8.3

1. Oct 1, 2013
    I wa never a fan of Rockstar's GTA games...until I met GTA V...there are too much improvements to be highlighted so I'm gonna say 'she' is just great. If it was between 'her' and my girlfriend, I guess it wasn't meant to be babe...though some minor improvements can be made
  2. Oct 3, 2013
    amazing game, there is many things to do, great visual graphic, huge map game, and outstanding action. with current generation console, hopefully will release on pc, will be the perfect game in pc.!!
  3. Oct 5, 2013
    its worth every penny ,rich story amazing world and all round great experience if you are a guitarist say bye bye to it for at least a month cause gta 5 will consume all your time
  4. Oct 6, 2013
    GTAIV was, in my opinion, one of the most overrated games ever. However, Rockstar have refined their formula and innovated their tech and have delivered a phenomenal experience, a true highlight of this past generation of consoles.

10/10 (Keeping hopes for a PC version)
  5. Oct 7, 2013
    GTA 5 is won of the best games of the year with a great single player with hours of content you cant go wrong. with some glitches here and there and a failing multi player theres not much more wrong with this game if you haven't picked this game up already i highly suggest you do. its a great farewell party for the ps3 and xbox 360 10/10
  6. Oct 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Good game ...But the fees have not changed ..but i would like to point out what I feel is its biggest weakness. The look sensitivity is too way slow, even on the highest setting. Any possibly of this game winning over FPS fans seems doubtful in its current state due to this oversight. This disappointing blunder severely needs to be addressed in a future patch... Expand
  7. Oct 8, 2013
    One of the best games of the year and this console generation. It's not perfect, but honestly what game is? One thing is for certain, it's going to give The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite a run for their money.
  8. Oct 9, 2013
    This game is simply fantastic! I completed the main story in less than a week and continued playing and almost a month later there's still things to do! It's just so hard to stop playing a game like this!
  9. Oct 10, 2013
    Best game ever! Best on-line fun ever! This game is dangerous for all couples, you want to be rich, famouse, and bad in the game, so your real life starts to be the second choice cause in real life you are poor =D
  10. Oct 31, 2013
    This game is amazing. I waited for GTA V since the day it was announced. An I was rewarded with one of the best GTA game so far.
    The world is huge and vibrant, it's alive! Though not as alive as developers claimed, there are areas with nothing to do at all, but still, this is biggest open world gta game so far. Graphics are great and up-to-date, I wasn't expecting that kind of perfomance with current gen consoles.
    The story for once is outstanding. I really enjoyed missions and characters for the first time in GTA-game. Every mission brings something new, it's fun to come back to some of them and the game gives you easy way of doing so. The amount of work developers put in this is astronomical.
    The only downside I could find is radio. In this game it's horrible compared to other games in the series. There're like 4 hip-hop and rap radio stations (and I'm not a fan of those, so it's wasted on me), 1 crappy punk radio, absolutely NO METAL RADIO (punk and metal are completely different things), better learn from SR series, where metal station was always awesome. The only pop station is mixed with todays pop and retro (which is a huge buzzkill, there shouldn't be rhianna playing next to pet shop boys), rock radio is good, but country could've been more. All in all, the people that was in decision of compiling sound track were pretty biased towards hip hop and electronic music. And that's a shame really, since I can't appreciate both.
  11. Oct 12, 2013
    The single player version of this game is the best I have ever played, nothing comes close to the amount of fun I have playing this game. The online game still has some hiccups but the single player makes up for it, Id give this game 20 out of 10 if I could. I think all the negative votes are coming from PC users made that the game is not on the PC. I don't see how anyone could not giveThe single player version of this game is the best I have ever played, nothing comes close to the amount of fun I have playing this game. The online game still has some hiccups but the single player makes up for it, Id give this game 20 out of 10 if I could. I think all the negative votes are coming from PC users made that the game is not on the PC. I don't see how anyone could not give this a high or perfect score. Love it and not a single glitch or error have I seen yet. Expand
  12. Oct 12, 2013
    GTA V is an amazing game with a massive budget and a huge fanbase, what people need to realize is that this is NOT what makes a perfect game, Portal was my vision of a perfect game, whereas GTA V is close but that's all it is... CLOSE, a perfect game has NO bugs NO pop in (even if it is on current gen consoles) NO failed multiplayer launches and NOTHING wrong with gameplay, as much as GTAGTA V is an amazing game with a massive budget and a huge fanbase, what people need to realize is that this is NOT what makes a perfect game, Portal was my vision of a perfect game, whereas GTA V is close but that's all it is... CLOSE, a perfect game has NO bugs NO pop in (even if it is on current gen consoles) NO failed multiplayer launches and NOTHING wrong with gameplay, as much as GTA V is a great game it has alot of flaws that bring the score down to only an 8, as a gamespot critic said it's pollitically muddled up and she couldn't speak anymore of the truth. This review is not to say the game is bad, an 8 is a FANTASTIC score but unfortunately alot of bugs, glitches, and pop ins bring it down to a very proud 8/10.

P.s. This review is also not to say i didnt like the game I absolutely adore this game and haven't played another game besides this for the past week i just can't give it a 10 also what drags the end score down ironically is the ending, its confusing on what happens, when youre given the choice of whether to kill Trevor, Michael or to stick to your guns its confusing whether or not sticking to your guns kills Franklin or not which is why alot of people chose one of the first two options and are now regretting it.
  13. Oct 14, 2013
    I'm a great fan of Grand Theft Auto.I used to play it for hours on my Playstation 2:San Andreas.Vice City I have on my tablet.I thought that San Andreas would be unbeatable.But I was wrong.GTA V is the best one yet.You have the possibility to change characters,you can do a lot of activities as well.
  14. Oct 20, 2013
    Urban Skyrim is great fun and it's huge.

All hype and lore aside, it's a great game with plenty of activities to offer. It certainly has the mobius operand of a GTA game, but picked up a few things from Red Dead Redemption, L.A. Noire, and Max Payne. If you are a fan of either Rockstar games or sandbox games there's certainly plenty of fun to be had. Contrary to popular belief, it
    Urban Skyrim is great fun and it's huge.

Contrary to popular belief, it does have its issues. The most obvious is GTA Online which is a hot mess for the time being; when it isn't freezing or bugging out it can become a glitchers' and griefers' paradise with little to contribute. It'll be difficult to evaluate until it actually works as intended and by then interest may have waned. Story mode is engaging enough, but the three anti-heroes suffer due to the supporting characters; rarely do they do much more for the trio than advance the story and, save a few, they are difficult to care about. This seems like a missed opportunity to reinforce the depth of the contrast among the three main characters and form a more coherent main arc, especially when so much work went into generating a vast library of dialogue.

Some odd choices made in regards to controls. First, the omission of shoulder switch; leaving out a mechanic so ubiquitous to third-person gunplay feels odd, and cover suffers as a result. Speaking of cover, the surface that you're going to "stick" to can be unpredictable and sometimes comedic. The stealth mechanic is barebones and feels out of place, but isn't intrusive to the combat. Stealth as it relates to losing the cops is a nice touch, but also a bit under-realized as the cops sometimes seem clairvoyant when they shouldn't have line of site.

Overall, an excellent realization of a city-based sandbox with plenty of fun things to do and all the tools you need to dig into it. Story mode is plentiful although weakly framed. Online seems to be well conceived, but thus far poorly implemented.
  15. Jan 30, 2014
    Very nice game. I was playing very much GTA series - GTA San Andreas/IV/Vice city ,but GTA 5 is much better.This the best game what I ever played. I think it give us new standarts of games.
  16. Oct 27, 2013
    no need words to describe the game of the year. Great plot with great caracters. i dont know the meaning of perfect but this is what i think is the closest.
  17. Nov 26, 2013
    GTA V is simply amazing. The huge open world and the realism of it are enough to seduce you for many hours. The deep story and the well-developed characters are superb. The multiplayer is also fun, albeit somewhat flawed. This game truly deserves Game Of The Year.

P.S. For all of you people ranting about how the online multiplayer is annoying, due to people randomly shooting at you, you can always start a solo session.
  18. Jan 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Grand Theft Auto V is a masterpiece and the best way to wrap up the life cycle of the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Rockstar Games perfectly crafted a game where the player takes control of 3 different characters in a beautiful sandbox world. Would recommend to anyone and anyone with a brain wouldn't rate this a 0. Expand
  19. Nov 11, 2013
    GTA V...
    Preciso falar mais?? kkk
    GTA V...
    Preciso falar mais?? kkk
    GTA um jogo que apenas pelo nome ja possivel saber da qualidade do jogo do jogo, pq quando vc fala em GTA, vc ja pensa logo R*, e definitivamente uma das melhores empresas de games atualmente no mercado, o jogo veio correspondendo totalmente ao HYPE em torno dele, missões muito diversificadas, um mapa enorme, personagens cativantes, e uma história bem divertida, no geral um jogo técnicamente beirando a perfeição para a geração atual de consoles, e definitivamente um jogo que vale a pena ser conferido, não um jogo que vai te marcar, te emocionar ou coisa parecida, mas inquestionavelmente divertido por um bommm tempo, recomendo.
  20. Nov 19, 2013
    Technologically brilliant game that allows you to play 3 protaganists in tandem. Satirical and witty themes with properly fleshed out environments that allow freedom for non-linear exploration. The story is forgettable and lacks the plot depth and character complexities seen in some of the previous games from the franchise. The online portion is quirky, and when it does works properly itTechnologically brilliant game that allows you to play 3 protaganists in tandem. Satirical and witty themes with properly fleshed out environments that allow freedom for non-linear exploration. The story is forgettable and lacks the plot depth and character complexities seen in some of the previous games from the franchise. The online portion is quirky, and when it does works properly it proves to be non-intuitive and generally unlikable. Overall I think Rockstar took a few too many steps in the wrong direction, but their game is still a worthy addition to the franchise and it's one of the few AAA games that is worth the money spent. 8/10 Expand
  21. Nov 12, 2013
    Great game! Rockstar every time surpass themselves! Never these developers were not bad games. Graphics pleasing to the eye, I could not imagine that you can still squeeze out the old generation of consoles in terms of graphics, but Rockstar VERY surprised. In all other respects the same as everywhere I wondered. 10 of 10 uniquely.
  22. Nov 14, 2013
    As a gaming platform i prefer PC, and i think it will be great loss for humanity not to have version for this platform. But then again it doesnt change the fact that this game is awesome.
  23. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Amazing graphics, definitely an upgrade from GTAIV, some of the best water/graphics on PS3. 10.

Sound: Triple A voice acting, amazing soundtrack/variety of radio stations, gun sounds are more realistic, this is a believable GTA. 10. Gameplay: The best sandbox open world game to date, the amount of freedom is only surpassed by future GTA games. The game's innovative

Gameplay: The best sandbox open world game to date, the amount of freedom is only surpassed by future GTA games. The game's innovative new mechanics allows you to control 3 characters that you switch back and forth from. There's too much to say, and not enough words on paper that can describe this game, it really is top notch. 10.

Story: The story is interesting and will keep you coming back to finish it. 10.

Replay Value: Do I even need to talk about replay value in a GTA game? This is a game we only get every 4 to 5 years, and there's a reason for that. 10.

Overall Score: 10 out of 10.
  24. Nov 15, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V is by far the best game of the GTA series (although i know Rockstar Games could have done much better). The game itself is near perfect despite many of the online problems for the multiplayer. I would recommend this to all the real GTA fans.
  25. Nov 25, 2013
    One word can be used to describe this game, jaw-dropping. Grand Theft Auto V takes place in Vinewood otherwise known as a parody of modern day Southern California. There are 3 playable characters who are Michael, Franklin and Trevor and the game is played in a third person perspective.

Firstly, the visuals are absolutely beautiful. Honestly, at times I felt as though I was playing on a high -end PC. For example, if you go to the top of the Vinewood sign and look out at the city, it sparkles with a gorgeous lighting engine.

Secondly, the characters are exceptional. The voice acting is superb and the actors must commended for their exceptional performance. Reason being, because the characters fulfill their purpose as big time burglars and manage to trap you in the moment.

Thirdly, the gameplay is definitive. It is the best feeling game I have ever played. Movement is fluid, driving is fast and responsive, shooting is bold and flying is realistic. If i were to recommend any game for its gameplay it would be this.

In summary, this is an essential if you love face-paced action.
  26. Nov 16, 2013
    Witnessing anything less then absolute success is a near impossible task by the developers at Rockstar. It further seems impossible with their latest release. Grand Theft Auto 5 is the most recent in a series of successful video games that have stood the test of time. From GTA to GTA 5 every one in between has its audience. An audience that is expanding.

Rockstar has turned this

Rockstar has turned this extravagant game from a third person sandbox action game into a lush beautiful realm that the players can indulge in with hours of game play and fun.

Each character has an in depth life that the gamer can discover as they transition from location to location.

Stunning graphics and appeal has made this game a fantastic competitor that will be tough to beat.
  27. Nov 16, 2013
    GTA V is obviously the best open-world game of this generation.It beat every other game in every aspect,i.e.,graphics, gameplay, driving mechanics, story, etc.
  28. Nov 18, 2013
    This game has it all.
    This game has it all.
    open sandbox, Trevor, loads of different htings to do, racing all kinds of vehicles, shooting, great storyline, and side missions, funny, gorey, messing. And least of all the graphics and lighting are so amazing. And all of that on the current gen of consoles. Sows up every other dev company in the world who clearly arent making any effort in their games(Battlefield 4 for example, need I say any more). Dice you bunch of scando hipsters.

Someone needs to unleash the power of Trevor Philips on your money grabbing asses
  29. Nov 19, 2013
    Can't say it is better than GTA 4 in term of story part ,but it's certainly the best looking open world game of this generation.If you have a ps3 or xbox360 then you must certainly buy this.
  30. Nov 20, 2013
    An amazing game from the get go. Not just because of the fact that Rockstar pay attention to every little bit of detail... No, beyond that is a game that tries hard to do everything right, and bar a few small niggles (which are mostly personal anyway) it delivers on a huge scale.

Single player is perfect. A brilliant story that is told across all three characters, and this is a mechanic that I think Rockstar will now have to stick to, and in my opinion that is great! Multiplayer, for me, is where it shines. I have dumped 80 hours already into the multiplayer, and I am steadily leveling up. This game, although being for current gen systems, just shows that the PS3 and Xbox 360 still have a lot of life left in them.

If you haven't played this game already, I urge you to. Because you won't be disappointed. Bring on the next GTA, but for now, spend some time in Los Santos.
  31. Nov 21, 2013
    I really loved the game I played about 50 hours and I'm at 80% and I'm sure I'll play this game until the launch of gta 6. Online and also this really cool now that rockstar gave us 500,000 to do what want
    Its like a golden key to close our beloved GENERATION
  32. Nov 22, 2013
    good game no flaws.ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
  33. Nov 22, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V as compared to all its preceedors had 1 thing a dog. i waited 4 long GTA games just to play with a dog companion :'D the game introduced a lot of real life happening into the game. the game is long and awesome to explore. the last exploration game i played that i loved was just cause 2. Gta 5 surpassed JC2 and i had spent hours exploring it and still haven't tired aGrand Theft Auto V as compared to all its preceedors had 1 thing a dog. i waited 4 long GTA games just to play with a dog companion :'D the game introduced a lot of real life happening into the game. the game is long and awesome to explore. the last exploration game i played that i loved was just cause 2. Gta 5 surpassed JC2 and i had spent hours exploring it and still haven't tired a bit. i'm more of a slow gamer so i'm exploring every detail side missions loving it all still haven't completed :p -1 for multiplayer as i didn't like it much Expand
  34. Nov 23, 2013
    Simply the greatest game I've ever played. Both the single player experience and the online (not that its functioning fine) are 2 of the most fun experiences I've ever had with countless years of gaming, nothing comes close
  35. Nov 24, 2013
    This is a great game with a great story mode, and a fun online game play where you can do what you want with your friends, The good parts of the online mode is the fun missions, races, and overall activities that you can enjoy, as well as join your friends to add to the fun. But there are a few short comings for online, one is the bugs in the game can really mess you up some times, alsoThis is a great game with a great story mode, and a fun online game play where you can do what you want with your friends, The good parts of the online mode is the fun missions, races, and overall activities that you can enjoy, as well as join your friends to add to the fun. But there are a few short comings for online, one is the bugs in the game can really mess you up some times, also it is hard to make a good amount of money in the game to buy any of the guns, cars, and so on. But on the bright side of things Rockstar Games promises to keep working on the game until it's better as well as adding a few more things to do online.
    ( Like the Heist missions.)
  36. Dec 2, 2013
    Graphics this sector of the GTA games never was the strongest part, but after a few minutes of playing the whole thing is growing in you so you start to notice the beauty of the visuals. 8/10
    Gameplay In my opinion the best thing the series deliver to the player!.strong controls with clever ideas make the game an obsolute experience. shooting, driving, fighting, running and much much more to do with none noticable mistake. 10/10
    Story Maybe the least good part of the game. The story goes well for the most part of the game and the 3 characters are very interesting and some missions wil blown your mind. the thing, although, turns for the worst at the end when the story doesn't actually has good finale. 8/10
    Final Verdic This is another great game with many thing to deliver to you!...it lives up to his ancestors and sometimes it sucks you in so much that you will not notice that 3-4 hours have past!!! unfortunatelly the dissappointing story doesnt "let" the game to be an absolut perfect 10/10....so 9/10 is the most suitable score for GTA V.
  37. Nov 25, 2013
    This game is awesome! They really created a masterpiece for the old generation. Massive open world with a lot of possibilities and side quests. You can spend hours of hours playing this game
  38. Nov 27, 2013
    Another standard GTA game, fun to play and great story line. Nothing outstanding in terms of game play, tho the character switching is a good idea it only brings that little something different. Not a good looking as more current games but not terrible. I've not finished it yet, I'm close, but I've not got the urge to complete it it. I got it on Day One too...
  39. Nov 28, 2013
    Fun and Addicting! Great storyline but could be longer. Stunning visuals especially for a 7 yr old console. The online segment is fun for quite a while... if you have people to play with! !!10!!
  40. Nov 30, 2013
    Absolutely fantastic. Multiple characters is a unique feature that brings a cool feeling of a special immersion into their world. Rockstar delivered on their promises. The game features a fantastic 16-player online mode. I could not ask for more. A brilliant checkpoint system, unlike GTA IV. The whole game could be accurately subtitled "Unlike GTA IV." Everything GTA IV did wrong, theyAbsolutely fantastic. Multiple characters is a unique feature that brings a cool feeling of a special immersion into their world. Rockstar delivered on their promises. The game features a fantastic 16-player online mode. I could not ask for more. A brilliant checkpoint system, unlike GTA IV. The whole game could be accurately subtitled "Unlike GTA IV." Everything GTA IV did wrong, they fixed, and did better than any other game. Shooting isn't great, but that's not the main part of the game, so I don't care.

P.S. if you dislike the genre/series, then why are you on here rating it a zero? It makes absolutely no sense.
    From "saintsrowiv" rating it a 0: "I hate this game man the worced game i have ever played!!!! especiall this one i am not a realistic guy if you know what i mean like ime more of a saints row guy"
  41. Dec 26, 2013
    *sigh* Sharing opinion about this game could make me a fool, but doesn't matter; YOLO. Needless to say, I found it extremely difficult not to enjoy this game. Might you agree that awesome games like this are able to keep the gaming industry on its feet. We all like different games and nothing's wrong about that. On Internets I am often finding comments in which someone says to gamers to*sigh* Sharing opinion about this game could make me a fool, but doesn't matter; YOLO. Needless to say, I found it extremely difficult not to enjoy this game. Might you agree that awesome games like this are able to keep the gaming industry on its feet. We all like different games and nothing's wrong about that. On Internets I am often finding comments in which someone says to gamers to get a f*****g life or articles in which some criminal committed murder, because GTA. I am not like that. Time to time I'm playing games... and I enjoy them. The time enjoyed wasting is not a wasted time; remember this, people Expand
  42. Dec 1, 2013
    GTA is a great game! Fun combat system, Great driving and an huge open world is really fun. Also love the good story. Nearly an perfect game. If you love action games with a great story, than this is for you
  43. Dec 6, 2013
    Excellent game as often mention. Definitely a must-have for any PS3 owner.
    Deserves all the good that was said about it. It's huge, beautiful (in its universe...), catchy, enjoyable.
    Excellent game as often mention. Definitely a must-have for any PS3 owner.
    Only point to avoid the 10 I found the open world was a bit too "open" sometimes. As a more mid-core gamer, some tips, pop-ups and guidance to find missions would be helpful. Controls are a bit complex to me but I guess it's a plus for more hardcore gamers.
  44. Dec 13, 2013
    GTA V is a good, but not masterful. Great Visuals, many annoying bugs and a minimalistic story With a multiplayer I am not a fan of. I recommend it to everyone, but it wasn't good enough this time Rockstar. Even though this is a massive step from the disaster called GTA IV.
  45. Dec 13, 2013
    By far the best GTA game in the franchise. everything was near flawless. The graphics, the vehicle handling systems, and things to do was dramatically increased and improved compared to GTA IV. However, there is still some issues (more so online) that they are still trying to fix. I could care less for those issues to be fixed, but if it makes the experience better than it already is, thenBy far the best GTA game in the franchise. everything was near flawless. The graphics, the vehicle handling systems, and things to do was dramatically increased and improved compared to GTA IV. However, there is still some issues (more so online) that they are still trying to fix. I could care less for those issues to be fixed, but if it makes the experience better than it already is, then hey, fantastic! from breathtaking views, to the more rural parts of Los Santos. GTA V will surly live up to its reputation. Expand
  46. Dec 14, 2013
    Fantastic game, in every aspect this game is superb. Great graphics, epic gameplay, fantastic story and really good music including the best set of radio stations ever in a gta game. There is a ton of stuff to do and it's all extremely polished and fun. Plus, when you buy the game, you also get gta online, which is easily worth the price of the game. Gta online has an unlimited amount ofFantastic game, in every aspect this game is superb. Great graphics, epic gameplay, fantastic story and really good music including the best set of radio stations ever in a gta game. There is a ton of stuff to do and it's all extremely polished and fun. Plus, when you buy the game, you also get gta online, which is easily worth the price of the game. Gta online has an unlimited amount of things to do and I enjoy it more than the main game. Gta 5 is the best game I have ever played. Expand
  47. Dec 14, 2013
    The attention to detail in this game is unlike any other. You can literally almost do anything in this game, while pushing the graphical limits of the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
  48. Dec 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. WARNING! THE FLOWING REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!

Let me start by saying this, I adore GTA V. Sure it can go a bit over the top at times, such as the torture mission, but we must remember that it's a GTA game and that it is rated 18+ for a reason.

GTA V is a beautiful game, although with some occasional texture pop-in, which became more apparent as I progressed through the main story. However the world is absolutely HUGE! The is so much to do in both Los Santos and the Blaine County that it's hard to run out of things to do. The are a few mini-games on top of free roam such as golf, tennis, skydiving and darts, just to name a few. However, the biggest thing that GTA V has going for it is free roam and cheat codes. The game is so much fun with low gravity and explosive melee attacks, while invincible of course.

Although every game has it's faults and one I found in GTA V was that the final heist just didn't reward me enough. Sure $26 million might sound like more than enough, especially over all three characters, but it just isn't. Though this issue isn't enough to bring down my score for the game, a perfect 10. I hope you found my review helpful and I will we you all on my next review.
  49. Dec 21, 2013
    Most videogames I dislike quite a bit in the final wash up (if I even make it to the end). One or more aspects are poor to horrible and this greatly detracts from the overall experience. The games come across as rushed and uninspired. People remark that The Last of Us (a great game) had a more emotional and 'engaging' plot/story to GTA V. I prefer laughing than being moved. As regardsMost videogames I dislike quite a bit in the final wash up (if I even make it to the end). One or more aspects are poor to horrible and this greatly detracts from the overall experience. The games come across as rushed and uninspired. People remark that The Last of Us (a great game) had a more emotional and 'engaging' plot/story to GTA V. I prefer laughing than being moved. As regards gameplay, in all its many facets, GTA V is either much better or on par with other games. Normally I focus on main storylines with other games, completing some sidequests (until I become bored). GTA V is so well constructed, so entertaining, that I'm not thinking about the next game to play. It's going to be hard act to follow for Rockstar. But then they have five years to spend on the next one, as they actually make games to be played, not 'finished'. Looking forward to the DLC, and might give GTA Online a look, despite negative press. Maybe GTA 6 will be a killer sandbox straight MMO to change things up again? Lastly, this game deserves to sell PS3s and 360s (with the new consoles a couple of months away). AC4 with next generation graphics is nothing on this. It's only an improvement on post AC2 releases. It's still got those horrible aspects I mentioned. Game of the year? Of course. Game of the generation. Followed by The Last of Us. The two games that were truly polished. Expand
  50. Dec 23, 2013
    Rockstar ended the seventh generation with a fantastic game. GTA 5's map if gigantic, with a variety of environments including beaches, forests, mountains, deserts, cities and towns, and plains. The 3 main characters in the game have very different personalities: a retired criminal who hates his life, a gang banger who has grown up in the hood, and a psychotic drug dealer. GTA 5 is aRockstar ended the seventh generation with a fantastic game. GTA 5's map if gigantic, with a variety of environments including beaches, forests, mountains, deserts, cities and towns, and plains. The 3 main characters in the game have very different personalities: a retired criminal who hates his life, a gang banger who has grown up in the hood, and a psychotic drug dealer. GTA 5 is a must-have for those still playing their xbox 360 or ps3. Expand
  51. Jan 29, 2014
    Игра хорошая. Самое что удивило это дальность обзора.Было видно все от начало Лос-Сантоса до гор. Персонажей тоже сделали хорошо
  52. Feb 10, 2014
    It was awesome playing the most beautiful and incredible game Iever playd, full of hot beaches incredible montains and awesome game play. The story is amazing. However, there are some bad bugs.
  53. Feb 19, 2014
    This is an instant 10 / 10 from me. This is the best PS3 game I have played in current gen
    I hope R* are proud of themselves because I am. The game features 3 main characters: Michael, Franklin and Trevor. They all have their own personalities which I like. The story is epic - I won't spoil it don't worry :D
    Don't get me started on Online! It's amazing! I can already think of 1,000

Don't get me started on Online! It's amazing! I can already think of 1,000 words to describe it: awesome, endless, fun, exciting, free, open, realistic and a lot, lot more. Online is what most people crave for when they get GTA V, but I see why. It's just so fun! It's addictive, but in a good way, not repetitive at least. But there is only 1 thing I don't like about online: people who just troll. It may seem too much to ask them to stop, it may be funny at first, but gets frustrating over time, most servers you can hear young children playing this game. It's not bad, but it's really awkward. People drive into you for no reason? Sniping you and killing you even if you don't have a bounty on your head? It's not like they are going to get rewarded for that! But that's not going to stop me from scoring 10 / 10 because it's just THE BEST.

It's pretty much better than Call Of Duty by over 9,000 miles. Recommended for anyone WHO ARE OVER 12
  54. Feb 20, 2014
    Rockstar yet again proves its excellence in making the optimal game in this generation. While GTA IV was a big tech test, GTA V does everything you couldn't do in the previous game. Every detail, programming, mechanic, everything was build with utmost caution and dedication.

The story is by far one of the best, if not the best, in the series. You control three totally different characters, but still you can't hate them and get really attached to them. A perfect satire of the modern California, explored in various perspectives. The cost of fame, futility, friendship, dubious government's actions... and Trevor Philips.

Rockstar reached the top of this generation, and makes a daring challenge to other companies throughout the next generations: make it better.
  55. Mar 18, 2014
    Perfection in a game is hard to come by an Rockstar have achieved this with GTA5.
    Worth every cent i spent on it and recomend a 11/10gfdsddhgfggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
  56. Apr 17, 2015
    Best game ever, period. Yes the torture mission shouldn't have been there and you can't buy pants anywhere but that's totally minor. Rockstar made history...
  57. Jul 11, 2014
    Думаю не нужно слов.
    эту игру нельзя пропустить!
    Касательно онлайн режима - он просто шикарен,мало подобных игр.С каждым обновлением игра просто растет на глазах!
    Бесспорно 10 из 10.
  58. Aug 23, 2014
    This game rocks! GTA 4 sucked. This game is every thing GTA should have been. Characters are great story is awesome and the gun fights are like modern warfare. I love this game and have played it several times all the way through. From being able to choose your close to the color of your ride this game gives you the freedom that was denied in GTA 4. Controls and game play are perfect. IThis game rocks! GTA 4 sucked. This game is every thing GTA should have been. Characters are great story is awesome and the gun fights are like modern warfare. I love this game and have played it several times all the way through. From being able to choose your close to the color of your ride this game gives you the freedom that was denied in GTA 4. Controls and game play are perfect. I can't wait for the next one. Expand
  59. Sep 9, 2014
    i see some **** copy and paste the same bad review and give it a 0/10 purposely to reduce the user scores for this game. this is easily the best game in ps3. the graphics are awesome. 0% glitch. big world with no glitch is something very rare we see in games. some **** games like skyrim are getting better reviews than this great game which i cannot bear. this game definitely deserves a wayi see some **** copy and paste the same bad review and give it a 0/10 purposely to reduce the user scores for this game. this is easily the best game in ps3. the graphics are awesome. 0% glitch. big world with no glitch is something very rare we see in games. some **** games like skyrim are getting better reviews than this great game which i cannot bear. this game definitely deserves a way better user score. i give it a perfect 10. Expand
  60. Nov 19, 2014
    In my opinion, the best part of GTA-ever.
    I was skeptical at first, if ever a GTA-part can be better than Vice City. However, this part has convinced me completely.
    Just a great game.

It was the reason (and Last Of Us) me to buy a PS3.
  61. Aug 13, 2016
    Самая лучшая игра вообще когда-либо вышла на PS3 и Xbox 360 17-го сентября 2013 года. Игру ждали очень долго, все были в предвкушении, активно покупали консоли прошлого поколения, ради того, чтобы поиграть первыми в заветную игрушку. Трейлеры набирали десятки миллионов просмотров, предварительные заказы били рекорды, 800 млн. долларов в первый день и 1 млрд. за первые 3 дня, думаетеСамая лучшая игра вообще когда-либо вышла на PS3 и Xbox 360 17-го сентября 2013 года. Игру ждали очень долго, все были в предвкушении, активно покупали консоли прошлого поколения, ради того, чтобы поиграть первыми в заветную игрушку. Трейлеры набирали десятки миллионов просмотров, предварительные заказы били рекорды, 800 млн. долларов в первый день и 1 млрд. за первые 3 дня, думаете ожидания не оправдались? Ввод трёх главных персонажей в игру делали её очень интересной. Столько заданий, событий, возможностей... Всё это делало её лучшим открытым миром когда-либо. Да, с сюжетом у "рок-звёзд" всегда были проблемы и пробелы. Но тут он получился хоть и простым, но весьма интересным. Ограбления... Лучшая часть игры. Можно самому планировать, проходить подготовительные миссии, выбирать членов команды... Невероятно интересно. Графика конечно не совсем радовала, т.к. игра затачивалась под старое поколение консолей, но пейзажи Лос-Сантоса, красота округа Блэйна и солнечная теплая картинка затмевала любое "мыло" и прочие графические дефекты. 18 радиостанции, океан музыки, столько жанров, начиная от регги и джаза до рока и рэпа. Впервые в серии появилась фоновая музыка или так называемый 'score'. Динамичная музыка, которая играет на фоне, в зависимости от ситуции и правильно задаёт атмосферу игры. Rockstar не поленились и добавили столько интересных и приятных деталей, пасхалок и прочего, что делают игру шедевром игровой индустрии. Ещё игра примечательна тем, что она имеет отдельную игру - GTA Online. Эта мультиплеер в мире GTA 5. Создание собственного персонажа, различные приобретения в виде апартаментов и машин, столько занятий и хобби, невероятные возможности. Также, создание собственных гонок и Deathmatch режимов. Подводя итог, можно смело называть игру шедевром, которая двигает игровую индустрию в вперед! 11/10 Expand
  62. Jul 30, 2016
    The game has no limits to what you can do and for me the best GTA game ever made. While you play with the 3 characters, there is just so much to do. The story is well placed all along the game and it just never disappoints.
  63. Jun 19, 2016
    O jogo sem dúvida consegue ser a definição em pessoa do termo Sand-Box, mas com um mundo tão grande com tantas coisas disponíveis no jogo para se fazer, faltou o principal elemento do jogo: motivos para fazer estas coisas. A história é muito sem sal e os personagens mais ainda. No final por mais que o jogo tenha seus méritos, ele não consegue sequer chegar perto do que San Andreas foi.O jogo sem dúvida consegue ser a definição em pessoa do termo Sand-Box, mas com um mundo tão grande com tantas coisas disponíveis no jogo para se fazer, faltou o principal elemento do jogo: motivos para fazer estas coisas. A história é muito sem sal e os personagens mais ainda. No final por mais que o jogo tenha seus méritos, ele não consegue sequer chegar perto do que San Andreas foi.
  64. Jun 24, 2016
    I hated all GTA after the Vicy city one. But this one got me back, it's incredible, not only graphics or the plot, everything since regular stores to the car radio, I just loved it.
  65. Jan 26, 2014
    Perfect end to the generation. Great story, acting, and full of laughs. If there's one complaint is that the gunplay is a bit lacking, but it doesn't detract from what is an amazing gaming experience.
  66. Oct 21, 2013
    Among the greatest games I've ever played. The character switching is phenomenal, the story is awesome, the graphics are jawdropping, the score is rich and the gameplay is so phucking fantastic. There is just so much to do. It's amazing.
  67. Sep 25, 2013
    Well,, well well. It's a very good game. It really changed, compared to te GTA IV, in driving, missions, HP, almost everything. BUT, some of this things changed for good and for bad.
    For example: The HP that the characters has it incredibly changed for bad. Why?. Because WE, players of GTA, aren't so used to die so fast. The HP used to last more.
    The mission/history: Well, when you buy
    The mission/history: Well, when you buy the game you have a lot of patience to see the histories going through you watch it, and its alright. But the histories are too loutish, it lasts a lot to say nothing. And, compared to the other ones, GTA's, the missions aren't so funny to do.
    The Map: The map is simply HUGE, and it's a little bit boring when you are going to do the mission, because it's delays a lot to arrive at the target. AND on GTA IV we had a lot of taxis going by through the city, but on GTA V, when we need the taxi we don't have, compared to the GTA IV, there are only 60% of the taxis that had on the other game.
    The driving: It's awesome. Now you can run with it and its don't shake as the GTA IV
    The graphic: It's also amazing the streets are really real, with a lot of details
    And to finish, making a review. The songs of the radio are known and cool. But that are other things in the game there you can't understand why it doesn't happen/exist.
  68. Jun 5, 2017
    Los Santos: a sprawling sun-soaked metropolis full of self-help gurus, starlets and fading celebrities, once the envy of the Western world, now struggling to stay afloat in an era of economic uncertainty and cheap reality TV. Amidst the turmoil, three very different criminals plot their own chances of survival and success: Franklin, a former street gangster, now looking for realLos Santos: a sprawling sun-soaked metropolis full of self-help gurus, starlets and fading celebrities, once the envy of the Western world, now struggling to stay afloat in an era of economic uncertainty and cheap reality TV. Amidst the turmoil, three very different criminals plot their own chances of survival and success: Franklin, a former street gangster, now looking for real opportunities and serious money; Michael, a professional ex-con whose retirement is a lot less rosy than he hoped it would be; and Trevor, a violent maniac driven by the chance of a cheap high and the next big score. Running out of options, the crew risks everything in a series of daring and dangerous heists that could set them up for life. Expand
  69. Oct 19, 2013
    A brilliant comeback for the GTA franchise, with a massive map, new characters (as well as the odd cameo), fantastic script. This game leaves you with so much to do, so much to explore and you can spend hours and hours on this game having all the fun you want!
  70. Feb 9, 2014
    I'm an expert player and i play almost any genre out there and after playing the gtaV really A LOT, i can say it's a new masterpiece of the serie. Single player is superb, with beautiful acting and characters that you will love, improved game mechanics, the best graphic you will get on PS3 (natural and artificial lighting is just wonderful... astonishing sunsets and the city by night isI'm an expert player and i play almost any genre out there and after playing the gtaV really A LOT, i can say it's a new masterpiece of the serie. Single player is superb, with beautiful acting and characters that you will love, improved game mechanics, the best graphic you will get on PS3 (natural and artificial lighting is just wonderful... astonishing sunsets and the city by night is just beautiful) and an enormous living world. It just looks so real, so many details. And... GTA online is just FANTASTIC, i will play this game a lot in the next years. So what are you waiting. BUY IT now. Expand
  71. Oct 9, 2013
    I was skeptical about this game as I've grown tired of the open world format these days. However, I received the game as a gift and was happily surprised! Improved graphics, more control over how heists are done. Deeper characters that you can switch between at anytime even during missions. The drives aren't as long and tedious to get where your going as they were in previous installmentsI was skeptical about this game as I've grown tired of the open world format these days. However, I received the game as a gift and was happily surprised! Improved graphics, more control over how heists are done. Deeper characters that you can switch between at anytime even during missions. The drives aren't as long and tedious to get where your going as they were in previous installments of this franchise. The online mode is exceptionally improved as well Expand
  72. Oct 25, 2013
    GTA V is everything you could want and more in a game. Rockstar have delivered the ultimate sandbox experience! It more than lives up to the hype and as such is without doubt is utterly unmissable. The game was arguably the most anticipated off all time and as soon as the action starts you'll know straight away that you are in for something extraordinary. Baring in mind the next genGTA V is everything you could want and more in a game. Rockstar have delivered the ultimate sandbox experience! It more than lives up to the hype and as such is without doubt is utterly unmissable. The game was arguably the most anticipated off all time and as soon as the action starts you'll know straight away that you are in for something extraordinary. Baring in mind the next gen consoles are fast approaching, this is the last hurrah on the current gen and it's one that you will savour for many years to come. GTA IV at the time was regarded as one of, if not the, greatest game but for me GTA V eclipses it's predecessor. Ditching the dark and gloomy Libery City in favour of the rich, classy, vibrancy of Los Santos, GTA V isn't just better than IV but so much bigger and beautiful. Infact, it's colossal! But what's so impressive is how detailed every last component is. The possibilities are literally endless. It's so open that you will never struggle for something to do. That's the beauty of GTA! The characters Rockstar create are always awesome, Niko was and is still a much loved creation but the ever innovative guys behind GTA have gone even bolder and braver and given is the luxury of 3 lead characters. And all 3 are amazing! Each to their own they have their own personalities but when they come together it's simply sensational. Trevor Phillips is possibly the greatest video game character ever made. Steven Ogg is outstanding in his stellar portrayal. He's an aggressive, rude, crude, violent, egotistic psychopath but absolutely hilarious from his introduction. The other playable characters are Michael and Franklin. Both, particularly Michael are excellent, are good but not quite Trevor, who i'm sure will be remembered for years to come. The gameplay is has refined and tweaked and despite some minor gripes the epic and exhilariating fun that is here to be had it's impossible not to overlook them and just become engrossed in such an exceptional experience. The driving aspect is one key area where there has been an overwhelming improvement. It was frustrating last time out but this time round it's enjoyable and the simplicity of it means going for a spin was never more relaxing. Then single player focuses mainly on heists and how all 3 main characters intertwine with one another which produces some truly magnificent missions to be had as you explore Los Santos to it's bare bones. The set pieces are stunning throughout and often leave you in awe. What's also genius is the way the characters interchange, being able to change between the 3 leads is brilliant and the it's always brilliant to see what scenario your character is when you change from one to another. To top it all off, GTA Online is now available and the problems have been addressed. They've even added some funs out of generosity! Online is going to better and bigger. It's a certainty! And you have to remember that it's in it's early stages and that makes it even more intriguing and impressive. The opportunities Rockstar will supply everybody online with is very much a fantastic prospect. Create your character, join a clan, play with some mates, do some missions.. You'll never run out of things to do!

All in all GTA V is just an unbelievable package. Rockstar have once again delivered the essential game and presented the current generation consoles with one of the greatest games of all time! It's epic fun. With endless possibilties ranging from the gigantic world of Los Santos, the incredible story, 3 genius and enthralling characters, a great and an ever expanding online mode... Grand Theft Auto V is another landmark moment for gaming and a game that anyone with a console should own!
  73. Oct 23, 2013
    You know that feeling you get... that sad feeling you get when Christmas day is over and you realize that the day you've anticipated for so long has come and gone? That's how I felt when the credits started rolling when I completed GTA 5. This is actually the first GTA I've played. Yes, there are shocking moments, but this game is a masterpiece. It's my guilty pleasure for sure. The storyYou know that feeling you get... that sad feeling you get when Christmas day is over and you realize that the day you've anticipated for so long has come and gone? That's how I felt when the credits started rolling when I completed GTA 5. This is actually the first GTA I've played. Yes, there are shocking moments, but this game is a masterpiece. It's my guilty pleasure for sure. The story is awesome and the gameplay is so fun. Worth every penny and more. Expand
  74. Oct 17, 2014
    Rockstar last GTA installment is a masterpiece for what concerns scale and spectacularity. It depicts Los Angeles and California pretty closely, ironically exaggerating its defects and letting the setting magnify its bright spots. The way the player is treated feels bitter, anyway.
    Programmers are always sure you get to see the best landscaping views, and didn't bother giving a significance to side missions outside of just enjoying them. These make a player feel like he is being shown a game he doesn't have any possibility to change, which is the intention you buy a sandbox game with.
    The plot is well written and linear. That is a plus since you really went to play a big game like this without leaving anything back. The only characters that stands out is Trevor, while Franklin and Michael feel cliché. The overall 'decading age' feeling is very well portrayed and represents modern society in a great way.
    GTA V is fun, big, and breathtaking. Just be aware that the low interaction between what you do and what you are told makes everything less personal.
  75. Oct 16, 2013
    Do you love causing mayhem? Don't lie, the answer is Yes.

Do you love causing mayhem? Don't lie, the answer is Yes.

This game is not just Grand Theft Auto. This game is Tiger Woods Pro Golf, this game is Need For Speed, this game is WaveRunner (N64 throwback), this game is basically every type of game you would want all bundled into one. Epic characters, insane heists (which you can play multiple ways!), and room for many, MANY expansions makes this game incredible to say the least.

Buy or Rent?

If you only want to experience the bare minimum the game has to offer, then rent. It will still take a solid 20 hours to beat, even if you rush the main story. The thing is, the main story is not where the game really shines (it is but it isn't), the "real" enjoyment of the game (IMO) is in the ambient world. It is fully alive with everyday activities and things going on around you. Ever stopped outside the skyscraper downtown to hear a lawyer to complain about his client on the cell? Epic stuff.

This game will always sit on my shelf as a milestone of gaming history.
  76. Oct 28, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V was released with massive hype and limited spoilers as to how the gameplay and mechanics would work. RockStar spent the better part of 5 years developing the concept for this game.
    With the expectations so high prior to it's release. This reviewer was honestly expecting a failure of a game.
    What I did not expect was a game to exceed the hype and create a game so large
    What I did not expect was a game to exceed the hype and create a game so large in scale that it creates a new standard for all open world games.
    The game focuses on three protagonists. Trevor. Michael and Franklin.
    Each of whom have different backgrounds and life situations. Who all stories intertwine and become a trio of anti-heroes who organise bank heists.
    Without delving too much into the characters. Rockstar do a fantastic job creating a basic prologue of each character do make each of them mildly interesting to the player.
    The interchangeable players is a nice touch. But this sacrifices deep storytelling of a single lead character.
    A small irk though. Graphically it is amazing. Among the best realism on the current gen. The simple control's stay true to the traditional style. Set in a reimagined Los Santos and Blaine County. This visual masterpiece is this franchise best release since San Andreas on PS2.
    My only problems with this game. Reused dialogue. Lack of in depth character development and at times it feels a little lacklustre but that is few and far and between.
    On the upside Missions are fun. The Chemistry between Micheal and Trevor is hilarious. There is always something to do.
    This game is a new level of quality which will take some beating.
  77. Mar 6, 2014
    Fun in all Senses, this masterpiece guide you to the life of 3 different kind of people to accomplish something together, is really funny how the interact with everything in this gorgeous world, tons os things to do, excellent main missions and a really good on-line companion to add more fun, perfect 10 for me
  78. May 3, 2014
    One of the best game I've ever played, with a huge world which offers days of gametime. The story is good and the character design is fantastic. Only issue is the Multiplayer, which is chaotic and at times difficult to navigate. Worth getting solely for single player though.
  79. Oct 20, 2013
    Excellent single player game. The characters are engaging and relateable. Everything controls great frankly there's not much to say. The single player is wonderful. GTA Online is horribly boring (I'm completely ignoring the ongoing technical issues, I've been able to play online a few times this past week). The trailer for online looked so much better than the online game itself.Excellent single player game. The characters are engaging and relateable. Everything controls great frankly there's not much to say. The single player is wonderful. GTA Online is horribly boring (I'm completely ignoring the ongoing technical issues, I've been able to play online a few times this past week). The trailer for online looked so much better than the online game itself. It's just awful. The single player make everything worth it. Not much more to say this is classic GTA, only better. It just doesn't make any progress in the online world. Expand
  80. Apr 5, 2014
    Story: 8.5 out of 10 Graphics: 9.5 out of 10 Gameplay: 9 out of 10 Fun: 8.5 out of 10 Controls: 10 out of 10 Ease to Learn: 9.5 out of 10
    Multiplayer: 7 out of 10
    Length: 9 out of 10
    Re-play: 9 out of 10
    Audio: 10 out of 10
    Bugs/Glitches: barely any
  81. Oct 20, 2013
    This game is breathtakingly fun but it gets drawn out and a bit repetitive, but still worth the money to have this game in your collection. That being said i loved the fact that rockstar incorporated three playable characters with their own stats, weapons, money and a stock market where you can plan which stocks to buy, with any of the three characters you get to play as. After playing myThis game is breathtakingly fun but it gets drawn out and a bit repetitive, but still worth the money to have this game in your collection. That being said i loved the fact that rockstar incorporated three playable characters with their own stats, weapons, money and a stock market where you can plan which stocks to buy, with any of the three characters you get to play as. After playing my favorite game this gen, the last of us, i realized that Gta v's story is very predictable and seemed oddly put together (with the number of heists and over exaggerated drama). The story that rockstar had with Gta v felt new but soon declined and made you lose that little bit of accomplishment you had playing through the start of the game. I still think that the lifeinvader mission to be this games' most memorable mission. The ending portion of the game seemed to be much more serious then the rest.. You have three outcomes to choose from for the ending (i won't spoil it) and all three endings felt very lackluster and made me say... Really? All of them felt like put together cliches and it felt really rushed compared to the whole premise of the story. Even the "good ending" tries to make light of the whole situation by making some hard advances on really uncanny and unfunny jokes to take away from the seriousness of the atmosphere, which i didn't like. Don't get me wrong i loved the humor in gta v and found myself laughing my ass off but the endings struck a nerve for me. Honestly take a minute and ask yourselves. Is the fifth installment to GTA, a better or on par storyline, with San Andreas (which is still my favourite GTA)? Of course not. San Andreas wasn't cliche, repetitive and drawn out. San andreas had some extraordinary twists that made you excited, the twists were extraordinary and unpredictable and it actually pulled you into the heart of the characters in it. This game really didn't capture and mesmerize me that much and the characters seemed to be unlikable. That being said the characters personified what GTA was really about, so i looked past my views on the characters. Great game overall, disappointed with the climax and execution of the storyline. I find that gta v is a respectable 8 or a 9. Good job rockstar! Expand
  82. Feb 14, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V, on all fronts, has finally met it's true potential as a rpg/shooter, finally blending the joys of both in tangent. With a more vibrant colorful boost up from GTA IV, more diversity of weapons and cheats, weapon customizations and the return of vehicle customizations that have been amped from the San Andreas predecessor, GTA V is a game for anyone willing to either go onGrand Theft Auto V, on all fronts, has finally met it's true potential as a rpg/shooter, finally blending the joys of both in tangent. With a more vibrant colorful boost up from GTA IV, more diversity of weapons and cheats, weapon customizations and the return of vehicle customizations that have been amped from the San Andreas predecessor, GTA V is a game for anyone willing to either go on a rampage or just soak in how alive the city feels, not only by the development of the buildings but also by the interactions of people that are just if not more dynamic than the interactions in Skyrim.

Sure, GTAV faulted on it's GTA Online concept, but I'm glad that, despite that it was still a flop at launch, Rockstar actually had their head on a swivel enough to try to patch it as best as they could without expecting any sort of problems to be expected. For my experiences on the PS3 and in terms of Single Player, the Single Player has a lot to offer, with a 3-protagonist web that never interferes with the joys of gameplays, as each character get their own personal properties and garages to stack their items. The new introduction of the Heists is the highest selling point of this game, a new aspect that allow you to attack and diverge an operation in any sort of way you see fit, mostly in the prospect of benefiting the biggest payout to your main protagonists. The protagonists themselves also have their own situations and issues, being 3 diverse characters with their own prospects and woes. Points are slightly taken away for some of the disturbing imagery that comes about in the story mode, not to mention how the story mode loses a lot of gravity at the end and ends on a short note. The cheat system has returned to the combo mashing, which was somewhat of a pain since GTAIV had the phone dial up that made activating cheats easier, but I could see why they did return: You can make yourself invincible for 5 minutes. No fall damage, no bullet damage, no melee, explosion or fire damage. If one was able to just simply press the cheat at the end time, a person could make themselves invincible indefinitely. But anyhow, Cheat diversity has largely increased, with a lot more exciting cheats rather than the stock cheats. Weapons also have returned with a more satisfying arsenal, with stun guns, machine pistols, light machine guns and my favorite, the minigun. Also, these weapons can have modifications and tints to diversity your need for stopping power. Vehicles have increased in diversity, with even more exotic vehicles to test your limits. IN terms of the general area, Los Santos has a lot of callbacks to it's San Andreas counterpart, increased in size and moved some prominent areas, such as the Stadium and Grove Street. The river layout has become muchmore real and diverse, and Blaine County, serving as the secondary area, also is incredibly diverse with the first introduction of animal life in a GTA GAme since. (if you cant flying rats in GTAIV). This game, alone, is a fun ride that takes you on a new, grandiose tale through the american wastes of capitalism and egotism.
  83. Oct 16, 2013
    Massive, immersive and VERY detailed. A true epic that will be setting the standard for open world games for years to come. The campaign is fun with plenty of interesting missions that add context to the impressive action and game play. The game is not perfect but, for what it does accomplish, giving this game anything less than a 10 would be criminal. The characters are kind of cliche andMassive, immersive and VERY detailed. A true epic that will be setting the standard for open world games for years to come. The campaign is fun with plenty of interesting missions that add context to the impressive action and game play. The game is not perfect but, for what it does accomplish, giving this game anything less than a 10 would be criminal. The characters are kind of cliche and the story is not always as tense as it could be but these are minor issues in the grand scheme of things. There are some minor graphical glitches so I hope that they do release a PC and/or next gen version at some point (this game is worth buying twice). I'm not interested in multiplayer so my review does not contain information regarding that portion of the game. Expand
  84. Feb 16, 2014
    No need for generic introduction; its GTA and that's all you need to know about what kind of game this is! All the sandbox elements are still there, only better: more vehicles, a tonne of customization, more activities, etc, etc.
    What I want to focus on in this review, however, is the single player of GTA5. Sure you can forget about campaign and only play online, which is a ton of fun if you got friends to play with you (I'm not saying you have to play with a friend though), but the campaign of this game... is incredible. It seemed normal that few people would ever beat the gta campaign (not me), but this convention might end with GTA5. Here you got so much content; its like Skyrim, where unlike other rpgs its all about multiple story lines. They are all interesting too; I will be honest I haven't progressed too much in the campaign because I was playing online, but in the first few missions I already had a lot of fun, the game becoming exciting or gripping or funny when it needs be, unlike older GTA titles where the awesome missions only appear after you are well progressed through the game. Characters in GTA5 are vibrant and alive. They might not make you really care about them as if they were your best friends, but they are definitely likable.
    Also like Skyrim you will be kind of "integrated" with the game as you will very likely be playing non-stop. Los Santos really is a place you can live in. GTA5 is a dam good game with its single player alone--since it also offers a multiplayer that is just as big and as deep, GTA5 really is one of the few games that you must play.
  85. Oct 29, 2013
    Gta V's storyline will keep you interested until the end but still lacks in originality. Those last few side missions are also hard to find and can waste alot of time.
  86. Nov 4, 2013
    greatest game ever created in the history of the universe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  87. Sep 28, 2013
    As a game this is good don't get me wrong is great but for a GTA i feel it is lacking. The gameplay is solid and a good improvement from GTA 4 but im sorry but the story and characters are truly poor, Michael somehow manages to be more boring than the silent protagonist form GTA 3 which is an achievement in itself and i know everyone loves Trevor but i don't agree, yes he is funny but itAs a game this is good don't get me wrong is great but for a GTA i feel it is lacking. The gameplay is solid and a good improvement from GTA 4 but im sorry but the story and characters are truly poor, Michael somehow manages to be more boring than the silent protagonist form GTA 3 which is an achievement in itself and i know everyone loves Trevor but i don't agree, yes he is funny but it just gets a bit weird. I found myself bored by most of the missions as a large number of them were pointless as i do not care about Michaels family and do not want to interact with them, what you mostly do is favours rather than jobs so you dont actually get paid which is very annoying.Why were there not more heists....heists were the most interesting missions... they made a big thing about planning your own heists, in the end you do about 5 and only get to plan about 3, why would they not include more rather than having you drive around with Michaels annoying Jonah Hill of a son. In summary the boring pointless story means that is the worst GTA of the 3D and HD era. But is saved by good gameplay, map and good side missions and extra activities. Expand
  88. Dec 30, 2013
    This game has it all. When I saw the trailers for this game, it made me eager and ready for the next instalment of the Grand Theft Auto series. I was blown away when I finally played it and when I finished the story mode, I had logged 50 hours into the game. Lets start off by saying this game has copious amounts more variety thrown into it compared to the last instalment of GTA IV. WhileThis game has it all. When I saw the trailers for this game, it made me eager and ready for the next instalment of the Grand Theft Auto series. I was blown away when I finally played it and when I finished the story mode, I had logged 50 hours into the game. Lets start off by saying this game has copious amounts more variety thrown into it compared to the last instalment of GTA IV. While Grand Theft Auto IV is an amazing game, it is true that it did not as much to do while not performing missions. GTA V has definitely made you have the sheer amount of joy you experienced in San Andreas by briniging in so much tasks to do while not on the story. This game is amazing and is well worth the $60-80 dollar price range. 10/10. Expand
  89. Aug 23, 2014
    The gameplay is phenomenal, they really improved it (Especially after GTA IV), the world is amazingly detailed and massive, the replay value is out of this world but the story is trash.You can see that it was rushed and that they didn't give two ***** about it and they only cared about the gameplay aspect which is what failed in GTA IV. The game is really good but they could have developedThe gameplay is phenomenal, they really improved it (Especially after GTA IV), the world is amazingly detailed and massive, the replay value is out of this world but the story is trash.You can see that it was rushed and that they didn't give two ***** about it and they only cared about the gameplay aspect which is what failed in GTA IV. The game is really good but they could have developed a better story and characters. Expand
  90. Oct 17, 2013
    This is easily one of the best games I've ever played. With the exception of a few technical hiccups, this is a near perfect game that's a joy to watch, play and experience. Throughout the entire single player I was never bored. Every mission is different from the last and there is just so much fun to be had. GTA V oozes variety and is the pinnacle of sandbox games in general. The map isThis is easily one of the best games I've ever played. With the exception of a few technical hiccups, this is a near perfect game that's a joy to watch, play and experience. Throughout the entire single player I was never bored. Every mission is different from the last and there is just so much fun to be had. GTA V oozes variety and is the pinnacle of sandbox games in general. The map is gargantuan in size and is just so beautifully designed. Many area's look aesthetically different ranging from cities, to mountains, to deserts, the list goes on and on. The story is also decent along with some memorable characters over the top dialogue and action sequences. After the rather beefy campaign you still have tons of side missions, 100%ing story missions, purchasing property, free roaming and... oh yeah online, which could honestly last you forever. This game is jam-packed with non-stop fun content which will just leave you wanting more. I can easily say this is my favorite game this console generation, surpassing previous favorites like Uncharted 2, inFamous 2, Rayman Origins, and the Last of Us. I just can't stress enough how much fun I had playing this game, and the fun has only just begun. After beating the single player I hopped over to multiplayer with my buddies and it's just a blast. I still have to complete all those single player side missions as well. This game will keep me busy for months to come and is the BEST game this generation and the best sandbox game of all time. Expand
  91. Oct 11, 2013
    I've been waiting for this game since the 2nd trailer came out. A lot of possible outcomes came into mind whether it would turn out to be the worst of the GTA games or the best of them all. In my opinion, this is the best GTA of the series and the most ambitious. So much detail was put in the game and that devotion warrants a recognition. GTA kept a humorous tone in the narrative whileI've been waiting for this game since the 2nd trailer came out. A lot of possible outcomes came into mind whether it would turn out to be the worst of the GTA games or the best of them all. In my opinion, this is the best GTA of the series and the most ambitious. So much detail was put in the game and that devotion warrants a recognition. GTA kept a humorous tone in the narrative while keeping it action-packed and intense. The only problem I have with this game is the length because it ended too soon for me. Hoping there would be a DLC release to add more to the story. As for the addition feature GTA online, I'd say it needs more improvement, which is nothing patches can't take care of. I also felt the city looked barren with only 16 players per session. Overall, I'm rating this game for the single player experience and it is one of a kind. Expand
  92. Oct 25, 2013
    Up until this point never got on with GTA games, not my sort of thing. Wasn't even sure whether or not to buy this one, but succumbed to marketing pressure Glad I did, I like this game. I don't know why to be honest, perhaps it's because Trevor is just so funny in a psychotic sort of way. Listening to the chat shows on the radio is an hysterical commentary on the society of today.Up until this point never got on with GTA games, not my sort of thing. Wasn't even sure whether or not to buy this one, but succumbed to marketing pressure Glad I did, I like this game. I don't know why to be honest, perhaps it's because Trevor is just so funny in a psychotic sort of way. Listening to the chat shows on the radio is an hysterical commentary on the society of today. The world is vast an interesting. The fact you can decide what to do with any of the three protagonists and not have things dictated to you is nice. Means you can just idle the hours away doing what you fancy doing.

Overall brilliant game to close out the current series of consoles and shift to the next-gen.
  93. Jul 3, 2014
    I have nothing to say. Great game. Great story. Great online. Free dlc's. Own creator. Races. Music and city is realistic. Huge open world. What else gamer needs? Idk, but everyone have to got. 10/10 masterpiece and best game of 2013 :)
  94. Mar 24, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is an improvement over its predecessor in almost every possible way! I believe that this entry in the series will go down as the instant classic that IV was supposed to be! By far the most remarkable thing about this game is its presentation, every single thing all the way down to the smallest detail is rendered with the utmost quality and care. The gameplay is alsoGrand Theft Auto V is an improvement over its predecessor in almost every possible way! I believe that this entry in the series will go down as the instant classic that IV was supposed to be! By far the most remarkable thing about this game is its presentation, every single thing all the way down to the smallest detail is rendered with the utmost quality and care. The gameplay is also tuned to perfection, you can see elements of both L.A. Noire as well as Red Dead Redemption in it. The only two things that really took me out of the experience were one the story, which has its moments but ultimately falls flat compared to Red Dead or L.A. Noire. It's not the story was bad or that the missions weren't fun, it just failed to hit me on the emotional level that those two games did. Secondly, is GTA Online. Again, it's not bad it just got really boring really fast and didn't keep me addicted and coming back the way that Red Dead's online did. Still GTA V is an absolutely phenomenal game when looked at as a whole and will definitely will be remembered for years to come! Expand
  95. Oct 18, 2013
    This game is among my top ten games of all time. Inifinte out of ten if it was an possible. Truly an original masterpiece exceeds the typical gamers' expectations. Better than the fourth GTA. A great experience on the PS3 while the xbox port is dumb.
  96. Mar 9, 2014
    So close to being one of the best games ever IMO, if only another Rockstar game didn't already have that title (Red Dead Redemption). I missed out on playing GTA 4 when it came out, but was a big fan of GTA San Andreas, and was looking forward to GTA V. As many people have already mentioned, despite the massive hype for this game, it not only delivers, but generally exceeds it in manySo close to being one of the best games ever IMO, if only another Rockstar game didn't already have that title (Red Dead Redemption). I missed out on playing GTA 4 when it came out, but was a big fan of GTA San Andreas, and was looking forward to GTA V. As many people have already mentioned, despite the massive hype for this game, it not only delivers, but generally exceeds it in many cases.

The game has all the elements of brilliance, from the fantastic heist setups, voice acting, driving, action/gun mechanics, cut scenes etc, it continues to deliver awesomeness from start to finish. But despite all that, the one thing which constantly stood out beyond all that, was Los Santos/San Andreas itself....essentially - mammoth! And most critically, mammothly detailed and unique! Going on 70hrs+ playing the game, I was still discovering brand new areas. Little nooks in the hills with houses, vineyards, factories, crazy people etc. There is just so much depth to the "GTA 5 World", it surpasses anything any game has ever tried to do beforehand. And it's a step above other big map games (ala Just Cause 2), because it isn't just copy+paste landscapes....every location is unique and it's clear the game designers have spent a lot of time making this right.

If I had to choose any downside to the game, it's probably only that some side missions are insanely time-consuming for little benefit (aside from trophies) - i.e. Spaceship Parts, Letter Scraps etc. But even then, they give you an opportunity to do some more exploring.

I'll be sad to leave Michael, Franklin and Trevor behind...
  97. Mar 3, 2014
    While the game didn't live up to it's hype, it still turned out to be a pretty good game overall. Nice graphics, good voice acting and the GTA gameplay we all know. Violent, gruesome and over the top, of course, but it wouldn't be GTA without it. If you are a fan of the series I don't think you will be let down, just don't expect the greatest game of all time. Worth your time and money.
  98. Mar 24, 2015
    This game is amazing with tons of stuff to do throughout. It has a super long campaign, tons of great minigames and a fantastic online mode where people from all over the world compete in heists. fun.
  99. Nov 3, 2013
    Great game and story plus alot more in-depth than any previous GTA game I've ever played, without taking itself too seriously in the process while still knowing what it is.... thankfully also not as dull as it's predecessor!
  100. Jan 19, 2014
    Not as good as I expected. There is plenty of stuff in this game that I truly hate. Single player is kinda limited in open world approach. Heists could have been better. The Online is utterly horrible thanks to trolls and limited mission count. Other than that, everything's fine. Just try to get it. I don't say GTA V is bad. It's a great game, but GTA SA is better to me

1. CD-Action
    Nov 14, 2013
    The best way to bid farewell to the retiring consoles is to spend dozens of hours having fun in Los Santos: robbing, abusing illegal substances, breaking all laws and enjoying everything else that GTA V has to offer. And after we finish the game, we should all say loudly: ‘okay, Rockstar girls and boys, it’s high time to make a truly new GTA, not just a gigantic DLC’. [12/2013, p.36]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 24, 2013
    GTA V fulfills the idea of a gaming sandbox, where you can entertain yourself in many different ways - and also experience a superbly written story of three gangsters, if you want. [Issue#234]
  3. Play UK
    Oct 16, 2013
    Gigantic and stupidly detailed, GTA V is everything we hoped it would be. Individual components could be a touch better, but when a game does literally everything, nobody can expect perfection across the board. That it even comes close is incredible. [Issue#236, p.62]