4.8

1. NateJ
    Aug 4, 2009
    Got this game for my nephews and have also played it a lot myself. This game is perfect for kids when set on casual difficulty, medium and hard can be difficult even for experienced gamers. Vehicles are difficult to control under the default options, make sure to change the vehicle control options to be based on the screen (so down means down, up goes up, simple to use), not vehicle Got this game for my nephews and have also played it a lot myself. This game is perfect for kids when set on casual difficulty, medium and hard can be difficult even for experienced gamers. Vehicles are difficult to control under the default options, make sure to change the vehicle control options to be based on the screen (so down means down, up goes up, simple to use), not vehicle position (up means forward, right and left turn righ and left). I had fun with this game. Mindless shooting and blowing things up. This game is not deep at all. Sub par to bad visuals and story. But based on what the game is (a mindless arcade shooter), I am giving it an 8. My nephews love it and I have fun with it as well. Way better than I expected based on the trailers. Some of the reviews are too harsh. This is no gears of war, but a solid and simple shooter. Expand
  2. AndrewD
    Aug 5, 2009
    The only thing keeping this game from greatness is its price-tag. It's awesome otherwise. This game will appeal more to fans of the original animated series than the band-wagon variety climbing on-board for the new movie. It's obvious the developers tried to play on the nostalgia factor, and it works.

1. The co-op functionality and the vast array of collectibles are nice additions on the surface, but being unable to play with friends online and not unlocking anything substantial keeps the experience lackluster.
    As a fan of G.I. Joe, I expect a videogame version to make me feel like a Real American Hero. This didn't come close. The gameplay is unexciting and the visuals uninspired.
  3. It’s not without its flaws, but Joe manages to pack in plenty of third-person, fast-paced arcade-flavored fun. Addictive co-op, power-ups galore, and thumb-numbing action make it much more a modern-day Contra than another lame licensed effort.