• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 24, 2010
7.5

1. Nov 26, 2010
    This game gives you so much in depth and hours of game play. Nascar included in the game, so many cars and online play. Just amazing!! The game has lived up to it's hype
  2. Nov 26, 2010
    The king of consoles simulation is back! GT5 is a massive and truly enjoyable game. If you love cars and enjoy racing, you should give GT5 a try! The graphics are beautiful, the simulation is superb, the GT life mode is huge with tons of things to do and the Gran Turismo feeling is all there. The new online feature is excellent and problem free (racing go karts with people from all overThe king of consoles simulation is back! GT5 is a massive and truly enjoyable game. If you love cars and enjoy racing, you should give GT5 a try! The graphics are beautiful, the simulation is superb, the GT life mode is huge with tons of things to do and the Gran Turismo feeling is all there. The new online feature is excellent and problem free (racing go karts with people from all over the world around Madrid? Epic) . The only minus is the standard cars, but most of them look better than Forza 3, in my opinion. Racing KING!!! Expand
  3. Dec 1, 2010
    Like a typical Japanese developed game to.Fixating on what they're good at, and ignoring the progression that has happened in other games. And a lack of online leaderboards is just a joke.If i could give this game a negative score i would.
  4. Nov 27, 2010
    10 marshall
    please you need to play the definitive simulator of this gen GT5,dont get influenced by retard webs like IGNorant i dont have any doubt about GT5 is the best racing game on the market,forza 3 is nothing compare GT5 its like compare **** agains pure gold.
  5. Nov 25, 2010
    4 years of wait and it's finally here. Did the wait been worth it for those who waited, YES. Is it the best looking game ever made on a console, NO. Does it simulate as near as possible the reality, YES. To be honest three months ago I've never played any GT games, only heard of 'em as a difficult game and as the KING of racing simulation game because they wasn't like any other games in4 years of wait and it's finally here. Did the wait been worth it for those who waited, YES. Is it the best looking game ever made on a console, NO. Does it simulate as near as possible the reality, YES. To be honest three months ago I've never played any GT games, only heard of 'em as a difficult game and as the KING of racing simulation game because they wasn't like any other games in witch you can take a ''U'' turn at 300 km/h without any braking. I pre-ordered it and then I bought GT3 and GT4 to be more familiar with the handling, and man that was so addicting that I just played 2 hours of my COD blackOPS. As a mechanical engineer I loved every aspect of customization of those two games and with every thing I seen and heard of GT5 on the web, I was sure that GT5 will be The GOD of racing, well that's true but for 19,32% of the game (witch means 200 out of1035 cars). Don't take me wrong here, what I said is for 20% of the cars every thing (graphics, physics, tuning, handling) is the best with compared to any other racing or car simulating game and that easily over Forza and PGR4 (for the blind xbox fanboys I have to say I really love my Forza as a Game not as a simulator). For the 80% left, well I have to say I'm a little bit disappointed cause the day b4 the game came out I was playing GT4, and when I play for the first time GT5 with my very first STANDARD car (a Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STi '94, my favorite car from GT4), the first thing I noticed and didn't want to believe, but my sister, who has any interest in gaming and graphics, made me realize by saying : why are you still playing GT4 didn't you just bought GT5. Man that was ridiculous, I mean waiting 4 years for a game witch costs over 60 million $ to make, and they put a HD version of PS2 cars. Man what was Yamauchi doing all these years, was he taking a cup of vine with Ferrari's directors on red carpets. Did all of the 60 million budget go to the publicity campaigns. Personally I take that as an insult to my intelligence and to my love for this series. Now that the little crisis is past lets back to those 800 cars and some tracks that PD acknowledged that they take 'em from GT4 and polished 'em. For me graphics are important, cause I'm very visual and I don't think I'm the only one here, and knowing that to have my premium car with graphic's power of PS3 I have to be level 30 when I'm just level 10, it's a little bit annoying. But for those purists, and I think there is a lot of 'em too, that the game-play is more important than the graphics, those 800 cars are fabulous, because it's not that they are ugly, no not at all, they just don't have textures and they suffer from some aliasing, but the physics, handling an tuning are as realist as their Premium brothers. For the simulation part, I have anything to say, except : WOOOOOOOOOOOW. As I said as an engineer I can feel every little tuning that I did. Every car has its own and unique characteristics : sounds, weighs and handling. And for that I really think that GT5 deserve its : THE REAL SIMULATION. The menus aren't difficult, their just different from other games, but that's not a deal barker, cause you'll be used to understand it really quick. A last thing about graphics, I hear a lot a people complain about it is damages, GT series never had it and that not prevent GT to be the KING. I mean think about it one second, what happen in other games when you crash... nothing, you wait a little and your car flash and spawns back like it had nothing. What are you complaining about people, this is a SIMULATION not a game. If you want damages or destruction in simulation, well guess what, you have to pay a lot of money to repair it from ground because that's is the real thing, the same in real life when you crash you have to repair it or to buy another one. That's not funny in real life and I don't think you want to pay extra-credits, witch's not easy to earn, to re-buy your Ferrari enzo that cost you 1,5 million credits. Any way in this game you don't have to touch any other car, that's why you disqualify instantly when you hit other cars when trying to earn your license. So calm down people and if you want to see your car crashes, well go buy BurnOut and have fun. To finish this I have to say that this is again the KING of racing genres, because this is 5 game in one : F1, NASCAR, Regular races in town, kart and dirt. So every PS3 owner should have this, cause this is not vulgar racing car, this is a culture, this is a religion this is the REAL SIMULATION. P.S. My score is a 8.5 but as others I gave it 10 for those insignificant 0's. Expand
  6. Nov 26, 2010
    First of, all you xbox/forza 3 freaks get lost. Second this game is awesome as it should be. Especially with the G27 steering wheel. A 9 is in place here but a 10 is needed for al the haters who criticize the game out of jealousy.
  7. Nov 24, 2010
    I have played all the forza's to death dirt, dirt 2, and just about evry other great racing game. this game beats them by far. This game is massive and I am only on level 7. the game is so in depth you will need easily over hours into this game. This is a must buy and i recommend playing it with a steering wheel.
  8. Nov 27, 2010
    I don't think enough critics properly took into account the size of this game. It is definitely not as polished as we would have liked but the amount of content and the gameplay(which is still the best simulation of actual driving) more than make up for its shortcomings.
  9. Nov 24, 2010
    I have never played a Gran Turismo game before Gran Turismo 5, but I own both Forza 2 and 3 and enjoyed them both thoroughly. I decided to pick up GT5 yesterday morning when my GameStop opened, despite IGN's rather lackluster review. I have to say that after playing it all day, only stopping now at 2am to write this comment, it is the best racing game I've ever played. I am a snobby PCI have never played a Gran Turismo game before Gran Turismo 5, but I own both Forza 2 and 3 and enjoyed them both thoroughly. I decided to pick up GT5 yesterday morning when my GameStop opened, despite IGN's rather lackluster review. I have to say that after playing it all day, only stopping now at 2am to write this comment, it is the best racing game I've ever played. I am a snobby PC gamer that owns a 360 and PS3 for console exclusives only, so I recognize good graphics from bad easily. The Standard cars do not look too different in quality from the Premium, as a matter of fact I would say the Standard cars are about the same quality as anything I've seen in both Forza games I own. The Premium cars truly do blow me away though. Aside from the graphics, the gameplay is just incredible. If you care about racing, this is THE racing game for you, without question. I've dumped 16 hours of gameplay into it, playing nonstop so far. I don't even own a racing wheel yet, it is truly that enjoyable. The menu system that many reviewers seem to be complaining about is not slow and clunky, I think it is rather attractive and intuitive. I have not even installed the game to my hard drive yet, and I do not feel like the loading screens are long at all, contrary to some reviews. And I'm used to PC load times, where games load instantly or just don't have a loading screen at all. So, coming from a PC fanboy, a graphics whore, and a proud owner of Forza 2 and 3, suppress your fanboy nerd rage for just a moment and give Gran Turismo 5 a try. Ignore the reviews for just a moment. You don't have to buy it, rent it first, or try it at a friend's house. It is truly the greatest racing game I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. Expand
  10. Nov 25, 2010
    I will give this game a 9 honoring Mr. Yamauchi. He wouldn't like a 10. That's why he's already thinking in GT 6. They have created an amaaaaaaaaazing racing simulator, but GT is a long distance race (no jokes ;-)).I must admit that I found GT (original) boring when I started to play with it. As I started to progress though the game, it blossom, and I started to fall in love with the gameI will give this game a 9 honoring Mr. Yamauchi. He wouldn't like a 10. That's why he's already thinking in GT 6. They have created an amaaaaaaaaazing racing simulator, but GT is a long distance race (no jokes ;-)).I must admit that I found GT (original) boring when I started to play with it. As I started to progress though the game, it blossom, and I started to fall in love with the game and got interested in cars. I'm not a car fanatic nor an expert driver, I just delivered a sense of admiration about them. All GTs till today, and this one is not the exception, provided me with a sense of OWNERSHIP of my 2/3 most preferred cars. When I see MY car racing in the replays, perfectly tuned to my -poor ;-)-driving skills I really love it. I repeat, I'm not a mechanics expert so the available tuning options are more than enough for me. I like this game because it teaches you about cars, and it provided me with the satisfaction that every successful learning provides with. I have Forza 3 too and I love it. But, I couldn't tell you what the difference is, but It's not the same. It doesn't FEEL like GT. Colder? Couldn't tell. I don't feel these are my cars. Right now I feel a little disappointed with the "bumpy" car crashes and the damage system. Not too much because I don't like to smash cars in GT, I play Burnout Paradise for that (ruining a real shining Italian racing car in GT makes me feel guilty). Actually, I like to race alone against the clock so every time I crash I use to start again (in Forza too). I've read that both the damage system and the AI will become more realistic as you keep progressing though the game. So I'm confident that this GT will blossom as well. Thanks Yamauchi for including Madrid in the game, that's my childhood neighborhood. It looks awesome! Expand
  11. Nov 25, 2010
    A fantastic game that delivers everything in one package. With the amount of content jam packed in a single blue-ray disc it was worth the wait. Everything from physics to graphics and to sound was right on track and gorgeous to the eyes. Only thing I dislike is the difficulty it'll take to acquire the platinum trophy.
  12. Nov 25, 2010
    This the closed you'll get to drive a real car on a console. There is nothing close to it. Its beautiful and fast and all in 3D, if your poor ass can afford a 3D-TV..
  13. Nov 25, 2010
    This game is simply the best racing game ever. It has dynamic weather, lots of tracks, passing of time, over 1000 cars, an excellent handling for all of them, fantastic damage deformation, a track creator, an awesome and challenging career mode and a carefully designed online mode. Even if we leave the superior graphics aside, it's clearly the best. It has no competitors.
  14. Nov 25, 2010
    GT5 is beautiful and has all the things a great racing game should have which is large amount of quality cars. I'm happy I could download my 20 cars from my PSP version of GT. The weather levels leaves me speechless.
  15. Nov 25, 2010
    Best looking racer...but lacking the fun part!

Best looking racer...but lacking the fun part!

This is a gorgeous game no doubt, but there is one big problem that makes this a rental. The fun stops quite quick. There is a reason that games do not get too realistic, its just not fun. And that is this games biggest problem. It does hold your attention for a while. But with a lackluster sense of speed it becomes crazy boring. If you like sim racing more then arcade then you will love this game. The options and car selection are insane. But if spending more time tinkering in menus then playing the game doesn't float your boat stay away. But at least give it a rental, you never know.
  16. Nov 25, 2010
    An excellent game. The amount of content available is simply staggering. Easily the best racing sim on PS3.

Unfortunately, the game doesn't have a consistent level of polish. The new content like the Toscana Dirt tracks are spectacular while the obviously older content that was imported from the previous PS2 games sadly doesn't look much better than it did on PS2, only its in high definition. Damage modeling & self shadowing on premium vehicles is also of a disappointing standard.

The AI seems to be improved, when cornering I noticed that cars in front and behind me were conscious of my presence and didn't easily let me smash into them and vice versa - very different than in previous GT games. I haven't played enough to really test the AI, but there's definitely improvement.

The physics also feel much more refined and you can almost feel the transfer of weight as you maneuver your machine.

I haven't decided if I like this better than Forza 3 yet, I'll need to play some more first. Both are great games for different reasons. Forza certainly has a higher level of polish, but polish isn't everything, it's just the icing on the cake.

Overall, great game, but unless you're a hardcore motoring enthusiast it may be hard to overlook the game's short comings.
  17. Nov 26, 2010
    Massive disappointment. It's not a bad game, but it could have been so much better. Riddled with bugs and weird design flaws, you have to wonder what they spent 5 years on.
  18. Nov 26, 2010
    The majesty and attention to detail is incomprehensible in this game. Been playing it for about 12 hours in total now, gotta say, this game didn't let me down at all, unlike what most people say, it far exceeded my expectations of what it should be. It just looks real and the steering and engine sounds are the best of the generation, just the feel of the steering is unmatched and won't beThe majesty and attention to detail is incomprehensible in this game. Been playing it for about 12 hours in total now, gotta say, this game didn't let me down at all, unlike what most people say, it far exceeded my expectations of what it should be. It just looks real and the steering and engine sounds are the best of the generation, just the feel of the steering is unmatched and won't be matched until GT6. It's not perfect (the crowd suck) but I couldn't care less about that because the driving is almost up to Godly standard, and it's well over 95/100 so it has to be a 10. Seriously, you can't miss this. You just can't. Expand
  19. Nov 26, 2010
    Gran Turismo 5 easily makes this year's Game of the Year for us here at GamerLinks. The engaging user interface makes everthing easy to understand and still have extra features for the more advanced users. We love how you can tell a difference in every car in the game and how much detail Polyphony Digital put into each and every car. You will regret not playing this simulator.
  20. Nov 30, 2010
    Incredibly deep, easy on the eyes, months of gameplay, incredibly accurate driving model and handling physics. Special events are great fun and with over 1000 vehicles with their own unique character there's plenty of fun to be had. Just keep in mind that this isn't a perfectly polished game, it's a deep racing sim that just so happens to be alot of fun, there are even ways to keepIncredibly deep, easy on the eyes, months of gameplay, incredibly accurate driving model and handling physics. Special events are great fun and with over 1000 vehicles with their own unique character there's plenty of fun to be had. Just keep in mind that this isn't a perfectly polished game, it's a deep racing sim that just so happens to be alot of fun, there are even ways to keep yourself busy when you don't feel like racing, you can hire a driver to race and earn you credits in B-Spec Mode, you can check out the museum and car demos, or you can play around in photo mode to make some gorgeous wallpapers. All in all a very enjoyable game. -pro tip- Play with a wheel. Expand
  21. Dec 5, 2010
    deserves to be in the landfill with Atari's ET
  22. Dec 8, 2010
    I have fond memories of past games in the series. While I enjoy GT5 somewhat, it is without a doubt a huge disappointmnet. I guess I was expecting a thoroughly refined and perfected gaming experience with challenging races by good AI and a sleek overall presentation. GT5 amazingly fails on most fronts. This game should have been a masterpiece. I can only think the design team locked awayI have fond memories of past games in the series. While I enjoy GT5 somewhat, it is without a doubt a huge disappointmnet. I guess I was expecting a thoroughly refined and perfected gaming experience with challenging races by good AI and a sleek overall presentation. GT5 amazingly fails on most fronts. This game should have been a masterpiece. I can only think the design team locked away in their bubble of self confidence ignored the changing times and advacements made in racing games and games in general. To call this a 10 is to be in immense denial. The single player "campaign" is out dated in it's presentation and just plain dull as a racer. The beauty of driving can't be denied but as for the racing experience. I just find it dull. Expand
  23. Jan 5, 2011
    As I sit here watching a trio of my B-Spec drivers do their best to dig out of seventh place, 2 laps down - this despite being in a superior race car - in a 24 hour race at Le Mans, I ask myself, "Why I am still bothering with this game"? And make no mistake about it, this is a game, not a sim. This is my first console driving game, as my prior experience has been with PC sims such asAs I sit here watching a trio of my B-Spec drivers do their best to dig out of seventh place, 2 laps down - this despite being in a superior race car - in a 24 hour race at Le Mans, I ask myself, "Why I am still bothering with this game"? And make no mistake about it, this is a game, not a sim. This is my first console driving game, as my prior experience has been with PC sims such as Papyrus' original NASCAR Racing (in DOS!), Grand Prix Legends, and ISI's rFactor. I approached Gran Turismo 5 with an open mind and a hope that the consoles might finally have matured to the point that it would be an enjoyable title in which to log many virtual miles. To say my experience has been mixed would be an understatement.

What can I said that hasn't already been repeated a thousand times? The premium cars are beautiful, most of the tracks are lovely, and the driving model is above average, for a console. Unfortunately, that's all offset by tragically done standard cars, horrendous AI, and ridiculously bad design decisions (seriously, these menus are awful).

Most grating, in my experience, are not necessarily those pieces included in the title, but rather the things which are as yet still missing. Basic features like replay controls and car **** for ALL cars. Honestly, it's 2010, racing sims have had replay controls since the 1990s. Supposedly, the next 150MB+ patch will finally provide this functionality, but too little, too late on that front, in my opinion.

My other massive gripe is with the lack of a save/fast forward function in endurance races, particularly those lasting longer than 4 hours. This seems to be an intentional, and inarguably idiotic omission. B-spec drivers must race for 4, 9, and even 24 complete hours, in which they will inevitably use an absolutely mindless strategy so as to maximize their chances of failure, unless of course you give them a car so vastly superior to their competition that they cannot help but win, i.e. the Red Bull X2010 at Le Mans. Worse, you, the human driver, cannot hand the car off to AI teammates, so the lack of a save feature means you will literally have to drive 24 complete hours yourself. When nature calls, or exhaustion overcomes you, your only choice is to pause the game, returning at some later time to continue on. In the meantime, your PS3 idles, uselessly consuming power and burning through its finite service life. Absolutely, astonishingly, ridiculously stupid design decisions! It is baffling that such a choice was made and speaks to the poor leadership exhibited by the "legendary" Kazunori Yamauchi.

If this game is evidence of Mr. Yamauchi's supposed genius, I would ask that the IQ test be readministered. In my opinion, the games lead designer is the person most responsible for the games numerous failings. From the monotony of grinding through levels to unlock cars, to the completely incompetent AI, and the laugable menu layouts, it would seem Mr. Yamauchi's 5-year pet project is truly a mess. I can only imagine what a catastrophe Gran Turismo 6 will be. Fortunately, we won't have to worry about that until 2015 or beyond. All told, I was highly disappointed in this title. After 5 years in development, 5 YEARS, and all the hype coming from PS3 fanboys, I was expecting something special. What I got was an half-cooked "could have been", rather than the masterpiece so many led me to believe it would be.
  24. Feb 26, 2012
    This game was frustrating!! Graphics were good, but not as good as so many people said they were. A little disappointing. The game just wasn't fun. I had more fun playing Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2. The download takes forever. The game just wasn't streamlined and was an average racing game. Nothing special about it.
  25. Nov 30, 2010
    While it's undoubtedly a mild-to-massive disappointment in almost every area when you consider the development time, GT5 is still a good racing game. The graphics are mixed, with premium cars, menus and some tracks looking great, while standard cars and most tracks look basic and even ugly. The damage too is incredibly disappointing; in blunt, there is none, textures move a little andWhile it's undoubtedly a mild-to-massive disappointment in almost every area when you consider the development time, GT5 is still a good racing game. The graphics are mixed, with premium cars, menus and some tracks looking great, while standard cars and most tracks look basic and even ugly. The damage too is incredibly disappointing; in blunt, there is none, textures move a little and that's it. It's also more than a bit jarring when you're travelling at 200 MPH, only to come to a sudden, silent stop as you bounce of a wall. But GT5 does have it where it counts, in the driving. If you can overlook the flaws and forget about the development time, I'm sure you'll love the game for it's great driving and premium cars, but for most people, it shouldn't have flaws to begin with. Expand
  26. Dec 2, 2010
    Excellent racing simulation! Blows Forza out of the water. Truly superb. Every single negetive review is an X-Box Fan boy. The graphics, sound, gameply, presentation are all first rate, and it's a true simulation.
  27. Nov 25, 2010
    I don't really get those hater scores.
    About GT5 - best real driving simulator I ever played, it's very specific game but if you want to find NFS or arcade options in this title you'll be disappointed, if you want real driving simulator with over 1000+ cars, nice graphics and tons of addictive challenging races this game is just for you!
  28. Nov 29, 2010
    The REAL DRIVER SIMULATOR. While it is easy for developers to create a game surrounded around sex and violence simply to cash out on a quick buck, Polyphony Digital does the exact opposite. They spend 5 years making one single game that does not involve anything the current videogame industry is obsessed with (zombies, apocalyptic environments, open world gameplay, first-person shooters,The REAL DRIVER SIMULATOR. While it is easy for developers to create a game surrounded around sex and violence simply to cash out on a quick buck, Polyphony Digital does the exact opposite. They spend 5 years making one single game that does not involve anything the current videogame industry is obsessed with (zombies, apocalyptic environments, open world gameplay, first-person shooters, etc...) and it does is executed in an extremely classy way. Gran Turismo 5 couldn't feel more refreshing to the gaming-enthusiast, especially when a market is saturated with macho-men titles. Yes it is a blockbuster sequel, but that does not make it feel any less awesome. Expand
  29. Nov 25, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Gran cantidad de vehiculos, online, editor de pistas.....excelentes gráficos....es un excelente juego aunque esperaba un poco más. Lástima que personas profesionales y falta de sentido común utilicen este importante sitio para demeritar sin fundamento.... Expand
  30. Nov 26, 2010
    The game is great. It's not what it was hyped up to be, but it is still great. Now, I haven't seen it in 3D yet, nor have I seen it run in 1080P at 120hz. I also haven't heard it in Doby 7.1 yet either. Stating that, I will tell you that this game starts off as A-Spec with better graphics and ends up being more like Forza and (enter Rally game here). I thought the adverse weather andThe game is great. It's not what it was hyped up to be, but it is still great. Now, I haven't seen it in 3D yet, nor have I seen it run in 1080P at 120hz. I also haven't heard it in Doby 7.1 yet either. Stating that, I will tell you that this game starts off as A-Spec with better graphics and ends up being more like Forza and (enter Rally game here). I thought the adverse weather and daytime stages we're the best. Online so far is a little broken so I will reserve opinion there. Also, from what I have read, the dude who created this game said, it will be a constant canvas for upgrades, changes, additions, and improvements. Be encouraged, that this game will not be the same game 6 months from now. I can't wait to see what it becomes. Expand
  31. Nov 29, 2010
    If you're a fan of the series ... nothing can hold you back from this purchase, it's a perfect part 5!
    On the other hand, if you expect a Need4Speed or ModNationRacers kind of experience .... you are at the wrong address ...
    This is a "Real Driving Simulator" and it does what it promisses to be ....
    Perfect gameplay and prefect graphics in the replays !
    Just ... Enjoy the ride!
  32. Dec 10, 2010
    This game is really good. The negative reviews here are only from Xbox360 jealous people and they don't have even played the game yet. My real note is 8, but I give a 10 because of those 360 people wrong reviews with false arguments. They spend 5 years making one single game that does not involve anything the current videogame industry is obsessed with (zombies, apocalyptic environments,This game is really good. The negative reviews here are only from Xbox360 jealous people and they don't have even played the game yet. My real note is 8, but I give a 10 because of those 360 people wrong reviews with false arguments. They spend 5 years making one single game that does not involve anything the current videogame industry is obsessed with (zombies, apocalyptic environments, open world gameplay, first-person shooters, etc...) and it does is executed in an extremely classy way. Gran Turismo 5 couldn't feel more refreshing to the gaming-enthusiast, especially when a market is saturated with macho-men titles. Yes it is a blockbuster sequel, but that does not make it feel any less awesome. This game is the best racing simulator you can find. That doesn't mean it's perfect. I can see some people being let down a little, but that will go away once you dive into this experience that is as deep as you dare let it be. The few flaws and annoyances I found were the slightly slow menus and loading times and while generally the music is great some tracks feel too out of place. AWSOME phisics and graphiscs. The premium cars are insane and the city tracks are unbelieveble. In the other side we didnà Expand
  33. Nov 29, 2010
    This game is a slow burn and a tough sell for someone looking for a novelty arcade racer. Get into a premium car with a track with day/night cycles or rain and you're in driving nirvana. The driving/physics/damage (if you put in the time to get to the high enough level) is perfect. If you want the best sim on the market look no further. Hopefully you understand what a real sim is though...This game is a slow burn and a tough sell for someone looking for a novelty arcade racer. Get into a premium car with a track with day/night cycles or rain and you're in driving nirvana. The driving/physics/damage (if you put in the time to get to the high enough level) is perfect. If you want the best sim on the market look no further. Hopefully you understand what a real sim is though... Cartoony Michael Bay crashes will not be found, no rewind features in competitions, no stickers to muck up your quarter million dollar vehicle, no blue turtle shells on the karting, the auto steering actually turns off when you turn it off... just pure driving. Expand
  34. Nov 25, 2010
    The only thing keeping me from giving GT5 a perfect score is the lack of online game modes.
    There should me more online race types. I really hope PD will change this in a future update.
    The physics in the game are just fabulous, you just "feel" the weight shifting steering, accelerating or braking. Changes in setup are very noticable. After playing for two days GT, for me, is again the

After playing for two days GT, for me, is again the only racing game worth it's money, it really is the only game coming close to a driving simulation.
  35. Nov 25, 2010
    Wow, to think that some retards give a 0/10 for this amazing game, just sad. It shouldn't even be allowed, these lowly creatures should get banned.

I haven't gotten very far yet, played about 12 hours with my brand new G27, GT5 offers some serious racing. Some of the car-models aren't up to par but as a package this game is awesome. Feeling of driving is unsurpassed with a good wheel like the G27. Any serious racing fan should give this a try, it will keep you busy for years.
  36. Nov 25, 2010
    The best console driving simulation ever made. Simple as that. Get a racing wheel and go through a fast but furious driving learning session. The reward will be all the better.
  37. Nov 25, 2010
    El mejor juego de conducción de la historia. La simulación de conducción es fantástica y el detalle de los coches premium roza lo enfermizo. Si eres amante de los coches, es un juego imprescindible. Pero puede no ser un juego para todos los públicos, ya que los jugadores más "arcades" pueden perder la paciencia.
  38. Nov 25, 2010
    Despite only having certain cars that get damage modeling, the physics is spot on to real life. After all, the physics is the forte of 5. You really could train to drive professionally from this game.
  39. Nov 26, 2010
    This is the best race game ever 10/10. Everyting in the game is just perfect. Only the shadow is a little bit bad. But thats the only bad point in the game.
  40. Nov 25, 2010
    Best racing game of all time and is in my opinion the most value for $60 you'll ever get in a game. It puts all its competitors to shame and at the end of the day you won't find a better value for your money. This is racing enthusiast simulation not an arcade racer charading as such (forza 3 for example) like the other games in this class. If you want one heck of an experience pick thisBest racing game of all time and is in my opinion the most value for $60 you'll ever get in a game. It puts all its competitors to shame and at the end of the day you won't find a better value for your money. This is racing enthusiast simulation not an arcade racer charading as such (forza 3 for example) like the other games in this class. If you want one heck of an experience pick this game up. But if you aren't prepared to sink time in improving your driving, tweaking your vehicles and upgrading your cars then skip it and pick up need for speed shift. The king has returned. Expand
  41. Nov 25, 2010
    Well, I gotta say, after playing this game for 10 hours the only thing that frustrates me is the menu. Other than that, I have no idea why there are so many negative critics out there. Probably, 1) x-box fans, or 2) non-racing fans. Trust me, if you didn't like the previous gran turismos, you won't like this one. Don't waste your money and give it a bad review just because you don't likeWell, I gotta say, after playing this game for 10 hours the only thing that frustrates me is the menu. Other than that, I have no idea why there are so many negative critics out there. Probably, 1) x-box fans, or 2) non-racing fans. Trust me, if you didn't like the previous gran turismos, you won't like this one. Don't waste your money and give it a bad review just because you don't like the genre.

For the rest of us, the game is beautiful. Licenses are challenging, races are fun, and the game is all around everything I hoped it would be. Yes, some of the shadows are glitchy, blah blah- but the simple fact that I'll be playing this for hundreds of hours is enough for me to warrant a 10.
  42. Nov 25, 2010
    GT5 is without a doubt one of the greatest, most immersive simulations racers I've ever played. Never has there been a simulation racer on console with the same amount of painstaking detail and care given to its physics engine. The graphics are quite stunning as well, though there are some spots that look a little out-of-place in such a good-looking game. There is quite a ridiculous amountGT5 is without a doubt one of the greatest, most immersive simulations racers I've ever played. Never has there been a simulation racer on console with the same amount of painstaking detail and care given to its physics engine. The graphics are quite stunning as well, though there are some spots that look a little out-of-place in such a good-looking game. There is quite a ridiculous amount of content as well, since I've been playing this for the past 7 hours just in A-Spec mode alone, not having even touched Arcade, NASCAR, Go-karts, or online. Also, if you're worried about there being a massive difference between Premium and Standard cars, you can feel relieved, as I'm happy to say that the Standards look great. All in all, if you're a fan of simulation racers, or just cars in general, get GT5. It's definitely worth your money. Now, if you're an arcade racer type of person, then tread carefully. GT5 will not be friendly to you. Expand
  43. Nov 26, 2010
    GT5 is more than I hoped for. A truly excellent experience, especially considering it costs £40. Word of warning though - this game was meant to be used with a wheel and the £80 Logitech Driving Force GT is good for the job.

If you love cars and enjoy racing games, GT5 is a must buy.
  44. Nov 26, 2010
    This is a Very good game, especially good with a wheel.
    Theres a few little niggles that look like they are going to be patched soon.

If you liked the other GT's you should damn well like this!
  45. Nov 26, 2010
    Epic racing! What else can you expect of a racing simulation? It has got it all: massive amount of cars, plentiful different tracks, NASCAR license, rallies, karts,... On top of that i think that the graphics are beautiful for what its worth. It may be true that the shadows are not top notch and the standard cars lack in visual quality compared to the premium ones - but hey: they stillEpic racing! What else can you expect of a racing simulation? It has got it all: massive amount of cars, plentiful different tracks, NASCAR license, rallies, karts,... On top of that i think that the graphics are beautiful for what its worth. It may be true that the shadows are not top notch and the standard cars lack in visual quality compared to the premium ones - but hey: they still look really great!
    So 10/10 for enormous content and a perfect race feeling!
  46. Nov 26, 2010
    Solid 9. I'd give it a 10 if some technical aspects were better implemented, but it's obvious the development of this game was problematic even more if we stop for a minute and think about the epic size of this title...
    Hopefully it will be patched in the near future, as the developer claimed.
    The rest is... well, is Gran Turismo. Bigger and better. Glourious car porn. Great audio, great
    Hopefully it will be patched in the near future, as the developer claimed.
    The rest is... well, is Gran Turismo. Bigger and better. Glourious car porn.
    Great audio, great graphics, great physics... A must have for every car fan and enthusiast.

And no, no Forza 3 comparison. :)

Note: So a 10 it is. Metacritic won't allow a 9??
  47. Nov 26, 2010
    This is truly the best driving simulation yet. The precision of the physics is nearly spot on but still an enormous achievement for the hardware available to the developers. Everything feels so professionally done whereas all other driving games appear to cater to children with overly simplisitic and cartoon style user interfaces.

GT5 has more features than virtually all other current

GT5 has more features than virtually all other current rivals combined, there are so many things you can and even had full intergrations with a video area showcasing real life racing events which is updated. The cars look breathtaking and the scenery is top notch. The city tracks especially are unmatched in quality not only driving games but any type of game before it, while the sounds of the multitude of different engines sound amazing and massively diverse. The career mode appears to be a wonderous exploration of what skills you as driver have, from the early and very easy races that will provide success for even the rookie gamers... to the higher levels that are challenge even the hardcore GT enthusiats. You have to pick the right cars to win these races and a small mistake and you might find yourself at the back of the pack which understandably... is what happens in real races on TV!!!

There are over 1,000 different cars you can own. Over 200 of these are what are deemed Premium cars which have exquisit detail and fully furnished interior **** views, each of the 200+ cars are designed to look as how the real thing is down to even the radio player if it has one in the first place. The further you go into the game, bringing up your level, the more the damage becomes apparent... so unlike arcade racing games like Forza 3 you are eventually punished for your mistakes which only goes on to make you a better driver. This game seperates the boys from men, arcade junkies need not apply here!

There is an online world in GT5 and you can pit every car in your garage against others over the internet, there will be intense competition across of levels of driving skill with races accustomed to differing classes as well a private parties if you want to have laugh, and garner bragging rights, with your friends.

I have heard reports of performance issues, such as screen tearing claimed on the website lens of truth, however I encourage you to visit this site and seek out that comparison for GT5 and try to spot the screen tear in the screenshots... I'll be honest I haven't seen them and studying their pictures leads me no closer to seeing them neither.

I have not discovered all this game has to offer, I haven't played a single NASCAR or WRC race yet, nor have I ventured into the Go-Karting arena... and yet I have to say this game offers more than any rival to date. There is nothing else out there on the scale of GT5, and nothing else delivers anything that comes close to it's quality of graphical, audio and physical accuracy.

GT5 is quite simply the perfect game and you can see why this has taken so long to make. I have played it since launched date, longer than the likes of IGN and other so called review website and I feel I have yet to scratch the surface so it is mind boggling how those sites managed to see everything in much less time... or, they could simply have not seen the game in it's entirety and pushed for the "earliest" reviews for acclaim and web hits.

For me, this is the first ever 10/10 game. Are you a real driver... or are you someone who wouldn't last two laps in Doncaster in real life. If you are the first, you will excel in GT5... if you are the second, stick to Forza, Shift and Need for Speed because GT5 is not for kids!
  48. Nov 27, 2010
    There is nothing I can say about GT5 that you wouldn't expect. Right off the bat you're going to be blown away by the graphics, they are absolutely breathtaking. I've been a fan of the GT series since its inception, and I've got to say they're only getting better and better. There's a HUGE selection of cars, the Kart racing is absolutely FUN, and there's an optional installation whichThere is nothing I can say about GT5 that you wouldn't expect. Right off the bat you're going to be blown away by the graphics, they are absolutely breathtaking. I've been a fan of the GT series since its inception, and I've got to say they're only getting better and better. There's a HUGE selection of cars, the Kart racing is absolutely FUN, and there's an optional installation which makes the gaming expedrience even smoother. If you have played the GT series in the past, this game is a must have. If you havent played the GT games in the past, this game is a must have. If you dont like racing tgames, this game is a must have, haha. Because I dont like racing games, but I for some reason cant put down the remote when playing GT5. Pick it up and enjoy! Expand
  49. Nov 27, 2010
    The problem with this game is Polyphony Digital did not aim this title at everyone. The driving is amazing, the cars all look fantastic, the modifications (for the most part) keep the possibilities endless. The only let down for me was the hyped damage engine... it is almost non existent. When I crashed for the first time in a premium car i was disappointed, but as a long time fan of theThe problem with this game is Polyphony Digital did not aim this title at everyone. The driving is amazing, the cars all look fantastic, the modifications (for the most part) keep the possibilities endless. The only let down for me was the hyped damage engine... it is almost non existent. When I crashed for the first time in a premium car i was disappointed, but as a long time fan of the series once i got into my Gran Turismo grove it was barley noticeable. Other racing Sim's can claim more advanced damage but none come close to the realism of driving that this title offers, or the beautiful pieces of art they call cars. As I stated earlier this game is not for everyone, i would not buy this game for a child or someone who has limited knowledge of cars, and how they function. Other racing games give you little icons or bars to let you know what the top speed of the car is, how well it handles, or how quickly it accelerates... etc. With this game (and all other GT games) you have to know that a that power to weight ratio determines how fast the car will accelerate, or that the weight of the car is and the tires are the main factors in how the car handles, the game does not give you little icons and bars to let you know these things. As far as the standard compared to premium cars is concerned, it is almost unnoticeable to me (the biggest noticeable difference is standard cars lack interior views) , as long as the car isn't already a highend racing machine when you buy it it will be able to take almost all modifications. Some exceptions are, not all cars can receive turbo chargers or super chargers (just like real life), on standard cars you cannot change wheels color or ad some spoilers (although almost all cars can receive a rear spoiler). Overall it is a fantastic racing game/simulator, it lacks some polish within the menus and some of the loading times are longer than i would have hoped (I want to get back to the racing, damnit!), but if you don't need to be entertained by fancy crashes or exploding flaming tires every five minutes, and care more about expanding you knowledge of all cars and how to drive them, this is the racing game for you. Prepare to be overwhelmed by the shear number of cars, if you require little icons or info bars to figure out how good of a car you are going to purchase is the game can be intimidating. Expand
  50. Nov 27, 2010
    It's incredible. I have always loved the GT series, and this lives up to the hype. Worth every minute of the wait.

It totally blows Forza3 out the water by a VERY long margin. Forza looks very dated by comparison, both graphically and physically.

Doing Nurburgring Nordschleife in the rain with fading daylight in a AMG Merc is an amazing experience.
  51. Nov 27, 2010
    Having read some of the reviews for this Game (IGN in particular) I was a bit unsure about getting this game. I bit the bullet and got it anyway, and damn pleased I am too.
    Most of the things that the reviews have issues with are the menu system and the difference in details of the tracks! Firstly, how long do you spend in the menu system of a game? 5% percent of the time maybe, even less! And with regard to the tracks then how exactly do reviewers expect the tracks to look? If the designers are replicating and real track, like Top Gear for example, then they have to make it look like the real thing. They can't just stick some nice tress at the side of the track or have sand dunes peppering the horizon as those things are not at the original site!!!

I have been playing this game since Friday and have loved every moment. I have always been a fan of the GT series and I think this the best without doubt.

My only griped would be the lack of quality in-race music. In the previous games there has always been a really good mix of tracks, by great bands and DJ's. GT5 has really, really bad music (saved only by Queens of the Stone Age!!!), but like somebody else pointed out, you can switch it off.

The other area that reviewers have complained about is the online, but, as I am not a fan of online gaming I cant really comment. My experience of online gaming consists of getting on line, getting shot by some 14 year old inbred moron who hasn't seen the light of day for 14 days and doesn't beleive in the female species and then trying again and failing. With GT5 I got online, joined a race and lost. But it seemed to work pretty well.

So far I can only say that my GT5 experience has been a very good one and I hope it stays that way. This is a huuuuge game and there is no way that anybody has seen all that it can deliver. With more patches and updates being delivered on a monthly basis I can only see it getting better and better.

If you like driving games and like details and rewards for driving well, then get this game. If you want to drive a car at 200mph, jump off a bridge, do a 360 spin and build your boost bar then get Burnout or some other arcade type racer. This game needs and deserves your attention and in reward you will get a fantastic driving game!!!!
  52. Nov 27, 2010
    It sure does have it's flaws like the loading/waiting style menu system (straight from the 80's) which has quite a complex and deep(ish) hierarchy, but when the race starts it's awesome and all is forgiven. Loads of usability glitches with a sweet racing simulation do give the impression that Polyphony Digital does not understand how people work, unless they are turning a wheel.

There are

There are other very nice things in GT5 besides the race. GTTV seems to have started with high quality HD content and the complex and deep(ish) hierarchy provides loads, loads and loads of things to discover, nice special events, car collecting, tuning, leveling, ...

The waiting and not very intuative menu system ticks off 1 point from the score, but it's still a 9+ and I'm hoping for the frequent(ish) updates (4 days, 2 updates already) to fix things.
  53. Nov 28, 2010
    Not a perfect and flawless game like everyone was waiting for. Yet the game is great and deliver. Nothing come as close as GT5 so far on the PS3. Well back to playing the game!
  54. Nov 29, 2010
    GT5 gets a straight 10 easy. GT5 is definitely the best racing game and possibly the best game this year. The reason why you should spend your money on this game is ofcourse it's replayability and features. There is so much detail, events, vehicles. track etc. put into the game which makes it unbelievable and worth every cent. The one thing I love about the game is that it's challenging asGT5 gets a straight 10 easy. GT5 is definitely the best racing game and possibly the best game this year. The reason why you should spend your money on this game is ofcourse it's replayability and features. There is so much detail, events, vehicles. track etc. put into the game which makes it unbelievable and worth every cent. The one thing I love about the game is that it's challenging as it makes me want to come back and attempt to get gold medals. Games these days are not challenging at all and I find GT5 to be one of the most difficult game I have played yet. I must say the tracks are amazing and I have been playing for over 15 hours now and have not raced the same track twice in A-spec mode. Expand
  55. Dec 6, 2010
    Well,simply put,would you take your ride to the track to crash it or to drive it?It feels like most of the users think more about damage or pushing opponents off the road while they forget that the game wants you to drive your car as good as you would in the real world.You enjoy the car and the track if you re a grown up.
    I never wrote a single word on the internet in my life before
    I never wrote a single word on the internet in my life before today,when I decided to open this account because I can t stand the critics thrown at this game anymore.It s the biggest simulator you can find on the market and if you really want to crash cars I guess you better look for some arcade racer.
  56. Dec 17, 2010
    This game is very intresting and has great graphics its realistic and a very good racing game. i have a ps3 and the graphics on mostly every game is fantastic. This game isnt bad if your a car fan this game is very enjoyable. It has mostly every car you can think of. It is good on career mode because you can play onlinie with other mates and have races. The game it self isnt bad its aThis game is very intresting and has great graphics its realistic and a very good racing game. i have a ps3 and the graphics on mostly every game is fantastic. This game isnt bad if your a car fan this game is very enjoyable. It has mostly every car you can think of. It is good on career mode because you can play onlinie with other mates and have races. The game it self isnt bad its a supuerb game from my point of view. If you have ever played a Gt game you should know what you are going to expect from it. Between Forza 3 this game is way better. The online gameing is limited so thats the bad thing and you cant customize your lobby because that is also limited. The visulas are amazing the car customizing is good too. But unfortunatly crashing a supercar into a wall at 200mph results in no damage at all, its like kicking a cardboard box and not even been hit.Gt5 is a lengendry game since the 1st gt5 came out everyone has been looking forward for gt5 and the game has been extreamly good. Expand
  57. Apr 2, 2011
    GT5 is the embarrassment of not only the racing genre but the video game genre.6 year for nothing, might as well call it buyer's remorse general 5.How is it possible the score has dropped drastically for each sequel.And to make it worse they charged people for a **** demo.
  58. Mar 22, 2011
    I was once an amateur street racer and sometimes autocrosser. The problem with racing games is that they're too realistic and not forgiving enough. When I'm on the street I can hear my tires squealing when they're reaching the limit, I can feel my back end getting loose in the corner which encourages me to mash the gas. Without the car telling me these things I feel blind, but theI was once an amateur street racer and sometimes autocrosser. The problem with racing games is that they're too realistic and not forgiving enough. When I'm on the street I can hear my tires squealing when they're reaching the limit, I can feel my back end getting loose in the corner which encourages me to mash the gas. Without the car telling me these things I feel blind, but the excellent physics of the game demands I respond to this information that, if it's giving it to me, I don't understand. The tires squeal all the time, I can't ever look into turns to see where I'm going, and the mod prices and custom options are ridiculous - the same for every car. If you want a good racing game there is still no game better than Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed. If you have a panoramic TV a racing simulation pod, this is probably one of the better racing games on the planet . . . if you don't it's merely a fairly interesting romp through flash cars and bad ass tracks. Expand
  59. Nov 28, 2010
    Not perfect, but a superb game. This game has mind blowing features, with so much depth you'll never really finish it. The multiplayer is still in its infancy, but a patch will fix it soon. Great graphics, music and user interface. Extremely recommended for racing fans.
  60. Nov 26, 2010
    What a game is what we're all saying,in a good way or a bad way or both.For me it's both first off I bought this game on the day of release and I've been playing it non stop so I came up with this,it's an incredible game to the point of the Gran Turismo games and the best in the series of course but not 5 years worth.It's really got an unlimited amount of replay value and most of it isWhat a game is what we're all saying,in a good way or a bad way or both.For me it's both first off I bought this game on the day of release and I've been playing it non stop so I came up with this,it's an incredible game to the point of the Gran Turismo games and the best in the series of course but not 5 years worth.It's really got an unlimited amount of replay value and most of it is grade A.When it comes to straight up racing,it has nothing on Forza 3 but these are completely different games so it's hard to compare in a lot of ways.I love both games but this game has a better lasting appeal.This game feels old though even with upgraded graphics and other updates they provided.I went back to all of the Gran turismo's and I just don't see that there there all together with making you wait for so long when the other guy's make games every 2 years.It comes down to what you like most in a racing game basically.By the time part 6 comes out there will be a part 4,5 and 6 for Forza and if Gran turismo was out of this world good then it would be worth the wait but I'll just play this game and enjoy it all I can because i do love this game it's just not all that i expected and I'm sure just about everyone agrees with me except the people that don't know what true racing is in a whole package and this doesn't make it over the finish line like Forza 3 did. Expand
  61. Nov 26, 2010
    Pros -

Gorgeous. There is no better looking racing game over all. Sorry Forza Content. There's so many different racing modes, tracks, cars, challenges, that you'd be hard pressed to find something you don't like Online and Community functions. Comprehensive, well thought out and intuitive. Control and physics. Works good with dual analog, but meant to be played with a wheel. Get one.
    Pros -

Online and Community functions. Comprehensive, well thought out and intuitive.

Control and physics. Works good with dual analog, but meant to be played with a wheel. Get one. Do it. You'll thank me later. GTPSP to PS3 GT5 connectivity. I transferred 50 of my best cars over for use in the arcade mode. I wish I could transfer more but the current option is welcome.

Music and presentation. Top notch. Gear heads wet dream. Car lovers early Christmas present. Bible for novice racing gamers that want to get serious and learn. Music selection is great, custom soundtrack support is better. Engine sounds/sound fx are very well done.

Cons.

All 1000+ cars aren't as detailed as the 200 or so premium cars. Lazy development or lack of time? You tell me because I sure as hell don't know.

No interior view for every car. This sucks particularly bad because PSP cars had interior views (not detailed views but at least the attempt was there) but on Ps3 they don't have any at all. Multiple delays and every car can't have an interior view? That's just lazy development.

Real-time damage comes later in the game and isn't as extensive as it should be.

No motion control for dual shock 3. This is nitpicking but I mention it because I watched my girlfriend play GT5 for a few hours and she kept trying to physically steer with a DS3. Why Sony/Polyphony didn't include this...I don't know. Maybe the DS3 isn't accurate enough....?

No custom decals or custom paint shop mode for bought cars. Even with the cons I still give GT5 a 9. It's been a long six years to release but what some seem to not want to acknowledge is GT5 is simply the most content rich, detailed racing game we've seen. We've been graced with great racing games from Criterion and Bizarre Creations as well as Codemasters but Polyphony has gone above and beyond with GT5. It's not perfect, but then what game is but the attention to detail and the wealth of content is awe-inspiring. The only aspect of racing I'd like to have seen in GT5 is Drag Racing. Wait...is that in GT5? I'm not sure, there's so much content in there maybe I missed it.
  62. Nov 29, 2010
    Racing, tracks, premium cars and special events are excellent, but the rest is unfortunately obsolete. PD should have looked around and tried to put some modern stuff into the game.
  63. Nov 28, 2010
    Gran Turismo 5 is definitely the most fun and addictive racing game I've played in a very long time. Only problem I have with it is the extremely long loading times, even after installing the game to hard drive. It seems like I've spent 1/5th of my time loading. Graphics are nice but they aren't mind blowing by any means. Still this is certainly a good title to at least try. Easily theGran Turismo 5 is definitely the most fun and addictive racing game I've played in a very long time. Only problem I have with it is the extremely long loading times, even after installing the game to hard drive. It seems like I've spent 1/5th of my time loading. Graphics are nice but they aren't mind blowing by any means. Still this is certainly a good title to at least try. Easily the best racing game on the PS3 right now. Expand
  64. Dec 15, 2010
    They've put so much effort to make it the best driving simulator that they forgot everything else.
    The Up parts are the majority of cars, the driving, the detail level, the sound and everything that has to do with driving experience.
    The down parts are extensive loading times, lack of features that all previous GT had (for example 1000 meter test, Apricot Hill circuit, change rims in all cars and so on), not many manufactures to buy new car, plus that they left many models only in used cars... and for some reason it feels like they rushed it out, maybe is cause they did rushed it out and that is why already we got 2 updates.

For sure GT5 (as every GT) will be the benchmark for every racing game till GT6.
    To sum it up, as a simulator is an 11/10, as a GT sequel is a 6/10, as a current console generation game is a 9/10.
    But as a GT fan from PSX and by being sure that Yamauchi via updates will complete he's work, I'll give a 10.
  65. Dec 6, 2010
    This game is simply amazing, not usually into driving sims however this time i am onto a winner, amazing depth, and physics etc. Buy it, love it, live the experience.
  66. Nov 25, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Finalmente, dopo tanto tempo, GT5 diventa realtà. Purtroppo, come spesso accade la realtà non è bella come la fantasia e quello che doveva essere il gioco di corse si rivela un gioco di corse.
    Tanta, tantissima carne al fuoco, forse troppa con il risultato di bruciare una buona parte. Rimane un gioco da avere se appassionati di auto e corse, personalmente lo valuterei con un 7,5.
  67. Nov 25, 2010
    Okay, first off GT5 is a stunning game for the most part, hampered by a few minor things. I've been playing the game non stop for a few days now, and I'm very impressed by and large. The controls, graphics, and gameplay are classic GT and still the best of any racing game. Nascar, cart racing, and the new online mode are great new additions to the game as well. The sheer amount ofOkay, first off GT5 is a stunning game for the most part, hampered by a few minor things. I've been playing the game non stop for a few days now, and I'm very impressed by and large. The controls, graphics, and gameplay are classic GT and still the best of any racing game. Nascar, cart racing, and the new online mode are great new additions to the game as well. The sheer amount of cars, tracks, tuning options, and races is unrivaled. This is one of the few games that's actually worth full price! The only gripes I have about the game is the retarded driver A.I. and the fact that the damage a car can take is pretty minimal. The loading times aren't that long at all, and the menus, although poorly designed, is a very minor detail. Basically GT5 is an excellent game with a few minor flaw. 9/10! Expand
  68. Nov 25, 2010
    GT5 is by far the most beautiful racing game out this gen. The variety of cars you can pick and unlock will keep you playing for months. The tracks and maps are stunning and very impressive looking. The weather effects make the game stand out from any other racing game out right now they are just unbelievable!!!. You can customize tracks and cars and unlock parts and upgrades for yourGT5 is by far the most beautiful racing game out this gen. The variety of cars you can pick and unlock will keep you playing for months. The tracks and maps are stunning and very impressive looking. The weather effects make the game stand out from any other racing game out right now they are just unbelievable!!!. You can customize tracks and cars and unlock parts and upgrades for your cars. There is just so much content in the game you will probably never be completely finish with game. Polyphony Digital has really out done themselves with there 5th installment with the series. I know many reviewer's/trolls are bashing the game and giving it bad reviews/comments. But i unsure you that GT5 was worth the wait and will be the best racer game you ever experienced. :) Expand
  69. Nov 25, 2010
    This game is well worth a Ten and has a lot of great features that i like and cannot wait to drive all the fastest cars. I have played it for a while now and i am hooked to the game and cannot put it down. I feel the only people giving it bad reviews are from fanboys and people who were expecting something more.
  70. Nov 25, 2010
    Excellent game , ignore the fanboys under here.
    It's amazing , YES it takes time to load but i mean like don't you have different stuff to do ?.
    Amazing graphics , people shouldn't play this on a SD TV but many people are just plain dumb
  71. Nov 25, 2010
    For now I have played this game over 16 hours and its a one of a kind. Why?, visuals, the car weight, the car handling, speed in fast premium cars (such as the McLaren that came with the Gamestop Voucher) Nascar cars feel awesome, even GoKarts have its one style in driving it, the sense of speed is really near as in real life, not as other games that make a blur or a shake in the visualsFor now I have played this game over 16 hours and its a one of a kind. Why?, visuals, the car weight, the car handling, speed in fast premium cars (such as the McLaren that came with the Gamestop Voucher) Nascar cars feel awesome, even GoKarts have its one style in driving it, the sense of speed is really near as in real life, not as other games that make a blur or a shake in the visuals to simulate extreme speed, instead you see your surroundings move so fast like in real life. Those are a couple of great and excellent things that I love of this game so far. 1000+ Cars Great Job Expand
  72. Dec 2, 2010
    When you hear 1000 cars youfirst think about 5 years in the making but when you see that 800 of those are of "rushed" quality then that figure starts to look more realistic. The game looks good and plays good but not enough content to justify full retail price. If you played the other GT AND you are an absolut carnut *with posters of cars on your walls and diecast models) then this game isWhen you hear 1000 cars youfirst think about 5 years in the making but when you see that 800 of those are of "rushed" quality then that figure starts to look more realistic. The game looks good and plays good but not enough content to justify full retail price. If you played the other GT AND you are an absolut carnut *with posters of cars on your walls and diecast models) then this game is for you. If you only play car game for fun better skip this and get midnight club or Need for Speed. Expand
  73. Nov 25, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. hello gt5 is the best simulation games I find that the damage
    is not perfect but not an NFS (Need for Speed) play with the G27
    the best experience that Forza Motorsport 3 on Xbox 360 10/10
  74. Nov 26, 2010
    Wonderful game, I also have Forza 3 on my Xbox, but that's rubbish compared to this masterpiece. Only some graphical issues but physics and gameplay are unmatched, and there's a lot of extra content coming up through updates, so it's gona get even better!!! I have actually put my Xbox on Ebay
  75. Nov 27, 2010
    GT5 is a fun and rewarding game. Driving is perfectly simulated. It takes time to master, and to unlock many of the features, but this makes the journey of becoming a competent driver even more fun.
  76. Nov 28, 2010
    Let's be honest here. Most 'user' reviews are going to be biased and based on pure emotion. The gist of it all is this - GT5 is a good game/not a great one. I love having the huge amount of cars in the game, but not having every single one at the same quality level (graphically) is a big disappointment for me. Having now logged about 22+ hours into the game I find myself preferring toLet's be honest here. Most 'user' reviews are going to be biased and based on pure emotion. The gist of it all is this - GT5 is a good game/not a great one. I love having the huge amount of cars in the game, but not having every single one at the same quality level (graphically) is a big disappointment for me. Having now logged about 22+ hours into the game I find myself preferring to drive the rally cars more than anything else GT5 provides. Even then it doesn't feel as good as Dirt 2 does. Having Nascar stock cars is a nice feature, but I have played better on the PC when Papyrus was developing the games. the physics engine implemented in the game is splendid, but not perfect. Some cars just don't 'feel right.' The online experience is good, but once again not great. Is it better than Forza 3? In some ways, yes. Is it the best driving game on the PS3? Most definitely. Basically, my opinion is that GT5 is a good in every way, just not a great game. The official reviews for the most part have it right. The perfect driving simulator would combine all of the positives that GT and Forza offer. Now that is something we should get emotional about. Expand
  77. Nov 29, 2010
    GT5 is the best simulation game in PS3. At first you cannot realize the massive size of the game, give it some time and GT5 will start to surprise you in every new race you drive.
  78. Nov 29, 2010
    I can not believe the almost universally harsh critic scores this game has been receiving. Ok... there are some interface menu quirks that make some actions a little longer winded than they need to be and yes the graphics are not completely consistent and range between good and great, but this game completely nails it where it's most important, on the road/track... never has a game feltI can not believe the almost universally harsh critic scores this game has been receiving. Ok... there are some interface menu quirks that make some actions a little longer winded than they need to be and yes the graphics are not completely consistent and range between good and great, but this game completely nails it where it's most important, on the road/track... never has a game felt as realistic as this one... amazing! The way the game dangles the carrot of progression in front of you is genius. The criticisms people have been levelling at the game are EASILY offset by the accuracy of simulation and the sheer content of this beast. A steering wheel is a MUST!... Enjoy!!! Expand
  79. Nov 29, 2010
    Gran turismo games have always been the benchmark for all other racers to compare to. GT5 is no different in status, but even better than anything before. The basic structure of a GT game is present, but it's streamlined and enhanced into the best yet. As usual for a first on console GT title, the new cars are somewhat limited (220 about) but in this one, you also get upgraded versions ofGran turismo games have always been the benchmark for all other racers to compare to. GT5 is no different in status, but even better than anything before. The basic structure of a GT game is present, but it's streamlined and enhanced into the best yet. As usual for a first on console GT title, the new cars are somewhat limited (220 about) but in this one, you also get upgraded versions of nearly every car that has ever graced the series as well as almost every track from the series, with some new tracks. The biggest difference for GT5 is the tracks. Not only do you get the classics, you get new & very exciting tracks as well as tracks capable of transitioning from day to night racing as well as having unpredictable weather patterns including rain, fog, and snow on rally tracks. Rally racing is better than ever also. The new driving physics make this game the most realistic or the most accessible depending on how you set the driving aids. The re-playability is unmatched by any game no matter what the genre. Not only is there a great customizable online portion to the game, but an unlimited variety of city, circuit, dirt, snow, and go kart tracks provided by the robust course maker option. The course maker is one of the most ingenius new features to any racing game. GT5 already has more tracks than most games, and they extended that even further with a course maker that is not only easy to use but capable of producing high quality tracks that rival any other video games original tracks. Oh yea, did I mention go karts? Karting is one of the most basic but most fun types of racing there is. In GT5, it's one of the few occasions where you have as much fun doing it virtually as you would in real life. The karts handle insanely accurately to their real life counterparts but the similarities between vitrual and real are even more evident with full sized cars. No game, not even PC sims do a better job at mimicking a cars behavior in real life than GT5. It makes collecting cars the most fun part of the game to some, me included. The karting addition is so fun, most newcomers say it alone could be it's own game. NASCAR has also been added. I'm not a fan of NASCAR at all & I was skeptical but I really have to admit, GT5 is going to open up a lot of people around the world to a great sport. Right from the start, it's hard not to instantly love NASCAR cars even on a road course. Of course, these are only the major new features of GT5. There are many smaller additions to the game that just make it what it is, which is the greatest racing game of all time. Little things like interior view driver positioning, replays, custom soundtracks, and photomode are just some of the few details that really need to be experienced to understand. All of the small details aren't positive however. In some cars on day to night tracks, the shadows are very jagged and can be very distracting during replays. Luckily, the shadows are smoothed out in photomode but not while driving or watching. The standard cars do not have interior. That's a big issue that should be fixed but in hindsight, it's really not a big deal while your into the game. The standard cars can be damaged and look great, but the consistency is not there. Not all standards can be damaged. The damage is another small issue. It's realistic looking once it happens but it's hard to really damage a car but if you've played GT before, you know it's not about crashing, it's about racing. An issue that has plagued GT games in the past is now officially gone (at least for the premium cars). Engine sounds are absolutely amazing and even more so accurate. You can literally hope on the top gear track, and drive a car while watching the review on the show, and you won't be able to tell the difference in the engine sound. Also, the collision sounds are spectaculor and very realistic although hopefully, you don't know how a car accident sounds. When you get into a different car in your garage, a true to life start up of the car you choose is instantly heard even with the standard cars and this is just another example of really cool details in this game that help to balance out the issues this game has. It's not a perfect game, but there is only minor tweaks needed for perfection and with online connectivity, it's very possible we will see this game perfected, because on thing is for sure, it will keep you busy for years. No other game has the replayability this game has, and no other game has more to offer. Not enough words can describe why this is the best racer of all time, please just buy the game, play it, and enjoy Expand
  80. Nov 30, 2010
    The game is great. Literally best auto sim ever.

The game is great. Literally best auto sim ever.

There are certain flows, like jerky shadows, interface makes you crazy, but it's not the point. When you're in a car on the track - it's just a charm. Physics are great and easily adjustable by driving aids. Simply try a RWD car with no helpers on - it's amazing how careful you should work with breaks and throttle to avoid wheel lock and loss of control over vehicle.
  81. Dec 1, 2010
    I have had every Gran Turismo iteration since its first installment on the Playstation (1). This title has been in the making for years and I can safely say that it HAS been worth the wait. The level of immersion is just amazing (as expected in a GT title). The more you get into the game, the more you begin to realize all the different types of races and large variety of vehicles youI have had every Gran Turismo iteration since its first installment on the Playstation (1). This title has been in the making for years and I can safely say that it HAS been worth the wait. The level of immersion is just amazing (as expected in a GT title). The more you get into the game, the more you begin to realize all the different types of races and large variety of vehicles you can toy around with. While the level of detail between Premium and Standard vehicles may be apparent when you sit down and analyze them, the physics engine is what matters and no matter the type of car, you can rest assured that the performance is very accurate to its real world counter part.

Unlike previous GT titles, this entry doesn't require you to take the various license tests but being a fan of the series I went ahead and completed all which even at this point in the series, you can learn a thing or two.

The inclusion of NASCAR and WRC vehicles gives it a wider range of tracks and appeal. Unlike 'rushed' reviews that claimed the damage mechanic didn't truly exist, it DOES exist but you have to earn it (unlock it fully) as you progress in the game. This allows for the player to become more familiar with the courses/tracks as well as the handling of the cars so that when full damage is in effect, you don't pay dearly by losing races or having to pay for repairs time and time again.

The multiplayer aspect is a work in progress in my mind but the possibilities are many.

Overall the title demonstrates once again that it is indeed THE real driving simulator and the wait was very worth it.
  82. Dec 1, 2010
    de game if perfect for those tht love cars allot of cars, only 200 of 1000, you can use al the option, but be realistic, i dont think tht u will use all the cars in the game u will at the en using the best car, an for those tht say forza or need for speed, r better, well, forza is forza u can only play that game a the toaster, sorry ;p, i mean xbox 360, and need for speed is a good arcadede game if perfect for those tht love cars allot of cars, only 200 of 1000, you can use al the option, but be realistic, i dont think tht u will use all the cars in the game u will at the en using the best car, an for those tht say forza or need for speed, r better, well, forza is forza u can only play that game a the toaster, sorry ;p, i mean xbox 360, and need for speed is a good arcade game, so not is for the same public tht get GT. Grand turismo is a enjoyable game overall. Is not perfect, but is good enough, please dont pay attention tu all of the fanboys of forza, Expand
  83. Dec 1, 2010
    As a gamer who has tried to play just about every racing game there is, GT is the only one that really ever satisfies my driving needs. Sure the formula of GT hasn't changed a great deal with this iteration, but I can tell you now, if it had, I would've been disappointed. I spend 95% of my time playing GT in time trial mode fiddling with setup options to trying and eek out those extraAs a gamer who has tried to play just about every racing game there is, GT is the only one that really ever satisfies my driving needs. Sure the formula of GT hasn't changed a great deal with this iteration, but I can tell you now, if it had, I would've been disappointed. I spend 95% of my time playing GT in time trial mode fiddling with setup options to trying and eek out those extra few KM's, or knock a few thousandths of a second off a lap. Simply, I am a car fan, not a racing game fan. I have only invested about 8 hours so far into GT5, but previously spent about 20 hours playing the GT Academy... something that was two versions of the same car, on a single track.

If you are like me and originally got into GT because you like simulations, not racing games you will love it. However, if you are one of the people who found NFS: Shift to be worth more than a few hours racing around corners at incredulous speeds without risk of losing control, this is not the game for you.

If you are one of the people complaining about the lack of damage in the early levels, I ask. Why are you wanting to crash your car in the first place?

I love the photography mode, allowing me to get my creative juices flowing, taking beautiful pictures of my cars. I love the feeling of knocking a hundredth of a second of my best lap time. I love just about everything GT. My only gripes would be the horrible shadow effects, and the in-race music. When playing a custom setlist off my PS3, the music is too low, even at the highest volume level.

Simply, GT is not a game. If you are looking for a pick up and play racing game, this is not for you.
  84. Dec 2, 2010
    I have been playing GT5 for a good ten hours now. I have played most beginner races, did one licence run and participated in several special events. Time to give some first impressions, I'd say. First of all, my general appreciation of the game: excellent car driving game, not so sure yet whether it is also an excellent racing game. But I find the game a lot of fun and exciting to play.I have been playing GT5 for a good ten hours now. I have played most beginner races, did one licence run and participated in several special events. Time to give some first impressions, I'd say. First of all, my general appreciation of the game: excellent car driving game, not so sure yet whether it is also an excellent racing game. But I find the game a lot of fun and exciting to play. The game definitely has issues. There are 1000 cars in theory, but I will not drive the standard ones (no **** view), so really the game only offers 200 for me. The menus are confusing at first (and remain a bit annoying: too many windows you have to click away all the time), but all in all I appreciate the menu setup. Nothing fancy, but why should there be? The truth is in the driving after all, not in how you get there. Loading times are in general not as annoying to me as others have described. After performing the 8 gb install, things go quite smoothly. Loading times in games such as Red Dead Redemption bugged me much more. It might also have something to do with getting time to relax a bit in between races. Driving in GT 5 is intense, even at the lower levels. It could have something to do with the fact that for the first time I'm playing a racing game with a steering wheel (Driving Force GT), but the feel of the driving is so good, offering you such detailed control, brutally spinning you out if you make a mistake (ok, the Toyota Yaris does not spin out brutally, but the first AMG car you drive on the Special Event at the Nürburgring will!). I guess that is what it all boils down to: what are you looking for in GT 5? Excitingly realistic driving or spectacular racing. I did not have many expectations going into the game, having played the hell out of GT3, but finding GT4 for some reason not quite as interesting (don't recall anymore why). I loved Race Driver: GRID and could play it for hours on end, but did not finish Forza Motorsport 3 or NFS: Shift, getting bored with both games after a while. Neither of those last games I would play for more than one hour at a time. And somehow, with GT 5 I do. I cannot put the controller (well, wheel) down when playing this game. There is always that feeling: I'll just play one more. To me, that is the sign of an excellent game and that's why I scored it 9. I hope it lasts though. I've already encountered instances (the first Top Gear challenge) where the AI was driving the same old GT line: preferring to scrape the side of your car, rather than budging a few inches or letting you pass, only to overtake you in the next corner. But I've also had instances where the AI did exactly that. Especially while drafting, the AI is quite smart. No way of blocking a faster car like it used to be possible. I understand that some people complain that it is possible to just pick the fastest car in the class and win the race without getting excitement out of it. But seriously, if you want excitement, why pick the best car? There's no reason why you can't pick a car that will be challenged. Basically, you choose yourself how challenging it will be. Turn all assists of and drive a car that is slightly slower than the rest and you will be challenged even in the beginner levels. If you play this game to grind through the levels and become the best by picking the best car, you're playing it wrongly, all due respect. This game is all about the love for driving. And that's what it all comes down to: the love for the cars and the love for recreating a - relatively - realistic driving experience. When playing GT 5 you feel the car and I at least want to drive all the big cars, just for the feeling of driving them on the best tracks out there (Nürburgring is always exciting, because it is just so damn unforgiving!). GT 5 is the only game I've played since GT 3 that gives me that feeling, largely due to its attention to the driving: intense, realistic, unforgiving, with an excellent sense of speed. Forza 3 - all respect for the much better choices Forza 3 made in design, presentation and racing AI - could never give me that feeling of excitement to drive a car across a track. GRID couldn't either, but it did offer some incredibly intense races! And realistic damage (I won't comment on that yet, because I haven't unlocked damage, but if all rumours are true I will hope for a patch. Crashing your car and having only minor scratches to the paint and the spoiler slightly hanging off is, well, unacceptable). How long I'll keep playing GT 5 will depend on how long the driving will keep me glued to my seat and how challenging the races will be further on in the game. Ideally, I would combine the driving feeling of GT 5 with the racing feeling of GRID.

For the sake of reference, other scores I would give to racing games: GT 3 - 10/10, Race Driver: GRID: 10/10, Burnout Takedown: 9/10, Forza Motorsport 2: 9/10, DiRT 2: 8/10, Burnout Paradise 8/10, Forza Motorsport 3: 8/10, NFS: Shift: 7/10.
  85. Dec 3, 2010
    Im scratching this game and taking it back to Gamestop first thing in the morning. No custom paint? No custom decals? No damage? This game does not meet my expectations, on top of that the servers are down. ARGH, I preordered this game 2 months ago HOPING for something to show up the 360 but I got to be honest, this game is no better than Forza 2. I am sick to my stomach. I have both PS3Im scratching this game and taking it back to Gamestop first thing in the morning. No custom paint? No custom decals? No damage? This game does not meet my expectations, on top of that the servers are down. ARGH, I preordered this game 2 months ago HOPING for something to show up the 360 but I got to be honest, this game is no better than Forza 2. I am sick to my stomach. I have both PS3 and 360 and generally prefer the PS3, in fact im a PS3 fanboy in most cases but this game just plain sucks. Expand
  86. Dec 5, 2010
    GT4.5 when i say that i said it all.
  87. Dec 6, 2010
    The one of a kind racer This is the best Gran Turismo to date. You can't compare GT 5 to any other game. There is just none that are like it. Some say Forza but it is more of a casual racer than Gran turismo 5. By that I mean Gran turismo 5 doesn't have a rewind button so if you mess up then it is back to the start. This lack of a feature is what makes Gran turismo 5 so good. YouThe one of a kind racer This is the best Gran Turismo to date. You can't compare GT 5 to any other game. There is just none that are like it. Some say Forza but it is more of a casual racer than Gran turismo 5. By that I mean Gran turismo 5 doesn't have a rewind button so if you mess up then it is back to the start. This lack of a feature is what makes Gran turismo 5 so good. You have to really work at perfecting your racing lines and shaving off a second or two from your lap time is really gratifying. So as I was saying there really is no other game like it. You get to race carts, rally, nascar and formula 1. Replayability This brings me to my next point replayability. Gran turismo 5 has tonnes of it. Though I have not completed the game yet I have put in a good 200 hours since release and am just 57% done. That does not mean this is a 400 hour game which would be impressive. It starts to take longer and longer to increase your percentage done and I figure when all is said and done this will have been 1000 hours to complete. That doesn't include the time spent online which will add probably a couple hundred more. Stuff that sucks There are some things that aren't so great about Gran turismo 5. For one the shadows are really jaggy. It would have been better had they not included shadows since they are somewhat distracting. But at the same time the reflections on the car are unbelievable. I have not seen anything like it in a racer ever. Some of the models of the cars also look crappy. These are almost always the standard cars, the premium ones are all top notch. The unfortunate thing is that there are only 200 premium vehicles while there are 800 standard cars. B-spec Some of the cars in Gran turismo 5 are very expensive in the millions of dollars range. The races up until level 18 in the expert series of events only give you about 40 000 credits for winning. That kind of sucks if you want a 10 million dollar car. Fortunately there is the B-spec mode. It allows you to command a race team. The nice thing about this is you don't have to do anything except start the race. You buy a fast car soup it up and then let you AI character rake in the money for you. You can go do homework, pleasure your old lady or do house work all while your team is making you money. I haven't got them to the extreme levels yet but right now I get 20 000 credits every 15 minutes and that may not sound like much but when you are doing something else it's all good. Liscences The polyphony digital team has brought the liscence tests back for part 5. This is great because other games don't really teach you how to race you just have to figure it out on your own but then maybe you don't learn something because you're stupid. Well Gran turismo 5 takes all that away (unless you want to not do the tests) and shows you how to be a pro driver. There are even special events where you get to practice the skills you have been taught. What makes this the best Gran Turismo? You're probably asking yourself and maybe have been since my intro well I am going to tell you. The main most noticable thing is obviously the graphics. This is easily the best looking Gran turismo but that is because all the other one were on inferior consoles (i.e. the PS2 and the original playstation). Another thing mostly due to the same reason as above is that the load times are much faster than previous iterations. Another thing is that the online is much better with jumping in to races and also there is less cheating like in Gran turismo Prologue. Finally this is the best gran turismo because it becomes an addiction in ways previouosly unimaginable. Maybe it's because I don't live at home and have to go to bed when my mom says to but I play Gran turismo 5 all night long and have some sleep deprivation going on. I am in some kind of polyphasic sleeping cycles where I fall asleep while by b-spec teams race and then wake up 15 minutes later to start the next race. In summary this is the best game of the year and if you are wanting the most bang for your buck this is it. The single player is at least 1000 hours and the multiplayer is however long you want it to be. Expand
  88. Oct 9, 2011
    What a ridiculous release! A half finished game which brings nothing new to the table. I waited 6 or so years for this and for it to be such a disappointment is beyond me. Did they really import the cars directly from the ps2 version? Sorry Sony but you've been outdone by Microsoft's Forza chain.
  89. Nov 22, 2011
    Sadly, after 5000 years in development, it wasn't worth the wait.
  90. Dec 3, 2010
    Same game. Different system. The graphics are beautiful, as we knew they would be, but it's the same thing that Gran Turismo has been doing since the beginning. Buy a car, win some races make some money, buy more cars, win more races, rinse and repeat.

There is absolutely nothing here that warrants shelling out $60 to buy this game unless you are simply a Gran Turismo fanatic. Rent it just to take a look at the great visuals but don't waste money on a purchase if you have ever played a Gran Turismo game before. Because you've played this game already.
  91. Dec 17, 2010
    Yes I gace it a 10. This is purely in the name of fairness. There are a few people giving this game a 0. I think to myself, hey, this guy must really hate racing games. I see then that they scored Forza 3 a 10. I like the metacritic formula, but too many people will abuse it like this. I doubt any of these people have played gt5, and score it a 0 to vent the jealousy they harbour. MaybeYes I gace it a 10. This is purely in the name of fairness. There are a few people giving this game a 0. I think to myself, hey, this guy must really hate racing games. I see then that they scored Forza 3 a 10. I like the metacritic formula, but too many people will abuse it like this. I doubt any of these people have played gt5, and score it a 0 to vent the jealousy they harbour. Maybe they dont like anything Un-American. Either way, I dont appreciate it when I look at a score with a view to deciding on a purchase, only to realise that people are trying to manipulate the scores for thier own pleasure. Now to the bit where I admit that I never played the game, only interested in redressing the balance a bit. Im off to give Forza 3 a 0, and to watch some real reviews. (Classic game room, youtube.) Expand
  92. Jan 31, 2011
    Have had the game since Christmas and have finished nearly 90% according to my user profile. I'm not sure if I truly like much about the game besides being compelled to complete as much as I can before shelving it for good. It feels that everything I've done to this point has been done 4 times before, but with different quality of graphics. Same tuning options as the last fourHave had the game since Christmas and have finished nearly 90% according to my user profile. I'm not sure if I truly like much about the game besides being compelled to complete as much as I can before shelving it for good. It feels that everything I've done to this point has been done 4 times before, but with different quality of graphics. Same tuning options as the last four iterations, similar progression, many of the same cars from GT4 and very few new cars. Only a couple cars from the last 2-3 years have made it in so forget about something like an S4/S5 Audi, newer BMWs and Mercs, no CTS-V and lets not forget the lack of Porsche. After such a long wait, I very disappointed at the lack of depth, poor interface and anything innovative. Hopefully the next version of Forza will give us something new. Expand
  93. Nov 29, 2010
    If you are a GT fan, this is a 9.5. I was expecting a little more. There's some screen tearing and some funky shadows. A few of the older tracks look like last generation. Definitely a bona fide racing sim in the true GT fashion.
  94. Nov 25, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I just picked up Gran Turismo 5 (PS3) last night, played for several hours, and so far I'm really impressed. The intro was interesting by itself and really pumped me up once it got started.

The amount of cars in this game is UNBELIEVABLE! all the major companies are here like Ford, Honda, Lexus, BMW, Toyota, etc.. you can feel the attention to detail and the love expressed for the cars in the game is tangible. I love how I can choose a car and get a wealth of information regarding the history of the vehicle, the showroom where I can view the car against different backdrops, and being able to to wash, change the oil, and tune the car is all a nice touch. Again, the music is fitting and relaxing. I also change my mind about the opening song (it's awesome!)

The graphics are very good and I absolutely love the music in this game. It all fits perfectly! I've heard several complaints from other reviewers regarding how the game looks. Well, I'm playing on a normal TV and I'm sure that if I was playing the game on an HD/plasma TV the game would look absolutely spectacular. I don't ask for much and I'm quite satisfied with the experience.

The gameplay is as expected as Gran Turismo is a "simulator" (not an arcade racer) and to be honest I'm not upset about playing the familiar tracks whatsoever! it's almost like visiting an old friend. I never did like the license tests in the series and they have returned here but, I do appreciate the idea though. I haven't experience a lot of car damage thus far and to be honest I'm not looking to wreck the cars just simply race them. Since it's a Gran Turismo game I'm used to no cars being damaged. I normally don't write a review until I've played a game thoroughly but, after reading all the negative reviews I feel I had to say something because I feel the bad reviews are just plain wrong (though I respect other people's opinions and know they're entitled to them) I don't think they're fair. I just feel that if you love cars, racing, and racing cars then you really can't go wrong with Gran Turismo 5. I know it was a long wait (believe me I know) and yet I feel like a lot of effort went into the creation, development, and production of this game. I haven't scratched the surface yet and I already feel that Gran Turismo 5 is an essential part of my video game collection. For those of you who have said that there is lack of content let me say something: DLC. The game was just released YESTERDAY and these things are going to take time-not overnight. Plus, not only do you get a vast amount of cars to choose from, excellent tracks to race on, day/night/weather effects, you get kart racing AND NASCAR?! WOW! that's awesome! and the addition of NASCAR couldn't have happened at a more perfect time now that EA doesn't make the NASCAR titles anymore. The kart racing is an interesting addition as well. It does take some getting used to but once you do you'll be zipping around the track at blazing speed. The only minor complaints I have are the fact that you have to "zoom" to see certain things. I don't mind it as much I just wish I didn't have to but considering the content as I said: it's a "minor" issue-very minor. The license tests can be a pain and it's said that getting gold is satisfying I often have to settle for bronze because of the insane time limits! or maybe my skills are just not up to the task and need to be refined.

At the moment I'm doing what probably a lot of other people are doing: saving money to buy the expensive cars and you know what? after playing every single game (except the ones on the portable systems and Prologue) in the Gran Turismo series the important thing is this: I'm still enjoying it, it's still fun, and it's still a worthy investment of both money and time. A lot of games out there are NOT worth the $60.00 but I can honestly say that this one is. I give Gran Turismo a 9.5 actually but the option is not available because it is excellent. I know this is a bit cliche but this is a MUST-BUY game, run don' walk to get it, and definitely a GAME OF THE YEAR candidate. Great job Polyphony Digital for crafting a masterpiece!
  95. Nov 25, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game!
    Everything I was hoping for, it's there.
    Great graphics, great car handeling, awesome chalenges.

I'm in love with this game, can't wait to play again this evening!
  96. Dec 4, 2010
    Good/great sim. Average/good game. And to all the critics who are saying that they expected 'MORE"after 6 years: take your biased expectations and shove em'!! Evaluate the effin' game for what it IS instead of what you were HOPING it would be.
  97. Nov 28, 2010
    There's alot to like about the new GT, and i don't know what people are talking about the long wait. They came out with a taste with Prologue, and anyone that knows drive sims would have bought that and had a taste for what is to come. The wait was necessary to get all those visuals right, and I'm not talking damage, because GT was never about damage. If you want damage play Burnout. ThisThere's alot to like about the new GT, and i don't know what people are talking about the long wait. They came out with a taste with Prologue, and anyone that knows drive sims would have bought that and had a taste for what is to come. The wait was necessary to get all those visuals right, and I'm not talking damage, because GT was never about damage. If you want damage play Burnout. This is a sim to the core and it does just that to the T. Now I'm off to see if I can ever own my dream car in a dream world...fiat 500 abarth here i come.â Expand
  98. Nov 29, 2010
    I love racing games but I'm rubbish at them - i've never quite got to grips with following driving lines, tweaking my car's systems, when to accelerate out of corners etc. I've also found most racing games don't want to teach you this sort of thing - one of the best experiences I had was Colin McRae on the PC with it's driving schools - which taught me how to play.
    I had GTA 5 prologue
    I had GTA 5 prologue bundled with my PS3 and it was every stereotype I expected - inaccessible, clinical, really hard for someone who was a bit of a driving noob like me - I went back to burnout paradise and watched my cars splinter in pretty ways.
    Yet GT5 has kept me interested and I've wanted to see what the fuss was about. I've never played any of the previous GT titles so took the plunge and bought this (with the steering wheel!) and I absolutely love it! Alot of people seemed to have commented on the fact that its for real 'hardcore' simulation drivers and there isn't much 'game'. Rubbish! This has completely smashed my preconceptions.
    Swish menus, nice music, a guide that takes you through registration and setting up your profile etc. Driving schools that teach you brilliantly how to break, steer, get around corners and this builds to much more complex moves as it goes on - it all struck me as being set up brilliantly to the newcomer.
    As you play you gain experience which levels up your driver and unlocks new features, tracks and specials etc as you go. As people are now starting to find, this also unlocks the damage modelling with things becoming more complex as you become more experienced. As a newcomer to this I love it. The drip feed of new content and information is very addictive and keeps me coming back for more - i also want to become more complex as I get better. Rather than feel overwhelmed by all the content (and boy, it's a lot of content!) I can't wait to see what comes up next.
    There are some graphical glitches such as car shadows being a bit feathery and not as crisp as you might expect but as you tear off from the starting line you're so busy concentrating on the driving that nothing like that matters - it's like someone coming down a catwalk in a beautiful designer dress and you noticing there's one tiny piece of loose cotton - it shouldn't be there, you don't expect to see but in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter.
    Loading times are not an issue. I opted out of the initial 1hr or so install and the game installs as you go through it - it means the first time you load new events or cars you wait a little bit longer as it installs but it's nothing at all bad - I've waited much longer for games such as GTAIV and Red Dead Redemption to load. - Plus, it's alot quicker than prologue!
    I thought that this was going to be some stuffy, snobby, serious simulation. Yes, it is serious about it's driving but it's also a hell of a lot of fun. Love it, love it, love it - it's even making me consider a career change to be a rac car driver :D
  99. Nov 24, 2010
    First of all I set out to play GT5 with one thing in mind, is it as realistic as PD claims it to be, unfortunately many gaming sites will review this as a game, it is not, yes it is a piece of software you put into your PS3, but being an automotive engineer and an avid gamer I can assure you that this is as close to realism you will ever get without leaving your living room, I couldFirst of all I set out to play GT5 with one thing in mind, is it as realistic as PD claims it to be, unfortunately many gaming sites will review this as a game, it is not, yes it is a piece of software you put into your PS3, but being an automotive engineer and an avid gamer I can assure you that this is as close to realism you will ever get without leaving your living room, I could compare this to Forza 3 but that would not be fair to the Forza series. PD's GT5 stands head and shoulders above anything offered on PC or any other platform for that matter. GT5 starts with beautiful depiction of the evolution of the motor car right up to the final product, Jumping right into the menu for me it could have been a bit more simplified, a complicated interface which can be a bit frustrating at times but not to worry, you do get used to it. It is only when you are behind the wheel in a race when you first realize that GT5 is nothing short of astonishing, apart from the most amazing visuals you will ever see in any game on any platform this gen, it is the physics and feel of the car that is the heart of GT5, unlike Prologue you can actually feel the weight of each car, each having its own feel to, it intensifying the experience especially behind the wheel each of the 200 premium cars. GT5 is the complete racing simulator, if you are looking for a game, then GT5 probably isnt for you but if you are looking for the most realistic experience as close to driving a car you will probably never own then GT5 is the only way to go that being said every PS3 owner should buy GT5 even if it is just to marvel at the visuals, for every true racing fan and petrol head it is a must buy. Collapse

1. Feb 18, 2011
    We love Gran Turismo dearly but it isn't the game we hoped it would be. [Feb 2011, p.72]
  2. An unusually complex driving game that demands real dedication and only fully reveals its true power once you've put the mileage in. [Jan 2011, p.108]
  3. Feb 7, 2011
    GT5 is pretty much exactly what everybody expected it to be. Overhyped maybe because of the unprecedented delay in its release, but spot on with its goals.