunch of these types of games being made; we've waited too long to see the return of them! Expand
  52. Sep 17, 2013
    This game had some bad changes since D2, now your character are the same, you don't have a status tree to make him unique, the lack of customization of builds is the worst, the game punishes you if you try to play with a different tactic, your items are the most important aspect, if your items are bad you are nothing, your character doesn't make the difference only your weapon makes.
  53. Sep 18, 2013
    Diablo 3 fixes the problems from the PC version and without real life currency in the game there are more generous drop rating make this a fun experience. Me and my friends have spent hours playing this together and there are few games on console that can offer such an experience. However I wish they would have expanded on the customization options for your characters
  54. Sep 23, 2013
    diablo III on ps3 is amazing. requires no internet connection. have co op mode
    and has no AH was all that the game needed.
    congratulations blizzard this time you hit.
  55. Sep 18, 2013
    Basically what others have said: since you can play with real people in real life this version is way better than PC. And it plays exactly the same and teh graphics are the same. Siiick!
  56. Sep 15, 2013
    Stay awhile and listen to my whining. If you think the game mechanics of the PC version were uberly out of balance the console version proves it can be worse. Either the development team is directly managed by a bunch of share holders or Blizzard has completely lost touch with building quality games.
  57. Sep 11, 2013
    From reading all the negative reviews about this console version, all I can say is Haters gotta hate" !

Diablo 3 was something of a screw up on launch of the PC version and probably took 30-45 days to stabilise.

From that point onwards it became a very playable game, and you as the player got out of it what you wanted. The only real negative left to the game these days is the
    somewhat cynical cash in that is the auction house, followed by the wholly unnecessary "always online" requirement. But, Blizzard are a company out to make money and these two elements ensure they do, and have !

So, with the PC version well and truly behind it, it seems it has taken the console release of Diablo 3 to realise its true potential.

There is no auction House. There is no "always online requirement. And that, my friends is what makes Diablo 3 just that little bit better on console rather than PC.

The console version of Diablo 3 is obviously sub par graphically compared to the PC version when running it on an turbo nutter ninja bastid PC, but the console version still holds its own.

You can play it single player, you can then take your character and play it over a LAN, you can then take that character and play it online with 3 other players, then go back to single player whenever you want. The drop in, drop out gameplay is totally fine and works well on both consoles.

The direct control mechanism with the gamepad is just fine, with the possible exception that the "evade" move, which is mapped to the right stick cannot be swapped with the "movement" function which is mapped to the left stick. The ability to re-map those two controls would have been handy. BUT, that is a minor quibble.

On console this game plays brilliantly, the loot drops more often and is more effective for your character.

I'll score this game 8/10 with the 2 points being removed for the inability to re map the controls along with the fact that you cant plug in a USB keyboard and type messages, and the other point for the slight input lag that occurs when in the games character menus or game vendor screens.
    Once again, these are very minor quibbles to a brilliant conversion of a game that has been vastly improved upon compared to its PC forerunner.

Go buy it now and I'll see you online.
  58. Sep 10, 2013
    This game is good. Thought I'd get that out of the way before I start. Also I'm playing this with no knowledge of the horrendous problems with the PC version which make this game apparently worse than the holocaust.

I had D1 on the original playstation years ago and loved that back than, I've never played D2 on PC because I don't own one, so naturally I've been looking forward to it
    coming out on consoles again.

It's everything I wanted it to be and more. Let me break it down.
    Graphically. It looks good, not the best I've seen and certainly not the worse. It's pretty sharp and plays at a very good frame rate. So far I'm yet to see any glitches at all if I'm honest. Theres a great colour palette keeping it all very vibrant, yet the dark tone of game is kept very well. You have no trouble identifying objectives, markers, enemies etc.

Sound. I'll put it this way, after not having played a Diablo game for probably 15 years, I instantly knew it was diablo, the sounds of the gold drops, books, bows everything, it was a giant wave of nostalgia! To add to that the impact of hits/spells etc are great, theres a real thud on impact. The enemies all have their distinct sounds and it gets quite good when you can identify what your about to be up against off screen. All the characters you play as and talk to are voiced and they do a good enough job. The companions you pick up along the way are always chatting away and have something to say about most situations.

Gameplay. For me this is what shines, its fun! That's the point of gaming, to have fun. The whole act of combat from every character type feels great and they all have their own unique style. Charging into a big group of enemies as a Barbarian and just watching heads, arm legs and blood flying around everywhere as a result is just a hoot. The controls are nice and smooth, the way the skills are mapped to each of the buttons comes very naturally and in no way is it a chore to execute all of your skills. With ranged characters it's pretty annoying to target individual enemies in a cluster, however with the melee characters it's not really an issue. Navigating the menus and inventory was a bit clumsy for me at first but once you get the hang of it its a breeze.
    To add to all of this there is the online which plays as you'd expect, but for the love of god, get a few controllers and get a few mates round, It is an absolute ball! I haven't had this much fun in multiplayer since Mario Kart 64.

Overall. I'd recommend this to anyone. Forget what everyone says it should have been and judge it on its own merits: a very heavily action orientated, loot grabbing grind fest with hilarious and fun single and multiplayer gameplay.
  59. Jan 9, 2014
    I didn't feel excited or amazed one single time during the campaign. Once finished after ~17 hours, I replayed a few bosses with some kid and had a bit more fun that way. But still, I had seen every element in other games/movies/comics. The last act could have been awesome, but I just saw it as a different background image to the same button-mashing. It loads quickly, and the half dozen cutscenes amazed me a bit. There were zero puzzles, and I didn't get a feeling of mystique or anything really. It tries to be Dark Souls some places, but it didn't immerse me. I don't want to play the game again, and I don't care about it. The voice-acting costs a point since I could hear the actors in the studio rather than characters on an epic quest. The child merchant sounded like a adult, who of course did the voicing. If there had been a couple of puzzles and more epic multiplayer (30 people and insane difficulty etc) and it had made it easier to jump into various online modes, I would have given it a slightly positive review. Expand
  60. Sep 16, 2013
    I've played the game for a bit now and I'm having a good time with it. The coop is fun, the battles are frantic, and there seems to be a good variation between the classes. The skills are all fun to use and there are some neat combinations that you can work with to achieve your classes maximum potential.

It's not a cerebral game or anything, but it's a fun gear based RPG/Hack-n-slash game.
  61. Sep 10, 2013
    Console version is so much better than PC. No auction house means you value more your loot. No forced online, as it should be. Better camera! 4 player hotseat, it´s awesome! ps. i own PC version also...
  62. Sep 16, 2013
    If you are nostalgic for Gauntlet this is your fix. I'm by no means a propnent for muti-player as a basis for a game's quality. I'm a ripe old 30 and have been a solo gamer since ancient times. The joy in Diablo 3 on consoles really does come from playing with a few friends though as you constantly squabble over loot and chastise one another for dying. It's not challenging, the story is crap and your character plays the role of extra in a movie that seems to take itself entirely to serious. But it is ridiculously fun which is all that should matter in a game. Expand
  63. Sep 9, 2013
    Diablo on the console? Awesome... Reminds me why gaming with a control pad is better than with the keyboard and mouse. Just more enjoyable sitting on the couch, right? Plus, Diablo looks great on the big screen... Nothing really new here versus the PC version (at least as far as I can tell). The equipment interface is obviously different, and takes some getting used to, but works fine... Bottom-line, if you liked it on the PC, you'll love it on the console... The question for most gamers will come down to price, I'm sure. Is it worth the $59.99 price tag to play a game you've already played? For those who have never played Diablo 3, though, it's an excellent addition to the RPG/Dungeon-crawler genre... Enjoy! Expand
  64. Sep 6, 2013
    if u play alone don't buy it if u have 4 joystick and 3 mate always at home IS A MUST A LOT OF FUN IN 4 IN THE SAME HOUSE.....yes a very good game and it's a rpg and have a story
  65. Sep 7, 2013
    This game is all about fun and is the best of its type for ps3.

The only negatives are item menu navigation, Act I is half of the game even though there are 4 acts, and I felt the items could've been improved slightly. (Some framerate hiccups but only for split seconds).

Console controller allows movement and combat to flow a lot smoother than point and click and upgraded loot drop
    system makes a huge difference along with the offline mode. I fully recommend this game to people who love action rpg's or anyone who is slightly interested in the diablo series. Expand
  66. Sep 8, 2013
    I've played the game thoroughly the last few days and would give it a 9 quite easily. Its a blast to play, especially online or with friends. I think its a little unfair that the people downgrading the game seem to be disgruntled PC owners who bought the inferior version last year and seem bitter that the PS3 and 360 versions are a lot better. I can understand how you would get upset but the game was primarily designed for consoles in mind. Overall like it a lot and will probably be playing it for quite a while along with Dark Souls, The last of us and Dragons Crown. Good stuff Expand
  67. Sep 9, 2013
    Never played a Diablo game before but when I saw gameplay of Diablo 3 on console it got me interested despite all the hate the game got from PC gamers around the world. I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not so I originally planned to wait for reviews to come in and a price drop before buying it. I ended up changing my mind, got it on release day and I don't regret it.

The reason behind
    the 8/10 score I gave it is due to the story and gameplay. The story isn't the best ever told, it can be predictable at points but it definitely is worth paying attention to. As for gameplay, killing monsters is incredibly fun especially as you level up and equip better loot, unlock more powerful attacks and runes which increase your power and abilities. This seems to me what the game is all about: farming gold and finding powerful loot so you can become stronger and kill enemies faster. this is why I took away another point in the score. Maybe there is more to the game than this and I'm missing something but overall the game is really fun and addictive but it gets tiring after a while, at least for me, but the thing is after you take a rest from the game for awhile it's that thrill over taking on a hoard of monster, killing them within seconds and seeing all their corpses at your feet that makes you just want to load it back up and kill some more! Expand
  68. Sep 9, 2013
    I played the PC version when it launched and am one of the many who got bored pretty quickly. The grind got repetitive and drop rates were gimped to balance the AH. With that said, Diablo 3 on console is a completely different game. With how well it works with a controller you'd think that it were originally designed for this. The use of the analog sticks makes the action more arcade like. If you liked Gauntlet Legends then you'll love D3 on PS3.

Now they just need to fix the stat system on the gear.
  69. Sep 17, 2013
    If you have played Diablo and Diablo II, you know exactly what you are getting into with this point and click combat game. Many WoW players had the opportunity to play D3 for free, myself included. For no or low cost this game is a fun game in short bursts, for full price you may feel cheated by the shallowness of the gameplay.
  70. Sep 19, 2013
    Absolutely the best hack&slash rpg ever done for console. Superbly adapted from PC game, great in game detaiils (like instant auto-stick for local coop games) easy to manage for multiplayer on-line, off-line, lan, etc. Technically perfect, this is the game that should has be done for PC from the beginning.

Playing almost with friends in local coop, this is the kind of game I waited for
    years, funny with friends with great longevity Expand
  71. Oct 13, 2013
    For polish and mechanics, this game slays Marvel Heroes, its closest competitor. But the the loot sucks and it is a game about loot.

Both companies have ulterior motives for starving you of good items.
  72. Oct 20, 2013
    The game is a major let down from is predecessors, which had a great variety in build and RPG mechanics, which was completely streamlined, for the worst. The the loot system itself is completely atrocious, making one single weapon to be more valuable than the rest of the gear combined, which is a poor loot choice. The art style is bland and generic, another major let down compared to the unique aesthetic from the originals. Don't buy this game. Expand
  73. Feb 24, 2014
    I was on the bandwagon prior to the games release I was so turned off by the real money auction house I had it in my mind I was not going to like what they did with the game. I was a Diablo player from the original all the way through to many years on D2
    Then when the hype about the game being terrible I let it set my mind about the game
    Diablo had been ruined ..well I was dead wrong
    I
    finally gave in and purchased the game to play coop with a buddy with whom I killed Diablo many times.
    The game is beautiful.. Polished and truly well made.. The first act took use around 16 hours.. Whoever said it was short.. Speed ran it or lied. I find myself writing this dead tired because the Diablo bug bit me.. Been many years since I played a game I couldn't put down but this being true to Diablo has done it again.
    The story is perfectly payed out from where D2 ended and perfect.
    Do yourself a favor and play this game
    The always on issue was never a factor to me because really I never played offline.. Diablo is a multi or coop designed game.. SP it would be fun but if that's your only gripe it's not good enough to miss out on this.
    Simply put.. I was wrong and admit it.. Happily
  74. Sep 23, 2013
    Love this game. Played countless hours of D2 back in the day and this PS3 version is a very worthy successor. Some of the inventory and skills interface can be a little cumbersome, but thats more an issue of gamepad interface limitations than a design flaw. All in all the most fun I've had on the PS3 in a long time. Great job Blizzard, you have restored my faith! For those reviewers giving this excellent game a 0/10, please guys, go get some fresh air and exercise! Expand
  75. Feb 17, 2014
    Same old garbage blizzard brought us back in the spring of 2012 for the PC. The community for multiplayer is even more nonexistent on console. Blizzard is one of the worst gaming company these days and doesn't listen to fan feedback. D3 has absolutely no relation to the previous titles. With RoS coming, blizzard has yet again revamped the entire d3 experience and it's for the worse, can you believe that? Don't waste your time on Blizzard games. Look for Dark Souls 2 coming out March 11. Expand
  76. Nov 20, 2013
    I'm not a D3 PC player. I've read enough about the epistemology of the PC version to know all of the benefits it yielded in the console release. So this review is not a compare/contrast to the PC's evolution of the game. Having said that, for the improvements made, there's some good things, and still some holes that need to be filled. I hope Blizzard's support of the PS3 version will be as tenacious as the PC version.

So, after perusing the existing reviews, it should be clear that you're either a fan of this genre, or not. Since the glory days of Baldur's Gate and Champions of Norrath, the landscape for this style RPG on the Playstation has been few are far between. D3 does as fine a job on the technical delivery as any of the best from the past. Blizzard's usual attention to details to smooth off the corners, and refine the details clearly set it apart from its $20 counterparts, such as Dungeon Hunter Alliance. Here's the rub: I'd give that gave a 6.5 or 7. I'd expect a better, more fun, total gaming experience from Blizzard.

The game IS fun. But, as other reviewers have noted, the game is just waiting for some tweak here and there to make it Blizzard-level fun. Much like an itch you can't scratch, I can't quite put my finger on it. Except for maybe the healing, which is artificially broken. Do we really need a 30 second cooldown on potion use? If it were skill based, fair enough. But propping up tougher boss battles because of limited healing feels contrived, and the great games in this genre that came before it did not have need of such a construct. D3 needs a better fix for this issue either limit the carry capacity of potions more tightly, or do away with the cooldown altogether.

Switching gears, I see the eternal debate over the auction house "cheaters" vs. the "I've got 80 hours to go on endless loot runs" folks are still waging war over proper game etiquette. Silly. Gamers span a wide range of ages and time for the game. Somewhere between the auction house of PC fame, and Loot 2.0, there's got to be a fair middle ground that lets people trade money for time if they want to without wrecking the experience. It seems that the console DLC mechanism was a completely missed opportunity. I'm not suggesting that "super legendary" weapons be created by Blizzard for sale (a' la Dead Space). A little creativity here would go a long way I don't derive joy from the grind to find a legendary drop. Perhaps an item (think infernal helm) that increases the chances that a drop will be legendary once the nephalem stack is full. I would personally be in favor of a few $2.99 downloads that would make the game more entertaining without having to play through the game 4 times, just for the thrill of playing with a fully loaded character.
  77. Sep 19, 2013
    DIablo 3 for PS3 is the best way to experience this game. But that does not make it an awesome Diablo game.

The game still struggles with linear gameplay, a ridiculous storyline, a lack of customization and roleplaying, a flawed skill system that index 100% of skill power solely to the DPS, making the game a gear check...

The lack of dim/light radius is still sorely missed, and the
    game is still an unfinished experience as it still lacks PvP (rofl at "brawling").

Still, couch co-op is one of the best things ever for the DIablo series, and the removal of Auction House and online DRM truly makes this version shine... mildly.

Worth getting if you don't have the PC version. Otherwise, they do not deserve your money.
  78. Sep 10, 2013
    my quick review of Diablo III for the PS3, 6/10

its a game thats not very good but not bad in the least. it main problem is its self. th lack any real customization outside of how you map keys and what gear you have is deplorable. also you will most likely find yourself out powering all the games content around the half way mark and will have to ramp up the difficulty incudulously to
    give yourself some challenges. oh yeah all the boss fights are trivial and boring. However that said its not impossible to find some enjoyment from this game.

This game does not deserve anything below a 4, that's just unreasonable, and giving it a 0 is ridiculous. a game deserving of a 0 has no redeeming qualities at all and can be argue is its even a game. That said this game has decent gameplay and by game play i mean the controls feel solid and the combat all though seems heavily tipped in your favor is reasonably balanced i never found my self saying "Oh that's BS!!!" The audio soundtrack is not the in my opinion isn't the best out of the genre but there are a couple of boss music i like. the story is a little over cliched but that's about all that is wrong with it.

In a nut shell Diablo III is a very video gammy game. It is not a shinning star nor is it the king of terds. However for those looking to pick this up on consoles i would wait for a price drop cause for me i didn't really feel like i got $60 worth of content; more like $40 this a decent game.
  79. Dec 10, 2013
    I bought D3 on the ps3 with the intention of receiving a new and refreshing gameplay experience but unfortunately after putting several hours in, I discovered that the game is super repetitive. D3 involves doing a lot of the same thing without having any real change and doesn't reward exploration due to the maps linear progression... but anyway you can invest in another video game that feels great and doesn't waste your time or moneys. Expand
  80. Sep 5, 2013
    Diablo III is a decent dungeon-crawler that is quite pretty,but lacks some important features such as character customisation,decent loot and worthwhile skills.Even though the game is short for an RPG,after a single playthrough,as well as trying other characters,I lost interest.A few things in its favour are the better-than-PC controls,lack of online and DRM.However,developers of games such as Dark Souls and Skyrim have nothing to worry about from a game that plays like it's from a decade ago... Expand
  81. Nov 29, 2013
    I gotta say, I'm pretty dissapointed with this game, though it's pretty entertaining (looting, killing and partying always is after all), I can't shake the feeling that the game just doesn't live up to it's reputation. I'm one of the poor bastards that never got to play the previous Diablo´s (could never afford a gaming PC), but I can sure remember crystal clear how envious I was at my friends who had the game. Diablo II seemed out of this world, graphically and gameplay wise, and for the few moments I managed to get my claws into it, it felt like I was playing something special (kind of like when I played Demon's souls for the first time). It was dark, compelling and had charisma to give away. Diablo III on the other hand, just feels OK, and like many other players have said before me, it's feels more like WOW than Diablo.

I'll be honest, for what it's worth Diablo III is very polished and entertaining, recently I also reviewed "Path of Exile", an RPG with similar elements to the Diablo franchise and very, very rough on the edges. Diablo III is of course a better product over all than PoE, then why am I givin it a 6, when I gave PoE an 8?, simple, because it was free, and because it didn't have a reputation to mantain. Blizzard is on the big leagues now, and as such, should be judged with the highest standards.

Let's begin with graphics, it just doesn't look right. The previous installments went for a more "realistic and gritty" touch, it was a staple that only a Diablo game could get away with, it was a signature. Now it's all cartoonish, with some enemies and NPCs that could very well be cast into a Looney toons show, Blizzard tasted absolute power with the WOW franchise, and hence made this game to follow that trend. It could very well be called "World of Warcraft: Demon surge" and you would get totally fooled by it

Gameplay it's functional, crisp, and very responsive, the evasion manouvre made available in the console versions is a plus, overall what you would expect from a triple AAA title. They made a pretty decent job at porting the button layout to a controller, and leveling your character into a more effective killing machine is a joy. That said, the same could be said about any other RPG or MMORPG out there, in the end the experience although functional feels dull and short sighted.

After finishing the game, the best thing I can say about Diablo III is that I had fun with it, but you can be sure it's not a game I will remember fondly when I take a look back in a couple of years, certainly will not make a dent into my top 20 or even top 30 RPGs. In the end if you want to play a Diablo game, just stick to Diablo II, I may have had half the budget, but it also had twice the heart and soul
  82. Nov 18, 2013
    I'll start by saying I have 400+ hours in the PC version. Not proud, but it's truth. I stopped playing around the time they added the extra levels after you hit 60, and was completely done when monster levels were added. I created all 5 chars, and made it to at least ACT3 Inferno with all of them(not once using the AH, and most of my hours came from grinding for loot). Character building is easy enough when you realize what attacks work well with your playstyle/character/weapons. Story is lame, and really not worth paying attention too, but the cutscenes can be cool. All in all, my experience with the PC version was love/hate and probably would rate it at 5/10.

I picked up the PS3 version for the local coop and to introduce my roommate to dungeon crawling. This game should have never been released for PC. The game is tailored for sitting on the couch, mashing buttons and laughing with your friends. It's simple enough not to have hissy fits, but challenging enough to force a little caution. Of course there are some issues with local coop,ala, being forced to stay on the same screen can be a pain when horded, but not terrible.

This is not a Diablo 2 clone, this is if WoW and Diablo2 had a baby and it was a little underdeveloped. Still fun to play with and look at, but can be a terrible let down if your expecting the same work from the D1/2 team. If you want Diablo1/2 game play and level ups, Torchlight1/2 are fantastic and done by the team that did the first two Diablos. Yes, I wish that Blizzard had left the Diablo team alone and let them finish Diablo3 the way it was meant to be done, but oh well, Blizzard sucks in that regard and there isn't crap anyone can do about it, unless we don't buy their games. That failed with me, since i now have $120 worth of Diablo 3.

All in all, a very fun party game, local coop is great.
  83. Jun 18, 2014
    Absolutely wonderful game. Playing this with 2 or more people on one console is so much fun. It's the second coming of Champions of Norrath. Buy this game now, and make sure you play on coop
  84. Oct 21, 2013
    A score of (2) is very generous for this game. If Blizzard spend half the money and time developing this game it would still be an embarrassing finished product. As it stands now it's a case study in what not to do for a sequel. They spent an enormous amount in advertising and that allowed them to make record breaking sales. But 9 out of 10 people that bought this game were majorly disappointed in it.

Read some of the other customer reviews on this site and on the Blizzard forums, they are overwhelmingly negative. Like me, If you enjoyed Diablo 2, you will probably have more fun replaying that game than playing Diablo 3. A major reason why is the AH, when a kid can just buy his way to good gear.
  85. Jan 30, 2014
    D3 has the potential to be an excellent game, but multiple issues have made it a mediocre hack-and-slash. On the good side, D3 on console fixed many issues on PC, mostly on better control: in PC version it is difficult to use ranged classes because complicated skills make kiting very difficult for new comers. D3 has good graphics and is very meticulously designed: debris and corpses on the ground are blown away when powerful spells are used, objects in the environment can be destroyed and both inside and outside of the map is crafted with details. Although skills dont diverse very well, combat in D3 is overall satisfying.
    D3 is about sacrifice. The world of sanctuary was a peaceful place, until the demons came for the annihilation of mankind. In prolonged war lives are lost, and nations shatter from within. D3 shows all these in an explicit manner, and u will sigh as u see what kind of sufferance mankind is going through. As a result u really are made to hate those demons; u will want to slaughter every one of them who dare setting foot on ur land, and u will. Dialogues and characters are fairly well designed and u will find urself caring about the world of sanctuary and the people around u.
    But there are a lot of issues as well. First of all get this: D3 is a 10 hour game (15 max) and each part (act) is detached meaning u cant visit locations in the previous act after u have finished it, unless by replaying previous quests in the main menu. that is just lazy on bllizaard's side since this is a game that is played and replayed over and over again and we need more than just running through the same story over and over again. Side missions are nearly non existent: there are maybe 10 side quests in the whole game, all of them hidden somewhere in some map ull probably never get to.
    Skills in D3 are badly designed and are sometimes outright ridiculous. As ur level progresses u dont unlock more powerful spells. Seriously many spells that are unlocked in later levels are garbage, such as consuming all ur resource in a not-so-powerful attack that deals maybe 5% more dmg than a basic spell that costs nothing. Skills can be augmented with runes, but many of them are just useless. (eg increases duration from 6 to 7)
    Also in my case, the co-op doesnt fuking work! I turned my IP address to static and forward some 5 ports to fix it but before that its just infinite loading screen for me.
    Since its a hack-and-slash u will be looting a lot but its all for nothing: u dont get special effects from good gears like in borderlands or monster hunter (not useful ones anyway) but they just has the potential to have better stats than less rare gears--by that I mean non-legendaries are often more powerful than legendaries. (I got more excitement from getting good gears in bioshock infinite than i did in this game) Also since u can only travel within ur act and there is no side quests why would anyone want to jump into the looting grinder at all? Infact, I'll stop right now!
    Just gimme a sec with this key warden...
  86. Mar 23, 2014
    The PS3 version of the game fix all the problem that the PC version had. You can play offline, you can do couch coop, there is no Auction House and legendary are dropping a lots. I had a blast playing through the game again with my friends.
  87. Nov 4, 2013
    greatest game ever created in the history of the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  88. May 1, 2014
    Never played Diablo 2, but I am aware of what it is and how much it means to people. Honestly, I dig loot, crafting and leveling up just as much as the next guy, but this game is not nearly fun enough to get as p*ssed off as people do about it. This is a game I throw in when I want to space out and not think for awhile waiting for Dark Souls 2 to come down in price. People held their breath 10 years for this? Expand
  89. Nov 13, 2013
    If you were hoping for something similar to Diablo 2, you will be very disappointed. This game has been dumbed down so that anyone can play it. You can no longer ruin a character or create a monster by adding to the right or wrong stats/skills. It is still fun to play, but all the sets are now crafted by the blacksmith which means what sets you have now depend on your play time. Overall, I wish they brought Diablo 2 to the PS3 Expand
  90. Oct 29, 2013
    12 years on and Blizzard is still only able to take a step in the wrong direction.

Perhaps it could be said Diablo 3 is so bad because Diablo 2 was so good, but it seems so much effort was put into recreating a "new" and easy to play version of Diablo 3, that the developers lost sight of what really matters for video gaming, fun.

The writing and the story are absolutely terrible, the
    loot was poorly designed, the procedural generation has too many static elements for fun variation, the boss fights aren't particularly exciting, and the advancement skill gap at higher levels is stupidly unbalanced and made the actual viable class/skill choices terribly narrow.

The RMAH ended up not working for them at all, except for the reasonable amount of money it made Blizzard with huge fees. Honestly it was decently fun to use and I'm sure some people farmed, or bought all their items. And maybe the RMAH Gold Hall were used more than was intended, but honestly, trading was always a big part of original Diablo because there were actually items worth getting and things worth crafting.

Now even that's going away. Instead of taking the time to remove a feature, maybe take some more time to make an actual game. 12 years obviously wasn't enough.
  91. Sep 24, 2013
    I dont understand why there is so much hate on Diablo for PS3. It's actually my fafourite H'n'S game on console. Gameplay is perfect, voice actiong is amaizing, graphic is very good. And in my opinion PS3 version is much better than PC one.
  92. Oct 1, 2013
    Absolute rubbish. I just played the demo and boy am I glad I didn't part with any money for this crap. It's like something from the early 90's. When you think of how far games have progressed you wonder how anyone could make this sort of thing with a straight face. It has to be a put on, surely.
  93. Oct 13, 2013
    I've been enjoying this game as much as if not more than any other game I've played on the PS3. It is an absolute blast. Those who have played previous Diablo's may not enjoy many pf the gameplay changes and those who do not like replaying campaigns may find it too short, but the game offers some very compelling combat and what can be infinite content if viewed in the right way. The graphics aren't nearly as sharp as the PC version (as no console graphics are anymore), but they are still richly colored and generally impressive. The spell effects are vibrant and satisfying. The ramped up legendary drop rate makes the already fun combat system addictive and rewarding. Honestly, I do not see any justification for scores as low as others have given this game. It may not be high on everyone's list, but there isn't enough for these reviewers to legitimize their scores. Expand
  94. Nov 20, 2013
    I played Diablo 2 like 5 years ago (not that much). I never found something really special about it, and dropped it right away. But I always wished to enjoy this kind of game as everybody else. When I heard Diablo 3 was coming to PC I decided to wait. Well, I just bought the game for my PS3, and played it with my girlfriend. and it was GREAT !! I never thought it'd be as fun as it's being playing along with someone else.

We've being playing for like 10 hours, and invested one weekend into this. Totally worth it.
  95. Sep 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The controller and the drops are definitely better, this game were suitably designed for console rather than PC as both has 4 players maximum capacity for a game and 6 skills button mapping are perfect for it, not wondering why the developer even testing this game in the console controller when it's under development for PC.

Although all of the improvement is definitely bring the plus for console version, the depth of the game itself is still shallow. After the normal mode has been beaten, there is no other point of the game rather than restarting the game with higher difficulty with mostly same monster with randomized small variety of affixes that is rather frustrating than challenging. The story itself is nothing good, especially for the character treatment (Azmodan repeated "So you managed to destroying my plan, so there is my another plan" line is the best example, also Deckard Cain death is highly disappointing.). About the in-game graphic, low polygon model make this game feel decent compared to the nowaday AAA games, though the animation is pretty well done.

this game is definitely for everyone who is looking for a good 4 players style gauntlet game. The replay ability might be cool enough as it's fun to be played on multiplayer, but lack of variation between each act and amount of features might lead the replaying became duller and duller. For AAA priced games, the good amount of consideration to get this game must be done.
  96. Sep 25, 2013
    Its good but not great I feel DIablo 2 is much better. I don't have much to say about this game. The graphics of the game are well improved. The storyline nice, but not nice as Diablo 2. The power effects are also repaired and programmed well. I only can see a few glitches. The connection and the feeling of playing it on a PS3 is massive. Overall in my opinion, Diablo 3 is much better in the PS3 if compared to the PC. Expand
  97. Oct 8, 2013
    Im not a fan of this kind of game, i try to buy one on ps3, and first time playing diablo series, and then, im not happy, the game is so boring that could make me sleep while im playing, but im amazed in the graphics, it is as almost the same as on pc, but overall i dont want to play this by now, i should better this off at shelves
  98. Oct 10, 2013
    I bought a Macbook Pro and made sure that it was good enough to run Diablo 3 on the highest settings. I am not a PC gamer and never have been, but Diablo style hack and slash RPG's are one of my favorite genre's. With all that said, I played about 25 hrs. on my Mac and while fun, it just didn't hook me like I thought it would. Now, I have it on PS3 and can see the difference immediately. The loot system is infinitely better and I just enjoy console gaming much, much more. I applaud Blizzard for not just putting Diablo 3 on consoles, but taking the time to do it right. This is an amazing game that can suck up hours upon hours of your life. Expand
  99. Oct 12, 2013
    The fun factor in this game is through the roof. This is the best hack and slash game I have ever played. I have had a great time playing this game, on ps3. Its smooth, the controls are good. I have had no errors at all. I would recommend this game to Diablo fans and people new to diablo as well. The only downfall to this game is that it gets boring after awhile., but there is tons to do before it does. I would give it a 10 out of 10 if wasn't so linear and had a more open world. It still gets a solid 9 or even a 9.5 in my book. I am very picky when it comes to games, but this is one I would recommend to all. But get the console version I heard the PC one sucks. This game reminds me of the old arcade beat em up games, but its the very best one ever made! great job blizzard, you have actually improved diablo with each sequel. Expand
  100. Oct 14, 2013
    I've bought game just after checking Demo version. I was impressed by nice graphics and design of world, very nice controls and smoothness of game-play. I cannot say that I am Diablo series fan but Ive been playing this franchise since Diablo I Have to say that Diablo II was disappointment for me in therms of storytelling when first Act had good gloomy feeling but rest was pure laugh especially in Spider Forest where I had to fight with tiny and cute little pygmy:P With Diablo III i have the same feelings as in Diablo II but much better controls, smoother action and much more stupid story and dialogue lines. Almost every genius spawn of script writer made me blush( what would my neighbour say listening to that cra* thanks God we can interrupt cutscenes/dialogues and move into pure action. It remind me Gauntlet times, dungeon crawling games from Arcades! And that's true power of DIII Pure fun from being overpowered, crushing hundreds of enemies by lightnings, red beams, magic balls, slowing them down its game for old casual gamers which are over 30 years old (pls skip dialogues;) and need pure entertainment not punishment aka DarkSouls;)
    This game is Pure Fun

1. Dec 12, 2013
    When Diablo III enters the living room some things are worse, but for the most part things are better. Controlling your character with the gamepad is effortless and dungeon raiding with four players in co-op is a an amazing experience. It feels a little odd to say, but Diablo's true home is on your TV.
  2. Oct 11, 2013
    Blizzard has accomplished the unthinkable and made Diablo III on consoles the better game, without server- and connection-issues, without an auction-house and with superior gameplay. It's open season for loot-hunters. Again.
  3. Oct 3, 2013
    Dialo III feels more at home on console than it did on PC, but not in the least bit "dumbed down." [Nov 2013, p.56]