• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Dec 6, 2013
7.7

1. Dec 6, 2013
    GT6 it's the best racing game in consoles by far. Faster menus, new tyre and suspension physics, more and more content... Forza was a disappointment with the lack of content and abusive dlc (first day dlc and you must to pay for drive a veyron, really?). So if you own a ps3 and you like racing games, this is for you. A lot of improvements since gt5, great job giving us this game at the end of ps3.
  2. Dec 9, 2013
    Review update.

Positive things: 37 tracks so much better and faster UI than in the GT5 nice and better night racing some tracks improved visual tuning (on the cars) qualifying in the online races one of the best handling (In the history of video game consoles) Negative things: still awful sounds some tracks unchanged in the cokpit view poor weather system Find it on YouTube:
    Review update.

Negative things: still awful sounds some tracks unchanged in the cokpit view poor weather system Find it on YouTube: Gran Turismo 6 Vs Gran Turismo 5 Rain Effect soundtrack I don't find my friends list in the menu (For what? Example: I can't see the profile of my friends.) still standard cars no endurance races... (WTF!!) too easy career mod still no leaderboards just in the licens

Disappointment.
  3. Dec 6, 2013
    Gran Turismo 6 is a very fine game, although some parts are lacking. After playing for a few hours, the game feels like a vast improvement over Gran Turismo 5, and all of the good parts are carried over. The improvement on the suspension and tyre physics are notable, and the graphics are incredibly smooth given that it's on the PS3. Negative remarks include the career mode, which stillGran Turismo 6 is a very fine game, although some parts are lacking. After playing for a few hours, the game feels like a vast improvement over Gran Turismo 5, and all of the good parts are carried over. The improvement on the suspension and tyre physics are notable, and the graphics are incredibly smooth given that it's on the PS3. Negative remarks include the career mode, which still feels like a drag, and the slow flow of credits. This is not a problem if you have bought the anniversary edition (which comes with 1m credits), but obtaining cars is significantly more difficult than it was in GT5. However, all of this will be forgotten once you rush through the Nürburgring's Flugplatz in a Le Mans Prototype at maximum speed. The sheer driving pleasure of the game trumps the downsides more than ever. Expand
  4. Dec 6, 2013
    GT6 is a good racing game and with a good amount of improvements over previous installments.

Graphically, tracks are beautiful, a lot of the cars are modeled very well. Regarding gameplay, the physics are basically unrivaled, the feeling it gives is almost magical. People are talking about micro-transactions, which I don't care much about them, don't affect game play at all, in any

Graphically, tracks are beautiful, a lot of the cars are modeled very well.

Regarding gameplay, the physics are basically unrivaled, the feeling it gives is almost magical. People are talking about micro-transactions, which I don't care much about them, don't affect game play at all, in any way, and money can be earned the way it was intended without purchasing credits, if you want to buy them, the option is there, but won't give a buyer an unfair advantage.

Music is personal personal preference, but car sound, as everyone, including PD knows, is not up to the standards which is should be.

Overall, a really solid racing game which will only improve over time. Looking at the Playstation 3 eco-system now, if you want a simulation racing game, GT 6 is the only option.
  5. Dec 6, 2013
    The king is back. Gran Turismo 6 is a force to be reckoned with. This is the definitive version of the game, and a perfect reminder that the PS3 still has some life left.
  6. Dec 6, 2013
    Far from great but little on the soundtrack, poor audio, and quality of cars to choose. But Gran Turismo 6 manages to overcome what's right and wrong from its previous installment Gran Turismo 5. Although we're on the final days (or next year) of the PS3, many would consider that Gran Turismo should be on PS4 if this one has better sales than its rival, Forza Motorsport 5. I think Sony didFar from great but little on the soundtrack, poor audio, and quality of cars to choose. But Gran Turismo 6 manages to overcome what's right and wrong from its previous installment Gran Turismo 5. Although we're on the final days (or next year) of the PS3, many would consider that Gran Turismo should be on PS4 if this one has better sales than its rival, Forza Motorsport 5. I think Sony did a great job on expanding the franchise 15 years in the making. The tracks are undeniably beautiful, perfect execution, a selection of races that you can easily take on other players worldwide, and best of all it may not be stepping in GT5's shadows, GT6 could be the best and exciting racing game to end the life cycle of the Playstation 3. Worth buying this holiday season. Expand
  7. Dec 6, 2013
    Micro transactions kill this latest entry into the genre dead and with such slow progression in the career you can see how they want to milk you for more than the premium cost of this game. On a positive note the circuits I have seen are fantastic, shame it sounds like you are driving a toy car around them.
  8. Dec 6, 2013
    Gran Turismo 6 improves on many things on it's predecessor like better visuals on the cars and background, lighting/shadows, tracks, better UI, physics, weather effects. It does has some minor drawbacks which i believe will be fixed with a patch in the near future like the engine sound and maybe the damage that the cars take. All in all it is the best driving sim out there and you shouldGran Turismo 6 improves on many things on it's predecessor like better visuals on the cars and background, lighting/shadows, tracks, better UI, physics, weather effects. It does has some minor drawbacks which i believe will be fixed with a patch in the near future like the engine sound and maybe the damage that the cars take. All in all it is the best driving sim out there and you should definitely check it out Expand
  9. Dec 6, 2013
    Incredible game, loads of content, far superior than forza and seeing as that is next gen, makes this game even more impressive! GT 6 improves on most things from GT 5 with better physics, sound, although it could be improved a bit better. overall 10/10
  10. Dec 6, 2013
    A very good racing simulator with a huge number of cars (about 1200), good racing mechanics, weather system, proper career mode and a real selection of tracks! this is in stark contrast to the meagre forza 5 which which only has 200 cars, no weather system, no night racing, a very small number of tracks and is an arcade racer. Both have micro transactions but forza 5 forces you to pay toA very good racing simulator with a huge number of cars (about 1200), good racing mechanics, weather system, proper career mode and a real selection of tracks! this is in stark contrast to the meagre forza 5 which which only has 200 cars, no weather system, no night racing, a very small number of tracks and is an arcade racer. Both have micro transactions but forza 5 forces you to pay to get certain cars. In GT6 you don'y even get prompted about them, unless you look for it in PS Store.

Also to all those fanboys comparing this to GT6 telling it to catch up to forza 5, you do understand that you are comparing a last gen game with a next gen game? maybe that tell you enough about how much quality Forza 5 really is lol
  11. Dec 6, 2013
    Lovin it. Driving on the moon is a reet treet! All looks good and it's dead ace and all that is this one hundred and fifty characters yet? no it isn't
  12. Dec 6, 2013
    Awesome racing game that keeps it's reputation as the best. A lot of reviewers on here giving it low scores for no good reason. Don't listen to anyone that gives it a score lower than 8, as they are biased and are probably haters that lover Forza and came here just to try and give this game a lower rating.
  13. Dec 6, 2013
    It's sad so many fanboys come here just to up the score. GT6 is the ultimate game for any car nut and the visuals as the handling of the cars are better than before. With my G27 I would even call this one of the most realistic driving experiences I ever had. To me the ühysics and tyre model feel even superior to the likes of iRacing and rFactor, which were my favorites up to date. ItIt's sad so many fanboys come here just to up the score. GT6 is the ultimate game for any car nut and the visuals as the handling of the cars are better than before. With my G27 I would even call this one of the most realistic driving experiences I ever had. To me the ühysics and tyre model feel even superior to the likes of iRacing and rFactor, which were my favorites up to date. It really feels as if you have some real rubber in your hands!
    I only played for 12 hours yet but I can definately say the fun is back in Gran Turismo! There is a lot of variation and you won't get bored so easily. Two of the most critical sites on the internet, Polygon and Eurogamer both give it a 9! I agree but for the sake of balancing out those butthurt Forza fanboys it gets a 10!
  14. Dec 6, 2013
    If you liked GT5 you will love GT6, even though its quite similar to GT5, its refined in every way, and most importantly the driving. If you play with a wheel, you'll be able to feel it right off the bat, cars are so much more responsive, especially when your making quick changes with the steering, the gradual loss of grip is translated to the steering so much more now, cars weight is muchIf you liked GT5 you will love GT6, even though its quite similar to GT5, its refined in every way, and most importantly the driving. If you play with a wheel, you'll be able to feel it right off the bat, cars are so much more responsive, especially when your making quick changes with the steering, the gradual loss of grip is translated to the steering so much more now, cars weight is much more evident when your throwing the weight of the car,,, and the differences between each car feel even more pronounced. I know there are alot of people saying quality over quantity, but if you played gt5 and enjoyed it,,, you'll notice that the quality is raised across the board on gt6,,, so I feel that GT6 is both quality and quantity.
    If your looking to pick this game up, I'd recommend it only to people that are interested in a driving simulation because that is where the main focus is. For me, this is a perfect Gran Turismo title, and will have me happy and smiling all the way till the arrival of Gran Turismo 7.
  15. Dec 6, 2013
  16. Dec 6, 2013
    Great game
    There are huge improvements as compared to Gt5 such as :
    New tracks
    Load time is better as compared to Gt5
    More realism in car speed, handling than before
  17. Dec 6, 2013
    Spent a few hours with GT6 and loving it already! New tracks are great, cars feel more realistic than before, new lighting effects are beautiful, and the sheer volume of content blows every other console racer out of the water!
  18. Shi
    Dec 6, 2013
    For those giving a bad review, have you actually played the game and aren't just fanboying over Forza 5?
    I've now played both games, and GT6 improves upon GT5 in almost every aspect. Only thing that disappoints me is the sound. Cars don't sound realistic, even Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012 made the cars sound like they do in real life, yet GT6 still hasn't improved that.
    As for the
    As for the micro-transactions, both games have it, but GT6 never prompts you to buy anything with cash, meaning the game progresses the same way as GT5, the microtransactions are those who aren't willing to grind through the game, but it still doesn't change the way the game is played. If you enjoy cars and racing, GT6 is an excellent game to add to your collection.
  19. Dec 6, 2013
    Great new entry to the series. The menus are now quickly and snapy, the new tiyre and suspension model is great.

Relaly like that they added PP to carrer mode, so now you cant enter with an overpower car to the event. Also the grapichs are almost the same with gt5 but with improved things, like shadows, enviroments, etc.
    The track seleccion is just espectacular. great game.
  20. Dec 6, 2013
    It's about driving, not the prettiest graphics. People seem to harp on comparing it to Forza 5 which is on a next gen system and even then its physics and driving engine isn't as good at GT6. If you want to DRIVE cars then get GT6 if you want to look at pretty graphics and race an arcade game get Forza.
  21. Dec 6, 2013
    very fast loading time
    much tracks and cars
    much game mission

the best racing game in the world so far.

only bad if this game can go to ps4 would be great.
  22. Dec 6, 2013
    -GT6 is a very solid executed racing game. It is great that it is released in PS3 opposed to PS4 because then content would have to be sacrificed. If you don't believe, look at Forza 5. Look how much content is taken away just to have it on XBOX ONE.
    -Over 1200 cars in a video game? This is both good and bad. It's good because if you don't like 95% of the cars, theirs still a good 100 cars that you like. The bad side is GT6 seemed like they focused on quantity over quality. Not all cars are designed that great, but it gets the job done and then some.
    -Tracks on the other hand, it murders every other racing game ever made, and will made. The widest variety of track ever and that's not all. Each track has a unique weather effect system and a cool day night cycle. You could play the same track twice in a row and have from sunny and warm to snowy and cold...at night.
    -Handling card in the game is superb. Need I say more? Not all things work though
    -Sound is not very good. Almost all cars sound the same and crashing into a wall sounds like dropping an empty card board box from 50 feet. But these things don't take away from the overall experience.
    -Also, it should be noted that almost every while controller will work.

So, if you like GT5, get GT6. If you like racing games, get GT6. If you are thinking about the GT series and what it has to offer, get GT6. If you have a PS3, get GT6.
  23. Dec 6, 2013
    GT6 Is an amazing game. The new physics engine is really polished and even though there is a learning curve, anyone that has played at least a few racing games before will learn it without any trouble. Nice to see previously 'standard' cars have been touched up to make them more attractive and pleasing to use in racing. The Premium vehicles look outstanding and looking at your glitteringGT6 Is an amazing game. The new physics engine is really polished and even though there is a learning curve, anyone that has played at least a few racing games before will learn it without any trouble. Nice to see previously 'standard' cars have been touched up to make them more attractive and pleasing to use in racing. The Premium vehicles look outstanding and looking at your glittering car on a sunset light race track is pretty close to gaming euphoria. I highly recommend this game to anyone faithful to the GT series or looking for a fresh racing game that is about a lot more than 'simulation' Expand
  24. Dec 7, 2013
    Gt6 is ok, but I get the feeling that I would have been just as well deleting my gt5 save and starting that again.
    One thing I find very bad about the game though is that you cant install most of the data onto your harddrive like you could with gt5, makes for slow initial loading of races/tracks
  25. Dec 8, 2013
    I can score this game in two ways. As a driving game, I would score it 9.5. Its driving model is incredible and the sheer joy of driving cars round the many excellent tracks is second to none. GT6 has by far the best driving model out there on consoles and I love it for it (I have not played Shift 2 and Forza 5). If all cars would have had detailed views and the sound of the engineI can score this game in two ways. As a driving game, I would score it 9.5. Its driving model is incredible and the sheer joy of driving cars round the many excellent tracks is second to none. GT6 has by far the best driving model out there on consoles and I love it for it (I have not played Shift 2 and Forza 5). If all cars would have had detailed views and the sound of the engine would have been better, GT6 would have been perfect as a driving game. As a racing game, however, I would score it 7.5. It loses points for insisting on rolling starts and the associated AI restrictions (the other drivers are noticeably worse than you, because otherwise you would never be able to pass them after the royal head start they get), as well as for the absence of an effective damage model (including the infamous thumping sound when you hit other cars and barriers; I do appreciate the small dents and paint scratches that result from minor exchanges with other cars). In the racing department, Forza Horizon still holds the crown to me (again, I have not played Shift 2 or Forza 5). So whether you will love GT6 (like I absolutely do) or will be all "meh" about it, depends largely on what you enjoy the most in a driving/racing game. I am a sucker for the realistic and fun driving experience and fell in love with GT6 in minutes, so much so that as soon as I could I took some of my cars for a free drive around the Nurburgring and Laguna Seca, just to explore the cars and tracks, while trying to set a good lap time. GT6 is the only driving/racing game that can make me do such things voluntarily and make me love every second of it. And for that reason, I think it's the best driving/racing game out there, by a large margin. Disclaimer: I have spent four hours with the game thus far and hope my excitement will stay at the high level it is at right now (so far the game has done a good job introducing new fun and exciting things/options frequently, so I have a feeling my love for the game will stay). Expand
  26. Dec 6, 2013
    Gran Turismo 6 is a worthy addition to the series. It may not be perfect, but at least you don't get cheated out of content like in forza motorsport 5. The menu is easier to use and the racing is even better. Overall it's a great game and racers will love it.
  27. Dec 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Gran Turismo 6 improves on many things on it's predecessor like better visuals on the cars and background, lighting/shadows, tracks, better UI, physics, weather effects. It does has some minor drawbacks which i believe will be fixed with a patch in the near future like the engine sound and maybe the damage that the cars take..GT6 it's the best racing game in console Expand
  28. Dec 6, 2013
    It's the best simulation game of the word.Fisics,simulation,everithing is great.That simulation is amazing!Better than forza.But that sound is horrible.
  29. Dec 6, 2013
    GT6 is the game we were expecting from GT5. Yes, the damage model is nearly inexistent and the sounds could be better (they will be replaced soon) but the driving feeling alone makes this the best racing game, I have ever played. It feels just way better than before. And the track selection is just amazing. get it
  30. Dec 6, 2013
    It's largely the same game that it has been for years, with the added benefit that most of the really interesting new features will come at some indeterminate time in the future via patch.

Gran Turismo has fallen a long way, or perhaps it's more that it hasn't really moved that much and the rest of the world has passed it by. It's really only saved by the sheer volume of content that it provides and the fact that there's no serious competition on the same console. I don't expect that to be the case for much longer, the time is ripe for another Enthusia to step up and give a challenge.

1. Mar 4, 2014
    In some ways GT6 feels like a robust expansion pack, but there are enough general improvements and additions that you'll find this release makes GT5 obsolete. A fine return to form at the tail end of the generation.
  2. Without a doubt the best GT in the series thus far, but held back by aging game design and time-delayed DLC features. [January 2014, p70]
  3. Feb 13, 2014
    Gran Turismo 6 continues the familiar path, not taking any risks but delivering solid, fun driving experience. Standard cars still really need a major update though. [Jan 2014]