7.5

1. May 14, 2012
    NIS's first Disgaea in the "Next Gen" is a very satisfying experience indeed. The same tried and true formula time and time again that somehow never seems to get stale. Superior writing, voice acting and gameplay once again allow Disgaea to remain king of the strategy rpg.
  2. Apr 20, 2012
    Even if I did feel stupid now and then for paying for a PS3 game that in graphic terms could run on a PS1, I was not disappointed with Disgaea 3 overall. Core gameplay and mechanics remain practically unchanged since the debut of the series, but that is okay since Disgaea is pretty much the ultimate strategic RPG in that perspective. It is complex yet smart, and the new tweaks introducedEven if I did feel stupid now and then for paying for a PS3 game that in graphic terms could run on a PS1, I was not disappointed with Disgaea 3 overall. Core gameplay and mechanics remain practically unchanged since the debut of the series, but that is okay since Disgaea is pretty much the ultimate strategic RPG in that perspective. It is complex yet smart, and the new tweaks introduced by Absence of Justice are welcome. The story and characters slips a bit, as this is clearly the weakest game in the series in the area. Characters simply don't have the same charisma, specially the new protagonist Mao (when compared to Laharl and Adell). Dialogues are also less funny and creative, but not much. Voice acting is superb and the soundtrack is pretty good. Graphics, on the other hand, are terrible. And I'm not talking about style; I'm talking about how in current day and age Nippon Ichi slaps our faces with low-resolution character sprites. You can almost count the number of polygons that compose characters. Still, Disgaea 3 is a good game, the best strategy RPG of the current generation and extremely addictive. Expand
  3. Jan 12, 2012
    I love this game. The story and characters are amazing. Prepare for hours and hours of one of the deepest gameplay. Graphics is outdated, but that's not Uncharted or something. Disgaea 3 is cool for those strategy maniacs who appreciate complex game rules and get an orgasm on success.
  4. Sep 17, 2011
    A wonderful game with limitless amounts of content! Players of the previous games in the Disgaea series will feel right at home with this game, and although the story and characters may not be on par with the previous games in the Disgaea series, the gameplay and user interface are very much improved. Absence of Justice has an intricate and enjoyable story-line, featuring wacky andA wonderful game with limitless amounts of content! Players of the previous games in the Disgaea series will feel right at home with this game, and although the story and characters may not be on par with the previous games in the Disgaea series, the gameplay and user interface are very much improved. Absence of Justice has an intricate and enjoyable story-line, featuring wacky and unpredictable characters that will have you laughing or make you wonder if the things they're talking about are allowed to be talked about in a T-rated game. After the the main story-line, players will have access to the near-limitless post-game, which will mainly have you levelling up your favourite characters, finding and/or upgrading new items, and exploring the all-new class world. New systems such as the "homeroom" keeps this game from seeming like a rehash of it's predecessors. Although the gameplay is certainly not for everyone, it will definitely be enjoyable for fans of the previous games. Expand
  5. Jun 25, 2011
    If you've played earlier Disgaea games you should know exactly what to expect here; a lighthearted, comical story, unimpressive graphics/sound, and very solid, varied Strategy RPG gameplay. The game also turns grinding into an art, which you'll need to do a lot of if you want to play some of the extremely hard postgame content.
  6. Jan 23, 2011
    Best TRPG on the market, not much else to add. I guess it could do with better graphics, but that's not what TRPGs are all about. This game could easily take 150 to 200 hours of your time, once you really get into it.
  7. Aug 13, 2010
    well if you are a stratgy RPG fan then this is a game and series you should be playing . about the only down side is , that you may not like its humor or voice acting but i loved it . it gave the game its own sense of style not seen in any games ive played . also the graphics are very dated looking sprite based charicters ina 3d world which on the PS3 some people may expect alot more butwell if you are a stratgy RPG fan then this is a game and series you should be playing . about the only down side is , that you may not like its humor or voice acting but i loved it . it gave the game its own sense of style not seen in any games ive played . also the graphics are very dated looking sprite based charicters ina 3d world which on the PS3 some people may expect alot more but the price of only $40 new when this came out certinly feels perfect for the lowered graphical experiance . now every thing els in this game is just fantastic there is just a ungodly amount of thing you can do in this game . i loved the story its alot like a anime very humorus . the item world has been set up just perfectly prevous disgaea games i had some issues with . the new classworld allows for more customisation for your charicters . the moves are so over the top and fun to wach .and doing damage that can go into the billions is just insane . this is one of the few games ive played where i felt i had to do every thing in it and get 100% trophys . it provided me with 700 hours of fun gameplay in the 15 months i played it. i cant say that about many games. if you are a vet of this series then this is deffinitly the best in the series . if you are new to this series like i was when i got this game . it will deffinitly make you wana check out the first 2 . now i cant wait for a 4th one. Expand
  8. YuraT.
    Oct 16, 2009
    No comment
  9. NathanBoy
    Aug 24, 2009
    This might be the best Disgaea game. It is certainly the deepest. I don't know how long it takes before you feel like you gotten to the bottom of this well, but it is certainly greater than 100 hours. This game is the yardstick by which I will be measuring all future tactical rpg's.
  10. phinn
    Jul 20, 2009
    Disgaea 3 is pure fan service for J-RPG gamers. There is a ton of depth, gameplay, and an amusing story here that can keep many entertained. If the graphics and sounds were modern it would have been a bigger hit I'm sure.
  11. Marvinarguis
    Mar 3, 2009
    Excellent installment to a classic cult series. Disgaea 3 is the best yet in my opinion, though the series is certainly not for everyone.
  12. JoshS.
    Feb 21, 2009
    This game is good. There isn't much RPGs on PS3 so this one will do for now. This game isn't a good as Disgaea 2 though.
  13. MichaelF
    Dec 25, 2008
    As deep, intimidating, and as odd as they come, Disgaea 3 is a quirky, self-indulgent, humorous, obsessive grinder through the bowels of the Netherworld. Looking dated, but playing sharp, Disgaea 3 is one of the strongest titles in the SRPG genre, although may be simply too weird and too plain-looking for the mass market.
  14. StevenA.
    Oct 10, 2008
    I really did not enjoy this game, I guess I just don't like tactical RPG's or something, although I do enjoy RPG's in general and have played dozens over the years. This one rates pretty low. Also, the characters are incredibly annoying and the voice over work is suicide inducing.
  15. Hammy
    Sep 20, 2008
    Having played through all in the series I have to say hands down Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice takes the cake with even more depth and quirks such as the characters constantly breaking the 3rd wall.
  16. WillH.
    Sep 19, 2008
    This game is amazing. Just the depth alone leaves this game open for hundreds of hours of play. The only complaint anyone should have is the graphics which im still fine with seeing as i haven't played a full 3-d strategy RPG other than maybe front mission 4 that was any good.
  17. anthonyc.
    Sep 9, 2008
    Very average game. The story just goes on for ages lucky you can skip it. It would be a good rpg for kids but its something better left on psp or DS it just doesnt transfer properly with the graphics over to ps3. I have it on psp and much rather it on the hand held unit. I think it should have been offered as downloadable content on psn for like $20 cause that is all i would pay for it i Very average game. The story just goes on for ages lucky you can skip it. It would be a good rpg for kids but its something better left on psp or DS it just doesnt transfer properly with the graphics over to ps3. I have it on psp and much rather it on the hand held unit. I think it should have been offered as downloadable content on psn for like $20 cause that is all i would pay for it i am trading it in luckily for another game this week. Expand
  18. RJ
    Aug 27, 2008
    Truly excellent game. maybe more of a "disgaea 2.5" but as someone fresh to the series it has very deep gameplay and is incredibly addictive. The writing, including abilities, item descriptions and team actions, is laugh out loud funny at times as well. if you like strategy RPGs at all there is no excuse not to support this title. easily 200+ hours gameplay (with extras, secrets etc)
  19. AndrewL.
    Aug 27, 2008
    If you're a fan of Disgaea, graphics shouldn't matter. The pure epicness of Disgaea 3's story, characters, and gameplay are more than enough to make this a great game.
  20. RandyT.
    Aug 27, 2008
    I thought nothing was going to better than Disgaea hour of darkness. Sure Disgaea 3 didn't pull off the soap opera like it's first game, but this sure as hell beats a lot of things. As far as gameplay. i wish more tactic series can be as fun and quick instead of your average strategy limited srpg. And to add, i'm not even done.
  21. AndrewCorr
    Aug 26, 2008
    Definitely the best SRPG out there. The story may not be as amazing as the first Disgaea, but beyond story this game is leaps and bounds more deep than the two previous Disgaeas. This is saying something, given that every entry in this series already possesses more depth than almost any game I've ever played.

1. PSM3 Magazine UK
    Wonderful, but you'll needs lots of free time to see the best of it. [Mar 2009, p.70]
    The game is certainly a worthwhile purchase; I recommend it to all PS3 owners, particularly those who have yet to experience the Disgaea series.
  3. I still recommend newcomers start with the original or its PSP remake for the amazing story, but I'd by lying through my teeth if I said I'm not enjoying the hell out of my time with Disgaea 3. [Sept 2008, p.83]