6.1

1. JS
    May 5, 2009
    I LOVED this game! It pokes so hard at the video game world from Halo to Final Fantasy and even loading screens. The game gets a bit repetitive towards the end,but the game ends before it overstays it's welcome. With voicing from Will Arnett and Neil Patrick Harris,it makes the game even more enjoyable. This game is hilarious and i'm hoping for a sequel.
  2. CharlesL.
    Mar 3, 2009
    No it's not the best game ever, no it's not innovative, and it's not trying to be. It's trying to be the Airplane or Scary Movie of the video game world, and that's what it succeeds in achieving. It's got the laughs and the fun... and that's all it needs. I personally enjoyed the game a lot and look forward to a sequel.
  3. BobS
    Mar 3, 2009
    If you, like the magazine reviewers, expect every game to be a $40+ million budget blockbuster like Gears 2 or Halo 3, then this isn't the game for you. The humor is great, the acting is top-notch, the story is meh, but its really just a vehicle for carring the jokes. The environments aren't anything special, since they're intentionally made to be stereotypical shooter If you, like the magazine reviewers, expect every game to be a $40+ million budget blockbuster like Gears 2 or Halo 3, then this isn't the game for you. The humor is great, the acting is top-notch, the story is meh, but its really just a vehicle for carring the jokes. The environments aren't anything special, since they're intentionally made to be stereotypical shooter locations (how many times in shooter games do you end up trudging through a freakin warehouse? This game has TWO!!) The gameplay is fun, with some minor issues. The AI sometimes seems to get "stuck" trying to find cover, which actually makes them harder to hit since they never stop moving. The controls are standard third-person shooter fare, and are well done, with the addition of a "point-and-cover" system that lets you click downrange cover and Matt will sprint to it on his own, which is pretty neat. There's a "weapon upgrade" system that adds elemental effects to your weapons, but its pretty pointless, since you shouldn't have much trouble with most of the enemies without it; but the ice upgrade has a pretty cool effect that's worth seeing. Other than that, some over the top ragdolling when you see explosions or use the magnum makes up for the badness, they fly around pretty hilariously. I wouldn't say that this is a great game, but with the lowered price point at $50, it's worth picking up for some laughs and easygoing fun. Expand
  4. CaitO'C
    Mar 10, 2009
    I'd love to give this game a perfect score, but I do realize that gameplay and graphics are pretty basic retreads of stuff from the past. However, I have not seen a game with such a brilliant sense of humor and writing in a long time. It's a decent cover shooter whose cutscenes and one line asides will keep you playing. Ignore the critics who couldn't be payed off by the I'd love to give this game a perfect score, but I do realize that gameplay and graphics are pretty basic retreads of stuff from the past. However, I have not seen a game with such a brilliant sense of humor and writing in a long time. It's a decent cover shooter whose cutscenes and one line asides will keep you playing. Ignore the critics who couldn't be payed off by the small publishers advertising budget (if they had one). Collapse
  5. DanielG
    Mar 9, 2009
    VERY good music... definitlely lends emotional impact to the battles. It got my blood pumping and makes up for the mediocore graphics. Some of the dialogue is cheesy but it is intentional. The game handles more like Dead Space or Mass Effect than a hardcore FPS like COD4 or Halo 3. Definitely not your bag if you are a competitive shooter player and are expecting something of that nature VERY good music... definitlely lends emotional impact to the battles. It got my blood pumping and makes up for the mediocore graphics. Some of the dialogue is cheesy but it is intentional. The game handles more like Dead Space or Mass Effect than a hardcore FPS like COD4 or Halo 3. Definitely not your bag if you are a competitive shooter player and are expecting something of that nature here. (Multiplayer is non-existent) I rented this game expecting disappointment and was pleasantly surprised by it. This game is a terrible game the way Half Baked and Pineapple Express were terrible movies depending on who the critic is but it has some serious laughs to be enjoyed if you give it a chance. Expand
  6. Dec 23, 2014
    I really liked it, sometimes it tries to hard to be funny and sometimes the humour feels forced but overall this game was a nice experience. I absolutely loved the "wolfenstein" level!

The story isn't there, the gameplay is tedious, and there's nothing visually exciting about this one. There are a few laughs here and there and some Trophy padding, but this has "bargain bin" written all over it.
    Matt Hazard is not a great game. It falls victim to a lot of the cliches that it pokes fun at and Matt Hazard doesn't have the star appeal of a Duke Nukem or a Marchs Fenix. It doesn't take the spoof thing far enough-they totally waste the voice over talents of the awesome Will Arnett-and the action needs three more coats of polish but it definitely has its moments. Despite its faults, I more or less enjoyed it.
  3. It comes out of the gate with a strong opening set and sprinkles in a good joke every time the audience gets restless. But the gameplay itself is as diluted as a happy hour special in an 18-and-over club.