4.6

1. Jan 21, 2013
    Theirs so many innovative ways to make a game like Epic Mickey 2 a gaming experience filled magic, interactive, and like the title says 'EPIC'. However their is none of these attributes to be found here at all. Instead your left visiting a mashed up collage of random levels that has no structure, or magic, and iffy controls leave the game feeling more like a chore, than a magical visitation to Disney dream. their is plenty to do in the game, but the exploration is tiresome also. Its a shame to see a potential hyped up title, to fall almost at the first hurdle. Hopefully for a given the planned expansion future titles to come, looking unlikely given the shoddy sales, the dev team will huddle down and find their creativeness. so all in all its worth a play, but just beware the frustrating controls. Expand
  2. Nov 21, 2012
    How they could possibly make a sequel worse than the original is beyond me. The voices are bad, the musical part is bad, the co-op is horrible and the levels... Well, let's just say they aren't much better. Truly a shame, considering the franchise had so much potential.
  3. Nov 19, 2012
    This game was a great waste of money. My advice to you is just not to get it. The graphics were terrible, the game play left me wanting much more, and it gives a bad name to anything affiliated with Micky Mouse.At times dull game mechanics made the game almost to easy and there were more bugs than enemy's.
  4. Nov 21, 2012
    As a fan of the original Epic Mickey, I was excited when I found out they were making a sequel, especially since you can now play as Oswald. The story was fun, the music definitely help add to the experience to the point you really feel engrossed in it. I also like that they gave Mickey a bit more edge like the old days when he was more mischevious.
  5. Nov 23, 2012
    Nostalgia for the excellent Disney games of the SNES and PS2 eras drew me to this game, not to mention my love of a good platformer, but unfortunately, it's a gigantic dud. Everything about Epic Mickey 2, from the fiddly controls to the boring, repetitive levels, is a let-down. As Mickey, you'll spend the game jumping listlessly from platform to platform, hosing various objects down with your magic paintbrush. Your companion throughout this misbegotten adventure is a floppy-eared simpleton named Oswald, who stumbles around in circles and scolds you for hosing him down when he gets in your way, which is all the time. A second player can jump in as Oswald, but the split-screen effect is disorienting and headache-inducing that it's only good for about five minutes at a time. There's also a bald man who shows up periodically to sing at you, and gives off a creepy Tobias Funke-by-way-of-Will Schuester vibe. Thankfully, my instinct was to rent instead of buying. Expand
  6. Jan 1, 2013
    Great game!!!!!!!! I think it is way better than the original . Co-op play, more levels, better graphics and level designs. Also voice acting and musical parts are so great. Overall its really a great ps3 mickey game.
  7. May 3, 2013
    Epic Mickey 2 is an average game. The story is very poor and not at all epic! There are several glitches especially with Oswald, whitch makes difficult to enjoy the game when Oswald doesn't collaborate. The game play is simple and boring, even exploring the Wasteland isn't that fun...like I said is a average game that unfortunately was not that fun to play.

1. Jan 12, 2013
    An engaging, if light, co-op platformer. [Issue#226, p.78]
  2. Jan 9, 2013
    Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two has the right idea. It encourages youngsters to work together, that magical Disney quality is prevalent, and the overall design is actually quite good. But a shroud of poor mechanics and outdated technical elements dooms this potentially enjoyable adventure from the start. Bad AI, loose control, collision detection issues, and vague, sometimes boring objectives keep getting in the way.
  3. Jan 6, 2013
    Boss battles are tedious and companion's AI is disastrous (which might explain why the puzzles are so basic and repetitive – that dumb rabbit probably wouldn't handle anything more elaborate). And it's not really a game for kids because on occasion it's rather difficult (partly due to abysmal jumping mechanics). Each time I put the controller aside after playing this painfully generic game, I was tired and bored. And I hated my job a little. [1/2013, p.60]