Diablo III PlayStation 3

6.4

1. Jan 9, 2014
    I didn't feel excited or amazed one single time during the campaign. Once finished after ~17 hours, I replayed a few bosses with some kid and had a bit more fun that way. But still, I had seen every element in other games/movies/comics. The last act could have been awesome, but I just saw it as a different background image to the same button-mashing. It loads quickly, and the half dozenI didn't feel excited or amazed one single time during the campaign. Once finished after ~17 hours, I replayed a few bosses with some kid and had a bit more fun that way. But still, I had seen every element in other games/movies/comics. The last act could have been awesome, but I just saw it as a different background image to the same button-mashing. It loads quickly, and the half dozen cutscenes amazed me a bit. There were zero puzzles, and I didn't get a feeling of mystique or anything really. It tries to be Dark Souls some places, but it didn't immerse me. I don't want to play the game again, and I don't care about it. The voice-acting costs a point since I could hear the actors in the studio rather than characters on an epic quest. The child merchant sounded like a adult, who of course did the voicing. If there had been a couple of puzzles and more epic multiplayer (30 people and insane difficulty etc) and it had made it easier to jump into various online modes, I would have given it a slightly positive review. Expand
  2. Oct 2, 2013
    It makes no sense whatsoever to give this a terrible score. It is easily the best dungeon crawler on consoles. What else do you want? The game does what it is supposed to do. Is it possible that you're just jaded by the pc version?
  3. May 12, 2015
    Very hard game to review. I was addicted like crazy during the first two acts, and then came the realization that this game has no challenge whatsoever. It totally kills the whole loot and level up gameplay when there is nothing to grind for. Why grind, when you can bash a button and kill everything in sight? I mean this isn't a bad game by any means, its a good game for what it is; butVery hard game to review. I was addicted like crazy during the first two acts, and then came the realization that this game has no challenge whatsoever. It totally kills the whole loot and level up gameplay when there is nothing to grind for. Why grind, when you can bash a button and kill everything in sight? I mean this isn't a bad game by any means, its a good game for what it is; but it could've been so much better. Having more challenging bosses, more interesting loot ( just because you put a random name on something doesn't make it interesting), more engaging missions, etc. For me I want to liken this game to borderlands, just that its a step below in those regards. It does have fast and addicting gameplay but once the shininess wears off, you really see how repetitive it is. Bottomline, this is an ok game for me, not a game I'll run out the door to get, but will get it on the cheap, because it can provide hours and hours of fun if you dig this kind of grind, but if you want a diverse game with a great challenge, you'll probably won't enjoy it as much. Expand
  4. Sep 5, 2013
    Diablo III is a decent dungeon-crawler that is quite pretty,but lacks some important features such as character customisation,decent loot and worthwhile skills.Even though the game is short for an RPG,after a single playthrough,as well as trying other characters,I lost interest.A few things in its favour are the better-than-PC controls,lack of online and DRM.However,developers of gamesDiablo III is a decent dungeon-crawler that is quite pretty,but lacks some important features such as character customisation,decent loot and worthwhile skills.Even though the game is short for an RPG,after a single playthrough,as well as trying other characters,I lost interest.A few things in its favour are the better-than-PC controls,lack of online and DRM.However,developers of games such as Dark Souls and Skyrim have nothing to worry about from a game that plays like it's from a decade ago... Expand
  5. ERB
    Sep 3, 2013
    At least this game has improve much better than the PC version of this game.And what important about this game is that you no longer need to connect online.I mean that is awesome .Plus the game play mechanics is good and awesome!Well that is all I have to say but I recommend you guys to buy this game and try playing so that you can forget about the horrible things about the PC version ofAt least this game has improve much better than the PC version of this game.And what important about this game is that you no longer need to connect online.I mean that is awesome .Plus the game play mechanics is good and awesome!Well that is all I have to say but I recommend you guys to buy this game and try playing so that you can forget about the horrible things about the PC version of this game.And I know that after you have played the PC version you would be really disappointed and maybe you would come here again to try and put negative scores.But first,before scoring a game you should try playing the game first then you can score it.But I won't blame you guys if you still hate this game.Okay that is all. Expand
  6. Sep 4, 2013
    This game is much better than some of these children are rating it. I never played the PC version but the PS3 version sports great graphics, controls and the sound is well above average. I love being able to play offline, solo. The menu setup is a bit aggravating, there is a small amount of slowdown on rare occasions. I don't care about the PC online auction houses being absent, I don'tThis game is much better than some of these children are rating it. I never played the PC version but the PS3 version sports great graphics, controls and the sound is well above average. I love being able to play offline, solo. The menu setup is a bit aggravating, there is a small amount of slowdown on rare occasions. I don't care about the PC online auction houses being absent, I don't usually play online anyway. This game should be rated an 8 but I gave it a 10 just because of the idiots with multiple accounts dragging down the score. They can bite me. Expand
  7. May 1, 2014
    Never played Diablo 2, but I am aware of what it is and how much it means to people. Honestly, I dig loot, crafting and leveling up just as much as the next guy, but this game is not nearly fun enough to get as p*ssed off as people do about it. This is a game I throw in when I want to space out and not think for awhile waiting for Dark Souls 2 to come down in price. People held theirNever played Diablo 2, but I am aware of what it is and how much it means to people. Honestly, I dig loot, crafting and leveling up just as much as the next guy, but this game is not nearly fun enough to get as p*ssed off as people do about it. This is a game I throw in when I want to space out and not think for awhile waiting for Dark Souls 2 to come down in price. People held their breath 10 years for this? Expand
  8. Jan 28, 2015
    Dont understand the negativity. Mindless and repetitive? Its a hacknslash. Best of its kind on consoles for these 2 generations. Need 150 characters huh. Well thats about all i had to say for this 1.
  9. Sep 3, 2013
    I have not played the PC version Of diablo 3, which I've heard terrible things about.
    Diablo 3 on the ps3 on the other hand is great, Looks great, plays fantastically, anything wrong with the PC version has been fixed .
    The multiplayer shines. it's easy to get matches, and little lag is experienced, The online community from what I've seen is pretty good too. If you weren't loving
    If you weren't loving diablo 3 on Pc, give it a second look for console.
  10. Jan 7, 2016
    I like Blizzard and Diablo franchise ....but Diablo III for ps3 is a meh. The control are very good for a console game (compared to mouse + keyboard that i used on Diablo 1 back in the days) and the cinematic sequence are outstanding but the game is too repetitive and the multiplayer aspect of the game on this ps3 porting is full of bug.
    Recommended only if you find it used or very cheap.
    Recommended only if you find it used or very cheap. The pc version is better i think.
  11. Mar 23, 2014
    The PS3 version of the game fix all the problem that the PC version had. You can play offline, you can do couch coop, there is no Auction House and legendary are dropping a lots. I had a blast playing through the game again with my friends.
  12. Sep 23, 2014
    I am The Destroyer. I will break games, complain about the littlest detail, and tell you whether or not the game is worth buying. A lot of things to say here, but can't due to the 5000 character limit.

So I noticed that the user score for this game has been drilled in the *** compared to critic score. The user reviews show a lot of 0/10 for the "Negative" side. Thought nothing of it at first, but then I decided to click on the accounts and discovered that at least 9 of them are troll accounts, created specifically for the sole purpose of bringing Diablo III's user rating down. Names can't be listed so the review can't be flagged, but you trolls know who you are, and you should be ashamed. Diablo III is a damn good game! Don't let the false rating fool your eyes.

1. Story
    The story plot kind of builds itself up in the middle of Act I, and give you very little prologue other than the opening clip to work with. Nothing can be stated here without giving spoilers. What can be said is you'll will be dropped into a town plagued by zombie attacks, and the lords of hell will rise again if you don't do anything to stop it.
    WARNING: If this is your first playthrough, it's highly recommended to play offline or only in a private session with your friends. In a public session, other players can skip the cut-scenes and ruin any story enjoyment you might have had. Only after you are finished with the story should you play publicly.

2. Voice Acting
    What do you get when you put Jennifer Hale and Crispin Freeman in the cast? The best voice freakin voice cast ever! That's what!! Not just them, but the entire casts put their hearts into voicing these scenes and you'd feel like a lying jerk for saying anything otherwise. All characters you play as, gender & class, have a different voice over, bringing more to the flavour.

3. Graphics and Visuals
    Graphics are passable. Not much else to say.

4. Gameplay Gameplay refers to the Battle System, Customization & Level Up, and various areas you explore within the game. Put it all together and it's awesome!

-Battle System-
    At first you're just mashing a single button to kill enemies, and combat overall is stiff. You can roll but can't sidestep. You have over 20 spells or special attacks dependant on your class but can only equip 1, 2, or 3 at a time (highly recommend you have "Elective Mode" from the options menu turned on), and will have to swap moves in the menu if you ever want to change it. Penalties on death are severely lacking without "Hardcore mode" turned on since equipment durability means nothing when you make riches with just 1 dungeon. The excitement doesn't pick up until around the end of Act I. But somehow, all the above manages to fit nicely! The system is fairly balanced, and gives you 32 combined difficulties to choose from. I'm not joking.

-Customization-
    Each equipment changes costume of character, and can be dyed. How cool is that! Equipment can also breaks but takes a while. Now what isn't cool is the dysfunctional inventory menu which will confuse anyone who isn't used to video game mechanics. Fortunately anyone who finds it a hassle can turn on auto-equip from the options menu.

-Exploration-
    Dungeons are randomized every time you play and won't go dull like the combat system.

5. Soundtrack
    No memorable tracks, put on your own tunes for this game when not using a microphone online.

6. Online Play
    The rules of online play! Here we go!
    #1. Game is microphone compatible.
    #2. As stated above, if you are playing for story, create a private session with friends or play offline! Don't expect any story, as all other players will skip cut-scenes and block any dialogue.
    #3. Games on 4-Player is chaotic! Bodies will fly everywhere! Enjoy those sessions because without friends they won't happen every often.
    #4. There is no "kick" or "dismissal" button this game. The only way to remove someone you don't want in your session is to remove everyone by temporarily switching off the online play, then back on. Switching to LAN also works.
    #5. Along with rule #4, players can enter your session and leech. Beware of those players who go idle for too long as every time you kill something or complete a quest still gives them exp for doing nothing.

7. Personal Enjoyment
    A lot of games have become way too realistic nowadays. Diablo III however manages to stay true to it's fantasy-like formula, which is what video games should be about. It took 4 days for me to complete the story, so the average person who goes to work or school will be on the story for 2 to 10 weeks. Amazing experience.

8. Overall Verdict
    Finally, a PS3 game for the ages! And marks the first game that I save instead of destroying it on metacritic. Diablo III gets an 8 out of 10, and earns my approval! Everyone should have a copy of this game, regardless of what game style you're into. If you don't have it yet then pick it up because this is one game you won't feel embarrassed to show off.
  13. Jan 13, 2016
    i dont always like to do this but i feel that i must say this game is overrated and become so famous and honestly it does not deserve it . this game actually is taking the gaming zone backwards . this is not how an rpg game must be . it is just so pointless game nothing that can anyone must not loose . it is has some cool staff but believe me if you searching for an rpg game this isi dont always like to do this but i feel that i must say this game is overrated and become so famous and honestly it does not deserve it . this game actually is taking the gaming zone backwards . this is not how an rpg game must be . it is just so pointless game nothing that can anyone must not loose . it is has some cool staff but believe me if you searching for an rpg game this is obviously not the best choice for you . Expand
  14. Sep 25, 2013
    Its good but not great I feel DIablo 2 is much better. I don't have much to say about this game. The graphics of the game are well improved. The storyline nice, but not nice as Diablo 2. The power effects are also repaired and programmed well. I only can see a few glitches. The connection and the feeling of playing it on a PS3 is massive. Overall in my opinion, Diablo 3 is much betterIts good but not great I feel DIablo 2 is much better. I don't have much to say about this game. The graphics of the game are well improved. The storyline nice, but not nice as Diablo 2. The power effects are also repaired and programmed well. I only can see a few glitches. The connection and the feeling of playing it on a PS3 is massive. Overall in my opinion, Diablo 3 is much better in the PS3 if compared to the PC. Expand
  15. Sep 18, 2013
    Basically what others have said: since you can play with real people in real life this version is way better than PC. And it plays exactly the same and teh graphics are the same. Siiick!
  16. Jan 30, 2014
    D3 has the potential to be an excellent game, but multiple issues have made it a mediocre hack-and-slash. On the good side, D3 on console fixed many issues on PC, mostly on better control: in PC version it is difficult to use ranged classes because complicated skills make kiting very difficult for new comers. D3 has good graphics and is very meticulously designed: debris and corpses on theD3 has the potential to be an excellent game, but multiple issues have made it a mediocre hack-and-slash. On the good side, D3 on console fixed many issues on PC, mostly on better control: in PC version it is difficult to use ranged classes because complicated skills make kiting very difficult for new comers. D3 has good graphics and is very meticulously designed: debris and corpses on the ground are blown away when powerful spells are used, objects in the environment can be destroyed and both inside and outside of the map is crafted with details. Although skills dont diverse very well, combat in D3 is overall satisfying.
    D3 is about sacrifice. The world of sanctuary was a peaceful place, until the demons came for the annihilation of mankind. In prolonged war lives are lost, and nations shatter from within. D3 shows all these in an explicit manner, and u will sigh as u see what kind of sufferance mankind is going through. As a result u really are made to hate those demons; u will want to slaughter every one of them who dare setting foot on ur land, and u will. Dialogues and characters are fairly well designed and u will find urself caring about the world of sanctuary and the people around u.
    But there are a lot of issues as well. First of all get this: D3 is a 10 hour game (15 max) and each part (act) is detached meaning u cant visit locations in the previous act after u have finished it, unless by replaying previous quests in the main menu. that is just lazy on bllizaard's side since this is a game that is played and replayed over and over again and we need more than just running through the same story over and over again. Side missions are nearly non existent: there are maybe 10 side quests in the whole game, all of them hidden somewhere in some map ull probably never get to.
    Skills in D3 are badly designed and are sometimes outright ridiculous. As ur level progresses u dont unlock more powerful spells. Seriously many spells that are unlocked in later levels are garbage, such as consuming all ur resource in a not-so-powerful attack that deals maybe 5% more dmg than a basic spell that costs nothing. Skills can be augmented with runes, but many of them are just useless. (eg increases duration from 6 to 7)
    Also in my case, the co-op doesnt fuking work! I turned my IP address to static and forward some 5 ports to fix it but before that its just infinite loading screen for me.
    Since its a hack-and-slash u will be looting a lot but its all for nothing: u dont get special effects from good gears like in borderlands or monster hunter (not useful ones anyway) but they just has the potential to have better stats than less rare gears--by that I mean non-legendaries are often more powerful than legendaries. (I got more excitement from getting good gears in bioshock infinite than i did in this game) Also since u can only travel within ur act and there is no side quests why would anyone want to jump into the looting grinder at all? Infact, I'll stop right now!
    Just gimme a sec with this key warden...
  17. Feb 24, 2014
    I was on the bandwagon prior to the games release I was so turned off by the real money auction house I had it in my mind I was not going to like what they did with the game. I was a Diablo player from the original all the way through to many years on D2
    Then when the hype about the game being terrible I let it set my mind about the game
    Diablo had been ruined ..well I was dead wrong I
    Diablo had been ruined ..well I was dead wrong
    I finally gave in and purchased the game to play coop with a buddy with whom I killed Diablo many times.
    The game is beautiful.. Polished and truly well made.. The first act took use around 16 hours.. Whoever said it was short.. Speed ran it or lied. I find myself writing this dead tired because the Diablo bug bit me.. Been many years since I played a game I couldn't put down but this being true to Diablo has done it again.
    The story is perfectly payed out from where D2 ended and perfect.
    Do yourself a favor and play this game
    The always on issue was never a factor to me because really I never played offline.. Diablo is a multi or coop designed game.. SP it would be fun but if that's your only gripe it's not good enough to miss out on this.
    Simply put.. I was wrong and admit it.. Happily
  18. Sep 5, 2013
    All the negative user reviews are from PC gamers nerd raging at Blizzard over the pc treatment of this game, ignore them! Diablo 3 on console is without a doubt the best game of its genre, has an extremely high fun factor and has a ridiculous amount of replay value. I played Diablo 2 LoD back in the day and I can say without a doubt I'm just as addicted now as I was back then. Getting aAll the negative user reviews are from PC gamers nerd raging at Blizzard over the pc treatment of this game, ignore them! Diablo 3 on console is without a doubt the best game of its genre, has an extremely high fun factor and has a ridiculous amount of replay value. I played Diablo 2 LoD back in the day and I can say without a doubt I'm just as addicted now as I was back then. Getting a group of 3 other friends together and spending hours exploring trying to get the best gear while completing quests is amazing. My favorite part of this game by far is the numerous difficulty levels, this is the hardest game I ever played on the right settings. Do yourself a favor and if you are a fan of this type of genre stop reading and go pick it up right now. Expand
  19. Nov 29, 2013
    I gotta say, I'm pretty dissapointed with this game, though it's pretty entertaining (looting, killing and partying always is after all), I can't shake the feeling that the game just doesn't live up to it's reputation. I'm one of the poor bastards that never got to play the previous Diablo´s (could never afford a gaming PC), but I can sure remember crystal clear how envious I was at myI gotta say, I'm pretty dissapointed with this game, though it's pretty entertaining (looting, killing and partying always is after all), I can't shake the feeling that the game just doesn't live up to it's reputation. I'm one of the poor bastards that never got to play the previous Diablo´s (could never afford a gaming PC), but I can sure remember crystal clear how envious I was at my friends who had the game. Diablo II seemed out of this world, graphically and gameplay wise, and for the few moments I managed to get my claws into it, it felt like I was playing something special (kind of like when I played Demon's souls for the first time). It was dark, compelling and had charisma to give away. Diablo III on the other hand, just feels OK, and like many other players have said before me, it's feels more like WOW than Diablo.

I'll be honest, for what it's worth Diablo III is very polished and entertaining, recently I also reviewed "Path of Exile", an RPG with similar elements to the Diablo franchise and very, very rough on the edges. Diablo III is of course a better product over all than PoE, then why am I givin it a 6, when I gave PoE an 8?, simple, because it was free, and because it didn't have a reputation to mantain. Blizzard is on the big leagues now, and as such, should be judged with the highest standards.

Let's begin with graphics, it just doesn't look right. The previous installments went for a more "realistic and gritty" touch, it was a staple that only a Diablo game could get away with, it was a signature. Now it's all cartoonish, with some enemies and NPCs that could very well be cast into a Looney toons show, Blizzard tasted absolute power with the WOW franchise, and hence made this game to follow that trend. It could very well be called "World of Warcraft: Demon surge" and you would get totally fooled by it

Gameplay it's functional, crisp, and very responsive, the evasion manouvre made available in the console versions is a plus, overall what you would expect from a triple AAA title. They made a pretty decent job at porting the button layout to a controller, and leveling your character into a more effective killing machine is a joy. That said, the same could be said about any other RPG or MMORPG out there, in the end the experience although functional feels dull and short sighted.

After finishing the game, the best thing I can say about Diablo III is that I had fun with it, but you can be sure it's not a game I will remember fondly when I take a look back in a couple of years, certainly will not make a dent into my top 20 or even top 30 RPGs. In the end if you want to play a Diablo game, just stick to Diablo II, I may have had half the budget, but it also had twice the heart and soul
  20. Feb 17, 2014
    Same old garbage blizzard brought us back in the spring of 2012 for the PC. The community for multiplayer is even more nonexistent on console. Blizzard is one of the worst gaming company these days and doesn't listen to fan feedback. D3 has absolutely no relation to the previous titles. With RoS coming, blizzard has yet again revamped the entire d3 experience and it's for the worse,Same old garbage blizzard brought us back in the spring of 2012 for the PC. The community for multiplayer is even more nonexistent on console. Blizzard is one of the worst gaming company these days and doesn't listen to fan feedback. D3 has absolutely no relation to the previous titles. With RoS coming, blizzard has yet again revamped the entire d3 experience and it's for the worse, can you believe that? Don't waste your time on Blizzard games. Look for Dark Souls 2 coming out March 11. Expand
  21. Aug 18, 2014
    Blizzard has taken so much that made Diablo 2 lod fantastic away that Diablo 3 is not worthy of being referred to as a sequel (probably because the people who made Diablo 2 left Blizzard to form runic games).
    The complex skill tree system, that forced you to make choices has been replaced with "you gained a level you get this skill" Stats are structured to make sure you don't have to think. Barbarians only care about strength, wizards only intelligence, monks dexterity. In D2 items used to add bonuses to skills or armor socketed with the right runes could give you special abilities (like being able to teleport regardless of your class). In D3 the game is nothing more than a grinding dps race. The ray of sunshine that breathes life into a game so phoned in and repetitive they had to include 4 playthroughs is Hardcore mode. Hardcore mode is the same game, but you only have one life. This adds tension unlike most games out there. This forces you to strategist so you don't loose your one and only life. You might sacrifice dome dps for more vitality or dodge chance. You will utilize more defensive spells and the game becomes about surviving rather than killing everything so fast that all the monsters and scenery blend together. The most difficult part of HC mode is not getting complacent clearing the same dungeons for the 3rd time and dying because you made a stupid mistake (that's how I lost my lvl 57 wizard). To sum it up abandon your expectations don't expect much and you may enjoy this game.
  22. Jun 18, 2014
    Absolutely wonderful game. Playing this with 2 or more people on one console is so much fun. It's the second coming of Champions of Norrath. Buy this game now, and make sure you play on coop
  23. Sep 16, 2013
    I've played the game for a bit now and I'm having a good time with it. The coop is fun, the battles are frantic, and there seems to be a good variation between the classes. The skills are all fun to use and there are some neat combinations that you can work with to achieve your classes maximum potential.

It's not a cerebral game or anything, but it's a fun gear based RPG/Hack-n-slash game.
  24. Nov 4, 2013
    greatest game ever created in the history of thegreatest game ever created in the history of the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  25. Sep 11, 2013
    From reading all the negative reviews about this console version, all I can say is Haters gotta hate" !

Diablo 3 was something of a screw up on launch of the PC version and probably took 30-45 days to stabilise. From that point onwards it became a very playable game, and you as the player got out of it what you wanted. The only real negative left to the game these days is the

From that point onwards it became a very playable game, and you as the player got out of it what you wanted. The only real negative left to the game these days is the somewhat cynical cash in that is the auction house, followed by the wholly unnecessary "always online" requirement. But, Blizzard are a company out to make money and these two elements ensure they do, and have !

So, with the PC version well and truly behind it, it seems it has taken the console release of Diablo 3 to realise its true potential.

There is no auction House. There is no "always online requirement. And that, my friends is what makes Diablo 3 just that little bit better on console rather than PC.

The console version of Diablo 3 is obviously sub par graphically compared to the PC version when running it on an turbo nutter ninja bastid PC, but the console version still holds its own.

You can play it single player, you can then take your character and play it over a LAN, you can then take that character and play it online with 3 other players, then go back to single player whenever you want. The drop in, drop out gameplay is totally fine and works well on both consoles.

The direct control mechanism with the gamepad is just fine, with the possible exception that the "evade" move, which is mapped to the right stick cannot be swapped with the "movement" function which is mapped to the left stick. The ability to re-map those two controls would have been handy. BUT, that is a minor quibble.

On console this game plays brilliantly, the loot drops more often and is more effective for your character.

I'll score this game 8/10 with the 2 points being removed for the inability to re map the controls along with the fact that you cant plug in a USB keyboard and type messages, and the other point for the slight input lag that occurs when in the games character menus or game vendor screens.
    Once again, these are very minor quibbles to a brilliant conversion of a game that has been vastly improved upon compared to its PC forerunner.

Go buy it now and I'll see you online.
  26. Sep 5, 2013
    Great game. 10/10. That's the way I was waiting it for PC. Everything that's wrong with the PC version isn't present in the console version. No more Auction House & Real Money Auction House trolls who buy their way to good gear. I recommend to buy the game for consoles.

And version for the PC, you can present It to your enemy
  27. Sep 16, 2013
    If you are nostalgic for Gauntlet this is your fix. I'm by no means a propnent for muti-player as a basis for a game's quality. I'm a ripe old 30 and have been a solo gamer since ancient times. The joy in Diablo 3 on consoles really does come from playing with a few friends though as you constantly squabble over loot and chastise one another for dying. It's not challenging, the story isIf you are nostalgic for Gauntlet this is your fix. I'm by no means a propnent for muti-player as a basis for a game's quality. I'm a ripe old 30 and have been a solo gamer since ancient times. The joy in Diablo 3 on consoles really does come from playing with a few friends though as you constantly squabble over loot and chastise one another for dying. It's not challenging, the story is crap and your character plays the role of extra in a movie that seems to take itself entirely to serious. But it is ridiculously fun which is all that should matter in a game. Expand
  28. Sep 19, 2013
    Absolutely the best hack&slash rpg ever done for console. Superbly adapted from PC game, great in game detaiils (like instant auto-stick for local coop games) easy to manage for multiplayer on-line, off-line, lan, etc. Technically perfect, this is the game that should has be done for PC from the beginning.

Playing almost with friends in local coop, this is the kind of game I waited for years, funny with friends with great longevity
  29. Oct 14, 2013
    I've bought game just after checking Demo version. I was impressed by nice graphics and design of world, very nice controls and smoothness of game-play. I cannot say that I am Diablo series fan but Ive been playing this franchise since Diablo I Have to say that Diablo II was disappointment for me in therms of storytelling when first Act had good gloomy feeling but rest was pure laughI've bought game just after checking Demo version. I was impressed by nice graphics and design of world, very nice controls and smoothness of game-play. I cannot say that I am Diablo series fan but Ive been playing this franchise since Diablo I Have to say that Diablo II was disappointment for me in therms of storytelling when first Act had good gloomy feeling but rest was pure laugh especially in Spider Forest where I had to fight with tiny and cute little pygmy:P With Diablo III i have the same feelings as in Diablo II but much better controls, smoother action and much more stupid story and dialogue lines. Almost every genius spawn of script writer made me blush( what would my neighbour say listening to that cra* thanks God we can interrupt cutscenes/dialogues and move into pure action. It remind me Gauntlet times, dungeon crawling games from Arcades! And that's true power of DIII Pure fun from being overpowered, crushing hundreds of enemies by lightnings, red beams, magic balls, slowing them down its game for old casual gamers which are over 30 years old (pls skip dialogues;) and need pure entertainment not punishment aka DarkSouls;)
    This game is Pure Fun
  30. Jan 26, 2016
    The cutscenes had great graphics and was pretty epic. But the actual gameplay was a little too cartoony with more cheesy graphics and no real dialog other than to read the script. The action and battle buttons function very quickly, and the wide range of attacks and variety is very cool. Very fun in 2 player mode, but it was very inconvenient that only the main leader can talk to theThe cutscenes had great graphics and was pretty epic. But the actual gameplay was a little too cartoony with more cheesy graphics and no real dialog other than to read the script. The action and battle buttons function very quickly, and the wide range of attacks and variety is very cool. Very fun in 2 player mode, but it was very inconvenient that only the main leader can talk to the blacksmith and the gem-installer guy. Inventory tends to fill up fast. I don't like how whenever you reenter an area where you've already been, the map needs to be discovered again. Otherwise, it's a great game. I'd recommend it. The battle system is one of the best I've played since GOW Expand

1. Dec 12, 2013
    When Diablo III enters the living room some things are worse, but for the most part things are better. Controlling your character with the gamepad is effortless and dungeon raiding with four players in co-op is a an amazing experience. It feels a little odd to say, but Diablo's true home is on your TV.
  2. Oct 11, 2013
    Blizzard has accomplished the unthinkable and made Diablo III on consoles the better game, without server- and connection-issues, without an auction-house and with superior gameplay. It's open season for loot-hunters. Again.
  3. Hyper Magazine
    Oct 3, 2013
    Dialo III feels more at home on console than it did on PC, but not in the least bit "dumbed down." [Nov 2013, p.56]