Far Cry 3 PlayStation 3

8.5

1. Jul 22, 2016
    far cry 3 is the best far cry game yet some peapls saying the second one is better just because the map editer i dont about the map editer or all that **** because they are wrong there are spoilers in these review because the game releised before 4 years so you been played the game so lets talking about the gameplay u feel yourself bad ass u can takedown enemys shooting throwing molotovfar cry 3 is the best far cry game yet some peapls saying the second one is better just because the map editer i dont about the map editer or all that **** because they are wrong there are spoilers in these review because the game releised before 4 years so you been played the game so lets talking about the gameplay u feel yourself bad ass u can takedown enemys shooting throwing molotov greande and c4 the had alot of weapons and awsome skill points or your tattoo are helpful and let the gameplay alot fun like making takedown and launch the greande in enemys pocket and kick there ass or making 3 enemy in the same time the game had a solid stealth mechanic u can hunt animals alot animals or pick up syring kit to craft them the greenleaf to regenerate your health bar and animals for crafting animals skin to craft your wallet to pickup more money or rootsack to hold more stuff and u can them in the shop the game it self had amazing graphics and stuuing visual u can ride vechles like cars boats and baggi the openworld is big tons of acctivities and detail u can play with your friends co op the includs a pointless multplayer it just not that great okay when u finish the game u unlock the wingsuit which is very great this game is **** awsome one of the best games in the year Expand
  2. Jul 4, 2016
    Excellent game however campaign relies on side missions or you will fail.

PROS
    -Decent graphics
    -variety of guns
    -excellent voice acting
    -thrilling story

CONS
    -Too many side missions
  3. Jun 30, 2016
    Beautiful scenery, interesting and unique characters, exciting and non-repetitive plot, good range of weapons, endless amount of things to do besides the main story, fun gameplay such as killing the animals and performing take downs on enemies... idk man i could go on forever this game is great :P
  4. Jun 19, 2016
    Far Cry 3 é a mistura perfeita de Shooter em primeira pessoa, personagens icônicos (Did i ever tell you the definition of insanity?), Sand-Box e elementos de RPG. Com toda certeza um dos jogos Must Have do PS3.
    Acho que o único ponto extremamente irritante no jogo é o fato do Jason ter um pé de manteiga, ele não aguenta pular de alturas maiores que o mineiro de Spelunker e também não consegue subir morros com inclinações de 30 graus.
    9,8/10
  5. May 30, 2016
    Awesome game even better than Uncharted 3 which also is quite good action FPS type game. I like the ability to explore a massive island, drive jeeps and fly hang gliders, hunt, craft items and good action. Only frustrating things are hunting is super difficult and some weapons suck like the bow and the shooting action is difficult. The graphics and animation is beautiful and very realistic.
  6. May 22, 2016
    Amazing game ! I had no expectation for that one and was gladly surprised ! It kinds of remind me of Read Dead Redemption but in first person shooter on an island instead of a third person cowboy.
  7. Apr 25, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The good: Story is amazing. Gunfights, tactics, upgrading basically all of it.
    The Bad: When you kill the boss you feel the game is missing something.
    The game has been set up really well.
  8. Mar 9, 2016
    Its g8 m8, I rate 8/8. I must say... i dont h8. hvor er det du skal nå kjetil. JEG VIL HA IS. du kan ikke få is nå, det er kaldt ute og du har nettop spist frokost. MEN JEG HAR LYST PÅ IS.
  9. Feb 24, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Go and get this game right now, I beg you! It's an amazing game, without a doubt. If you've enjoyed Far Cry 4 or Primal, then this is definitely worth your time. If you're a newcomer to the series, then this is also a great starting point. In this game you play as Jason Brody on vacation at a island with his best friends and two brothers. Pretty great, right? Wrong. This game turns dark fast, as you realize that Jason and his friends have been captured by pirates, and their leader, Vaas, who is a psychopath. You're one brother, who has had military training, then breaks free of his restraints and helps Jason out of his. They then sneak around the pirate camp to try to set their friends free, but that comes to a close as Jason and his brother get spotted. As they're trying to run, Jason's brother gets shot and dies, leaving Jason on his own to survive. Pretty awesome exposition. At the very beginning, Jason is a civilian, a victim of these pirates, but by the end, he is transformed into a ruthless killer who starts to even question himself. And that's what I love of this game, the sense of morality. In Far Cry 4, you just go to Kyrat and start killing people. The main character, Ajay, never questions himself and thinks about who he's killed. But Jason does, and that's what makes this game perfect. By the end, he even goes as far as calling himself a monster. But, with that aside, the game mechanics are also great. The shooting is better as ever, the hunting is good (though not as good as Far Cry Primal's hunting), and the missions are refreshing. As the game goes on, Jason is tasked with trying to save his friends and take down the pirate leader, Vaas, and later Vaas' boss. And the graphics are BEAUTIFUL! They really are. The tropical island setting is very well portrayed through these graphics. Then, there are also two other modes in this game: co-op and multiplayer. In co-op, you can play with up to 4 people as 4 brand new characters who don't appear in the campaign at all, which is a great addition, because you learn a new story. The co-op is very fun to do, especially with friends, because you can have a lot of fun. And the multiplayer is surprisingly good, especially for a game series that has never had a competitive multiplayer mode. It's very fun and refreshing when most competitive multiplayer games these days are just Call of Duty re-skins. This game is worth every penny that they're asking you for it right now, and I can say that you should go buy this game, whether you're a veteran to the series or a newcomer, get this game! Expand
  10. Feb 2, 2016
    In my opinion this is the best game of 2012 and the best game in the Far Cry series. This is because of the amazing open world and the great story although it was not perfect it could get a bit repetitive in some parts of story for example there were a lot of very slow missions were you have to sneak round with out being seen now I am fine with this but I think there were slightly to many of them.
  11. Jan 22, 2016
    Far Cry 3 has been out for quite some time now but I didn't get around to play it till about 4 weeks ago. I had already played Far Cry 4 before I started playing Far Cry. I expected this game to be pretty much the same as Far Cry 4 in terms of gameplay and open world since Far Cry 4 has been criticized quite a lot with being a total 'Far Cry 3 copy' in terms of gameplay. However, Far Cry 3Far Cry 3 has been out for quite some time now but I didn't get around to play it till about 4 weeks ago. I had already played Far Cry 4 before I started playing Far Cry. I expected this game to be pretty much the same as Far Cry 4 in terms of gameplay and open world since Far Cry 4 has been criticized quite a lot with being a total 'Far Cry 3 copy' in terms of gameplay. However, Far Cry 3 blew me away. Sure, a lot of things were indeed exactly the same or even a bit worse (since it was an earlier installment in the series of course), but the gameplay just felt great again just like it did with Far Cry 4. Also, the open world big enough to have quite some fun exploring and roaming around. But the thing Far Cry 3 really outshined on was the story. Far Cry 4 really disappointed me with the story but Far Cry 3 did (almost) everything right. The story was fun, exciting and really worth to play through. However, some aspects of the story were pretty vague and never really explained. I also felt they could have ended the game a bit better than they ultimately did but it was still pretty good.
    But then, on my way to the platinum, there was the ultimate fun destroyer: the co-op missions. Not because I don't like co-op in general, but because Far Cry 3's co-op is one of the worst I've ever had to play through. The co-op mission were boring, and when playing online, two of the six mission-trophies glitched on me. When I played them online again up to three times, they kept glitching -_- . Finally I found someone who was willing to play those two mission offline with me which finally granted me the platinum trophy.
    If not for the horrible co-op missions, I would have given Far Cry 3 a 9 for enjoyment. If you still have/want to play Far Cry 3 but don't intend to go for the platinum trophy, please skip the co-op missions :P.
  12. Jan 21, 2016
    This game as one of the best villains made in the history of gaming! Far cry 3 is a good FPS, with a good story and great graphics. There are moments the you literally just "BOOM" (that's the sound of your mind exploding). I totally recommend this game 8/10 (Multiplayer is almost dead at the time of this review so...yeah - but it was pretty good and responsive.
  13. Nov 2, 2015
    hoped that, being this the third instalment of a sequel, it might have a chance of actually being something good. The only good thing that comes out of it is the idea behind it all, which is a shame. It feels and looks like you're playing a 128 bits console and it is so repetitive... the whole picking items up and crafting stuff is confusing, boring and not very believable. You can hidehoped that, being this the third instalment of a sequel, it might have a chance of actually being something good. The only good thing that comes out of it is the idea behind it all, which is a shame. It feels and looks like you're playing a 128 bits console and it is so repetitive... the whole picking items up and crafting stuff is confusing, boring and not very believable. You can hide but there is no cover option, which makes a whole sense in this type of game. Expand
  14. Aug 14, 2015
    Having read most of the reviews for this game I decided to give it a try.. It turns out that this game is one of the best games Ubisoft has ever made!!! With stunning visuals, compelling storyline amazing characters (for instance Vaas) , lots of things to do ,even after the main story is over , I strongly believe that this game deserves 10/10!!! Of course if you're done with the campaignHaving read most of the reviews for this game I decided to give it a try.. It turns out that this game is one of the best games Ubisoft has ever made!!! With stunning visuals, compelling storyline amazing characters (for instance Vaas) , lots of things to do ,even after the main story is over , I strongly believe that this game deserves 10/10!!! Of course if you're done with the campaign you can always try out the multiplayer and the co-op modes!!! To sum up , this game really redefines the open world games and the entire genre ,as it has numerous things to do, and you should clearly give it a try !!!! Expand
  15. Aug 11, 2015
    Far Cry 3

Game-play : The FPS mechanics in this game are excellent with the stealth option and a lot of weapons to support your play style and an environment that can be use as your advantage or even against you, you will be lost in this great world for hours. Story : The story is great an epic adventure in an island and the greatest villain of 2012 will entertain you for 13 to 14
    Far Cry 3

Story : The story is great an epic adventure in an island and the greatest villain of 2012 will entertain you for 13 to 14 hours .

Graphics : The graphics are great like the rest of the game .

Notes : This game have a huge map and lot of weapons to make you feel like bad-ass and an excellent crafting system. So why this game scores 8 and not 9 or 10 ? Because of the radio towers i do not see the need to make all ubi-soft games assassin's creed more importantly the side missions are boring as hell , the online has nothing special except the creation mode witch you can make your own map to play and last but not least some point in the story that i do not what to spoil for you. This game is great and worth the full price.
  16. Jun 21, 2015
    Far Cry 3 is generally most favored of the three latest Far Cry games. IMO it's the worst. The jungle is too boring and repetitive. The combat is okay, but it is way too easy. As is the whole game. It is too easy and the lack of challenge really hurts the gameplay. Many people are praising Vaas as the ultimate villain in video games. The voice acting of the character sure is good, but itFar Cry 3 is generally most favored of the three latest Far Cry games. IMO it's the worst. The jungle is too boring and repetitive. The combat is okay, but it is way too easy. As is the whole game. It is too easy and the lack of challenge really hurts the gameplay. Many people are praising Vaas as the ultimate villain in video games. The voice acting of the character sure is good, but it can't make the game amazing. There is one dialogue with Vaas and the game's other antagonist which made me laugh and tip my hat, but that's it. The story is alright I guess, but Ubisoft made some pretty cheap cop out concerning the story.

This is something that I just cannot overlook. The game builds up to awesome confrontation with the villain. And how does this play out? In a hallucination/dream sequence. That was something that royally pissed me off. As a player you are pinned down by enemies and the main boss. Then from a flick of a switch you transport into a dreamworld with shining disco lights and quick time events. Then after you have killed every single enemy in this disco dream, you wake up in the and see a blood-splattered room with all the enemies dead. That is something unacceptable and I'm disgusted how many people are either too stupid to care or just let that fly. That singlehandedly killed the story for me and the game offered nothing to redeem itself.

Worst Far Cry ever made there is no question.
  17. May 24, 2015
    This is GTA goes to the jungle. I actually had a lot more fun with this game than with GTA. I found it doesn't take itself too seriously and the wild animals really get you scarred and worried. I got frightened on more than one occasion by wild unexpected attacks. It was awesome.
    I loved how the maps can be bought (within the game) to help you find things needed to 100% the game, rather than tedious exploring which quickly gets boring. The variety of side challenges, quests and high score levels all polish it off.
    Overall this game is just fun to play. You won't want it end.
  18. Apr 30, 2015
    So here we are again with another instalment from the Far Cry universe that definitely goes beyond the previous games. With a relatable protagonist, a story that truly draws you in from the very first moments of the game, Far Cry 3 also contains a very sturdy game engine that almost makes it the perfect game. It just flows so well from the first to the last level... and the vehicles areSo here we are again with another instalment from the Far Cry universe that definitely goes beyond the previous games. With a relatable protagonist, a story that truly draws you in from the very first moments of the game, Far Cry 3 also contains a very sturdy game engine that almost makes it the perfect game. It just flows so well from the first to the last level... and the vehicles are just awesome. Expand
  19. Jan 22, 2015
    This game was so good. The setting was amazing, i loved the tropical open world. Animals were exotic and sometimes deadly. VAS was an awesome villain! A comical serial killing psychopath. As you progress through the game you learn more moves and become stronger as the chosen warrior. Setting 10, Story 8, Characters 8, gameplay 9
  20. Jan 22, 2015
    Even now,when the franchise is now a quadrilogy . FarCry 3 is still the best out of the 2 that came before it and even it's sequel (FarCry 4) . Jason is good,as a protagonist but the main impact here is on Vaas . Oh my God,Vaas is so well done . Better,lesser or equal to the already "BEST VILLAIN OF THE YEAR" contender,which is Handsome Jack from Borderlands 2. But with that said,UBISOFTEven now,when the franchise is now a quadrilogy . FarCry 3 is still the best out of the 2 that came before it and even it's sequel (FarCry 4) . Jason is good,as a protagonist but the main impact here is on Vaas . Oh my God,Vaas is so well done . Better,lesser or equal to the already "BEST VILLAIN OF THE YEAR" contender,which is Handsome Jack from Borderlands 2. But with that said,UBISOFT really did their best on this game and they suceeded greatly with nearly no errors at all. Just small gameplay issues or just issues with the main "UPGRADE" system . (THE RAKYAT UPGRADE-not really its official name) .

Overall,this game deserves an honest 9/10 . Damn near to perfect if not for the small mishap in the story of the main campaign and just some basic issues with the main gameplay. (Their minor,you won't even know about it)
  21. Oct 7, 2014
    "It's like skyrim with guns" No Far Cry 3 is like Call Of Duty and Grand Theft Auto mixed together. Far Cry has almost everything a good First Person shooter should be like. Magnificent story, great world design, amazing graphics, acceptable A:I, and a map creator for multiplayer. This is a perfect shooting game.
  22. Sep 1, 2014
    Overrated game. Story is okay, but missions are very repetitive. Biggest problem for me is that the frame rate and screen tearing are terrible on PS3. 20 fps is unplayable.
  23. Jun 29, 2014
    Best open world game ever made. Crafting items and upgrades, customizing guns, and earning skill points are a LOT of fun. The side missions are amazing, especially liberating Outposts and Wanted Dead Quests. The soundtrack is the one of the best ever made. You are also able to hunt animals, and drive a wide variety of vehicles. The graphics are the best I've ever seen in a game. The combatBest open world game ever made. Crafting items and upgrades, customizing guns, and earning skill points are a LOT of fun. The side missions are amazing, especially liberating Outposts and Wanted Dead Quests. The soundtrack is the one of the best ever made. You are also able to hunt animals, and drive a wide variety of vehicles. The graphics are the best I've ever seen in a game. The combat is good, and so is the story. Very few cons in this game. A MUST BUY. Expand
  24. Jun 24, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is a very fun but badly designed game, the game was advertised as a First Person Shooter with survival elements but after you play the game, you notices the broken design choices, it obvious that Ubisoft dumb down the game for more casual players from Call of Duty and Far Cry 2 haters.

The Broken design choices comes in the ability to Fast-Travel and the Machine Shops, to put it simpler, in the Game you have to capture enemy outposts to unlock new Sidequest and a Fast-Travel point, also, in every Fast-Travel point there is a Machine that allows you to buy and change your weapons, however, in the game there are some isolated shops on the islands, and they have no reason to exist since you can Fast-Travel to an Captured Outpost and Change/Buy your weapons there, the other thing is the amount of details you never see since you re always fast traveling from one point to another like seeing Rebel Islanders (The Rakyat) partying and shooting to the air, seeing Islanders (you can save) that are about to be executed by Pirates/Mercenaries and some other minor random events you never see because of the fast-travel.

The Characters and Story are there but varely, Jason s friends and the Doctor appears and disappears from the Story without rime or reason, Vaas, the guy in the Cover of the game, only appears a few times and later confusinly dies (one of the developer had to confirm that he died) and theres all this talk about the indiscriminate killing of Islanders and the war the Rakyat rages against both the Pirates and Mercenaries but you never see a skirmish between the factions except for one mission in the game.

Overall, since this is the PS3 version, the game will work fine for most of the time until you try the Map Editor and the Multiplayer, The Map Editor will cause an permanent framerate drop on the single player until you decide to restart the game and the Multiplayer sometimes will get stuck in the Map loading screen for no apparent reason.
  25. Jun 20, 2014
    Great visuals but repetitive missions and bad characters.Far cry 3 had the potential to be one of the greatest game ever but something makes it bad.This thing is probably the story because it's too repetitive.
  26. Jun 20, 2014
    I'm just gonna add one thing: the best controls for a character in all my PS3 games. They're intuitive, well mapped, and the character does what you're expecting. Should be a standard for all future action games! At last, no more cursor/messages telling you where to go, what to do, and what button to push. Back to old school!
  27. Jun 15, 2014
    So me and my girlfriend bought this game to test it out.
    The game throw you right into action, which is not that bad, abit to rushed though.
    The game is filled with action, but kinda repeats itself alittle to much. you have about 41 different kinds of animals you can "slay" and use for different kinds of crafting meterials, some of the same animals like tigers that clearly is different,
    So me and my girlfriend bought this game to test it out.
    The game is filled with action, but kinda repeats itself alittle to much.
    you have about 41 different kinds of animals you can "slay" and use for different kinds of crafting meterials, some of the same animals like tigers that clearly is different, but have the same kind of skin disappoints me a little..

Missions and side stories are in general ok, but some is REALLY frustrating compared to the rest.

The game focuses alot on doing stuff around besides saving your friends, which makes little sence to me, your friends are freaking captured, if you gonna save them, whats the point of activating radio towers while your friends are held captive?

ANYWAYS, the game really focuses on rushing you into things, give you small thrills and hypes during intense moments, but the controlls and how you move around, doesn't quite fit in.
    if this game was supposed to be given to someone as a gift it would mainly be because you hated the person and wanted them to suffer abit.

We also tried to check how the Multiplayer for online worked, and we used quite a while to even find out where we had to click to join eachothers, you didn't even get up a notice on "you have an invite" or "Person has invited you to play" nope, you have to go on multiplayer - Multiplayer - Friends - The friend that has invited you - accept invite...
    and people quick joins so fast that its mearly impossible to freaking join your friend.. which really sucks.
    couldn't they just have made the same system as Call of Duty? you get a mail in your inbox to join a friend..
    atleast that was simple and it worked.

sorry but it won't be a high grade from me on this.
  28. May 16, 2014
    One of the best game of 2012! Amazing gameplay, story line and open huge world..
  29. May 14, 2014
    Ubisoft has took a giant step forward from Far Cry 2. Unlike its precessor, Far Cry 3 is an enjoyable, polished and interesting adventure with loads of ways to play it.
    The plot's quality is over the average of this kind of games and the ending is awesome.
    Summarizing, a must have.
  30. Apr 18, 2014
    The immaturity and unbelievability of the main character and his friends destroys what could have been a solid story. One minute you're off killing dozens of islanders in ways that even elite special forces would be hard pressed to manage, and the very next moment you are back to talking like a college frat boy; it's very irritating. The graphics are bright and colorful, but the sideThe immaturity and unbelievability of the main character and his friends destroys what could have been a solid story. One minute you're off killing dozens of islanders in ways that even elite special forces would be hard pressed to manage, and the very next moment you are back to talking like a college frat boy; it's very irritating. The graphics are bright and colorful, but the side missions are either typical searches for worthless collectibles, or the "thrill" of jumping your way to the top of radio towers to press a button. The best part about this game was the chaining of kills by using throwing knives which was admittedly a cool feature, but it wasn't often that enemies would be grouped close enough together to pull it off. The multiplayer co-op was a snooze fest, and I didn't bother with any of the other deathmatch since their weren't any trophies for it, but I heard it was terrible anyway. I had intended to try out the map editor when I first started the game, but after completing everything else I just wasn't motivated. All in all, a good looking but shallow open-world game with very little replay value. Expand

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Jan 28, 2013
    Brilliant in concept, truly great in execution despite a few stumbles. A must own title. [January 2013, p68]
  2. Jan 7, 2013
    Despite being hampered by a well meaning, but ultimately interfering, plot, Far Cry 3 has evolved into a decadent, playful and exciting title. Be it quality programming, dumb luck or a mixture of them both, the game plunges you into a thick, gloopy world of sugary gameplay, shimmering visuals, intoxicating audio as well as a great deal more. It's long, stupid and buckets of fun - just what you need to burn away the winter blues.
  3. Jan 3, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a terrific and is one of the best games I've played in a long time. Far Cry 3's main draw is the deep and engaging campaign, but the multiplayer modes are also serviceable enough to keep you playing for a long time.