8.5

1. Jun 29, 2014
    Best open world game ever made. Crafting items and upgrades, customizing guns, and earning skill points are a LOT of fun. The side missions are amazing, especially liberating Outposts and Wanted Dead Quests. The soundtrack is the one of the best ever made. You are also able to hunt animals, and drive a wide variety of vehicles. The graphics are the best I've ever seen in a game. The combat is good, and so is the story. Very few cons in this game. A MUST BUY. Expand
  2. Jun 24, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is a very fun but badly designed game, the game was advertised as a First Person Shooter with survival elements but after you play the game, you notices the broken design choices, it obvious that Ubisoft dumb down the game for more casual players from Call of Duty and Far Cry 2 haters.

The Broken design choices comes in the ability to Fast-Travel and the Machine Shops, to put
    it simpler, in the Game you have to capture enemy outposts to unlock new Sidequest and a Fast-Travel point, also, in every Fast-Travel point there is a Machine that allows you to buy and change your weapons, however, in the game there are some isolated shops on the islands, and they have no reason to exist since you can Fast-Travel to an Captured Outpost and Change/Buy your weapons there, the other thing is the amount of details you never see since you re always fast traveling from one point to another like seeing Rebel Islanders (The Rakyat) partying and shooting to the air, seeing Islanders (you can save) that are about to be executed by Pirates/Mercenaries and some other minor random events you never see because of the fast-travel.

The Characters and Story are there but varely, Jason s friends and the Doctor appears and disappears from the Story without rime or reason, Vaas, the guy in the Cover of the game, only appears a few times and later confusinly dies (one of the developer had to confirm that he died) and theres all this talk about the indiscriminate killing of Islanders and the war the Rakyat rages against both the Pirates and Mercenaries but you never see a skirmish between the factions except for one mission in the game.

Overall, since this is the PS3 version, the game will work fine for most of the time until you try the Map Editor and the Multiplayer, The Map Editor will cause an permanent framerate drop on the single player until you decide to restart the game and the Multiplayer sometimes will get stuck in the Map loading screen for no apparent reason.
  3. Jun 20, 2014
    Great visuals but repetitive missions and bad characters.Far cry 3 had the potential to be one of the greatest game ever but something makes it bad.This thing is probably the story because it's too repetitive.
  4. Jun 20, 2014
    I'm just gonna add one thing: the best controls for a character in all my PS3 games. They're intuitive, well mapped, and the character does what you're expecting. Should be a standard for all future action games! At last, no more cursor/messages telling you where to go, what to do, and what button to push. Back to old school!
  5. Jun 15, 2014
    So me and my girlfriend bought this game to test it out.
    The game throw you right into action, which is not that bad, abit to rushed though.
    The game is filled with action, but kinda repeats itself alittle to much.
    you have about 41 different kinds of animals you can "slay" and use for different kinds of crafting meterials, some of the same animals like tigers that clearly is different,
    but have the same kind of skin disappoints me a little..

Missions and side stories are in general ok, but some is REALLY frustrating compared to the rest.

The game focuses alot on doing stuff around besides saving your friends, which makes little sence to me, your friends are freaking captured, if you gonna save them, whats the point of activating radio towers while your friends are held captive?

ANYWAYS, the game really focuses on rushing you into things, give you small thrills and hypes during intense moments, but the controlls and how you move around, doesn't quite fit in.
    if this game was supposed to be given to someone as a gift it would mainly be because you hated the person and wanted them to suffer abit.

We also tried to check how the Multiplayer for online worked, and we used quite a while to even find out where we had to click to join eachothers, you didn't even get up a notice on "you have an invite" or "Person has invited you to play" nope, you have to go on multiplayer - Multiplayer - Friends - The friend that has invited you - accept invite...
    and people quick joins so fast that its mearly impossible to freaking join your friend.. which really sucks.
    couldn't they just have made the same system as Call of Duty? you get a mail in your inbox to join a friend..
    atleast that was simple and it worked.

sorry but it won't be a high grade from me on this.
  6. May 16, 2014
    One of the best game of 2012! Amazing gameplay, story line and open huge world..
  7. May 14, 2014
    Ubisoft has took a giant step forward from Far Cry 2. Unlike its precessor, Far Cry 3 is an enjoyable, polished and interesting adventure with loads of ways to play it.
    The plot's quality is over the average of this kind of games and the ending is awesome.
    Summarizing, a must have.
  8. Apr 18, 2014
    The immaturity and unbelievability of the main character and his friends destroys what could have been a solid story. One minute you're off killing dozens of islanders in ways that even elite special forces would be hard pressed to manage, and the very next moment you are back to talking like a college frat boy; it's very irritating. The graphics are bright and colorful, but the side missions are either typical searches for worthless collectibles, or the "thrill" of jumping your way to the top of radio towers to press a button. The best part about this game was the chaining of kills by using throwing knives which was admittedly a cool feature, but it wasn't often that enemies would be grouped close enough together to pull it off. The multiplayer co-op was a snooze fest, and I didn't bother with any of the other deathmatch since their weren't any trophies for it, but I heard it was terrible anyway. I had intended to try out the map editor when I first started the game, but after completing everything else I just wasn't motivated. All in all, a good looking but shallow open-world game with very little replay value. Expand
  9. Apr 6, 2014
    A must have. Everything is perfect, the island, the weapons, the playability. Maybe the second island and the end was what I liked less. Anyway, a great game.
  10. Mar 23, 2014
    It's the best shooter I played in a while ! It has great mechanics, great graphics and cool weapons. Since it's an open world, you can concentrate on doing the main missions or doing a lots of sidequests.
  11. Mar 15, 2014
    I have to say I just bought this game used having previously played Farcry 2. Unlike Farcry 2 which can get boring and repetitive around halfway, this game entertained me the whole way. Great fun, bags of stuff to do. I'd recommend to anyone and it's a guarantee that you'll love it
  12. Mar 2, 2014
    Really good game. PROS: story, gameplay, graphics, audio, world. CONS: Framerate, pop in textures, co-op, multiplayer. Ending is a little weak but overall great game
  13. Feb 19, 2014
    This game is amazing. I love the environment the game provides and the combat is cool (getting in / out of cover and melee etc.) I like the single player / free roam of the island, a lot of variety of animals with their own AI and enemies in suitable places! The co-op multiplayer is really fun when you are together, it features good minigames throughout the missions.
    In my opinion, this
    game is familiar with dead island. Same style and animation & its scenes are great!
    But what I don't like about the game is the frame rate, it's slow and it makes me extremely uncomfortable (like around 20 - 30 fps) it makes me dizzy over time and I just feel like playing anything else.
    The melee like I said is great with the knife and all, there are a variety of customizable weapons which are cool! The game is ok, but the frame rate is a big con for me...
  14. Feb 11, 2014
    One of the best FPS ever made worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as great FPS such as Bioshock or Half Life 2. Open world exploration and amount of content has been vastly improved over Far Cry 2. Amazing graphics, a very interesting story, fun mini games. The only bad thing about FC3 is it's multiplayer, it's terrible. The single player campaign is so strong however that it makes up for all the flaws in the MP. Expand
  15. Feb 9, 2014
    Perfect. There is literally no other word to describe this game. Graphics that puts XBOX ONE launch titles to shame. Gameplay that is always unique. An amazingly diverse world, a great story, fantastic characters all with amazing preformances, perfect physics and overall just a very fun game and one that i strongly recommend to any FPS fan looking for something beyond just multiplayer speaking of which even the multiplayer aspect of this game is done to absolute perfection with its own separate story with multiple characters to choose from. Need I say more plus now its only 30 or 40 bucks which is a huge steal. Expand
  16. Jan 13, 2014
    I really tried to like this game. At the beginning, this game looked so promising and amazingly good. I am generally easy to please, but there were too many fundamental flaws that bothered me significantly.

The most egregious flaw is the terribly overcompensating poor AI. I could snipe a guard from 200m away and it barely misses the enemy yet fifteen enemies in an entire compound know
    EXACTLY where I am immediately after the miss (with a silencer no less!). I’ve played plenty of stealth games before, but the mechanics in this one are one of the worst because it significantly hampers the stealth aspects.

Farcy 3 is mostly a sandbox game. It is fun at first, but many elements like finding relics are tacked on. Overtaking enemy compounds are wildly fun at first, but quickly become tedious.

The game is kind of split into two parts. The meat of the story is in the first half. I found no reason to play the second half as the story tapers off significantly, and the difficulty skyrockets to laughable heights. This left me very little reason to keep going.

Everything about the weapons is top notch. Their looks, feel, and use are one of the best of any shooter. This was one of the best aspects of the game.

Although somewhat unimportant, another head-scratcher was the wild animals that deplete your health way too easily. Getting attacked by a komodo dragon is worse than getting a point black bullet by an AK47. Additionally, falling from very short heights took away a lot of health.

The game seems like the graphics should be good. They are very pretty if not moving. I had an insanely bad framerate/screen tearing problem that was far and away the worst of any PS3 game I’ve played this gen. It was almost unplayable.

The game is mostly good, but the bad parts are really bad in my opinion. The premise was amazing, but the execution was mediocre.
  17. Jan 9, 2014
    Honestly, this is one of the greatest games I have ever played. It's an open world where you have infinite choices and the story is great. A true masterpiece !!!
  18. Jan 5, 2014
    I got this game for my 19th birthday I love it but I must say it is bloody hard though and the missions were quite hard as well but its a amazing game
  19. Dec 31, 2013
    If I could, I would give this game an 8.5, but alas Metacritic forces me to pick between and 8 and a 9. I ultimately went with an 8. The game is fairly large, but unfortunately the biggest problem here is that much of the wild is simply not worth exploring. A large host of weapons can be utilized throughout the game, and each has a different and distinct feel to it. The game let's you play how you want. For those preforming a speedrun, the campaign can be run through without much thought otherwise, but those who want to experience all the game has to offer will be able to hunt, capture enemy bases, visit radio towers, race, preform supply drops, etc. Expand
  20. Dec 26, 2013
    I have played a lot of games this year, but Far Cry 3 was definitely the game that kept me enjoyed far longer than any other game I have played.
    Overall, a very beautiful game. I really enjoyed in general the contrast between the (at times fairly grim) story and the sunny landscape. Ubisoft really made work of creating original antagonists and put some nice variation in the main
    storyline. So in short, a very enjoyable & lengthy single player campaign.
    Multiplayer is split in two parts. There is the (online) coöp multiplayer which also presents a (shallow) story which lets you go through a new campaign with four players. Quite enjoyable overall and good difficulty rating.
    Than there is the competitive MP, there are some variations but you can find the majority of the players in team deathmatch. Overall, there are at times a few technical difficulties (long loading times, screen freeze) but in general well worked out.
  21. Dec 13, 2013
    I just started playing this game and I am already hooked. There are no dull moments. On several occasions I have come close to jumping out of my chair and run down the hall screaming like a little girl. crocodile, sharks). Very intense graphics and mechanics pretty nice.
  22. Dec 9, 2013
    Geniales Spiel
    Sehr Sehr gute Story gameplay macht einfach nur Spaß
    vor allem die Piratenlager guter umfang mein persönliches lieblingsspiel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  23. Dec 7, 2013
    Amazing game, you're free to do want you want, all the missions are really different (hunting, sneaking between enemies...). Many interesting side missions. Just great
  24. Dec 5, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game, the graphics are good, the story is good and its difficulty is prefect. You cant go wrong buying this game i havent put enough words in this so im just going
  25. Nov 20, 2013
    Bien, para ser un juego tipo shooter y sanbox es un juegazo, uno de los mejores del año, aunque para mi es juego del año Goty sin duda (aun no jugue al AC3) Jugabilidad: de lo mejor del juego, es divertido, engancha desde el principio, es facil de manejar, al poco tiempo parece que lo has jugado desde siempre, la Isla es inmensa, la trama hace que te enganches y quieras saber que mas sucede. Tecnologia: El juego en general es muy fluido, no tuvo ningun error, ni lag ni nada por el estilo, al menos yo no aprecie nada de eso (el juego lo tengo por descarga) Gráficos: Son excelente, aunque algunas texturas son un poco casi PS2 como pasa en Resident Evil 6, pero en general unos graficos excelentes, con gran detalle, para que la Isla parezca tener vida propia. Sonido: El dobaje al español es simplemente excelente, de lo mejor que he visto hoy en dia, como habla Vaast, Hoyt o Jason...simplemente genial, el ambiente sonoro de la Isla te hace parecer aue estas en una de verdad, simplemente genial. Innovación: Este apartado lo borda, nunca jugue al 1 y al 2 solo el principio, pero no conozco ningun juego que sea Shooter/Sandox en una Isla repleta de animales (Osos, Tiburones, Tigres, Cerdos...etc) los cuales puedes matar, cazar... Conclusión: El mejor juego del año de largo para mi es Far Cry 3, aunque aun me queda por probar Assassins Creed 3, pero dificil tiene que supere esta obra maestra. PD: Para pasarme el juego completo y conseguir el Platino he tardado 30 horas, sin contar la mitad de las misiones secundarias y los modos cooperativos y multijugador, por ello, un juego muy completo y recomendable 100% compra obligada Expand
  26. Nov 18, 2013
    This game would be another mediocre FPS if not for the story and the truly amazing visuals, but the ending is harshly disappointing (more than ME3 XD), and the gameplay has many flaws.
  27. Nov 6, 2013
    I can't even begin to describe how great this game is. Open world to explore, good selection of weapons, animals to hunt, stealth gameplay that works amazingly, and a wingsuit. The plot is decent, nothing to write home about. The gameplay is really fun and fluid. The visuals are some of the best on consoles. The multiplayer is fantastic as well.
  28. Nov 5, 2013
    This game has a great story and a beautiful, big open world! If you love open world games, then you should definitely buy this! So much to do in Far Cry 3... Hunting, collectibles, Take a boat and just go anywhere you want... Then why not a 10 or 9? The MP isn't a lot of fun and the co-op hasn't got a quite exciting story either
  29. Nov 5, 2013
    wanna know what the definition of insanity is? playing this game over and over again, Yes!!! its that good!!!!........................................
  30. Nov 4, 2013
    Far cry 3 is one of the best games. I usually do not write reviews however i could not but write one. I couldnt
    Give it anything but a 10. At first i felt it is complex however after being immensed in the game and the pleasure it is really a great game. I would rank it next after skyrim if not same. If anybody has similar games please sharE. I usually dont like ubisoft games like assasins
    creed but this one blew me of my seat. Far fry 3 you will always remain a nice memory in my gaming mind. Bravoo Expand

1. Brilliant in concept, truly great in execution despite a few stumbles. A must own title. [January 2013, p68]
  2. Jan 7, 2013
    Despite being hampered by a well meaning, but ultimately interfering, plot, Far Cry 3 has evolved into a decadent, playful and exciting title. Be it quality programming, dumb luck or a mixture of them both, the game plunges you into a thick, gloopy world of sugary gameplay, shimmering visuals, intoxicating audio as well as a great deal more. It's long, stupid and buckets of fun - just what you need to burn away the winter blues.
  3. Jan 3, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a terrific and is one of the best games I've played in a long time. Far Cry 3's main draw is the deep and engaging campaign, but the multiplayer modes are also serviceable enough to keep you playing for a long time.