6.3

1. Sep 17, 2013
    If you have played Diablo and Diablo II, you know exactly what you are getting into with this point and click combat game. Many WoW players had the opportunity to play D3 for free, myself included. For no or low cost this game is a fun game in short bursts, for full price you may feel cheated by the shallowness of the gameplay.
  2. Sep 17, 2013
    This game had some bad changes since D2, now your character are the same, you don't have a status tree to make him unique, the lack of customization of builds is the worst, the game punishes you if you try to play with a different tactic, your items are the most important aspect, if your items are bad you are nothing, your character doesn't make the difference only your weapon makes.
  3. Sep 19, 2013
    DIablo 3 for PS3 is the best way to experience this game. But that does not make it an awesome Diablo game.

The game still struggles with linear gameplay, a ridiculous storyline, a lack of customization and roleplaying, a flawed skill system that index 100% of skill power solely to the DPS, making the game a gear check... The lack of dim/light radius is still sorely missed, and the

The lack of dim/light radius is still sorely missed, and the game is still an unfinished experience as it still lacks PvP (rofl at "brawling").

Still, couch co-op is one of the best things ever for the DIablo series, and the removal of Auction House and online DRM truly makes this version shine... mildly.

Worth getting if you don't have the PC version. Otherwise, they do not deserve your money.
  4. Sep 10, 2013
    my quick review of Diablo III for the PS3, 6/10

my quick review of Diablo III for the PS3, 6/10

its a game thats not very good but not bad in the least. it main problem is its self. th lack any real customization outside of how you map keys and what gear you have is deplorable. also you will most likely find yourself out powering all the games content around the half way mark and will have to ramp up the difficulty incudulously to give yourself some challenges. oh yeah all the boss fights are trivial and boring. However that said its not impossible to find some enjoyment from this game.

This game does not deserve anything below a 4, that's just unreasonable, and giving it a 0 is ridiculous. a game deserving of a 0 has no redeeming qualities at all and can be argue is its even a game. That said this game has decent gameplay and by game play i mean the controls feel solid and the combat all though seems heavily tipped in your favor is reasonably balanced i never found my self saying "Oh that's BS!!!" The audio soundtrack is not the in my opinion isn't the best out of the genre but there are a couple of boss music i like. the story is a little over cliched but that's about all that is wrong with it.

In a nut shell Diablo III is a very video gammy game. It is not a shinning star nor is it the king of terds. However for those looking to pick this up on consoles i would wait for a price drop cause for me i didn't really feel like i got $60 worth of content; more like $40 this a decent game.
  5. Sep 4, 2013
    Diablo 3 on console is what Diablo 3 should have been on the PC. There's no auction house and the item drops are appropriate for a character's level. Combat with melee characters is quite satisfying, but using a ranged character takes some practice.

Co-op play online can be laggy, but this is an issue that will likely sort itself out as the number of concurrent players stabilizes. Local play is immensely fun as it's easy to coordinate attacks, share loot and plan the next adventure. The screen can be slightly crowded at times, but it doesn't detract from the fun.

Unfortunately, having this playable game on the console just reminds me of how Blizzard treated its core audience when the game was originally released. Blizzard monetized the fun of trading by installing the auction house and then forced players to the auction house by making sure the loot drops were poor and ill suited for characters as they progressed from levels 1-60.

I've now paid for this game twice and feel that I'm finally getting the experience I initially wanted. Too bad it's 18 months too late. Having played the PC version repeatedly, I will likely trade away my console version for another game soon.
  6. Sep 4, 2013
    Having played the PC version I can't say that this version is neither better or worse, it's simply different.

There are some improvements, mostly relating to loot, that definitely have a positive impact on gameplay. The controls feel clunky at first but after a few minutes I was more than comfortable with them. The graphics aren't anything to write home about, they're probably on par with the mid-level settings on the PC version. The draw there of course is that you're more than likely playing on a big TV rather than a monitor, but that's personal preference really. I did notice some frame rate hitches as well, which surprised me as the game isn't very graphically taxing.

The biggest let down for myself would have to be the UI. While the console UI is functional, coming from the PC it just doesn't feel as well organized. The drag and drop nature of the PC allows for a much more visually pleasing UI layout then the list based console version.

At the end of the day it's a decent port of a solid PC game. Things were generally well thought out and the balance changes to loot are a big plus (these are coming in a patch to PC). It really comes down to two things: 1. Are you a fan of the direction Diablo 3 took from Diablo 2? If you say no to that question, then there's nothing here that's going to change your mind. The story is the same, the classes are the same, etc, etc. 2. Do you want to play on your couch with a controller, or in your computer chair with a keyboard and mouse?

In regards to the RMAH and always online requirements for the PC; while I can see why not having to connect to the internet can be nice for a variety of reasons, I don't personally see it as a make or break problem. That being said, I do find it nice that I never have to worry about the occasional lag spike on the console version. As for the RMAH, if you found it too tempting on PC, then maybe the console version is for you. I was personally able to put it out of my head that it even existed on PC and earned all my gear.
  7. Sep 5, 2013
    HERE IS AN HONEST REVIEW. This game is not as bad as the negative reviews say but it's not as good as the critics claim either. This is a game that is WAY better if you play with a friend, if you play solo it gets pretty boring and tedious. THE BAD: there is a few bad things with this game such as its not fun to play solo. Also the story is hard to keep up with, no matter how much myHERE IS AN HONEST REVIEW. This game is not as bad as the negative reviews say but it's not as good as the critics claim either. This is a game that is WAY better if you play with a friend, if you play solo it gets pretty boring and tedious. THE BAD: there is a few bad things with this game such as its not fun to play solo. Also the story is hard to keep up with, no matter how much my friend and I tried to pay attention it got confusing. Another Con is that the combat got very repetitive, they try to make a lot of fun combinations but the combat gameplay itself is very repeating. This last problem I had was there wasn't much customization for character gear, it wasn't THAT bad but there definitely could have been more/better gear. THE GOOD: This game is very fun to play with a friend, sharing gear and having each others back is a fun part of the game, like I said before the gameplay does get repetitive but there are still some very fun boss fights and battles. My friend and I played the story till the end and while it got confusing it was still cool to see the cutscenes, and with some help from Wikipedia we were able to keep up with the story and thoroughly enjoyed it. The last good part is that it's a new experience, especially for console players. I've never played a game like it and the overall game was new.

To sum it up, my friend is a casual gamer and I'm a hardcore gamer. For him this game was awesome and he praised it, for me it was fun but was missing any Pah-zazz that made the game stand out. I mostly liked it because it was something new for me but it was by no means a superb game. If you're debating on getting this game then I would recommend it, as long as you have a buddy to play with.
  8. Sep 5, 2013
    Diablo III is a decent dungeon-crawler that is quite pretty,but lacks some important features such as character customisation,decent loot and worthwhile skills.Even though the game is short for an RPG,after a single playthrough,as well as trying other characters,I lost interest.A few things in its favour are the better-than-PC controls,lack of online and DRM.However,developers of gamesDiablo III is a decent dungeon-crawler that is quite pretty,but lacks some important features such as character customisation,decent loot and worthwhile skills.Even though the game is short for an RPG,after a single playthrough,as well as trying other characters,I lost interest.A few things in its favour are the better-than-PC controls,lack of online and DRM.However,developers of games such as Dark Souls and Skyrim have nothing to worry about from a game that plays like it's from a decade ago... Expand
  9. Sep 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The controller and the drops are definitely better, this game were suitably designed for console rather than PC as both has 4 players maximum capacity for a game and 6 skills button mapping are perfect for it, not wondering why the developer even testing this game in the console controller when it's under development for PC.

Although all of the improvement is definitely bring the plus for console version, the depth of the game itself is still shallow. After the normal mode has been beaten, there is no other point of the game rather than restarting the game with higher difficulty with mostly same monster with randomized small variety of affixes that is rather frustrating than challenging. The story itself is nothing good, especially for the character treatment (Azmodan repeated "So you managed to destroying my plan, so there is my another plan" line is the best example, also Deckard Cain death is highly disappointing.). About the in-game graphic, low polygon model make this game feel decent compared to the nowaday AAA games, though the animation is pretty well done.

this game is definitely for everyone who is looking for a good 4 players style gauntlet game. The replay ability might be cool enough as it's fun to be played on multiplayer, but lack of variation between each act and amount of features might lead the replaying became duller and duller. For AAA priced games, the good amount of consideration to get this game must be done.
  10. Nov 29, 2013
    I gotta say, I'm pretty dissapointed with this game, though it's pretty entertaining (looting, killing and partying always is after all), I can't shake the feeling that the game just doesn't live up to it's reputation. I'm one of the poor bastards that never got to play the previous Diablo´s (could never afford a gaming PC), but I can sure remember crystal clear how envious I was at myI gotta say, I'm pretty dissapointed with this game, though it's pretty entertaining (looting, killing and partying always is after all), I can't shake the feeling that the game just doesn't live up to it's reputation. I'm one of the poor bastards that never got to play the previous Diablo´s (could never afford a gaming PC), but I can sure remember crystal clear how envious I was at my friends who had the game. Diablo II seemed out of this world, graphically and gameplay wise, and for the few moments I managed to get my claws into it, it felt like I was playing something special (kind of like when I played Demon's souls for the first time). It was dark, compelling and had charisma to give away. Diablo III on the other hand, just feels OK, and like many other players have said before me, it's feels more like WOW than Diablo.

I'll be honest, for what it's worth Diablo III is very polished and entertaining, recently I also reviewed "Path of Exile", an RPG with similar elements to the Diablo franchise and very, very rough on the edges. Diablo III is of course a better product over all than PoE, then why am I givin it a 6, when I gave PoE an 8?, simple, because it was free, and because it didn't have a reputation to mantain. Blizzard is on the big leagues now, and as such, should be judged with the highest standards.

Let's begin with graphics, it just doesn't look right. The previous installments went for a more "realistic and gritty" touch, it was a staple that only a Diablo game could get away with, it was a signature. Now it's all cartoonish, with some enemies and NPCs that could very well be cast into a Looney toons show, Blizzard tasted absolute power with the WOW franchise, and hence made this game to follow that trend. It could very well be called "World of Warcraft: Demon surge" and you would get totally fooled by it

Gameplay it's functional, crisp, and very responsive, the evasion manouvre made available in the console versions is a plus, overall what you would expect from a triple AAA title. They made a pretty decent job at porting the button layout to a controller, and leveling your character into a more effective killing machine is a joy. That said, the same could be said about any other RPG or MMORPG out there, in the end the experience although functional feels dull and short sighted.

After finishing the game, the best thing I can say about Diablo III is that I had fun with it, but you can be sure it's not a game I will remember fondly when I take a look back in a couple of years, certainly will not make a dent into my top 20 or even top 30 RPGs. In the end if you want to play a Diablo game, just stick to Diablo II, I may have had half the budget, but it also had twice the heart and soul
  11. Nov 18, 2013
    I'll start by saying I have 400+ hours in the PC version. Not proud, but it's truth. I stopped playing around the time they added the extra levels after you hit 60, and was completely done when monster levels were added. I created all 5 chars, and made it to at least ACT3 Inferno with all of them(not once using the AH, and most of my hours came from grinding for loot). CharacterI'll start by saying I have 400+ hours in the PC version. Not proud, but it's truth. I stopped playing around the time they added the extra levels after you hit 60, and was completely done when monster levels were added. I created all 5 chars, and made it to at least ACT3 Inferno with all of them(not once using the AH, and most of my hours came from grinding for loot). Character building is easy enough when you realize what attacks work well with your playstyle/character/weapons. Story is lame, and really not worth paying attention too, but the cutscenes can be cool. All in all, my experience with the PC version was love/hate and probably would rate it at 5/10.

I picked up the PS3 version for the local coop and to introduce my roommate to dungeon crawling. This game should have never been released for PC. The game is tailored for sitting on the couch, mashing buttons and laughing with your friends. It's simple enough not to have hissy fits, but challenging enough to force a little caution. Of course there are some issues with local coop,ala, being forced to stay on the same screen can be a pain when horded, but not terrible.

This is not a Diablo 2 clone, this is if WoW and Diablo2 had a baby and it was a little underdeveloped. Still fun to play with and look at, but can be a terrible let down if your expecting the same work from the D1/2 team. If you want Diablo1/2 game play and level ups, Torchlight1/2 are fantastic and done by the team that did the first two Diablos. Yes, I wish that Blizzard had left the Diablo team alone and let them finish Diablo3 the way it was meant to be done, but oh well, Blizzard sucks in that regard and there isn't crap anyone can do about it, unless we don't buy their games. That failed with me, since i now have $120 worth of Diablo 3.

All in all, a very fun party game, local coop is great.
  12. May 12, 2015
    Very hard game to review. I was addicted like crazy during the first two acts, and then came the realization that this game has no challenge whatsoever. It totally kills the whole loot and level up gameplay when there is nothing to grind for. Why grind, when you can bash a button and kill everything in sight? I mean this isn't a bad game by any means, its a good game for what it is; butVery hard game to review. I was addicted like crazy during the first two acts, and then came the realization that this game has no challenge whatsoever. It totally kills the whole loot and level up gameplay when there is nothing to grind for. Why grind, when you can bash a button and kill everything in sight? I mean this isn't a bad game by any means, its a good game for what it is; but it could've been so much better. Having more challenging bosses, more interesting loot ( just because you put a random name on something doesn't make it interesting), more engaging missions, etc. For me I want to liken this game to borderlands, just that its a step below in those regards. It does have fast and addicting gameplay but once the shininess wears off, you really see how repetitive it is. Bottomline, this is an ok game for me, not a game I'll run out the door to get, but will get it on the cheap, because it can provide hours and hours of fun if you dig this kind of grind, but if you want a diverse game with a great challenge, you'll probably won't enjoy it as much. Expand
  13. Jan 30, 2014
    D3 has the potential to be an excellent game, but multiple issues have made it a mediocre hack-and-slash. On the good side, D3 on console fixed many issues on PC, mostly on better control: in PC version it is difficult to use ranged classes because complicated skills make kiting very difficult for new comers. D3 has good graphics and is very meticulously designed: debris and corpses on theD3 has the potential to be an excellent game, but multiple issues have made it a mediocre hack-and-slash. On the good side, D3 on console fixed many issues on PC, mostly on better control: in PC version it is difficult to use ranged classes because complicated skills make kiting very difficult for new comers. D3 has good graphics and is very meticulously designed: debris and corpses on the ground are blown away when powerful spells are used, objects in the environment can be destroyed and both inside and outside of the map is crafted with details. Although skills dont diverse very well, combat in D3 is overall satisfying.
    D3 is about sacrifice. The world of sanctuary was a peaceful place, until the demons came for the annihilation of mankind. In prolonged war lives are lost, and nations shatter from within. D3 shows all these in an explicit manner, and u will sigh as u see what kind of sufferance mankind is going through. As a result u really are made to hate those demons; u will want to slaughter every one of them who dare setting foot on ur land, and u will. Dialogues and characters are fairly well designed and u will find urself caring about the world of sanctuary and the people around u.
    But there are a lot of issues as well. First of all get this: D3 is a 10 hour game (15 max) and each part (act) is detached meaning u cant visit locations in the previous act after u have finished it, unless by replaying previous quests in the main menu. that is just lazy on bllizaard's side since this is a game that is played and replayed over and over again and we need more than just running through the same story over and over again. Side missions are nearly non existent: there are maybe 10 side quests in the whole game, all of them hidden somewhere in some map ull probably never get to.
    Skills in D3 are badly designed and are sometimes outright ridiculous. As ur level progresses u dont unlock more powerful spells. Seriously many spells that are unlocked in later levels are garbage, such as consuming all ur resource in a not-so-powerful attack that deals maybe 5% more dmg than a basic spell that costs nothing. Skills can be augmented with runes, but many of them are just useless. (eg increases duration from 6 to 7)
    Also in my case, the co-op doesnt fuking work! I turned my IP address to static and forward some 5 ports to fix it but before that its just infinite loading screen for me.
    Since its a hack-and-slash u will be looting a lot but its all for nothing: u dont get special effects from good gears like in borderlands or monster hunter (not useful ones anyway) but they just has the potential to have better stats than less rare gears--by that I mean non-legendaries are often more powerful than legendaries. (I got more excitement from getting good gears in bioshock infinite than i did in this game) Also since u can only travel within ur act and there is no side quests why would anyone want to jump into the looting grinder at all? Infact, I'll stop right now!
    Just gimme a sec with this key warden...
  14. May 1, 2014
    Never played Diablo 2, but I am aware of what it is and how much it means to people. Honestly, I dig loot, crafting and leveling up just as much as the next guy, but this game is not nearly fun enough to get as p*ssed off as people do about it. This is a game I throw in when I want to space out and not think for awhile waiting for Dark Souls 2 to come down in price. People held theirNever played Diablo 2, but I am aware of what it is and how much it means to people. Honestly, I dig loot, crafting and leveling up just as much as the next guy, but this game is not nearly fun enough to get as p*ssed off as people do about it. This is a game I throw in when I want to space out and not think for awhile waiting for Dark Souls 2 to come down in price. People held their breath 10 years for this? Expand
  15. Nov 13, 2013
    If you were hoping for something similar to Diablo 2, you will be very disappointed. This game has been dumbed down so that anyone can play it. You can no longer ruin a character or create a monster by adding to the right or wrong stats/skills. It is still fun to play, but all the sets are now crafted by the blacksmith which means what sets you have now depend on your play time.If you were hoping for something similar to Diablo 2, you will be very disappointed. This game has been dumbed down so that anyone can play it. You can no longer ruin a character or create a monster by adding to the right or wrong stats/skills. It is still fun to play, but all the sets are now crafted by the blacksmith which means what sets you have now depend on your play time. Overall, I wish they brought Diablo 2 to the PS3 Expand
  16. Oct 8, 2013
    Im not a fan of this kind of game, i try to buy one on ps3, and first time playing diablo series, and then, im not happy, the game is so boring that could make me sleep while im playing, but im amazed in the graphics, it is as almost the same as on pc, but overall i dont want to play this by now, i should better this off at shelves
  17. Nov 10, 2013
    Great design, it trasnferred from Pc over to Ps3 very well. The button lay out is great, easy to use. My only complaint is it doesnt last long.. You beat it the first time, then play through the same game, on a harder difficulty, getting better versions of the same items. Then you beat it again, and play again through a harder difficulty, which again, has the same items, with a lil bitGreat design, it trasnferred from Pc over to Ps3 very well. The button lay out is great, easy to use. My only complaint is it doesnt last long.. You beat it the first time, then play through the same game, on a harder difficulty, getting better versions of the same items. Then you beat it again, and play again through a harder difficulty, which again, has the same items, with a lil bit better stats. Expand
  18. Feb 9, 2014
    i find it quite boring, the story isnt interesting, i dislike the design, espacially act 2 *Yuck* and the bosses. the game has some design flaws and i dont like it's genre that much, but there are still some other games within this genre which i like more then this one
  19. Mar 20, 2014
    Good "mind OFF" action GDR game on consolle. Is terrible that we continue to have two different game compared about PC version. Main difect is that every game of this kind have an endless ending with maps or something else, here you have to pay the DLC 40$ to make your game less annoying.
    At the end is a good game (i give 6 to 10 for a few ours of fun and good story) do do only one time or two.
    BUT a game made ONLY for profit.. If you search a deeper experience try Path of Exile for FREE
  20. Apr 5, 2014
    The game has it's ups and down but it is still fun and addictive. The co-op is great to play with friends, story is good, multiplayer is decent and there are not problems that have occurred to me as I played Diablo 3. It could be better but it is decent and if you are a person that don't have high expectation when it comes to having fun, Diablo 3 is one of those game just to enjoy, withThe game has it's ups and down but it is still fun and addictive. The co-op is great to play with friends, story is good, multiplayer is decent and there are not problems that have occurred to me as I played Diablo 3. It could be better but it is decent and if you are a person that don't have high expectation when it comes to having fun, Diablo 3 is one of those game just to enjoy, with friends or just by yourself. Expand
  21. Aug 18, 2014
    Blizzard has taken so much that made Diablo 2 lod fantastic away that Diablo 3 is not worthy of being referred to as a sequel (probably because the people who made Diablo 2 left Blizzard to form runic games).
    The complex skill tree system, that forced you to make choices has been replaced with "you gained a level you get this skill" Stats are structured to make sure you don't have to think. Barbarians only care about strength, wizards only intelligence, monks dexterity. In D2 items used to add bonuses to skills or armor socketed with the right runes could give you special abilities (like being able to teleport regardless of your class). In D3 the game is nothing more than a grinding dps race. The ray of sunshine that breathes life into a game so phoned in and repetitive they had to include 4 playthroughs is Hardcore mode. Hardcore mode is the same game, but you only have one life. This adds tension unlike most games out there. This forces you to strategist so you don't loose your one and only life. You might sacrifice dome dps for more vitality or dodge chance. You will utilize more defensive spells and the game becomes about surviving rather than killing everything so fast that all the monsters and scenery blend together. The most difficult part of HC mode is not getting complacent clearing the same dungeons for the 3rd time and dying because you made a stupid mistake (that's how I lost my lvl 57 wizard). To sum it up abandon your expectations don't expect much and you may enjoy this game.
  22. Jan 10, 2015
    I know this game has been out for a long time, but i feel the need to say my opinion.

The game to me, is not that bad, yes its a bit repetitive, and yes the graphics propably arent the best, but it really dont deserve 0-1-2 and 3, there is more in this game. There is a few things, i dont agree with in the user complains. First it is the loot. People complain alot about that. Honestly

First it is the loot. People complain alot about that. Honestly i dont see a problem with it, when i get some new loot in the game, legendary or rare, it makes me go in and look, and really makes me think, which of these fits my character best, do i want more in magic, health, or strength. I like that it is not just a game, where you get a legendary armer, and suddenly you cant get anything better than that. Sometimes you get rare items, that is even better than the rare, but it is up to you, and how you wanna buildt your character to choose if it is better or not. All the complains about the loot, is wrong if you ask me. I feel that people also get angry, that the game dont give good enough loot, just because there on hard difficulty, i dont know about that, i only played on normal.

Next we got the gameplay and the story. Look the game aint that bad, we got 6 or 7 characters, they all work diffrently, and i found them interesseting, eccept from the witch doctor, he really sucks balls. He is just stupid, and i should never have been in the game.
    But i find the story interesseting enough, and its a story i would like to play agin.
    The skill tree is much easier now, its not as difficult to master as it was ind the last game, where ind my opinion you had way too many to choose from. Yes in the end it falls a little short, and all the characters look the same when you replay them, but you dont have to play the same character the second time, there is 7 of them, try another one.

I completed the game with the barbarian, and it was cool enough, the story was nice, and it was certanly better than in the last game, where the story was more or less not there, the cutcenes in this game actually refers to you, so you know you are part of it, you didnt feel that in the last one.

Replay value well... Start over with a new character, and the game falls apart inside the first 5 minutes. Why the first five minutes, because thats how long it takes you, to figure out, that all your progres with your last character, all the gold and stuff in the chest, is transportet with you to the new character. Wheres the challenge in it then. Theres no fun in that for people like me, who never plays online. That is why my review gets a 5/10. The first playtrough is good, and it deserves a 7/10.
    But as soon as you replay the game, the score falls, if you like to start over, everything is translated to the new character, and that gives the game zero replay value for people like me, who likes a challenge. Had it been the same character, it would have been completely okay, but a new one, that is unforgiving and stupid. So replay the game, and it falls to a 4/10, because there is no option to turn that off. Maybe if i delete my last character, but that just make if much less funny. So 7 on the first playtrough, and 4 on the other, so its gets a 5/10. Its average because the games lifetime is ruined, beacuse of that stupid mistake, you may think its okay, but i who wants a challenge when i start over, i dont want to be given 1k when i start. The game is good enough, but as sson as you complete it, it is ruined because you dont wanna delete the character you went trough hell with.

The DLC okay, the DLC is good enough to pick up, if you find it at a good price. I really hate all this DLC crap, just stop it and include it in the game for gods sake, they only do it to earn more money and i hate it, its getting out of control.

So the game is a 5/10 average, good first play, really bad second play.

1. Dec 12, 2013
    When Diablo III enters the living room some things are worse, but for the most part things are better. Controlling your character with the gamepad is effortless and dungeon raiding with four players in co-op is a an amazing experience. It feels a little odd to say, but Diablo's true home is on your TV.
  2. Oct 11, 2013
    Blizzard has accomplished the unthinkable and made Diablo III on consoles the better game, without server- and connection-issues, without an auction-house and with superior gameplay. It's open season for loot-hunters. Again.
  3. Oct 3, 2013
    Dialo III feels more at home on console than it did on PC, but not in the least bit "dumbed down." [Nov 2013, p.56]