- Summary: Enemy Front is the realistic tale of a hardened soldier dropped behind Nazi lines to engage in dynamic, diversified missions ranging from quick skirmishes, espionage assignments, and sabotage activities. The epic scope of Enemy Front spans several years and key battles as it progresses fromEnemy Front is the realistic tale of a hardened soldier dropped behind Nazi lines to engage in dynamic, diversified missions ranging from quick skirmishes, espionage assignments, and sabotage activities. The epic scope of Enemy Front spans several years and key battles as it progresses from the trenches of a desolate France right on through to Berlin and a secret weapons base. Once there, the player must thwart the plans for a terrifying weapon that will all but assure a global Nazis victory.… Expand
Games Master UKJul 29, 2014Though it can pack a punch, this lacks the finesse to tell the subversive war story it's aiming for. [Sept 2014, p.74]
Jun 11, 2014For me this game is good. I give 9 because I missed to WWII shooter game and Enemy Front have very nice story. Graphics is not important thinkFor me this game is good. I give 9 because I missed to WWII shooter game and Enemy Front have very nice story. Graphics is not important think in all games. Here I vary like soundrack it's matched to what is happening around.… Expand
Jun 11, 2014I rate highly, because of the story. And I love the atmosphere WW II, it does not bother me that the graphics are not at the highest level.I rate highly, because of the story. And I love the atmosphere WW II, it does not bother me that the graphics are not at the highest level. Recent materials, as for me, great. :). This also reminds me of the old CoD or MoH. The better will be played in EF.… Expand
Jun 11, 2014In my opinion the game is not bad, rather challenging and not as short as other shooters released in the last couple years. The graphics areIn my opinion the game is not bad, rather challenging and not as short as other shooters released in the last couple years. The graphics are not the best given that they used the CryEngine. There are places with low resolution textures that look quite bad for a 2014 game. I am mostly giving it a 7 due to the fact that it is a WW2 shooter game in world of modern shooters. There was a time when most FPS games were WW2. I really like WW2 shooter and there has not been one in the last couple years except for let's say Wolfenstein New Order (that is mostly an alternate history FPS than a WW2 FPS except for the introduction). There is nothing extraordinary about this game but shooting Nazis in a WW2 background is really nice. So this is mostly a 6. I gave it 7 due to the story and timeline. Also the soundtrack is really great and it fits the game nicely.… Expand
Jun 10, 2015This game could have been something if more effort was put into it. There are plenty of faults with it, even for a budget title. Enemy FrontThis game could have been something if more effort was put into it. There are plenty of faults with it, even for a budget title. Enemy Front explores the Polish Resistance, something which hasn't been explored in WW2 games. You are an American reporter writing about what's happening there, only to find yourself caught up in the war. Yet near the end of the game, you find yourself in Germany destroying factories and secret weapons singlehandedly. Like what are you, a reporter or a supersoldier? Voice acting is also bad, but this, the story and your character can be forgiven in a budget game. The gameplay is the main problem. Level design is good and mostly open-ended, you can tackle objectives in almost anyway you want. Stealth or guns-blazing? You decide. But the game gives no encouragement for stealth. I mean, you can mow down enemies easily anyway, so why do stealth? It's better to do guns-blazing. What the game should have done is to have a skill tree, where you can decide whether you want stealth abilities (like quieter movement) of combat abilities (like increased health), like Far Cry 3. And the AI is downright stupid. Every German will charge after you. They have little to no sense of hiding behind cover. Frame-rates are also a problem.
This game is a rental at best. After playing through, you may not want to play it again. And even if you do, just only the levels where you fight alongside the resistance.… Expand
Jul 8, 2014This game was atrocious. The gameplay wasn’t tight and responsive; it was SLOW, TEDIOUS and BORING. Graphics were incredibly, incrediblyThis game was atrocious. The gameplay wasn’t tight and responsive; it was SLOW, TEDIOUS and BORING. Graphics were incredibly, incredibly sub-par -that I even had to double check the cover of the game that it actually was a PS3 game and not some Nintendo or PS2 game. I don’t know what had happened here, but the whole game proved disappointing. Missions were average, storyline was meh, overall -- BLERGHHHH? If you want to kill Nazis, please, please stick with Wolfenstein. Please!… Expand
Jul 2, 2014Its good to have a WW2 shooter again that isn't your typical COD or MOH, but this game on PS3 is riddled with technical issues.
PoorIts good to have a WW2 shooter again that isn't your typical COD or MOH, but this game on PS3 is riddled with technical issues.
Poor textures, Poor Shadows, Poor Facial animations, constant frame rate drops, jerkiness, tons of jagged edges and that's to name a few. The game is near unplayable at times due to these issues causing problems with aiming and shooting.
CryEngine 3 does run like crap on PS3 and Xbox 360, but Enemy Front is the worst for it.
Another problem, you can only have one primary weapon and a sidearm, which is STUPID. Why can't we swap the pistol with another gun, this would surely increase the tactical freedom that Crysis 2 and 3 managed.
The AI is however really clever, they see a dead body they'll investigate, you can however shoot an enemy when there's planes overhead, and there's a few ways to approach each objective so Stealth is an option.
If you are to get this game, get it on PC, it looks better and runs better. Avoid the console versions.… Expand
Apr 13, 2015I never though I would score 0 on any WW2 FPS shooters, but here's the day it happened.
First, let's start off from the beginning: I didn'tI never though I would score 0 on any WW2 FPS shooters, but here's the day it happened.
First, let's start off from the beginning: I didn't really bothered to check if this game was any good, I just pulled it off the shelf and bought the damn thing. Even the salesman or shop assistant, whatever he's called, said to me: "Are you really buying this?". Yep, I knew something was wrong.
Alright then, gameplay next:
1. Well, it's CryEngine 3, and I've played Crysis 3 a lot, so I thought the game would be well optimized and that sort of stuff. WRONG!!! This game's FPS are all over my apartment, 20-40 FPS with insane lag spikes at key moments. Even me and my CryEngine 2 can make better maps than that stupid developer! (better regarding AI, textures, stealth paths, sniper positions).
2. The worst ****ing hitboxes ever! You can't hit a running guy if you aim at him or in front of him. I got lucky shots only aiming behind them. And again, because I am a hardcore Battlefield and Call of Duty sniper, just when I thought I missed them, I see they drop dead. I was like: "I AM THE BEST" (lol, no, not really).
3. Alright, they STOLE the Sniper Elite "loud zone where nobody hears you", but it's not optimized and the enemies STILL HEAR YOU!!! I tried shooting about fifty times in that loud zone and they still heard me.
3. HOSTAGES! Yeah, you heard me, you can grab an enemy by their throat with your knife. I really stumbled across this and I was like: "Shoot me now Nazis!". True, they killed me every time I tried this. As it turns out, they don't shoot you on sight but after about 5 seconds they just magically shoot you in the face and you die, no matter how you're keeping the hostage, they're shooting through him and the hostage still doesn't die.
4. Melee kills have NO SOUND, and enemies drop dead instantly, even worse than in Battlefield 3.
5. This is Playstation 3, if you didn't notice. I have a lot of games, each with their own button layouts and other stuff, but I always modify these because I'm not used to them. NOT IN THIS GAME! I don't know what the developers where thinking, but you can't be used to THE DEVELOPER'S PERSONAL LAYOUT! Crysis 3 had a great layout I didn't even want to change it but this? You can only view it, not change it.
6. They said stealth. When I HEAR STEALTH, I either think at Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell or Crysis. But no, their stealth is running nuts, and every enemy that doesn't look at you, are deaf. Or another "stealth" example is hearing me standing still, while he's 5 meters away and not looking at me.
7. You can throw stones to distract enemies. SO WHAT!?! I ALREADY HAVE SNIPER ELITE I DON'T NEED ANOTHER ONE!!!
8. CryEngine written all over the damn game but the textures are so horrible in some cases that you just want to kill yourself. Another thing, the edges of the screen are a bit blurred out, I don't know if this is to increase or decrease frame-rate, but I think it's to stop you see bad textures. Also, facial expressions: crap. If someone wants to lip-read one of the Nazis they might end up with this: "I want pasta restaurant cheeseburger now."
9. The storyline is boring. I got bored since the intro. In the first mission, they just drop you in a fight directly. No tutorial. Also, it seems mostly borrowed from other games, like the third missions seems a bit too common.
10. They said full arsenal. SAID. I only got 4-5 guns in the beginning until middle-game. Then I found a few more but not more than 9. When you say ARSENAL, I think at least 5 guns of each type: Pistols, Assault Rifles, SMGs, Machine guns, Shotguns, Snipers etc. But no, this isn't that type of game. I understand, yes it is a WW2 game but really?
11. Whoever reviewed this game for 9 points, they must be the same, mentally retarded person that doesn't give a **** about his fish-like English or this game. My dog speaks English better than that grammatical failure! They can't be anyone else than the developer, because who cares about this game!?! If you want a REAL WW2 shooter game, go get Medal of Honor and Call of Duty 2, and maybe other I didn't know about, just not this.… Expand