6.5

1. Sep 15, 2014
    I have been playing PES 2013 and Fifa 13 over the past year as the 2014 versions of both were quite poor. So I have quite enjoyed Fifa 13, mainly playing Manager Mode and played a few games online on Seasons. I am not generally a big online player so mostly I play against the CPU. I would say that so far it's probably the best Fifa on the ps3, however if you have owned each and every oneI have been playing PES 2013 and Fifa 13 over the past year as the 2014 versions of both were quite poor. So I have quite enjoyed Fifa 13, mainly playing Manager Mode and played a few games online on Seasons. I am not generally a big online player so mostly I play against the CPU. I would say that so far it's probably the best Fifa on the ps3, however if you have owned each and every one then you have probably become bored with the series by now, as we all know there is very little which changes each year. Whilst I don't expect a complete overhaul each year, it can become difficult to justify buying Fifa year in year out. After trying Fifa 14 I more or less sold it within the month - overpowered headers etc. So I picked up Fifa 13 quite cheap. If you are not too bothered about the up to date transfers it's a good way to go as it's so much more for your money compared to the latest release. And in my opinion Fifa 13 is better than Fifa 14 in terms of gameplay.

With future versions of Fifa I hope they put more depth into the gameplay. After a while it seems like you have seen everything the game has to offer, it can become predictable. You also get scripting which can be really annoying. If the CPU wants to score then sometimes there is very little you can do about it, defending is still probably under powered in comparison to attacking. The atmosphere of the game could be drastically improved, get rid of the half empty stadiums when it is an actual league or cup match. On occasion it feels like you are scripted to lose a game, no matter what you do. I still enjoy this game for the most part, playing Manager Mode. There is not the global scouting network or whatever in this version so you can see a players stats anyway before you make the purchase. The Manager Mode progresses quickly meaning not too much time between games. On the pitch not generally many problems but only slight differences between this and all the other Fifa games.

Recently played the Fifa 15 demo on ps3 and initially was on the fence. However it has grown on me a bit. Still don't know at what stage I will upgrade to ps4. Fifa 15 does seem quite different and once I had played a few games I think it generally seems like a step forward.

Overall I give Fifa 13 8.1 out of 10 (rounded to 8)
  2. May 30, 2014
    EA has done spectacularly with FIFA 13. The graphics are breath taking and the commentary is immersive. I love game modes such as ultimate team and pro clubs. This game has a nice social aspect to it. Very good game!
  3. May 14, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am writing Soccer Showcase Review as I can’t forget the moment which I have spent there. They really made life and fulfill my ambition comes true. I am a die-hard fan of Football and really want to play with big football clubs in order to get name and fame. I joined Elite Training Academy with the similar aim, trained well, groomed my skills and at last got noticed by the coach of one professional club who offered me to join them and play matches for them. Expand
  4. Mar 13, 2014
    This game is very, very, very addictive unfortunately. I play, lose, get mad, turn off console, and then play again hoping I might not lose 3-0 again to some sucky team. But I do lose and there is nothing I can do. The CPU defenders steal the ball way too easily and you can barely dribble. Lose balls always seem to miraculously land right at the CPU, yes even in the box where try thenThis game is very, very, very addictive unfortunately. I play, lose, get mad, turn off console, and then play again hoping I might not lose 3-0 again to some sucky team. But I do lose and there is nothing I can do. The CPU defenders steal the ball way too easily and you can barely dribble. Lose balls always seem to miraculously land right at the CPU, yes even in the box where try then score about 98% of the time. Te CPU is way overpowered . Fifa 13 has replayability but maybe it's just me getting my hopes up over and over. Expand
  5. Dec 4, 2013
    Trash. Just trash. Ball control AI was a terrible let down. I've been playing FIFA since 98 and each year the graphics get hyped, but yet again, the gameplay is a total letdown
  6. Nov 20, 2013
    Simplemente un juego supremo, inmenso, el mejor juego de futbol de la historia, con los modos Ultimate Team muy depurado, el modo Mánager muy mejorado con muchísimas mejoras, entre ellas poder fichar x cambio de un jugador, irte tu mismo cedido, poder jugar con la selección tanto como jugador como entrenador, la jugabilidad es exquisita, tan real que cuesta diferenciar la realidad con loSimplemente un juego supremo, inmenso, el mejor juego de futbol de la historia, con los modos Ultimate Team muy depurado, el modo Mánager muy mejorado con muchísimas mejoras, entre ellas poder fichar x cambio de un jugador, irte tu mismo cedido, poder jugar con la selección tanto como jugador como entrenador, la jugabilidad es exquisita, tan real que cuesta diferenciar la realidad con lo virtual. La tienda EASFC es un puntazo mas a favor, poder comprar cosas e ir desbloqueándolo poco a poco le da un toque de pique, encima también esta a parte la mejora en los gráficos, bastantes mejores que en Fifa 12, es un juego de fútbol que quien no lo tenga es un delito, EA enhorabuena estáis casi rozando la perfección, los únicos puntos débiles serian algunas licencias que faltan, como Napoli, Camp Nou...la Champions y la Europa League...pero en todo caso, un 9 bien merecido. Expand
  7. Oct 28, 2013
    This game does more right than it does wrong.
    While it is weakened by unintelligent AI, especially the user teams defense.
    The first touch and skill tricks are still fun to use, but catastrophic if you fail. Scoring goals always feels good as normally you really have to work for them. The collision's feel more realistic than ever. Overall the game does tend to get boring and a little
    This game does more right than it does wrong.
    While it is weakened by unintelligent AI, especially the user teams defense.
    Scoring goals always feels good as normally you really have to work for them.
    The collision's feel more realistic than ever.
    Overall the game does tend to get boring and a little tedious with all the menu hopping, but that is well outweighed by all the customisable teams, the online and offline play, while Manager and Career mode are still the best Single player features of any sports title.
    One of the better releases on this Gen of console.
  8. Oct 22, 2013
    Don't buy this game. Waste of 60 dollars when I bought it. My first football game and probably my last. Controls are just AWFUL and your team is pretty much mentally challenged when playing against tough teams. Go buy a real ball and play with friends. You'll have more fun and it'll be cheaper. EA SUCKS.
  9. Oct 12, 2013
    'Cos shut up, the controls feel like you are not in control at all, the fact that it gets yearly installments just blows my mind, how can a game with so much praise feel like water running through your anus? I personally recommend SEGA Worldwide Soccer 95 for the SEGA Saturn, far superior
  10. Oct 9, 2013
    FIFA is always a great game. However, to point out a flaw, the new tactical defending is disappointing. It makes its too easy to stay with your man on defense, greatly effecting online play. It often feels like you are playing a computer player.
  11. Aug 20, 2013
    If you play mostly offline as I do you will notice this game is completely different from the previous.
    If you turn down AI level you will easily win each time but with the expert level this game is almost creepy!
    Each time you score, also if you have less than 30 sec left the opposing AI will score!! No matter which team no matter which players, they will always draw the match.
    No matter which team no matter which players, they will always draw the match.
    Seriously EA?
    Even on line there are some serious issues sometimes people disconnects when they are losing and you get a match lost!!!
    Waiting for next, and hopefully better FIFA 14, I sold this one after a week of playing.
  12. Aug 20, 2013
    Oh wow what can I honestly say. This game is the best way to make you feel suicidal. Honestly. It's ridiculous. The amount of times I have 10 shots and batter down someone's goal to then concede with that certain someone's first shot, is beyond belief. I cannot stress enough that this game will make you angry. There is definitely some form of scripting here as well. The referees are BEYONDOh wow what can I honestly say. This game is the best way to make you feel suicidal. Honestly. It's ridiculous. The amount of times I have 10 shots and batter down someone's goal to then concede with that certain someone's first shot, is beyond belief. I cannot stress enough that this game will make you angry. There is definitely some form of scripting here as well. The referees are BEYOND TERRIBLE and I mean that. They will give decisions that are completely and utterly wrong. For instance you can clearly get the ball in the area but no, the refs will still give a penalty and also send your man off. I gave this a 2 because I had a few brief good moments with the game, such as on Career Mode, which was, to be fair, heavily updated from Fifa 12, but is STILL not the finished article! Oh and don't get me started on how bad the defensive AI is, it's just ridiculous and to be honest I've stopped playing because otherwise I'm going to have a stroke. Expand
  13. FRG
    Jul 24, 2013
    is way better than PES 2013,is more realistic and is more fun.Its better than any soccer game i ever played in my life,finally a good one!.Absoluty worth picking up.
  14. Jul 5, 2013
    It is a game with a lot of issues that were not resolved by EA, good gameplay, variety of teams, online game is poor, always failing, but overall is a good game that does not bring any changes since Fifa 12.
  15. Jul 3, 2013
  16. Jun 30, 2013
    FIFA has the best soundtrack of all games and the gameplay is getting even more real. FIFA 13 is much better than FIFA 12, the previous version was a kind of mechanized. Hope FIFA 14 gets even more real!
  17. Jun 3, 2013
    Good game but sometimes excellent W. a. A. Olol
  18. May 20, 2013
    I've been playing fifa since years but has been really disappointed in EA.
    I've been playing fifa since years but has been really disappointed in EA.
    Especially the Handicap in the game. It's known that you get a ban when talking about it on the EA forums, but why? Can't handle the truth EA? One game i'm winning 5-1 and the next 3 games the players..Xavi or not.. can't even pass 1 meter to the player next to him. Instead the ball goes to the other side of the field or against the opponent who is standing in front of him. Also whether your attacker has 60 shooting or 80 shooting it doesn't matter. The guy with 60 shooting is still shooting rockets into the goal. This game has frustrated me more than any other game. The goals the opponents score can be very awkard/ridicilous. Via 2 or 3 players into your own goal or something like that is very common. Who ever thought EA that Handicap was a good thing must've been onto some liquor. I've never played a game where the worser player gets advantage.
  19. May 16, 2013
    I had originally given this game 9 out of 10. However after 6 months the game still freezes from time to time or has weird issues (loaned players taking 2 years to return back to your team or leave the team, etc). I can't see how they haven't fix the issues after all this time! Dropping the review to 4, since when the game doesn't freeze, it's still pretty good.
  20. Apr 9, 2013
    LOL, I couldn't play this game in local multiplayer because I had a wired PS2 controller connected as Player 2 instead of a freaking Wireless PS3 controller. No, seriously, that's EXACTLY what it said, something along the lines of "You can't play with a wired controller!"

What a joke. Good thing the game was borrowed from the same friend who tried to play on my system. The rest of the game is not that bad but this just killed it for me.

Also, online passes? Really? That was the nail in the coffin. 0/0
  21. Mar 26, 2013
    Anyone saying this is the worst game ever really has no clue about anything soccer related and should really stop posting reviews. The first touch control added realism. In previous games, low rated players would have amazing control and touch, when in real life they don't. I like that. Playing and coaching for your national team is great. I don't know why they ever took that feature away.Anyone saying this is the worst game ever really has no clue about anything soccer related and should really stop posting reviews. The first touch control added realism. In previous games, low rated players would have amazing control and touch, when in real life they don't. I like that. Playing and coaching for your national team is great. I don't know why they ever took that feature away. I'm truly disappointed with the EA servers and their customer service. I did not receive rewards from completing challenges and it's been about 3 months and EA hasn't fixed my problem. Game is much more realistic which is great. The other team plays much better than they are overall, which is aggravating. Super goalies still exist and defenders play and sprint out of their mind. Game is fun and fulfilling! Expand
  22. Mar 23, 2013
    Haven't play FIFA for 3 years... I'm sure if I did this wouldn't feel so fresh, nut I haven't so it does. The thing is, even with all the options I really don't find this too deep. I seems to be all about fun factor: get to know a few controls and just have fun playing. The animation is good but I feel a wierd detachment from the game that I don't feel with NHL or NBA. I just don't feelHaven't play FIFA for 3 years... I'm sure if I did this wouldn't feel so fresh, nut I haven't so it does. The thing is, even with all the options I really don't find this too deep. I seems to be all about fun factor: get to know a few controls and just have fun playing. The animation is good but I feel a wierd detachment from the game that I don't feel with NHL or NBA. I just don't feel 'in the stadium'. Although, maybe that's just how soccer is. A fun game that I'm glad I didn't pay full price for. Expand
  23. Mar 20, 2013
    Nothing new once again from EA, just another yearly release with nothing in the way of innovation to go along with it. It plays ok, not really any differently to '12 though if honest, yes players some times try to make more forward runs but more often than not they are a hindrance.

Online suffers even more of the rubber-banding that EA swear isn't used in making the game, yeah right.
  24. Mar 10, 2013
    Maybe I'm a bitter person when it comes down to FIFA games. Here in The Netherlands football/soccer is the number 1 sport. Almost every dude in my school and class plays football in real life and those dudes always talk about FIFA or CoD when talking games. And I got called n00b sometimes because I said I don't play FIFA anymore.( Only played 09 and 11. Played 12 sometimes with a friend atMaybe I'm a bitter person when it comes down to FIFA games. Here in The Netherlands football/soccer is the number 1 sport. Almost every dude in my school and class plays football in real life and those dudes always talk about FIFA or CoD when talking games. And I got called n00b sometimes because I said I don't play FIFA anymore.( Only played 09 and 11. Played 12 sometimes with a friend at his house right before FIFA 13). I know FIFA for some of it's great soundtracks, announcers, commercials and fun factor. We have to give them thumbs up for that. But what kind of improvements does FIFA 13 got? From what I've played with friends, it has got some lazy ass AI that switches to AI on crack to weird ass AI. I try to pass, but my teammate gave the ball away. My defenders weren't doing their jobs and were just following the ball like it was a Sunday walk in the park. The opponents score 95% of the time via a cheap shot or because of an AI fault on your team. I know real defenders can make mistakes, but just standing there 20 meters away from the opponent aimlessly looking around is ridiculous. Jezus! That's a severe case of inconstancy. First touch: Nice concept, but in the game it's not as it can bug. Online servers...HAH!
    It's like the FIFA system relies too much on it's luck ratio by getting sixes when rolling the dice. But it never does and lands on a box where someone asks it a question, it doesn't know the answer and gets send all the way back to the start.
    But when it works the way it's suppose to work FIFA is a alright game to play. Nothing more, nothing less.
    It's loves to slap you in the face a lot and then it tries to win you back...and then slaps you again.
    If you are a hardcore soccer player or FIFA fan you'll may love it.
    But for me it's not my cup of tea and my total of 8 hours FIFA with friends weren't the best 8 hours of my life. Good soundtracks and announcers but that's it for me. Still beats Physics tests though.
    I have to find FIFA11 again. I really miss that one.
  25. Feb 21, 2013
    played every fifa since 10 and i wont be playing 14, i dont know wether i jus didnt notice it before but the game is pointless in all honesty. my online record for fifa 12 was roughly two wins to every loss, this time ive lossed way more than ive won, why? i dont really know, the matches i lose i tend to dominate? help ea...ive jus got off the back of losing 7-3 in a match i dominatedplayed every fifa since 10 and i wont be playing 14, i dont know wether i jus didnt notice it before but the game is pointless in all honesty. my online record for fifa 12 was roughly two wins to every loss, this time ive lossed way more than ive won, why? i dont really know, the matches i lose i tend to dominate? help ea...ive jus got off the back of losing 7-3 in a match i dominated against a player who had near enough the same team as me. his de gea was unstoppable while my de gea let in 7? whats goin on? do u ever find youll play a match and nothing goes ur way and the ball bounces off ur players feet like theyre made of brick? what part of this do I control? none of it. so im jus watching the computer play the computer in effect? where has the fun n skill gone in games? now its coulourless n based on luck Expand
  26. Feb 11, 2013
    What the hell was EA Sports thinking when they made this game its just so bad compared to fifa 12. Okay im not that bothered with the first touch system because i really come across it but its the brain dead AI its just so bad in defense they run out of possession and in attack they will not make runs. Also EA said they fixed the impact engine lies its probably even worse when my playerWhat the hell was EA Sports thinking when they made this game its just so bad compared to fifa 12. Okay im not that bothered with the first touch system because i really come across it but its the brain dead AI its just so bad in defense they run out of possession and in attack they will not make runs. Also EA said they fixed the impact engine lies its probably even worse when my player gets taken out he will stay on the floor for about 10 seconds and he's not even injured. The only good thing about this game is probably the career mode were the glitches don't really come into play. Expand
  27. Feb 11, 2013
    Make no mistake. This game is not up to snuff for a 2013 game. Loyal FIFA fans, the only way FIFA will get the message is if we BOYCOTT FIFA 2014.

It is unacceptable to have this many bugs in the game, and it makes the game virtually unplayable online. I play Pro Clubs with my friends. We often experience random disconnects, despite not getting these disconnects on any other game, there is improper support for microphone chat, huge unexplainable lag spikes (doesn't happen at all for Blizzard games, and even they have lowered their bar), and for some reason in the Pro Clubs screen where you select your position it likes to constantly scroll down on you, making it take like 2 minutes to select the proper position when it should take only 2 seconds. Oh, and don't get me started on the main menu when you enter the game. It is the worst designed menu I have ever seen. I still haven't learned where things are, because it is so poorly designed, so I have to flip around for 5 minutes like a complete tool in order to find what I'm looking for. Smarten up, EA.

In addition, there are all these other bugs and game flaws that people have complained about. The invisible ball, the invisible player, terrible first touch control, terrible AI defense. How have you not perfected this stuff after 20 years of developing FIFA games? I can't believe how much of a failure this game is. The sad part is, this game would be an 8 or 9 without all these bugs.

Listen up FIFA fans. Don't buy FIFA 14. Then maybe they will actually fix some of these bugs.
  28. Feb 10, 2013
    The game is absolutely fantastic. The tutorial mode is brilliant. Unfortunately there are occasional technical problems I get disconnected during ultimate team.
  29. Feb 1, 2013
    Typical EA disappointment. Notwithstanding the standard server problems and constant disconnects, which never get corrected, this title gets progressively worse each year. While Ultimate Team is amazing in concept, it is underwhelming and stale in its delivery: Online play is all about pace and has a cheap arcade feel; CPU game-play is shamefully horrible. I suppose the latter might beTypical EA disappointment. Notwithstanding the standard server problems and constant disconnects, which never get corrected, this title gets progressively worse each year. While Ultimate Team is amazing in concept, it is underwhelming and stale in its delivery: Online play is all about pace and has a cheap arcade feel; CPU game-play is shamefully horrible. I suppose the latter might be related to EA placing less attention to CPU mode given that more money is to be made from online play. Still it nonetheless reflects EA's commitment to gimmicks over substance. Game-play in CPU mode (without the benefit of sliders in UT) is simply not fun and often characterized by what many players deem "cheating": The game is programmed so that the CPU blocks almost every shot (don't even bother with long shots); every CPU keeper is superhuman; the CPU always makes perfect tackles everywhere on the pitch; human-controlled players simply cannot take any CPU defender 1-on-1 in higher levels and forget about slide tackling; the human player will hit 3-4 posts per game; passing is a disaster; first touch and control are erratic and randomized in their feel; and, of course, the CPU becomes super-charged and cannot be stopped at the end of games. Elite players may find these complaints trivial; most of us are average in skill, however, and these cheap gimmicks, which have become more prevalent in recent years, severely undermine the quality and fun of the game. Instead of refined game-play, we get worthless Geoff Shreeves updating us on injuries and long, annoying cutaway shots that precede player substitutions. There are only so many games where you can out-shoot the CPU 20-1 (not counting blocked shots!) and lose 1-0 on a CPU goal in the 90-th minute, or play online games that are just sprint, sprint, sprint the whole time, before you reach the conclusion that the FIFA title is stale, unimaginative, and little more than an uninspired money grab by EA. Expand

1. Nov 15, 2012
    New key features such as first touch, attacking intelligence and improved player impact engine are the cornerstones of FIFA 13. Finally, after years of waiting, the ball is really round and there is a sense of unpredictability on the field. That makes an enjoyable footy game. [Nov 2012]
  2. Nov 6, 2012
    While it does more iterating than innovating this year, FIFA stands alone atop a somewhat small heap of competition to remain the soccer game you want if you only want one soccer game.
  3. Oct 28, 2012
    If you're a die-hard fan, you likely had FIFA 13 in your sights the moment it was announced. If you've been away from the series for a few entries, there's no better time to jump back into FIFA.