5.0

1. Jan 26, 2013
    I'd never before played Devil May Cry in any way, shape or form when I played this. And I loved it. Maybe it was my new eyes to the series, or maybe die hard fans aren't willing to give this a shot for any number of reasons, but I thought this was a great game, and definitely better than a lot of people would have you believe. If you want to play this game, play it, and find out for yourself whether or not it's worthy of the unfavorable user score. My rating: 10 :P Expand
  2. Jan 25, 2013
    I dont generally understand this DMC hate, even i have played all dmc games before. This game needed a change, it cant be the same like always. And you could say it needed a reboot with more cinematics and explained story. Many fans say this game is horrible but dont explains it why. And if they tell you the reason to hate this game, its ridiculous coz they are not true. You could find many more worse games on the market, which deserves 0 grade. You have to open minded in every chapter of game you get your hands on. And more objective to rewiev games. You have to look the big picture here, not your personal feelings with you to review games and shout non-sense **** Ninja Theory did it and they did it with huge respect and good work. Ninja theory focused this time to DMC with more cinematics, more storyline and dialogues. This is hack 'n slash game with more explained dmc story.
    Yes you can find differences with older DMC, but thats not the point here. This is REBOOT. This is ninja theory version of DMC. AND this DMC IS GOOOD! Level design is much better than before: no more running from room to room like before. This time its more jumping from A to B, and hooking yourself to other places. And levels are more creative than before. Gameplay: its kick-ass. You can have 5 weapons to use them to enemies and change them during combos in a fly. Just use your imagination and create your own awesome combos to defeat enemies. Dialogues are very funny and based on characters. Dante talks like Dante, funny sarcastic and cool. Vergil is older brother being more wiser. Kat is a helpful young girl who thinks about others. This is more serious DMC than ever before. The reason why I don't give 10 to this game, is hack 'n slash games especially DMC how its being build, they need more bosses in this game. This has 6 and its fine, but 10 bosses with more challenge, this game would be the game of the year easily.
  3. Feb 9, 2014
    this game deserves atleast 8. 4.9? WTF. i understand that fanboys dont like the new Dante, but for someone like me who never played and doesnt care about DMC franchise, and looks at DMC:Devil May Cry not like a sequel to favorite series, but as a stand alone game: this game is pretty damn sweet. i guess i enjoyed it more than Darksiders. RECOMENDED
  4. Feb 1, 2013
    I was very surprised with the game, mostly since I heard so many people whine about it. There's nothing wrong with the game, it's DMC with the same Dante, just earlier on in his life. Plus you unlock the white haired look when you beat the game once. Difficulty was not a problem, I played it on the 3rd difficulty out of 7 I believe, was mildly challenging. Unlocked the next one and got destroyed, and I'm a guy who's amongst the top 100 players on several missions on the leaderboard. The language was quite crude at points, but that's pretty much a trade mark of the series. The level design was quite great, I loved the limbo areas. Can't say there's anything bad with the game at all! Maybe that it lacked content, could have had more, I finished it in about 20 hours, but there are more difficulties to play through. Expand
  5. Jan 25, 2013
    Truly a masterpiece when it comes to enraging old fans. I've never seen such an amazing, continuous display of "features" only made to anger. I hope Capcom makes a sequel to see more people popping blood vessels. 10/10.
  6. Jul 30, 2013
    It seems like NT release a new game every 3 years. If you're a fanboy who dismiss this game just because Dante looks different, then quit being little babies because you're missing out. Instead of letting Capcom slap something cheap for DMC5, which fanboys would've called it the best game ever made, they let NT develop the game so that it can appeal to Western gamers.

A lot of companies
    like to expand their business and while the change may feel like a middle finger to the hardcore fans at first, they should really give this game a chance because it's really good. It runs on 30 FPS but there's no slowdowns and the action is smooth so it does feel like the game is running on 60 FPS. It's free style combat is over-the-top, stylish and just as engaging as the previous DMC games.

It's ok to compare new Dante to old Dante but in the end, you should judge him for who he is and whether or not you like him. Not just say "oh, this isn't the Dante I know and love", it's called a reboot. A lot of these fanboys can't accept new life in their beloved franchise, even though it did something different, but they bash on other franchises for releasing the same thing, not going to name names.

The graphics, art style and level designs is stunning, it's just so good to look at. The game is also backed up by it's awesome rock/electro soundtrack. As soon as you complete the first mission with the "Never Surrender" soundtrack playing in the background that's been used well for the first level, you'll be instantly hooked into the game.

Change is great, even if it's not as good as the old DMC. NT is great when it comes to story, does Heavenly Sword or Enslaved ring any bells? The story is simple but what lies within the story is a complex theme of corporation and capitalism. The whole idea of Dante fighting demons in Limbo feels a bit like Inception, which is awesome. Puzzles are replaced by platforming bits that were well made, although there is a Spider-Man thing going on when Dante swings from one platform to another.

Dante swears a lot in DmC and he's more of a sexual deviant but the new Dante is just as confident and fearless as the old Dante, so DmC and DMC, while DmC is quite different, does have a few aspects in common that does DmC justice to the original series. One being the character and the other being the fast, energetic and intense action.

While hardcore DMC fans might find the lower levels less challenging than DMC, since it pretty much hands out S ranks, it's a great way to introduce new fans or casual gamers who aren't particularly a fan of the franchise or the genre in general and maybe those who find DMC games, especially 3, too hard.

There are a variety of difficulties so for hardcore DMC fans who didn't find DmC challenging, try Heaven and Hell and then try Hell and Hell but you'll have to unlock it first which shouldn't be a complaint since it's really rewarding. After all, you wouldn't want a game that hands out stuff to you.

Heaven and Hell is not as easy as haters say it is but it's certainly not impossible. The idea of having to constantly switch from Angel Mode to Devil Mode gives both weapon types an advantage and disadvantage instead of just upgrading weapons to make them stronger like most games do.

The game is not without it's flaws though. There's no lock on feature which sucks because it would have been useful, especially while I'm fighting a group of demons both aerial and ground enemies. You can pretty much defeat bosses easily by using the same strategy that you use when fighting common demons, though boss battles, especially Bob Barbas, are creative.

Capcom's retarded sale tactics of releasing a couple of skins as DLC are another issue, because one of which is the classic Dante. There's no taunt but that's not really an issue since Dante already has a bad mouth in the cutscenes.

In the end, DmC pulls off an unlikely reboot that feels fresh while holding on to what makes DMC so good. It's probably the third best game in the franchise. If you want to hold on to old Dante, why don't you just play the previous games. Original and 3 are still the best anyways.

The game may be a commercial failure but that's because fans boycott the game, not because it's bad. Call of Duty breaks world record sales on day one, does that mean it's the best gaming franchise ever made? Recommended for those who aren't a fan of DMC. Recommended for hardcore fans as well but a lot of them are still skeptical so it's best that they rent the game or borrow my copy from a friend.
  7. Jan 22, 2013
    When a game is rebooted, it means that the previous games had a lame plot, or for making new fans. I think previous Devil May Cry games were actually awesome games. I didn't understand the reason of this reboot, but it's done already, so let's face it: the old storyline is over (for now!!).
    I will analyze some points of the game:
    Gameplay: Always engaging, the only flaw is the easiness
    of making high rank, but it's compensated by the various difficulty of the game.
    Sound: the idea to mix old rock-metal songs with some dubstep tracks isn't so bad at all. I found them exciting at some point.
    Video: some bad textures and some bad shadows doesn't ruin a game, but they are however flaws.
    Story: that's the most important thing of all the game: how to make a better story if the old story is awesome? Ninja Theory transposed the character of DMC saga in a new, more politically focused story, trying to use some plot device modern, using things like debts, mass media to explain while the demon are ruining the city.
    When I first play this game, I noticed a detail: the new-Dante is like a younger Dante than the DMC3 Dante, more insecure, but always a **** demon slayer. The separation between world and limbo (another dimension parallel to the world where there are demons) is a cool idea,but I always liked the idea of demons among us.
    Eventually I have a advice for all of you: if you never play old DMCs, but you like the hack/slash game, then buy/rent this game (the story is short, but there are a lot of things to do ingame, and 7 difficulties, changing the mobs you will find and the skill sets of this mobs) and play it; if you are a fan of the old DMC, grab this game, because the atmosphere overall will satisfy you, the thing of making like a parallel story (marvel/ultimate marvel style) isn't bad at all, and play it till the end, there is a surpise ;)
  8. Jan 22, 2013
    Yes I'm a DMC fan and I've played all DMC games up to now. I have to admit the first two were okay (though DMC2 was pretty bad), the 4th was so-so but the 3rd rocked solid! This new reboot takes the good additions from DMC4 and brings back good ol' Dante. Yes he's looking different, but the character feels alot more alive that the first ones. Gameplay is really nice on top of that! The only point I dislike a little is that you have 2 dodge buttons and no lock-on button.. Nevertheless, this game is very worth playing!! Expand
  9. Jan 23, 2013
    Thank you Ninja Theory for building a new foundation for DmC and it's characters to grow. Not only did you bring back the characters we loved but made them deep and gave them growth throughout the story. After beating this game I can only imagine what Ninja Theory could bring for the next DmC games. Please, keep it up. Don't be mislead by the angry user reviews (I honestly don't know what they are crying about) and play. this. game. DMC fan or not, it's a blast. Expand
  10. Jan 25, 2013
    I been a DMC fan since the first game and this version of DMC was good and interesting about changing the half demon to nephilim. But the only thing that I thought that it was to easy were to fight the bosses including fighting Mundus and Vergil. I think that it should be more difficult than fighting than the previous ones. The music was great , good graphics , interesting stories( a little confused with the previous ones but interesting the point of view) , but the combos were a little easy. And Vergil looks like an idiot with that hat . Expand
  11. Jan 25, 2013
    I was very septical when I've heard about the new DMC. First of all, I've enjoyed all previous Devil May Cry (1 to 4). The new DMC is clearly different, but is definitely a masterpiece. I had the opportunity to play the PC version that had a great framerate. I've heard that the console versions had few problems. The story, the gameplay machanics and the graphics are simply amazing. It has slightly less combos than the previous ones and the game difficulty might be too easy when not playing on hard, but I think it's great that way. Veterans can play on Hard... And harder and still have some challenges. The musics are even better than the previous games. I'm giving a 9 out of 10. Expand
  12. Jan 27, 2013
    Don't listen too all the negative reviews because this it not as bad as it is claimed to be. Being a big fan of the 1st and 3rd game, I gotta say that this game is pretty damn good and it has a lot of qualities that make it sometimes better than the main series. My play through of the game was on hard and this will be more of a comparative review to the other games.

GAMEPLAY is good,
    smooth, solid and the whole 30fps thing doesn't make any difference when playing, it doesn't chug or look terrible in any sense. There is not a lock on mode this time around which may sound like a bad choice but the auto lock is done very well, I had no problems whatsoever targeting those I want to hit even when they are way in the back of a horde of monsters. Devil Trigger isn't that great this time around, before using the DT would enhance your abilities and holding the DT button before activating can give way to some strategic energy blasts for clearing clusters of enemies. Now the DT just blasts the enemies in the air for you go combo crazy for short amount of time and just, for me, serves as nothing more as a 'get off me' button. This game takes some elements from the 4th game where you can grapple enemies to either bring them to you or you to them but thankfully doesn't make it piss easy as Nero makes it in the 4th game with his OP instakills arm abilities. The ranking system is much more forgiving in this one but at the same time isn't as rewarding either which kind of makes it pointless this time around.

WEAPONS are a bit lackluster when compared to the 3rd game as this one only has 3 guns and 5 weapons; 2 Angelic which are quick and good for groups but deal less damage and 2 Demonic which are slow but good for single targets and deal a lot of damage. You don't have to worry about which ones you want to bring each mission as you will always have them on you. Rebellion in default, holding R2 will bring out Demonic weapons and L2 for Angelic weapons which makes having which one you want out a breeze.

LEVEL DESIGN is absolutely awesome this time around, much, MUCH better than the previous games. The designs are beautiful and varied unlike the string lined, claustrophobic and generally dull feel of the originals. There is a little bit more emphasis on exploring the levels as the lost souls, keys, and secret rooms are hidden throughout the levels and sometimes inaccessible until you get later weapons to add a little to the game for the next play though. The mostly takes place in LIMBO where the real world gets ripped up and twisted which give the developers freedom to do just about whatever they can think of making for some awesome experiences.

CHARACTERS and STORY is better overall this time around with the demons in control of everything from behind the scenes through the media and whatnot unlike before where the story boils down to "They are opening the gate to the demon world, we have to stop them!". I thought I was going to hate this version of Dante but they have come through and did a pretty good job. He reminds me a little more of Nero than previous Dante, like Nero being more serious but will occasionally joke and insult here and there. Vergil on the other hand is a bit jarring, basically take Vergil from 3 and turn his character around, I did not like this version at all but is a decent character at best on his own merits.

ENEMIES and BOSSES are pretty good here as well and I overall prefer this roster of enemies more than the previous games, starting off a little too easy but later on offering up quite a challenge without being annoying or feeling cheap and dirty. The bosses in this game, though not very difficult, they felt fresh and were not as annoying, frustrating, or boring like a lot of the other bosses in the previous games. While I still prefer the bosses in 3 I do like the overall designs of DmC's bosses way more than games 1, 2, and 4.

MUSIC surprised me here, I thought it was going to suck. I thought it was going to be the most annoying, stupid euro pop crap I was gonna ever hear based on the old trailers but to my surprise they kept it very similar to the 3rd games style. No complaint here but I do wish they would have had some of those angelic themes and piano themes from the 3rd game but that is just me.

OVERALL I think Ninja Theory did a fantastic job here and in a lot of ways improving what the previous team(s) kept failing to improve. Better than 3? I don't know I am still trying to figure that out but I do like it way more the 1, 2(lol) and 4. Give it a shot.
  13. Feb 2, 2013
    This is my first review here and i just registered to defend this game!
    All those haters voting it with a 0,i mean u have to be very immature to rate any game with a 0 and this game doesnt deserve any rating under 7! U may not like the new Dante,or the new style,but even if u dont like how it looks,this game is still fun to play!
    Ninja Theory did an awesome job with the reboot and
    brought us one of the best games in the genre. DmC is one of the best games i ever played and yes,i was a huge fan of the "old" DMC too.
    Get ur head out of ur a** and give it a chance,u wont regret it.
  14. Feb 16, 2013
    Some times the community is a complete This game is AWESOME and a liked it very much Only the cinematics from the game are a stand alone movie... For me just go buy it ..But if you are not sure check out some videos on YouTube :D
  15. Apr 21, 2013
    Ok, first off, to hell with anyone who gave this game below a five. Most of you guys wrote the review on the day of release. my thoughts? they all are a preemptive assault to try to slander what is a GREAT game. so please, you are a coherent human being, avoid the hooting dick-holes. and to said hooting dick-holes; grow up and off.

REVIEW TIME: this is an AWESOME game. over the top
    action and furious style are dealt in spades here. absolutely stunning level design and combo chaining the likes of which the DMC 3 and 4 have trouble contending. if you're a fan of the series, give it a go. the aesthetic ma be different but the game is all DMC all the time. Expand
  16. Mar 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Some other people give this game some very under rated ratings. I give it a 10 out of 10 due to how well it explained how everything started, how Vergil and Dante began to hate each other and how all the demons came into the real world and Vergil became the leader of the Demon World. The combos are still the same and so are most of the weapons and powers. The new weapons are fantastic. Thank you for another great game. Also most people rate this game so low because of how young and different Dante is. Expand
  17. Apr 3, 2013
    It's a great game. I've been a fan of Devil May Cry since it demo'd long ago with another Capcom game. But I feel like they lost direction after the original. Devil May Cry 2 was great to play, I like Dantes look and the art but the story was That's when I started losing interest. I still bought and played all 4 games, but didn't care for it as much as I did when playing the original. Although I like Devil May Cry, I actually thoroughly enjoy the reinvented DMC: Devil May Cry. The story is great, characters are fantastic, the acting and reactions, the gameplay, the art and feel, the amazing soundtrack fits very well in my opinion. It's annoying when fanboy/fangirls don't give this game a real chance. Stop that it's not just like the older Devil May Cry games. It's not a remake, it's a reimagining! I will admit I liked the idea when I first read about DMC. Then after awhile I was starting to worry. Thinking it might be mediocre like 2, 3 and 4. Well 3 was decent. But DMC caught my eye and I thought they did an amazing job. It's great, A new, fresh beginning and I feel it will get even better with the sequel. Expand
  18. Apr 6, 2013
    Great combat. The different weapons flow very well together and makes juggling fun. Fast paced with nice puzzles. Ive been a dmc fan from the start and this didn't disappoint. Music fits very well and the story is just amazing. My only gripe is it felt like a true prequel rather then a reboot. Either way i hope to see more.
  19. Mar 20, 2014
    Wow, for anyone who hasnt played devilmaycry this is a must play game. The crying fans need to be quiet, if this hadn't been called devilmaycry, it would of score a 9 all over the board for amazing gameplay, graphics and story alone.
  20. Jul 24, 2013
    Devil may cry 4 was a HUGE flop, they MUST reboot the story, and the new style is AMAZING.
    The gameplay is pure fun,
    all the weapons are useful, not like in the others, when you can play ONLY with a sword.
  21. Jul 2, 2013
    DMC does nearly everything right. Cool graphics, very fast and motivating gameplay and great characters. I can't understand, why the old school- fans are crying about the new dante. Furthermore, the overall style of the game is just great. Did you even play it? Just do it. you will get some of the (graphically) best designed levels ever.
  22. Sep 14, 2013
    Dmc its not bad like everyone think! Open your mind. Dante its back, and has a fantastic gameplay and better than the previous games! I played all the DMC's, and when I beated the game, I realized that Dante will be as it once! Before saying anything about the new Dante, know that Capcom wanted to change his style, and changed for the better in my opinion, because there were many mistakes in the other games that made Capcom remade the entire franchise! If you play the entire game noticed that it is rather a Devil May Cry, passing the story, Dante demonstrates why his personality changes, thus becoming the Dante we know! The same happens with the story of Vergil, who this game is weaker than Dante, because if you play the DLC Vergil's Downfall notice that the power increases Vergil and leaves to see how will be the continuation! The next game will be much better, and rejoices all fans of the series! I also think that you guys had liked the change at the beginning! No, and now I realize that everything is moving towards better! Gives a chance and wait for the new game! Ninja Theory is very cool, Capcom made ​​a great choice! 8.9 is the note I give! The rest if you ask me, if you can buy the game and play! Will not regret it! It's better than promised! Expand
  23. Sep 3, 2013
    Can I just say, Reboot. I am a fan of the original games and of this one, for all the haters that seem to bash it reread the fifth word a time or two. They did an amazing job with this game. I'm a fan just as much of it as of the original ones. So lay off and think of it as a new light on an amazing set of classics.
  24. Oct 11, 2013
    An excellent, well-rounded game with superb graphics, epic gameplay and an intriguing story. For a reboot, they paid homage to old traditions in DMC, while bringing so many new and fresh things to appeal to the modern and current generation of gamers. This game is great for new fans, and old fans alike who are willing to actually play it with and give it a try. This reboot brings new life and fresh blood into the franchise, and I look forward to the prospect of a sequel. Expand
  25. Nov 12, 2013
    I dont know why everyone is hating. I am an fan f the old games, played them all, loved them and their classical style. Ninja theory tried something new, and it was awesome. Sure Dante is more edgy but thats the whole point of making a younger dante. The combat is perfect, I actually use the other weapons, you have too on some enemies!! Before in other games, I felt i had to go out of my way to use the another weapon just for the sake of changing it up a bit. Before, rebllion proved so strong, that it was pointless to use other weapons for dante. The firearms on the other and were not that great for this DmC, i have to admit. the charge shot wasnt really selling it for me at least. As for devil trigger, i like how colors and surrounds sort of change, but the way demons just rise up is annoying, by the time i bring them down, DT is half gone, and your only using it on one enemy. the slow m when killing the last enemy is really nice touch, and love the grapple hooks addition to the game. The story is pretty simple, building up to the last boss fight, but at least you are not thrown into fighting demos in the previous games without knowing who is what and whats your goal in the game. Its a bit of a cliche making the brothers enemies in the end, we all knew a fight was coming, but dont make it the last and final. It just ruins the story. Plus the dlc, I didnt buy that vergil just went evil after spending all his life fighting demons and searching for his brother. Dante may have sightly betrayed him, but only to ensure humans have true freedom from demons. they shouldve went with dante vs. vergil fight on mission 19, and later mundus fight as the final boss. I dont why everyone is hating on vergil too, hes still badass here and actually has a goal and some character development, in dmc3, you have no idea why you are fighting vergil, just because he wants more power, please... all in all, it was an amazing game, superbly made, in support of unreal engine. The plot does need a little more mystery, characters, and a satisfying twist. Expand
  26. Nov 19, 2013
    Fantastic game! I really didn't expect to have this much fun when I started playing. It's making me want to take it slow and enjoy the awesome world depicted in the game for fear of finishing it too fast and not finding something else as good. I created an account on metacritic just now to write this review for one great game. One of the best of this generation.

If you notice all the
    'Negative' reviews on here are for fans of the PS2 games dissing it for no good reason. The game improves upon the older games in every aspect. Yes, I have played the older games and I like this one a lot better. Expand
  27. Jan 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ok, have to clear this up. this game deserves much more than a 4.9, which is the current user score.

(spoilers)

I'm a veteran of the devil may cry franchise, been playing since the 1st one. While I'm very attached to the old dante (as attached as you can be to a character you know so little about), as a video game (and DMC) enthusiast, I can't let that get in my way.

This game is technologically and critically head and shoulders above previous installments in the franchise. While I think it may have happened a little bit too soon, I really hope to see a sequel to this game.

I never felt attached to old Dante. He was always just some badass in a red coat with a sword. and that was awesome. I've always felt that the DMC story line was obscure to mask a lack of coherence. With the Reboot, we're able to know the characters so much more. You get to watch this young, lost badass become the **** talking demon hunter we know and love. You get to watch him build a bond with his lost brother and then see this bond torn away, wo witness the borth and growth of characters and relationships like previous DMC games never even thought about doing.. old DMC never made me feel anything, except "that was awesome". With Neo-Dante, it's so much more awesome, and also emotional. great story, great fastpaced and open ended frantic action gameplay leave most people behind. it's too "hardcore" for some people. and with better story telling and game play.

This game is great. anything below a seven is unwarranted, submitted by an uneducated and/or stubborn and/or ignorant and/or narrow minded fanboy
  28. Jan 3, 2014
    First things first: I'm a very big DMC series fan. And I was a fan who no longer give much importance to the series. Now thanks to this game: Dante is back and in shape! GoodBye Nero (was that the name?). DmC is a very cool action game!! I really loving this game! I'm writing this review in half of my progression in the game and I want to play a second time.. maybe third.

The Gameplay
    (10/10): super smooth, very fast and very rewarding! super mega big combos with lots of weapons in the air in the gound where ever you want! I think is the most rewarding dmc game in gameplay! Big smile in my face when I hear "SADISTIC" in a hollow voice lol. very cool. Really, this game makes me laugh of pleasure. To the fans they should play in nephilim mode, is more difficult and it's not very easy to reach the SSS rank (only once in my playtrough). Man the weapons are a delight!!! Nice addiction the training mode, very useful!!

The Graphics (9/10): put this simple Limbo is a very beautiful place.. shame is full of demons the producers gave much love to this city very colorful and is always changing top down bottom up! cool the city changes when we walk on it! seriously often stopped just to rotate the camera and see the scenery. so much happens in those landscapes that we can not see due to the frantic combat.

The Sound (9/10): in my opinion the best in the series. period. i remember playing dmc3 and was boring always the same music. Now yes this is a soundtrack. Heavy metal with electronic music. cool stuf with many different tunes that give perfect balance to what we see on screen. The music is dynamic to, depending on your performance in combat and style. The voice acting is great!! great job!!

Conclusion: Ninja Theory respects DMC and is fans: as we play the game we understand it. Thanks to their imagination the series will not die because it seemed to be the destiny of Dante. The world of gaming has changed a lot and DMC needed to change to. I dont understand that low scores!! why?!!! Dont want the newcomers to play this amazing action game?! Now make yourself a favour go play this game and have a hell of a good time (hell man!!) with style!!

Dante is back!! with lots of style! never thought I'd say this again!

Almost forgot: Dante! very nice kid. super style and bad ass!! always mocking! I was tired of that kind of japanese super hero/manga/anime from past games. this dante is more human. much more human. very well designed with great attention to detail. and is story is simple but fun and better than past games. And Vergil is very cool to. For me better than dmc3.

Cons: I can not give a 10 I wish I could because this game got it all, but I cant because is a little to short. Some missions are way to small (like make a few jumps and kill a few demons) but on the other hand this game screams repeatability all the way. I just finish and I must play two or more times to finish everything I left behind. And it's fun to play so it will not be boring. Another thing: where's the taunt button (this one is personnel)?!

PS.: that Devil Trigger is cool stuff.. again the "cool" word!!
  29. Jan 9, 2014
    This is the first time I've posted how I've felt about a game online b/c it's the first time I thought I really needed to, I feel this way because the game had really great reviews from critcs but sold a million copys under what capcom was expecting and for some reason people who played the game didn't like it no idea y though, all these reasons make me fear the are not going to continue the reboot and make a DmC 2, now onto how i feel about the game, the games been great so far decent graphics coupled by excellent gameplay and the story was pretty dam good, the old dmc for me was mediocre excludingg 4 wich was prty good I didn't really enjoy Dante as a charecter in the old. One but I liked him in this one ( I did this on an iPad so I apoligise in advance if it's hardto read. Expand
  30. Jan 24, 2014
    DmC is my biggest surprise of the year, and it is a shame that short-sighted fans have condemned the reboot simply based on Dante's character design.

To start, I have played all the Devil May Cry's and DmC is my favorite. DmC is more fun, more clever and more stylized that all the DMCs before it. Switching between weapons mid-combo is a blast. You never know what to expect in limbo,
    and it is awesome to watch levels transform as you make your way through them.

The most important thing to note though, is that the new Dante is so much more relatable than the old Dante. The first time a ridiculous demon appears and the level transforms, and Dante says, "What the **** **** You will be right there with him.
  31. Jan 29, 2014
    This game has everything you want from the devil may cry series and more. The third installment in the series left me a bit stale but after playing this game I loved it. The weapon system, style system, item system, further content afterwards. EVERYTHING about this game was done right. Keep up the great work.
  32. Mar 2, 2014
    I loved the old games, and this one certainly did not disappoint me. A reboot is not supposed be about making the exact same thing over again, like Halo 1. Let the masterpiece be before you mess with what is perfect. If you don't like it just don't play. They did a great job with a new story and some very well developed characters. The game is still wide open to take alot of the same roads as the last one. I am looking forward to the sequel and stealing the hair cut! Expand
  33. Apr 1, 2014
    I don't undestand all the bad/evil critics...**** awesome game..Varieted gameplay, lots of weapons and cool combos to use. Just don't get a 10 because I didn't liked the end.
  34. Mar 25, 2014
    great game. Combat system is very addictive but kind of repetive, storyline is not very satisfying ( not what i bought the game for though), soundtrack is amazing, and the weapon unlocks, and special moves are pretty cool too.
  35. Apr 6, 2014
    I played because it in PS plus, and woah! I really like it. Full action packed game, challenging combats that makes you think how to beat enemies that have weak and strong points. I also found characters more charismatic than in the former games.

1. Jul 30, 2013
    If nothing else, DmC is sure to entertain with many hours of button hammering, fizzing combat. However, the experience as whole has hugely benefitted from a reboot and those who are familiar with the series will appreciate the new features and relish the opportunity relive Dante’s origin story. DmC, as a combat driven action title has held together the soul of the franchise, while enhancing all in-game features to create a unique experience for everyone.
  2. Ninja Theory deserves credit for not only delivering smooth combat and telling an entertaining story, but also for crafting detailed character models without lip-synch errors, who show real emotion and wear clothing that moves along with them. This is what a 2013-game should look like. [February 2013, p.72]
  3. Mar 12, 2013
    Ninja Theory are calling the DMC shots now and they're doing it well. The fighting mechanics are a little bit easier to master and perhaps not as deep as before, but on the other hand the storytelling is improved with skillfully crafted cutscenes. Put up with a rather dull introduction and you're in for a great game.