- Summary: In Dustforce, players stylishly flow through precarious environments, sweeping up dust, leaves, trash and slime. The cleaners face off against the fourSprites who are determined to make a mess of the whole world
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Autoplay On Off
Positive: 0 out of 1
Mixed: 0 out of 1
Negative: 1 out of 1
Feb 5, 2014Dustforce (on PC) is an amazing game, and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys a challenging platformer. I would give the PC version a 10/10Dustforce (on PC) is an amazing game, and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys a challenging platformer. I would give the PC version a 10/10 with no hesitation. However, the PS3 version is the worst port I have ever played. The reasons for this are:
1) Obnoxiously long load times (Dustforce on PC had no loading screens, at all). It takes around a minute to get from initial boot to the hub world. On PC, it took about two seconds. I am not exaggerating.
2) No cross-buy (PS3 and Vita versions are separate games).
3) Framerate is jumpy. This becomes much worse when moving quickly.
4) Audio lag. You can't go a whole minute without hearing some form of audio lag. Also, the audio lags consistently at the end of every run, and while attacking enemies at higher speeds.
5) The new UI looks cheap and out-of-place.
6) No custom controls.
7) The clipping is off. I watched myself pass through objects that should have been solid several times on the PS3 version.
8) Absolutely none of the previously listed issues are present on the PC version of the game.
If future updates fix these issues, I will change my rating to a 10.
Anyways, lets all thank Q-loc and Capcom taking a truly superb platforming experience and slaughtering it before the eyes of the console community. Sorry, Hitbox. I love you guys.… Expand